Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Little Spoon confirms it. We are watching too much Judge Judy.  Wonder if there's a JJ Anonymous group nearby? (And I mean absolutely NO disrespect to the real groups - they do awesomee things!)

Welcome to the craziness, LS and MuddyWaters! Hope to hear more from you! And what fortuitous timing, MW! Wow.  I don't recall the case, so hope you'l share details.

THIS is what Judy doesn't have in HER America??

JJ 's refusal to deal with common law marriage is just another example of her making rulings based on her personal views. Over on TPC, MM tell us that the law/code/rules change from place to place, but JJ goes by how she views the world. Something else that doesn't exist in JJ's world are cell phones. Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 4

JJ 's refusal to deal with common law marriage is just another example of her making rulings based on her personal views. Over on TPC, MM tell us that the law/code/rules change from place to place, but JJ goes by how she views the world. Something else that doesn't exist in JJ's world are cell phones.

Or disability payments, or Craigslist, or tablet computers.

• Love 5

Wikipedia says common law marriage is legal in nine states and the District of Columbia, and recognized in certain circumstances in two others.

I can vouch for Iowa.  In my last job, I worked in HR and I "married" several couples so that the non-employee spouse would qualify for medical benefits.  The couple signed a form attesting that they considered themselves to be married, and that was it.  If they split up later, they had to go to court and get a standard divorce. 

Common law marriage is less common than I believe most people know. I think Judge Judy was speaking in a kind of judicial shorthand when she said they don't exist anymore.

My husband's cousin casually referenced her live in boyfriend of many years as her "husband". I was surprised and said "oh, I didn't know you guys had gotten married. Congratulations!" The cousin looked a little blankly at me and said "well, you know, common law spouses." I said "New York doesn't have common law marriages anymore, hasn't for many decades." Then it was her turn to look surprised. I wasn't trying to be snarky, I was really surprised.

I think many more people assume it exists in their states and Judge Judy (and others) get tired of saying "It exists in a very few states, unless you lived there a certain amount of time (which varies by state) and fulfilled a fixed set of circumstances (which also vary by state) then you aren't common law spouses."

• Love 3

Wikipedia says common law marriage is legal in nine states and the District of Columbia, and recognized in certain circumstances in two others.

As JJ would say, Rick Kitchen, are you a lawyer? Did you go to law school?

They don't keep her there cuz she's beautiful, y'know!

• Love 3

But wait, didn't she use her financial aid for tuition on a car? And she had the Lincoln Towncar to get to class, right?

Oh hells to the NAW! Her SUPERB financial aid. Apparently it's only SUPERB because she can use it to pay for her hoopty Audi and after that SOMEBODY'S got to pay for her SUPERB Audi's tranny or for her to go to school. Oye, the self of entitlement of that twit. . . I just wanted to snatch whatever hair situation she had going right off her scalp. 

Or .... tablet computers.

I'm with JJ on this one. People are frigging attached to their Ipads/tablets. Who's going to leave something like that behind when they leave? I have an old school Ipad that's the size of large hardback book and I would have stuffed that thing in my purse if I had to vacate. Likewise my laptop would come with me. And who's buying those cheap a$$ Walmart laptops with teensy memories that are all the rage on Black Friday? My guess is the JJ crowd, who then are trying to pass them off as $1000 laptops. 

• Love 5

Nitwit Shiraaz schooling JJ on the law.  "It's not legal!" "That's not fair!"   What an entitled, obnoxious, rude, UNINSURED brat. I need to keep a supply of shoes at the ready to throw at the tv for cases like this.

• Love 4

The pellet gun guy with the pink shirt was celebrating about being "famous" on his Facebook page today.  Lots of his friends commented on the show, and one of them said, "At least you didn't snitch."  Does that mean somebody else really did shoot the woman? He also said the plaintiff lied her ass off, but that he did send her a text when he was drunk telling her he did it.

He also posted a picture of a card he got from the show letting him know when his show would air; the card said that they are not responsible for schedule changes, and he should set a DVR if he wants a copy, because the show makes no copies available under any circumstances.

His facebook page talking about the experience is dated January 21.  They don't waste time getting shows on the air.

• Love 6

Oh, MY!  Jiggling, tattooed titties!

Honest to God, was coming here to post EXACTLY this!!  ha!  Get out of my head, Brattinella!  

My computer is so mucked up. Forced to use Internet Explorer today, and it won't let me quote.  Argh.

Lovely (not!) tenant squatters in the first case. Hallterview explained sooooo much. And the landlord will have to go back to court AGAIN to collect any $$ from these yahoos.  Sorry he didn't do it here, because even if he wins, I bet he gets $0.00.

Loved the return of the giant flyswatter in this morning's rerun.  And what I at first thought was a tiara!  But no, just a hairband. Darn.

• Love 2

I couldn't get past Shot-in-the-Leg Camper Girl's colour palette. Between the purple shirt, the burgundy hair, the violet eye makeup and the berry blush, she looked like Barney.  Or a California Raisin.

• Love 8

Between the purple shirt, the burgundy hair, the violet eye makeup and the berry blush, she looked like Barney.

The berry blush contrasted nicely with the white neck and chest.  I wanted to beat the shit out of Pellet Gun boy, a 24 year old man who thinks shooting animals makes him some kind of hero. Congratulations, you ugly, stupid looking shit. Ugh.

Even more I hated the grinning dog groomer bitch, who thinks her friend could afford to give her a $5,000 gift, just because. Hard times, sure, but she didn't go hungry. Nope, she cheerfully declares, she didn't pay back one cent because of the "negativity? and aggressiveness" of the person she shafted. She's negative because you're an amoral deadbeat! Shameful behavior.

Squatters: Twenty five year old goofball has his shortass, Howdy Doody looking daddy there to fight his battles for him. I don't understand why the def. didn't file a counterclaim and get at least some money back.

I wonder why "crap" was bleeped, when they've allowed JJ to say "bitch" and "slut"? Maybe the person editing that day was some sort of prude. "Crap"?? JJ has said that word before. What's wrong with that?

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 2

I couldn't get past Shot-in-the-Leg Camper Girl's colour palette. Between the purple shirt, the burgundy hair, the violet eye makeup and the berry blush, she looked like Barney.  Or a California Raisin.

Between that and the defendant's neon shirt, I actually thought there was something wrong with my TV when I first started the recording.

The father/son squatters helped cement my decision to never become a landlord, ever. A judge (at a second court appearance) told them to get out in November, it was January at the time of the airing, they haven't paid anything since September, and I bet they're still there. The defendant could set of a nuclear bomb in the place and I bet he still wouldn't be rid of them. Cockroaches.

• Love 6

Even more I hated the grinning dog groomer bitch, who thinks her friend could afford to give her a $5,000 gift, just because. Hard times, sure, but she didn't go hungry. Nope, she cheerfully declares, she didn't pay back one cent because of the "negativity? and aggressiveness" of the person she shafted. She's negative because you're an amoral deadbeat! Shameful behavior.

Unless I missed something, her only defense seemed to be that plaintiff didn't come after her for the money until the friendship ended.

Squatters: Twenty five year old goofball has his shortass, Howdy Doody looking daddy there to fight his battles for him. I don't understand why the def. didn't file a counterclaim and get at least some money back.

My brother owns rental property in that county. I'm going to have to ask him if he has to go through some weird process to get rid of bad tenants. Sounded like the defendant said he had to go through one hearing to get them out, then come back to court again for back rent.
  • Love 4

Nitwit Shiraaz schooling JJ on the law.  "It's not legal!" "That's not fair!"   What an entitled, obnoxious, rude, UNINSURED brat. I need to keep a supply of shoes at the ready to throw at the tv for cases like this.

Shiraaz was almost unbelievable.  Had she really gone eighteen years in life without anyone ever standing up to her or setting her straight?  I don't  think I've ever seen such entitlement.

• Love 4

It looks like the mod wiped out all of those pages of social discussion we were having.  I guess waaaay too OTT.  

Did anyone get the episode where this really young naive girl was suing to get back her used car that she surrendered to the Defendants because her parking tickets went to them? If she was so naive that she turned over her 2k car for $250.00 worth of tickets, how was she smart enough to know to sue? Also, the defendant's wife had really ugly chest and arm tattoos.  They looked like someone wiped mud all over her. 

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 1

Did anyone else get deja vu while watching the case with Catherine Stuckey, she of the dead chickens named after TV and movie heroines?  I swear her face and her calm and whispery voice have been on some other TV judge show.

The heavyset couple with the chickens. Katniss, Buffy, Lara Croft...why are all their chickens named after femme fatales?

Well, I think this couple was a little strange, but they had their PET chickens, and this neighbor dog repeatedly killed them.  Defendant obviously doesn't give a shit, as they are "only chickens" to her.  And what the hell was the deal with the defendant's witness?  Getting all indignant with JJ "I have a six year old son, your honor!"  So??

• Love 5

Omg the woman in the moving/truck damage case talked faster than me and that's hard to do.

Seriously, that woman was on MUCHO METH.  Chewing her tongue, scratching her face, and speaking WAY too fast!  Why didn't JJ catch on to that??

• Love 4

In the damaged truck case, both of them were lying liars who lie.  The boyfriend had to know she wanted the truck to move her mother's stuff, and Miss Fast Talker saying she didn't do the damage was ridiculous. 

It was unfair of JJ not to consider the higher damage estimate.  The damage wasn't under the truck -- it was plainly visible, a big dent, and paint scratched down to the metal on both sides.  It doesn't matter how old that truck was.  The guy bought it new and took care of it for ten years.  Book value was $15K -- not chump change.  Insurance companies consider more than a vehicle's age when determining value.  They'll look at mileage and how well the vehicle was cared for. 

In JJ's world, when a vehicle gets old, well, you might as well scrap it because it's not worth anything.  It gets you where you want to go, safely -- that's what matters.

ETA: Left out a word.

Edited by AuntiePam
  • Love 8

Well, I think this couple was a little strange, but they had their PET chickens, and this neighbor dog repeatedly killed them.  Defendant obviously doesn't give a shit, as they are "only chickens" to her.  And what the hell was the deal with the defendant's witness?  Getting all indignant with JJ "I have a six year old son, your honor!"  So??

I think defendant must have had a countersuit for harrassment, which JJ didn't want to hear. As JJ was getting ready to make her exit the defendant started waving around pictures of her dog, and the witness daughter got up and wanted her say. Looks like neither side is ready for this to be over.

I know some people have chickens as pets, and there's even a site where you can buy diapers and a harness for your pet chickens

http://www.mypetchicken.com/catalog/Diapers-and-Saddles-c43.aspx

According to the plaintiffs, there are other chicken owners in the neighborhood.

• Love 2

Woman with chicken-killing dog: There's something wrong with her noodle and something wrong with her daughter, the giant Betty Boop. I don't have chickens as pets, but apparently people who do like them just as much as I like my pets and certainly don't want to see them ripped apart because their neighbour is a ditzty, irresponsible asshole. At least we haven't broken the record for "All dog owners who appear on JJ are way too dumb to have any pet."

A word in defense of the dog - a dog can be the world's sweetest pet, but chickens are prey and dogs are predators doing what comes naturally. As usual it's the humans who are to blame.

Preview for tomorrow? "I didn't know she didn't have a driver's license until I started dating her husband." Very promising!

• Love 10

In the damaged truck case, both of them were lying liars who lie.  The boyfriend had to know she wanted the truck to move her mother's stuff, and Miss Fast Talker saying she didn't do the damage was ridiculous. 

It was unfair of JJ not to consider the higher damage estimate.  The damage wasn't under the truck -- it was plainly visible, a big dent, and paint scratched down to the metal on both sides.  It doesn't matter how old that truck was.  The guy bought it new and took care of it for ten years.  Book value was $15K -- not chump change.  Insurance companies consider more than a vehicle's age when determining value.  They'll look at mileage and how well the vehicle was cared for. 

In JJ's world, when a vehicle gets old, well, you might as well scrap it because it's not worth anything.  It gets you where you want to go, safely -- that's what matters.

ETA: Left out a word.

Wow, I'm exhausted just listening to the defendant.

Course they could have edited it out, but from what we saw there was no way Byrd could have found the value. All we heard in testimony was 2007 GMC pickup. From the pictures we know it was 4x4, but nothing else. What size truck, 1500, 2500, 3500? What size engine (gas or diesel), cab, transmission, etc? The answers to these questions could triple the Kelly blue book.

But, like you said, I don't believe either side.

• Love 3

Classic repeat from 2012: Detroit Towing Scam.  Canadian RN who works at a Detroit hospital, drove her rented car to a local cafe for lunch. Towing vultures in parking lot tow her car. Chief vulture claims RN illegally parked her car in the lot in the morning. BUT the RN had her time card for that day, the print out from the hospital garage showing the time she swiped in and swiped out that day. In other words she had relevant evidence to show JJ, not some crap like her time card from last week or some other nonsense the typical JJ litigant brings.

JJ awarded her $1500.

• Love 8

THE CHICKENS' NAMES WERE KATNISS, LEIA, LARA CROFT, AND BUFFY.

I REPEAT, PEOPLE NAMED THEIR CHICKENS KATNISS, LEIA, LARA CROFT, AND BUFFY.

I'm dying over here. Seriously, that made my whole day.

I'm pretty sure they said there were eight chickens altogether? I'm trying to figure out what the remaining four would be. I'd bet money that one of them is named Hermione. River Song, maybe? Uhura? Irene Adler?

• Love 8

Ooh! I like to read bad fanfic (Yah, it's my thing. Leave it alone) Anyway, one of the "writers" uses the name "Peenislover."  I was all like, basically, "WTF?" until she explained it's from her fave "Hunger Games"(which I've never seen) characters named Peeta and Katniss. Just had to throw it out there that a chicken named "Katniss" doesn't seem so bad now, right?

• Love 2

Ooh! I like to read bad fanfic (Yah, it's my thing. Leave it alone) Anyway, one of the "writers" uses the name "Peenislover."  I was all like, basically, "WTF?" until she explained it's from her fave "Hunger Games"(which I've never seen) characters named Peeta and Katniss. Just had to throw it out there that a chicken named "Katniss" doesn't seem so bad now, right?

I've always said the shipper name should either be Peenis or KatPee.

• Love 5

I REPEAT, PEOPLE NAMED THEIR CHICKENS KATNISS, LEIA, LARA CROFT, AND BUFFY.

I'm dying over here. Seriously, that made my whole day.

I'm in awe of the folks in that gallery. I was in hysterics at the names, and they all appeared cool as cucumbers.

• Love 3

Seriously, that woman was on MUCHO METH. Chewing her tongue, scratching her face, and speaking WAY too fast! Why didn't JJ catch on to that??

Oh yeah, definitely. And I usually have a very good ear for accents, inflections and languages in addition to English, but I swear to God, I couldn't understand most of what that woman said. What a lovely couple!

Well, I think this couple was a little strange, but they had their PET chickens, and this neighbor dog repeatedly killed them. Defendant obviously doesn't give a shit, as they are "only chickens" to her. And what the hell was the deal with the defendant's witness? Getting all indignant with JJ "I have a six year old son, your honor!" So??

I'm guessing she was hot to say she had a six-year-old and she would NEVER put him in danger by exposing him to a vicious dog, so, therefore, said dog could NEVER have killed the chickens. Unless "provoked," or something equally stupid.

The heavyset couple with the chickens. Katniss, Buffy, Lara Croft...why are all their chickens named after femme fatales?

Wishful thinking? Mrs MacDonald wants to look like the movie babes cause Old MacDonald wants to sleep with them. Eee-aye-eee-aye-OH! :) Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 2

My thoughts exactly!  That big scratch/dent was at the bottom of the side of the bed.  To repair it properly the bed has to been disassembled, repaired, painted and reinstalled.  That is a lot of damn work.  

A well maintained truck holds a much better value than sedans.  Guy may have been a douche, but he obviously treated the truck as his investment.

I don't know where JJ gets off just pulling body estimates out of her ass.  I'll wager that the soles of her her Manolos have never touched the floor of any veehickle repair facility.

• Love 14

Oh yeah, definitely. And I usually have a very good ear for accents, inflections and languages in addition to English, but I swear to God, I couldn't understand most of what that woman said. What a lovely couple!

I'm guessing she was hot to say she had a six-year-old and she would NEVER put him in danger by exposing him to a vicious dog, so, therefore, said dog could NEVER have killed the chickens. Unless "provoked," or something equally stupid.

Wishful thinking? Mrs MacDonald wants to look like the movie babes cause Old MacDonald wants to sleep with them. Eee-aye-eee-aye-OH! :)

Old MacDonald?!!! Classic! Thank you for my first big laugh of the day. ..and I will be smiling all day thinking about it...and the femme fatale chickens! I had to rewatch to catch those names. Fun couple (although I think you are right about his fantasies...abt the heroines, not the chickens, but you never know. ....

• Love 4