Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I think the girls still have practice since they can be sent out to perform at other activities. I admit I would love to see Denver make it to the Super Bowl, but I would love to see the girls go. I wonder if they will take the whole team or would a few of the girls will be staying home.

She earned being on showgroup for all these years , she re-auditions for it every year . I don't understand she has to give up her earned spot for other people.

Like her or not (I'm pretty indifferent BTW, she's a good performer, not my fave, but I don't dislike her either), Sydney has absolutely earned a spot for 7 seasons. The past couple of years had very strong contenders, and she still made it and made show group. When Kelli and Judy are 'done' with a girl - from being outdanced, out of shape, or whatever the reason, no matter how much fans like her - they're done. They don't make excuses for maintaining the brand over popularity, and Sydney makes the cut every year. She's not 'taking' anyone's spot. She's earning her keep.

As for not having a 'real' job and being able to spend what seems like 24/7 doing DCC-related things, good for her. It may not be 'fair' that more talented or popular girls just financially and physically can't do that, but that's not Sydney's fault. If other girls had the means to stay with the organization this long, most would. I can't fault her for taking advantages of opportunities to do what she loves doing, and she's good at it.

Once again, this is entertainment. Professional cheerleading, not negotiating for hostages or curing cancer. The Titanic isn't sinking with room for only one on a floating door. If Sydney or any other girl can keep it up for 2 or 20 years, and Kelli and Judy keep them around, then good for them.

• Love 4

I also think Sydney has an off-putting quality. There are a couple of women who, I feel, are so invested in being a DCC 'celebrity' that they have no other identity (Sydney, Kelsy, Brittany). They will have to pull their uniforms from their cold dead hands!

Kelly and Judy have the final say in EVERYTHING DCC. Sydney goes on USO Tours because they want her there. Also I'm guessing that if a DCC turned down the "honor" of going on the tour it would be inferred by the powers that be as disrespectful and would essentially be DCC suicide. Sydney plays the game by the rules set forth to stay on the team. No need to hate on her for that.

• Love 1

I think the girls still have practice since they can be sent out to perform at other activities. I admit I would love to see Denver make it to the Super Bowl, but I would love to see the girls go. I wonder if they will take the whole team or would a few of the girls will be staying home.

I'm trying to imagine the look on Charlotte's face if they tried to tell her they stopped practicing because this is as far as the Cowboys are going! They actually could still have one more home game (if Carolina beats the Seahawks, which is a VERY long shot, and the Cowboys beat the Packers the Cowboys have the better record).

The girls may or may not have any more home games or may or may not be performing at the Super Bowl, but I bet they will be practicing, getting ready for tryouts, and the swimsuit calendar shoot. Even the girls who are planning on retiring are still practicing, making appearances, and have other DCC related activities to keep them busy. I also think auditions prep classes start next month, and the group leaders help teach those classes. I cannot believe tryouts will be in four months.

it seems like the girls on the team become especially close with their rookie class, which makes perfect sense.  we have to remember it's been years since Sydney has had anyone in her rookie class on the team, so naturally it's going to seem like she's not as close with a "core" group.  

Yay another football girl who understands how it all works :) No way are the Cowboys getting a home game. Sunday was it and the game was awesome.

I'm trying to imagine the look on Charlotte's face if they tried to tell her they stopped practicing because this is as far as the Cowboys are going! They actually could still have one more home game (if Carolina beats the Seahawks, which is a VERY long shot, and the Cowboys beat the Packers the Cowboys have the better record).

Also, according to a complaint by a Ravens cheerleader, the whole squad does not get to attend Superbowl. Guess it would be show group (and maybe Angela and Nicole) for DCC.http://bloguin.com/thisgivensunday/2013-articles/retiring-ravens-cheerleader-not-allowed-to-go-to-the-super-bowl.html

Edited by pink317

This is really random but instead of following each and every DCC on instagram, I like to stay updated by going through the DCC's that Sydney follows (since she doesn't follow like 800 people like the other girls and it's an easy place to find all the girls' instagram accounts). I noticed she unfollowed Samantha the last time I checked (within the past week).

I wonder if something happened between them? Samantha is actually my favorite DCC so it was easy to notice haha

Having said that, Sydney is also one of my absolute favorites and I really hope she is a DCC for at least 3 more years

Also, according to a complaint by a Ravens cheerleader, the whole squad does not get to attend Superbowl.

There is a limit of maybe 36 or 40 cheerleaders that each team can bring (not sure what the number is) so all of the DCC could go, I think.  The Ravens have a dance cheer squad (like the DCC) but then they also have a stunt squad, too (with male and female cheerleaders like college).  So I think they have way more than 36 or 40 cheerleaders in total because they really have two squads almost. That is why they couldn't take all of their cheerleaders, IIRC.

Edited by iloveit

I mean practice in terms of field performances. I know the girls keep busy in the studio until May, but from the sounds of some older blog entries they do classes and dance to keep in shape, more than practice. Unless, of course, there's a SG event or a dancing event.

There is a limit of maybe 36 or 40 cheerleaders that each team can bring (not sure what the number is) so all of the DCC could go, I think.  The Ravens have a dance cheer squad (like the DCC) but then they also have a stunt squad, too (with male and female cheerleaders like college).  So I think they have way more than 36 or 40 cheerleaders in total because they really have two squads almost. That is why they couldn't take all of their cheerleaders, IIRC.

You're right. Ravens have a huge squad. Did some digging and the limit is 32! Awkward for DCC.

http://www.phillymag.com/news/2013/02/01/baltimore-ravens-plump-cheerleader-super-bowl/

I cant even think about Super Bowl right now, the Cowboys are playing a really good (undefeated in their home stadium) team on Sunday. Cowboys are undefeated with away games this year but someone's record has to break this Sunday. And if they advance, their next likely opponent would be the reigning Super Bowl champs. It's still a long road to the big game.

Edited by pink317

I hope the Cowboys make the superbowl so we can see what 4 girls do not get to go. I'm guessing it would 4 rookies, but it would be interesting if it wasn't. My favorite team is the Patriots, but I find myself rooting for the Cowboys because of the DCC. 

• Love 1

HA! I like the idea of wanting them to make it so we can see which 4 don't get to go (I know that is bad!). Kelly & Judy are probably hoping there are girls who cant't go for their own reason....but it might be a preview of cuts

BK10 - you want to see the Cowboys go to the Superbowl just so you can see which DCC don't attend?!!!!!

The Cowboys are playing outside this weekend in 17 degree weather (that is what they are forecasting the temperature to be) at Lambeau.  They haven't played outside/cold weather all season BUT Aaron Rogers is injured so it will be an interesting game.  It will be an historical game as well.  The Cowboys haven't played at Lambeau in a playoff game since 1967.

No way are the Cowboys getting a home game.

It is POSSIBLE if they win and the Panthers win.  Highly unlikely that the Panters will beat the Seahawks though. 

I would expect, to keep girls from feeling unfairly excluded, they wouldn't take any rookies, but that's just a guess.

That seems somewhat fair (or at least any easy line to draw) but then they would haven't some of their top performers like Erica.  Maybe they would exclude the rookies who are not on Show Group?  That would be Caila, Breelan, Ashley P, Loren, Victoria, and Courtney.

If 32 is the maximum as per the NFL, one would think the teams would limit their squads to 32 but c'est la vie! I hope they take as many as possible. I can see Show Group (including alternates) plus retirees maybe. My favorites are clear staff favorites so I know they'll be there.  I can also see the big media appearances (TV, radio) being reserved for Show Group just due to their experience (this ain't a Dunkin Donuts opening lol). I feel silly talking about it because this is really cart before the horse but I hope they make it!

Edited by pink317

I seriously hope all the girls get to come if the team get to the superbowl , it's might be a once of life time experience i hope all the girls get to have it.

• Love 1

I agree that one would be great for all the girls to get the experience....but the snarky side of me wouldn't mind the entertainment value of us all getting to discus who did & didn't get to go and why :). Also, I don't think it's been mentioned yet but would the AllStars even be considered (Mia is the first that comes to mind)? I've been to Super Bowls and I wouldn't be surprised if we never saw the kick line (assuming they make it that far). During the first quarter change one team performs & the other team performs between the 3rd & 4th quarter. The rest of the time they are doing sideline tags. No team,that I have seen, has ever been involved in the pre game or halftime shows.

Also, one more thing...if they go, the MTT crew better be following!

• Love 1

I would think they could take everyone with limiting number on the field to 32 or less.  Have one group visiting boxes etc and then rotate groups in and out over all 4 periods.  If it is a commitment of say 5 days, some girls may have difficulty with taking that much time off of school or work so that could even be an influence. 

If it is a commitment of say 5 days, some girls may have difficulty with taking that much time off of school or work so that could even be an influence.

That's true, although if I had the opportunity to cheer (or do anything cool) at the Super Bowl, I would do anything short of quitting school or an important job to be there!  What a memory that would be!

I would think they could take everyone with limiting number on the field to 32 or less.  Have one group visiting boxes etc and then rotate groups in and out over all 4 periods.

I do not think the NFL would allow them to do this. The Cowboys aren't the host so I don't think they could come up with their own solution to bring more people or everyone would do that. I do not think the SB cheerleaders would do a pregame routine, participate in the halftime show, or visit the boxes. Not at all team have cheerleaders so if the host committee (or whatever it is called) scheduled cheerleaders to perform and then the teams didn't have cheerleaders, they would have to fill that time last minute.  The Green Bay-Pittsburgh Super Bowl a few years ago had no cheerleaders. 

Edited by iloveit
  • Love 1

Def agree the NFL wouldn't permit extra girls. Allegedly, Jerry Jones and co. wanted DCC to perform during Super Bowl 2011 (held at ATT Stadium and had no cheerleaders for either team) and was denied. Not sure how true that is but as the host stadium the girls did perform outside prior to kick off. In general,  I wouldn't say cheerleaders are the NFL's #1 priority.

Someone posted on My Favorite Cheerleader website about who will be trying out again and who may retire.

Returning: Paige, Jinelle, Jennifer K, Jessica M, Jenna, and Lacey

Retiring: Angela, Nicole, Sydney, and Veronica (probable)

I don't know for some reason i don't think Sydney is going to retire this , just a feeling and beside i think it will be cool if she breaks the record !

Edited by mmm

Seahawks won tonight, meaning the Cowboys will def. not have any more home games this season. Also, a few girls posted on social media about going to Wisconsin. Didn't seem like an official "DCC" trip but more of a social thing.

Edited by pink317

Half of the regular season games are home games. Plus they probably perform at least a couple of pre season games. Overall, they would be performing for at least ten games at home.

Yeah I know... We have Soccer which is 17 home games every season plus up to like 10 more depending on the team and pre-season games and stuff, so 10 home games hardly feels like anything to me, especially as we all feel like 17 home games isn't nearly enough :D but of course we don't have cheerleading..

Holly, Brittney, Emma, and Kelsey are at the game today. Not on the team but Jenn K's husband and Cassie are there as well. Some of the girls must be well off. Tickets, hotel, and flights ain't cheap. (And a part-time job that the girls allegedly have is not going to cover costs). Nice to see some DCC support in WI. Watching MTT has made me a DC fan so I can only imagine the level of fandom actual being on the team creates.

I think the Super bowl buzz has overshadowed Pro Bowl. Does anyone know if Nicole is practicing or prepping? All seems quiet in light of the playoffs.

Not sure where to put this....but I thought it was way cool.  Just seen on Twitter/Facebook.  Do the girls not go to events like the College National Championship? I really haven't seen anybody posting about it. PS in case you don't watch the instagram video, the band is walking down the hallway in AT&T Stadium presumably on their way to the field to do the National Anthem and Charles ducks into the DCC locker room......

Lady Antebellum @ladyantebellum  ·  2h 2 hours ago
Charles is loving Dallas maybe a little too much http://instagram.com/p/xxL-0oNiyO
0 replies 35 retweets 161 favorites
Reply  Retweet35  Favorite161
Moredo

Edited by lscobee

What a coincidence..I just saw Courtney on the Bucs' version of Making the Team. She sure has made the reality TV rounds lol.

Pink317 - where did you see the Bucs' Making The Team?  The NFL has one but it is from 2006.  Did they put out another?

Do the girls not go to events like the College National Championship?

Considering they're calling the location "North Texas" it seems like they're trying to not associate the game in any way with the Cowboys. If any DCC wanted to go they'd probably have to pay like anyone else.