Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Because parvo kills. Granted, I am getting my info from Wikipedia, but its not an illness that a puppy gets and lives without a major vet bill and a lengthy stay at the animal hospital and even then the dog usually dies. And it's highly contagious so the other puppies not having it is incredibly suspicious and frankly suggests the dog got parvo (if it did get parvo, which I doubt) while with the plaintiff.

And JJ was treating her like a stupid ass because she was suing over a contract that clearly states what recourse she did and didn't have. The plaintiff was basically whining "I signed the contract and then THIS happened and that means the contract isn't really a contract, even though I agreed to the terms and it's NOT FAIR I am being held to being a grown up theoretically capable of signing a contract when I want to whine how it didn't end up the way I wanted!" Trust me - I deal with this shit every day.

Puppies who have recently been vaccinated will give a false positive test for parvo--or actually the test will pick up the trace of live parvo virus in the vaccine.  The vet should have done a second test before he 'diagnosed' parvo, if that is what happened.  Also you shouldn't just switch a dog's food, a lot of dogs it won't bother but some it can really through their system into a tailspin.  We had a dog that way and every time we had to switch him (he had allergies) we would start by putting a few kibbles of the new in and each day adding just a few more, until you are giving 100% of the new food.  Our other dog doesn't have a sensitive stomach and we can switch him over much quicker, 1/4 new, 3/4 old for a few days, 1/2 and 1/2 for a few days...

• Love 2

...Seriously disabled and defenseless people are at the mercy of any just old person without intensive training, degrees of any kind or even a psych test to see if they're suitable for such a job?...Maybe assault isn't seen as too serious if the victim can't talk...

That is often the case.  I sat jury duty on a case where a single mom picked up a homeless guy from a bar and took him home.  She was thrilled to have a reasonably good looking boyfriend who was happy to play housekeeper and child care provider to her two young daughters, one of whom was severely developmentally disabled.

This guy was only there a few weeks and he was grooming the girls nicely, only got caught when he got greedy and tried his act on a neighbor girl who hadn't been groomed first. 

I was unhappy with my fellow jurists because they seemed to think it wasn't too terrible because no penile penetration had taken place, even though everyone agreed that it almost certainly would have happened eventually.  Eventually we convicted on the counts that applied to the two 'normal' girls, but because the other girl wasn't able to testify he got off on that.  Which is shameful on several levels, most notably because she was the one who was molested more often and to a greater degree, according to her sister who was present on several occasions.  The reasoning behind letting this man go unpunished?  Because the girl didn't understand that what was happening was wrong; he took care to be gentle so she wouldn't be upset because he was using her reactions to convince her sister that this molestation stuff wasn't so bad.  Hey, give the victim chocolate while it's happening and she seemed downright pleased with being given oral sex by the nice man with candy. 

I imagine he's out of jail by now, and I wouldn't be surprised if the first thing he did was move to another state and find another single mother with a daughter in the age range he preferred, and if she's also developmentally disabled, even better (for him).

• Love 3
yawn, JJ going off on another medical marijuana rant.  It gets old.  There is no point in anybody every going on her show if they're involved in medical marijuana, because she is prejudiced in advance, and will rule against them every single time.

I think this is true because JJ grew up during a time where marijuana was considered a narcotic and not, you know, a pasttime. Also, when you've dealt with as many people as she has, marijuana use tends to be prevalent in the lives of a lot of these people unemployed and receiving assistance from the government. I'm not saying that's true for everybody, though.

Personally, I'm theoretically in favor of medical marijuana but opposed it's practical use. I'm in favor of any alternative remedy and method of improving people's health, but it seems like medical marijuana in practical application is often used for people to contrive BS health problems because they like getting high. And I don't think it's a good message for society writ-large to say "it's okay to smoke pot" because 1) it's not really medicinal anymore if you're using it for recreation, and 2) while there are many people who enjoy it responsibly, there are people who try to turn around and sell it to others, grow it in their rooms and shit, and have families and friends affected by it.

• Love 4

It seems like this season JJ is playing The Explainer as to how she is coming to her opinion such as repeating how likely lady defendant's mother was to be sued over Cujo pitbull.  I like it a lot but it does drag out the cases a little.

I like it, too.  The thing that drags it out is that she has to explain it three times because the dumbasses either keep interrupting her or argue that she's wrong.

• Love 1

By popular demand, here is a screen shot of googly eyes taking in the parvo puppy that wasn't case from today.

Where is Austin Powers when you need someone to rip off a wig... because that's a man baby, yeah!!!

iNdHAyql.jpg

Thanks, kittle1974!

She's not as googly when she sits in the front, BTW -- it's when she's behind someone and she leans past them and really opens her eyes wide.

She appears so often, I'm starting to wonder if she's part of the crew, rather than an actor as I first surmised.

Saved from yet another dog case. Thanks, Toaster. You bravely watch the crappy cases so I don't have to. Any chance you also watch people's court and/or hot bench? I have a TV court show addiction from which I desperately need to recover. If I could cut down my three hours per day down to 90 minutes or so, I'd be golden!

• Love 2

Any chance you also watch people's court and/or hot bench? I have a TV court show addiction from which I desperately need to recover.

LOL Teebax .   I tried Hot Bench, only made it through one and a half episodes.  Addiction avoided!!

• Love 4

because I know that bitch was two seconds away from transforming into a goddamn Chrysler 300 or some shit. Grown ass woman running to tell low-budget Lil Scrappy to put them paws on 'em.

Again, 27 bored, I bow to your amazing verbal wordage to succinctly describe my reaction to a big ol' T.  African Queen was "red'-dee" to go and her kid wasn't moving fast enough. I bet she would have been pissed had the other kids been called over for "special treatment" and her kid was told to go home. No way to win that war. Even African Queen acknowledged her own bad behavior. Kinda like "hey I beat his ass, thas right". Guess he deserved it by trying to help a couple of kids out. 

Cool Whip- you lived near the "RIV"? I live in Broward County (south of Palm Beach County and home of my all time favorite TV show "Cops") My daughter worked in an emergency room near "The Riv" and used to regale me with all the interesting stories. Now she works in Fort Pierce which is like The Riv on steroids. (for the non-Florida people, that mean an inner city ER that gets the gang shootings, the meth heads, the psych patients, etc). 

As for the car cases where a kid buys a hoopty on Craigslist (or the ones I truly enjoy, the people with no licenses buy a car in anticipation of GETTING a license) - what do you expect? When my daughter was 2 1/2, she was playing with a friend and wore the friend's shoes for several hours (some really spiffy red patent leather shoes). I kept asking her if they were too tight but she kept telling me no. At the end of her visit she took the shoes off and was crying because she had blisters. I asked her why she wore them if they hurt her and she said "Because they looked so good on my feet". Those POS cars get polished up and people buy them because they are sparkly and affordable, not realizing they are hunks of junk mechanically. If the car sits in your driveway then a great looking car is a great idea. But there's no way to transform a hoopty into a brand new car. 

• Love 4

The fractured skull special care facility case made me very sad. The defendant seemed so sincere and empathetic; he seems he actually cares about his clients (and he always referred to his charges as "clients", not "patients" or anything else) in what is a very trying and thankless job. The plaintiff seemed more of the "they didn't have no proof" variety of worker - someone who knows how much he can get away with on the job. They don't pay him enough to take care of non-cooperative patients.

Defendant reminded me of James, one of the staff members who helped care for my Dad while he was in a residential care facility. Dad was 87 at the time and curmudgeonly (to put it politely) when he was in good health. After his second heart attack and resultant severely reduced heart function, he was Hitler with a hangover. James was unflappable in the face of Dad's crankiness, and told Mom and me with a smile that "I call him 'King George', 'cause he's always giving me orders." One night when I was visiting a different staff member was trying to help Dad up out of bed and into his walker and Dad barked at her "Where's James?!! James knows how to do this the right way!!" I asked James once how many Valiums it took him to get through a shift if all of his patients were like Dad. He smiled and told me that I needed to be more understanding and patient with elderly people. I thank God for all the Defendants (sorry I can't recall the name of the gentleman in this case) and James of the world, who are willing to do so much for so very little (paycheck-wise).

• Love 11

Cool Whip- you lived near the "RIV"? I live in Broward County (south of Palm Beach County and home of my all time favorite TV show "Cops") My daughter worked in an emergency room near "The Riv" and used to regale me with all the interesting stories. Now she works in Fort Pierce which is like The Riv on steroids. (for the non-Florida people, that mean an inner city ER that gets the gang shootings, the meth heads, the psych patients, etc). 

Oh yes...I was in Jupiter, FL (a very comfortable distance away from the Riv!).  Your daughter must have some real war stories.  It was always funny when I lived there and told out-of-towners that I lived in Palm Beach County, and some of them would swoon and say how nice that area must be......then I'd explain why I lived in Jupiter because most of PBC is a dirty hole.  

The African Princess kept saying that the plaintiff was "callin' me out my name."  WTF does that even mean?

I checked the Urban Dictionary, because I had no idea either.

call out of name

To insult; using an insult in place of one's name.  Usually referring to the term b***h.

Insult: "What you want, b***h?"

Response: "Don't you be callin' me out my name!"

You have officially learned something new today (as have I), and you may take the rest of the day off.

• Love 7

The fractured skull special care facility case made me very sad. The defendant seemed so sincere and empathetic; he seems he actually cares about his clients

At the risk of repeating myself, I would have agreed with that had the def.  not have said that he did NOT report other abuses because...

Abuse of anything/anyone who has no defenses must be reported and stopped by any means, no matter if the abuser is your friend, someone who owes you money, a family member or anyone else. He didn't report it until specifically cornered, therefore he was complicit in the abuse, if only by his inaction. This is intolerable and despicable, IMO.

• Love 5

Ex-lovers Bicker Over Car - One gavel, it pains me to recap this boring case with boring people.  Seven years on and off and a bunch of restraining orders.  And a stupid car.  And a cheap, pawned wedding ring.  That is all.

Traveling Aquarium - Two gavels for the comedy of JJ calling out the plaintiff, the defendant, and their combined four witnesses (6 people total) for being there for the travel, the hotel, and the free meal - because for sure that lawsuit over a $30 damaged aquarium cover was completely bogus.  In the hallterview, these clowns were oddly serious about it.  What the coconut?

Pitbull vs. Chihuahua - This one had a video, a squeaky, excitable plaintiff, sing-song hispanic accents, and a really stupid defendant of the "stay in school!" variety.  Defense?  "The dog was playing!"  "It's a smart dog!"  Three gavels for JJ's quip: "if it's smart, I wouldn't go into a contest with it if I were you!"

Cornball! - I loved the plaintiff, she was smart (more than the stupid, above-mentioned canine hellion), and had her evidence that her craigslist room mate stole her very expensive, heirloom diamond tennis bracelet and pawned it.  Two gavels.

• Love 6

Ex-lovers Bicker Over Car - One gavel, it pains me to recap this boring case with boring people.

Love story of the decade! Boring, yes, but...but...what about Tonya, who presented JJ with a weird 3/4 profile as she gave her a creepy, lipless smirk? And Mr. Deweese, looking like an oddly feminine larva of some sort, who  could only be persuaded to tell the truth by being water boarded? Surely all that is worth at least one more gavel?

Traveling Aquarium

As soon as I saw the dweeby plaintiff with his PeeWee hairdo, I was hoping they'd all get the bum's rush, and thankfully they did.

craigslist room mate stole her very expensive, heirloom diamond tennis bracelet and pawned it.

I'm sure the asshole defendant was trying to pick up chicks at the CLUB, cuz women just find it soooo hot when man is wearing a woman's diamond bracelet. All I can say is, this is what you get when you move in with a total stranger you found on CL.

What about the Mom, with her name spelled "Leighanna", who wrecked her daughter's credit? Poor mom, sitting on her giant ass in her wrecked apartment, with no money and no credit, really REALLY needed cable to make her happy. Problem is, she didn't want to pay for it, so let her 20 year old daughter suffer the consequences of her own cable addiction.

Judge Judy trots out another Yiddish-ism - Plotzing! All in all, not a bad day!

• Love 4

The fish tank case highlighted one of my JJ pet peeves. Why even have them on the show if you're not going to hear their case? Are we really supposed to believe that JJ has no input on which cases the producers choose to go after? I'm not buying it.

I've seen Judge Milian preside over cases for less than the amount in the fish tank case. Why? Because small claims is often just about the principle, not about the money.

The mother who screwed up her daughter's credit was the only mildly interesting case to me today. If you can't even get cable in your name, your credit is beyond bad. I am guessing the mother and her boyfriend have both burned the cable company in the past. which is why they can't get an account. By the way, it's 2015. You don't need a cable subscription to have tv. Stick an antenna on the tv, get a Roku and a Netflix and/or Hulu account, and you'll have plenty to watch.

Edited by teebax
  • Love 6

Are we really supposed to believe that JJ has no input on which cases the producers choose to go after? I'm not buying it.

Maybe I'm dead wrong, but I have the impression she gets the written complaint/answer without knowing which cases they'll be.

I can't ever see her hearing about the fish tank canopy and saying, "Great. Let's do this one.  I can be bored stiff for five minutes before I boot their goofy asses out."

We've heard her express boredom with other cases and I'm sure if it were all up to her, we would never EVER have another cell phone/boyfriend owes rent/crazy bitch keys car case again. ZZZZZZ... That would make all of us happy too!

By the way, it's 2015. You don't need a cable subscription to have tv. Stick an antenna on the tv, get a Roku and a Netflix and/or Hulu account, and you'll have plenty to watch.

Oh but didn't you hear Indigent Slacker Big Butt Mother - that cable bill INCLUDED Internet! How's a gal supposed to get her Hulu on without The Internets y'all? Cos my kid OWES me for driving all that way to pick her up - I gotta ruin her credit in the process. 

• Love 8

I'm sure the asshole defendant was trying to pick up chicks at the CLUB, cuz women just find it soooo hot when man is wearing a woman's diamond bracelet. All I can say is, this is what you get when you move in with a total stranger you found on CL.

Nooo, that guy was not there for the chicks.  Just sayin'.

• Love 11

Cornball! - I loved the plaintiff, she was smart (more than the stupid, above-mentioned canine hellion), and had her evidence that her craigslist room mate stole her very expensive, heirloom diamond tennis bracelet and pawned it.  Two gavels.

I just don't understand people who continue to lie even when they're caught. With proof. Right in front of them. UGH.

• Love 4

Hot damn!  I forgot about the shitty parent that screwed up her child's credit after screwing her own!  Shitty parent cases are my favorites, so few of them this year.

I love them, too!  Whenever my spawn decide to air their grievances toward me, I get to say "At least I didn't ruin your future to pay for my cable."

• Love 2

You'll have to watch the hallterview to the end to understand the title of the last case!

Titles?  You get titles? how do you get titles?

Apparently some of you also get pretty good descriptions of the cases. 

The ones I get always must have a rotund description.  The cases either swirl, circle, revolve, rotate or center (I suppose with a swirling outside perimeter) on something. 

It is nauseating.

• Love 1

Oh but didn't you hear Indigent Slacker Big Butt Mother - that cable bill INCLUDED Internet! How's a gal supposed to get her Hulu on without The Internets y'all? Cos my kid OWES me for driving all that way to pick her up - I gotta ruin her credit in the process. 

I love how the mom mentioned she needed the internet because she's working on her master's degree, as if that would impress JJ. You know what's more impressive? Not ruining your kid's credit, you freaking loser!

Maybe I'm dead wrong, but I have the impression she gets the written complaint/answer without knowing which cases they'll be.

I can't ever see her hearing about the fish tank canopy and saying, "Great. Let's do this one.  I can be bored stiff for five minutes before I boot their goofy asses out."

We've heard her express boredom with other cases and I'm sure if it were all up to her, we would never EVER have another cell phone/boyfriend owes rent/crazy bitch keys car case again. ZZZZZZ... That would make all of us happy too!

I don't know. She kept mentioning how much she hates cell phone cases, and we suddenly stopped getting so many of them. If only she felt that way about dog bites...

• Love 4

If only she felt that way about dog bites...

That makes two of us!

Nooo, that guy was not there for the chicks.  Just sayin'.

No kidding. Even he couldn't keep a straight face when he said "chicks."

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 5

Seemed to me like JJ was implying that the "fisk tank canopy" litigants were in on it together for the free trip, asking if they went for dinner together the night before. I remember reading an article that they're pretty strict about that. JJ's father was a dentist with his own office, after all.

• Love 2

I love how the mom mentioned she needed the internet because she's working on her master's degree, as if that would impress JJ. You know what's more impressive? Not ruining your kid's credit, you freaking loser!

I hoped JJ would have explored what master's it was, because as far as I could tell it was a master's degree in mooching and fraudulation.

• Love 8

Uncle Hustla - One gavel: pay your taxes, don't sell your truck to pay the IRS then grab it back.  A sale is a sale, loser!

Bus Stop Romeo - Old guy lends some aging tart $800, then she blows him off and doesn't answer his phone calls.  Two gavels because she was pretending to be deaf in the courtroom, and the hallterview where it is revealed that he tried to pick up her at a bus stop back in 1966 when he was a teenager.  Some people never change?

TRIFECTA

Got Milk? - Horsing around while mom tries to nap, electronics are ruined by milk.  The defendants were very prim, propa', collars starched, and smelled of fundamentalist religion.  They were so earnest that JJ condescended to answer a question!  She quickly had a change of mind when the question started with: "But if you leave your things on the counter..." Two gavels.

Runaway Transmission - The Kelly Blue Book deserves a Daytime Emmy for its appearance.  One gavel.

Bad Budget Vow Renewal - Why do people renew their vows?  I always think it's because they were cheating, on the brink of divorce, and got dumped by their mistress/gigolo.  Well, if you're doing to do this foolishness, plan your budget accordingly, no one will believe your bank account was "hacked." Two gavels.

• Love 4

Uncle Hustla - One gavel: pay your taxes, don't sell your truck to pay the IRS then grab it back.  A sale is a sale, loser!

Bus Stop Romeo - Old guy lends some aging tart $800, then she blows him off and doesn't answer his phone calls.  Two gavels because she was pretending to be deaf in the courtroom, and the hallterview where it is revealed that he tried to pick up her at a bus stop back in 1966 when he was a teenager.  Some people never change?

TRIFECTA

Got Milk? - Horsing around while mom tries to nap, electronics are ruined by milk.  The defendants were very prim, propa', collars starched, and smelled of fundamentalist religion.  They were so earnest that JJ condescended to answer a question!  She quickly had a change of mind when the question started with: "But if you leave your things on the counter..." Two gavels.

Runaway Transmission - The Kelly Blue Book deserves a Daytime Emmy for its appearance.  One gavel.

Bad Budget Vow Renewal - Why do people renew their vows?  I always think it's because they were cheating, on the brink of divorce, and got dumped by their mistress/gigolo.  Well, if you're doing to do this foolishness, plan your budget accordingly, no one will believe your bank account was "hacked." Two gavels.

As always, thank you so, so much. I'm on a business trip for the rest of the week and, therefore, will be unable to view JJ* at my regular viewing times. It doesn't sound like I'm going to miss too much tonight.

*I will, however, marathon the hell out of the episodes I miss when I get back to town on Saturday. I'll keep an eye on your recaps so I'll know if there are any four-gavel cases I need to watch first!

Aging Tart Case: It was interesting for a couple of reasons. The first was that the plaintiff recited his complaint in  the most coherent and linear way we've heard in eons. JJ was enthralled with him too.  Aging tart was more of an aging pretzel wearing what appeared to be a bad Phyllis Diller wig and who looked on the verge of lunging and biting the plaintiff. Oh, and she has sinus problems that rendered her deaf.

The uncle who stiffed his nephew: Gross. Uncle reminded me some fraudulent evangelist or a really skeevy used car salesman. I was really wishing JJ would tell Peyton, the nephew, to stay in school instead of being an 18 year old construction worker. He seemed very bright and spoke well - a rarity on this show.

UGH! The jug-eared mechanic who looked like an extra from "The Hills Have Eyes" actually saying, with a straight face, that someone would sell an '06 Impala for $300? He deserved a much worse flogging than he got. JJ needed to use the word "scumbag".

Bad Budget Vow Renewal

Double UGH! Slimy creep def. needed a swift kick in his saggy ass. "Well, yes, I reserved this place for $7100, but I'm such a stupidhead I didn't realize I couldn't afford until the last minute, so the owner can just go pound sand."

On a positive note, I really liked the plaintiff's pink hair. It was cute.

• Love 4

And didn't you love that "we didn't charge her rent for the time she stayed here."  She was there two weeks.  See, in North Carolina, where I'm from, we call that "sittin a spell with the folks."

• Love 4

Bad Budget Vow Renewal - Why do people renew their vows?  I always think it's because they were cheating, on the brink of divorce, and got dumped by their mistress/gigolo.

People renew their vows for yet another Look At Me moment. They like attention.  And presents.  

Why in the hell do you need to make a big, public pronouncement of your continued commitment to your marriage?  When you leave for work in the morning, and come home again at the end of the day, you're showing your commitment to being in the marriage.

• Love 8

It was the standard loan vs. gift, but I liked the case with the sassy seniors. Mainly because of their outfits; I hope I can still rock a (denim!) jumpsuit and afro at her age! She should have spent the $800 on a hearing aid, though.

Suing your girlfriend's mother? He was right, but now they're going to hate each other even more. Good luck having a peaceful Thanksgiving -- ever.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 5

Aging Tart Case: It was interesting for a couple of reasons. The first was that the plaintiff recited his complaint in  the most coherent and linear way we've heard in eons. JJ was enthralled with him too.  Aging tart was more of an aging pretzel wearing what appeared to be a bad Phyllis Diller wig and who looked on the verge of lunging and biting the plaintiff. Oh, and she has sinus problems that rendered her deaf.

And please don't forget about her Beyonce-inspired jumpsuit.  As fierce as she may have tried to look, her faux deafness put her on the Weird List.  I've had ear infections that have affected my hearing...it is a terribly awkward feeling, but usually, instinct leads a person to look at the speaker's mouth.  Berdell just tilted her head like my dog does when I say "Do you want to go for a ride?"

Yes!  That Kelly Blue Book should be nominated for Best Supporting Actor (Live or Inanimate), as it was the center of the suspense in the Runaway Transmission case.  The cameraman, again working his magic, said it all by zooming in carefully on the $5900.  That mechanic with his rotten teeth and some sort of sludge in his ear should be ashamed of himself...but he instead used the hallterview for a teachable moment proclamation about paperwork.  Whatever, dirt.  And the little guy in the red shirt needed to have common sense -- he made it way too easy to get ripped off.  

I knew Tamir was trouble from the jump....I don't care if you gave him a fresh haircut and stuck a bowtie on him - that kid was a Grade A punk.  I have seen that pout-face way too many times, and it is a telltale sign of an asshole kid.  (Sidenote: Kanye West still sports his pout-face, and he is beyond a-hole.)  I thought the mother's attempt to villainize the plaintiff was weak...he dated the daughter in high school, and there was only a 2 year difference.  It wasn't the taboo scenario she tried to set up.  And it was acceptable for Tamir to snatch something out of an adult's hand?  When JJ asked why, Tamir flatly said through his pout, "I wanted to see what it was."  Then, his mother smirked and commended him for being honest.  WTF?!  He's honest?  No, he's a rude little punk.  But why should we expect more, with a mother that phones downstairs when she hears an obvious major kerfuffle....she couldn't be bothered take herself downstairs to investigate a fight that sparked a lawsuit.  And she bitched about the computer on the counter... hon, I'm going to bet that you have your fair share of cell phones, kids' schoolbooks, and babies butts on your counters.  (Can anyone tell that I burned out after many years of teaching in Title 1 schools?  Students like Tamir, mini versions of the Runaway Transmission mechanic, and human versions of pitbulls who are "just playing" made me turn tail and not look back!)

I wonder if vow-renewal Mrs. Heinz is a Mary Kay Representative, with her pink hair and mauve ensemble.  I bet she has the blush pink Cadillac.

Edited by CoolWhipLite
  • Love 9

Other side of the marriage vow renewal thing.

Our wedding was very small.  We had  a running joke for 25 years, where I'd ask him, "If you had it to do over, would you marry me again?"  He said he would, so on our 25th anniversary, we renewed our vows.  The invitations made it clear that there were to be no gifts (cards were okay), and we did serve food to those who joined us.

As we approached our 50th anniversary, we talked about doing it again.  ("We're old and we forget stuff, so we need to say it again.")  This time, we did it on a cruise ship with no one there but us and the captain.  For us, it's not about being the center of attention or getting presents.  We love each other, and enjoy celebrating the commitment we made in 1964.

Those who don't wish to renew vows or attend the ceremony when others do it are free to refrain.  But we'll probably do it again on out 60th, 70th, and 75th anniversaries.

Wanna come?

• Love 10

I have seen that pout-face way too many times, and it is a telltale sign of an asshole kid.  (Sidenote: Kanye West still sports his pout-face, and he is beyond a-hole.)

No kidding to both observations. That was the surliest, most unapologetic kid we've seen in awhile, and if mommy doesn't stop coddling him and making excuses for his obnoxious, bratty behavior she may find the consequences becoming increasingly serious.

AZChristian, 50 years married? Congratulations.:)

• Love 5

Aging Sinus-Impaired Tart reminded me of an extra off some crazy 1960s movie - I thought she was going to break into some kind of dance like the Jerk while Gidget and Moonpie (can't remember his name but I like Moonpies and it's Mardi Gras season soo........) are debating whether to go to the bonfire at the beach. Wasn't that the plot from one of those bad movies? Guy picks up a cute girl at the bus stop and says "baybee, I can make you a STARRRRRR! Here's some cash to buy your pretty little self something frilly" 

Congrats on 50 years AZChristian. I will offer my services to come and sing at your 75th as long as my reflux isn't acting up again. I had 25 under the belt when The Guy Formerly Known as Mr. Hello Patti decided to start hanging out with a homeless female meth addict and. . . . .  well let's just say that's why he's the FORMER Mr. Hello Patti. ;) 

• Love 4

I thought she was going to break into some kind of dance like the Jerk while Gidget and Moonpie (can't remember his name but I like Moonpies and it's Mardi Gras season soo........) are debating whether to go to the bonfire at the beach.

ROFLMAO!! Srsly.

The Guy Formerly Known as Mr. Hello Patti decided to start hanging out with a homeless female meth addict and. . . . .

Sorry to hear that. It sounds like a JJ case we saw not that long ago.

• Love 1

That was the surliest, most unapologetic kid we've seen in awhile, and if mommy doesn't stop coddling him and making excuses for his obnoxious, bratty behavior she may find the consequences becoming increasingly serious.

No kidding. No wonder she has no influnce on her daughter dating an "older man". Once you raise them as spoiled and surly they turn on you.

One look at the rental/event agent and I barely noticed her pink hair- that wrap around cheetah necklace was all I could see. I had Mr. knitorpurl open his eyes (he actually naps through this drama when he gets home early enough) to show him a "classy" Valentine Day gift idea. He promptly returned to napping. Can't imagine how much that piece of jewlery weighs around your neck.

• Love 2

Other side of the marriage vow renewal thing.

Our wedding was very small.  We had  a running joke for 25 years, where I'd ask him, "If you had it to do over, would you marry me again?"  He said he would, so on our 25th anniversary, we renewed our vows.  The invitations made it clear that there were to be no gifts (cards were okay), and we did serve food to those who joined us.

As we approached our 50th anniversary, we talked about doing it again.  ("We're old and we forget stuff, so we need to say it again.")  This time, we did it on a cruise ship with no one there but us and the captain.  For us, it's not about being the center of attention or getting presents.  We love each other, and enjoy celebrating the commitment we made in 1964.

Those who don't wish to renew vows or attend the ceremony when others do it are free to refrain.  But we'll probably do it again on out 60th, 70th, and 75th anniversaries.

Wanna come?

I wanna come, and since I'm a fellow Arizonan, I won't have to go too far.

My parents did it for their 50th anniversary several years ago. My dad had a stroke last year, so if they get to 60, I'm going to ask them to do it again, on my dime. I measure my relationships in months rather than years, so anyone who makes it that long can renew their vows as often as they like. More power to them!

• Love 6

The defendant pulled off something almost unheard of. A very rare "Yes" from JJ when asked if she will answer a question....combined with a halt to her exit from the bench. She quickly and correctly reconsidered though, since she doesn't answer questions of course.

Berdell just tilted her head like my dog does when I say "Do you want to go for a ride?"

Haha! Love it! You know if it was me and I was having that difficult of a time hearing, I might look into rescheduling my court case. Just a thought.

• Love 3

No kidding to both observations. That was the surliest, most unapologetic kid we've seen in awhile, and if mommy doesn't stop coddling him and making excuses for his obnoxious, bratty behavior she may find the consequences becoming increasingly serious.

In which case she will get *precisely* what she deserves.  But of course she'll still bitch about it.

• Love 1

A very rare "Yes" from JJ when asked if she will answer a question....combined with a halt to her exit from the bench.

As soon as she realized that the "question" was a hypothetical to make one last attempt to excuse the behavior of her hell spawn, JJ was outta there.

When Mom was bitching about this older man seducing her daughter, I thought maybe he was 30 and she was 17. He's TWO friggin'  years old than she is.

• Love 4

Students like Tamir, mini versions of the Runaway Transmission mechanic, and human versions of pitbulls who are "just playing" made me turn tail and not look back!)

CoolWhipLite, add to that the over-indulgent my-child-can-do-no-wrong or the totally disinterested parent and you have my reason for deciding education our youth was not for me.

• Love 2

Mistress Huge Honking Nose - This is definitely four gavels on the basis of the fishnet stockings, leather bustier, and BDSM getup described in the hallterview. Is that the most absurd claim of sexiness ever?  I wonder what kind of arrangement was advertised on craigslist, rooming several young men, two to a bedroom, with a weekly rate.  Was her kitchen floor licked clean by slave boys?  Trouble started when cougar with a whip meddled with one of her sex slaves' divorce, first lending him $1000 from what must be the generous proceeds of her exciting trade, then siding with his wife in court after she saw a knife.  She likes to give pain, not receive it!

Dumb Car Deal - Some nice people, got mixed up in a boring, bad idea.  One gavel.

Fatal Attraction Widow - Now, that's a plan!  Your husband drops dead of a heart attack at the ripe old age of 28, you collect a measly 50K of insurance to help raise your 4 yr old, and what do you do?  Throw that money at the first charismatic gigolo that crosses your path, and when he won't marry you, go Fatal Attraction on him.  Too bad these people that claim to have been fired because of crazy work stalkers never bring their bosses to testify.  Three gavels.

Whose Vicious Dog-Eating Pitbull Is This, Anyway? - I love canine demons cases because their irresponsible, delusional owners are always entertainingly infuriating. The twist in this case was that the owner may or may not have re-homed the canine cannibal before it feasted on a terrier.  I'm glad JJ worried about that complicated timeline and the pink collar so I don't have to.  One gavel, and I love dog cases.

• Love 2