Type keyword(s) to search

Grimm Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

SimoneS

I sure hope Bud's demise isn't going to be one of the sources of sorrow.  He's one courageous eisbieber;  I'm remembering his role in the Wesenrein thing with Monroe, but geez he's got a wife and kids.  He's been MIA for awhile, don't just bring him back to kill him please.  Maybe casualties of the main cast will be limited due to the magic stick.

One of the spoilers mentioned there will be callbacks that viewers will like, I wonder if that will involve characters like the medical examiner, or wesen like the bear family, etc.   It could actually be well-done, fingers crossed. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

That gave me a chuckle.  Nick falling for Adalind made him look like such a dipshit.  The character has gotten progressively more dull as the years went on, but this just made him look like he had really crappy judgment.

I am interested in what was said in the tvline article: 

Nick shows an unnatural attachment to the magic stick at the beginning of the season, and the feeling may be mutual. So, is it his preciousssssss? “Not entirely so much as you might begin to suspect from the beginning, but yeah, because this is too powerful for human hands to hold,” Greenwalt says. The EPs also promise that “the stick definitely figures through the whole thing” and that any questions raised “will be answered.”

Lawd.  What next?  Is Nick going to sit and stare at the stick all day while Adalind and Juliette roll their eyes at their sister wives husband?!

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

Lawd.  What next?  Is Nick going to sit and stare at the stick all day while Adalind and Juliette roll their eyes at their sister wives husband?!

Personally, I don't think any situation with a man having an unnatural attachment to his stick is ever a good thing.

• Love 5

I'm expecting Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio to come back this season as Nick's mom now since Limitless was canceled last season. I think the only reason the writers killed off Kelly Burkhardt in season four was that they were bitter the actress was unavailable because she had joined another show.

They already gave Nick new Grimm books last season. Now if they reveal his mom never died this season and have Juliette buy Nick a new trailer and they'll expect the audience to completely forgive Juliette.

Bud should be safe, killing him now would be pointless.

Edited by icewolf
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ShadowFacts said:

One of the spoilers mentioned there will be callbacks that viewers will like, I wonder if that will involve characters like the medical examiner, or wesen like the bear family, etc.   It could actually be well-done, fingers crossed. 

I would love to see a re-appearance by Holly Clark (the blutbad girl living in the woods that Monroe was going to mentor and then she was totally dropped....)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, icewolf said:

I'm expecting Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio to come back this season as Nick's mom now since Limitless was canceled last season. I think the only reason the writers kill off Kelly Burkhardt in season four was that they were bitter the actress was unavailable because she had joined another show.

They already gave Nick new Grimm books last season. Now if they reveal his mom never died this season and have Juliette buy Nick a new trailer and they'll expect the audience to completely forgive Juliette.

Bud should be safe, killing him now would be pointless.

If this happens, you can bet that we will see flashbacks of Juliette and Kelly meeting secretly to con the Royal's into thinking she died.  RME.  It still will NOT fly in my book.  I always hate when a show goes too far with their writing, retcon their own story and treat fans like we're dumb.  Nope, not this chick!

• Love 2

http://tvline.com/2016/12/29/grimm-final-season-6-spoilers-rosalee-baby/

As teased in TVLine’s Winter Preview, a new enemy will show up about halfway through the season.

Umm... what? So new enemy shows up in the middle of the final season and presumably gets beaten in 6 episodes? That sounds like bad planning by the writers.

Edited by icewolf
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, icewolf said:

Umm... what? So new enemy shows up in the middle of the final season and presumably gets beaten in 6 episodes? That sounds like bad planning by the writers.

Sigh.  We should have tweeted the writers our list of over 100 plot holes that they should have resolved and not create a bigger mess with another evil enemy!  Boring.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, icewolf said:

That's assuming there was actual planning beyond the premise/1st season and not just winging it for most of the series

• Love 4

I'm really glad I decided to make like this show didn't exist during the off-season. It looks like it's tilted even further into soap opera territory this season. Puke indeed.  

Is it even possible to watch it free online? My TV blew up months ago and I can't be bothered with hulu for a handful of mediocre shows and also star trek,  I can get that much from CBS much cheaper. 

2 hours ago, Lii said:

I'm really glad I decided to make like this show didn't exist during the off-season. It looks like it's tilted even further into soap opera territory this season. Puke indeed.  

Is it even possible to watch it free online? My TV blew up months ago and I can't be bothered with hulu for a handful of mediocre shows and also star trek,  I can get that much from CBS much cheaper. 

NBC posts the episodes the next day and you can watch from your laptop or pc.

12 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

If anyone is obsessed by the stick, it should be Monroe. He IS a canid and we know how much dogs love sticks.

But he is a wolf; do wolves like sticks (and play fetch) as much as dogs?

Just checked out the promo for 0602* and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CAN THEY PLEASE QUIT IT WITH THE POLYJUICE POTION!

(*not sure this actually happens in that episode...it was a "this season on Grimm thing....)

Seriously, this only sort of worked the first time they tried it...after that, it did.not.work.  And they just won't give it up.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, OtterMommy said:

Just checked out the promo for 0602* and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CAN THEY PLEASE QUIT IT WITH THE POLYJUICE POTION!

(*not sure this actually happens in that episode...it was a "this season on Grimm thing....)

Seriously, this only sort of worked the first time they tried it...after that, it did.not.work.  And they just won't give it up.

The promo was stupid, AF!  Why would a Grimm turn himself into a Zauberbiest?  I give up.  NBC was right to cancel Grimm where the writers clearly have no clue on how to write a fairy tale show.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, OtterMommy said:

It ended up being pointless since that got retconned, so yeah, this 'showdown' is a complete joke.

• Love 1
On January 4, 2017 at 9:22 AM, Darklazr said:

Rosalie is head and shoulders above all of the women on the show, and she gets my vote as heroine along with her hero husband!

Preach. Rosalee is a badass character that has layers, can bring the funny, is fierce, and knowledgable and proactive and has heart. And is played by a great actress. She easily could be the lead of her own Monrosalee spinoff.

Just checked out the promo for 0602* and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CAN THEY PLEASE QUIT IT WITH THE POLYJUICE POTION

I'll allow it just so I can see shirtless, ripped David Giuntoli writhing around a bit. Nick's never gotten enough scenes for ogling. 

But they seriously do need to burn that damn hat.

• Love 1

I just saw the preview for this season at the end of the first episode & boy, does this look stupid. Nick uses the hat to turn into Renard? Who came up with that ridiculous idea? 

• Love 1

Nick turning himself into Renard makes perfect sense to me. Renard is Police Captain and soon to be Mayor. He's also single handedly leading the charge to frame Nick and have the police kill him to get him out of the way. 

By pretending to be Renard, Nick could discredit the investigation, discredit Renard, etc. Hell Hank and Wu know that Renard's girlfriend is dead and his fingerprints are all over crime scene. Have Nick pretend to be Renard, confess to the murder, escape custody (with help from Hank/Wu) then have the police go after Renard. Thus eliminating him from 2 positions of power (cop/mayor) putting him on the run AND if this were the series finale have Nick kill Renard.

Now, I doubt we'll get the last one but, the first two could be interesting as it would take all of the mythology off the legitimate radar and move everything into the Wesson world

9 hours ago, GaT said:

I just saw the preview for this season at the end of the first episode & boy, does this look stupid. Nick uses the hat to turn into Renard? Who came up with that ridiculous idea? 

The same people who turned Adalind into Juliette, Juliette into Adalind, and Eve/Juliette into Renard.  I'm not saying it's not stupid--because it really, really, really is incredibly stupid.

But it IS predictable.

• Love 1

So we get another "showdown" with Renard and Nick? Oh. Joy. we already got one of those several seasons ago,,,in a forest...and it was cool. This time it looks like we get Sasha vs Sasha in that scene? I HOPE that it is not the Big Finale. That would be completely disappointing. (Though based on David's obvious dissatisfaction as of late, could it be possible that the writers were just doing a big "screw you" by removing him from acting out the Finale?)

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, neuromom said:

So we get another "showdown" with Renard and Nick? Oh. Joy. we already got one of those several seasons ago,,,in a forest...and it was cool. This time it looks like we get Sasha vs Sasha in that scene? I HOPE that it is not the Big Finale. That would be completely disappointing. (Though based on David's obvious dissatisfaction as of late, could it be possible that the writers were just doing a big "screw you" by removing him from acting out the Finale?)

It can't be the big finale as they are filming the finale right now.  My guess is that Renard on Renard fight happens in the 3rd episode.  That's the one DG is directing and an easy way to lighten his acting load so that he can direct is to let someone else play his role.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, OtterMommy said:

It can't be the big finale as they are filming the finale right now.  My guess is that Renard on Renard fight happens in the 3rd episode.  That's the one DG is directing and an easy way to lighten his acting load so that he can direct is to let someone else play his role.

Oh yea! That's right! Thanks for reminding me about the filming schedule. And I did NOT know about David directing that ep. Makes sense from that angle then. And giving the workload to one of the strongest actors is good.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Nick turning himself into Renard makes perfect sense to me. Renard is Police Captain and soon to be Mayor. He's also single handedly leading the charge to frame Nick and have the police kill him to get him out of the way. 

By pretending to be Renard, Nick could discredit the investigation, discredit Renard, etc. Hell Hank and Wu know that Renard's girlfriend is dead and his fingerprints are all over crime scene. Have Nick pretend to be Renard, confess to the murder, escape custody (with help from Hank/Wu) then have the police go after Renard. Thus eliminating him from 2 positions of power (cop/mayor) putting him on the run AND if this were the series finale have Nick kill Renard.

Now, I doubt we'll get the last one but, the first two could be interesting as it would take all of the mythology off the legitimate radar and move everything into the Wesson world

Why would a Grimm turn himself into a zauberbiest after all of the crap that Juliette did as a hexenbiest?  Now, if Adalind was the one helping with the transformation and made sure that there were no issues with Nick afterwards, maybe I could get on board.  Maybe!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Darklazr said:

Why would a Grimm turn himself into a zauberbiest after all of the crap that Juliette did as a hexenbiest?  Now, if Adalind was the one helping with the transformation and made sure that there were no issues with Nick afterwards, maybe I could get on board.  Maybe!

Agreed, that and suddenly turning Renard into the Big Bad and then the writers lack of actual build up to the confrontation.

2 hours ago, Free said:

Agreed, that and suddenly turning Renard into the Big Bad and then the writers lack of actual build up to the confrontation.

Nick and the gang know that BC kidnapped Diana away from HW and was holding the girl hostage, so that they could force Renard and Adalind to join their cause.  Renard finally told Rachel he would join BC, but that was AFTER JulietteEve smoked the hat and he saw Diana.  I have no idea where Renard vs Nick came from!  There was no buildup to the story or previous hatred between the two men.  Talk about throwing shit at the wall and hoping something sticks!

• Love 3

I was thinking about a possible series finale move based on what they setup in the premiere.

Renard dies, either full evil, killed by Nick or he has a change of heart and sacrifices himself to save Portland.

Monroe/Rosaliee - Get a reasonable happily ever after.

Trubel - Goes off to another town and continues being Grimm. 

Hank/Wu stay on the force, dealing with Wesson stuff.

Juliette/Eve - Lives but with nothing tying her to Portland she goes Walkabout.

Adiland - Lives but has to sacrifice/kill Diana. In the end she raises Kelly and gets a semi HEA

Nick - Dies or has to fake his death and leaves town. Personally I think I like the idea of Nick dying over faking his death but, I don't see an out for either Nick or Renard at this point.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Darklazr said:

Nick and the gang know that BC kidnapped Diana away from HW and was holding the girl hostage, so that they could force Renard and Adalind to join their cause.  Renard finally told Rachel he would join BC, but that was AFTER JulietteEve smoked the hat and he saw Diana.  I have no idea where Renard vs Nick came from!  There was no buildup to the story or previous hatred between the two men.  Talk about throwing shit at the wall and hoping something sticks!

And that's why it doesn't work, it's a contrived showdown with no prior build up, made up on the spot to drag it out for another 13 episodes before it finally ends.

• Love 1
On 1/3/2017 at 10:16 AM, TobinAlbers said:

A Question I Sent in to Ask Ausiello from 12/20 was answered:

Question: Any hope of Grimm‘s resurrecting Meisner and he and Adalind living happily ever after? —Nicole
Ausiello: Hmm, what to say, given what I know? How about this? The answer to your two-part question is no and yes — not necessarily in that order — and that things will become clearer in the first few episodes of the season.

Given since it sounds like Meisner's spirit is still hanging around and hanging with Renard, this confirms my hunch (based of what we've seen from filming) that Adalind goes back to Renard....which I think is probably the best thing the show could do at this point.  Adalind was far more interesting evil than she was as a stepford wife and, unlike pretty much everything else in this show, it actually makes some sort of sense.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, OtterMommy said:

Given since it sounds like Meisner's spirit is still hanging around and hanging with Renard, this confirms my hunch (based of what we've seen from filming) that Adalind goes back to Renard....which I think is probably the best thing the show could do at this point.  Adalind was far more interesting evil than she was as a stepford wife and, unlike pretty much everything else in this show, it actually makes some sort of sense.

Adalind went downhill the moment she lost her powers and ended up with a terrible baby plot and it all ended up nowhere, the writers could've done this off screen instead of dragging her storylines out like this.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Free said:

And that's why it doesn't work, it's a contrived showdown with no prior build up, made up on the spot to drag it out for another 13 episodes before it finally ends.

I would have rather seen the show concentrate on knocking out over 100 plus plot holes!

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Free said:

Adalind went downhill the moment she lost her powers and ended up with a terrible baby plot and it all ended up nowhere, the writers could've done this off screen instead of dragging her storylines out like this.

I didn't mind initially Adalind losing her powers nor the baby plot because it had a fairy tale tie in of a witch making a devil's deal to trade her baby for power and then had her unexpectedly love her child and want to keep it. The true end to that story should've been that after Adalind decides to keep and love her baby that Diana rapid ages up to a teen and kills Adalind b/c Diana is just truly evil or Adalind dies protecting Diana from the Royales/Black Claw leaving teen Diana spiraling and vulnerable and not a fan of TeamGrimm who she blames partly for mom's death. She's then taken in by Mama Renard who wants to turn her into a weapon for power (and who has to eventually be overthrown) and in the end is finally reunited with Meisner who takes her in as his own and they leave town for a 'normal life' or she becomes what they eventually made Eve to be where she's in active kill mode against Black Claw. In any case there both off screen.

It was Adalind in the dungeon and the second baby that was too much for me. That really showed they had no idea what to do with her when they had her cooling her heels like that.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

I didn't mind initially Adalind losing her powers nor the baby plot because it had a fairy tale tie in of a witch making a devil's deal to trade her baby for power and then had her unexpectedly love her child and want to keep it. The true end to that story should've been that after Adalind decides to keep and love her baby that Diana rapid ages up to a teen and kills Adalind b/c Diana is just truly evil or Adalind dies protecting Diana from the Royales/Black Claw leaving teen Diana spiraling and vulnerable and not a fan of TeamGrimm who she blames partly for mom's death. She's then taken in by Mama Renard who wants to turn her into a weapon for power (and who has to eventually be overthrown) and in the end is finally reunited with Meisner who takes her in as his own and they leave town for a 'normal life' or she becomes what they eventually made Eve to be where she's in active kill mode against Black Claw. In any case there both off screen.

It was Adalind in the dungeon and the second baby that was too much for me. That really showed they had no idea what to do with her when they had her cooling her heels like that.

I had no problem with Adalind falling in love with her baby, but drew the line with her regaining her powers and the baby surviving.   Diana's death should have occurred just as Momma Grimm was about to leave town.  Diana's death would have been a fitting to end to what Adalind did to that baby while she was pregnant with that nasty bloody goop!  

Edited by Darklazr
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

I think my main problem was where the storyline seemed to be going and seeing how it ended up, I could already see the early warning signs of the show.

• Love 2

After finally watching the ep last night, my new dead or alive list is:

Dead: Renard, Adalind, Juliette
"Leaning" Dead: Diana, Hank or Wu

Alive: Rosalee, Monroe, Nick, Kelly

Up in the air: Trubel, Hank or Wu, Bud

I do think that Nick will kill Renard and possibly Adalind (although I could also see someone else killing her), but then Juliette will sacrifice her lily-white pure soul to pull Nick back from the afterlife.  I still believe that Hank or Wu (possibly both) will die at some point, but I think that Monroe and Rosalee (and their baby/babies) will make it to the end, as will single-dad Nick with Kelly.

I have a feeling that they might just kill Diana, only because she's too powerful to survive a season-ending.  I don't know about Trubel--and, honestly, don't care.  Bud, I think, is just going to disappear off the show after the second episode, never to be acknowledged again.

• Love 1

Another little spoiler:

Claire Coffee recently posted this on IG:

This was during the filming of the final episode and that harness is very similar to the one Elizabeth Tulloch wore when they filmed the death grip scene in front of a green screen.

So, I'm guessing that this also suggests the ultimate death of Renard (not being to save himself with...someone's...pure soul).

• Love 3

Another little spoiler:

Claire Coffee recently posted this on IG:

This was during the filming of the final episode and that harness is very similar to the one Elizabeth Tulloch wore when they filmed the death grip scene in front of a green screen.

So, I'm guessing that this also suggests the ultimate death of Renard (not being to save himself with...someone's...pure soul).

Maybe his ultimate "transformation" is that he sacrifices himself ? To save someone else? Or to just atone for his own sins? Kinda reminds me of OUAT and the Gold character , who killed his father -and himself- in a mid season cliffhanger. (But then they brought him back from the dead and made him evil again, so I stopped watching)

• Love 1

From the 6.01 thread:

But... I just looked at the preview for next week - they let Rosalee and Monroe watch Diana, and already are having a Renard vs. Nick=Renard showdown, which suggest that they're going to settle the season's primary conflict in the second episode. I sort of like that they're doing another transfiguration potion thing with Sasha Roiz because he is a good enough actor to carry it off well.

The preview was for this season, not for the next week.  What you've described above will happen in 6.03.  6.02 sounds like it will be more of the same that we saw in 6.02.

6 hours ago, OtterMommy said:

After finally watching the ep last night, my new dead or alive list is:

Dead: Renard, Adalind, Juliette
"Leaning" Dead: Diana, Hank or Wu

Alive: Rosalee, Monroe, Nick, Kelly

Up in the air: Trubel, Hank or Wu, Bud

I do think that Nick will kill Renard and possibly Adalind (although I could also see someone else killing her), but then Juliette will sacrifice her lily-white pure soul to pull Nick back from the afterlife.  I still believe that Hank or Wu (possibly both) will die at some point, but I think that Monroe and Rosalee (and their baby/babies) will make it to the end, as will single-dad Nick with Kelly.

I have a feeling that they might just kill Diana, only because she's too powerful to survive a season-ending.  I don't know about Trubel--and, honestly, don't care.  Bud, I think, is just going to disappear off the show after the second episode, never to be acknowledged again.

I'm now back to wondering if Renard is really the villain now, or if he is in a bigger game and will end up heroic.  I think Nick will survive, he is the Grimm, maybe he will have to go underground like his mother, or on the move like Aunt Marie.  I don't think they will kill a child so here's a wild idea for Diana:  Trubel takes her and helps her use her powers for good, since she understands all the childhood/teen angst so well.  Or she goes with Renard if he survives.  I'm inclined to agree with you that both Adalind and Juliette might go, sacrificially or otherwise.  Someone we care about probably will die, I'm guessing Hank or Wu.  Bud's got a wife and kids, so maybe one of the single men. 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, ShadowFacts said:

I'm now back to wondering if Renard is really the villain now, or if he is in a bigger game and will end up heroic.  I think Nick will survive, he is the Grimm, maybe he will have to go underground like his mother, or on the move like Aunt Marie.  I don't think they will kill a child so here's a wild idea for Diana:  Trubel takes her and helps her use her powers for good, since she understands all the childhood/teen angst so well.  Or she goes with Renard if he survives.  I'm inclined to agree with you that both Adalind and Juliette might go, sacrificially or otherwise.  Someone we care about probably will die, I'm guessing Hank or Wu.  Bud's got a wife and kids, so maybe one of the single men. 

I've been reading some of the interviews with the cast and, when they did the interviews, none of them had read beyond the second to last episode.  I don't know when all the interviews were done, but I do know that the ones in the The Oregonian (which are par for the course) were done right before production broke for the holidays.  Now I doubt this is the case, but there is a part of me that thinks the creative team hasn't yet (or has *just*) decided who lives and dies.  I mean, that would be crazy irresponsible for professional show runners, but *waves hand at the television.*

So, I'm thinking I'm probably going to be changing my dead/alive list about 11-12 more times, provided I can force myself to finish out the season.

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, OtterMommy said:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/01/grimm-episode-604-el-cuegle-press.html

So...it sounds like Nick is out of hiding and back with the police force by episode 4?  Really?

More police unreality.  Well, at least the wesen of the week is back, which is fine with me.  I would like as much of that as possible before the end.  Eve wandering the tunnel wondering about her visions isn't scintillating. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Wow. I really didn't think that was possible. I actually thought the final season would abandon the WotW and Police stuff and go underground for a mythology only storyline.

Not enough material for them, they still have to stretch out to 13 episodes.