Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E06: Dance Intervention

ElectricBoogaloo
  • Start Topic

Ugh, I was finally able to watch this episode and wrote an entire post last night and it never posted...I think my iPad is on its last legs.  Anyway....

15 hours ago, cgloss said:

Bethany was WONDERFUL during her cut interview. 

Kelli: How do you feel right now?

Bethany: I'm ready to discuss what's going on. How do you think I feel? I'm the only one being called into the office after you told everyone it was time to make tough decisions. I know you're going to cut me!!

OK, so I added the last bit, but I hate that Kelli always asks the girls that. How are they supposed to respond? Bethany basically told her to cut the crap and say what she had to say. I laughed. 

I love that you had the exact same thought I did about it. Now, I love what we see of Kelli (and Judy) on the show, and I'm reluctant to comment on how she runs her program. She does a fantastic job under a lot of scrutiny (from the Joneses, Cowboys' fans, DCC fans, MTT fans, dance fans, rival programs, etc). BUT, it drives me crazy when they ask things like this.  Out in the studio, Kelli says "We have to make a lot of cuts...it's going to be a slaughter...and tonight is the night we are going to do that...here's who I need to see in my office." I'm paraphrasing of course. ?. After 11 years, we know what's going to happen in that office. I wish Kelli was a little more direct about it, and she eventually gets around to it in the conversation but it always is so drawn out. Just say like it is: in a room of 45 you are #45 and there just isn't time to change that regardless of the underlying reason for their cut.  I feel like the cut/exit interviews used to be more direct and, even as a viewer, I appreciated that more. 

I also agree with the poster upthread who mentioned Kelli's comment about the girls feeling judged at the cameo shoot. Well...they ARE being judged at the cameo shoot. And honestly, I don't find anything wrong with that! I think K&J have to judge them pretty harshly in order to cut the team down. All of the TCCs are beautiful, accomplished dancers (ok, well most fit either of those categories and some fit both). Kelli says several times that she needs to separate the good from the great. Agreed!! I just wish K&J would say that literally everything the TCCs do from the moment finals is over to the moment they retire, they are being judged. Instead of trying to convince that girls that their office talk was just a girls rap-session. To me if the girl can't handle that pressure, then they shouldn't be there.  Because the judging never stops even when they are vets. (Sorry mini-rant over.)

I personally thought Bethany was beautiful, bug eyes and all.  I'd kill to have her body (not actually murder, but still).  Truthfully, I think she is profoundly more attractive than some of the remaining TCCs. And as a non-dancer, I couldn't even understand what Kitty was asking Bethany and Tess do during the infamous crab walk incident. 

Anyone else feel that Kitty's hilarious and acerbic wit has been castrated by editing? I usually so look forward to her scenes...and I was disappointed by what we saw in the studio scenes.  I did love her judging in the Show Group try-out and the office scenes with K&J, particularly the cut scene with Cerstan. Kelli and Kitty cracked me up. I could literally watch an entire hour of their interactions. Make that 2 hours. 

Im still not sold on Allie.  She seems sweet, but she doesn't look like a DCC to me. Then again, neither did Maddie last year and I think she looks great now.

• Love 5
On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 11:19 PM, Dalgal27 said:

Cameos: I enjoyed all the 'looks' we DID get to see during cameos, except for Bethany and Celinda. I also noticed Allie's slim down but she does look boxy. She can't help it. Lol. I'm also straight up and down in the midsection so that 'one leg in front of the other' pose is my 'go-to' to put some curves in the mix. lol. Tasha looked beautiful with softer makeup. 

My heart broke for Yuko when she talked about being homesick and lonely  I just wanted to hug her. I'll begrudgingly admit that Melissa (and Jinelle's) visit seemed to help perk her up because she was back to her adorable and perky self after their talk.

Field Practice: Celinda looks like she's ahead of the beat a lot during the dances.  Kelsey still looks like she's marking the dances at times. On a side note, I was reminded of those dang bugs in Valley Ranch. I used to live around the corner from the old DC facility and remember those bugs at night. *shudders* LOL. Auto-Amy: as much as I love her, she has to clean up the memory mistakes. 

Show Group: Kelli Q and Madeline blew me away! So awesome! I enjoyed the judges... they made me chuckle quite a bit. Emily's audition made me giggle... bless her heart. So excited for the Show Group and I loved seeing that some of my faves Madeline, Kelli Q, Robin, Jinelle, Lacey, and Holly are on/back.

Kitty's Visit: I LIVE for Kitty! Her 'tight ass' comment cracked me up. I noticed how well Cersten took Kitty's critique during the down the floor activity and I was impressed by that. 

I don't know that I've ever seen only 1 person called into the office... I honestly can't recall. But I agree with the cut. Bethany has Emily beat with those "loud" eyes.

I'm not critiquing Kelly's attire and styling this week because it's like beating a dead horse at this point. 

LOL. Not everyone but we do get a lot of real estate for the money down here. I have a two bedroom (with 2 full master suites), three story townhouse and it's 2400 square feet. What I pay for it would get me a tiny one bedroom apt on the East coast. LOL

Ending by saying RIP to the great Suzanne Mitchell! They had a segment dedicated to her passing on the local NBC 5 news tonight and Kelli and Judy both cried. It was touching. 

Not gonna lie but I'm hoping they stop focusing on Yuko and how lonely and homesick she is.  It's a bit much in terms of a sob story.  I get it's tough especially with language difficulties but she has an entire DCC community to help her (the candidates pool is like instant access to potential friends).  I felt bad for her the first time but now I'm rolling my eyes (a little).  Sorry.

Was Madeline that good of a dancer before ???  I don't recall she was a standout last year but maybe that's just cause I was slightly distracted by the goth-like look.  So much cuter, lighter and "cheerleader" this year!!

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 11:24 PM, MyFavShows said:

Was that Melissa doing those bad backhandsprings in the show group auditions?   Talk about horrible technique - eesh - undercutting, too deep a squat, ugh - the "deductions" go on and on ;), but the main idea is they just weren't pretty.  Bad technique w/ Madeline again too - so many placement issues w/ those turns and she was literally turning on her heel by the end.  Smh.

Melissa and Megan looked so heavy at the SG audition that I can't believe Kitty didn't speak up.  The double standard when it comes to those two is really starting to annoy me.  Jenn K. looked a bit soft/large in some shots, and so did Danielle, but the aren't as bad as Melissa and Megan.  Megan even looked heavy at cameos - it's such a joke how they made Chelsea and co. use last year's photos that one year and gave Megan and Melissa a pass this year.

Emily was cute when she said "man I screwed up, I hope they were looking at the other girls" during the lyrical SG combo - at least she knows lyrical isn't her thing unlike some other former TCCs ;).

Kelii looked beautiful in so many scenes in this episode.   I loved that blue top she wore to SG auditions.

Yeah I'm confused by Melissa and Megan as well ... and I love them!  Has anyone seen them now?  Do they look leaner / tighter?  It is super annoying though the double standards they put people through.

• Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 3:14 PM, M1977G said:

Sadly, I have to wait til tonight to watch the episode, but the postings here have me so intrigued!  I'm trying to imagine what went down with Allie and Amy.  If it's just a dance-off, I've seen them do that before, but aside from Kitty's prep class with Hannah, I think it's been a TCC with a vet.  I like Allie, maybe because she reminds me of Emma a little bit, who I loved.  She's not as pretty or glamorous as Emma, but she is looking more and more like a DCC to me as she gets more skilled with her hair and makeup--both of which needed real help at the start of camp.  As for who "they" are who told her to trim up, I'm pretty sure she got that message at uniform fittings.  

I'm positive that the heavier vets do get warnings, from Kelli as well as Kitty, but I figure that CMT is skirting the issue this season.  On the one hand, I think it's important to limit body shaming in the media, and I don't really want to see dancers being embarrassed publicly, especially for their bodies.  On the other hand, I do want the dirt and more insight into what goes on behind the scenes!  I've always wanted a glimpse of the notes the cheerleaders get after rehearsals and games.  Every DCC must get far more feedback than we see or know.  

Can't wait to see Show Group auditions! 

Yeah body shaming on national tv definitely isn't cool but I do wonder if it's more special treatment because it's Megan and Melissa cause they definitely haven't shy away from it in the past.  I just don't get the significant weight gain though ... it's not like they don't know that football season is coming and the uniforms are small. 

Someone mentioned it may be hormones that is causing the clear puffiness in Melissa and Megan.  I canNOT imagine that K,J, and K are just ignoring that.  I'm thinking something more is going on because as much as I LOVE Melissa, it is noticeable.  Actually, when they were doing that odd set of solos for KM last week, ALL of them looked so large I thought the CMT cameras were on an odd setting, making them look shorter and squatter perhaps.

I don't know what is wrong with me this year, but I cannot tell most of the rookies apart.  Last year that was the case with 2 or 3; this year, they all blend to me.  I cannot tell the difference between Brennan, Maggie?, Mandy .. and then there are some brunettes that I could not pick out of a lineup of 1 person.

I so wish we'd see more dancing.  So much talking - that isn't why we watch; please let us see more of show group auditions.  I LOVED watching the hip hop number (wish we could have seen more).  Loved that the girls were clearly having so much fun doing it (although it would have been nice is Judy smiled a little when she recognized that; it was odd to see her say that so seriously when they are looking for "fun" performers who look like they are having "fun").

Emily: lyrical is not your friend.  Do the girls have to do all styles, or was that just someone being mean putting her in there. 

Someone in an earlier thread mentioned that the first girl who was cut (can't keep their names straight either) was a "poor man's Erica".  During cameos, it was very clear - I thought it was her.

Very surprised that Kelli is the one fighting for Kelsi - maybe that is why she seems so tough on her (others were pressuring her to cut her?).

I wish we saw more of the vets helping the vets with dancing -- the one 2 weeks ago with Melissa doing the "peel the banana" was so cute (and from a higher camera angle, it made me realize just how TINY these girls are, even those who are "thick").  

Why is Selina getting NO camera time.  She is another "comeback" girl.  It's odd that she is so under the radar and ignored.

I like Jax, but I was distracted by her last night - she still does that open breathing mouth thing when she dances (that she was attacked for last year) and is a mouth breather in a resting position.  Not sure how that comes across on the big HD screen if she's caught in a quiet moment.

Why did Melissa do handsprings? Someone speculated she was told not to do the turn, pull up leg thing again -- but Holly (and I love her too) ALWAYS does that split, reach/crawl forward move.  

Question to dancers/ those with dance experience: clearly the kick line and jump split wreak havoc on the knees and legs.  But I've wondered about Ashley Nicole and Kinzie (I miss them both so much :-(   ) with their injuries -- if they were partnered near someone with bad technique throughout camp or all season, could that have a cumulative effect?  

Last comment:  That crab walk.  OMG.  How the heck does one do that? I broke both of my feet in June and have been doing ankle exercises.  When I saw that, I just had to try (from a seated position).  HOW?!?!?!?!

• Love 3

It think Ashley and Kenzie just had cumulative injuries and nobody split jumped them into injury last season.

i don't think Megan looked big at cameos. I also don't think Melissa looks big now, so she got it under control. I brought up the hormone theory and still wonder. 

Melissa and handsprings, and previously Loren  doing those side jetes or whatever - show group try out is not a free for all.

Now I think it has varied over the years if they have mandatory auditions or not. This year Kitty said it was not mandatory. 

Now if you do audition, they make everyone sing a little, dance a little, tumble a little, do the hip hop and lyrical dances, etc. I think Emily, Loren, Lauren w trying to sing the anthem, all knew their limitations, but we're going through the process.

• Love 1

The crab walk was to teach them to get down lower cause they are taller and it's more work to squat down as far as you need to in order to essentially do that PG-version of twerking that the DCC do in a lot of their dances.   The moving forward w/ their feet was to verify that they had control and balance in that position - which they both seemed to prove they did - especially Bethany.

Bethany and Tess have perfect dancer's bodies, but of course, the DCC style doesn't really mesh well w/ what is technically proper and correct in dancing.   It's like they pick and chose the peices of good technique that they want in that style (like they want good feet and kick placement, but heaven forbid someone dances w/ soft ballet arms or they are called a noodle, or has an extended neck or they are called too stiff).

It's as if they don't want anyone who is TOOOOO technically trained cause they they will have a hard time doing all their hip hopping power moves that go against all rules of proper ballet technique.   Tall Lindsay's cut seemed to stem from these issues.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Now I think it has varied over the years if they have mandatory auditions or not. This year Kitty said it was not mandatory. 

Now if you do audition, they make everyone sing a little, dance a little, tumble a little, do the hip hop and lyrical dances, etc. I think Emily, Loren, Lauren w trying to sing the anthem, all knew their limitations, but we're going through the process.

Can maybe one of the insiders explain why all the girls audition for Show Group even if they have no interest/cannot commit to the added time in their schedule? Is it a show of respect to the organization?  Not understanding why for instance Danielle auditions year after year when she knowingly cannot be a part of the squad.  Back in the day, only the girls who wanted to be a part of the team would audition.   

• Love 1

Yeah - I don't see why some of them audition if they have no shot it all - it has to potential to make you look worse if you really can't do all the different styles in the audition well.  For instance how Emily messed up that lyrical dance and now had Kitty telling K&J don't even let her on the team.   I know it's good to get yourself out there most of the time, but not if you are going to make yourself look bad.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Can maybe one of the insiders explain why all the girls audition for Show Group even if they have no interest/cannot commit to the added time in their schedule? Is it a show of respect to the organization?  Not understanding why for instance Danielle auditions year after year when she knowingly cannot be a part of the squad.  Back in the day, only the girls who wanted to be a part of the team would audition.   

The way it was explained to me was that they all take part in the audition because they are ALL still technically auditioning to be on the squad, vets AND new TCCs.  But judges understand that not everyone has time, etc. to actually partake so candidates can note that they do NOT want to actually be considered for SG.  

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Yeah - I don't see why some of them audition if they have no shot it all - it has to potential to make you look worse if you really can't do all the different styles in the audition well.  For instance how Emily messed up that lyrical dance and now had Kitty telling K&J don't even let her on the team.   I know it's good to get yourself out there most of the time, but not if you are going to make yourself look bad.

I think that is part of the point though - it gives them even more insight into what kind of dancers they have available.  If it comes down to the nitty gritty in selecting some girls over others, who was more well-rounded? who performed well even when she wasn't great at a certain style of dance? Sucks if it opens their eyes to stuff they didn't know about you in a bad way but it's not always a deal breaker.  Loren had terrible leaps and she still not only made the squad but helped new girls get the DCC style down. 

• Love 1

I think even if they aren't going to be in Show Group, having them doing tricks gives ideas for who to use for the breast cancer halftime or having them sing lets me know if I have someone who can sing solo or with others for the Star Spangled Banner.  I don't think all the info gained at the auditions is strictly for show group only.

• Love 5

Every time I see "star spangled banner" written anywhere I instantly think of Karen and sprangled ? I'm sad we didn't see more of the bad bits. The bad singing is my favourite bit!!! It reminds me that these girls are only human, just like us. 

There was a clip of Raylee messing up in a teaser that wasn't in the show. PET HATE. 

• Love 2
On 9/29/2016 at 11:24 PM, MyFavShows said:

On 9/29/2016 at 11:24 PM, MyFavShows said:

Melissa and Megan looked so heavy at the SG audition that I can't believe Kitty didn't speak up.  The double standard when it comes to those two is really starting to annoy me.  Jenn K. looked a bit soft/large in some shots, and so did Danielle, but the aren't as bad as Melissa and Megan.  Megan even looked heavy at cameos - it's such a joke how they made Chelsea and co. use last year's photos that one year and gave Megan and Melissa a pass this year.

This episode seemed to do NO favors to any of the cheerleaders. I thought that, during one of their practices, many of them seemed soft and/or large. Not sure if it was the combination of camera angle and shorts but it was not flattering.  Along with some of the ones mentioned I thought Holly looked soft, maybe even with a belly over the top of her shorts, which didn't make sense since she has little body fat.

Also, during a panning shot of the rookie candidates, I thought there were two very disctinct kinds if girls; those who were blonde and/or  statuesque and everyone else.  It seemed like their hair styles/colors had a lot of highlights that almost looked gray or silver and the girls just had a harder look; not the DCC look Charlotte is always talking about.

And I still believe you can be camera ready and not have to wear layers of eyeshadows and false lashes.  At least this episode is relatively free of product placements.  I'm already cringing about next week's special guest.

• Love 3

she has an entire DCC community to help her (the candidates pool is like instant access to potential friends). 

I think the point was that she wasn't becoming friends with them because of the language barrier and that left her feeling alone.

Celinda and Bethany seemed like normal people. I liked that they weren't over the top emotional and like OMG it was such an honor to even be here!!!!!! Celinda looks kind of like Erica.

Brennan seems a bit intense.

Jinelle seems like a sweetie as everyone has said.

i think melissa rycroft is so pretty but she has the worst style. The worst.

• Love 2

There was a scene where Danielle looked really bottom heavy. It was when the group leaders were told to teach by Kelli or Judy. Can't remember what. Anyway, the camera panned out and you could see Danielle from behind. I swear she had cellulite on her legs. I thought it was Jennifer at first, since everyone has talked about her weight, but it was definitely Danielle. She looked heavy in the butt, legs, and back. I think she yo yos between skinny/toned and very very soft frequently.

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Originalroux said:

And I still believe you can be camera ready and not have to wear layers of eyeshadows and false lashes.  At least this episode is relatively free of product placements.  I'm already cringing about next week's special guest.

I've been wanting to say this for awhile and your comment gives me an opening. I'm on the fence about Kelli Q looks. I don't know what it is and perhaps it is those false eyelashes! It just doesn't look right on her. I feel horrible saying that about her looks and I won't say anymore. It has been refreshing seeing some ladies not decked out in full make up on their social media accounts. I know we complain about how frumpy Melissa R dresses, but I do like that she isn't all glammed up.

• Love 1

After seeing the trailer for KPs show that will be visiting Japan, I now wonder if Yuko is a producer contrived arrangement.  Living with Natalie Woods also seems weird. Wouldn't they try to get her with a current or at least younger ex dcc to help her feel less excluded?

• Love 3
9 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Don't you have to have a sponsor with a more stable income and established residence - so a bunch of students and part time dance teachers with temporary housing wouldn't work, but Natalie would?

Caveat: Briefly off topic (sorry mods!). I'm not an immigration attorney nor do I know Yukos situation; however, due to my job I know a bit about it, but even better several of my coworkers do work for immigration agencies.  Although they laughed hysterically at me for the reasons for asking, they did have insight. 

I believe demonstrated sponsor financial stability is a requirement per USCIS guidelines. This is because a sponsor is financially responsible for whomever they are making the petition (so if the sponsored immigrant gets into a car accident, the sponsor may be financially liable), which is why sponsorship is generally limited to a relative of the petitioning immigrant - such as my aunt sponsoring her French son-in-law due to the fact that her daughter is an underpaid social worker.  Employers can also sponsor an employee, but I believe someone mentioned the DCC website explicitly states they won't do that.

Bringing it back to the topic at hand, I wonder a couple of things concerning Yukos situation.  I took her living with Natalie as a matter of convenience (by the way so very awesome to see Natalie, I wish they wouldn't have edited her interview out, she was always one of my favorites). 

Most importantly, does anyone know if Yuko is here on an immigrant, non-immigrant tourist visa or as a non-immigrant tourist waiver? It'd provide a lot of answers if we knew.  

Additionally, I think Yuko is so adorable. After questioning my coworkers, they wanted to see what I was talking about and they *all* loved Yuko (they are dudes by the way). 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Are you allowed to work if you are on a tourist visa? I assumed that she originally came on a tourist visa and changed it to a work visa once she made training camp and that the change is what required her to return to Japan in last week's episode. 

Yep! If you are on a non-immigrant tourist visa (a B2 visa), you have to separately apply for a work authorization (which also costs $380). I'm assuming these girls are issued W2s for their work with DCC so she would need that work authorization. The B2 is only good for 6 months though (although that time is a bit longer for tourists from countries close to the US like Mexico and Canada due to frequency of travel), so if she didn't initiate the renewal in time, she has to return home and then come back under a new one. Again I'm not sure if that's her situation or not, B1/B2 visa are the ones I deal with more frequently; however, Yukos situation may be different depending on how she came into the US.

I liken the immigration process to the Fire Swamp in The Princess Bride...filled with sand traps and ROUSs...

2 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Caveat: Briefly off topic (sorry mods!). I'm not an immigration attorney nor do I know Yukos situation; however, due to my job I know a bit about it but even better, several of my coworkers do work for immigration agencies.  Although they laughed hysterically at me for the reasons for asking, they did have insight. 

I believe demonstrated sponsor financial stability is a requirement per USCIS guidelines. This is because a sponsor is financially responsible for whomever they are making the petition (so if the sponsored immigrant gets into a car accident, the sponsor may be financially liable), which is why sponsorship is generally limited to a relative of the petitioning immigrant - such as my aunt sponsoring her French son-in-law due to the fact that her daughter is an underpaid social worker.  Employers can also sponsor an employee, but I believe someone mentioned the DCC website explicitly states they won't do that.

Bringing back to the topic at hand, I wonder a couple of things concerning Yukos situation.  I took her living with Natalie as a matter of convenience (by the way so very awesome to see Natalie, I wish they wouldn't have edited her interview out, she was always one of my favorites). 

Most importantly, does anyone know if Yuko is here on an immigrant, non-immigrant tourist visa or as a non-immigrant tourist waiver? It'd provide a lot of answers if we knew.  

Additionally, I think Yuko is so adorable. After questioning my coworkers, they wanted to see what I was talking about and they *all* loved Yuko (they are dudes by the way). 

Honestly this sounds like a lot of work and trouble to get one cheerleader in the country for a season (including finding her a sponsor that has demonstrated financial stability).  Seems like a lot of people going out of their way for one girl... does she spin gold or something?  She's cute but now I'm a tad poo-poo this situation because it doesn't make sense that K+J would all of a sudden go so much out of their way to keep this girl.  She ain't all that!

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Honestly this sounds like a lot of work and trouble to get one cheerleader in the country for a season (including finding her a sponsor that has demonstrated financial stability).  Seems like a lot of people going out of their way for one girl... does she spin gold or something?  She's cute but now I'm a tad poo-poo this situation because it doesn't make sense that K+J would all of a sudden go so much out of their way to keep this girl.  She ain't all that!

Personally, I don't actually think K&J or anyone with DCC are actually helping her at all beyond giving her a day off of TC or so to get her paperwork together. The DCC website explicitly says they don't assist in obtaining any sort of visa for anyone. I think it is incumbent upon the TCC to obtain the appropriate visa themselves, which may be why Yuko is having an issue. 

So, I wouldn't blame her!  ? Perhaps she didn't understand the requirements or the deadlines. Immigration guidelines are difficult to navigate and she can only move as fast as the paperwork is completed by the approving agency (which at times not very fast).  

I do think her personality is adorable, but I'm not a good judge of dance ability. Every time I like a random TCCs dancing, I read the comments on here from actual dancers and usually the comments are about how that TCC is a horrible dancer, lol. And then I'm like ? and I shuffle away quietly. ☺️

• Love 5

I wonder if the situation with Natalie Wood and Yuko isn't something that happens more frequently than we realize?  Perhaps there's an informal "arrangement" wherein alums offer up rooms for Training Camp candidates?  I remember a couple other TCCs through the years staying at what looked like large, private homes and saying they lived with a family friend or something. 

Natalie's house looked GINORMOUS.  When they showed the exterior I totally though it was a country club or something!

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Personally, I don't actually think K&J or anyone with DCC are actually helping her at all beyond giving her a day off of TC or so to get her paperwork together. The DCC website explicitly says they don't assist in obtaining any sort of visa for anyone. I think it is incumbent upon the TCC to obtain the appropriate visa themselves, which may be why Yuko is having an issue. 

So, I wouldn't blame her!  ? Perhaps she didn't understand the requirements or the deadlines. Immigration guidelines are difficult to navigate and she can only move as fast as the paperwork is completed by the approving agency (which at times not very fast).  

I do think her personality is adorable, but I'm not a good judge of dance ability. Every time I like a random TCCs dancing, I read the comments on here from actual dancers and usually the comments are about how that TCC is a horrible dancer, lol. And then I'm like ? and I shuffle away quietly. ☺️

Sorry, I was referring to the arrangement with Natalie.  I wouldn't think Yuko would have thought of the idea and asked Natalie herself.  That must've / had to have been arranged by someone within the organization. 

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I agree that it's a lot of trouble to get one cheerleader on the squad - an exceptionally talented world class basketball player like Yao Ming, who can literally get your team to the playoffs, definitely - but a cheerleader who is barely good enough to make the squad and can't do anything but maybe get you a few "diversity points" - can't see how it's worth it.

Take the time, effort and money involved in getting her in the country and eligible to work, and spend it on recruiting a talented dancer of Asian decent from this country, one that doesn't have Visa issues, if you really want an Asian on the squad.

I think something is up - like she's connected to someone higher up in a way that will never be revealed.   Or maybe it's a CMT story line and/or has something to do w/ the Kelli Pickler trip like another poster said.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I agree that it's a lot of trouble to get one cheerleader on the squad - an exceptionally talented world class basketball player like Yao Ming, who can literally get your team to the playoffs, definitely - but a cheerleader who is barely good enough to make the squad and can't do anything but maybe get you a few "diversity points" - can't see how it's worth it.

Take the time, effort and money involved in getting her in the country and eligible to work, and spend it on recruiting a talented dancer of Asian decent from this country, one that doesn't have Visa issues, if you really want an Asian on the squad.

I think something is up - like she's connected to someone higher up in a way that will never be revealed.   Or maybe it's a CMT story line and/or has something to do w/ the Kelli Pickler trip like another poster said.

yeah .. maybe she's related to someone?  Cause there are plenty of Japanese dancers here in the U.S. ... anyways, this is not a position on immigration or visa process or anything political.  It's more about me thinking it's ridiculous to do all this for a cheerleader, regardless of race or ethnicity

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Is she really "barely good enough" to make the team when she got a Barbie for her solo? This past episode it sounded more like they just felt that her dancing hadn't been up to the standard she set for herself rather than actually bad.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

Two questions:

What's the Kelli Pickler trip? 

Who was the other girl doing the crab walking thing with Bethany?  Never saw her before.

It looks like Kellie Pickler goes to Japan.  Maybe CMT has some sort of deal or contract to tie in a few shows with trips to Japan, and Yuko may have a part in that.

Kellie Pickler....meh.  I think if someone were a country music fan and/or American Idol fan before this season of MTT, they probably aren't as annoyed by her as someone who is basically seeing her for the first time in the commercials for her show.  All that we see is this dumb blonde persona for a minute or two, whereas I'm sure she's a great person in real life.  I think another commenter said it best; I'd also have fun drinking tequila with her!

was anyone else shocked that Danielle didn't make show group? I was very surprised, especially since she is group leader. It reminded me of angela and her situation, although they did not focus on Daniels being upset. I have to assume she was, though. What do you think? Why didn't she make it? Has she in the past?

I really liked the show group audition dance that they did that was hip hop in style and showcased a lot of them. It was awesome! I thought it really was well put together and intriguing. I wish that they would show the whole dance and not just clips, but we say that all the time. 

I don't understand emily Rosalyn. I think she is extremely pretty, but i do see what they are saying about her pigeon toes. I don't see how she can say she has done ballet since age 3, but have that issue. Maybe she was embellishing. It doesn't add up. 

I hope that was not the kitty carter segment for the season. It was so weak! What happened??? 

I feel that they are toning everything down this season, which i don't like. It feels really edited and controlled, which it has not in the past. My main issue is not calling them out on weight. Hannah but not them? Chelsea and brittany Schram, but not this group? I am not OK with this LOL

• Love 1
15 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

...but I'm not a good judge of dance ability. Every time I like a random TCCs dancing, I read the comments on here from actual dancers and usually the comments are about how that TCC is a horrible dancer, lol. And then I'm like ? and I shuffle away quietly. ☺️

I'm with you - like who you like!  Think of us as the audience the girls are competing to entertain. We may not know dance technique but we know what we like and what entertains us (crab walking aside).

• Love 5

I don't think they pose auditions or training camp as totally objective processes.  Kelli seems pretty clear to me that, while she sets the highest standards for everyone, she recognizes that there's a lot of subjectivity involved in picking the team.  If it were objective, they wouldn't solicit so many judges' opinions at auditions or throughout training camp.  I think that they do try to be supportive and give girls enough opportunities to develop and prove themselves to be DCC quality.  But, I just don't see why they've been hanging on to Emily, who doesn't appear to have improved throughout this camp.  Not only are her feet ugly and messy when she dances and kicks, she hunches over while kicking to try to get the height she needs. It seems to me that, if she's as hard working as she claims, her feet would be pointing when she kicks by now.  She's had 3 years to work on it.  Not cute.  And that lyrical piece -- wow, was that fugly.  Not only poor technique, but she didn't even know the dance.  She's a much worse dancer than she knows, and it bugs me.  Cut her already!  It seems like it's clear to K and J that she doesn't have a chance, so now it just seems like stringing her along. 

Kelsey is gorgeous, but Judy's right: she looks like she's marking, or lost. 

Spoiler

I can't really believe she made the team.  She's beautiful, but I don't see the appeal, or DCC-worthy performance polish.  

Brennan doesn't have a DCC look to me, and as someone mentioned up thread, she does seem "intense."  I'm glad Kelli Q got so many props, as she's a fabulous dancer and seems very put together.  But I think her look could be improved with bangs to cover a bit of forehead, and lighter eye makeup.  Her eyes just look like black patches except in closeups.  I think adjusting the hair and makeup could make her look younger, and actually show how pretty she is. 

• Love 3

Just remembered something from the first episode, when they showed preview clips from the season: Raylee struggling to sing the national anthem.  They totally cut that out of the show group auditions bit in this episode.  Neil McCoy was very nice to her in that moment, I recall.  Showing things in previews but not in the actual show is a peeve of mine.  They've done it before on MTT.  When Kelli was scolding the girls during a rehearsal with DJ as a guest choreographer a few seasons ago, and (this next one is the one I really wanted the dirt on) in season 3 or 4, Judy telling the camera that she couldn't remember being in a situation before when they considered taking a vet's uniform away so close to the season opener.  My point for this episode is, bless Raylee's heart, and stop teasing us with stuff you don't show (you being the editors). 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, MaryWebGirl said:

This is the first part of the hip hop routine. I know that other two have been posted by someone -- maybe they can be dug up again.

Is anyone else on Show Group besides Holly cause that's the only person my eyes were drawn to lol ... that girl slayed it!!!  Kitty was right ... she CAN do show group by herself lol

• Love 9
6 hours ago, JC123 said:

@Dccfanatic everyone has to try out for show group - but Danielle has always asked not to be selected because of her work commitments. 

which I love and makes me respect her more ... always love it when young women take their jobs seriously! Show group is tempting to do so I'm impressed she is choosing not to

• Love 6

Re: Emily and her ballet training. First let me say I don't know her at all and have no clue as to what her actual training is, so I'm not speaking to Emily's actual training. But when taking dance, there are many types of studios, including pre-professional studios and recreational studios, the latter of which often lacks technique and is more for "fun" where students learn the basics and perform in recitals for family and friends. Some students are thrilled with this option - they feel like ballerinas, have their moments to shine on stage, and parents are equally thrilled with the once or twice a week classes, and once or twice a year performances - a win all the way around. Pre-professional studios are totally different. Students are in class multiple days a week for several hours a day, having technique drilled into them, have to take exams, may or may not have performances or competitions. These students usually compete for summer intensives at ballet schools across the country to learn from world renowned instructors and improve their technique. I grew up in a pre-professional school and now live in a very small town that only has a recreational studio. I'm one of 2 teachers there. I know the ins and outs of both types. A girl dancing from the age of 3 at a recreational studio is NOT going to be the same dancer as the girl dancing from the age of three from the pre-professional studio. A non-dancer will be able to tell the difference in the lack of technique. While I don't know Emily's dance background, my guess is that she danced in a more recreational type studio setting. A pre-professional studio would have fixed the pigeon toes and lack of turn out, lack of technique, and the lyrical piece would have come a little more naturally to her. That's  it to say she wouldn't have struggled at all, but she looked like she had never done anything like it before at all. And that was odd to me.

Spoiler

I hope she takes more technique classes and tries out again.

Girl is gorgeous and seems really sweet!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Is anyone else on Show Group besides Holly cause that's the only person my eyes were drawn to lol ... that girl slayed it!!!  Kitty was right ... she CAN do show group by herself lol

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that!  You cannot keep your eyes off her!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, tobeyoungagain said:

which one is she? 

Kelli, little Kelli from New England who auditioned quite a few times and Kelli F said she didn't know why she didn't notice her before this year

Edited by heatherrrrz
1 hour ago, tobeyoungagain said:

which one is she? 

She's on the left wearing long blue pants.

ETA: oopsie, there are 2 blondes on the left in pants, I'm talking about the one who started off in the back row.

Edited by ByTor
6 hours ago, M1977G said:

Brennan doesn't have a DCC look to me, and as someone mentioned up thread, she does seem "intense."  I'm glad Kelli Q got so many props, as she's a fabulous dancer and seems very put together.  But I think her look could be improved with bangs to cover a bit of forehead, and lighter eye makeup.  Her eyes just look like black patches except in closeups.  I think adjusting the hair and makeup could make her look younger, and actually show how pretty she is. 

Thank you!  In the past, bangs were the thing, now many of the girls could use soft bangs (Kelli Q, Milan, Allie), part their hair on the side (what is with the center part?  It’s ugly!) and a make-up change.  Where is the “soft glamour” Kelli spoke of in 2007?

• Love 1