Type keyword(s) to search

Grimm Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

SimoneS

In light of the latest episode and what happened to Wu, I'm going to go with two possible guesses for the character who dies:

1) Wu, shot by Nick or Hank, when he turns into a wolf / lycanthrope and tries to attack them.

2) Hank, attacked by Wu after he transforms

No matter what, they said on the episode that the full moon would last three nights: night one was the night of the car crash, night two was the night they killed the lycanthrope, and night three is the night we see Wu having nightmares, unless we are supposed to think this also happened during night 2.  So, they can potentially drag this out for a few episodes until the full moon is supposed to rise again.

I got the impression when Wu gets to his apartment it is still Night 2.  He notices the scratch that he just got that night.  If he goes to the gang the next morning, they can restrain him in Nick's dungeon for the third night and have a month to work on a cure.  If people act as they usually do on tv, he's going to keep quiet and wolf out.  I hope neither Hank nor Wu dies, but it seems Wu is more expendable; Nick needs a detective sidekick in the know. 

I got the impression when Wu gets to his apartment it is still Night 2.  He notices the scratch that he just got that night.  If he goes to the gang the next morning, they can restrain him in Nick's dungeon for the third night and have a month to work on a cure.  If people act as they usually do on tv, he's going to keep quiet and wolf out.  I hope neither Hank nor Wu dies, but it seems Wu is more expendable; Nick needs a detective sidekick in the know. 

I do hope that Wu (and Hank) are not the ones to die. Personally, I do think that right now, Nick has the best support team: Hank, Renard, and Wu. Renard is his boss and also his police captain.  Hank is a detective and also his partner, Renard is the guy that is not only in the unknown about the Wesen world (and also a Wesen himself) but also the type of guy they can help sweep things under the rug, and Wu is a uniform- patrolling cop/doing more mundane work that can be one of the first to arrive at a scene,  and gather/look for info for Nick and Hank without anyone being too suspicious. All three of them are probably the reason why Nick's actions (like his zombification period) hasn't become a problem and also why Nick and Hank can "deal" with the unusual Wesen of the week characters that can't be fully explained, in a logical/none-magical/Wesen way. They are also probably why no one is complaining to the DOJ about the Portland PD brutality. 

So, killing off of one of Nick's cop supports is, IMO, a big mistake. Although, they did burn down the trailer and killed Kelly off, for sweeps. 

So, killing off of one of Nick's cop supports is, IMO, a big mistake. Although, they did burn down the trailer and killed Kelly off, for sweeps. 

I've had a feeling that the one who dies would be either Hank or Wu...however, this development (and I still have to watch it...I just got back from vacation today--and is it true that this ep is light on Nadalind?) makes me think that this might be an attempt to differentiate the two and neither of them die (which I would be okay with....).  I agree that to kill either of them would be a huge mistake for the show but, as you said, it's not like the creative team is a stranger to mistakes like this.

I'm still holding onto my belief (hope) that it is Adalind to go.  They've screwed that character up so much that I just don't know how they can make her relevant (I almost added "again," then I remembered that Adalind has never been relevant).  Also, I think that Claire Coffee has personal reasons as to why she might not want to be stuck in Portland, so we'll see.....

Yes, and she shut Hank down which was a shame at the time.  Hank and Wu really need their own love interests or least go out on a few dates!

Cool, I liked her.

Hank and Wu do need their own lives...although I'm not sure they both need love interests. I really just want to see what they do in their off time.  We got a little bit of that with Wu in the Aswang episode, but we've never really got it from Hank--other than he takes vacations with his ex-wives.

(edited)

Well she did bring up going back to work in one of the earlier episodes and Nick commented that it was too soon since she just had Kelly or something to that effect.

Yeah she hasn't done much except take care of Kelly....up until last week she has just been a neutered version of herself...

Edited by bluvelvet

From SpoilerTV:

"GRIMM"
"THE TAMING OF THE WU"

04/29/2016 (09:00PM - 10:00PM) (Friday) : BLACK CLAW CLOSES IN AS WU'S PRIMAL INSTINCTS TAKE CENTER STAGE - SHAUN TOUB, SHARON LEAL, DAMIEN PUCKLER AND JACQUELINE TOBONI GUEST STAR - Suffering from the bite he sustained, Sgt. Wu (Reggie Lee) becomes entangled in a surprising altercation that may land him in hot water. After meeting the mysterious Bonaparte (guest star Shaun Toub), Adalind (Claire Coffee) is faced with a difficult decision that could change her and Nick's (David Giuntoli) lives forever. Meanwhile, Hank (Russell Hornsby) gets even closer to Zuri (guest star Sharon Leal) and their relationship begins to take shape. Back at HW, Eve (Bitsie Tulloch) senses that a new force may jeopardize the entire operation. Silas Weir Mitchell, Sasha Roiz and Bree Turner also star

(edited)

From the media thread:

EXCLUSIVE: Fences is certainly swinging for the fences, bringing together one heck of a stage reunion for the feature film. Mykelti Williamson and Russell Hornsby are reprising their Broadway roles for Denzel Washington’s feature adaptation of August Wilson’s Pulitzer- and Tony-winning play.

So, when I first read this, I was bummed because I thought that it was a clear signal that Russel Hornsby was otherwise booked and therefore off Grimm (adios, Hank.  Too bad we're stuck with Adalind instead of her being the promised death)...then I noticed the dates.

It starts filming on April 22 and they are currently filming the last episode of Grimm of the season.  Fences will film for 40ish days, which is more than enough time for RH to get some family time in before coming back for season 6....if there is a season 6.  

Phew!  Adalind is still on the chopping block!  (Of course, so is Hank...and Wu...and, well, Nick, Renard, and Monroe.  And, depending on how you define her character, Juliette....)

ETA: Had to make some clarifications..I realized some of what I wrote made no freakin' sense.

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 1

I am happy for RH and a chance for him to work with Denzel Washington and Viola Davis!  Woo Hoo!

I talk so much about my distake for Juliette and Adalind that I rarely mention how much Hank and Wu are needed on this show.  Hank was Nick's detective partner from the start and then we added Nick and Monroe's friendship.

• Love 2

http://tvline.com/2016/04/12/greys-anatomy-season-12-callie-arizona-spoilers/

Not much of a spoiler, but just in case.

And, on another note...I came across an article on Chris Thile (Claire Coffee's husband) and his new job as host of A Prairie Home Companion.  In it, it says the show will stay based in St. Paul, MN but Thile will commute from Portland...which is one hell of a commute and made me think of 3 possibilities:

1 - Adalind might be up for some substantial stuff in season 6 (if so, I hope it is finally as Nick's nemesis)

2 - It might already be set that season 6 is the last season and CT and CC can do the long distance marriage thing if it is just for a year

3 - It's a lie to preempt any questions about Adalind's fate.

I'm hoping for #3 or even #1, if the parenthetical condition plays out.  What can I say, I still live in hope that this show will get its act together and we might get more seasons out of it.

Also, I grew up listening to A Prairie Home Companion but gave it up a couple of years ago because it had become the audio version of mothballs.  I did, however, listen to the episodes that Chris Thile has already guest hosted and it was a completely different show and far more entertaining than I ever remember PHC being.  Considering that it has survived 42 years with Garrison Keillor, it definitely has the potential to last many, many years with Thile--probably as long as he would like it to.

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 1

Eve is so powerful she looks at people and makes their head explode, yet she has to run around in wigs and shapeshift to get tactical info.  Haha.

I also read the bit about Claire's husband staying in Portland.  We're stuck with Adalind.  I can't see him lying in an interview about his plans just to keep Grimm fans in the dark.  However I might be naive.  I do hope her husband injects new life into his show because you're right, stale. 

• Love 1

Oh my, in profile that little girl looks an awful lot like Adalind.  Daddy Sean looks attentive.  Is it happy family time, and bye-bye Nick? 

One can only hope!!!!!

Interesting to note that these pictures are from 519 and 517 airs tonight, which means that they have yet to release anything from 518.  Either they are doing last minute editing or something big is going down next week.

Edited by OtterMommy

http://www.tvguide.com/special/finale-preview/spoilers/

"Spoilers" for the Season Finale

Diana has returned, but instead of having the family reunion Renard and Adalind had hoped for, their daughter will be used as a pivotal part of Black Claw's plan to take over the government. "[Diana] is still this source of tremendous power that we just don't know. She'll prove to be an asset moving forward," star Sasha Roiz says. Renard will also need Adalind's help to control Diana, which will put all of them in the center of the war between Black Claw and Hadrian's Wall, as Nick and the Scooby gang try to prevent a global wesen uprising.

This sounds unbelievably...uninteresting....

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this.

A guy who makes bad choices and who may very well be mentally unstable at this point is going to bring down a worldwide revolt with the help of:

1 - A guy who fixes clocks

2 - A former junkie who now sells herbs

3 - Hank

4 - A guy who may be becoming a werewolf

and possibly

5 - a former juvenile delinquent who has a record not only in the penal system, but also in the mental health system

6 - an ambiguous European guy

7 - bad decision boy's former girlfriend who morphs into a corpse and wears the wigs o' many colors

and, hopefully,

8 - a refrigerator repair man 

Oh, and they are bringing down this worldwide revolt in the epicenter of all international intrigue--Portland, Oregon.

Sigh...this show....I was hoping that the finale would be promising enough for me to turn back in, but I'm thinking not....

• Love 2

The show is called Grimm and not freaking Eve, Meisner, Trubel and Diana!  I guess Nick must be getting a pedicure or having his privates waxed!

Sigh...I so agree.  Nick is completely lost in this show now.  He's ineffective, he's an asshole, and he's completely outside the current story line.  

• Love 1

Bud has been totally MIA.  Maybe he will become pivotal in the fight against the wesen uprising, because why not?  Nothing else is coalescing.  What the hell, maybe the eisbiebers have some answers about the magic stick, being that beavers love to build dams. 

• Love 4

Sigh...I so agree.  Nick is completely lost in this show now.  He's ineffective, he's an asshole, and he's completely outside the current story line.  

Nick is wallpaper and maybe that is why DG seems so grumpy?

Let's go back to s5, episode 1 and this time Hank, Wu, Renard, and Monroe all tag along with Nick and Agent Chavez.  Now we have more muscle to take out or capture some of the BC gang and find out what's really going on.  Adalind and the baby DIE.  Nick and his team are given the full run down on BC from Chavez and Meisner.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this.

A guy who makes bad choices and who may very well be mentally unstable at this point is going to bring down a worldwide revolt with the help of:

1 - A guy who fixes clocks

2 - A former junkie who now sells herbs

3 - Hank

4 - A guy who may be becoming a werewolf

and possibly

5 - a former juvenile delinquent who has a record not only in the penal system, but also in the mental health system

6 - an ambiguous European guy

7 - bad decision boy's former girlfriend who morphs into a corpse and wears the wigs o' many colors

and, hopefully,

8 - a refrigerator repair man 

Oh, and they are bringing down this worldwide revolt in the epicenter of all international intrigue--Portland, Oregon.

Sigh...this show....I was hoping that the finale would be promising enough for me to turn back in, but I'm thinking not....

I love this post!

The show's priority seems to be Eve, Diana, Meisner, Truble, Renard, Rachel, Adalind, and maybe Nick if he eats his lunch quickly and does not use the bathroom.  Ugh.  At first we saw way too much of Eve, Meisner and Trubel and now we're moving on to a kid that should have died back in s3!

The show's priority seems to be Eve, Diana, Meisner, Truble, Renard, Rachel, Adalind, and maybe Nick if he eats his lunch quickly and does not use the bathroom.  Ugh.  At first we saw way too much of Eve, Meisner and Trubel and now we're moving on to a kid that should have died back in s3!

Actually, I think the show's highest priority is Black Claw...which is also not good.  I mean, the show is called Grimm and there is a character, who is a Grimm...so shouldn't the show be about his experience?  Just sayin'

But back to this "spoiler"...it seems to be all about Diana and Black Claw which makes me think there are two options

1 - It really is all about Diana and Black Claw, which I could not possibly care less about

-or-

2 - The spoiler is a bit of a diversion as to what is really going to happen, which I hope would be more centered on Nick.

When they were filming the season finale, Claire Coffee posted a picture of her holding up the call sheet, which she had blurred out and said that it had "giant spoilers" (https://www.instagram.com/p/BDWmdJRGyLc/?taken-by=clairecoffee).  The spoiler quoted above isn't, well, spoilery...which makes me think (hope) that it really isn't so Diana-centric.

Because, honestly, I was pretty much done with Diana when Adalind started rubbing the corpse goo on her stomach....

Actually, I think the show's highest priority is Black Claw...which is also not good.  I mean, the show is called Grimm and there is a character, who is a Grimm...so shouldn't the show be about his experience?  Just sayin'

But back to this "spoiler"...it seems to be all about Diana and Black Claw which makes me think there are two options

1 - It really is all about Diana and Black Claw, which I could not possibly care less about

-or-

2 - The spoiler is a bit of a diversion as to what is really going to happen, which I hope would be more centered on Nick.

When they were filming the season finale, Claire Coffee posted a picture of her holding up the call sheet, which she had blurred out and said that it had "giant spoilers" (https://www.instagram.com/p/BDWmdJRGyLc/?taken-by=clairecoffee).  The spoiler quoted above isn't, well, spoilery...which makes me think (hope) that it really isn't so Diana-centric.

Because, honestly, I was pretty much done with Diana when Adalind started rubbing the corpse goo on her stomach....

1) The Black Claw story revolves around Eve, Meisner, Trubel, Renard, Rachel and now Diana.  Nick is too busy with his WoW stories.

2) Adalind and her goo should have ended with her powers coming back and the child that she eventually came to love, died.

The first article won't let me quote, but they are also bemoaning what looks like a love triangle (which DG has already confirmed will happen).  Sigh...  

This show can't handle easy relationships...how badly are they going to fuck up a love triangle (and I speak as someone who, at least when it comes to books, does not hate love triangles)?

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 1

I want what this guy's been smokin' for 5 years.

I thought the exact same thing,  I mean, I don't watch a lot of shows, but of the ones I watch, no show handles female characters worse than Grimm does.

So , Wu is going to "wolf out" or something? Interesting. Seeing as tomorrow (Friday) is the full moon (for real). I was thinking that it was cool for the show runners/writers to plan it this way, except I think I may be giving them too much credit,

So , Wu is going to "wolf out" or something? Interesting. Seeing as tomorrow (Friday) is the full moon (for real). I was thinking that it was cool for the show runners/writers to plan it this way, except I think I may be giving them too much credit,

Sadly, you are giving them too much credit.  This episode was originally going to air last week, but the return from hiatus was pushed back a week by the network.

• Love 1

Okay, I'm calling it...Hank is the fatality this season.  They've finally given him something to do, which means he's probably on his way out.  (Still hoping I'm wrong and it's Adalind.....)

These "shocking" main characters deaths end up never happening, and become a huge waste of time. I think by the third time (Nick, Renard, Juliette) all of us should have learned by now that all the main cast are completely safe, and the writers don't have the balls to go through with the deaths.

Edited by icewolf
  • Love 1

These "shocking" main characters deaths end up never happening, and become a huge waste of time. I think by the third time (Nick, Renard, Juliette) all of us should have learned by now that all the main cast are completely safe, and the writers don't have the balls to go through with the deaths.

So true! Yet, if the "writing is on the (Hadrian's) wall" so to speak, (that s6 is the last) ,maybe the writers will actually make a bold move and make a death stick. Nick would be safe because he's the title character. Eve is safe because she's the writers' favorite. Renard, though not always a productive character, is nice to look at, and Sasha can act. And Monroe and Rosalie are safe because if either of them dies, Portland would descend into chaos and anarchy - those two being total fan favorites.

That leaves Hank, Wu and Adalind's..all of whom are currently in storyline so that could realistically end in a death. And after having analyzed all that, I realized I don't think I really care that much anymore.

• Love 1

That leaves Hank, Wu and Adalind's..all of whom are currently in storyline so that could realistically end in a death. And after having analyzed all that, I realized I don't think I really care that much anymore.

I imagine either Rosalee or the magic stick will cure Wu, so between Adalind and Hank, I would care if Hank is the dead man walking.  He's my favorite, and it would be just a momentary bump in the road for emotion-free Nick.  The rest of them would have a pained expression or two, and then on with the next wesen encounter. 

Edited by ShadowFacts

I imagine either Rosalee or the magic stick will cure Wu, so between Adalind and Hank, I would care if Hank is the dead man walking.  He's my favorite, and it would be just a momentary bump in the road for emotion-free Nick.  The rest of them would have a pained expression or two, and then on with the next wesen encounter. 

Which means, of course, Hank will be the one to go...

(But, as was said, death is a temporary status on this show).

Okay, I'm calling it...Hank is the fatality this season. They've finally given him something to do, which means he's probably on his way out. (Still hoping I'm wrong and it's Adalind.....)

I had no idea there was some huge death for the season finale (haven't been following spoilers). However, watching this week's episode, I got a really bad vibe during the dinner scene that Hank was going to die. I can't exactly pinpoint what set me off but, I just remember thinking oh, no are they going to kill Hank? Edited by Morrigan2575

So true! Yet, if the "writing is on the (Hadrian's) wall" so to speak, (that s6 is the last) ,maybe the writers will actually make a bold move and make a death stick. Nick would be safe because he's the title character. Eve is safe because she's the writers' favorite. Renard, though not always a productive character, is nice to look at, and Sasha can act. And Monroe and Rosalie are safe because if either of them dies, Portland would descend into chaos and anarchy - those two being total fan favorites.

Could the death be Teresa or Meisner? 

I had no idea there was some huge death for the season finale (haven't been following spoilers). However, watching this week's episode, I got a really bad vibe during the dinner scene that Hank was going to die. I can't exactly pinpoint what set me off but, I just remember thinking oh, no are they going to kill Hank?

I'm not sure it is going to be in the finale, but DG said a few months ago that a character who had been there from the first episode would be dead by the end of the season.  

If it is indeed a character from the first episode, the options are:

Nick

Hank

Monroe

Renard

Adalind

Wu

Franco (not that we ever see Franco, but I can totally see this show try to build up this spoiler and then kill this guy....)

Juliette ?***

Unless they do the undead thing (sigh....AGAIN), Nick is safe.  Nick may be wallpaper this season, but he's still the main character.  Monroe (and Rosalee--although she wasn't there from the first episode), I'm sure, are safe.  I can't believe that the creators of this show are stupid enough to think that people would stick around if they killed one of them.  

I also think Renard is safe, but they did say last year that they're going to shoot him at the end of every season.  That makes me think that he'll survive whatever--plus, they've already killed him once.

Juliette I don't think is a possibility because the show can't even decide if she still exists or if Eve really is a new character.  Plus, I can't see them going through all the trouble of "killing" her last year only to do it again this year.

That leaves Hank, Wu, and and Adalind.  I really think that Wu is safe because this werewolf thing happened early enough in the season that they can deal with it.  It also seems like a decoy from what is really going to happen.  Again, I would hope for Adalind, but they seem so damned and determined to keep her that I doubt it.  That, of course, leaves Hank.  If Zuri is, indeed, a Black Claw agent, they are setting him up right in time for him to bite it at the end of the season.

Edited by OtterMommy
Nick is wallpaper and maybe that is why DG seems so grumpy?

I think that wallpaper is the best that Giuntoli can do. 

It's weird because a bastard prince fled to Portland to hide. 

If I lived in Fake Portland, I don't know if I should be insulted or flattered.  Fake Portland is the epicenter of everything (with its VooDoo doughnuts).  But it's the biggest mess of a city.

• Love 1
I thought the exact same thing,  I mean, I don't watch a lot of shows, but of the ones I watch, no show handles female characters worse than Grimm does.

I agree. They don't exactly do a stellar job with the males either ( I'm looking at you Renard).

• Love 1

Yes...and you are supposed to forget about it, too.  

THAT is how this show works....

I want the characters to mention it. Two lines could easily address that issue, and resolve that plot.

Monroe: "Dude, what happened to your zombie powers?"

Nick: "When I lost my Grimm powers, I also lost my Zombie powers. After I got my Grimm powers back, those Zombie powers never returned."

Done. The only reason I wanted this was because the writers themselves made the zombie thing such a big deal, then completely forgot about it or found that the zombie thing was too hard to write for so they decided to ignore it.

Edited by icewolf
  • Love 1

I want the characters to mention it. Two lines could easily address that issue, and resolve that plot.

Monroe: "Dude, what happened to your zombie powers?"

Nick: "When I lost my Grimm powers, I also lost my Zombie powers. After I got my Grimm powers back, those Zombie powers never returned."

Done. The only reason I wanted this was because the writers themselves made the zombie thing such a big deal, then completely forgot about it or found that the zombie thing was too hard to write for so they decided to ignore it.

It's amazing how many plot holes in this show could be explained with 2-3 lines of dialogue....

• Love 2