Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I'm glad it was a rerun, we didn't get JJ today because of basketball.

We got JJ, but not People's Court.  I make a motion that sporting events (including celebratory parades) MUST be held on weekends so as not to mess with our regular TV shows.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, AZChristian said:

We got JJ, but not People's Court.  I make a motion that sporting events (including celebratory parades) MUST be held on weekends so as not to mess with our regular TV shows.

I agree. It's bad enough that some locations don't show JJ on weekends. Once they start messing with our weekday viewing, it's too much.

• Love 3

Did anyone catch the case of the guy on disability from PTSD due to his childhood and stress in relation to that and to caring for his ADHD child suing the woman on disability for bail money supposedly borrowed from him? How do these people qualify for disability? I have cystic fibrosis and don't get any $ for my disability. How do these people talk the system into supporting them?

Edited by jilliannatalia
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, jilliannatalia said:

Did anyone catch the case of the guy on disability from PTSD due to his childhood and stress in relation to that and to caring for his ADHD child suing the woman on disability for bail money supposedly borrowed from him? How do these people qualify for disability. I have cystic fibrosis and don't get any $ for my disability. how do these people talk the system into supporting them?

Harvey Levin (or some other scuzzbag) as their attorney?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, jilliannatalia said:

Did anyone catch the case of the guy on disability from PTSD due to his childhood and stress in relation to that and to caring for his ADHD child suing the woman on disability for bail money supposedly borrowed from him? How do these people qualify for disability. I have cystic fibrosis and don't get any $ for my disability. how do these people talk the system into supporting them?

Apparently it's some folks family business. 

• Love 4
On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 5:55 PM, Spunkygal said:

As she said, she left because of "lack of disrespect." I am proud of you, Cassandra!

That's "Kissaundra," if you please. Raven and Kissaundra. Parents must have been on drugs.

Ms. Lawson is, unfortunately, the poster child for the pathetic and rabid desperation we see in way too many women. She is nice-looking, educated, articulate and has a good job. She is more than willing to put up with the pig-eyed, dumb, fugly, porky, "I seen"/ "me and her had" repulsive and slimy Mr. Hay, who thinks he's a hot property and who used HER money to rent a car for the def (who is probably the object of his wanking fantasies, but I'm sure she'd rather die than touch him). Ms. Lawson - you can do MUCH better. Trust me.

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:21 PM, jilliannatalia said:

Did anyone catch the case of the guy on disability from PTSD due to his childhood and stress in relation to that and to caring for his ADHD child suing the woman on disability for bail money supposedly borrowed from him? How do these people qualify for disability? I have cystic fibrosis and don't get any $ for my disability. How do these people talk the system into supporting them?

No one works - they have bad backs and PTSD -  but they can afford drugs and booze for years and years. Thinking about how much money those two parasites have been sucking up for years is sickening. One son is in jail and I guess the other will be too as soon as he's old enough. No surprise when you look at the unfit, addict parents. Do drugs, be an alcoholic if you like (it would be nice if you paid for your vices yourselves) but please just don't have kids. If you're always too drugged or drunk to think about birth control get yourselves sterilized. Are methamphetemines prescription drugs now? Def. couldn't afford rent or child support, but she certainly can afford food.

• Love 4
On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:21 PM, jilliannatalia said:

18 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

No one works - they have bad backs and PTSD -  but they can afford drugs and booze for years and years. Thinking about how much money those two parasites have been sucking up for years is sickening. One son is in jail and I guess the other will be too as soon as he's old enough. No surprise when you look at the unfit, addict parents. Do drugs, be an alcoholic if you like (it would be nice if you paid for your vices yourselves) but please just don't have kids. If you're always too drugged or drunk to think about birth control get yourselves sterilized. Are methamphetemines prescription drugs now? Def. couldn't afford rent or child support, but she certainly can afford food.

I am always shocked at the people who legit need disability and can't get it, or who choose not to use it, but how other people get it so quickly.  I wasn't so jaded until I worked for a collection agency, and the people who would come through our office would just make me rage at times.  The ones who stick out the most were the guy who received it because he was an alcoholic and he refused to get clean because then he'd no longer be considered disabled (he lived across the street from us and every day we'd see him walk down the railroad tracks to the distributor and come back with a case or two of beer), one who had a "bad back" but could run down the alley and hop over 2 sets of railroad tracks and a ditch to get to calls for the volunteer fire department (we personally saw him do it more than once - he lived down the street), many young single mothers who had "disabled" kids (usually ADHD or something hard to quantify) so they "couldn't" work and got paid to stay at home all day and often got other money from the state for their care and would have more kids when the other ones would become school age, and one who had been laid off from her factory job and was told by a person who came in to try to help employees find other jobs that she had a "below average" IQ, and would qualify as disabled - not only did she get disability, she got years and years worth of back pay (she had the paperwork to prove it) because no one recognized she was "below average" and she shouldn't have had to work all those years.  I'm still trying to figure that one out.  Meanwhile, my husband's best friend from high school had to fight for over a year to get disability while he's waiting on a double transplant (kidney/liver) due to a legit illness.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

I am always shocked at the people who legit need disability and can't get it, or who choose not to use it, but how other people get it so quickly.

This!!!  My brother sustained a Traumatic Brain Injury in a horrific car crash years ago and he was denied twice before finally being approved many years (and atty's fees) later.  It's a racket like anything else.  I'm really surprised at how many JJ cases involve people receiving disability.  It's eye-opening.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, bad things are bad said:

am also shocked that people live on $800-900 a month. Jeebus. I don't get paid big bucks but I'd have to rent a room on Craiglist and eat lunch at the Costco sample table to be able to survive on that. 

It's more do-able if you factor in that your housing is either fully paid for, or mostly paid for, your medical needs are fully or mostly covered, you have someone contributing to your food budget, you qualify for assistance on any utilities not covered (except for cable/internet), etc.  And you don't have to declare child support or SSI any minor children get into that.  We used to have people fill out financial statements when they were trying to get bills or taxes forgiven, and many would tell us they received child support, or SSI for their "disabled" kids, and many are unmarried but have partners living with them "unofficially" so their income doesn't have to be taken into account when we would ask how they could live on that amount per month.  Some people get back pay from disability, and some get settlements from accidents or their jobs.  None of that has to be factored in either.  And as someone upthread mentioned, sometimes you find 2 and 3 generations of disabled people all living under one roof, pooling their money, etc.  People complain about welfare, but disability is where you find the scammers (well, most of them).

• Love 2

Rerun from 2013: Normally the part before the commercial break is just the intro stuff, so I hadn't paid any attention to it until they come back from the break and the defendant is gone. Tivo to the rescue: Guy with two homes, one in Huntington Beach and one in Palm Beach (or so he claims - halterview says he was living on the boat because he had nowhere else), can't come up with $2000 to buy out the co-owner of a boat. JJ suggests selling the boat. Oh, no, that sets off an instant ragestorm and off he goes.

• Love 1

With so much discussion of Gary, I really wanted the show to give him the spotlight for a few minutes. What makes Gary so irresistible? Why do women physically fight over Gary? Oh wait, that's right -- we know the answers to these questions already. Sweaty desperation is what makes girls duke it out over Gary. (I tried to use the word "Gary" several times just like they did in the case.)

• Love 3
On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 6:03 PM, Jamoche said:

: Guy with two homes, one in Huntington Beach and one in Palm Beach

Well, I guess it's true, if one considers holing up in a room in someone else's house as "homes." Gary is a party animal and a hot property. He may be a lowlife slimeball too (it's always a good strategy to tell JJ, "You don't know what you're talking about!) with a bit of a self-control and anger issue, but hey - he's got a pulse so of course women are fighting over him.

I won't mention the rerun of the wintry romance in which a predatory woman in a battered women's shelter is dredging up more men online - apparently men who will throw her a few bucks or a 500$ car - even one with an "erectile dysfunction" problem. Seriously, do these people have zero internal censors? Did she really think JM wants to know about the condition of that old fool's penis? UGH UGH!! The daughter sits there listening to this and her only complaint was about bedbugs which makes no sense. Sounded like cockroaches to me. Bedbugs don't hop around.

Today was the rerun of the filthy hoarder, who just wanted "residue" cleaned from her walls and windows, while she's living in conditions that would make a vulture gag. JM didn't believe she was living there. After seeing episodes of "Hoarders" I certainly believe she was.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Today was the rerun of the filthy hoarder, who just wanted "residue" cleaned from her walls and windows, while she's living in conditions that would make a vulture gag. JM didn't believe she was living there. After seeing episodes of "Hoarders" I certainly believe she was.

@AngelaHunter . . . this was People's Court, not JJ.  Just finished watching it here.  Amazing that someone can look clean in court, but lives in that filth.  Wonder what she smelled like.

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, CoolWhipLite said:

Blame Gary.

Why not? I was fantasizing about appearing on TeeVee wearing a very low cut dress to show my bazooms to JJ and the world and standing there laughing like a jackass at Gary when I'm the big ol' desperate fool who hooked up with him and got snookered.

• Love 6

One of my favorites was on today.  Couple  left a supposedly $3,600 painting in the trunk of a car that they brought in for detailing. Love how Judge Judy shut them down. Especially the wife/ lawyer. Really people. Common sense, people. Don't leave expensive s*** in your car and then ask someone to clean it.

• Love 8

Don't leave expensive s*** in your car and then ask someone to clean it.

Definitely, but even if you do, you absolutely do not toss a "valuable" rolled up painting into a car trunk without putting it in a tube to protect it.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, SandyToes said:

And we also had the 25 lb "chawaawaa" case!  My favorite part:

JJ:  "Don't be stupid!"

Me:  (and the whole world) "Too late!"

Great reruns today.  Except for the poor puppy part.

What an utterly HATEFUL pair the defendants were!  I kept wishing JJ would cut off her mic.  And they have children!  Poor puppy.  "oh yeah that's just our puppy dying from a chicken bone there by our house." "Well, she coulda just brought him BACK!"   Gaaahh!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ElleMo said:

One of my favorites was on today.  Couple  left a supposedly $3,600 painting in the trunk of a car that they brought in for detailing. Love how Judge Judy shut them down. Especially the wife/ lawyer. Really people. Common sense, people. Don't leave expensive s*** in your car and then ask someone to clean it.

Just for grins, I looked up the artist online.  FINALLY.  Someone whose artistic ability is worse than mine.  I know, I know.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Well, this beholder found no beauty in his work.  But he's married to a lawyer, and it looks like there's some old money in the family, so he gets to do grade-school-level art and pretend it's modern or something.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Well, this beholder found no beauty in his work.

I did better work than that in grade school, honestly. He seems to be a slighty dim dabbler and dopey dilettante. Whoever said he must have family money, I'm sure that's right. Let's hope he never has to work for a living.  And with the caliber of lawyers we see on this show - everything unethical, pompous sleazy liars to just plain stupid and dumb (like the Mrs. here), I will do everything in my power to never need one. It's really appalling. Loved the def.

• Love 5

The lawyer/artist couple cracked me up.

This could be a bar question on negligence. Mrs. Artist, who is an attorney, leaves a valuable painting in the trunk of her car when it's left for detailing, and the painting is damaged. Who was negligent in this instance, and why?

• Love 2
On 3/22/2017 at 8:28 PM, Intocats said:

Two Amish and a rabbi walked into a bar....

(sorry, couldn't resist)

It's a rerun, but lots of fun to watch Mr. Werthimer try to school JJ on the law.

On 3/22/2017 at 8:36 PM, AngelaHunter said:

I think that was - An Amish, an old-timey prospector and a rabbi... Yah, they were a lot of fun.

Werthimer is (or was) a registered sex offender in Cali. http://www.homefacts.com/offender-detail/CA1869525004243/Mark-David-Wertheimer.html

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

Werthimer is (or was) a registered sex offender in Cali

A pedophile, of all things. How is something like that not only roaming free, but has no compunction about showing his face on TV? And here I thought he ws just a fast-talking, obnoxious hustlah. Ugh.

2 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

A pedophile, of all things. How is something like that not only roaming free, but has no compunction about showing his face on TV? And here I thought he ws just a fast-talking, obnoxious hustlah. Ugh.

I remember someone posting about his record when the episode first aired. I remember being skeeved by it and was re-skeeved when I read here that the episode was repeated. 

Didn't miss much, I don't think chenoa333.  I recognized the 3 idiot girls who forced a roommate out mid-lease, and then sued her for back rent. When JJ asked if there were ridiculous! they just kept adding to the list of things they thought the girl owed them. Mean girls, indeed.  I switched to "My Dream Lottery House" or whatever that show is when the second JJ rerun came on.  Didn't look like something I needed to fold laundry to.

• Love 1

Watching another one of my favorites on DVR right now -- guy rents a winter home for a few years in a row.  Instead of bringing all his stuff home or renting a storage space, he cheaps out and leaves it at the home for the rest of the year.  When owner decides to sell, he wants stuff back.  Daughter came to get stuff,  signs  off that she picked everything up, but renter complains that some Christmas decorations and some odds and ends are missing.

He is clearly an idiot. And JJ is not impressed at all.  I know he loses, but I missed the ending because a special report breaks through. Apparently the healthcare bill is more important than Judge Judy

• Love 3
3 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

JJ not on today in my neck of the woods. Some sporting events are more important than my beloved "grandma JJ" schooling ignorant people on common sense. 

Yeah, we've had the NCAA tournament almost all week, so I haven't been able to watch either.

Thanks for heads-up. I like reruns, but not when they center around mean, dumb little girls and I had no desire to revisit the tinsel maniac fighting tooth and nail over dollar store Xmas decorations.

Does anyone watch JJ's "Hot Bench"? I decided to try it for a few days during JJ and TPC reruns, and found I quite liked it. So far, we've been spared any savage, toothless cretins battling over loser men, smashing windshields or slashing tires and haven't even heard a "tooken" yet. Yes, I know I've only seen a few eps, but still... Even the violent nutcase yesterday was well-spoken and demure in court.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Thanks for heads-up. I like reruns, but not when they center around mean, dumb little girls and I had no desire to revisit the tinsel maniac fighting tooth and nail over dollar store Xmas decorations.

Does anyone watch JJ's "Hot Bench"? I decided to try it for a few days during JJ and TPC reruns, and found I quite liked it. So far, we've been spared any savage, toothless cretins battling over loser men, smashing windshields or slashing tires and haven't even heard a "tooken" yet. Yes, I know I've only seen a few eps, but still... Even the violent nutcase yesterday was well-spoken and demure in court.

Yes, I've watched hot bench since it premiered. I really like it. I think the judges talking among themselves about the verdict makes it even more interesting. They also seem to pick litigants that are a little higher class and cases that are more interesting. though they do seem to have a huge number of dog cases

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ElleMo said:

Yes, I've watched hot bench since it premiered. I really like it. I think the judges talking among themselves about the verdict makes it even more interesting. They also seem to pick litigants that are a little higher class and cases that are more interesting. though they do seem to have a huge number of dog cases

Ditto, been watching from the get-go. With three judges, they sometimes individually rule based on their "feelings", knowing the other two will over rule them and the majority ruling will be based on the law. It's definitely not a rubber stamp, they often disagree on points and like you I enjoy watching them discuss the testament and arrive at a consensus. I think that was something we saw more often from ex-judge Bakman. Also, I think Bakman often played devil's advocate - arguing a point even when he didn't believe in it. After Bakman's rather abrupt departure (at least it caught me by surprise) both JJ's, Jerry and Judy, made guest appearances as the third judge. When Judge Judy appeared we saw a different, softer side of her - not the crotchety grumpy old lady.

Edited by SRTouch
Wrong word
  • Love 2

I've only seen cases with J.Bakman (guess I'm seeing reruns) and he's part of the reason I like this show. There needs to be at least one judge who really calls out the liars and scammers on their shit. So he's not with the show anymore?

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I've only seen cases with J.Bakman (guess I'm seeing reruns) and he's part of the reason I like this show. There needs to be at least one judge who really calls out the liars and scammers on their shit. So he's not with the show anymore?

Yeah, he disappears at either the end of last season or the beginning of this one - no explanation except a lame "going back to his private practice." As his replacement they brought in another retired NYC judge (who some viewers complain is boring).

• Love 2

I got the rerun of Martin Mull(et) and his all-purple purple zoot suit yesterday. And I guess I missed this on the first airing back in 2012, but during the hallterview, Martin Mull(et)'s wife literally threatened to murder the plaintiff. I think that might have been a first. 

2 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I got the rerun of Martin Mull(et) and his all-purple purple zoot suit yesterday.

Somehow that "pacific" freak show faded into the mists of time. A classic I must rewatch tonight.

Sometimes I can't help but imagine JJ coming out of her fake office, clocking the setup in front of her and thinking, "You gotta be fuckin' kidding me!"

• Love 3