Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E06: Dance Intervention

ElectricBoogaloo
  • Start Topic

1) Camera was SO choppy during cameos. Zooming side to side. I do wish it was a little longer. It felt so rushed and we didn't get to see as many comments

2) Allie definitely looks more lean than uniform fittings. She still looks AMAZING at uniform fittings and so fit but she looks a little leaner, kudos to her for working so hard!!

3) I really enjoyed Yukos segment. You can tell that this visa mess really is just getting to her head and stressing her out. Her dancing was really great though. So cute and poppy!!!

4) I still don't understand why Cersten was the only one in that one hip hop group for show group auditions

5) ugh I just love Holly. Period. She grabs my attention and I only watch her. She's just so good. 

• Love 7

I know Jinelle was nervous but I can't believe for a moment Kelli & Judy considered not putting her back on Show Group...

Does everyone have to try out for show group?

I loved the hip hop routine.

I think Melissa Rycroft has gotten better with the whole "showmanship mentor" routine but my God she still grates on me. I just remember her as such a lackluster DCC; I really wish they'd given this role to some other retired DCC.

I like Amy, I think she's gorgeous but wow, she seems to make mistakes in every single routine.

• Love 3

I loved this episode! Show group auditions were awesome, but I wanted to see more funny auditions like Kelsey Bond's singing and Loren's grand jete hahaha

bethany's eyes are scarier than Emily Roslyn's.  Emily looks absolutely stunning but I agree with Kitty.

they honesty need to get off of Allie's body shape.  3 yr veteran Melissa looked large and in charge (she can dance her rear off)

Yuko and Melissa rycroft's conversation was endearing but honestly it was because Jinelle is amazing!!! I loved Jinelle's storyline in tonight's episode! 

Love Kitty night! Amy makes me cringe when she starts crying.  We get it! congrats to Kelli q, maggie, Mandy, and Madeline for making show group! 

Natalie!!!! She was my favorite old school DCC! I was sad she got cut in season 1 but happy she made it season 2!!! 

Edited by Josreason
  • Love 4

Cameos: I enjoyed all the 'looks' we DID get to see during cameos, except for Bethany and Celinda. I also noticed Allie's slim down but she does look boxy. She can't help it. Lol. I'm also straight up and down in the midsection so that 'one leg in front of the other' pose is my 'go-to' to put some curves in the mix. lol. Tasha looked beautiful with softer makeup. 

My heart broke for Yuko when she talked about being homesick and lonely  I just wanted to hug her. I'll begrudgingly admit that Melissa (and Jinelle's) visit seemed to help perk her up because she was back to her adorable and perky self after their talk.

Field Practice: Celinda looks like she's ahead of the beat a lot during the dances.  Kelsey still looks like she's marking the dances at times. On a side note, I was reminded of those dang bugs in Valley Ranch. I used to live around the corner from the old DC facility and remember those bugs at night. *shudders* LOL. Auto-Amy: as much as I love her, she has to clean up the memory mistakes. 

Show Group: Kelli Q and Madeline blew me away! So awesome! I enjoyed the judges... they made me chuckle quite a bit. Emily's audition made me giggle... bless her heart. So excited for the Show Group and I loved seeing that some of my faves Madeline, Kelli Q, Robin, Jinelle, Lacey, and Holly are on/back.

Kitty's Visit: I LIVE for Kitty! Her 'tight ass' comment cracked me up. I noticed how well Cersten took Kitty's critique during the down the floor activity and I was impressed by that. 

I don't know that I've ever seen only 1 person called into the office... I honestly can't recall. But I agree with the cut. Bethany has Emily beat with those "loud" eyes.

I'm not critiquing Kelly's attire and styling this week because it's like beating a dead horse at this point. 

54 minutes ago, Gabrielle Tracy said:

Natalie Wood's house looked really nice.  I swear every time we see someone's house it's big and well-appointed.  Is that how everyone lives in Dallas or something??? lol

LOL. Not everyone but we do get a lot of real estate for the money down here. I have a two bedroom (with 2 full master suites), three story townhouse and it's 2400 square feet. What I pay for it would get me a tiny one bedroom apt on the East coast. LOL

Ending by saying RIP to the great Suzanne Mitchell! They had a segment dedicated to her passing on the local NBC 5 news tonight and Kelli and Judy both cried. It was touching. 

Edited by Dalgal27
Spelling correction
  • Love 5

Was that Melissa doing those bad backhandsprings in the show group auditions?   Talk about horrible technique - eesh - undercutting, too deep a squat, ugh - the "deductions" go on and on ;), but the main idea is they just weren't pretty.  Bad technique w/ Madeline again too - so many placement issues w/ those turns and she was literally turning on her heel by the end.  Smh.

Melissa and Megan looked so heavy at the SG audition that I can't believe Kitty didn't speak up.  The double standard when it comes to those two is really starting to annoy me.  Jenn K. looked a bit soft/large in some shots, and so did Danielle, but the aren't as bad as Melissa and Megan.  Megan even looked heavy at cameos - it's such a joke how they made Chelsea and co. use last year's photos that one year and gave Megan and Melissa a pass this year.

Emily was cute when she said "man I screwed up, I hope they were looking at the other girls" during the lyrical SG combo - at least she knows lyrical isn't her thing unlike some other former TCCs ;).

Kelii looked beautiful in so many scenes in this episode.   I loved that blue top she wore to SG auditions.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Dopeydwarf said:

Who was the person who flubbed their back flip, and said "One more time", then did it again?  And does anyone have a list of who made show group?

I believe that was Kashara

5 minutes ago, Dopeydwarf said:

Who was the person who flubbed their back flip, and said "One more time", then did it again?  And does anyone have a list of who made show group?

Kashara! 

7 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Was that Melissa doing those bad backhandsprings in the show group auditions?   Talk about horrible technique - eesh - undercutting, too deep a squat, ugh - the "deductions" go on and on ;), but the main idea is they just weren't pretty.  

Yes it was Melissa. They probably told her to do something other than an 8 count 2nd turn or fouetté into a side assemble or high kick

25 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Do they ever do hip-hop dances at games? Or just their regular DCC-style?

Isn't that what the Rhythm and Blue are there for?

Why did they start doing show group auditions off site for the last 3 or 4 years? They used to do them at Valley ranch.

Edited by MrsEVH
6 hours ago, missmansfield said:

Does anyone know how many episodes there are this season?

6 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I think eight, but I am not sure.

I'm 99% sure that all the previous seasons have had 8 episodes. The only exception I remember was S7 (which had 11 episodes and included the swimsuit calendar shoot as well as the BCA halftime performance), so S11 will most likely have 8 episodes total.

3 hours ago, GeorgieNY said:

Do the TCCs who make show group automatically make the team? I've watched for many seasons, but never really got that. 

I think they're known as 'alternates' and they can still be cut! But obviously it's unlikely because they've shown/proved they're awesome.  

Edited by JC123
  • Love 2

Oh Kelli your outfit choices urg. especially that plum dress.

I love when Kitty comes in, it's always the comments that she says that get me. 

I lovee the hip hop show group routine. They need to keep going with that style. 

I know the girls have been under the gun for weight problems in the past( where we've thought they weren't heavy, and several of us complain, but now they appear to have a bit more weight, and we still complain. Maybe TPTB decided to loosen up a little.

And FWIW, I'm not a Holly fan.  Her shoulders are really broad.  

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Love it when Kelli makes fun of the girls for crap she told them to do. I vividly remember her directing the arm over the head thing and now she's goofing on them on camera for it because she just figured out how ridiculous it looks. Nice leadership.

Omg this. I was shaking my head because she's always directed them to do it as a pose and now all of a sudden she's not.

So I guess Kitty calling people out for weight was selectively edited out of this episode.

2 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Wait, what is this? Did she bust on people and they didn't show it?

Lauren was telling me that she called a few girls out, I think probably Kelsey told her. Kelsey responded to me yesterday telling her that I hope Kitty doesn't pick on her too much and she said she might. The only thing about Kelsey that Kitty said was that she wasn't that great.

@QuiteContraryMoni you crack me up ? I was wondering about the whole Natalie Woods thing too; kinda strange but maybe things like this happen more often than we know and we just don't see it. I could've sworn a few seasons back that a couple of rooks moved in with a vet or something to that effect. Yuko made me tear up in her segment! I cannot imagine being all alone in a foreign country, barely able to speak the language, not knowing anyone {except for acquaintances} much less be trying to make a professional cheerleading squad! Yeesh, no wonder she drinks beer at practice  (I'm kidding?)

Bethany's stare, goodness gracious, it is so distracting and that early jump split made me nervous just watching! I'm sure that's the final nail in her coffin⚰(not finished with the episode yet) And I love Amy, but her kicks were obviously very off from the rest of the gals. It probably is true if you have shorter legs in a kick line that you'd have to slow yours down some in order to keep tempo with the others and I can't imagine that would be easy AT ALL.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Wait, what is this? Did she bust on people and they didn't show it?

Yeah, Kelsey mentioned over the summer to me that Kitty's night was HARSH.  Kitty was calling out rookies AND vets for technique, etc. and alluded to weight critiques as well (though Kelsey wouldn't say who).  

Another insider also very specifically said that Kitty wrote HUGE on a pic of Megan that day (not in front of the girls, but yeah).  And Kitty loves Megan so...EEP.  I didn't have time to watch the episode before work this morning and I'm SO intrigued now to see how much they cut out from what actually happened. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, MissKrisPcola said:

@QuiteContraryMoni you crack me up ? I was wondering about the whole Natalie Woods thing too; kinda strange but maybe things like this happen more often than we know and we just don't see it. I could've sworn a few seasons back that a couple of rooks moved in with a vet or something to that effect. Yuko made me tear up in her segment! I cannot imagine being all alone in a foreign country, barely able to speak the language, not knowing anyone {except for acquaintances} much less be trying to make a professional cheerleading squad! Yeesh, no wonder she drinks beer at practice  (I'm kidding?)

I know Allie moved in with Holly so a rookie and a vet, but it's different if it's an older vet. Maybe she was sponsoring her for her visa?

Realistically, can/could Bethany do anything about her eyes?  I mean, that is what she looks like.  It's not her fault.  Stuff like that (calling her out/Emily, too) bugs me bc THIS IS HOW THEY WERE BORN!!!  Maybe Emily could tone down the eyeliner, but besides, that...you get it.

Same with Lindsay who was cut.  She's tall.  She's always going to be tall.  If you know you don't like tall girls, don't bring her into camp.

//end rant//

• Love 7

I'm the emoji queen @QuiteContraryMoni, I can hook you up with all your emoji needs ?? I'm campaigning hard for a mermaid emoji lol. 

And I don't know about Natalie, I bet a lot of the ladies stay involved with the organization in some capacity after their departure. Would make sense.

Kelsey looked BEAUTIMUS in her cameo, my word, she is just so stunning. And she seems like someone I'd like to hang out with IRL. Maggie too. I love her look and her whole package ? They've got some gorgeous girls this season!

Edited by MissKrisPcola
  • Love 2

Emily - dances, walks and kicks pigeon toed. My oh my....

Brennan- is it me, or is her makeup pretty tame (is she even wearing any?). She looks "pastel". ?

Auto Amy - well i guess she isn't "auto" anymore. Love her honesty and how she has evolved/matured. She used to look very 'round-the-way' girlish (to quote LL). Now she is much more polished and I am really loving the hair. BUT, the 'girls', aka 30Gs, are killing me in her rehearsal outfit ?  That's not cleavage, it's a valley of the damned! And what's up with her belly button? Gives me the willies. And lastly, she is a tad bit muscular, but I'm not sure how much she would be seen out of the official DCC uniform, so maybe it doesn't matter. ??

K - I think that even though she poses them that way, after a while, it not only gets redundant, but it also looks really awkward on people who are just trying to put their arm up there but aren't good at making it look pretty. 

As for Cersten's reaction to Kitty's comment, I actually thought she was a little snottyish (is that even a word?), kind of like saying "Yeah ok, I hear you, whatever". Just my perception. And I don't understand what Kitty meant by "This is not sparkle time, this is in the moment".  Did she mean don't perform it like it's a show (like Sparkle) but just feel the moves?

Well I think I've said enough. ?

Edited by exitstageleft
  • Love 2

The Amy/Allie talk was really awkward.   I actually liked Amy better in the exchange cause Ally seemed fake.  Also, neither of them have the figure of a DCC, but Amy is much more DCC in the face.

Spoiler

If it were up to me, I would have cut them both and kept Kyndall if I was K&J.  Not a fan of Allie at all - still can't believe they took her.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MissKrisPcola said:

Doesn't Natalie work for cmt production behind the scenes?  Maybe she's got some pull to help Yuko with her visa issues.

In the first MTT (2005) there were 2 rookies Melissa from NJ (aka Jersey girl) and Elizabeth who both moved in with vet Misty during TC.  Melissa made the team but Elizabeth got cut. It's probably a smarter thing to do ( if someone invites you) then renting an apartment or staying at a hotel while waiting to see if you make the team.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

YAAAY! I mean, I'm sorry that Bethany's heart's done been broke, but neither I nor my dogs will have to endure the constant jumping and yelling at close-ups. And far-aways.

At first, I thought you were joking about your dogs barking over Bethany, but my poor pug has started it too!  He also hates the intro music and the poms.  My blind pug doesn't care as much as her brother does.

• Love 5

Re: Yuko, I might actually feel bad about her delimma of feeling lonely and unsure of herself in a forgiegn country if --- it weren't all about making a scantily clothed pro-cheerleading team!  

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

Lauren was telling me that she called a few girls out, I think probably Kelsey told her. Kelsey responded to me yesterday telling her that I hope Kitty doesn't pick on her too much and she said she might. The only thing about Kelsey that Kitty said was that she wasn't that great.

It makes a lot more sense if she actually did call some of them out and it wasn't shown.   Like I can't believe Kitty, who's called out many past vets for much less, wouldn't tell Melissa and Megan they look heavy.   Jenn K. and Danielle need to tone up from what was shown last night as well.

• Love 3

Things that make you go hmmm...

So...Allie said at cameos that "they" had told her that she needed to lose weight previously. Who is "they". Other rookies? Her local Starbucks baristas? Disembodied voices? Her peanut butter and jelly sandwich? I joke. Obviously CMT cut a office visit where Allie, winner of the " fittest"  TC spa day, was told to lose weight because she naturally does not have the body that flatters the iconic uniform. 

Who was that Hello, Texas guy at SG tryouts? He seemed so pissed to be there. Was he being punished? He looked like he was SO OVER having to be there. For a second I thought he was going to take Neil McCoy out when Neil said he loved Kelli Quinn. And not out for dinner if you know what I mean. Yikes! I will take that the Access Hollywood guy over mad guy any day.

Kitty, Kitty, Kitty. Why did CMT declaw her? I watch for the episode when she tears into the TCC and leaves a few girls bleeding out on the floor. Half the girls usually walk around in dizzy circles after she bashes them with her truth stick. The revelation to a Rookie or 2, that if they want to make this team, it is time to push!  Where were the tears? Remember season 8 when she called out like 10 vets for fluffiness and they all broke down into ugly bawling while Chelsy's brain melted on camera and she snapped? I can't understand making Kitty boring. 

Hey Kelli, can you name "who" have noticed Amy S. in a good way? We saw Kasey Musgraves, yet again obviously, there were more. 

And who set up Yuko at the plush hotel del NatalieWoods? How did they not connect that dot?

I don't know why this episode was called dance intervention.  It should have been called where all the bodies are hidden. CMT editing is leaving out some crucial info. Good thing this board has insiders who help fill in some of the blanks. 

Rant over. 

Edited by TiaGrace
  • Love 13
8 minutes ago, TiaGrace said:

Things that make you go hmmm...

So...Allie said at cameos that "they" had told her that she needed to lose weight previously. Who is "they". Other rookies? Her local Starbucks baristas? Disembodied voices? Her peanut butter and jelly sandwich? I joke. Obviously CMT cut a office visit where Allie, winner of the " fittest"  TC spa day, was told to lose weight because she naturally does not have the body that flatters the iconic uniform. 

Who was that Hello, Texas guy at SG tryouts? He seemed so pissed to be there. Was he being punished? He looked like he was SO OVER having to be there. For a second I thought he was going to take Neil McCoy out when Neil said he loved Kelli Quinn. And not out for dinner if you know what I mean. Yikes! I will take that the Access Hollywood guy over mad guy any day.

Kitty, Kitty, Kitty. Why did CMT declaw her? I watch for the episode when she tears into the TCC and leaves a few girls bleeding out on the floor. Half the girls usually walk around in dizzy circles after she bashes them with her truth stick. The revelation to a Rookie or 2, that if they want to make this team, it is time to push!  Where were the tears? Remember season 8 when she called out like 10 vets for fluffiness and they all broke down into ugly bawling while Chelsy's brain melted on camera and she snapped? I can't understand making Kitty boring. 

Hey Kelli, can you name "who" have noticed Amy S. in a good way? We saw Kasey Musgraves, yet again obviously, there were more. 

And who set up Yuko at the plush hotel del NatalieWoods? How did they not connect that dot?

I don't know why this episode was called dance intervention.  It should have been called where all the bodies are hidden. CMT editing is leaving out some crucial info. Good thing this board has insiders who help fill in some of the blanks. 

Rant over. 

THIS. 

• Love 5

Sadly, I have to wait til tonight to watch the episode, but the postings here have me so intrigued!  I'm trying to imagine what went down with Allie and Amy.  If it's just a dance-off, I've seen them do that before, but aside from Kitty's prep class with Hannah, I think it's been a TCC with a vet.  I like Allie, maybe because she reminds me of Emma a little bit, who I loved.  She's not as pretty or glamorous as Emma, but she is looking more and more like a DCC to me as she gets more skilled with her hair and makeup--both of which needed real help at the start of camp.  As for who "they" are who told her to trim up, I'm pretty sure she got that message at uniform fittings.  

I'm positive that the heavier vets do get warnings, from Kelli as well as Kitty, but I figure that CMT is skirting the issue this season.  On the one hand, I think it's important to limit body shaming in the media, and I don't really want to see dancers being embarrassed publicly, especially for their bodies.  On the other hand, I do want the dirt and more insight into what goes on behind the scenes!  I've always wanted a glimpse of the notes the cheerleaders get after rehearsals and games.  Every DCC must get far more feedback than we see or know.  

Can't wait to see Show Group auditions! 

• Love 1

Once again, an episode where a production assistant with a stopwatch, “Okay, GO!!!”  Such a poorly edited episode.  

I made my comments on the wrong thread (episode discussion).

Happy Friday everyone!!!

Edited by PBSLover
3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I am patiently waiting to being able to download the episode on iTunes. *tapping fingers on computer desktop*

I couldn't wait so I just downloaded it off Amazon since I didn't buy the season pass.

Seriously frustrated with iTunes too!  This is the one show that gives me grief with them.  So glad to know that I can watch thru Amazon when I get home, which it looks like I'll have to do, but the viewing quality is so much better on iTunes. iTunes, why the DCC hate?  Ugh! ?

9 minutes ago, M1977G said:

Seriously frustrated with iTunes too!  This is the one show that gives me grief with them.  So glad to know that I can watch thru Amazon when I get home, which it looks like I'll have to do, but the viewing quality is so much better on iTunes. iTunes, why the DCC hate?  Ugh! ?

even Amazon was late this morning! it's usually up when I'm getting ready i n the morning but today it wasn't available till almost 8 am :-P 

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, M1977G said:

Seriously frustrated with iTunes too! 

I was about to kick iTunes this morning too.  Not about DCC (Which I can watch online) but about preordering a long awaited Olivia Newton-John CD (wouldn't come up under her name) *sorry for the derail mods*