Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, SandyToes said:

The puppy case is kind of a good one:  JJ makes Byrd take custody of him during the trial, knowing in advance how things will probably shake out, and he holds it nearly at arms length, reminding Judy to "Hurry up! I don't like dogs!"  Hee!   And then the puppy schmoozes all over him.  Pretty cute.   I hope Byrd took him home.  (Boy we surely do need a "Where are they now?" follow up show!)

There was a dog park/dog bite case later on, that wasn't too bad, and at one point the little Yorkie starts yapping, and her owner tries to shush her.  Judy cracks up - guess the pup's trying to terrorize the camera guy going in for a close up.  Dad pipes up, "Does this mean we lose the case?" Double Hee!  Pup is fine, mom gets a lecture about taking a teeny dog into the BIG DOG side of the park.

As salty as JJ can be about pretty much everything, it's really obvious that she has a lot of affection for most dogs. It was so cute seeing her smile at the pups in today's cases.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Brattinella said:

Terror Hughes (real name)

I had to rewind the DVR and make sure I read that name right the first time because I thought for sure I had mistaken "Terror" for "Terry." Clearly, her mother hated her. I Google'd her (naturally) knowing that name wouldn't be hard to find. Anyone want to guess what she does for a living? Nope! Because you all already know: "health care aide." 

The puppy was probably that skinny because it's riddled with intestinal parasites. How it didn't get parvo or leptospirosis is just a matter of sheer luck. And what kind of mutant gives a puppy milk to drink?! Both the appropriately-named Plaintiff and her slack-jawed daughter should be banned from ever owning another living thing ever -- and that includes children because every mother in their entire family has been an abysmal failure.

I had to call my mom when I saw "Terror" because we've pretty much been in agreement that she had seen the worst name for a baby: "Vendetta."  (Although, to be fair, they spelled it Vindetta---like that made a difference.).  I think Vindetta has been replaced by "Terror" as Worst. Name. Ever.  SO glad JJ seized Mocha from both idiots.  Byrd was trying to stay strong but he had to be won over by that sweet face and those licks!  Adorbs.  

• Love 9

I am not a dog owner, but I enjoy other people's doggies.  I never wanted to have a dog UNTI I SAW MOCHA!!!!  OMG I have never sqeeed so much in my life (and I saw NKOTB when I was 8).  Thank goodness JJ had the sense to put that adoreable puppy in Byrd's hands while she dealt with the litigants.  Not only were they too stupid to be pet parents, I have serious concerns for Idiot Jr's ability to care for her 3 small human children.  And was English a 2nd language for Idiot Sr.?  Or made it was just a speech impediment? She was difficult to understand.

And finally, "Terror"? Really? I wonder if her mom was still half unconcious when she had to fill out that birth certificate.  Or illiterate and she meant to spell Tresor or Trenna or Torinna or Terri or Tenor or anything else starting with "T" that wouldn't get the kid bullied every damn day.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

Thank goodness JJ had the sense to put that adoreable puppy in Byrd's hands while she dealt with the litigants. 

I pretty much figure any time she asks Byrd to hand her the item in dispute (jewelry, etc.), the item is NOT going back to the person who brought it into the courtroom.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

The puppy was probably that skinny because it's riddled with intestinal parasites. How it didn't get parvo or leptospirosis is just a matter of sheer luck. And what kind of mutant gives a puppy milk to drink?! Both the appropriately-named Plaintiff and her slack-jawed daughter should be banned from ever owning another living thing ever -- and that includes children because every mother in their entire family has been an abysmal failure.

Someone else who needs to be looked at is the breeder... obviously not a reputable breeder.  I mean, whoever plaintiff bought the puppy from should have had the puppies see a vet before the sale... but selling puppies at 4 weeks!?! Hopefully plaintiff had that wrong, as the passage of time seemed to be a difficult concept for her to grasp. But, four weeks? I can't think of a good reason to sell puppies that young. Even if momma dog turned out to be a terrible mom,  neglecting, hurting the pups or maybe not producing enough milk, I can't see selling the puppies. Foster? Yeah, if momma's owner is having trouble taking care of the wee little ones.... but selling puippies to plaintiff who ends up reselling the puppies a couple weeks later? Heck, if plaintiff had the timeline close to right, puppy was still too young to be separated from momma when defendant started locking it in a cage all day... should have still been getting multiple feedings a day, playtime, socialization, exercise, etc... NOT LOCKED ALONE IN A CAGE ALL DAY!

Ah, poor puppy! No wonder JJ noticed how skinny pup is, as these idiots have no clue on how to care for it. (And one of the idiots has three small children she's raising.) Be nice to hear a follow up and know pup ended up in good home.

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I pretty much figure any time she asks Byrd to hand her the item in dispute (jewelry, etc.), the item is NOT going back to the person who brought it into the courtroom.

Agreed! Another one yesterday (new? rerun? don't remember) about an engagement ring.  Byrd gets the ring from female def.  Ultimately, it goes back to plaintiff (jilted gentleman looking very dapper in a bright red suit).  As Byrd hands it over, idiot defendant spouts: "I'd like my ring back, please!"  Um, Sweetie, Judy just gave it back to him! Admire her asking so politely, though.

• Love 10

Actually, I was really glad that the mom/aunt sued over the puppy when she did.  Any longer and the puppy may have died from malnourishment.  Neither of the women were feeding the puppy anything appropriate; added onto that was the lack of puppy shots.  However, many people who show up on the court shows over dog ownership issues neglect vet visits and shots for their puppies/dogs.  It is just so sad.  I would LOVE an update as to who ended up getting this adorable pup!

It makes my blood boil to see the endless parade of litigants who endeavor to take advantage of others rather than go out and....wait for it....get a job so that they can support themselves.  The Minnesota case involving the woman who used a restraining order to force out the man who was actually paying for the house was such a classic example of this.  So glad that JJ saw through her weepy "he just became weird so I called 911 three times..." to justify her actions.  As JJ said, if you're scared of the man with whom you live in HIS home, then find someplace else to live.  They weren't even together that long before she pulled this.  I was baffled though at the man going back to her, unless that was an attempt to just get back into his own home.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Actually, I was really glad that the mom/aunt sued over the puppy when she did.  Any longer and the puppy may have died from malnourishment.  Neither of the women were feeding the puppy anything appropriate; added onto that was the lack of puppy shots.  However, many people who show up on the court shows over dog ownership issues neglect vet visits and shots for their puppies/dogs.  It is just so sad.  I would LOVE an update as to who ended up getting this adorable pup!

I posted the request for an update on Judge Judy's Facebook page.  Will let you know if I find out anything.

• Love 10

I would take Mocha in a heartbeat; such an adorable pooch!  And I think Byrd was being facetious about not liking dogs.  He cuddled that little pup very closely.

58 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

Anyone know what type of dog Mocha was?  Mr. Funky was smitten.  We can't have a dog right now, but for future reference.

I think he may have been a German Shepherd puppy.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

I would take Mocha in a heartbeat; such an adorable pooch!  And I think Byrd was being facetious about not liking dogs.  He cuddled that little pup very closely.

I thought they said it was a smaller breed.  Even at 4 months, a German Shepherd would have been bigger, wouldn't it?

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Brattinella said:
1 hour ago, funky-rat said:

Anyone know what type of dog Mocha was?  Mr. Funky was smitten.  We can't have a dog right now, but for future reference.

They said it was a Pomeranian, but maybe a mix?  Didn't look like the Pom's I knew growing up

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SandyToes said:

As Byrd hands it over, idiot defendant spouts: "I'd like my ring back, please!"  Um, Sweetie, Judy just gave it back to him! Admire her asking so politely, though.

Did anybody else keep getting distracted by the defendant's lopsided weave? Instead of being on top of her head, it was a little to the left, and I kept waiting for it to slide off onto the floor or something. Distracting!

• Love 11
2 hours ago, SandyToes said:
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Agreed! Another one yesterday (new? rerun? don't remember) about an engagement ring.  Byrd gets the ring from female def.  Ultimately, it goes back to plaintiff (jilted gentleman looking very dapper in a bright red suit).  As Byrd hands it over, idiot defendant spouts: "I'd like my ring back, please!"  Um, Sweetie, Judy just gave it back to him! Admire her asking so politely, though.

That red suit was all kinds of fly.  But wait!  Did y'all check the hallway interview where Defendant claimed that the relationship went off the rails when Plaintiff "came out of the bedroom in a red nightgown and started twerking."  Record scratch!  Whaaaa?!!    Red must be his signature color! :-)

• Love 13

Pretty sure that puppy was a Pom mix of some sort.  Poor baby!  Hope we can get an update.  I also wanted to mention how the ungrateful, entitle bitch of a niece in one of this weeks cases, needed to be kicked in the ass down the highway for about a 1,000 miles.  Aunt lost her job and is asking them (niece and her hubby) to finally repay what they owe (they had paid some of it back) ...what a nerve!  (/sarcasm) Niece never wants to see her again.  I bet the Aunt is pretty happy about that!

Edited by AlleC17
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, AlleC17 said:

Pretty sure that puppy was a Pom mix of some sort.  Poor baby!  Hope we can get an update.  I also wanted to mention how the ungrateful, entitle bitch of a niece in one of this weeks cases, needed to be kicked in the ass down the highway for about a 1,000 miles.  Aunt lost her job and is asking them (niece and her hubby) to finally repay what they owe (they had paid some of it back) ...what a nerve!  (/sarcasm) Niece never wants to see her again.  I bet the Aunt is pretty happy about that!

And niece has four kids that Byrd is probably supporting. 

• Love 7
16 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I  skipped the puppy case, but just watched Toni Meadows vs. poor little Mr. Peepers, I mean Mr. Gustafson. Toni is a beast who looks like a big strong man in drag. I just know she could take her erstwhile paramour in two falls out of three. 

Interesting case of beauty being in the eye of the beholder, I thought she was gorgeous! Psycho, true---but still gorgeous in a Viking goddess kind of way.

Loved the puppy kissing Byrd! I definitely need a follow up.

I believe the official breed of the puppy is "American Mutt."

• Love 3
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I thought they said it was a smaller breed.  Even at 4 months, a German Shepherd would have been bigger, wouldn't it?

Your basic $300 backyard breeder Pomeranian.  I doubt it is 100% pure Pom.

Cute as pie though..

Wouldn't be shocked if JJ took it herself or for one of her children.  I hope she does the same thing in future cases. Most times the plaintiffs only want the money anyway. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 5

That little puppy was sweet as pie, hanging out in Byrd's arms and melting his icy heart one kiss at a time. The litigants were neglectful dumbasses, but the verdict in the case--JJ essentially saying "MINE NOW"--was almost as delightful to me as the legend of Baby Boy. 

TBH it would be great if JJ could yank children away from heinous parents as easily. 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

Wouldn't be shocked if JJ took it herself or for one of her children.  I hope she does the same thing in future cases. Most times the plaintiffs only want the money anyway. 

48 minutes ago, pagooey said:

TBH it would be great if JJ could yank children away from heinous parents as easily. 

And I'd be willing to bet half the people we see on this show would take the money for the kids, too.   Grrrrrr.... 

And did anyone else have a sense of de je vu today??  Another "equitable distribution" of a house case (complete with restraining orders!), but his poor guy is really stuck in it since he graciously/stupidly put her name on the title.   Is there a website these gals learn this from?!  Or a book?!  Jeepers!

• Love 3

I always knew I was in trouble when my mother middle named me.  But she never FirstNameLastNamed me like Shaneequa Williams' mom did today.   Mama Williams was pissed, never called her by her first name or "my daughter".  And she was 41?????   Damn, raising Shaneequa Williams really ages a person.  

• Love 13

Meat headed Jesse Jr. puts the name of his live-in squeeze, the brutal, mouthy, violent def (hey, he picked her!) on the deed and then she gets him tossed from the house he paid for by filing a restraining order. She was going to "warsh" her clothes and caught him with her daughter behind the door or some such shit. Yuck yuck. I don't even want to know and luckily JJ tossed her - "Get out!" before we could hear the nasty, vile details. Good luck to Jesse Jr. He wanted to play house and "Let's pretend we're married and put stuff in both our names" so tough luck for him. It certainly isn't over and by the time the badger-like def is done, Jesse Jr will be lucky to have a car to live in.

Yet another smother-mother (single mom I"m sure, since all these prom dress kerfuffle moms always are) who wants her daughter to go to the prom in a custom-made, super-lowcut, skin-tight burlesque queen dress and doesn't get what she wants. Daughter thinks dress is fine but mom is "devastated" when she sees it. Devastated over a high school dance dress! Did she have to see a shrink and take Ativan like the last prom-mom? Have to note that mom looked like she had her makeup done by someone working in the "Real Doll" factory. She doesn't get her money and pitches a hissy: "This isn't fair. I'm going to another court!" Maybe the supreme court? JJ wishes her good luck with that. Really, though - if my daughter is graduating high school at 19 years old, I'd be worried about something other than that her damned dress wasn't revealing enough.

• Love 15

I have worked in dog rescue for 14 years officially but have always been tuned to the problem and worked it.  I cried tears of joy.  Judy is a HUGE dog lover as was evident. What a heart warming episode.  So many are not. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Brattinella said:

Oh, Angela, you are the joy in my evenings!

I know you won't believe this, but I'm actually a really nice person IRL. XD

2 minutes ago, Quof said:

Dalliyah (yes really)

So many mothers naming their daughters using phonetic spelling: "Dall-i-yah! That must be it!" Either that or they want to be "different." Britni, Gennifur, Brandye - gimme a break. It sounds like mom can't spell, or she bought a new version of the "Trailer Trash Baby Naming" book.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

So many mothers naming their daughters using phonetic spelling: "Dall-i-yah! That must be it!" Either that or they want to be "different." Britni, Gennifur, Brandye - gimme a break. It sounds like mom can't spell, or she bought a new version of the "Trailer Trash Baby Naming" book.

Makes me nuts. Krystal, Braedyn, Cyndee....I will stop now.  I could go on.  

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, VartanFan said:

Oh, Prom Mom.  She’s far too good to have her daughter wearing the dress...but she’ll draw her eyebrows on using elbow macaroni as a template.  

Love that the daughter sunk the whole case.  

Yep, court as income and Judy always sees that, of course. 

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I can't remember where, but I saw the name "Jhett".  Pronounced JET.  That's right, parents, condemn your kid to a lifetime of spelling their name out loud.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Yep, court as income and Judy always sees that, of course. 

That's why she told Mom to STFU and stop elbowing Dall-i-yah. She knew daughter wasn't bright enough to make up lies on the spot so zeroed in on her.

ETA: This?

...but she’ll draw her eyebrows on using elbow macaroni as a template.

Damn you! Now I have Lay's Barbeque chip crumbs all over my desk.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

wants her daughter to go to the prom in a custom-made, super-lowcut, skin-tight burlesque queen dress and doesn't get what she wants.

I don't get how the seamstress wound up making a dress that looked so dramatically different from the pictures she was given. There's no way the lady decided, "Oh, hey...let me add some sleeves and a less-plunging neckline than these other ones" on her own. Macaroni-eyebrow Mom surely had some hand in designing that final product. Frankly, besides the Happy Hands at Home crafting work and less-than-stretchy-material chosen, I didn't see much wrong with that dress that some accessorizing and some Hollywood Tape wouldn't fix. I thought it wasn't as nearly as awful as JJ did. Also, if you're spending $400 on a dress, why not just, buy the one you want off the rack?!  There are plenty of websites that sell those prom dresses direct from China for only a couple hundred dollars. 

I also laughed when the mother bitched about how it didn't fit and how her daughter wouldn't have "had a prom" if she had to wear that dress. For someone who professed to be so particular about fit, she certainly didn't seem overly concerned she was wearing a suit jacket three sizes too small and whose button looked like it was going to pop off any minute from the strain and fly across the room and ding JJ in her eye. 

Edited by Guest

Seamstress Defendant had texts that showed a conversation in which Prom Girl asked that the top be made with fabric rather than lace, so of course it looked nothing like the photos.  

Can anyone picture Prom Girl being a live wire on the dance floor?  Girl was dead behind the eyes, I'm surprised she had the energy to stand up (slouched though it was). 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Giant Misfit said:

Macaroni-eyebrow Mom

This will never get old.

Also, if you're spending $400 on a dress, why not just, buy the one you want off the rack?! 

That's what I thought the entire time!

and how her daughter wouldn't have "had a prom" if she had to wear that dress.

And is not going to the prom really that earth-shattering? Fast Forward: At the next family reunion, a bunch of old ladies gather in a circle. "Did you hear? Dalliyah didn't go to the prom!" And everyone's macaroni eyebrows raise to high Heaven in shock! Her life is ruined! 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Also, if you're spending $400 on a dress, why not just, buy the one you want off the rack?!  

One of my very good friends spent $850 (that is not a typo, $850!) on her daughter's prom gown this past May.  Her daughter saw some fashions on Instagram from a local designer and insisted she had to have a dress from him.  And it was a PLUNGING neckline garment that belonged on Rihanna or J-Lo--not some 18 year old prom go-er.  Times have changed, y'all.

• Love 4

She was going to "warsh" her clothes

Had to be from Baltimore.  Only in Charm City do they say, "warsh."

The garish colors in the prom dress case were hurting my peepers.  Between the mother's suit; the prom dress itself; and the seamstress' outfit, I could barely watch.  Seamstress did have nice dimples, though.

Edited by Sarcastico
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

One of my very good friends spent $850 (that is not a typo, $850!) on her daughter's prom gown this past May.  Her daughter saw some fashions on Instagram from a local designer and insisted she had to have a dress from him.  And it was a PLUNGING neckline garment that belonged on Rihanna or J-Lo--not some 18 year old prom go-er.  Times have changed, y'all

We would see this at the junior high for the 8th grade dance every year.  The girls checked out of school at 10:00, went for spray tans, teeth whitening, and then to the salon for mani-pedis and HUGE elaborate up-dos.  Arrived in limos.  The girls looked fabulous!  Dresses slit down to there, up to there, backless, bra-less fabulousness. Until you realized they were 13 and 14.  And had braces.  My daughter's school, on the other hand, sent out notes saying limos, tuxes, long dresses would be turned away at the door.  And they were! She wore a sparkly top, a short, swishy black skirt, all purchased in the junior dept.  Looked gorgeous.   And 14.

I was always campaigning for more appropriate "guidelines," but was told that since many students won't make it to high school prom (being home raising babies, or just not in school), this was their only time to experience it.  Huh?! And I guess that's why there were so many babies born 9 months after prom:  If you've already done the limo and fancy dress thing, what's left to make real prom "special?"  Hmmmmm.....     /soapbox.

I did enjoy prom mom continually elbowing daughter. Gee, like no one would notice that!    Macaroni eyebrows and zinging buttons!  You guys are the best!! 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Oh, come on! Get real.  Would Taylor Swift wear a dress off the rack to the Grammys? Would Scarlett Johansson wear one  to the Oscars? Of course not, and you can't expect some high school girls to go that route for a dance in a gymnasium. Oh, wait - do they still have dances in the gym or do they rent the grand ballroom at a 5-star hotel now? I'm living in the past.

• Love 7

I was born and raised in Washington DC (in the city, not suburbs or Georgetown) and I have been asked why I pronounce Washington as if it had an "r" in it. I don't hear that myself, but would argue that as a genuine native of the city, my pronunciation must be correct LOL. Maybe it is a DC - Baltimore thing?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Sarcastico said:

This brings to mind a particular Nun in elementary school who would say, "Our first President was not George Warshington."

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DoctorK said:

I have been asked why I pronounce Washington as if it had an "r" in it. I don't hear that myself

Funny how that works. I don't hear my own Canuck accent ("Accent? I don't have an accent!") but when watching Canadians on any TV show I hear it instantly. It's glaring then and makes me cringe and try not to say"Aboat" for "about."

• Love 2

Another bloody case of a mother being overdramatic about an allegedly unsatisfying prom dress. As usual a combination of unrealistic expectations, a bargain-basement budget to copy a higher-end overpriced model, requiring material that may be unsuitable, not to mention changing some of the requirements after the order has been placed. Why are those mothers so much invested in these situations? Were I prone to dime-store pop psychology, I would propose that they may be trying to live their prom dreams through their daughters, perhaps because they never had the one they wanted. They have bought, as so many teen girls, into the fantasy of the Perfect Princess Prom that pop culture and the media have been selling, which leads to these ridiculous extravaganzas where everyone seems to compete for the crown of bad taste and excess.

• Love 9