Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Jordon has sport reporter job full time and at least she did three appearances this year from what i remember  , one of them was the opening of cowboys new head quarters which was a big deal !

They always take a smaller number of show group members on the USO tour. I do find it strange that Holly didn't go this year. She is point girl and a group leader.

Edited by nmvrn

I think only 6 went this year too. Sydney, Jenna, Emma , Jennifer A, Jennifer K, and Brittney. I haven't heard anything about Jacie or Kelsey.

Edited by nmvrn

Wow! Hope Nicole didn't tear her ACL or anything of that nature. Yikes.

In other news, tonight is Cowboys Christmas Party. Anyone who isnt instagramming/tweeting pics of the party is probably part of the Japan crew. I would bet money Kelsey, Kinzie, and Jacie are on the tour.

• Love 1
Wow! Hope Nicole didn't tear her ACL or anything of that nature. Yikes.

In other news, tonight is Cowboys Christmas Party. Anyone who isnt instagramming/tweeting pics of the party is probably part of the Japan crew. I would bet money Kelsey, Kinzie, and Jacie are on the tour.[/quote

I think you are right. I didn't see any pics of Jacie, Kelsey, or Kinzie at the Dallas Cowboys party last night.

I do find it strange that Holly didn't go this year.

I seem to recall that the most senior DCCs don't always go if they have been on the trip multiple times before.  I think Kelly tries to give new people the USO experience each year.  I seem to remember some kerfuffle about some DCCs wanting to go again but not being invited in favor or newer (but still experienced) DCCs. 

11 ladies are on the Christmas tour. Group shot and fun radio interview below!

(Personally, I think Holly was scheduled to go - as they usually send 12- but had a last minute hiccup for whatever reason)

Sydney was an alternate her first year on SG so idk.

It's cool to see how far some of the girls have come. Like Brittney, not making it at all and then making SG. Or Kelsey, she got called in quite a bit and now she's on the USO tour. Sydney has also come a long way.

Then there are girls like Jennifer K who had it since day one!

Sydney was an alternate her first year on SG so idk.

It's cool to see how far some of the girls have come. Like Brittney, not making it at all and then making SG. Or Kelsey, she got called in quite a bit and now she's on the USO tour. Sydney has also come a long way.

Then there are girls like Jennifer K who had it since day one!

It is wonderful to see how some of the DCC have grown. Jennifer A. also worked hard to make show group and I think she struggled with weight gain during the season Chelsea was cut.

Just went to the DCC main site to look at some of the girls profiles and I can't find any of them...even by clicking on the girls pics in the squad section.  Anyone else notice this?

Yes. I first noticed it a couple days ago.

Update on Nicole via Cassie (responding to a question on IG):

Her name is Nicole. (If you were at the later awards ceremony!) she has a bum knee that pops out of place sometimes! Usually, she recovers quickly, but I will tell her you were concerned!

I do remember the scene in MTT7 where Nicole's knee cap was sliding around like a hockey puck on ice after practicing kick line. She didnt need surgery or anything. Hope its the same this time around.

• Love 1

Emma's engagement pictures taken by former DCC Morgan         https://www.facebook.com/morganjordanphotography/photos/pcb.928905657124592/928897797125378/?type=1&theater

I believe if a girl gets injured where she is preforming, the DCC organization will pay for surgery. Cassie had knee problems before she became a DCC, and her performance related knee injury surgeries were probably handle by DC team doctors.

Now all we have left is the guesses for All Star and the final game

And who will retire.    Guesses?  

It looks like Emma had dark brown hair her first two years on the team. She is a cute girl, but her hair color ages her.

I noticed the color looked odd in one of the last MTT episodes, when she was in the office talking about a candidate.    I have natural dark brown hair and went copper for awhile.  Eventually I got tired of it, especially when my roots started to show and the color faded.

Nicole has said she will be retiring.

I think Sydney may stay for another year if her best friend Jenna goes for another year. Angela, Veronica, Britney, Holly, three year vet Jennifer is getting married next March might decide to retire.

The girls that claim to be retiring in Dec some times change their minds (or get talked into changing their minds lol) before April which is the real deadline. For example, Sydney has been in two "last game" photos thus far!

I can see Jordan retiring if her journalism career continues to pick up steam.

Wait, I'm thinking of Pro Bowl... never mind. :P

Pro Bowl comes before All Star selection. Do you have any guesses for PBC?

Im guessing one of the following - Jacie, Holly, Sydney, Angela. Kinda want to swap Holly for Emma....

Nicole has said she will be retiring.

I think Sydney may stay for another year if her best friend Jenna goes for another year. Angela, Veronica, Britney, Holly, three year vet Jennifer is getting married next March might decide to retire.

I think Sydney should blow the record and stay for 10 years. I def see Jenna as a 5 year girl.

Edited by Lorimar263
  • Love 1

I would hope Nicole would be chosen as Pro Bowl Cheerleader, but might not put herself forward for that (or want to be selected for it) if she's injured.  I don't know who else I would like to see as PBC as there are so many good options, but Nicole is my all-around favorite girl there.

The girls that claim to be retiring in Dec some times change their minds (or get talked into changing their minds lol) before April which is the real deadline. For example, Sydney has been in two "last game" photos thus far!

I can see Jordan retiring if her journalism career continues to pick up steam.

Pro Bowl comes before All Star selection. Do you have any guesses for PBC?

Im guessing one of the following - Jacie, Holly, Sydney, Angela. Kinda want to swap Holly for Emma....

I meant Pro Bowl wrong sport lol

Sydney, Emma or Holly for PBC. Maybe Nicole but she's never been the strongest dancer. But I would be thrilled for her if she was chosen. Really hope Sydnet gets it. Emma and holly, I'm sure, will be around for another year.

Wait, I'm thinking of Pro Bowl... never mind. :P

Not PB is correct. I said All Star instead but I meant PBC.

Edited by Elizabeth9

Really  interested in seeing what Katy and Veronica do. If they return for a 5th year without getting GL or SG, it would be a first - at least in recent history, I think.I can't remember one 5th year vet who wasn't on Show Group or a group leader.

Edited by pink317

I hope both Katy and Veronica return!  They are two of my favorites.  With her wedding on the horizon, Katy might not return, and how Veronica and Kelly feel about Veronica's weight situation might determine if she comes back.  While neither girl has been chosen for Show Group, it has been nice to see Katy get chosen for some higher profile appearances lately (like the Sports Illustrated photo shoot, which was a big deal), and Veronica as one of the poster girls for the show two years in a row.  Katy & Veronica seem very close to Holly & Brittany, and I hope that whole little foursome returns.  They'd be a great senior group of cheerleaders.  I would be surprised, if Brittany does return and is not chosen as a group leader or second.  She's got over 20,000 followers on Twitter, she's a fabulous performer, is totally dedicated to hard work and the DCC, is a favorite of K&J, and it appears that the younger DCC look up to her.  I'm still surprised she wasn't chosen this year over Jennifer Kathryn, but I wonder if it had to do with TPTB's unhappiness with her weight. 

Thanks for posting the links for the USO tour, everyone!  The ladies (and their DJ hosts) were very charming and funny on the radio show.  I very much appreciate the organization's insistence on selecting smart, personable women who are well spoken and engaging, as well as good ambassadors for the Cowboys.  I really admire what the DCC does with the USO and charitable organizations, and appreciate these young women's abilities to bring genuine smiles to those who really need it.  

I also think it's so cool that Jenna first met the DCC on a USO tour, and now gets to be on tour as a DCC herself, with her bestie Sydney, whom she met on that first USO tour.  I'm with one of the posters above that I think (hope!) she'll be a 5 year girl, or stay even longer.  I would love to see her as a group leader or second.  I really like all the girls chosen for the tour, and I bet it's difficult to select which few get to go each year.  This is a great group of performers, and I bet they probably also strive for a mix of cheerleaders, some who are experienced and comfortable with the tour and interacting with the military on bases all over the world, and some newbies who can learn the ropes.