Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

That was Cynthia Martinelli who was a prime, grade-A lying c-word!

At least Cynthia did not present herself as a poor single mother with six more on the way.

She seems typical of people who hire neighborhood handymen because they like their low rates, and then turn around when the work is not up to their lofty standards, not only refusing to pay but also requiring that they pay for further work they have done by other people!

The sad thing is that the poor guy has little defence against such a dishonest harridan once she gets to social media.

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, Florinaldo said:

She seems typical of people who hire neighborhood handymen because they like their low rates, and then turn around when the work is not up to their lofty standards, not only refusing to pay but also requiring that they pay for further work they have done by other people!

She also seems typical of the average know-it-all FB poster who likes to post how nice or religious they are and admonish people to behave more like them, gather a bunch of "likes," then, in real life, behave in the exact opposite manner. For instance, an acquaintance's husband who regularly would post about how any sex outside the confines of a marriage was bad (he worked for a religious organization) and was recently outed for having an ongoing affair with a co-worker, thus ending his 30-year marriage and his job. But I'm sure neither he nor Cynthia Martinelli see anything wrong with their online high-horse behavior. Because they're both psychos. 

2 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

She also seems typical of the average know-it-all FB poster who likes to post how nice or religious they are and admonish people to behave more like them

I'm pretty sure that every single litigant who has ever mentioned how religious they are. how much they go to church, that they're Christians with big hearts and have bigger crosses swinging around their necks are the worst liars, cheaters and scam artists during the week and then on Sunday they're hypocrites.  Truly decent, good people dpn't feel the need to bring up or brag how great they are and how religious.

• Love 5
(edited)
17 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Did no one see the deranged, violent psycho yesterday, who terrorizes his elderly mother and doesn't know how many times he's been arrested for assault? He was suing his mom for having him falsely arrested after he punched his sister in the face when she tried to stop him from stealing mom's TV.  He denies the theft and the punch but we know he did it. He first told JJ to dismiss the case when he didn't want to discuss his crimes, but then changed his mind. He needn't have bothered. JJ said very little to him and dismissed the case a second time. He was so filled with rage his face was contorting and I thought he might bite his own hand.  I truly think if Byrd hadn't been there, he might have lunged at JJ. Scary freak.

I had to take a shower after looking at that disgusting excuse for a human being. He must have terrorized that house for his entire life.

When that episode first aired, someone posted in this thread somewhere a link to arrest record for this pig. His long rap sheet includes sex crimes if I'm remembering correctly. 

ETA: The link posted no longer works but this is from January and has a comment underneath it from a mom of a victim: Link

Pearl clutching big eyed sink lady irritated the hell out of me. 

I just threw a few episodes on for fun and saw the Quinceañera episode. When JJ asked the defendant if she had witness there to testify that they counted and there were 660 people there the defendant said no, because "We were told we could only have two witnesses." There have been people with many more than that so that was odd.

Also. fun fact: You barely got to see her in this episode, but the translator that was on a previous episode (when a woman got shot in the leg out of a window) was translating into the ear of the defendant's witness on this episode. 

Edited by configdotsys
Because 'what' doesn't mean the same thing as 'when'
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

God, a woman in this morning's rerun was claiming that her boyfriend threw "a soap bottle" (which I always thought was plastic, not metal or glass) and slashed her face, but she had no proof that there was even an injury, then in the hallterview she says, "I'm a girl, girls can't live with scars on their faces."  Ugh.

I have a refillable metal one that matches the fixtures on my bathroom sink.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, configdotsys said:

The link posted no longer works but this is from January and has a comment underneath it from a mom of a victim

No wonder he didn't want to discuss his crimes with JJ. I wonder if he's still locked up or released yet again to prey on the population. Imagine the colossal nerve to show his face on TV and bitch that he was ever falsely arrested. Looking down the rest of that page left me very queasy.

• Love 2

I just threw a few episodes on for fun and saw the Quinceañera episode. When JJ asked the defendant if she had witness there to testify that they counted and there were 660 people there the defendant said no, because "We were told we could only have two witnesses." There have been people with many more than that so that was odd.

I think there is a limit to who the show will pay for.  So people who live within driving distance of the show can convince people to come, but it;s more difficult for those who live further away to get multiple witnesses. 

His long rap sheet includes sex crimes if I'm remembering correctly. 

ETA: The link posted no longer works but this is from January and has a comment underneath it from a mom of a victim: Link

His offender info sheet is here: http://www.minneapolismn.gov/www/groups/public/@mpd/documents/webcontent/wcms1p-101552.pdf

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, ElleMo said:

I think there is a limit to who the show will pay for.  So people who live within driving distance of the show can convince people to come, but it;s more difficult for those who live further away to get multiple witnesses. 

His offender info sheet is here: http://www.minneapolismn.gov/www/groups/public/@mpd/documents/webcontent/wcms1p-101552.pdf

And here's a nice little summary of his offenses.  This is public record, so we are not invading his privacy.  He chose to go on TV and air his own dirty laundry.

Capture.GIF

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

One day, that rap sheet's going to include a murder charge.

No doubt. I"m surprised it hasn't yet.  I just don't get it - someone with at minimum  SIX felonies is free. Presumably he wasn't "Home in bed sleeping" when all those crimes occured.

I wonder if someone pulled up his rap sheet after the case was dismissed the first time. When he returned, JJ didn't want to engage with him in any way, or even look at him. I bet if she had tried  his latest felony case, he'd never see the light of a free day again. I hope the next person assasulted by him sues Minnesota, for letting a known and convicted violent felon roam around to do as he will.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 6/21/2017 at 2:48 PM, Silver Raven said:

How does one even go about contacting a marshal and getting them to come with you to get your stuff?

When I split from my Ex, I had to get a restraining order on him (long sordid story). He came back to the family house to get some stuff and showed up with the cops. He could not have come back without being arrested. So he collected his large framed eagle picture I bought at one of those interior decorating home shows in the 80s, a grocery bag of CDs he couldn't live without, a grocery bag of clothes and maybe two other random things. There were a few things I contested so the cops wouldn't let him take them and told him to go to court. And that's how ya "contact the marshall" to get yer stuff! #themoreyouknow

Holly Leftwich in one of today's rerun regarding her shady action of taking her child out of state violating a court order looks like Sammy Davis Jr with an ugly blond wig. 

I'm sitting here with tears coming out of my eyes - you are spot on.  Because I have no life, sometimes I try and figure out how people on JJ get together in their sketchy relationships. This one was a puzzler. Did anybody else wonder what landed the seemingly normal defendant in the pokey for five years? And how HollyGoScary ended up with him? Was he the one with the electric fry pan and she had the fertilizer and Sudafed? 

Edited by ItsHelloPattiagain
  • Love 5
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Schnickelfritz said:

And she started a GoFundMe page to have others fund her little flight to Virginia

If she was diagnosed with a cyst that "could be cancerous" -- why is she moving to Virginia? Wouldn't it be more prudent to figure out if it is cancerous and then deal with it? She also started that in April 2016 after being "diagnosed" in September 2015. WTF?

ETA: Literally laughed out loud on one of those GoFundMe comments: "GET A JOB!" Apparently JJ has a secret account where she can leave snarky comments. 

Edited by Guest
2 hours ago, Spunkygal said:

Holly Leftwich in one of today's rerun regarding her shady action of taking her child out of state violating a court order looks like Sammy Davis Jr with an ugly blond wig. 

I thought she looks like Tweety Bird; small jaw, great big forehead, large anime eyes. Scary woman.

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I thought she looks like Tweety Bird; small jaw, great big forehead, large anime eyes. Scary woman.

Oh, just now watching the rerun. Soooo, she's heading to Virginia - in essence kidnapping her infant in defiance of a Florida court order. First she says it's just a quick visit for a week - oh, make that two weeks. But actually gone for three months. And, during that time her only provision for her cat was she left a key with an elderly neighbor. 

and after that lovely woman, I saw the con man who rented a historic wedding chapel with no heat and can't understand why the family wants back their deposit - and oh yeah, he never owned the venue to begin with 

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 6

I saw the con man who rented a historic wedding chapel with no heat and can't understand why the family wants back their deposit - and oh yeah, he never owned the venue to begin with 

Ya know, that's pure genius. Rent out fancy places you don't own. 

• Love 2

My God, JJ was pissing me off this morning.  A woman was suing her ex-roommate for rent.  He was going to school and had a student loan for his $18,000 per term tuition.  JJ seems not to understand the difference between a student loan, which the defendant kept saying he was going to have pay back, and a grant.  She kept saying she and Byrd were paying his rent, which they aren't, since he's got a student loan.  She also asked him how much the tuition was, and she said, "$18,000 a semester."  And he said, "Per quarter."  And then she said, "So, $36,000 a year."  No if he's on the quarter system, it's $54,000 a year.  But she wouldn't listen and just kept blabbing on.  Now, I don't disagree with her ruling about how he needed to pay the rent back to his ex roommate, but JJ was just being ridiculously obtuse today.

• Love 7

OMG!  What in the holy hell was up with Theresa Barksdale's "look" on today's rerun?? I missed this one on the first run.  She was rockin' a weird mashup of Bride of Frankenstein and Pinhead.   How does she get through metal detectors with all that facial gear?  I don't have any tattoos myself, but my understanding is they are not cheap.  How do all these homeless, unemployed, SSI benefit receiving folks can't pay rent or repay loans, but they can pay for that many tats and piercings? Add on the fancy coiffures and nail art that parade across JJ's bench...it really isn't hard to understand why many tax paying citizens are disgusted by the system. I don't deny anyone getting a haircut or a manicure or a piercing (or 20 in Ms. Barksdale's case), but when all these nonessential extras are paid for via EBT cards, I think the money could be spent in wiser, more useful ways. 

• Love 11
(edited)

Her daughter ("Seven?") was particularly frightening-looking, I thought.  And your comment about some tax payers being "disgusted" is right on point.

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 6

Just came to post about the circus freak.  I even texted or texas my hubby, in the other room, so he could turn on JJ and see for himself.  Glad her daughter was mentioned too.  I didn't catch her at first and had to rewind to see what she looked like.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

I wish I had saved this on DVR, I forgot to pause it so I could read her facial tattoos.  Anyone catch what they said?

No, I was afraid to get too close to the screen. Really.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

I wish I had saved this on DVR, I forgot to pause it so I could read her facial tattoos.  Anyone catch what they said?

Over the left eye it says: "Unpredictable"

Under the left eye, as best as I can tell, it says "Gah's Nissa"

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Brattinella said:

You can find a tiny bit more about her if you search for Theresa Wilcox-Barksdale.

It's a shame, because before the crazy tats it looks like she was a very pretty woman.

• Love 2

Seven had absolutely no affect. Looks like a budding serial killer. If she actually did go into the Merchant Marine, which I find quite an odd career choice for someone like her, her shipmates better have eyes in the backs of their heads. 

• Love 4
On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 2:19 PM, Silver Raven said:

My God, JJ was pissing me off this morning.  A woman was suing her ex-roommate for rent.  He was going to school and had a student loan for his $18,000 per term tuition.  JJ seems not to understand the difference between a student loan, which the defendant kept saying he was going to have pay back, and a grant.  She kept saying she and Byrd were paying his rent, which they aren't, since he's got a student loan.  She also asked him how much the tuition was, and she said, "$18,000 a semester."  And he said, "Per quarter."  And then she said, "So, $36,000 a year."  No if he's on the quarter system, it's $54,000 a year.  But she wouldn't listen and just kept blabbing on.  Now, I don't disagree with her ruling about how he needed to pay the rent back to his ex roommate, but JJ was just being ridiculously obtuse today.

I never went to university so don't know just how these things work, but what I heard is a 32-year old man with a child he fathered with some off-again, on-again girlfriend, and who gets some fools to pay for all his expenses because he's a "student." Not exusing pathetic ridiculous plaintiffs, who feel that buying said 32 year old man cigarettes and gas for travel somehow falls under the "Good Samaritan" category. And oh, his family couldn't keep buying him cigarettes or paying his rent because some uncle of his died, so the whole family needed to use all their funds to have some upper level funeral, I guess. He's a con artist who will milk the system as long as he possibly can. I bet he'll still be a student when he's 42, and just who is paying for his child? I wish I knew what the dopey plaintiffs found so compelling about him, to the point where they would say, "Oh, poor thing really needs cigarettes. Let's buy them for him!"because I just don't see it.

• Love 5
On 6/23/2017 at 2:19 PM, Silver Raven said:

She kept saying she and Byrd were paying his rent, which they aren't, since he's got a student loan. 

I watched this episode last night and, yes, you're correct -- "we're" not paying shit for his student loans. Those are loans he needs to pay back. Wasn't this also the case where JJ said her father didn't pay for her to go to law school to hear cases like this? Because that? Right there? Is the very definition of tone-deaf privilege. It must be nice to live in a world where you think everyone's parents are going to pay for all of their schooling. 

I wish one day some corporation would appear on JJ and maybe she'd rail on them for all of their "government handouts" which are costing "she and Byrd" way more than the the couple nickels "we" are opening on someone's Section 8 housing. 

Also caught the rerun of the battling shrews who engaged in some sort of beatdown at the Orpheum theater that the Defendant continually pronounced as "OrtTHEum." 

Those are loans he needs to pay back.

What happens for the students who just default on their loans? Not necessarily not wanting to pay, but with a huge debt load that they will never make enough money to pay off. I believe that the loans are government guaranteed; if that is correct, don't the lenders and educational institutes do fine and the students and taxpayers are screwed?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DoctorK said:

What happens for the students who just default on their loans? Not necessarily not wanting to pay, but with a huge debt load that they will never make enough money to pay off. I believe that the loans are government guaranteed; if that is correct, don't the lenders and educational institutes do fine and the students and taxpayers are screwed?

No, student loans are not guaranteed by the government.

• Love 3

Oh, god - Teresa Barksdale. I had forgotten, or blocked out, her existence. If she wants to mutiliate herself for whatever fucked-up reason (maybe so she can say no one will hire her?) and appear in a satin evening gown or looking as though she just stepped out from making a Mad Max movie, that's her perogative, but what  galls me is that she gets the taxpayers to foot her public housing that puts a roof over her head and welfare that puts food a-plenty in her mouth and pays for a lawyer who gets her "Suite" hotels to stay in while waiting for taxpayer-funded housing and at the same time can spend a fortune on tattoos, many piercings, that - whatever ithat thing was - on her head and can also pay to get her daughter a "Freak Starter Kit"  that will ensure neither of them will ever have to get a goddam job and actually  earn the food they shovel down their gullets. Plaintiff showered her with money, and Teresa's attitude is "Well, of course. I deserve it - look at the way I've mutilated myself so don't expect me to work -  and I shouldn't have to pay her back. It was all gifts!" I don't even want to know what she had done to her eyeballs. The huge, metallic false eyelashes were bad enough. Stuff done to eyeballs really freaks me out.

Rewatching Alejandro, the complete and utter fool who buys a 33-year old RV and expects it to be "perfect" was  a relief after Ms. Barksdale. He informed JJ that the law is that if the seller of some ancient beater says it "Runs great" then that is a contract/absolute warranty and if doesn't run all that great, the buyer is entitled to his money back. His witness, the mechanic who told him to buy the heap, seemed to find this amusing, and why not? Alejandro may throw his money around foolishly, but unlike with Ms. Barksdale and others of her ilk,  at least Byrd didn't have to pay for his folly.

The freak show continued with Larry III, a Gollum-like creep who is 42, lives with Mommy and has to tell us he had 8 rotten stumps in his mouth - Ewwww! Halitosis City - so begged his sister to pay for him to get some new choppers. He had the emaciated appearance of a drug addict, and a full line of obsequious bullshit and excuses ("We were at Ground Zero in the hurricane so why should I have to pay for my own porcelain smile?") for why he should never have to support himself.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

No, student loans are not guaranteed by the government.

Ah, straying a bit off topic, but.... as I understand - and I am far from an expert, having never taken out a student loan - there are student loans, then there are student loans. Some are very low interest or even interest free, through government programs where the government picks up the interest. Then there are student loans from the private sector - still way better than deal than your everyday day, but not nearly as good terms as a federal student loan. The private loan may not be able to be deferred until you get a job - it all depends because the rules are a lot more apt to differ depending on the institution loaning the money. And, that doesn't mention any scholarships and/or grants which don't have to be repaid.

I have no problem with student loans in principle. It makes sense to help a student who wouldn't otherwise be able to afford school to earn a degree. Not only the student, but society as a whole will benefit. And, if they get their degree, they'll probably end up earning more and paying more taxes ?. OTOH, way to many folks apply for and are given student loans who are not serious students and end up ghetto rich, buying the latest phone, 60"tv, expension clothes/sneakers, etc and never finish their classes and dropping out. Now, those droppouts... yeah, I do have problems with those folks. Just like I have a problem with those taking advantage of any type of public assistance program... Section 8 started out as a way to move people in need out of housing projects into more normal housing/neighborhoods. Good idea, but not so good in practice (but still not nearly as bad as it appears on court TV).

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Spunkygal said:

I do believe that your sentence starting with "If she wants to..." is the longest sentence I've ever read on this forum!

Run-on sentences! I really hate them, except when they're mine and they happen way too often when I'm indulging in too much wine. Heh.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Run-on sentences! I really hate them, except when they're mine and they happen way too often when I'm indulging in too much wine. Heh.

Aww, that's my girl!

• Love 1
(edited)

...taxpayers to foot her public housing that puts a roof over her head and welfare that puts food a-plenty in her mouth and pays for a lawyer who gets her "Suite" hotels to stay in while waiting for taxpayer-funded housing and...

There was so much to take in with this case that I forgot that she had moved to/lived in at least 4 different cities in different parts of the country. I'd love to have heard more about that.

Edited by Sarcastico
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I love that run-on sentence. Made perfect sense.  But, of course, I was indulging in a bit of wine myself. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

It's not a run-on sentence if it's properly punctuated and hangs together logically and grammatically.  That was just good writing.

Oh, my! Thank you. Maybe I should drink more, and more often.;)

Haven't watched today's cases yet. I need to make a run to the liquor store first. "Judge Judy" is turning me into an alcoholic.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

Oh, my! Thank you. Maybe I should drink more, and more often.;)

Haven't watched today's cases yet. I need to make a run to the liquor store first. "Judge Judy" is turning me into an alcoholic.

2 hours ago, WaitForMe said:

I love that run-on sentence. Made perfect sense.  But, of course, I was indulging in a bit of wine myself. 

My people!!! I love you guys! 

• Love 3