Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Imo, Beelan and Caila may get cut next year. If Danielle decides to retire, I wonder if Jasmine will retire also. I hope Nicole will become an All-Star since she said this will be her last year.

Danielle was a pro cheerleader for 4 years ( 3 yrs NY Jets, 1 yr Gotham City-Giants) prior to becoming  a DCC  which makes 7 years total.  I wouldn't surprise me if she did retire. Jasmine was a Jets cheerleader for only 2 years so I could see her staying maybe another year or more for the DCC.

• Love 1

Yeah , the giants is one of three nfl teams with no offical cheerleaders , they have un-offical cheer team called Gotham city dancers they cheer outside the stadium Danielle cheered for them before the jets

Edited by mmm
  • Love 1

Well if the 10 we think are retiring plus maybe some rookie cuts, it would certainly make for a better try outs cause we so few openings in the last few years training camp has been small for rookies. Haven't seen this since the Brooke and all her friends retired.

Seasons three, six, and seven? had big group of rookies. I would not be surprise if a few of the non-rookie vets are called out or cut at finals. I cannot believe finals will be in five months. I hope Samantha and Kinzie are made assistant group leaders if they decide to try out again.

Yeah , the giants is one of three nfl teams with no offical cheerleaders , they have un-offical cheer team called Gotham city dancers they cheer outside the stadium Danielle cheered for them before the jets

Danielle was a GC dancer (2011) after 3 years (2008, 2009, 2010) as a Jets cheerleader.

Edited by MrsEVH

Really ?! why would she go from official to un- official team ?!!

A lot of NFL cheerleading teams have 3 year limits.  I'm not sure if the Jets is one of them.  My team (Patriots) is one with a 3 year tenure limit.  The reason being:  once in a while someone will "let themselves go" a little bit or are past their prime, but there's so much politics and maybe they were a captain or something so they just aren't going to get cut.  Don't get me wrong, most girls do NOT fall under that category, it's only some statistical outliers.  I certainly don't think any of the DCC falls under that category, in fact I think Sydney looks better than ever, but the policy is nice to have as insurance for other teams who aren't the DCC and to keep some level of respect to girls who were great for their organization but have a hard time knowing it's time to move onto the next chapter.  

Edited by ThreaLevelMidnight
  • Love 1

If the 'Boys win tomorrow's game, pending the outcomes of other teams playing, their home playoff game would be on January 11 or 12.

I'm excited! I can't recall a post season game for the Cowboys in a long time. I wonder if the girls will do anything new or special?

Edited by Elizabeth9

Rookie Courtney is on a repeat episode of Say Yes to the Dress Atlanta. Guide says season 6 episode 11. She bought a dress already and her dad didn't like it so she brought him with her this time

So Sydney "selfie" Durso. Not sure what it is about her that is odd. Besides her endless tenure on the team and taking advantage of every trip DCC make....which in essence doesn't allow anyone else a chance to take a trip. I was rewatching one of the old seasons and she was introducing herself as Sid Vicious? Another time when the group was traveling in Korea and singing to Backstreet boys, she is in the bad row looking straight head, not singing. I think it is odd there are no pics of her ever being a bridesmaid at any DCC wedding, she is not Twitter friends with any retired DCC except the Torres sisters. Anyway, all her selfies are enough to make you wonder what she is really like. I know she is a former pageant girl and would be clothing designer. Did she ever go to go college and get involved with other things? I just find her odd

• Love 1

Can't believe you went through her whole following/followers list to find out who she follows on social media in order to write that paragraph. That's dedication. 

• Love 2

To defend sydeny she's best friends with Jenna , paige , Angela , kelsey , Nicole , jordon and the Torres sister she was also close with whitney . she's always the first person to be-friend the rookies and she was the youngest person in her rookie season and she came up in the Cassie kiss-ass era where people kissed her and cassie and her friends snitched on the other girls and she always seemed not to kiss cassie's ass like the rest of the other girls from that era and that one of the main reason i like her and she also said in an interview that she's having more fun now and alot of people think that is because cassie and the kiss asses are gone. she's only 24 she looks great and is an amazing dancer why not stay (i have way more of problem about people who leave and still letch off their DCC days). The sid-vicious thing came from her first Uso tour where as she introduced herself a soldier screamed screamed out sid-vious (The video is on Youtube) i think it's an inside joke. She by the way taught ballet and was a fitness instructor and she has a serious boyfriend.

she has pictures of other people of her instagram page you should it out

http://instagram.com/sydneybdurso

Edited by mmm
  • Love 4

LOL, tell us how you really feel!

Sarah G and Sydney tweet, I follow both, and today they were reminiscing about the last playoff game in '10.

Also, 90% of users on instagram posts non-stop selfies and food pics. Up thread, someone else was complaining about Jenna's selfies..they aren't the exception, Instagram is full of selfies and food pics. Seems like a petty complaint when everyone is doing it.

I've been a bridesmaid, its not a gift- its a BILL!

• Love 1

Snydey BF is Jay Mc Arthur. Kelsi and Brittany are the two DCC who from what I see are the girls with the most friends. I think everyone who photographs with Sydney just do it to kiss up to a group leader. The only two who appear close are Jena and Rookie Countney. The ultimate for me was Her not getting Pro Bowl. It was given to DCC who has never made show group, never travels, just once to London and who after 5 years finally made group leader.

If I looked like any of those girls, I'd probably also post tons of selfies... As conceited as that sounds lol...

Sydney seems to be well liked by her teammates, she doesn't have to be besties with everyone, she might just be someone who rather has a handfull of really good friends than a ton of people in her life... And I agree, she is jung and looks great and there is nothing stopping her from staying on. If she gets to go on a lot of tours or appearances, it's probably because she is good at them and reliable. She worked hard to get to where she is now, her Rookie year she seemed much more like a shy jung girl.

Is Sydney's bf Kathryn Dunn's brother? Or is it the other way around?

Kathryn Dunn was dating Sydney's brother, she used to post double date pictures.  But that was long ago, around the time Kathryn tried out again.

Katy was game day girl and Cowboys won! (The game was nail biting until the last 54 seconds btw) This is technically the last home game of the season but if the Cowboys can pull out two more victories, they will head to the Superbowl as will DCC. Very exciting year to be on the team. :)

• Love 1

I'm Sydney's age and I promise you that most of my peers have hundreds of selfies on Instagram. I also don't see what's wrong with her doing what she loves while she still can. You have no clue about the true dynamics of the DCC relationships, so it's kind of weird to make such a statement. Unless you know them in real life. I think her being allowed on all of these trips and appearances show that she's pretty reliable and held in high regard by the organization and those in charge of it. Also, she has friends. She doesn't need to be besties with everyone as long as they all respect each other and get the job they're paid to do done.

• Love 4

Besides her endless tenure on the team and taking advantage of every trip DCC make....which in essence doesn't allow anyone else a chance to take a trip. 

What do you mean by taking advantage of every trip the DCC makes?  Being able to go on those trips is a perk of being a DCC.  She's been on the team the longest, so naturally she should get first dibs on trips.  It's not a communist organization, not everyone has to be given the exact same perks regardless of how long they've been on the team.  She's been on the team the longest, she's earned it.  She's not stopping anyone else from staying on the team as long as it takes to earn seniority.  They all have the option to put in the time.

• Love 1

So if you were a member of a team and someone always took a spot on one of the trips you don't think that might build some resentment? She obviously has no life. I mean Holly did not go on this last USO which opened a spot for A 2 year vet like a Jinelle. I would just think Syd might take a pass to allow others who work as hard as she does a chance to travel. I get,she,has,seniority and the,perks that come with it. Just wonder why she would feel so entitled to ever give up hr seat for some one else who may never get to go.

• Love 1

She earned being on showgroup for all these years , she re-auditions for it every year . I don't understand she has to give up her earned spot for other people.

• Love 1

Wait, how does Holly not going on USO mean Jinelle got to go? Why Jinelle and not second year show group member Ashley Nicole? Why take only 11 girls instead of the normal 12? I follow most on social and never seen anything that says Holly opted out so a lower vet could go in her place.

Edited by pink317
  • Love 2

Obviously she doesn't give up anything so it's a none issue for Sdy....she takes all that she has earned. I just think might explain why she not closer with the vets as she is with the rookies. Rookies don't know any better. I also wonder if they tv show has a lot to do with her staying on the team. She has got to be earning some thing more than the others. They gave her speaking roles last year.

So if you were a member of a team and someone always took a spot on one of the trips you don't think that might build some resentment? She obviously has no life. I mean Holly did not go on this last USO which opened a spot for A 2 year vet like a Jinelle. I would just think Syd might take a pass to allow others who work as hard as she does a chance to travel. I get,she,has,seniority and the,perks that come with it. Just wonder why she would feel so entitled to ever give up hr seat for some one else who may never get to go.

Isn't that up to Kelly?  If she wanted to give someone else a chance to go, she would make the decision to do that.   It's possible Holly did not go on the trip because of the "publicity" she had around that time, maybe it wasn't her option.

I do remember seeing Holly posting pictures of her and her husband in NYC while the USO tour was going on. Obviously, Kelli and Judy have the final say so on who goes on trips. I am sure if they had a problem about  Sydney or Holly going on a trip or being in Show Group, they would not have been chosen.

So if you were a member of a team and someone always took a spot on one of the trips you don't think that might build some resentment? She obviously has no life.

Just wonder why she would feel so entitled to ever give up hr seat for some one else who may never get to go.

Honestly, I wouldn't give up my seat if I didn't have something way more fun to do. We don't know why Holly didn't go on the tour, to just assume she have her spot to someone else so someone else gets a chance is a little weird. Even if they try to tell us this is a group of girls who would do anything for each other, I think its a little mean to expect someone to give up traveling the world if they have the opportunity. I know if I worked hard and got told I was chosen, I wouldn't give it up for anyone. It's a privelige to be chosen. I guess chosing the most senior girls is probably also supposed to motivate the new girls.

• Love 1

Again, I just bring up these points because I find Sydney odd...just based on Twitter and Instagram photos she seems to be left out. She has earned the right to travel and not do the Walmart openings. It is just that with her never retiring I wondered if it Her DCC resent her continuing to take a spot after a while.

She obviously has no life.

IDK how this is obvious.  It seems like she has a very full life, maybe totally DCC-centric, but maybe not.  Maybe she just chooses to keep other areas of her life private.  And if dance is her passion, than staying involved in DCC seems like a great way to fulfill her passion. Its probably a lot more fun than teaching dance classes (which I do think she does or did at one point). 

It does seem like she is not as close with as many DCCs as some others, but I think she is best friends with Jenna and close with others.  Maybe she is just more introverted than many of the other DCCs and doesn't connect with them on a personal, best friend level, but still enjoys being on the team.  That doesn't necessarily make her weird.

Kelli and Judy determine who is going on the tour so if they thought Sydney's time was up, they wouldn't ask her.  It is not up to Sydney to determine who should go on the trips. 

she came up in the Cassie kiss-ass era where people kissed her and cassie and her friends snitched on the other girls

This is an interesting theory.  It did seem a little more “mean girl” during that period when Sydney was starting.  I think the girls she started out as friends with didn’t stay on the team very long like Jordyn Ketchum, Jennifer McMahon, and Amy Reese.  Not that we could really know, but the girls on the team now all seem like pretty nice people so maybe she is more comfortable now. 

Edited by iloveit
  • Love 1

Hope you dont feel attacked. You dont have to like Sydney, nor do you need a reason. Some people just rub us the wrong way (have experienced this in real life). But, the main points of contention are not exclusive to Sydney. Like in sorority (of which DCC draws a great deal of traditions), all upper "classmen" are virtually golden skaters, and most DCC were in sorority and should be very well aware of this type of organization.

Speaking of being left out, I often see Breelan, Ashley and Melissa and sometimes Mary on Instagram pictures with vets, but some like Victoria seem more left out. Not necessarily in a bad way, but I do find myself forgetting about those rookies sometimes. Especially Victoria as she was also hardly seen on the show. Some of them might just not be great fans of Social media, but I find it kind of sad, I always feel kind of bad for those girls who make it back onto the team and people are like 'oh yeah, I had completely forgotten about her'. And Kelly does care about what an individual girl bring's to the team, like when Colin was cut (she was a fun bubbly addition) or Morgan (lockerroom favorite).

I have to chime in on Sydney....I know I've said it before, but something just SEEMS off with her (meaning this is only based on we get get to see thru the show & social media). I would totally stay on the team if I was her, it was the whole she didn't seem to be friends with any of the vets and I took her always being bffs with rookies as her trying to cling on bc they are not going to not be her friend....does that make sense? I honestly didn't think her & Jenna would still be bffs, I figured it would be a newer dcc by now.