Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

This must be one of the times Mayer Landy had to give Miss Jami Crackhead some bail money. She doesn't look quite as hot in her mug shot.

That's the first time I've seen a mug shot that includes both full frontal and side views of the perps bosom.  Maybe they make a special exception when the perp is a woman with a boob job and is wearing a tight low cut tank top.

• Love 2

Shannon, are you fucking kidding us? JJ was hypnotized and  I was so bedazzled by your hamster-on-crack act that I can't even....whoa!

Then we had Dirty Disgusting Sanchez, who

Quintuple espresso shot girl - I kept thinking with 5 you get lobotomy. 

The original Dirty Sanchez. When you look up dirty sanchez in Urban Dictionary it has his picture.

• Love 2

When you look up dirty sanchez in Urban Dictionary

I know. The internet is a wonderful thing but often I learn something I never EVER wanted to know.

I was in a cold sweat all day yesterday, since I looked out my window and it was SNOWING, and we all know what happens if the day is not clear, sunny and windless with light puffy clouds floating around.

The first minute of "5 Shots" WAS cut off  (I, like Dirty Sanchez, nearly popped a vein) so we could see viewer's pics of their dogs frolicking in all that SNOW (snow in February in Vermont - eeek, it's the apocalypse!) and look at a map showing SNOW, but this time even WPTZ didn't have the balls to pre-empt JJ.

They contented themselves with running double and triple crawlers along the bottom of the screen,with "SNOW" in all caps. If this was happening in June, or even in JuLune, I could understand, but in Feb? Just shut up.

• Love 5

I'm wondering now if quintuple espresso is taking steroids for her Cystic Fibrosis and they weren't helping her anger. I don't know if you take steroids for that, the person I knew with it took lots of enzymes.

The trust fund case was just blah. I actually believe that the guy asked if he could borrow the money. I think they were all happy that the bank slipped up and they got some money early. Then he asked to borrow it, she said ok thinking it would be paid back. When he couldn't pay it back then it was a problem. But I don't think the daughter and mother were innocent in the original slip up of the bank.

Absolutely Stewed!  That is exactly what I was thinking.  It was not a surprise to the teenager that that money was taken out.  Now, JJ did say she was not of majority so she couldn't okay it.  But, still..... Dirty Sanchez looked like he had just woken from a VERY long bender.

Jami Crackhead was annoying with her fake laughs and saying old man was crazy.  He was crazy to think she was attractive with her bleach blond fluff of damaged fried hair and her lovely gap on the bottom from a missing tooth.  Crack is whack and look what it did to your teeth.

Crazy 5shots seem bratty to me as well.  I was waiting for her to yell "but daddy, I want an oompa lompa now!"  (in case you don't get the reference, from charlie & and the choc factory)

• Love 5

I don't disagree with that but I wonder if she's, like, bonkers bonkers, or bonkers for the sake of making herself a stah with the repo'd cah? I mean the whole, "my mom wants your autograph".

THAT was the part where I completely lost it. "Can I get your autograph for my mom? She really loves you!" Bwahahahaha!

• Love 3

K5INhLi.jpg

It was like I drank Alice in Wonderland's potion and I shrunk - or everything got bigger, between the plaintiff's eyes and the defendant's tie!

I was hoping JJ would ask "Triple Espresso" what the five shots were. Five shots of what? Sure seemed like something was up there. I wondered if they actually tested her (would test results come back same-day? Thankfully I've never had to find out) But really, isn't JJ suspecting you're on drugs and you're not actually worse than being on drugs in the first place?

Surprised she didn't kick out Triple Espresso, but glad she didn't and just let her go.

Edited by Art Vandelay
  • Love 2

I always record JJ and then watch it lat in the evening while Mr. Ouisch works next door on his laptop at the kitchen table. (He can hear the dialogue, but I guess blocks most of it out; that is, until the announcer asks "Are you looking for justice?" Then he'll reply "Yes I am!") Once the second ep ends, he figures it's safe to enter the living room and then we watch a movie or something together. But last night about 1/4 the way through the Mayer Landy case, Mr. Ouisch dashed into the living room and said "I've just gotta see this!"

Mayer Landy (whose name kept reminding me of Meyer Lansky) seems to have a sense of humor - that business he's owned since 1977 is called The LandyMan Can. (Honest. I'm not making that up.) Oh, and Jami has since opened her own business in the same industry in the same metro area, which supports Landy's claim that she was stealing clients.

• Love 3
The trust fund case was just blah. I actually believe that the guy asked if he could borrow the money. I think they were all happy that the bank slipped up and they got some money early. Then he asked to borrow it, she said ok thinking it would be paid back. When he couldn't pay it back then it was a problem. But I don't think the daughter and mother were innocent in the original slip up of the bank.

Either way, apparently if the girl was under 18 she could not legally consent to him taking the money out.  So it was still a no no.  Also I wonder if there might have been some clause that allowed money to be taken out IF it was for something needed for the girl.  I bet there was.  I bet that lowlife let the bank think that the girl had upcoming college expenses or something.  Then in front of JJ he tries to make it the bank's fault:  Oh, I tried mightily to resist, Your Honor, but the bank forced the money on me!  Shouldn't they be liable?!  *sweats* *attempts to squeeze out a tear*  I couldn't help wondering why the mother wasn't the trustee instead of the untrustworthy stepfather.

I wondered if they actually tested her (would test results come back same-day? Thankfully I've never had to find out)

I think it can.  I've been drug tested to start a new job, and I think they just used some kind of test strip that tells them positive or negative for a certain "panel" of drugs.  I was told immediately that I was clean.  So if they really did test her, I guess they could have used something like that.

Edited by Blue Plastic
  • Love 4

The stealing stepfather:  I thought it was another example of JJ's making plaintiffs do a police report to prove they weren't in collusion with defendant.  She never says it outright, but rather she says "You see where I'm going?"   I bet they never file one.  The explanation of why they didn't file was spurious.

Quintuple Cappucino:  Wow, I was waiting all weekend for that from the previews, but once it was on I actually felt sorry for her.  She is clearly mentally ill.  As noted earlier, interesting that JJ let her go on and on.  Very rare for JJ.  I think JJ did not think she was being insubordinate.  She couldn't control herself.

Goggle-eyed roommate:   Goggle-eye clearly was scamming the other guy to live there without paying the rent.  He said he would get a wire transfer from his mother and then didn't pay.  His argument that the guy wouldn't have let him move in without paying didn't hold up.  There was definitely some kind of romantic relationship gone wrong. 

So once Goggle-eye was in, he was in, and he knew the law--no self-help evictions allowed.  Eyebrows would have had to send written notice, go to court, etc.  So Eyebrows really screwed himself by lying to the police to get the protective order.  JJ's unpeeling of Eyebrows's lies was masterful.

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 2

Absolutely Stewed!  That is exactly what I was thinking.  It was not a surprise to the teenager that that money was taken out.  Now, JJ did say she was not of majority so she couldn't okay it.  But, still..... Dirty Sanchez looked like he had just woken from a VERY long bender.

I think JJ was smart to demand a police report before awarding the money. If he truly stole it, then they should file the report to get it back. If what he said was true, that he asked and she agreed, then they may not have the nerve to file a police report and have him charged.  

• Love 1

Some IKEA Crap - Boring, just a cheque that shouldn't have been cashed and a dispute over self-assembled, particle board furniture.  Yawn~

Unpaid Labor - The IRS will be far more interested in this case than I could ever  be. 

Pop And Pop And Pop - Popping tires and pouring pop over a car, that's a lot of popping!  The defendant was slurring his words in the hallterview, he looked really drunk.  You couldn't tell during the case because he claimed not to remember anything, so JJ had no questions for him.  The plaintiff was 5-Shot Expresso's little sister.

Parking Space Between Your Teeth Now - Aw c'mon you old gits, it's just a goddam parking space, can't this trivial matter be settled without knocking someone's teeth out?  Oh well, here is some parking space for a new incisor implant!

Six Years of Hell - The pain, oh, the pain!  So raw, so weepy, so shell-shocked, so much PTSD.  It's one of those plaintiffs suing for the value of some junk they haven't picked up post breakup because they have no room for it.

• Love 3
Unpaid Labor - The IRS will be far more interested in this case than I could ever  be.

Seriously. I felt bad for Mr. Ruiz because he was probably a hard worker and might not be able to be paid a decent wage because of assholes like the defendant who was paying him under the table. I hope the IRS goes after that ass and makes him pay up. And I don't mean to get political, but people who think illegal Mexicans are taking American jobs need to look at cases like this. How many people do you really think would work under these conditions? Doing backbreaking labor jobs in the hot Arizona desert being paid under the table and not knowing if the douchebag paying you will decide to go for bad one day for no fucking reason and not pay you at the end of the day.

Pop And Pop And Pop - Popping tires and pouring pop over a car, that's a lot of popping!  The defendant was slurring his words in the hallterview, he looked really drunk.  You couldn't tell during the case because he claimed not to remember anything, so JJ had no questions for him.  The plaintiff was 5-Shot Expresso's little sister.

Hate to deny your brilliance, Toaster Strudel, but that wasn't Shannon Jones' sister. That was Keylolo Kardashian, the Kardashian sister Bruce Jenner doesn't talk about. She was even an airhead like the other 'ashians. And she sued fucking Toad from the X-Men. I guess he was upset he wasn't invited to be in Days of Future Past.

• Love 7
Thought this may be of interest: http://thebillfold.c...rom-judge-judy/

Great article, thank you! Loved this:

I went with her to make sure the roommates weren’t weirdos.

Ugh. Made the wrong call on that one.

As for the producer encouragement to talk back to JJ, that makes sense WRT the case of the 5Shotz because she was totally over-dramatizing for the camera.

Six Years of Hell - The pain, oh, the pain!  So raw, so weepy, so shell-shocked, so much PTSD.

Listening to Mr. Jefferson whine about property "that was mines" and "stuff that got tooken" caused all of us pain. The only part of the case that I found disturbing was that the ridiculous Ms. Galo appears to have never heard of birth control and dragged six kids into her fucked up "off again/on again" relationship.

The plaintiff was 5-Shot Expresso's little sister.

Absolutely. I couldn't understand half of what she was babbling about, but I guess we have to believe her since def. is a gooch-eyed drunkie who can't remember a damned thing.

I really hope someone informs the government about this. Honestly, you'd think the def. would rather have paid plaintiff the wages owed than have himself revealed as a tax cheater who hires what may be illegal immigrants and refuses to even pay the money they earned.

Those two foolish old geezers duking it out in slo-mo in the parking lot? The only interesting thing is that JJ mentioned for the second time the movie "Fried Green Tomatoes" which I now think I should watch.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 5

Aw, after yesterday's cases, today kinda feels like a let-down. I did enjoy '2 Geezers Fight Over Parking', with JJ and Fried Green Tomatoes!

I hope the IRS gets on that guy pronto.

• Love 3

I wonder if the guy who hired the Day Laborer is now on that list that's compiled by JJ-watching IRS staffers (because according to JJ, they watch her show and then snatch up the offenders).  

How about Judge Judy asking Ms. McClean if she kept the old $1500 check in the house so she could "fondle it"??  She even repeated the question!  Whoa, JJ -- racy verbs!

Sarah Ramos was so very annoying.  The guy in her witness chair was having some sort of DTs right in the courtroom.  The cameraman worked his usual magic and captured JJ giving Ms. Ramos (hand planted sassily on hip) the up & down once-over.  Ms. Ramos slurred all her answers, and here's what I took from the case: "pahp, pahp, stuuuupid, liiiike, muhr muhr muhr, liiiike whateverrrrr, pahp."  And the Pahp Pourer, Chris Kattan's country cousin, said "I dunno go get hit by a bus, whatever" in his hallterview.  Oh, dude.  

Listening to Mr. Jefferson whine about property "that was mines" and "stuff that got tooken" caused all of us pain. 

It was painful.  And he said that he just wanted to be "reincompensated."  Re-in-compensated.  And that woman claims to have a crap-filled car with three flats sitting in her driveway since 2009?  Well, that screams dirtbag.  Even though HOAs can be annoying sometimes, I'm glad I have one...because that type of riff-raffy shit wouldn't last a minute.  And it would be followed up with a nasty letter, photographic evidence, and an invoice for an HOA fine.  

Tomorrow, there's another "your dog attacked"/"my dog was just having fun" case....harumph.  :(

• Love 2

Sarah Ramos was so very annoying.  The guy in her witness chair was having some sort of DTs right in the courtroom.  The cameraman worked his usual magic and captured JJ giving Ms. Ramos (hand planted sassily on hip) the up & down once-over.

I was really disappointed tat she didn't get a "there's only one attitude here and it's mine!" or t least a "take your hands off your hips". But alas no such comment. Must have been getting close to sushi time.

• Love 2

Judy really loves Fried Green Tomatoes.

Hate that story, hate having her tell it again.  Hate this theory of 'my parking spot'

Listen bozo it's not your spot until you are in it. If I get in there first it is not your spot unless I concede it to you. It is a politeness. It is not something you are owed or that allows you to behave like an asshole when it doesn't go your way. People have too many justifications for anger.  FIDO.

• Love 1

Even though HOAs can be annoying sometimes, I'm glad I have one...because that type of riff-raffy shit wouldn't last a minute.  And it would be followed up with a nasty letter, photographic evidence, and an invoice for an HOA fine.

I had the exact same thought while watching that case. People rag on HOAs, but I'm so freaking glad I have one. I'd hate to have to live next to that eyesore. I have a neighbor who converted his garage into a freaking nightclub, complete with a bar, patrons parking all over my block, and pool tables. A couple of his guests, a man and a woman, got into a fistfight in my driveway. One call to my HOA and that shit was over. I'm sure there are some horrible HOAs, but mine does exactly what it's supposed to do. /end rant

Hate that story, hate having her tell it again.  Hate this theory of 'my parking spot'

Listen bozo it's not your spot until you are in it. If I get in there first it is not your spot unless I concede it to you. It is a politeness. It is not something you are owed or that allows you to behave like an asshole when it doesn't go your way. People have too many justifications for anger.  FIDO.

I disagree with you. I love that movie, and I love that scene. I feel the same way about parking as JJ does. If I've been waiting patiently for a spot and one opens up, anyone who ducks in to get it before me is a grade A asshole.  The defendant's behavior is exactly what's wrong with our society; it's full of me-first attitude and civility has gone out the window. He didn't care that the other guy had an appointment to get to as well. It's his freaking world. The plaintiff over-reacted for sure (although punching him and knocking his tooth out first is also an over-reaction), but I completely understand his ire.

In that situation, I wouldn't get out of my car and start a physical confrontation, but I'd definitely call the other driver an asshole. Of course, someone who does something like that doesn't care that they're an asshole. But it would make ME feel better!

• Love 8

I'm wondering now if quintuple espresso is taking steroids for her Cystic Fibrosis and they weren't helping her anger. I don't know if you take steroids for that, the person I knew with it took lots of enzymes.

I've taken bursts of steroids for my asthma in the past as has one of my kids. That high dose makes you CRAY CRAY. I didn't sleep for four days, I didn't eat and I sounded like-all-my-words-were-rushing-out-of-my-mouth-in-a-hurry. Of course she might have other stuff going on and all the espresso certainly doesn't help but that was my first thought when I heard she has cystic fibrosis. 

The old creepy man on crack? The whacked out bleached stripper hair? I looked like Thriller Eyes Defendant when that case was going on - so much weirdness. Creepy Old Crack Man reminded me of the flip side of the women who stick with a guy that asks for money for child support, bail, etc and pretty much treats her like crap but she stays (a mainstay on JJ). I guess he needed validation that he was hot and young women wanted him - for crack, for cash and for amusement. Of course I would have charged way more to wash that old dude's underpants than $40 and required a mask and a HAZMAT suit. 

Dirty Sanchez just, ack. . . . taking his adopted kid's money and then trying to justify it? I'm glad he's going to get into trouble with the po-po over that one. 

• Love 2

Googly Eyes has been missing in action from JJ recently, but I'll be dipped if she didn't show up in the last row of Hot Bench today.

She's everywhere!  She's everywhere!

EDIT:  I spoke too soon.  She was back in the front row of Scratchy Car-Fight, although I noticed that the camera kept being moved so she was hidden.  What is the deal?  Do people get paid to sit in the peanut gallery on JJ's show? 

Doesn't she have anything else to do?

Edited by Puffaroo
  • Love 1

Seriously. I felt bad for Mr. Ruiz because he was probably a hard worker and might not be able to be paid a decent wage because of assholes like the defendant who was paying him under the table. I hope the IRS goes after that ass and makes him pay up. And I don't mean to get political, but people who think illegal Mexicans are taking American jobs need to look at cases like this. How many people do you really think would work under these conditions? Doing backbreaking labor jobs in the hot Arizona desert being paid under the table and not knowing if the douchebag paying you will decide to go for bad one day for no fucking reason and not pay you at the end of the day.

Assuming Mr. Ruiz is here legally (most illegal immigrants don't go anywhere near the justice system, he is also missing out on his social security contributions and is working without the protection of work comp insurance. It's just a really bad idea all around, for the employer and the employee.

I think Fedex was fined something like $300 million when they tried to cheat the taxman by classifying their employees as independent contractors. So the employer may save a little money if they don't get caught, but it's so not worth it. And for this genius to go on national TV and admit he wasn't paying taxes is the epitome of stupidity.

• Love 8

Fried Green Tomatoes.  I love that movie and am a big fan of both actresses to this day. 

Could somebody post a picture of Googly Eyes?  I'm sure I've seen her but I don't get to watch every day.

Assuming Mr. Ruiz is here legally (most illegal immigrants don't go anywhere near the justice system, he is also missing out on his social security contributions and is working without the protection of work comp insurance. It's just a really bad idea all around, for the employer and the employee.

I think Fedex was fined something like $300 million when they tried to cheat the taxman by classifying their employees as independent contractors. So the employer may save a little money if they don't get caught, but it's so not worth it. And for this genius to go on national TV and admit he wasn't paying taxes is the epitome of stupidity.

Spot on comment.  But I don't feel he was stupid, I'm glad he stood up for himself to be treated decently.  As we've discussed here when the suits are filed in small claims court most people aren't anticipating going on JJ but when the offer comes up there's the guarantee an award will be paid.  I remember about a dozen pages ago we had a great discussion on how the litigants are compensated.  Workers' rights are being eroded mostly by state legislatures all over the country sure it's political but it's a fact. 

Wow, today's episodes.  It seems like this season JJ is playing The Explainer as to how she is coming to her opinion such as repeating how likely lady defendant's mother was to be sued over Cujo pitbull.  I like it a lot but it does drag out the cases a little.   I'd hate to live in that neighborhood and he's lucky the plaintiffs liked dogs.  I laughed in the hallterview when he admitted he owned a muzzle.  Why would you unless you knew your dog was nasty?  I also had to laugh at Blonde Trophy Wife Plaintiff who was nodding yes yes yes at the thought of getting a judgment lien against defendant's house while Mr. Plaintiff was sort of agape at the thought of it.  I wonder what their backstory is.  I can't wait to hear what the rest of you think. 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 2

Google Eyes is a man.  I think someone posted a screen shot a couple of pages above.

Oh, wait a  minute--is there an audience member named "Googly Eyes"?  I've never seen her.

I was referring to the plaintiff in the rental case! 

Yes, please post a picture of the audience member! 

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 1

Mr. Bronk and Mrs. Lafferty were a really gross couple.  Him, with his very unbuttoned and widely opened shirt.  And her, with with a strong intolerance of Obama criticism that drove her to pick up cigs again.  

The pit bull case made me sad and confused (and annoyed because I am SICK OF dog cases).  Cruddy Mr. Vargas was full of excuses for his dog, and that surveillance camera footage was disturbing.  It looked like that dog was hell-bent on getting that little girl.  Frankly, I think Mr. Vargas pulled up to his girlfriend's house, saw the neighbor dad/child/dog, and let his pit bull out of the car to be a dick.  He seems like a weird old coot who probably wanted to spook them and get them to leave his gf's house because he wanted dinner and an evening in the garage (what was up with him "staying in the garage?").  Despite JJ's clear warnings that the neighbor will put Vargas' gf's mom on blast if the pit bull starts shit again, the gf obviously wasn't listening to a word....she was just gearing up with her own set of excuses about the "nice" dog and the "unwanted" Mr. Vargas.  After standing so cuddly-close to Mr. Vargas through the case, she all of a sudden claimed that he was a nuisance and an intruder.  LIES.  And then Mr. Vargas was suddenly apologetic in the hallterview.  Confusing.

• Love 2

Ugh I hated the teenage rents a room, asked to leave so trashes/bleaches the place case. That mother is going to get a phone call one day to bail the girl out of jail. Or worse, from the morgue when she messes with the wrong person. I found myself wanting to have a Byrd smackdown on her.

It was almost like she was trying to be obnoxious. When JJ pointed out that it was disrespectful to come to court with her belly button exposed & to keep her arms down---she couldn't wait to play with her hair again so the camera got a good shot of her belly button. And the big smile at the end after JJ called her out on her bullshit. Double ugh!

• Love 1

Googly Eyes has been missing in action from JJ recently, but I'll be dipped if she didn't show up in the last row of Hot Bench today.

She's everywhere! She's everywhere!

EDIT: I spoke too soon. She was back in the front row of Scratchy Car-Fight, although I noticed that the camera kept being moved so she was hidden. What is the deal? Do people get paid to sit in the peanut gallery on JJ's show?

Doesn't she have anything else to do?

Google Eyes is a man. I think someone posted a screen shot a couple of pages above.

Oh, wait a minute--is there an audience member named "Googly Eyes"? I've never seen her.

I was referring to the plaintiff in the rental case!

Yes, please post a picture of the audience member!

ALL RISE! This is the case of Puffaroo vs. GussieK. You may be seated. Folks have a seat.....

This is a simple case. I am prepared to hereafter refer to plantiff Mr. Google-eyes as Thriller Eyes. Providing Puffaroo can provide photographic evidence of audience member Ms. Googly-eyes.

This case will be recalled......

• Love 1

What I hate more than parking space thieves are parking space "appointers". Who the heck gives you the authority to say "follow me, you can have my spot"? 

What I hate more than the parking space "appointers" are the parking space "stalkers"! The ones (usually sweaty, creepy guys) who lean out their window and say, "You leavin'?" and then follow me to my car.

Next time that happens to me I'm going to say, "No, I'm just going back to my car to get my gun."

• Love 9

Wow, today's episodes.  It seems like this season JJ is playing The Explainer as to how she is coming to her opinion such as repeating how likely lady defendant's mother was to be sued over Cujo pitbull.  I like it a lot but it does drag out the cases a little.   I'd hate to live in that neighborhood and he's lucky the plaintiffs liked dogs.  I laughed in the hallterview when he admitted he owned a muzzle.  Why would you unless you knew your dog was nasty?  I also had to laugh at Blonde Trophy Wife Plaintiff who was nodding yes yes yes at the thought of getting a judgment lien against defendant's house while Mr. Plaintiff was sort of agape at the thought of it.  I wonder what their backstory is.  I can't wait to hear what the rest of you think. 

Detective Intocats did a little digging (I'm a San Jose native) and these folks live in South San Jose. While it's not the ritziest neighborhood in Silicon Valley, a single-family house will set you back at least $500,000 these days. I am betting that Vargas' girlfriend's mom probably bought that house 30+ years ago and owns it outright. A judgment would be quite a bonanza for Blonde Trophy Wife Plaintiff, but I would hate for the old lady to lose her property over that moron Vargas' dog. However, I have no sympathy for Vargas or his mooching girlfriend.

I agree that the girlfriend was quite cozy with grungy old Vargas, and don't believe for one minute that she didn't want his "uninvited" ass in her garage.

• Love 3

My retinas are scarred over google eyes the man last week.  I was talking about the audience member who I'd like to identify.  And yeah JJ specified prescription drugs so good for her.  I hope he's ok.  His mother nodded in agreement.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 2

Oh my freaking gosh!

Childish talk:  "She didn't talk to me whatsoever!!"

Smooth talk: "When she asks you, you say what the figure is."

Hahahahaha I love Byrd. If the stupid girl had just added $370 plus $36, $36,$36, she would have gotten the whole amount. Instead, after already being rebuked once, she again wanted to school JJ on Maryland banking laws instead of giving her an added up figure. 

Those kids had some weird Maryland accents. I have kin people from there and they don't sound like that garbled junk. 

I saw this and didn't realize they were from Maryland until girly started quoting Maryland law and I'm from Maryland! Anyhow, I wonder why girly didn't call the cops on the guy because check fraud of $370 would be a fine and a max sentence of 18 months.

When there was first talk about many pages back about google eyes in the audience, I kept looking for a woman. Now I find out it is a man. I want to see a picture also. I really thought that the gallery people were litigants who were waiting to have their case called. But I guess that would be a mistake to have them see what happens. But I swear back a few months I saw a woman in the gallery who had on a blue shirt, I remember noticing her during the walk in, and then I thought she was in the next case as a plaintiff. I even rewound it to check. 

I thought they were litigants waiting their turn too. Depending on the weekend repeat, I watch the peanut gallery. 

What I hate more than the parking space "appointers" are the parking space "stalkers"! The ones (usually sweaty, creepy guys) who lean out their window and say, "You leavin'?" and then follow me to my car.

Next time that happens to me I'm going to say, "No, I'm just going back to my car to get my gun."

You’re going to love this move…

At my hospital there is a 2 year waiting list for parking (offsite even). In 25 years I have never had on site parking and have to take a shuttle from my parking to my work.

So employees park around the hospital in 3 hour parking.  They run out at lunch to move their cars.

The most awful ones go with a co- worker and move their car out while buddy moves his in.

Yesterday an elderly lady was trying to park and take her husband (using a walker) in for his appointment.

She asked a hospital worker sitting in his car if she could park there – he said no, he’s not leaving. Three minutes later co-worker pulls up and he leaves to give him the space.

There are so many sides to this.  Employees who are willing to pay for a parking pass can’t get one, yet the streets are overloaded with ‘disabled’ parkers. Apparently Ontario has something like 2 million disabled drivers with the ability to park anywhere who are currently over the age of 110.

In any case- I have been the victim of no parking for years and still I have no sympathy for these people who feel they are owed the space for whatever reason.  The other time JJ told the Fried Green Tomatoes story, the accused had let the air out of a guys tires because he got in the spot before her. She should have been criminally charged.

ETA the JJ relevant bit

Edited by Oinky Boinky
  • Love 2

I don't understand why JJ insists that the lady use her own insurance. Why should she take a hit if it was the other lady's fault?  JJ acts like they are taking the judgments out of her salary.

If the other driver doesn't have insurance and you do, the thing to do is file a claim with your own carrier. They will take care of the claim, minus your deductible, then do what's called subrogation, which is attempting to re-coup the money from the actual at-fault party. If they successfully subrogate, you can get your deductible back. Even if they aren't able to successfully subrogate, your CLUE report should indicate either a not-at-fault accident or a claim under unisured/underinsed motorist property damage. (Not every state offers UMPD and UIMPD. Here in Arizona, you can only buy uninsured/underinsured for bodily injury, NOT property damage.) Anyway, in theory, having an uninsured or not-at-fault claim should not negatively affect your rate.

One of the benefits to having your carrier handle it is that your carrier will notify the DMV that you were struck by an uninsured driver. So, if the plaintiff ends up going through her own insurance, the irresponsible defendant will likely have her license suspended and possibly be fined as well for driving without insurance. I sincerely hope that happens, because her laughing in the hallterview as if it was funny that she had no insurance really ticked me off. I bet she won't be laughing when the plaintiff files the claim and she ends up in trouble with DMV.

Side note: With all of that being said, last year my car was struck while parked (in my assigned parking spot at my office, no less) by a driver who failed to leave a note. Although the accident was obviously not my fault, my rates went up a little because I had been receiving a claim-free discount. Prior to this, I hadn't had a claim since 2001. And, even though this claim wasn't my fault, it was a claim nonetheless. So I lost my claim-free discount, which was something like 5% of my total premium. I won't get it back for three years. That kind of shit is why people hate insurance companies, including those of us working in the industry!

Edited by teebax
  • Love 7