Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

On 5/16/2017 at 5:03 PM, iwasish said:

I get the upset over the poop, but why get bent out of shape about some dog hair? I brush my dog out on the picnic table on my deck.  I do bag what I can but lots of it flies away. I figure the birds will pick it up for a nest. The amount of  fur that comes out of a 70 lb Shepherd mix is incredible. I swear you could knit another dog or two with just one or two weeks worth of brushing.  I've never had anyone complain and if my neighbors were sitting outside eating or enjoying an evening outdoors, or had their laundry hanging on the line, I wouldn't even consider grooming her then.  Maybe I've been a shitty neighbor all this time and wasn't even aware!! 

Perhaps this would be useful to you:  https://www.amazon.com/Knitting-Dog-Hair-Better-Sweater/dp/0312152906

• Love 1
Just now, Brattinella said:

I won't be getting any Judge Judy today; my TV is totally consumed with bad weather/doppler radar.  Hopefully I don't miss anything important!

Same here even though it is only lightly snowing.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

Same here even though it is only lightly snowing.

I wish we only had light snow!  We keep hearing tornado sirens, etc.  Luckily, it looks like all the bad stuff will pass us to the east. :)

6 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

I wish we only had light snow!  We keep hearing tornado sirens, etc.  Luckily, it looks like all the bad stuff will pass us to the east. :)

I remember once I was working at Wendy's and there was a tornado right above us. We got the customers in the safe place and the employees went outside to watch it.

1 minute ago, Rabbittron said:

I remember once I was working at Wendy's and there was a tornado right above us. We got the customers in the safe place and the employees went outside to watch it.

LOL!  Really?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Rabbittron said:

I would have been the one crouched in the corner eating all the fries and frosties. Screw the tornado. J/K....I live in a tornado prone area too.

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, Brattinella said:

Hopefully all is well, and your tornado safe space is full of wine and cheeseballs!

Watched a bunch on the DVR today (with a slice of pizza and a big ol' glass of wine!)  Wacko blonde stalking "Victim?"  Did she EVER state what the stalking behavior was, other than being facebook friends with her ex? Dude lived 7 hours away, she contacted him first, and I never heard anything he did to cause problems. I have no doubt she will file for another restraining order. Hope he counter files, and wins again. I'm guessing he and the ex may well be friends now, if only to compare notes!

Finally saw Wooly Willie's case of the "attack" video.  Looked a little iffy to me. Dang, he wanted that video to be played!!

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

Hopefully all is well, and your tornado safe space is full of wine and cheeseballs!

Thank you!  Yes, everything is fine for now, didn't even rain on us.  But we have one more day of this tomorrow, with the same risks.  So, tomorrow I will be a lunatic again until it passes. :)

• Love 1

I'm just curious but does anyone else get their Judy episodes interrupted at least once a week lately? I'll be in the middle of an episode then I get the really annoying BREAKING NEWS thing that cuts to the White House doing a speech thing that ends up taking over the whole show so that I don't even get to see it! 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Brattinella said:

I won't be getting any Judge Judy today; my TV is totally consumed with bad weather/doppler radar.  Hopefully I don't miss anything important!

And you know I know your pain. ? all of the Hot Bench hour, and about 50 minutes of JJ was taken up by jokers in front of a weather map. All the first episode of JJ was weather, then just before the ruling in the first case of the second more weather. Second case came on with looney tunes lady who says stranger she's never met in person has been stalking her. Her proof, well that's in her file she didn't bring. Recess to let her produce her file, and.... more weather. Of course, right after JJ is the normal news time, so more weather.

I know, modern radar and weather warnings can save lives, but I always get the feeling that 90% of the severe weather reports are just weather guys playing with their toys. Today was a good example. Pretty much all the warnings could have been handled with split screen or scrolling text across the top/bottom of the screen. Instead, we were treated to a loop of different maps of storms 2 or more hours away that were traveling 45mph. After a while, people ignore the warnings and turn off the tv. Then, after a couple hours of repetitive reports, after everyone turned off their tv, actual tornadoes started to appear. Ok, rant over, bedtime ?

• Love 4
9 hours ago, SRTouch said:

Her proof, well that's in her file she didn't bring. Recess to let her produce her file, and.... more weather.

Based on what I could tell, it was basically(!), a screen shot of some random woman's facebook page that showed her friends.  And amongst the friends were the defendant and the ex.  STALKING!  JJ gave her nothing (duh) and awarded the def $5000 on the counter claim of harassment.  The "victim" couldn't be bothered to show up at court on the date of the restraining order hearing (she had a doctor's appointment! And a note!), but the def had driven 7 hours up, hotel room, case dismissed, and drove 7 hours home.  JJ all but laughed her out of court, and yet, she swears she will refile because the stalking/harassment  continues.  Judy pointedly argued that SHE was doing the harassing.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, SRTouch said:

And you know I know your pain. ? all of the Hot Bench hour, and about 50 minutes of JJ was taken up by jokers in front of a weather map. All the first episode of JJ was weather, then just before the ruling in the first case of the second more weather. Second case came on with looney tunes lady who says stranger she's never met in person has been stalking her. Her proof, well that's in her file she didn't bring. Recess to let her produce her file, and.... more weather. Of course, right after JJ is the normal news time, so more weather.

I know, modern radar and weather warnings can save lives, but I always get the feeling that 90% of the severe weather reports are just weather guys playing with their toys. Today was a good example. Pretty much all the warnings could have been handled with split screen or scrolling text across the top/bottom of the screen. Instead, we were treated to a loop of different maps of storms 2 or more hours away that were traveling 45mph. After a while, people ignore the warnings and turn off the tv. Then, after a couple hours of repetitive reports, after everyone turned off their tv, actual tornadoes started to appear. Ok, rant over, bedtime ?

Yes, and they really had those toys out for display last night!  After the storms on Tuesday, hubby bought me a new NOAA radio with all the bells and whistles.  It was going off like a champ, so was the EAS display on the TV.  Today the risks are MUCH lower, so now I can concentrate on my sick elderly cat.  Sorry to be a bummer.  Glad you made it through okay!

• Love 1

Also, any man who leaves his house (without it being located on a beachfront) without a shirt for any other reason than his house going up in flames automatically qualifies as a jerk in waiting. I've seen COPS (the show). I know. 

Y'all obviously don't live in Florida. Not a day goes by where I see multiple men driving around without shirts. I've seen men without shirts on walking on the sidewalk with their shirts in their hands. Hell, this morning on the way to work I passed a very rotund very tan older man with a dickie doo* riding a bicycle shirtless across the street.  I was afraid the pants were about to come off as he rode past. 

Rabbittron, my younger daughter used to yell at me to chase ambulances. She grew up and became a paramedic. Then she got her RN and now works in an ER at a large urban hospital and  (you guessed it) is married to a paramedic fire fighter. It flows through her blood lol. 

*dickie doo - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dickie do

• Love 2

I'll be traveling to tornado country next week.  Last time I went there at this time of year, we did end up having to go to the neighbor's basement (most of the neighborhood ended up there as well).  Close, but the tornado did not take out our neighborhood.  I kinda, sorta wanted to go upstairs to watch, but decided not to stress the rest of the crowd out by bad behavior. 

The upside of being laid off from my job is being able to watch JJ in the afternoon.  Unfortunately that doesn't negate the downsides, of which there are many.  LOL  But the women haggling over the violin was worth a laugh.  Who buys something without doing due diligence on price/quality first?  I don't even buy groceries these days without checking out best prices!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SandyToes said:

Based on what I could tell, it was basically(!), a screen shot of some random woman's facebook page that showed her friends.  And amongst the friends were the defendant and the ex.  STALKING!  JJ gave her nothing (duh) and awarded the def $5000 on the counter claim of harassment.  The "victim" couldn't be bothered to show up at court on the date of the restraining order hearing (she had a doctor's appointment! And a note!), but the def had driven 7 hours up, hotel room, case dismissed, and drove 7 hours home.  JJ all but laughed her out of court, and yet, she swears she will refile because the stalking/harassment  continues.  Judy pointedly argued that SHE was doing the harassing.

She was really off. I believed him when he said she was stalking and harassing him. Her "proof" was ridiculous. If she files for a new protective order I hope he sues her for harassment again! 

• Love 2

A JJ ruling had me really confused today.  She said she couldn't imagine that the plaintiff was telling the truth when he claimed his landlords were harassing him.  She said there was no way that a landlord would harass a paying tenant.  How many years has she been on the bench?

• Love 2

I wondered if I took too much medication after seeing that guy with the crazy shirt and tie combo AND the red heart tattoo on his head.   I guess The Cookoo Academy must have been let him out for the case.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

Y'all obviously don't live in Florida. Not a day goes by where I see multiple men driving around without shirts. I've seen men without shirts on walking on the sidewalk with their shirts in their hands. Hell, this morning on the way to work I passed a very rotund very tan older man with a dickie doo* riding a bicycle shirtless across the street.  I was afraid the pants were about to come off as he rode past. 

Or, San Diego, where unless I'm mis-remembering is where these folks were.

52 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

A JJ ruling had me really confused today.  She said she couldn't imagine that the plaintiff was telling the truth when he claimed his landlords were harassing him.  She said there was no way that a landlord would harass a paying tenant.  How many years has she been on the bench?

Oh, JJ, you should know better - you're from a city with rent control!

• Love 2
Just now, stephinmn said:

The Hawaiian shirt guy. Wow.

Boy howdy!  I was rolling on the floor from the first moment he appeared.  Shirt worn OVER a long-sleeve red shirt, to match his chrome-dome heart tattoo!  And his lolling his mouth open!  ARGH!

• Love 3

Deja vu time - the landlord plaintiff has almost identical hair to the People's Court plaintiff in the episode that ended right before JJ. Which was another landlord case - a fake landlord scam.

(edited)

Couldn't believe the hallterview in the police raid / gangbanger tenant/landlady case. Winning plaintiff just can't wait for him to be convicted in his ongoing assault case and accuses defendant of being a gang banger. His witty reply - "I'm not going to dispute that"

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

She said there was no way that a landlord would harass a paying tenant.

According to plaintiff, the defs - who wanted to rent out their place - let him move in and then started harassing him instantly, for no reason at all. He only had 8 people along with cats and a dog there and didn't always pay his rent on time, but I'm sure he did nothing wrong whatsoever, so the defs must both be totally psychotic. And don't quote Minnesota laws to JJ!

Alicia was so pathetic, so sad and desperate to take out a loan to fix the car of that cretin she picked up online that I can't even snark at her. Pitiful, she was.

Now off to watch the sea hags with the dueling violins!

• Love 3

JJ made me laugh out loud when she was mocking that dude with the fugly Day Glo shirt. I don't think I've seen somebody, even on this show,, standing at the podium with their damn mouth hanging open like a dead fish. Much less one that had a tat of a heart on the top of their head. Who does that?!

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

JJ made me laugh out loud when she was mocking that dude with the fugly Day Glo shirt. I don't think I've seen somebody, even on this show,, standing at the podium with their damn mouth hanging open like a dead fish. Much less one that had a tat of a heart on the top of their head. Who does that?!

I had to rewind the DVR so hubby could take a look at Mr Gawping DayGlo Pointy-Head.  SO astonishingly awful.

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Only folks who get the front of their car hit by old dude drifting their ancient junker through corners at what has to be one of the most confusing intersections around.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, patty1h said:

AND the red heart tattoo on his head.

At first I thought it was a tumor. 

And are we sure it was a tat? I thought it looked awfully vibrant for being a tattoo -- then I thought he either drew that thing on with a red Sharpie or it was a sticker. Either way: MUTANT. 

And get out of my head @shksabelle! I immediately thought he resembled Zippy, too!

14 hours ago, Brattinella said:

I had to rewind the DVR so hubby could take a look at Mr Gawping DayGlo Pointy-Head.  SO astonishingly awful.

Often I get the feeling litigants rehearse in front of a mirror. Not so, with Zippy the Hawaiian shirt dude - he's doesn't own a mirror. 

• Love 6
(edited)
16 minutes ago, SRTouch said:

Often I get the feeling litigants rehearse in front of a mirror. 

My mom thinks this too. Whenever we watch this together and someone starts with something like, "Well, I've known Jessica since kindergarten..." instead of just answering JJ when she asks, "How did the window get smashed?" I scream, "ANSWER THE QUESTION SHE ASKED!" 

Mama WhoaWhoKnew just says, "They didn't practice all night for that question."

Edited by WhoaWhoKnew
  • Love 9

OMG. I haven't found the violin hags yet, but what I just watched left me as gape-jawed as Zippy the Pinhead (who claimed plaintiff was driving his car sidways). Zippy didn't seem to understand "Close your mouth!" JJ does not want to see anyone's molars or flapping tongues and I don't blame her. Thank you to both plaintiff and def, for sticking to the rule that no one may fight over cars that are less than 20 years old. And that was definitely a heart tatted on Zippy's shiny pate.

And then it was interesting how "Marquise" seems to thinks it's just ho-hum, or amusing, that he was incarcerated for "assault with a deadly weapon" but doesn't leave home without his diamond earrings. For some reason, landlord plaintiff didn't appreciate the SWAT team, or whoever, breaking down her door to nab Marquise. That might all be rather amusing, aside from the fact that children are involved in this sleazy debacle.

Romarin of Many (old beater) Cars? We don't really know how many, or what he paid, or what year they are since he doesn't seem to know. "Romarin"? I have jars of that in my pantry, since romarin means "Rosemary" in French. Rosemary's dopey, dumbass friend, the def. also has no clue how to tell the truth and the whole thing was just a boring mess.

Dusty (who truly doesn't know what day it is and who says things like "He has went") and her daughter, Saebra (sporting a lip ring) who obviously got their names from the "Trailer Trash Baby Naming Book) presented yet another case that makes me think that JJ isn't paid enough, no matter what she earns. Def wanted plaintiff, Harold, to build a shed when he's in a wheelchair? How would that work, anyway? She gave all his junk to another tenant? All kinds of locks were changed here and there, and Dusty's daughter Saebra was testifying for def which made Dusty get all emotional and oh, god, I couldn't take anymore and cut this short.

• Love 4

Boy, you summed those up pretty well, AH!   The Dusty case (baby name book! Snerk!) had me reeling from trying to keep up. Almost need a map of the relationships in that group.

30 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Rosemary's dopey, dumbass friend

Truer words were never spoken.  Just wow. Dumber than a box of hair. (And wasn't it pretty, by the way?! Blerg)

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Dusty (who truly doesn't know what day it is and who says things like "He has went") and her daughter, Saebra (sporting a lip ring) who obviously got their names from the "Trailer Trash Baby Naming Book) presented yet another case that makes me think that JJ isn't paid enough, no matter what she earns. Def wanted plaintiff, Harold, to build a shed when he's in a wheelchair? How would that work, anyway? She gave all his junk to another tenant? All kinds of locks were changed here and there, and Dusty's daughter Saebra was testifying for def which made Dusty get all emotional and oh, god, I couldn't take anymore and cut this short.

I'm not sure Dusty knew where she was.  She appeared to be in a daze.  I really don't blame JJ for not asking any more question, after the initial attempt.  Dusty was of no use and I'm not sure why the plaintiff thought she would be able to supply in useful info.   I found it amusing that he was shocked to learn that Dusty had a hand in moving his belongings.  Obviously this was news to the plaintiff.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, momtoall said:

I'm not sure Dusty knew where she was.  She appeared to be in a daze.  I really don't blame JJ for not asking any more question, after the initial attempt.  Dusty was of no use and I'm not sure why the plaintiff thought she would be able to supply in useful info.   I found it amusing that he was shocked to learn that Dusty had a hand in moving his belongings.  Obviously this was news to the plaintiff.

I thought his response was because he was surprised Saebra was Dusty's daughter.

• Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I thought his response was because he was surprised Saebra was Dusty's daughter.

That's what I thought, too. But then they immediately cut to a commercial then returned after only to completely ignore what the guy just said. As JJ would say, "Irritating." 

Edited by Guest
6 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

That's possible, but since he and Dusty had been on and off for years (I thought that was the testimony) I figured he would know Saebra was Dusty's daughter.  Silly me ..

• Love 1
On 5/19/2017 at 10:00 PM, SRTouch said:

Only folks who get the front of their car hit by old dude drifting their ancient junker through corners at what has to be one of the most confusing intersections around.

I can actually see the accident happening the way Zippy described. Maybe the plaintiff made a left turn without a green arrow and Zippy came zipping through the intersection, hitting the plaintiff. Didn't the plaintiff say that the insurance company found him culpable? Did JJ even look at a police report?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, basiltherat said:

How the heck could Judy look at a police report when she was blinded by Zippy's styling' outfit!?!

I can just picture her looking at the litigant before she came out.  Clutching her sides and tears streaming down her face!  Getting her composure back for the show.

• Love 8