Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

The child support case was very confusing. I didn't understand JJ saying the deadbeat dad wouldn't need to pay support for X number of months to offset what granny had forked out. The guy was over 7k in arrears with child support, so why not deduct what granny paid the defendants from the arrearage and he keeps paying the monthly amount? I didn't make sense (but the whole thing didn't make much sense).

The shed kerfuffle had me howling. I picture the shed as being one of those sheet metal numbers you order from Sears that was all dented, rusty and mossy and plopped down on some concrete blocks. The $75 defendant paid the dope sick daughter was probably way too much. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, GussieK said:

I had the understanding that she had two kids with the plaintiff's son and then married co-defendant and had two kids.  They got divorced but still had a third child on the way and were living together.  I had that feeling because they were describing the kid who stayed with plaintiff as an older kid who was using drugs.  A very sad story all around and too many kids made by less than exemplary parents.  The plaintiff's ex-con son had another older kid they mentioned as living with plaintiff and also using drugs.

Or maybe I misunderstood that last part and she was referring just to the bad father.

Forgot about the older kid that used drugs.  So I guess your understanding does make more sense.  But it was really confusing!

14 hours ago, CoolWhipLite said:

I think I remember that in the beginning of the case, she said that she had been charged with that three times. And she said it with full IDGAF 'tude. Who knows if she was low-balling it by saying three. So, maybe there are several victims in addition to her daughter. 

I'd agree probably several more victims. If she did time for three she was probably charged with more and took a plea bargain - at least that's how crime TV works. And if charged with several, that was probably the tip of the iceberg, with many more instances where they didn't have enough to charge her.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, WaitForMe said:

Yeah, this. Usually JJ tells them to sit their ass down because they don't have anything to do with it.  The pregnant x-whatever didn't look too bright though so I think he handled everything. 

I think JJ pretty much had to let dufus talk, since wifey said he was the one who dealt with granny to get the loan.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

Then Daddy rushed up and whisked them away from the scene of the crime (and got rid of the ATV before the cops came). 

And told the kids, "Let's get the fuck outta here." A fine example this outstanding dad is setting for his kids - lie, deny to the end, and never take responsibility for anything you do.

• Love 8
21 hours ago, patty1h said:

"Don't prey on my child!, don't prey on my child; apologize to my child".  Your "child" is a grown-ass drug addict and it's time to stop being a helicopter mom to an adult woman.  Daughter dear was devious enough to try to sell property to get drug money and you should be blubbering about that instead of a broken down shed.  

The defendant was nicer than I would be - she said sorry.  I would have given that loud-mouth a rousing "kiss my ass".

OMG I wanted to reach through the TV and slap that bitch!   What an idiot, BUT I really did want to know her rationale for suing for $4k on a $75 shed.  I think we got ripped off here JJ.

Edited by AlleC17
  • Love 6

I found it hard to believe that Shenandoah Baker was 38 years old.  She looks older than her mother.  Drugs take their toll.

Does JJ really think that anybody can walk into a store and ask for a copy of a receipt for an item they purchased years ago?

• Love 7

Sorry to dredge up ancient history, but I just watched Dianna Cruz. Well, shit. She left the home because the memories of her deceased mother were just too painful - oh, and also because the house was such a decrepit hovel the town declared it unfit for human habitation. But that's not important, right? I did enjoy the audience barely able to contain their mirth (and JJ who did not contain her mirth) that Dianna wanted four thousand dollars for a shed her druggie daughter sold to def for 75$. Maybe the shed was also filled with precious, irreplaceable memories for Dianna? MY CHILD MY CHILD MY CHILD. Said child also couldn't contain her own mirth at her crazy, money-grubbing mother's histrionics in the hall.

And BTW, defendant shouldn't have said she's sorry after this nutty bitch dragged her into court for nothing.

Oh, god - just watched croaky granny who screeches that "They" (meaning the taxpayers) should pay her to take care of her only grandchild, because her daughter spends all her money on weaves and someone's gotta pay her! Jesus...

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 15

I kept waiting for JJ to blast that guy who kept calling her "miss", but she let it slide.  I know Judge Milian on People's Court shuts it down ASAP when she's called that - it's a respect thing to her.   Very surprised it doesn't bother JJ.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Tunia said:

Blondie's parents didn't think it was creative enough to name their kid Destiny, they had to spell it "Destyni".

Directly from that year's "Top Trailer Trash Baby Names Book", and Momma probably handed down the passion for dyed platinum hair, the likes of which haven't been seen since, well, since we had our last trailer trash litigant here.  As for poor challenged Zach (here with his auntie... well, not his auntie - his third cousin. Oh, wait - she's a friend of his mom's. There.)and who stands there declaring he gets paid under the table and mans up by buying his kid diapers, calling JJ "Miss" - not much point saying anything to him, about anything at all. Destyni obviously thought he has those stellar genes that made her want to breed with him. I'm sure both of them and their unfortunate offspring have wonderful futures ahead of them. I don't know the outcome of this despressing shit, since lately I can only watch most cases in small increments and I couldn't take any more of this one.

JJ doesn't mind being called "Miss" or even "Sir". She only flips out when some mouthbreather calls her "Judy."

• Love 5

You know she had to correct people every single time they  wrote down her name.  So what did she name her own child?  At first, I thought I heard "Sandra" but it's "Zander". Or maybe "Xander."

• Love 5
6 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

And told the kids, "Let's get the fuck outta here." A fine example this outstanding dad is setting for his kids - lie, deny to the end, and never take responsibility for anything you do.

And then reward the man who clearly cares more about your kids than you do (because . . . letting two children under age 7 race a motor vehicle on a public street--or anywhere!) by calling him a racist to add insult to injury.  You're a real gem, buddy.  I hope Children and Family Services was watching.

• Love 3

I've noticed a pattern -- the deadbeat dads always announce that they buy diapers. These men consider occasional diaper purchases to be proof of their status as a responsible father. Wonder what they claim to contribute after the potty-training phase? Hmmm...let me take a wild guess.  

When guys on Judge Mathis claim to make off-the-books type of contributions for their children, Judge Mathis tells them that they're only hurting themselves in the long run (if they are truly making contributions, as they claim). He reminds them that all of those dollars are not being tracked and officially counted as child support. Therefore, the mother could claim, at any time, that they haven't received any money at all, and the courts could require the man to pay years of back child support. Again, this scenario assumes that the man was actually giving money with some regularity.  

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

And then reward the man who clearly cares more about your kids than you do (because . . . letting two children under age 7 race a motor vehicle on a public street--or anywhere!) by calling him a racist to add insult to injury. 

I wasn't even shocked by very young children being handed motorized veHICKles to do with as they pleased. I've heard it too many times both here and on TPC. Funny, but in the case on TPC it went just as it did here - the person who had his garage door all smashed to shit was called a racist for wanting the father (who also grabbed his kids and took off) to pay for the damage. I'm sure that being a racist is the only reason someone would complain when his property is severely damaged. 

• Love 9

That's so funny--I'm making an apple sour-cream quick bread tonight.  But not in a Bundt pan.

I guess JJ might make her own Bundt cakes.  I just don't see it, though.  I see her more as the type to make reservations.  And bring store-bought cakes.  (My mother brought me up to believe that it was better to be run over by a crosstown bus than to show up at someone's house without a cake.  The kind she brought were always in a cardboard bakery box.)  But who knows what other skills JJ's hiding up inside those voluminous sleeves?!

• Love 6

I always imagined if JJ showed up at my door for dinner, she'd bring a chocolate babka, not a bundt cake.

I had a hard time following the non-cashed check for gravel or loan pay back.  Both the plaintif and defendant come off as a little confuzzled when faced with point blank yes-or-no questions.  I don't think either of them were Rhodes scholars. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

I guess JJ might make her own Bundt cakes.

She's made it pretty clear a number of times that she never uses her stove. Neither would I if I didn't have to, but my chocolate layer cake is truly to die for.

Today I was dozing and watching and didn't even realize one of the eps - with dopey stupid daughter and outrageous momma suing defendant for a lawn mower or whatever - until I heard JJ bark, "Don't show me pictures of your mother being choked!" which is one of the best lines spoken in the history of teevee evah, bar none.  

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

She's made it pretty clear a number of times that she never uses her stove. Neither would I if I didn't have to, but my chocolate layer cake is truly to die for.

Today I was dozing and watching and didn't even realize one of the eps - with dopey stupid daughter and outrageous momma suing defendant for a lawn mower or whatever - until I heard JJ bark, "Don't show me pictures of your mother being choked!" which is one of the best lines spoken in the history of teevee evah, bar none.  

I can't believe I missed this. Who takes pictures of their mom being choked? Did she at least call 911 first? 

I do think that next time I'm stuck having to look at endless pictures of some coworker's kid's graduation or wedding, I might shout that out and run for the hills.

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

I had a hard time following the non-cashed check for gravel or loan pay back.  Both the plaintif and defendant come off as a little confuzzled when faced with point blank yes-or-no questions.  I don't think either of them were Rhodes scholars. 

Yup.  I think that was why brother/lawyer/well-dressed witness came along.  But defendant was bordering on being a true idiot/scumbag.

I was afraid Plaintiff wasn't going to win when JJ asked to him to think very carefully before he answered...  That's usually when  the trap snaps shut.

Off to bake a cake.  Craving one, for some reason...  Grab the wine, Angela, and head on over!

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

But defendant was bordering on being a true idiot/scumbag.

I kept falling asleep so had to turn this off, but I do like the idea of a borderline scumbag. I wonder if you can collect disability for that condition?

27 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

Off to bake a cake.  Craving one, for some reason...  Grab the wine, Angela, and head on over!

I wish, but I've had my quota of both for today. :(

• Love 5
3 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Wait, this happened today? And I didn't watch!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Wait, this happened today? And I didn't watch!

Don't worry - it was really boring. Moronic daughter and her nasty mother (who is 17 yrs her senior) moved in with kinda-dumb def. and now they're suing him for the cost of bunkbeds, cellphone bill and a lawn mower. We never got to see pics of Moms being throttled. It's unfortunate, because I'm pretty sure she deserved it.

• Love 3

Whaaat?

Well, that was fast. I have no idea what happened with the defendant - an accountant! - who got convicted of theft  and bounced a check but my god her husband is an aggressive jerk and she's no sweetheart herself.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

It's been a long day and a long week, hasn't it? When asked how he knew the defendant, the plaintiff replied, "Well, my granddaughter used to come by and play the fiddle and every once in a while we'd stop for a bite to eat. Sometimes it was peanut butter and jelly and sometimes it was bologna, but the wife knows I hate bologna, so...". 

Judy is always quick to retort, "'Um' is not an answer," so I'm amazed she permitted the plaintiff to ramble on and on without screaming at him, "Is there a point to all this?"  Lord knows I wanted to.

• Love 4
On 2/15/2017 at 8:07 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Directly from that year's "Top Trailer Trash Baby Names Book", and Momma probably handed down the passion for dyed platinum hair, the likes of which haven't been seen since, well, since we had our last trailer trash litigant here.  As for poor challenged Zach (here with his auntie... well, not his auntie - his third cousin. Oh, wait - she's a friend of his mom's. There.)and who stands there declaring he gets paid under the table and mans up by buying his kid diapers, calling JJ "Miss" - not much point saying anything to him, about anything at all. Destyni obviously thought he has those stellar genes that made her want to breed with him. I'm sure both of them and their unfortunate offspring have wonderful futures ahead of them. I don't know the outcome of this despressing shit, since lately I can only watch most cases in small increments and I couldn't take any more of this one.

JJ doesn't mind being called "Miss" or even "Sir". She only flips out when some mouthbreather calls her "Judy."

JJ and MM from People's Court are not actual judges. They are mediators. I think that is why Judge Judy doesn't insist on being called a Judge and  is okay with being called anything that is respectful.  Judy is not respectful. Miss is respectful.  She probably even likes it, because miss is usually said to younger.

Edited by ElleMo

I have a sour cream pound cake recipe that I make in a bundt cake pan - it always receives rave reviews.

Gravel fighters have property just up the freeway from me.  I was surprised to hear the defendant say that he lives in Mill Valley (in pricey Marin County), but has property up there - that's a bit of a drive to get there (probably about 2 hours, depending on traffic).  I'm always weirdly excited when anyone from my part of the world show up on Judge Judy.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Dead from the neck up, as Archie Bunker used to say. JJ: "Where did you think you were coming today, the beach?' Judging from the hair, I'd say a Rihanna concert.

Sweet little Justice calls her mom "Kia" and feels no guilt or responsibility to pay mom back $10,000 for her car.  So bad ol' Kia repoed Justice's car!  ZOMG!  She can't DO that!

• Love 1