Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

(edited)

Righting Unwrongs - One cousin claiming to be in a domestic abuse situation moves the junky automotive hoard she was keeping inside her house to her cousin's house, the defendant.  She brings a couch, a bed, greasy car parts, big, dusty ol'rims, a car amp... and even brings useless crap from some dodgy storage unit.  She never sleeps in the cousin's house, presumably her new digs, because she's out partying with her friends.  The best part is the hallterview, where we learn the definition of "NEVER AGAIN": "this isn't the first time and it won't be the last" short-circuiting my brain's space-time continuum and flipping all negative values into positives and vice-versa.  -2.5 gavels

The Driving Chameleon - The cameleon-eyed defendant was hit on the passenger side door by a teenager that claims to have made a very good stop and didn't notice the chameleon's car because the lights were off.  Maybe it was camouflage! Despite the above facts, the defendants nearly lost because the stupid was so strong on their podium.  You'd think a driving chameleon would be more prone to accidents than a sharp-eyed teenager, this was not in their favor.  But then the chameleon fled the scene... drove 1 mile... called the person than sold him the car "Berniceka - get it right or else!" because she was still insuring it... she pretended she didn't know the chameleon but after some digging, she did...  Luckily for them as soon as they pointed out they got hit on the side, JJ's wrath turned on the green acrylic nail plaintiff.   Melodramatic mom was born to do JJ hallterviews: "My daughter came to a complete stop!" Ah, you weren't there, you dumb snowflake enabler.  "I couldn't imagine what my child looked like!" Thanks for your concern for the people whose car she hit. Was anyone even hurt?  She couldn't have been going that fast if she lightly rolled the stop, save your tears for real tragedies. "...but thank the lord" yes thank the lord for having such first world problems. 3 gavels.

Edited by Toaster Strudel
  • Love 11

My level of hatred for the JERK who lets his dog poop next to other peoples houses knows no bounds.  You know, this angers me beyond belief.  In a perfect world, poop offender would be talking to his boss on the phone when angry cop neighbor calls him out, so his boss, important client, etc. would hear what a jackass he has working for him.

OR, someone would post pictures online.  Jackass!

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

I was relieved when JJ awarded him more than his insurance deductible. 

I think she gave him $1000 -- of which $220 accounted for his deductible/co-pay. While the shit-leaver Defendant was indeed a douche, that Plaintiff was a straight-up asshole.  I, too, live in a community with a common area and the entitled dickwads here who own dogs have to be reminded countless fucking times by the HOA to clean up after them. But there is no way I'm gonna leave my house and start WWIII over some dog turds left behind. I'm sure I'd say something to the slob who left the remains behind, but there's no way I'd fly off in a fit of rage like that guy.  

Also, any man who leaves his house (without it being located on a beachfront) without a shirt for any other reason than his house going up in flames automatically qualifies as a jerk in waiting. I've seen COPS (the show). I know. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, LisainCali said:

My level of hatred for the JERK who lets his dog poop next to other peoples houses knows no bounds.

My level of hatred for both of them knew no bounds. Two wise-assed total jerks (Jerk no.1 sitting there in his window, filming people in the common area and Jerk no.2 letting his dog crap where other people walk) posturing and trying to out-macho each other in embarassing ways, that is, if either of them have the sense to be embarassed. This is something you expect from teenaged boys pumped on their new testosterone, not middleaged so-called men. I bet anything they ferociously Facebook fight each other. Ugh.

ETA: BTW, Jerk no.1 is retired from law enforcement. He's very young to retire and (I could be dead wrong) but couldn't help wondering if that uncontrollable temper had anything to do with his retirement.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 7

My city has lots of walk/bike trails and has FREE "mutt mitt" dispensers at various locations on the trails. Nothing pisses me off more than to see turds of any size because lazy jerks can't grab a free bag and pick up their dog's poop. The best part is when their dog poops on the trail itself, not the grass, so that child strollers, bikers, joggers, walkers and other dogs can spread it around. Yeah, just walk off and leave it, idiots! 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Spunkygal said:

My city has lots of walk/bike trails and has FREE "mutt mitt" dispensers at various locations on the trails. Nothing pisses me off more than to see turds of any size because lazy jerks can't grab a free bag and pick up their dog's poop. The best part is when their dog poops on the trail itself, not the grass, so that child strollers, bikers, joggers, walkers and other dogs can spread it around. Yeah, just walk off and leave it, idiots! 

But they never see it happen as they always serendipitously look the other way!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LisainCali said:

My level of hatred for the JERK who lets his dog poop next to other peoples houses knows no bounds.  You know, this angers me beyond belief.  In a perfect world, poop offender would be talking to his boss on the phone when angry cop neighbor calls him out, so his boss, important client, etc. would hear what a jackass he has working for him.

OR, someone would post pictures online.  Jackass!

Jerk who lets his dog poop next to other people's houses = total douchebag and an asshole.

• Love 4

Having lazy neighbors who don't care to clean up after their pets is really annoying,but I couldn't help but think the plaintiff was maybe a little crazy? Or had way too much time on his hands. Since he said he takes pictures of everyone who walks their dog in the common area.  All I could picture was a guy sitting in front of a window all day just lurking and waiting for people to come outside with their dogs!  What a fun hobby to have!

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

Having lazy neighbors who don't care to clean up after their pets is really annoying,but I couldn't help but think the plaintiff was maybe a little crazy? Or had way too much time on his hands. Since he said he takes pictures of everyone who walks their dog in the common area.  All I could picture was a guy sitting in front of a window all day just lurking and waiting for people to come outside with their dogs

Totally agree. I think he's a lot crazy. There's someone in my neighbourhood like that. He's worse though - hides and lurks behind his bushes or garage and if anyone's dog even sniffs the edge of his property as it passes, he comes flying out, screaming and threatening violence.

As for plaintiff, yes - it's very irritating when people leave the crap for someone else to pick up or step in, but shouldn't cause this level of rage in a rational person. To me, his daughter looked a little cowed sitting there.

• Love 1

Both of those men were awful. I feel sorry for everyone else who lives in that condo having to deal with both of them as neighbours. The defendant wasn't going to get a bag. Responsible dog owners don't forget a bag. My cousin owns a dog and my parents dog-sit. I don't live at home but I visit frequently. The other day I found a spare bag in my purse because I must have taken the dog out on one visit at one point and kept the bag when he didn't need it. My parents have bags in their car, in jacket pockets, in the front hall, one tied to the leash and my cousin is the same way. Because when you are a responsible dog owner grabbing a bag is so routine you do it without even thinking. That guy is an asshole.

The Plaintiff is also nuts. That he has a surveillance setup to watch everyone behind his house is creepy. He chose a condo. That means you have to share those common spaces. He got the benefit of a nice view but it comes with the trade off of people using that space in ways he isn't always going to like. Tough. To run down to confront someone, screaming and yelling or to be taking pictures of people without them knowing is not normal. Yelling at someone to pick up day old dog shit that may or may not be their dog's is so beyond not normal that I don't have a word for it. The anger there is unhealthy.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, vibeology said:

Both of those men were awful. I feel sorry for everyone else who lives in that condo having to deal with both of them as neighbours. The defendant wasn't going to get a bag. Responsible dog owners don't forget a bag. My cousin owns a dog and my parents dog-sit. I don't live at home but I visit frequently. The other day I found a spare bag in my purse because I must have taken the dog out on one visit at one point and kept the bag when he didn't need it. My parents have bags in their car, in jacket pockets, in the front hall, one tied to the leash and my cousin is the same way. Because when you are a responsible dog owner grabbing a bag is so routine you do it without even thinking. That guy is an asshole.

The Plaintiff is also nuts. That he has a surveillance setup to watch everyone behind his house is creepy. He chose a condo. That means you have to share those common spaces. He got the benefit of a nice view but it comes with the trade off of people using that space in ways he isn't always going to like. Tough. To run down to confront someone, screaming and yelling or to be taking pictures of people without them knowing is not normal. Yelling at someone to pick up day old dog shit that may or may not be their dog's is so beyond not normal that I don't have a word for it. The anger there is unhealthy.

What got me about the plaintiff wasn't just him obsessively taking pictures of the defendant and his dog (and presumably others), but that he said he had been taking said pictures for a whole year before suddenly deciding to confront the defendant.  If it bothered him that much, why didn't he go to him the first time he saw it happen instead of stewing for a year? I guarantee you that the defendant isn't the first neighbor he's gone off on like that.

• Love 4

I was very surprised JJ awarded the defendant $1000. I was waiting for her to say, "You both behaved like idiots" or something to that effect. But I did feel a bit bad that he was blamed for going to a crappy dr bec his dog bite got infected. That could happen to anybody and isn't necessarily the medical profession's responsibility an animal bite got infected.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Lady Iris said:

I was very surprised JJ awarded the defendant $1000. I was waiting for her to say, "You both behaved like idiots" or something to that effect. But I did feel a bit bad that he was blamed for going to a crappy dr bec his dog bite got infected. That could happen to anybody and isn't necessarily the medical profession's responsibility an animal bite got infected.

I was actually expecting JJ to make the plaintiff pay half of his own bills. She's done that before on similar cases where a plaintiff's "fresh, filthy mouth precipitated this incident".

I really think that despite the defendant's obvious disregard for the rules about picking up after his dog, the plaintiff was also just a hot-head who was really itching for a fight that day. I have a feeling that the reason the defendants shot back with a smug "What's it to you?" was at least partially because the plaintiff probably approached him in a verbally aggressive way from the start. Sometimes, it's not what you say but how you say it.

I'm surprised that JJ didn't tell the plaintiff that he had too much time on his hands if he's constantly photographing people from his condo to document infractions. That behavior is just creepy.

Edited by Bobby88
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

Having lazy neighbors who don't care to clean up after their pets is really annoying,but I couldn't help but think the plaintiff was maybe a little crazy? Or had way too much time on his hands. Since he said he takes pictures of everyone who walks their dog in the common area.  All I could picture was a guy sitting in front of a window all day just lurking and waiting for people to come outside with their dogs!  What a fun hobby to have!

I may have that neighbor. I was housesitting my friend's dog - fairly big dog, with big poops. He squatted down to pee and some guy just walking past asked if I was going to pick it up. Um, he peed? Oh, no, the dog expert was convinced that boy dogs never squat, they always lift their legs. And I'm holding the poop-bag container, it's not like I was an obvious scofflaw. So I just shrug and walk off, and I see the guy walk off the sidewalk and bend down to inspect the grass. Trust me, that dog could fill a poop-bag, you would not have been able to miss it.

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, Jamoche said:

I may have that neighbor. I was housesitting my friend's dog - fairly big dog, with big poops. He squatted down to pee and some guy just walking past asked if I was going to pick it up. Um, he peed? Oh, no, the dog expert was convinced that boy dogs never squat, they always lift their legs. And I'm holding the poop-bag container, it's not like I was an obvious scofflaw. So I just shrug and walk off, and I see the guy walk off the sidewalk and bend down to inspect the grass. Trust me, that dog could fill a poop-bag, you would not have been able to miss it.

I get the upset over the poop, but why get bent out of shape about some dog hair? I brush my dog out on the picnic table on my deck.  I do bag what I can but lots of it flies away. I figure the birds will pick it up for a nest. The amount of  fur that comes out of a 70 lb Shepherd mix is incredible. I swear you could knit another dog or two with just one or two weeks worth of brushing.  I've never had anyone complain and if my neighbors were sitting outside eating or enjoying an evening outdoors, or had their laundry hanging on the line, I wouldn't even consider grooming her then.  Maybe I've been a shitty neighbor all this time and wasn't even aware!! 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, iwasish said:

I get the upset over the poop, but why get bent out of shape about some dog hair? I brush my dog out on the picnic table on my deck.  I do bag what I can but lots of it flies away. I figure the birds will pick it up for a nest.

Oh, the birds will definitely get it - I have a cat tree on my patio that gets coated in it and I've seen birds harass my cats into getting off it so they can get at the fur.

Some people just have no life.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Jamoche said:

Oh, the birds will definitely get it - I have a cat tree on my patio that gets coated in it and I've seen birds harass my cats into getting off it so they can get at the fur.

Some people just have no life.

I could tell the plaintiff was ex law enforcement without even being told. And as someone else posted, he probably left the force early due to some "issues". Might even have had a disability retirement. I know that once one of our local cops is outed as a wife beater or gets caught slapping around some poor shoplifter, they head straight to file for a disability retirement based on some old injury or emotionally disturbing incident that has suddenly rendered them unable to do their duties.

• Love 2

Today, JJ shared that her brother gave her a heart defibrillator as a gift. Maybe that's a high-end gift among the elderly set? I'm trying to imagine what her reaction may have been upon tearing off the wrapping paper and seeing that it wasn't a Waterford candy dish, a Lalique vase, some Moet & Chandon....it was a heart defibrillator.

• Love 6

Grandpa's Airport - JJ and I had so many questions throughout this case. Only she could ask them though :( - Pawn shop plaintiffs got busted by the popo for selling hot merchandise brought to them by some goofy, and probably high as a kite, strawberry-blond thief who eventually pleaded guilty and paid restitution for merchandise.  The merchandise was very odd: twenty aviation headsets of various ages and nine portable defibrillators.  Luminous hair color defendant told them that grandpa died, and owned many airplanes to explain it all.  The truth is, he was working at an airport and stripping it of the equipment.  How did the pawn shop guys not get suspicious with grandpa owning nine portable defibrillators? Who has that many, other than a medical warehouse or a huge public facility handling tens of thousands of people daily? How did they not get suspicious that they were brought in on many separate occasions? Why did it take so long for the airport to catch the thief?  Don't they have cameras everywhere?  The defendant was laughing and totally unrepentant under his gilded mane.  He didn't take it seriously at all - that's why I suspect street chemical mood enhancers.  The plaintiffs were playing dumb in the hallterview. "Our own form of due diligence" uh-uh "we tried to do the right thing" sure, for your profit margin.  The resplendent haired criminal was self-aware, at least: "no life of crime for me, I'm just too stupid not to get caught." OK I added that last part but it was implied! Four gavels, it's not every day we get jolted by a defibrillator-related case.

Curly Red Man Bun - The plaintiff's hairdo, and jazzy suit pocket handkerchiefs were the best things about this case of some guy who bought a used Mercedes with rims and tinted windows at a discount because the defendant still owed $4K on it.  The plaintiff's diamond earrings were very big, but not as big as JJ's, I checked. One gavel.

• Love 10

$1100 Emotional Distress - Clearly the plaintiff has never watched JJ.  The litigants looked so well put-together in the court until you see the video. "Get outta mah cah!"  "No this is my car too!" over and over again, and with unrestrained rage.  Then the defendant, who claimed that it was the plaintiff that did it, is seen pulling out the rearview mirror.  He also claimed to be making payments on the jointly owned car... well it turned out to be partial payments but let's not quibble! These two people "playing house" both filed for bankruptcy at some point.  There was also a ring that the plaintiff claimed to have returned, and the defendant claimed that it was not given to him. The only people experiencing emotional distress are JJ and her 10 million viewers.  Two gavels... one is for the video.

Unregistered, Uninsured, and now Unroadworthy - The plaintiff paid off the defendant's credit card to the tune of $1500 in exchange for a car worth $625.  The defendant can't find the registration, drags her feet getting a copy (in order words, she never gets it) so the plaintiff is driving with no registration and no insurance for 5 months until the car breaks down.  JJ writes it off as a cheap car rental since she didn't pay registration or insurance.  Then the defendants countersue for some junk they store in the plaintiff's house and have to pick it up in 5 days. One gavel.

• Love 3

Short and not-so-sweet rerun: Head-tossing "I get away with it because I'm blonde" and her ex, who had a sudden epiphany about paying her bills. He loses points for being an idiot, she starts off with zero points for all the posing - JJ:"this isn't an audition, and I've already got the job" - plus starting off by asking her vet how much to put down her sick dog instead of asking what kind of payment options they offer (and then the BF pays the whole thing anyway). JJ is having none of this - there's a distinct whiff of "we want to be on reality TV" about them - and tosses them both out just after the first break.

• Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Grandpa's Airport - JJ and I had so many questions throughout this case. Only she could ask them though :( - Pawn shop plaintiffs got busted by the popo for selling hot merchandise brought to them by some goofy, and probably high as a kite, strawberry-blond thief who eventually pleaded guilty and paid restitution for merchandise.  The merchandise was very odd: twenty aviation headsets of various ages and nine portable defibrillators.  Luminous hair color defendant told them that grandpa died, and owned many airplanes to explain it all.  The truth is, he was working at an airport and stripping it of the equipment.  How did the pawn shop guys not get suspicious with grandpa owning nine portable defibrillators? Who has that many, other than a medical warehouse or a huge public facility handling tens of thousands of people daily? How did they not get suspicious that they were brought in on many separate occasions? Why did it take so long for the airport to catch the thief?  Don't they have cameras everywhere?  The defendant was laughing and totally unrepentant under his gilded mane.  He didn't take it seriously at all - that's why I suspect street chemical mood enhancers.  The plaintiffs were playing dumb in the hallterview. "Our own form of due diligence" uh-uh "we tried to do the right thing" sure, for your profit margin.  The resplendent haired criminal was self-aware, at least: "no life of crime for me, I'm just too stupid not to get caught." OK I added that last part but it was implied! Four gavels, it's not every day we get jolted by a defibrillator-related case.

And the litigants were from New Jersey; like, way to enforce the stereotypes, dudes!

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

And he is training his family as well:  daughter was filming the encounter!  I hate the ones leaving the poop for sure, but this dude was way over the top with his rage.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Toaster Strudel said:

The litigants looked so well put-together in the court until you see the video. "Get outta mah cah!" 

I love it when you see people acting so demure and proper and then we see vids where they're behaving like screeching savages. And why do some people (like plaintiff) feel if they screech the same thing over and over again it will make it so?

Mr. Mims: "She tried to scandal me."

Plaintiff in the hall: "I feel his claim was fibulous."

I really need to update the JJ encyclopedia.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Scandal? I read that six times and I still have no idea of what he might have been trying to say.

I'm pretty sure he meant "scam" but doesn't seem to be sure of the meaning of that word.

• Love 4

$1100 Emotional Distress - Clearly the plaintiff has never watched JJ.  The litigants looked so well put-together in the court until you see the video. "Get outta mah cah!"  "No this is my car too!" over and over again, and with unrestrained rage.  Then the defendant, who claimed that it was the plaintiff that did it, is seen pulling out the rearview mirror.  He also claimed to be making payments on the jointly owned car... well it turned out to be partial payments but let's not quibble! These two people "playing house" both filed for bankruptcy at some point.  There was also a ring that the plaintiff claimed to have returned, and the defendant claimed that it was not given to him. The only people experiencing emotional distress are JJ and her 10 million viewers.  Two gavels... one is for the video.

You forgot my favorite part - the defendant was also countersuing for damage to a laptop. A laptop that he claims to have been holding (and was therefore damaged) during the filmed kerfuffle.

1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

Mr. Mims: "She tried to scandal me."

Plaintiff in the hall: "I feel his claim was fibulous."

I thought I heard her say "friv-you-lous". Which I immediately laughed at and repeated, but then I wondered if it was one of those words like in the faux/fox discussion we had here a ways back in which someone has only seen a word in writing and takes a stab at the pronunciation. I had a couple of those growing up, so I guess I can't judge *too* hard. (Okay, yes, I can.) "She tried to scandal me" was great, though.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, augmentedfourth said:

I thought I heard her say "friv-you-lous".

I do have a hearing problem, so went back this minute and listened once again with volume raised. We're both right - she said "fiv-you-lous."

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

According to JJ, schools don't expel students who stand up to bullies.  She really does live in an ivory tower, doesn't she?

I believe plaintiff did push defendant to the point of fighting. Defendant has had it drilled into him that fighting = getting kick off the football team. Glad plaintiff's parents didn't get a dime.

Another rerun...scooter boy breaking the younger boy's arm. Wow, defendant dad puffed up in the hallterview and "I teach my boy to fight back when picked on." Well then, you are in for years of problems. The defendant son picked on kids who were playing in their own yard! Stay off their lawn! But I couldn't help admiring defendant son's beautiful skin tone. He is an attractive child. I hope that didn't sound creepy.

• Love 3
On 5/16/2017 at 0:54 AM, Hellohappylife said:

Maybe I'm the only one who has one of these.  If so, I'm probably the only one who had someone break into the back slider mid-day.  I was at home and ran out the front.  Greatest thing I ever bought for under $500.  No one needs to sit at their window to see what's going on outside.  Or who is inside, for that matter.  

IMG_0399.JPG

IMG_0400.JPG

• Love 3
(edited)
20 hours ago, LisainCali said:

Maybe I'm the only one who has one of these.  If so, I'm probably the only one who had someone break into the back slider mid-day.  I was at home and ran out the front.  Greatest thing I ever bought for under $500.  No one needs to sit at their window to see what's going on outside.  Or who is inside, for that matter.  

Well, I don't have a security camera, but the thought crossed my mind that retired cop dude might be better off with one instead of staking out the condo common areas with his phone camera. Geez, he still has pictures from a year ago where neighbors groomed their dog. Does he have pix of everyone - after all he didn't even know this guy. I thought of Sherlock from Elementary with stuff pinned all over his wall. Then, he's passed the mind set on to his kid, who taped daddy run outside to confront the the neighbor because he didn't pick up the dog crap.

Not that I approve of inconsiderate neighbors. I live here in a trailer park, and regularly have to clean up after people walking their dogs. Very rarely see a dog off leash, but have a pile or two to clean up a couple times a week - often enough that I leave a shovel outside of the locked shed so it's handy for cleanups.

Edited by SRTouch
Wording changed
  • Love 1

Serenity Now! - This is one of JJ's favorite cases, but it isn't mine!  She loves to beat up on women that hold visitations from children's father, and file strategic restraining orders.  Both litigants appear very poised in the courtroom, but a little bird tells me that they are animals at home.  It appears that one day, the plaintiff was so involved with fighting with his new girlfriend, he forgot to feed his daughter.  JJ ignored the fact that the father had called CPS.  This case moved like frozen molasses. Barely one gavel, but tomorrow, two hags fight over a violin!

Spitting Over Jane Fonda? - What the hell precious DVD workout set these three siblings were fighting over like so many gold bars? I want to know!  These guys were practically making written agreements over who had custody, and where they should be kept, etc.  The Rod Blagojevich defendant violated (JJ's word!) the agreement and the brothers got into a really stupid fight that involved spitting and a broken finger, then "he proceeded to hit me back." Frivolous use of "proceeded" always tickles my ribs on this show.  One and a half gavel.

Grandma Theft Auto - Grandma dies and leaves a 17 yr beater to her daughter that is in Alaska.  Plaintiff enlists a friend in Washington to donate the rust pile so she can get a tax deduction, but defendant takes the car for herself.  She wrecks it and the insurance gives her $3K because the accident wasn't her fault.  She offered half the money to the plaintiff who demanded the whole amount.  JJ gave her the value of the car, $625, served her right for being greedy. One and a half gavel.

Skateboard T-Bone - These were nice, honest kids, but the defendant's dad was pushing for his son not taking responsibility.  They were really really nice, the both of them.  Zero gavels!  I don't watch JJ to see nice, civilized people getting fair justice!

• Love 9
(edited)
3 hours ago, Spunkygal said:
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

According to JJ, schools don't expel students who stand up to bullies.  She really does live in an ivory tower, doesn't she?

I believe plaintiff did push defendant to the point of fighting. Defendant has had it drilled into him that fighting = getting kick off the football team.

I saw this rerun from 2012 and decided to check to see how these young men were doing as young adults. Sadly, Devyn Rodgers, the defendant (football player) was killed in an accident last week.  The plaintiff (Brody) wrote a brief farewell to Devyn on his (Brody's) facebook page.

Edited by momtoall
  • Love 4

What the hell precious DVD workout set these three siblings were fighting over like so many gold bars?

Wyatt (named after Wyatt Earp(? - bwhahahhaa!), who would NOT be made proud) Guzman and his brother get into a ferocious bitchfight in Wyatt's little bedroom in his mommy and daddy's house over some stupid DVDs ( I fell asleep) They're not 12 years old - These are !twenty-five year old men! we're talking about here, believe it or not. Good lord, but these shows make me so glad I'm not young and looking for a partner these days.

28 minutes ago, momtoall said:

Sadly, Devyn Rodgers, the defendant (football player) was killed in an accident last week. 

OMG, that's awful. His parents must be devastated. He seemed like a bright boy. Gee, I remember in high school boys used to get into fights and no one thought about calling the police or taking it to court. Everyone expected them to act like idiots at that age, showing off their testosterone surges. Love how plaintiff's mommy had to run out of the room because she couldn't take seeing her snowflake get his ass beaten. You'd think it was a video of him being tortured, maybe stretched on the rack or flogged with a cat o' nine tails.  

22 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

No recaps Thursday & Friday, I'll be out of town!

So... where ya goin'? Nosey minds want to know.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, momtoall said:

I saw this rerun from 2012 and decided to check to see how these young men were doing as young adults. Sadly, Devyn Rodgers, the defendant (football player) was killed in an accident last week.  The plaintiff (Brody) wrote a brief farewell to Devyn on his (Brody's) facebook page.

That is terrible. I don't remember Brody's last name to look up his FB page, but props to him for posting a farewell since they obviously had issues. And looking at Devyn's FB page, he had his own issues. ?

No recaps Thursday & Friday, I'll be out of town!

No likes. As Alex Trebek would say, boo, hiss.

• Love 2

Grandma Theft Auto - Grandma dies and leaves a 17 yr beater to her daughter that is in Alaska.  Plaintiff enlists a friend in Washington to donate the rust pile so she can get a tax deduction, but defendant takes the car for herself.  She wrecks it and the insurance gives her $3K because the accident wasn't her fault.  She offered half the money to the plaintiff who demanded the whole amount.  JJ gave her the value of the car, $625, served her right for being greedy. One and a half gavel.

This one just almost had me running to the "Rulings We Disagree With" thread, UNTIL the hallterview when the def mentions offering to split the windfall.  Heh.

Greedy, indeed.  But a little weird, too.  And I also want to know just what the heck kind of "workout videos" these were!!  Me thinks not your average run of the mill. Hmmmm....

Out of town, @Toaster Strudel?  Excuse me? You are on the new "work a week, take a week off" recapper employment plan?  I think not!  (I hope it's a fun time, anyway!)

• Love 6