Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, NYCFree said:

Not only did plaintiff go to defendant's house for an EYE tattoo. According to the defendant, she told the plaintiff that she had never actually done it before and plaintiff still went through with it. It being getting a tattoo. On her EYE.

Yeah, and didn't the first time eye tat lady just finish testifying that she had been doing the procedure for 6 months?

• Love 1

JJ had no time for the diesel fuel case.  And that was the oldest looking 19 year old I've ever seen!  I know someone who's car was ruined by diesel pumped by an attendant at a full-service gas station so I wonder if it's as impossible to make that mistake as the Plaintiff was trying to argue. 

1 hour ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

JJ had no time for the diesel fuel case.  And that was the oldest looking 19 year old I've ever seen!  I know someone who's car was ruined by diesel pumped by an attendant at a full-service gas station so I wonder if it's as impossible to make that mistake as the Plaintiff was trying to argue. 

A leaded hose won't fit into an unleaded car - discovered that in the UK, when I didn't realize leaded was still a thing so I'd pulled up to the leaded pump without realizing - but AFAICT they only rely on color coding between diesel and gas. The first TWoP recap I ever read was the one for the Amazing Racers who put gas in their diesel cars and killed them.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Brattinella said:

God, it all just gives me the heebie-jeebies!

Me too! Anything to do with eyeballs - be it surgery, poking, tattooing and even contact lenses - skeeves me out. Biggest skeeve of all time? People who get their actual eyeballs tattooed. Yes, they do! Eeeek! The plaintiff was just getting the eyelid done, but even so, look how close the lash line is to the eyeball.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Me too! Anything to do with eyeballs - be it surgery, poking, tattooing and even contact lenses - skeeves me out. Biggest skeeve of all time? People who get their actual eyeballs tattooed. Yes, they do! Eeeek! The plaintiff was just getting the eyelid done, but even so, look how close the lash line is to the eyeball.

Well, it could have been far worse.  She could have contracted MRSA (necrotizing fasciitis) and lost her eyeballs entirely.  UGH!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

People who get their actual eyeballs tattooed. Yes, they do! Eeeek! 

Hold on. Full stop - Screeching halt - Eyeballs? EYEBALLS??? Tattooed eyeballs? Why? 

That's a thing? 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Hockeymom said:

Hold on. Full stop - Screeching halt - Eyeballs? EYEBALLS??? Tattooed eyeballs? Why? 

That's a thing? 

I can recall some side-show type guy who had tattooed BLACK eyeballs.  He also has implanted horns and some facial implants, along with pierced and tattooed face, etc.  UGH.

• Love 1

I had zero empathy for the plaintiff who had to give up the chipped service dog.  Not sure that I believe that her life was ruined over the situation with the dog and making a point of throwing in her mental issues felt like a "poor me" ploy to get more $$.  There was something phony about her request for pain and suffering that didn't sit right with me - instead of the case just being about the dog, she made it all about her.

• Love 2

I had microblading a few months ago (basically tattooed eyebrows).   I went to the aesthetician I have seen for years, she had just learned the technique and I waited until she had done 100 before I let her do mine.  Her shop is meticulous about hygiene. 

I got pink eye the next day.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Brattinella said:

@Hockeymom, did you find the man I was referring to?

Yes. Yes I did. And skeleton people and "demon people" and lizard people, and lots of interesting places to put metal.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Hockeymom said:

Yes. Yes I did. And skeleton people and "demon people" and lizard people, and lots of interesting places to put metal.

Why don't these people just have "Pleaseeeeeesssss Look at Me"  tattooed on their foreheads?

• Love 1
17 hours ago, patty1h said:

I had zero empathy for the plaintiff who had to give up the chipped service dog.  Not sure that I believe that her life was ruined over the situation with the dog and making a point of throwing in her mental issues felt like a "poor me" ploy to get more $$.  There was something phony about her request for pain and suffering that didn't sit right with me - instead of the case just being about the dog, she made it all about her.

Funny  how someone is severely agoraphobic and has had her whole life turned up side down (from losing a dog she had for 2 months), manages to  leave her house, go clear across the country to face JJ and a studio audience to try to grab that $5K she thought she needed. I call BS.

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, Schnickelfritz said:

Funny  how someone is severely agoraphobic and has had her whole life turned up side down (from losing a dog she had for 2 months), manages to  leave her house, go clear across the country to face JJ and a studio audience to try to grab that $5K she thought she needed. I call BS.

Don't doubt she may be troubled, but I had the same thoughts. I suppose mom may have been acting as her security blanket on the trip, but she certainly didn't act like those folks behind her in court were making her nervous. Wonder if she might not be self diagnosed? Anyone can get nervous going out in public, doesn't mean you're agoraphobic. Other thing which struck me as odd, she waited 5 years after her previous dog died before adopting another.... course that's just me, the dude who can't have just one at a time. The great thing about dogs, she could be nutter than a fruit cake, and a dog will still show unconditional love - even worship.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, khyber said:
13 hours ago, Hockeymom said:

Why don't these people just have "Pleaseeeeeesssss Look at Me"  tattooed on their foreheads?

Don't give them any ideas!

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Brattinella said:

I can recall some side-show type guy who had tattooed BLACK eyeballs.  He also has implanted horns and some facial implants, along with pierced and tattooed face, etc.  UGH.

I once watched a program about prison, "Locked Up" (maybe), and there were PRISONERS that were tattooing each others eyeballs with INK FROM A PEN! The hell???? They were taking red ink from a ball point pen and a needle and tattooing the whites of each others eyeballs. They had to be all covert about it because this was against prison rules, of course. How they kept quiet and didn't scream their faces off is beyond me. Good heavens.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

"Tooken" still slays me.

I was just thinking that by the same principle of verb conjugation . . .

"make" would be "mooken"

"bake" would be "booken"

"rake" would be "rooken"

"wake" would be "wooken"

and "fake" would be "fooken"--that one would probably come up a lot on this show!

• Love 11
3 hours ago, TipseyGirl said:

there were PRISONERS that were tattooing each others eyeballs with INK FROM A PEN!

*Runs away screaming*

25 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

and "fake" would be "fooken"--that one would probably come up a lot on this show!

Everyone would sound like Liverpudlians. Now that would be cool.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mondrianyone said:

"make" would be "mooken"

"bake" would be "booken"

"rake" would be "rooken"

"wake" would be "wooken"

Oh, dear!  Tears are streaming down my face from uncontrollable laughter!  Thank you!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mondrianyone said:

"make" would be "mooken"

"bake" would be "booken"

"rake" would be "rooken"

"wake" would be "wooken"

I think this wins "Post of the Day!"    And yeah, there's lots of "fooken" that goes on amongst these folks! 

6 hours ago, khyber said:

And these are the very same people who holler, "Why you starin' at me?!"   Well, gee.....

• Love 6

Pallid, mouthy Beta male Shawn(in explaining why a door in his rental property was missing): "The police had came and kicked down the door." I hate it when that happens, but I just consider it part of normal wear and tear. The last time the cops had came and kicked in MY door, I just ate the cost of repairs.

• Love 7

I loved that tow truck guy had on a tie...with tow trucks on it! Well done, sir! :slow clap:

Guardian lady who used to date Korey's uncle: if you're going to choose two colors to dye your hair, at least choose two colors that compliment your skin and eye color. That glaring yellow and orange made me think of the eclipse's corona.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Spunkygal said:

I loved that tow truck guy had on a tie...with tow trucks on it! Well done, sir! :slow clap:

Guardian lady who used to date Korey's uncle: if you're going to choose two colors to dye your hair, at least choose two colors that compliment your skin and eye color. That glaring yellow and orange made me think of the eclipse's corona.

I kinda liked that hair -- and I'm pretty conservative.  Heck, I didn't pierce my ears until I was in my 40's.

But what a messy case that was!  I couldn't make any sense of it.  Korey cashes her paychecks, gives her guardian 75%, they have a joint bank account, and they still have to transfer money back and forth?  Made me dizzy.

• Love 5

I think - and I'm no doctor - that the eyeball may have more feeling than any other organ judging from the pain when I accidentally poked mine with a branch. It's nature's way of saying, "Don't DO that!!"

ETA: So I had to look it up. This show has me Googling the oddest things. Anyway:

All parts of the eye likely have pain receptors with the exception of the retina-but even the retina may still be involved with creating pain from light.

https://www.quora.com/Which-parts-of-the-eyes-have-pain-receptors-and-which-parts-lack-them

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 2
On 8/18/2017 at 4:31 AM, Giant Misfit said:

Oh, Byrd. You're such a card!

I haven't seen the episode yet, but I assume JJ didn't acknowledge her presence in the court? The only other time I remember a "celeb" bring present in the gallery was some football coach (?) and JJ gave him a shout out from the bench...I think.

I remember that. It was Jim Harbaugh, of University of Michigan and formerly of the 49ers, and his father, a retired college coach, who sat in the front row of her gallery. When JJ visited with the two of them in her chamber following a case,, it appeared almost as though the fan status was mutual.  This seemed rather funny, as Jim Harbaugh has been called "the Donald Trump of football." He stirs up trouble pretty much everywhere he goes, and he's quite good at it.  He had at least two major feuds with other NFL coaches, and now that he's back in college football, he ignites feuds almost everywhere he goes. He has recruiting wars going on all over the nation. He's known for actions that are technically within the letter of a given rule  but frequently in violation of the spirit of the rule, almost like what the late Kelli Filkins tried to do in the cell phone scam except that she tripped herself up by listing the phones' weight in the product specifications; Jim Harbaugh would not have made that mistake had he chosen to make use of his talents as an ebay scammer instead of as a football coach. While I wouldn't exactly call Jim Harbaugh a scammer or a hustler (or is it "hustlah"?),  he is almost surely a wise guy, and wise guys seem to rank third only to scammers and hustlers when it comes to being on the receiving end of JJ's bad blood. 

I don't really care about football (I know  any  of this only because I have a husband who cares about football), so I find Harbaugh's antics somewhat amusing.   It doesn't seem as though JJ would look favorably upon Harbaugh's almost trademark behavior. I wonder if her honor had any clue as to Jim Harbaugh's reputation.

Edited by jilliannatalia
29 minutes ago, jilliannatalia said:

I remember that. It was Jim Harbaugh, of University of Michigan and formerly of the 49ers

When he was still with the 49ers the local stations would run an ad with him talking about how much he loved JJ - it's the section of this interview from the 28 to 38 second marks:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap2000000143923/Jim-Harbaugh-draws-inspiration-from-Judge-Judy

I don't know if they were advertising JJ, the 49ers, or just the local news station.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, Jamoche said:

When he was still with the 49ers the local stations would run an ad with him talking about how much he loved JJ - it's the section of this interview from the 28 to 38 second marks:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap2000000143923/Jim-Harbaugh-draws-inspiration-from-Judge-Judy

I don't know if they were advertising JJ, the 49ers, or just the local news station.

Thanks for linking this.

9 hours ago, jilliannatalia said:

I remember that. It was Jim Harbaugh, of University of Michigan and formerly of the 49ers, and his father, a retired college coach, who sat in the front row of her gallery.

Thanks, @jilliannatalia! I know absolutely nothing about football and have never heard of Jim Harbaugh (beyond his appearance on JJ). Maybe JJ felt a kinship with another yelling-prone, rich person? 

Yesterday's case with the minor suing her caretaker for cash irritated me. No, the woman had no business charging her for the family's cable bill, but, having lived with a friend's parents during my teen years, I could never, ever imagine taking her parents to court over a couple hundred dollars. I would have been horribly ashamed of myself for shitting on their kindness. 

44 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Thanks, @jilliannatalia! I know absolutely nothing about football and have never heard of Jim Harbaugh (beyond his appearance on JJ). Maybe JJ felt a kinship with another yelling-prone, rich person? 

Yesterday's case with the minor suing her caretaker for cash irritated me. No, the woman had no business charging her for the family's cable bill, but, having lived with a friend's parents during my teen years, I could never, ever imagine taking her parents to court over a couple hundred dollars. I would have been horribly ashamed of myself for shitting on their kindness. 

Giant Misfit, you were probably thoughtful and courteous when you stayed with a friend's [arents.

i didn't live with anyone other than my parents or in a college dorm when I was a minor, but one of my friends did. She wasn't the most responsible or grateful kid, which was part of the reason she left her parents' home, though her friends didn't quite see it that way at first..  Her parents were religious  (a church that didn't celebrate holidays or birthdays) and she didn't want to live by what she considered draconian rules.  We all believed everything she said at first, but eventually heard her parents' side of the story.  We stuck with her but tried to appeal to her sense of fairness. When I was away at college, she called my parents and asked to live with them in my old room after she had worn out her welcome at with another friend's parents. My parents told her that they considered her parents to be friends, and that they knew her parents wanted her to come home. My parents told her it would be a metaphorical slap in the face to her parents if my parents  were to allow her to her move into their home, although she could, of course, stay for a few nights while she thought about things and decided what to do next. She did stay for a few days, then went briefly to an aunt's/uncle's home, then returned home and stayed with her parents until she was married and graduated from a local university five years later. 

My point here is that my friend was immature and not very gracious at the time. She let one family's dog escape through carelessness, and it took over a week to locate the dog. She burned bridges at two places where she stayed. But even she, as unreasonable and immature as she was at the time,   didn't consider suing any of the people with whom she stayed during her time away from her parents.  The young woman on JJ should have been ashamed of herself.

• Love 5

I’m in a down mood today so I’ve been watching some old eps on YouTube via my AppleTV. Ya gotta be quick! They vanish pretty quickly. In any case, I’ve been cracking up for a while about an old case in which a homeowner that had a gaggle of drunken guests over to watch a football game, found her husband (who was previously passed out drunk in bed with several grandchildren) and one of the trashy guests in a compromising position in the garage and whacked her across the face with a piece of firewood. The universe helped me get a good laugh today.

• Love 9

Hornbuckle is in high demand. He needn't spend one second alone between women  and I can see why. Not only does he have a pulse (which is normally the only requirement demanded by the women on this show) but he has a job! *gasp* Aquesha was so desperate for a warm body she was willing to move this stranger into her home with her three children (of course she's a single mother) one week after meeting him. Is he a criminal? A drug addict? A child molester? Who knows or cares? Get in here, Hornbuckle. The kids won't mind. Alas, this grand romance was doomed over spread sheets. Hornbuckle wanted 'em -  Arquesha didn't want to provide 'em. Stalemate.

13 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

. I would have been horribly ashamed of myself for shitting on their kindness. 

Well, we can see why YOU'LL never be a litigant on JJ. What is this "shame" you speak of? Shame and shame! What is shame?

• Love 7
On 8/23/2017 at 6:27 PM, Catlyn said:

My tablet is having a hissy fit and won't let me copy, but I was told the eyeball doesn't have any feeling. The pain you get is from the feelings in the eyelids.

You were lied to.  As a contact wearer who accidently scratched her eye, I can assure you, the  - the eyes can feel.  

• Love 4

I was only vaguely listening to this while screwing around on the computer because I wasn't that interested in the topic.  Then the plantiff stated her home city which turned out to be one over from mine. I spun around in my chair so fast to get a gander at her that I almost flew out of the chair unto the floor (and I would've sued if I'd gotten hurt).  Then the defendant stated her home city which WAS my city.  Didn't recognize either one of them, but they're about par for the course in this area.  In fact, I just read in the news that two local women got in a fist fight over a wandering pit bull (owned by one of them) and the one woman bit the other one on the boob.  I'm sure they'll be coming to your TV sets sometime soon.  Stay classy, Florida.

Edited by Angeltoes
  • Love 6

Allow me to breakdown the case of the dog-owner, and human shit stain, from yesterday's show:

* Buys dog for $350 from Craigslist (no doubt from a backyard breeder)

* Boasts about spending big bucks on some high-end rawhide chew from PetCo

* Describes herself in a text message to her friend what a loving, caring pet owner she is

And then:

* When dog gets deathly sick, all her funds suddenly dry up -- EVEN FOR ONE SINGLE VET VISIT -- and instead, relies on asking for "prayers" on Facebook to cure dog

* Friend offers to loan her money

* Shit Stain naturally accepts

* Shit Stain refuses now to pay - saying it was a "gift" and now claiming she would have rather have euthanized the dog because of her "single-mom" status 

Believe it or not, I know a person like this in real life. Had to have a dog. Some shelter actually GAVE her one. Has NO MONEY and for even routine vet care, relies on her teenage daughter to look up whatever is wrong with the pet on Google because the teenage daughter is "thinking about becoming a vet." (Spoiler alert: she will never become a vet.) Also relies heavily on prayer requests when things go wrong - which is essentially her sending up a Bat signal of sorts hoping someone will come through and give her money.

Moral of the story: I want to own a Mercedes. I don't. BECAUSE I CANNOT AFFORD ONE. People like Shit Stain should use that simple logic for everything they think they "want to have" in life.

1 hour ago, AuntiePam said:

Did JJ award anything in the car auction case?  That one made my brain hurt, so much confusion.

I know what you mean. Both those idjits seemed to be a few bricks short. IIRC (and I'm not positive because by the end, I was only half listening, plaintiff ended up getting back 2200(?) hundred, or whatever he had paid. JJ seemed to base her ruling on defendant's very iffy testimony about how much he paid. If I hadn't already deleted it, I'd go back and count the number of times he changed what he was saying he paid. I think he came up with everything from $2200 to 1600. Then when JJ made him go get the paperwork, turned out it was hundreds below his lowest amount. Oops, when you get caught in a lie, your only hope is other side is caught in a bigger lie. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Allow me to breakdown the case of the dog-owner, and human shit stain, from yesterday's show:

I hear you, but plaintiff seemed to be one of these busy body types. The defendant said repeatedly that she kept saying "You have to do this, or we have to do this". I think plaintiff was driving the train. She made the vet appointment, she went to the appointment, and approved the expense for surgery. 

Sure, def asked for prayers because she really wanted someone to step in and help. But it was plaintiff's choice to lend thousands of dollars to someone for vet care, when that person couldn't even afford to pay for the initial visit. 

I remember other cases where JJ berated the loaner for lending money to a loanee who had no way of paying back the funds.

I didn't care for either of them, but I do think the plaintiff went into the arrangement with eyes wide open. Glad the dog is doing well now though.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

Did JJ award anything in the car auction case?  That one made my brain hurt, so much confusion.

You are not alone. But this case raised another question for me. I remember the case of the goofy Aussie and the equally goofy South African, getting into a "physical altercation" over a lawnmower. This happened in Minnesota. I"m kind of bemused when I see people from far-flung places on the globe, ending up in some small town in MN. New York, Miami, Los Angeles - I understand all that since those are well-known and even famous places. Are there really people in Africa and Australia thinking,  "I just can't wait to get to Elk Horn Lake, MN - the Promised Land!"? LIke, how would they even know such a place exists? It's like where I live - not many poeple would know it exists, never mind planning to move here.

But yeah, that car case was migraine-inducing, for sure. Much ado about some 1200$ old POS beater (which the lying def. finally was forced to admit was the real price and which he sold to his very good friend with nearly a 100% markup) with a bum transmission.

As soon as I heard the first words, I hit FF. Asking for prayers for her dog? A vet is out of the question for someone who can afford a computer and internet access and plenty of food yet can't take her suffering animal to a vet? I knew I didn't want to hear this, lest it raise my blood pressure. I heard this BS ad nauseum when I was doing rescue. "I couldn't afford to get my cat spayed, so you need to take all the kittens resulting from my total irresponsible assholery!" JFC! People can magically afford all the things they want and which give them pleasure. No one enjoys paying vet bills, I know, but if you don't want to pay to properly care for your pet, don't get any!

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 5