Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

Yes, the owner of the house the 4 guys were renting wanted to sell it, gave them 6 months notice.  One of the guys was really pissed off, so he sent her (and her 10 yr old) dick pics.  Oooh, was JJ mad!

Figures.  We didn't get that one, and the chances of finding it online are probably pretty slim.  To avoid getting overrun on the DVR, we finally set it to record only new eps.

I left you guys for a while but I decided this September to record just new JJ episodes after the two hours a day just overwhelmed me last year. 

We had some breaking news that interrupted the episode with "Rosie Perez" and James Glass vs the Battlin' Boston (?) Landlords.  What happened?  There was welfare fraud, worms, asthma, pot, mean grannies, just a bunch of stuff!

I did not hear what Doggie Daddie mumbled under his breath and I was going to head right here to ask you Preverts what he said.  Fortunately, I looked at my watch and saw that the show was five minutes short, so I stuck around.  When the court recalled the case, I was ready for some JJ fireworks.  I LOVE the way she just laid into him and threatened to pull his emolument.  He lives in "Washington" and I wondered DC rather than the state.  Either way, it's a damn long walk home with a pissed off soon-to-be-ex-girlfriend.  And, yes, JJ knew what "she took a shower" meant -- and girlfriend did, too.  I really am glad they are fighting over a dog and not a real baby.  

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

My guess? He went over to the ex's house from the new girlfriend's place in hopes of getting some extracurricular nookie, and when she turned him down he took the dog as retaliation. Call it a hunch.

My guess is that she was expecting him to join her in the shower and he took off with the dog instead. 

• Love 5

I loved the dog episode! I also think JJ was telling the jerk that not only would the show not fly him home, they would also not cover anything else, which I think meant that they would not pay for his hotel stay which would be a serious burn. I hope the puppy makes it back home safe!

• Love 7

One of the guys was really pissed off, so he sent her (and her 10 yr old) dick pics.

He actually posted online, I believe an ad, suggesting she was "available" for salacious activities.  She said she was still being contacted in response to the ad, although he said it had been taken down. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Quof said:

He actually posted online, I believe an ad, suggesting she was "available" for salacious activities.  She said she was still being contacted in response to the ad, although he said it had been taken down. 

That is true about the Craigslist ad; something to the effect of "Call me!  Talk nasty to me and don't take no for an answer!  I'll pretend I'm offended, but keep it up!"  But JJ showed the room mates something on the cellphone and I THINK it was a dick pic, because said room mates recoiled, and I don't think they would do that for an ad consisting only of text.

• Love 3

Dick pics? Talk nasty to me? The insufficient phone company? OH god I haven't had a chance to watch these yet, and here I am all excited over the case of the Not-so-sweet-Caroline, only because it's so unusual to see a man on the plantiff's side of the room in these cases.

Caroline, who is manager for her actress daughter (who has never acted) but mainly works the customer service desk for a furniture joint (probably one of those "Bob's Discount Furniture" places) uses her online dating profile to supplement her income. Plaintiff was willing, without ever meeting her, to start sending her money. Caroline really needed to fly to L.A. to  negociate a contract for her daughter the actress, or whatever, but Caroline is broke so calls plaintiff and gives him her sad story.  He sends her airfare. We don't know what really happened because the slippery and slimy Caroline wouldn't know the truth if it jumped up and punched her in the face. Caroline is not what one would call a raving beauty. In fact, she kind of looks like a big, husky man in drag and you'd think she'd be happy she found a reasonable, seemingly nice man who was interested in her and not scam him. Good luck to her finding more suckers to pay her rent, after this appearance.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Quof said:

And a little bit delusional, since she set up both a wedding registry and baby registry with the defendant. 

Holy shit, I missed this!  And the conniving little bitch was only 20!  God knows what nightmares await those in her orbit. Dad deserves every bit of shit she kicks up.

@AngelaHunter I've moved on from wine....

Edited by SandyToes
Amaziing how a little vodka frees the emotions.
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

I think it must have been more horrendous than dick pics what the raging below the surface guy sent. And was it stated that he sent them to a ten year old relative of the plaintiff? Because JJ was very specific in asking the defendant witness how he would feel if he had a ten year old sister who got sent  those kinds of pictures (she asked about sisters, he said two older two younger, youngest 21 and JJ went beyond that to What if you had a ten year old sister?). Did the sicko rager send stuff to a child?? Wouldn't that be a felony? 

I know. :(  I hate to even imagine what it could have been.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

"I have an insufficient phone company."

Also, I bet the woman in the case where her cousin was suing her wished she'd filed a police report instead of specifying that she was only reporting the damaged/stolen items for insurance purposes.

The poor woman with the "insufficient" phone -- JJ picks up on various kinds of disabilities way quicker than I do.  At first I thought the plaintiff was hard of hearing, the way she turned her head and leaned forward.  

And the inheritance case!  I've heard of short fuses but plaintiff had no fuse at all.  He couldn't control himself, even after JJ told him the "landscape has changed".  Defendant was probably afraid to file a police report.  That said, the grasping bitch gets no sympathy from me.  But neither does the plaintiff, who probably wouldn't have moved to California unless his job took him there.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

And the inheritance case!  I've heard of short fuses but plaintiff had no fuse at all.  He couldn't control himself, even after JJ told him the "landscape has changed".  Defendant was probably afraid to file a police report.  That said, the grasping bitch gets no sympathy from me.  But neither does the plaintiff, who probably wouldn't have moved to California unless his job took him there.

I was afraid the plaintiff's head was going to explode right there in the courtroom!  But I hated the defendant. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, SandyToes said:

I've moved on from wine....

I always move on from wine after dinner. I move on to the Grand Marnier and lately, Drambuie as well before coming here. Maybe I'll  sue the show for giving me a drinking problem, because it can't be MY fault.  OH god, I hope I don't have an emergency, like to go get fake talons, a titty tat or go on a booty call after all that imbibing. I just know my insurance will "lap" 5 minutes before I get caught driving drunk and I'll have to axe one of you to bail me out and I'll promise to pay you back whenever I get my taxes unless you start sending me harassing texas which automatically convert loans into gifts and then you don't get nothing until JJ makes me pay you and I can crow in the hall, "Never trust anyone!" and "It is what it is!"

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I always move on from wine after dinner. I move on to the Grand Marnier and lately, Drambuie as well before coming here. Maybe I'll  sue the show for giving me a drinking problem, because it can't be MY fault.  OH god, I hope I don't have an emergency, like to go get fake talons, a titty tat or go on a booty call after all that imbibing. I just know my insurance will "lap" 5 minutes before I get caught driving drunk and I'll have to axe one of you to bail me out and I'll promise to pay you back whenever I get my taxes unless you start sending me harassing texas which automatically convert loans into gifts and then you don't get nothing until JJ makes me pay you and I can crow in the hall, "Never trust anyone!" and "It is what it is!"

Just don't tell Her Honor "she's not getting that dog."

• Love 6
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

. . . I can crow in the hall, "Never trust anyone!" and "It is what it is!"

They had two sisters as litigants on one of the court shows this week (I think it was People's Court).  Anyway, they BOTH said "It is what it is" in the halterview, so I knew they were both scammers.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

OH god, I hope I don't have an emergency, like to go get fake talons, a titty tat or go on a booty call after all that imbibing. I just know my insurance will "lap" 5 minutes before I get caught driving drunk and I'll have to axe one of you to bail me out and I'll promise to pay you back whenever I get my taxes unless you start sending me harassing texas which automatically convert loans into gifts and then you don't get nothing until JJ makes me pay you and I can crow in the hall, "Never trust anyone!" and "It is what it is!"

This is the most classic aggregate of Judge Judy cases that I've seen to date..

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

They had two sisters as litigants on one of the court shows this week (I think it was People's Court).  Anyway, they BOTH said "It is what it is" in the halterview, so I knew they were both scammers.

It is my fondest dream that all investigative and prosecutorial units in the U.S. might relinquish all efforts against Hillary, Obama, or any of the Trumps, related to (but not limited to) non-secure servers, Benghazi, unauthorized wiretapping or placement of surveillance-capable microwaves, bad hair dye jobs and unrealistic-appearing fake tans, illegal campaign finances, collusion with Russia,  and instead to concentrate efforts on something of actual importance: identifying and prosecuting (for crimes against humanity or any other charge that appears to have the slightest  chance of being made to stick) whatever individual  first uttered the words  It is what it is.  Whoever coined the term deserves to fry .

• Love 8

Hmmmm, seriously? Captions didn't put that up so I guess I am missing out on a lot also!

Oh, I didn't get it from the show. When the parties have distinctive names, the World Wide Web reveals all sorts of things.....

• Love 5
7 hours ago, jilliannatalia said:

It is my fondest dream that all investigative and prosecutorial units in the U.S. might relinquish all efforts against Hillary, Obama, or any of the Trumps, related to (but not limited to) non-secure servers, Benghazi, unauthorized wiretapping or placement of surveillance-capable microwaves, bad hair dye jobs and unrealistic-appearing fake tans, illegal campaign finances, collusion with Russia,  and instead to concentrate efforts on something of actual importance: identifying and prosecuting (for crimes against humanity or any other charge that appears to have the slightest  chance of being made to stick) whatever individual  first uttered the words  It is what it is.  Whoever coined the term deserves to fry .

Now THAT is a bi-partisan effort I could fully support.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

Miss Caroline, why do you want to scam a man who wears a gold hoop earring?? That is one of my swoon things. I go Eh, you got your ear pierced when a guy wears little post earrings. But if you have a gold hoop, I gulp and want to throw away my life and run away with him. Can't explain it, but it is true.

I understand this completely.  There is something about a man with a gold hoop, piratey, I guess.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I get caught driving drunk and I'll have to axe one of you to bail me out and I'll promise to pay you back whenever I get my taxes unless

Not to worry, my friend.  I'll borrow you the money for sure!

• Love 7
3 hours ago, SandyToes said:

Not to worry, my friend.  I'll borrow you the money for sure!

Thanks! When you have to sue me to pay you back, I"ll just announce to the fugazi audience and JJ that you "just wanted to act all high and mighty and be a big shot" when you loaned, err - I mean GAVE me the money and you're just money-hungry.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

Thanks! When you have to sue me to pay you back, I"ll just announce to the fugazi audience and JJ that you "just wanted to act all high and mighty and be a big shot" when you loaned, err - I mean GAVE me the money and you're just money-hungry.

And don't forget to countersue for harassment for daring to axe for the money back.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

Oh, MY!  Ms Valencia is a piece of work, eh?  Wide-eyed innocence, trying to pawn off an infant on her mom!  But it is none of her mom's husband's BUSINESS.  Jeez!  Destructive, biting, etc.  Oh dear oh dear.

But he had it coming to him.

He gave her "verbage".

Lordy!!  AngelaHunter are you the bartender for the virtual JJ bar?

I'll take a sidecar.  Very cold.

Thank you.

Miss Valencia was also listed as disabled on the chyron was she not? But pretty healthy to run the streets as her step dad said...I feel bad for the poor baby involved...the mom was so desperate to go out she was going to leave her with a friend's mom...

Was the one with th pregnant girl who was annoyed her boyfriend of a nanosecond was talking to "some females"? Her mom came dressed in her best top that showed off her bra clasp. Classy.

• Love 5

I'm so sick of people saying "He had another female there", or "I didn't want to let her know I was with another female".  Does anyone ever say "She had another male there"?  Or "I didn't want her to know that I was seeing another male"?

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

I'm so sick of people saying "He had another female there", or "I didn't want to let her know I was with another female".  Does anyone ever say "She had another male there"?  Or "I didn't want her to know that I was seeing another male"?

I just HATE THAT!  A female is the gender of  a dog or a cat.  It is NOT a specific human being!  GRRR!!

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

Oh, MY!  Ms Valencia is a piece of work, eh?  Wide-eyed innocence, trying to pawn off an infant on her mom!  But it is none of her mom's husband's BUSINESS.  Jeez!  Destructive, biting, etc.  Oh dear oh dear.

There are no words.  That heifer seriously thought that leaving a baby with her mom had "nothing to do" with her stepfather!  I would love to know the nature of her disability.  If it's not mental issues, it should be.

20 minutes ago, kacesq said:

Was the one with th pregnant girl who was annoyed her boyfriend of a nanosecond was talking to "some females"? Her mom came dressed in her best top that showed off her bra clasp. Classy

Le sigh.  Pregnant.  Supposed to be in school but clearly no interest in that.   Mom an enabler.  But the young man learned a valuable lesson:  "Date one girl at a time."  Indeed.

I watched a binge of these so I don't remember all the particulars but in two different cases, JJ declared, "She didn't pay you in wampum..."  Cracked me up.  The one litigant was that stunning black woman with the platinum hair that barely had to say 2 words.  I love cases like that.  And she gifted JJ a copy of her book.  Cool.

If I live to be 100, I will never stop being amazed at how nasty families can get when there's an estate involved.  We'll never know what she was thinking but deceased sister had some nerve naming her brother the Trustee but bequeathing everything to that shady cousin. JJ had no time for that sneaky, greedy, VAIN! wench.  Bitch, no one really cares how old you are.  You have a black heart.

• Love 13

I thought the book lady was quite a handsome woman.  All JJ litigants should be so classy -- no wonder JJ was so nice to her, it's a palate cleanser!

Step daughter was a nasty piece of work.  She and co-ho wanted to go steppin' and dump the kid on mom -- Hell, no step don't want to pay for someone else's mistake.  Please God her disability makes her infertile.  Step (and Byrd) are already paying for the nasty girl.

• Love 9

The case with the pregnant girl going Jazmine Sullivan on her new boo's car was funny. The boyfriend had a strong brow. Her seemed like a nice enough young man, but he probably doesn't get a lot of people messing with him because of his face is on perma-furrow.

• Love 10

One day my brother shows up at my mom's house with a puppy that a friend of his just couldn't take care of. She was a nurse, she worked crazy hours that were incompatible with puppy-walking. Puppy eventually became my dog. (Best dog ever.)

I just cannot imagine someone doing the same thing with a baby.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, 27bored said:

The case with the pregnant girl going Jazmine Sullivan on her new boo's car was funny. The boyfriend had a strong brow. Her seemed like a nice enough young man, but he probably doesn't get a lot of people messing with him because of his face is on perma-furrow.

Soon as I saw him, my first thought was "Lurch" from the Addams Family

• Love 4

Sure wish we had some of the good, old fashioned, snarky reviews by @Toaster Strudel with her award-winning gavel rating. There have been some good cases lately that she could sink her teeth into. 

Please note that not knowing whether our dear Toaster is male or female, I have opted to use feminine pronouns.

• Love 11

Damn! I'm trying so hard to catch up on what's important, but seem to fall behind more and more.

I just saw the case with the P.I. suing the shady adjuster. I liked it because it was different. The fact that the beastly def's witness/familar/cheerleader was even more beastly than def. was a bonus.

Mr. Rainbolt? With his affect and teeny, bleached little man-bun, (sorry, but I despise that trend) I was a bit surprised at his yen for really big girls. Plaintiff and her daddy were both ridiculous. Marli, stop spending your time buying frames, filing cabinets, etc. for Rainbow (or others of his ilk) and trying to mess up his life (which I doubt is enviable) with juvenile prank phone calls. You are 20 years old, morbidly obese and really should concentrate on yourself, your future and your health. Her daddy - way older -  looked no less foolish, trying to sue Rainbow for not fixing his dryer properly. The apple really doesn't fall far from the tree, does it?

Best case so far: The filled-with-rage, chinless cousin (Whose "Rosie the Riveter" big-mouthed wife got the boot for her inability to STFU which seems to be a family trait) suing his other cousin for accusing him of theft. Such a twist! I loved it. Turns out def. who initially seemed like the injured party is actually quite a lying viper. She, a middle-aged, seemingly intelligent/educated woman, had no idea she was supposed to call the police when finding evidence of a crime. Her insurance adjuster told her to wait a few weeks, cuz that makes sense.

With the "insufficient phone company" - JJ recognized instantly that plaintiff perhaps had some challenges, but even so she was able to prevail over the overstuffed, moon-faced asshole def. who is old enough to have a gray beard but still scams money from his stupid girlfriend's guillible  mom and can't pay it back. Yes, plaintiff really seemed the type to go into the car-flipping business. Really, does someone like def. feel not an ounce of shame at being exposed as a disgusting piece of shit?

I have not reached the dick pic case.

ETA: On the subject of dick pics: They are the new-age calling card. If a man is interested in you, he no longer asks if he can call you, if you'd like to meet him for coffee or that he would like to know you better. He immediately says, "Here's a photograph of my testicles and my penis, both flaccid and erect, and shaved dolphin-smooth, so my genitals have the appearance of a toddler's" and from that you should decide if a relationship is in the stars. Ah, romance. Brings a tear to my eye!

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 13
45 minutes ago, Angeltoes said:

Being 50+, my first reaction to a dick pic would be to laugh hysterically.   I wish men could understand that their "happy place" really isn't all that interesting to most women.  Seen one, you've seen them all.

Truly.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Angeltoes said:

I wish men could understand that their "happy place" really isn't all that interesting to most women. 

Seriously. Looking at anonymous or disembodied penii is of zero interest to me unless it's attached to someone I already know/ I'm already attracted to/in a relationship with.

There's a Reddit forum dedicated to men posting selfies in which they display their genitals in every conceivable presentation and maybe even standing on their heads. Some are a little coy - "Who wants to see what's under my towel?" Gee, how many guesses do I get?) In small doses, it's quite funny. But maybe we're just obsolete. These days this seems an expected mating ritual, like a peacock waving its tail feathers around.  The death of courtship and romance are pretty sad, actually.

21 hours ago, Spunkygal said:

Sure wish we had some of the good, old fashioned, snarky reviews by @Toaster Strudel with her award-winning gavel rating.

This is the troof. Many times they were the highlight of my day.

• Love 6
On 9/15/2017 at 3:12 PM, SuburbanHangSuite said:

If I live to be 100, I will never stop being amazed at how nasty families can get when there's an estate involved.  We'll never know what she was thinking but deceased sister had some nerve naming her brother the Trustee but bequeathing everything to that shady cousin. JJ had no time for that sneaky, greedy, VAIN! wench.  Bitch, no one really cares how old you are.  You have a black heart.

I was the trustee on a family trust and not telling someone they are the trustee or what the terms of the trust are is all kinds of wrong.  During their life my mother and step-father contemplated various iterations of the trust for their total of 5 kids.  I told my mother it was their money and they could do what they wanted with it. My only requirement for acting as trustee was that they couldn't set it up in a way that would make any of the siblings hate me. Otherwise I would decline to act as trustee.  So they went for an even split and it was handled without trauma.

However I am also trustee on various cousins and aunts/uncles trusts because that one branch of the family is incapable and has issues. I expect those trusts to be a pain in the ass as various people find out they aren't getting any $$.

• Love 4
On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 9:48 PM, AuntiePam said:

Maybe it was one of those policies that can be turned into cash when the kid reaches a certain age.  ?? 

I got suckered into buying these kinds of policies for my nieces and nephews when they were very young. A co workers husband was an insurance salesman and they convinced me that paying just a few dollars a payroll check for each child would pretty much guarantee that by the time they were 18 the policy dividends would cover the premiums and that when they were 25/30 years old the policies would have enough cash value to help with a down payment on a house or buy a car, help with a wedding etc.

Well after nearly 30 years of paying for 5 of these polices ( avg $40 a check, the dividends I let be used to purchase addt;l insurance") the average cash value for each is just a few dollars more than I paid over the years. I would have been better off with savings bonds or an annuity fund.

I made the parents the beneficiaries and even spoke to them before buying the policy so that they wouldn't think I was looking to make a buck if a tragedy happened. 

• Love 4