Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E23: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Camille Grammer has 2 or 3 softcore films on her IMDB. And the very lovely talented Vanessa Williams has her nude photoshoot.

And if Camille and Vanessa publicly  scream filthy names at Luann just for being sexual (privately, and not for $$) then they too will be as worthy of judgement as Bethenny, aka Caller Out Of All Thing False and Wrong.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 19
5 hours ago, shoegal said:

This feels like politics, a point is made or question is asked about one candidate, a and the answer is how the other candidate is shittier. Jules age-shamed the other ladies. It's shitty, it's unacceptable and I would say it's bordering on sexist with the menopause comments. That's my opinion.

What Wire Wrap did -- to use your analogy -- is point out that the Jewish Asian candidate (" A General Tso chicken in every pot!") said something shitty all of three times, while the other candidates ("I see a shining Slut Shamers City on a hill!") said something shitty *every other minute*. 

Edited by film noire
had to register to vote!
  • Love 18

So we know Jules ain't coming back, but WTF does that have to do with Dorinda & Lu not being asked to come back?  Hmmm, unifying theme here?  Ya think?  Go against Bethenny & it's off with your head!  Yup, it's medieval times now in NY Housewives-land, with Bethenny ruling over in her reign of terror & slaughter of ANYONE who opposes her.  Guess Moaner, Sonja & Carole are playing it right to live in her asshole.  I don't know how any of 'em can live with themselves doing that, but that's another story . . .

Wait, so no more Lu?  Really?  Then we won't be seeing anymore of this?  Sniff-

• Love 9

At this point, it's too early to know who is or is not coming back, unless they announce it themselves, as Jules has, and Heather did last season. Bravo won't make such an announcement at this point (well, they never actually comment on who is coming back). I remember a couple of years ago when it was said that Ramona wasn't being asked back and that was all the conversation for weeks, yet there she was when the season began. It's hard for me to picture Dorinda not coming back, because she is so good at stirring the pot. Then again, for all the talk about how no one has anything going on, as far as I am aware, she literally has nothing going on, but I don't really think that is ever the point. The storyline this season revolved around Lu, but she hardly even gets a mention. Her storyline was almost only ever mentioned with regard to Beth, Sonja or Ramona. Without them making a thing out of it, it wouldn't have been a thing and no one would have been talking about her at all.  Her page over here gets almost no attention at all, which usually means the gal is just not that interesting in her own right. 

• Love 5
On September 16, 2016 at 5:01 AM, mwell345 said:

The poor thing:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/bethenny-frankel-not-in-rhony-season-8-group-hug-explained

"Bethenny previously said she was also physically exhausted by the end of the reunion when she teased the sit-down on her Radio Andy show in August. "I felt disgusting. I felt drained," she said."

Take Dorinda's advice, Bethenny, and look in the mirror.

Yeah people usually crash after a manic episode.

Notice the emotional lashing out, feelings of loss of control, anger and sadness, crying jags, super fast rapid speech and rambling, accusations and paranoia, and disgust and rejection of Bernadette her mother, an admitted bipolar? 

• Love 11

Luanne wasn't lying about Bethenny and her predatory lender boyfriend. They started dating before legal separation. She knew the wife MUCH better than she led you to believe. She's seen her many more times since high school. Also she said Dennis met Bryn as a babY. I would bet Jill shields met Bryn with him. 

Mmm... *sips tea*

"So, I think maybe the ‘fun and light’ Bethenny that people expect, with the quips and the comebacks, wasn't there.”

The delusion is real.

Is Bethany's married boyfriend a billionaire? Because if not, her blood-soaked pants are on fire.

• Love 11

sorry I can't find the post but someone questioned that Bethie knew Jill in hs. It's on the SG THREAD. Bethenny herself tweeted it.  Additionally there was this Gossip drop. They aren't always right but get a lot right 

If Bethie was born in 1970 and Jill who got married at 21 in 1991  would make them close in age   Means JS was born in 1969  on year difference and schools start at different times of the year depending on bday  they could have been in the same year depending on birth dates  if not it is only a year difference class wise at most 

http://tamaratattles.com/2016/06/09/bethenny-frankel-says-me-next-to-high-school-pals-husband/

im not going to out myself. She protested way too much about when she got together with DS. I said right from the start you don't have to believe me 

Edited by Twiggy
  • Love 12
7 minutes ago, Twiggy said:

sorry I can't find the post but someone questioned that Bethie knew Jill in hs. It's on the SG THREAD. Bethenny herself tweeted it.  Additionally there was this Gossip drop. They aren't always right but get a lot right 

http://tamaratattles.com/2016/06/09/bethenny-frankel-says-me-next-to-high-school-pals-husband/

im not going to out myself. She protested way too much about when she got together with DS. I said right from the start you don't have to believe me 

Yea, I think it's clear that Beth herself has acknowledged they went to HS together. What cracks me up is how the relationship seems to have changed and deepened, depending on what article you read. In some cases they went to school together (big fat fucking deal), in others they were casual friends, in yet others they were best friends, and in some they have been life long close friends. I don't believe Beth herself has ever said they were friends at all, but that they went to school together. 

• Love 6

Well they were friends. I guess as much as anyone can really be friends with Bethenny. I can't comment on what Bethenny says. I know from the other side.  Doubt she ever had a best friend. Anyway, all I know is they did go out with the girls occasionally throughout the years. Jill had 4 kids and married young. It's not like they went out manhunting. Lol. I'm done for now. Come to your own conclusions and think about how ridiculous the time stamp was. She was quite open this summer too  walking up sag beach flaunting him 

• Love 11
On 9/15/2016 at 4:56 PM, QuinnM said:

So in Bethenny's favor is the fact that she actually uses Madam Paulette, pays the bill, and speaks highly of the service. 

I haven't seen the episode yet, but need to drop in and say Madame Paulette's is amazing. John is kind of gross, but his biz is the real deal. I really don't think he needs the Housewives for publicity unless he's looking to go nationwide or something. MP's is never without customers.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Yea, I think it's clear that Beth herself has acknowledged they went to HS together. What cracks me up is how the relationship seems to have changed and deepened, depending on what article you read. In some cases they went to school together (big fat fucking deal), in others they were casual friends, in yet others they were best friends, and in some they have been life long close friends. I don't believe Beth herself has ever said they were friends at all, but that they went to school together. 

The went to high school together would not be at issue had Bethenny not repeatedly made an issue of Tom dating Ramona and Sonja.  She put it on blast right after Luann got engaged.   It is the old don't throw stones at glass houses.  As you said, the story changes.  Although, nothing is as weird as Bethenny saying she and Dennis ran in the same circles and then saying she said hi to his wife three times.  Add to that the daughter saying Bethenny was a family friend.  At this point they need to pick a lane. The different takes of what transpired lead down the road of duplicity.  Personally, if the Shields family wants to paint the relationship as one of virtue, I am all for it, kids, adults or not should not be asked to defend or explain.  An absolute is Bethenny should not be running her mouth about Luann.  Nor should Carole.

The other issues for Ms. Integrity and I Don't Lie, is she repeatedly denied she was dating Dennis until Luann linked the February story in June.  She had her reasons, just as Luann had her reasons for not telling Sonja straight away.  It is the old double standard, "do as I say, not as I do."  Ramona is another one who does the I don't discuss who I am dating, but expect full disclosure from Luann. 

To me the real dishonesty was Bethenny then raising an entirely off base cause for not revealing Dennis, that Luann is a man stealer.  So her desire to keep her married under wraps had nothing to do with Luann being a man stealer but all to do with she didn't want to go public.  She continued the "misrepresentations" and holding one person to a different standard should have been addressed.

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

The went to high school together would not be at issue had Bethenny not repeatedly made an issue of Tom dating Ramona and Sonja.  She put it on blast right after Luann got engaged.   It is the old don't throw stones at glass houses.  As you said, the story changes.  Although, nothing is as weird as Bethenny saying she and Dennis ran in the same circles and then saying she said hi to his wife three times.  Add to that the daughter saying Bethenny was a family friend.  At this point they need to pick a lane. The different takes of what transpired lead down the road of duplicity.  Personally, if the Shields family wants to paint the relationship as one of virtue, I am all for it, kids, adults or not should not be asked to defend or explain.  An absolute is Bethenny should not be running her mouth about Luann.  Nor should Carole.

The other issues for Ms. Integrity and I Don't Lie, is she repeatedly denied she was dating Dennis until Luann linked the February story in June.  She had her reasons, just as Luann had her reasons for not telling Sonja straight away.  It is the old double standard, "do as I say, not as I do."  Ramona is another one who does the I don't discuss who I am dating, but expect full disclosure from Luann. 

To me the real dishonesty was Bethenny then raising an entirely off base cause for not revealing Dennis, that Luann is a man stealer.  So her desire to keep her married under wraps had nothing to do with Luann being a man stealer but all to do with she didn't want to go public.  She continued the "misrepresentations" and holding one person to a different standard should have been addressed.

This is who Bethenny is though. She claims the others don't reveal their personal lives on the show but she leads that pack, she shares nothing about herself. If she is allowed to do it, it should also be an option for the rest of the cast. Bethenny doesn't get to pick and choose what should be exposed in their lives unless she is willing for them to expose her skeletons as well, and simply put, she isn't. And because she isn't, she needs to get off of reality TV and try her hand at scripted TV, either behind the camera or in front of it but she will never be happy to be the person behind it IMO.  She needs the camera on her just like a junkie needs her fix now.

• Love 14
16 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I must have had to many game day beers because I don't understand the comparison in Beth's relationship with Dennis and Lu's with Tom. Except they are both women dating men. 

I cannot speak for everyone, but my guess is that for some, the fact that Beth is dating a man who was married to her acquaintance/best friend/secret sister, etc. would have bugged no matter what Lu was doing. For the most part, most aren't going to like anything that Beth does. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I must have had to many game day beers because I don't understand the comparison in Beth's relationship with Dennis and Lu's with Tom. Except they are both women dating men. 

I cannot speak for everyone, but my guess is that for some, the fact that Beth is dating a man who was married to her acquaintance/best friend/secret sister, etc. would have bugged no matter what Lu was doing. For the most part, most aren't going to like anything that Beth does. 

Familiarity, as in Bethenny knew, and granted the degree varies greatly, her boyfriend's wife, just as Luann knew Sonja and Ramona.  Again there are wildly varying stories as to the degree Tom "knew" Ramona and Sonja. 

I don't think it would have even registered had Bethenny not stuck her nose into Luann's business and verbally assaulted her about behavior she was in fact engaging in.

I do get it is for the show, so we the audience are suppose to assign  some sort of judgment as to who Tom has dated.   

• Love 9
3 hours ago, snarts said:

Not that difficult.  One of the Bethenny's digs re: Lu's relationship with Tom was his former involvement with Ramona/Sonja.  Hypocritical or her since according to the daughter, Bethenny was a family friend of the Shields.  

Not to mention her digs re: Lu and married men.  Dennis Shields hasn't even filed for divorce, and they're out shopping for real estate?  Maybe the dude Lu made out with last year was "separated" too.  

I could give two shits what Bethenny does, were it not for her slut shaming/judging others re: their choices.  She gets irate when others question her life, so she should keep her to her lane.  

Sad that Jules won't be back.  It would be interesting to see her post-Michael.  

I would have loved to see a single and mingling Jules.  Maybe with her getting about 40% of what she hoped for in support there will be a change of heart.

• Love 11
52 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Familiarity, as in Bethenny knew, and granted the degree varies greatly, her boyfriend's wife, just as Luann knew Sonja and Ramona.  Again there are wildly varying stories as to the degree Tom "knew" Ramona and Sonja. 

I don't think it would have even registered had Bethenny not stuck her nose into Luann's business and verbally assaulted her about behavior she was in fact engaging in.

I do get it is for the show, so we the audience are suppose to assign  some sort of judgment as to who Tom has dated.   

But there are no degrees as to how well Lu knew Ramona and Sonja. Isn't that the topic at hand? Isn't the comparison about the friendship?  The one that Lu asserted about Carole? That she was her friend and going a whole 7 days without checking in with Lu about dating a mutual acquaintance made her a monster? Didn't in turn some thing that by Lu's own standard she should have at least checked in with Ramona? We know what the relationship is between these women, if nothing else than the fact that they have worked together for years. Any speculation about Beth and Jill is just that - speculation. Certainly I don't think anyone is asserting they have been particularly close - even in the way of mere coworkers. I just cannot see meaningful comparison between Beth's situation and Lu's. A comparison with Carole and Lu? All day everyday, and twice on Sunday. 

• Love 3

As discussed ad nauseam, Lu's main (admitted, anyway) beef with Carole pouncing on Adam was Lu's concern for her niece - as a mama bear, I give Lu a total pass in this, & also thought the friendly way L & Adam interacted at the recent party was genuine, appropriate & heartwarming.

Can it be only coincidence that both petty tyrants Trump & Bethenny set the record straight for us on the same day?  Drumpf re Obama's birth & Bethme re Lu's upcoming marriage.  SO relieved we've got our marching orders & no longer need ponder either of these matters.  

• Love 9
6 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I think there's a couple of things going on.  Beth was over the top regarding Tom having a relationship with Sonja and Ro before Lu.  Neither of those relationships were not quite what either of them were trying to portray.  Dennis Shields had a marriage with someone Beth knew and claimed that Dennis was in the same social circle as her.  Without his wife?  Sorry, that's a bit odd.  Beth didn't say they were on the same bowling team or in the same chess club.  She said said 'social'.  It's a bit hypocritical given Beth's reaction to Lu getting involved with Tom.  She fed the fire but gets all bent out of shape when someone questions her.  It's all BS as far as I'm concerned.

The more important thing going on, IMO, was that Beth went on and on about Lu 'f's every man in NY.  Lu 'f'ed the 'married man in Turks.  Beth sits in judgement.  She initiated judgement.  Lu didn't say anything until she had to hear Beth over and over again judging her.  It's not about not liking anything that Beth does.  It's about what she does do.  And the hypocrisy of a lot of it plus the venom she does it with.

• Love 21
On September 17, 2016 at 7:40 PM, JakeyJokes said:

Dorinda was MVP this episode for me, and maybe for this season. I don't know, I just feel like I *get* her. Jumping to rash conclusions because of the reality you've created in your own head? (i.e., thinking Carole's "apple" comment was about John being a pig and not a Real Housewife) Dramatic outbursts? Also being fiercely loyal and Mama Bear about your friends and wanting to "make it nice"? Not to be projecting so much, but yes, I get her. I especially loved when she wasn't falling for Sonja's emotionally manipulative crap.

Dorinda: I'm sorry.

Sonja: No, you're not.

Dorinda: Okay. I guess I'm not.

THAT'S how you deal with that, boys and girls.

Oh my gosh, to add to this list, that she goes around wearing one of the "What are you doing here without Dorinda!" shirts. I don't know why I find that so funny, but I do. I guess it just shows, IMO, that she has a sense of humor about herself. Very few of the HW, on any franchise, do. Maybe LVP and Shannon. And perhaps that's another reason that they're my faves. I don't love everything they do, but at least they can laugh at themselves.

• Love 11

I have the T-shirt in red and get compliments about it all the time! It's an interesting comparison to make with LuAnn, who sent T. Kyle McMahon (the T-shirt designer) a cease and desist letter when he tried to sell merchandise based off "Don't be uncool."

• Love 4
On 9/16/2016 at 5:54 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

I'm not sure why Luann's flaws should be judged relative to those of Bethenny. It's not an either/or proposition and only one of them can be found to be imperfect.  They both are.  

I mean, sure Bethenny may be a jerk.  But that doesn't make Luann not one. 

I just don't think their brands of "imperfection" are equal.

Lu, not everyone's cup of tea. Flawed and at times, self serving (pretty much on the spectrum of the average self absorbed Joe that annoys this one but not that one). 

Beth???? Heinous, nasty and destructive. No rhyme or reason or regret. You need to be on guard at all times.

When I weigh the two I don't see how Beth's treatment of her is somehow A OK just because Lu doesn't handle prying eyes and intruders into her life well. She denies cause she just doesn't think it's necessary to cut that deep into someone's world even on a reality show.

Lu's someone to avoid at most for some.

Beth's someone that will leave a horses head in your bed and make sure the camera's there to film it.

Now, Something I find funny. Lu gets flack for "being a liar" when for the most part the inconsistencies we see are about personal details of her life.

Even if she is caught lying, SO? It's being treated as if she's lied about things of actual consequence OR to the people that are directly affected by the lie. It's about HER life. So what if she wants to backtrack a bit about her and the Count. SO? Lu's pretty consistent with regards to her flailing about with her claims when it surrounds her life. Got it. She's not comfortable divulging ALL her secrets. What I don't get is the lack of understanding for why she does this. It seems pretty clear to me. There are certain things she would not want as fodder for the show. Whether it's a realistic goal is a whole other animal but Lu being painted as this huge lying liar who lies just because she's not big on having certain aspects of her personal life dissected or brought to light.... I mean cause that's the bulk of her pearl clutching lies. Things that surround HER for the most part. So this absolute outrage, especially by Beth about how Lu isn't running around with a sandwich board on listing all of her sins and ringing a bell announcing/confirming all of her deep dark secrets completely baffles me.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 15

Well I think it's whether one likes the Ho'Wife or not.  I like Bethenny because she's funny and works hard and I do believe that at least some of her schtick is genuine.  That having been said, I really don't care if LuAnn pulls a married guy on vacation and I really don't care overly much that she's marrying a guy who sounds like a complete asshole/famewhore.  She says he's her soulmate and I think she's right...  The one I feel really sorry for is Ramona.  She's 59 (at least) and out there on the singles scene.  My bet is that guys aren't banging down her door unless they want to get on tv and I'm not buying her dishevelled appearance and smug grin in Florida.  I think she went to Bagatelle and then went back to her room alone and watched tv.  I've never liked her but I think she was genuinely and hugely hurt by Mario's behaviour.  And now she's dancing as hard as she can to keep up.  I just wish she wouldn't dress like she did on the Reunion.  That black number was too tight and too short and too low-cut and she kept tugging at it which made it worse.

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, quaintirene said:

Well I think it's whether one likes the Ho'Wife or not.  I like Bethenny because she's funny and works hard and I do believe that at least some of her schtick is genuine.  That having been said, I really don't care if LuAnn pulls a married guy on vacation and I really don't care overly much that she's marrying a guy who sounds like a complete asshole/famewhore.  She says he's her soulmate and I think she's right...  The one I feel really sorry for is Ramona.  She's 59 (at least) and out there on the singles scene.  My bet is that guys aren't banging down her door unless they want to get on tv and I'm not buying her dishevelled appearance and smug grin in Florida.  I think she went to Bagatelle and then went back to her room alone and watched tv.  I've never liked her but I think she was genuinely and hugely hurt by Mario's behaviour.  And now she's dancing as hard as she can to keep up.  I just wish she wouldn't dress like she did on the Reunion.  That black number was too tight and too short and too low-cut and she kept tugging at it which made it worse.

Guys aren't banging down Ramona's door because she is an awful person.  She is so self-absorbed, not very bright, mean, spiteful, dishonest and tries to sell something that is just not there.  She vets guest lists?  Who want to be around someone like her?  Her hobbies are eating, drinking and gossiping.  The first two hobbies are catching up with her, as she is becoming quite round.  She looks for values in men she simply does not possess warm. sensitive, giving, integrity, generosity.

Ramona refused to see Mario's behavior and it was painfully obvious once their daughter went away he would exiting as well.   I did feel for her when her marriage ended but I didn't think it was the ultimate marriage like she tries to sell.  Shallow.  It was always about Mario's looks and athletic prowess. 

The last stunt she played pretending to know something about Tom was reprehensible.  So typical of Ramona to create gossip for more camera time.   Bad acting job and shame on Bravo for all the build up.

Between the macramé and the various see thru numbers, bad extensions big new boobs, she needs a makeover. Ramona has made herself into a cartoon.

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Between the macramé and the various see thru numbers, bad extensions big new boobs, she needs a makeover. Ramona has made herself into a cartoon.

I agree with what you say about Ramona but I still feel sorry for her!

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, quaintirene said:

I agree with what you say about Ramona but I still feel sorry for her!

I do but mainly because what she had going for her was her own business and I think she got very complacent about her business being on the RH, closed her business, her marriage collapsed and she lost a two big parts of her identity  Every business deal since has been lackluster, and she thought she would always have Mario to lord over the others lean on and he really humiliated her.  I can see why she thinks she needs someone who is sensitive, because Mario was one of the most insensitive people on the planet.

• Love 7
On 9/16/2016 at 2:54 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

I'm not sure why Luann's flaws should be judged relative to those of Bethenny. It's not an either/or proposition and only one of them can be found to be imperfect.  They both are.  

I mean, sure Bethenny may be a jerk.  But that doesn't make Luann not one. 

4 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

I just don't think their brands of "imperfection" are equal.

Lu, not everyone's cup of tea. Flawed and at times, self serving (pretty much on the spectrum of the average self absorbed Joe that annoys this one but not that one). 

Beth???? Heinous, nasty and destructive. No rhyme or reason or regret. You need to be on guard at all times.

When I weigh the two I don't see how Beth's treatment of her is somehow A OK just because Lu doesn't handle prying eyes and intruders into her life well. She denies cause she just doesn't think it's necessary to cut that deep into someone's world even on a reality show.

Lu's someone to avoid at most for some.

Beth's someone that will leave a horses head in your bed and make sure the camera's there to film it.

Now, Something I find funny. Lu gets flack for "being a liar" when for the most part the inconsistencies we see are about personal details of her life.

Even if she is caught lying, SO? It's being treated as if she's lied about things of actual consequence OR to the people that are directly affected by the lie. It's about HER life. So what if she wants to backtrack a bit about her and the Count. SO? Lu's pretty consistent with regards to her flailing about with her claims when it surrounds her life. Got it. She's not comfortable divulging ALL her secrets. What I don't get is the lack of understanding for why she does this. It seems pretty clear to me. There are certain things she would not want as fodder for the show. Whether it's a realistic goal is a whole other animal but Lu being painted as this huge lying liar who lies just because she's not big on having certain aspects of her personal life dissected or brought to light.... I mean cause that's the bulk of her pearl clutching lies. Things that surround HER for the most part. So this absolute outrage, especially by Beth about how Lu isn't running around with a sandwich board on listing all of her sins and ringing a bell announcing/confirming all of her deep dark secrets completely baffles me.

I don't think anyone was suggesting that Lu and Beth's "brands of imperfections" are equal.  But your post did just illustrated the point I was trying to make perfectly.

Responding to the discussion about Luanne being a stealthy, phony liar with a point by point comparison emphasizing how much worse Bethenny is in those same respects suggests that how the two women stack up against each other in terms of "awfulness" is an important consideration.  But to me it isn't.  I think it's irrelevant.

It just feels like an attempt to clear Luann's name by smearing Bethenny's but it doesn't work.  Emphasizing that Bethenny is flawed doesn't do one thing to vitiate the criticism of the countess.  Arguing Bethenny's schemes and plots are waged with more effectiveness doesn't erase the fact that Luann is guilty of her own manipulations and machinations, however transparent or feckless they might have been.  The suggestion that Luann's lies are spontaneous and that makes them forgivable while Bethenny's better though-out misrepresentations are inexcusable is just giving Luann the benefit of a double standard (one could easily take every argument about how Luann's lies are okay because they pertain to her private life which she doesn't want used as show fodder and apply them to the lies Bethenny has been telling about her private life that she doesn't want used as show fodder).  The fact that Bethenny gets in people's face and uses horrible language is, I acknowledge, a lot uglier than the way Luann goes about inflicting her little jabs.  But it doesn't mean that people can't still find Luann's behavior objectionable. 

Shoegirl said it best a few pages back - I wish I could find her post.  To paraphrase, she compared discussion of these women here to the current political trend of people on TV responding to a question or criticism about "their" candidate with a barrage of attacks on the other candidate.  Ask where Candidate A's taxes are and all you hear in response is people shouting about Candidate B's missing emails. But those things are separate issues.  Just like Bethenny and Luann are separate housewives.  They don't cancel each other out, and the behavior of one doesn't trump the other and make discussion of it unreasonable.

heh, see what I did there?  "trump" hehe

I will show myself out now.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 15

I guess my point is what "clearing of Lu's name" is necessary?

She's been "caught" being inconsistent about things in HER life.

AND?

That's doesn't need clearing. It is what it is. Getting some clear story from Lu really doesn't affect anything in anyone's life except that people can lord certain things over her.  That's all it's ever been about. The only point to any of it is to cause Lu discomfort, hurt and humiliation. I just don't understand that equation. There's no logic to it and absolutely no justifiable reason to go in this hard on a person who is "lying" about her own life in ways that doesn't affect any of these women. Not to mention half the accusations are bullshit to begin with or are a messy result of someone coming for Lu.

I just think that a person having personality traits that grate come with life. I don't condone this being some hard core reason to go after someone. It's ludicrous. Inexcusable to the umpteenth degree and yet these women take it in stride as some right they have cause "it's a reality show" or "she bothers my delicate sensitivities". That's why Beth and Carole BUG so much. It's a free country and the same way Carole can be a condescending bitch who thinks she's smarter than the smartest smarty in the world and Beth can run around and emotionally, verbally hell even visually rape the masses with her "truth wielding" self (oh such a noble cause) then by the same note Lu can be her self appreciative less than honest about HER business raspy voiced delusional and sexually free self.

It's the dispensing of punishments that stand out for me and makes me want to slap a bitch. Hey go ahead, gossip, side eye, take a dig. Have it out once in awhile. That's the dirt that does bring in the ratings but the deep cuts? The evisceration? Really? That's acceptable? My point has always been. Since when have we seen Lu come out just for sheer revenge? When has she really gone for blood? I don't mean petty cat fights where there was a two sided conflict. I'm talking about Lu going after, Let's say, Sonja by creating a vile environment for her to manuver through because she's still peeved about Sonja not correcting her employee about the stuff she was saying referring to Jacques. There's just no comparison is where I stand. There's no logic I can find that can make any of it enjoyable. Scary tho, it's exactly that for some. 

To me Beth going on and on about how terrible it is for her integrity to be questioned all the while being this heinous, heinous person stands out for sure. Does it make Lu a saint? No. But I never thought Beth's terrible terrible ability at being a human being was something to be used as vindication for Lu and her sloppy ways.  It's just such a stark contrast that, to me, doesn't seem to be noted as much as I think it should.

I challenge the idea that Lu is even in a category of "villain" at all. Her offenses are petty, superficial, ego related at most. Lies that only pertain to her life and have no affect on the women, to me, don't even rate. That's like me being mad a someone who claims to have real breasts when in reality they've had them done. Or someone swearing up and down that their natural hair color is red or lying about their age. I could give two shits if people want to live in that sort of denial or present themselves as something less than genuine. A villain that does not make. If you're not coming for me then go on boo boo. What do I care?

I question Beth's outrage at Lu for stupid reasons. The only valid bone she has was at the reunion when Lu stupidly decided to counter attack and failed miserably and that wasn't even that big a deal cause what she said was for the most part true and the rest that wasn't "confirmed" comes with a big question mark and side eye depending on who you are so that wasn't even such a big fucking deal either. I for one believe Beth and her boy started that romance inappropriately. Point blank and at the very least there is a STRONG possibility it is true.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 9

But honestly I don't think anything these women do is 'real'.  It's all drama all the time and all for airtime on the show.  Bethenny is 'outraged' at LuAnn's behaviour because it means the camera stays on her while she rips LuAnn a new one.  LuAnn is 'outraged' that Sonja and Ramona both claim to have dated Tom when the truth is that he banged Sonja once or twice when he had nothing and no one better to do, and he wrote a heart on Ramona's palm one time when he may have thought she had more money than she had.  LuAnn's 'outrage' is in my opinion just as phony as Bethenny's and done for the same reason.  

I wouldn't want to be friendly with any of these harpies.  I don't think there is a moral high ground here that any of them can occupy.  But that's ok.  I don't watch the show to see normal friendly responsible thoughtful women.  I watch it for all the out-there craziness.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

To me Beth going on and on about how terrible it is for her integrity to be questioned all the while being this heinous, heinous person stands out for sure. Does it make Lu a saint? No. But I never thought Beth's terrible terrible ability at being a human being was something to be used as vindication for Lu and her sloppy ways.  It's just such a stark contrast that, to me, doesn't seem to be noted as much as I think it should.

Virtually every page in this thread - and many others here - are FILLED with nothing but the most negative, nasty comments about Bethenny Frankel and what a disgusting piece of garbage she is.  Most of the comments about Luann are praising and defending her.  

Your assertion that the difference between the two women is something that has gone insufficiently noted is ... perplexing, to put it mildly. 

8 minutes ago, quaintirene said:

I don't think there is a moral high ground here that any of them can occupy.  But that's ok.  I don't watch the show to see normal friendly responsible thoughtful women.  I watch it for all the out-there craziness.

Anyone tuning into these shows expecting to see anything but outrageous displays of anger, dishonesty, hypocrisy, jealousy, manipulation and vindictiveness is going to be disappointed.  It's what The Real Housewives are all about.  I'm not saying that's a good thing, but it's the truth. 

From calling each other filthy names to icing people out of scenes to setting each other up for embarrassing onscreen revelations, it's all standard operating procedure on these shows.  But despite how many people seem to believe it, Bethenny Frankel didn't invent the recipe.  She just perfected it, lol. It's why she's the biggest star any of the franchises have ever produced.  A lot of hate comes along with that. But I think Bethey is okay with that.  She has several million dollar bills to dry her tears with and that makes all the insults hurled at her much easier to ignore.

• Love 11
33 minutes ago, quaintirene said:

But honestly I don't think anything these women do is 'real'.

Not Betheliar!  Everything she says is soooooooo "brutally honest", right?  Brutally honest, brutally honest, brutally honest, brutally honest . . .  those 2 widdle words will ALWAYS come back to haunt ya, Betheliar!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I don't think anyone was suggesting that Lu and Beth's "brands of imperfections" are equal.  But your post did just illustrated the point I was trying to make perfectly.

Responding to the discussion about Luanne being a stealthy, phony liar with a point by point comparison emphasizing how much worse Bethenny is in those same respects suggests that how the two women stack up against each other in terms of "awfulness" is an important consideration.  But to me it isn't.  I think it's irrelevant.

It just feels like an attempt to clear Luann's name by smearing Bethenny's but it doesn't work.  Emphasizing that Bethenny is flawed doesn't do one thing to vitiate the criticism of the countess.  Arguing Bethenny's schemes and plots are waged with more effectiveness doesn't erase the fact that Luann is guilty of her own manipulations and machinations, however transparent or feckless they might have been.  The suggestion that Luann's lies are spontaneous and that makes them forgivable while Bethenny's better though-out misrepresentations are inexcusable is just giving Luann the benefit of a double standard (one could easily take every argument about how Luann's lies are okay because they pertain to her private life which she doesn't want used as show fodder and apply them to the lies Bethenny has been telling about her private life that she doesn't want used as show fodder).  The fact that Bethenny gets in people's face and uses horrible language is, I acknowledge, a lot uglier than the way Luann goes about inflicting her little jabs.  But it doesn't mean that people can't still find Luann's behavior objectionable. 

Shoegirl said it best a few pages back - I wish I could find her post.  To paraphrase, she compared discussion of these women here to the current political trend of people on TV responding to a question or criticism about "their" candidate with a barrage of attacks on the other candidate.  Ask where Candidate A's taxes are and all you hear in response is people shouting about Candidate B's missing emails. But those things are separate issues.  Just like Bethenny and Luann are separate housewives.  They don't cancel each other out, and the behavior of one doesn't trump the other and make discussion of it unreasonable.

heh, see what I did there?  "trump" hehe

I will show myself out now.

The thing I find objectionable about Luann's behavior is she doesn't really seem to want to engage in a conversation.  She will state what is going on with her, or ask a question that is designed to bring the conversation around to her.  I don't think she is the only one who shares that quality.  According to Carole's various blogs none of these women ever ask about her.  I also think she does not always remember and instead of saying the same, she contradicts herself.  I don't find her plotting or malicious, just not good in a conversation.  When Bethenny wanted to discuss her bleeding vagina, Luann was all about the trip. Luann had little interest in learning of Bethenny's bleeding vagina and wanted to stay focused on the show issue that involved her. 

I agree about likening the political discussions to RH battles.  There is no shortage of deflection.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Guys aren't banging down Ramona's door because she is an awful person.  She is so self-absorbed, not very bright, mean, spiteful, dishonest and tries to sell something that is just not there.  She vets guest lists?  Who want to be around someone like her?  Her hobbies are eating, drinking and gossiping.  The first two hobbies are catching up with her, as she is becoming quite round.  She looks for values in men she simply does not possess warm. sensitive, giving, integrity, generosity.

Ramona refused to see Mario's behavior and it was painfully obvious once their daughter went away he would exiting as well.   I did feel for her when her marriage ended but I didn't think it was the ultimate marriage like she tries to sell.  Shallow.  It was always about Mario's looks and athletic prowess. 

The last stunt she played pretending to know something about Tom was reprehensible.  So typical of Ramona to create gossip for more camera time.   Bad acting job and shame on Bravo for all the build up.

Spot on.  Ramona seems to be totally unaware of her faults which have nothing to do with her looks really.  Ever since the show started she's been over the top mean to others, like spectacularly cruel to Jill and Bethenney in particular and multitudes of others.  Instead of soul searching and accepting that she needed to change her behaviour towards others in some significant way after Mario, she went out and got giant fun bags and copious amounts of long fake Barbi hair.  Ramona's too old to be Barbi so she ends up looking ridiculous not more attractive.  I think (rich) men that prioritize giant fake boobs and blond hair are going to go for the younger model, not the 60 year old retread.  I would feel sorry for Ramona if she would try to be a better person even just a little but she seems to be going in the opposite direction as usual.

13 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

From calling each other filthy names to icing people out of scenes to setting each other up for embarrassing onscreen revelations, it's all standard operating procedure on these shows.  But despite how many people seem to believe it, Bethenny Frankel didn't invent the recipe.  She just perfected it, lol. It's why she's the biggest star any of the franchises have ever produced.  A lot of hate comes along with that. But I think Bethey is okay with that.  She has several million dollar bills to dry her tears with and that makes all the insults hurled at her much easier to ignore.

I wouldn't say she's the biggest star the franchises have produced.  She's up there in terms of wealth and notoriety but there are also big names like Lisa Vanderpump, Teresa Giudice, Kyle Richards, Nene Leakes etc.  Women that are far less polarizing than Bethenney with families that love them and in most cases also millions of dollars.  I don't think Bethenney has perfected anything she's still very much a work in progress imo.

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

She just perfected it, lol. It's why she's the biggest star any of the franchises have ever produced.  A lot of hate comes along with that. But I think Bethey is okay with that.  She has several million dollar bills to dry her tears with and that makes all the insults hurled at her much easier to ignore.

I agree.  She is no doubt crying all the way to the bank.  Good luck to her!  She is probably the most successful Ho'Wife in the bunch.  

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, zulualpha said:

I wouldn't say she's the biggest star the franchises have produced.  She's up there in terms of wealth and notoriety but there are also big names like Lisa Vanderpump, Teresa Giudice, Kyle Richards, Nene Leakes etc.  Women that are far less polarizing than Bethenney with families that love them and in most cases also millions of dollars.  I don't think Bethenney has perfected anything she's still very much a work in progress imo.

Those are some *big* names in the world of Bravo, but I am not sure anyone outside of people who watch The Real Housewives would know who Lisa Vanderpump or Kyle Richards is.  That is also possible true about Nene to an extent, although she has made her way down other entertainment paths so she does deserve credit for that. Poor dumb Teresa is possibly better known than Bethenny, but that is more likely due to her infamous financial doings than because she made such a big splash as a housewife.  

But Bethenny took her stint on this show and parlayed it into a huge business, her own show(s) and several successful books.  I think she is known by people who would never dream of sitting through an hour of one of these shit shows.  I am not sure you can say that about too many other Real Housewives (aside from people like Lisa Rinna or someone who was already a well-known star when they joined their cast). 

As far as having perfected something, I was referring to doing a fabulous job of grabbing attention as a housewife.  I certainly would never accuse Bethenny of being a perfected human being, lol

35 minutes ago, quaintirene said:

I agree.  She is no doubt crying all the way to the bank.  Good luck to her!  She is probably the most successful Ho'Wife in the bunch.  

I would say so.  Some of the other housewives may have more money than her (LVP? Kyle? maybe?).  But every penny Bethenny earned can be attributed to the business she started on the show.  She had no pre-existing successful business or wealthy husband. Every penny she has she earned herself.  I don't think it can be disputed that she has made more of her time on the show than anyone else has on any franchise. Of course that doesn't mean that someone won't immediately dispute it, lol.  Because no compliment to Bethenny must be allowed to go unchallenged, ha

• Love 4
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

The thing I find objectionable about Luann's behavior is she doesn't really seem to want to engage in a conversation.  She will state what is going on with her, or ask a question that is designed to bring the conversation around to her.  I don't think she is the only one who shares that quality.  According to Carole's various blogs none of these women ever ask about her.  I also think she does not always remember and instead of saying the same, she contradicts herself.  I don't find her plotting or malicious, just not good in a conversation.  When Bethenny wanted to discuss her bleeding vagina, Luann was all about the trip. Luann had little interest in learning of Bethenny's bleeding vagina and wanted to stay focused on the show issue that involved her. 

I agree about likening the political discussions to RH battles.  There is no shortage of deflection.

I have a terrible memory for this show, but didn't she mean tweet Carole a lot about her boyfriend? Called Carole a pedophile or some such. That's pretty mean.

Then she did get in the middle of Ramona's Beth and Jill reunion scheme -- said a few things, didn't pass on some information (or something?). That's plotting.

She went out of her way season one to be The Countess, with the etiquette tips and the decorum and her wonderful marriage to the Couuuunt, when it wasn't wonderful.  She was "fake". Some people are bothered by that kind of dishonesty; I'm guessing Bethenny is one of those.

• Love 6

Betheliar is very upset now with Satan Andy for daring to ask her about Dennis & to elaborate on her drug accusations.  Oh, how dare Satan Andy do that, eh?  Nobody is dared to question the Frankelstein monster.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/bethenny-frankel-andy-cohen-fight-after-real-housewives-new-york-city-reunion/

Everyone is supposed to live in the Frankelstein monster's asshole, right?  She may get a rude awakening when the head honchos of the parent company of Bravo, Universal/NBC, don't exactly follow Carole, Moaner & Sonja in doing that.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Betheliar is very upset now with Satan Andy for daring to ask her about Dennis & to elaborate on her drug accusations.  Oh, how dare Satan Andy do that, eh?  Nobody is dared to question the Frankelstein monster.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/bethenny-frankel-andy-cohen-fight-after-real-housewives-new-york-city-reunion/

Everyone is supposed to live in the Frankelstein monster's asshole, right?  She may get a rude awakening when the head honchos of the parent company of Bravo, Universal/NBC, don't exactly follow Carole, Moaner & Sonja in doing that.

IF she did quit the show and BRAVO sued her, she'd whine about getting 'robbed' if the she had to fight it in court and lost......

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Virtually every page in this thread - and many others here - are FILLED with nothing but the most negative, nasty comments about Bethenny Frankel and what a disgusting piece of garbage she is.  Most of the comments about Luann are praising and defending her.  

Your assertion that the difference between the two women is something that has gone insufficiently noted is ... perplexing, to put it mildly. 

Perplexing is one word to use.....shocking, incredible, and stunning are also ones that could be used. 

Literally, almost this entire season has been about how Lu is one thing and Beth is another. And to be clear, the thing that Beth is would not be a good thing. But Lu..... All the years prior - back when so many couldn't stand her - those years have all melted away and according to probably 95% of the posts around here, she is fantastic.

The thing is, the best thing that ever happened to Lu was for Beth to go crazy on her. Nothing makes a girl more popular on these shows than the appearance that someone has it out for them. 

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Perplexing is one word to use.....shocking, incredible, and stunning are also ones that could be used. 

Literally, almost this entire season has been about how Lu is one thing and Beth is another. And to be clear, the thing that Beth is would not be a good thing. But Lu..... All the years prior - back when so many couldn't stand her - those years have all melted away and according to probably 95% of the posts around here, she is fantastic.

The thing is, the best thing that ever happened to Lu was for Beth to go crazy on her. Nothing makes a girl more popular on these shows than the appearance that someone has it out for them. 

OK, I'll pull a Bethenny & ask anyone to find 1 comment which says Lu is "fantastic".  Good luck finding it.  Look, this ain't a hard one to explain -- I mean why the tide (here, at least) has mostly turned against Bethenny, and tipped far, far toward Lu.  Er, has Lu changed much?  I dare say not.  She's still a ridiculous & utterly pretentious phony-baloney snob.  And she's nasty as hell to boot.  But lately (and this season in particular, but probably for the last few seasons), we haven't seen much of her haughtiness that was so damn obnoxious in the past.  

And on the Bethenny side, all we see is her scary reign of terror -- the name-calling & rages & random, relentless nastiness to those who don't kiss up to her.  And that's puzzling -- who viewers would take to?  A scary, rage-filled, nasty, cruel, humorless Bethenny or a seemingly carefree. hot-to-trot Lu?  Shrugging hard, but I'll take Lu . . . for now anyway, rather than the currently monstrous Bethenny.  I'm not so thrilled with Lu, but I do like that she's got the courage to stand up to Bethenny.  It takes exceptional courage to stand up to her now.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 13

As someone noted, the Luann thread doesn't even garner that much traffic, and I haven't seen people "gushing" about Luann other than respecting how she handled Bethenny in the Berkshires and at the cocktail meet up/inviting herself on the trip. Also people have IMO rightly said that Luann is a grown ass single woman who can sleep with ALL of Manhattan if she wants to and NOT talk about it if she wants to be discreet without being a hypocritical whoreslutfuckdoll.  Also, when her fiancé cheated on her, she didn't deserve to have Bethenny take pleasure in telling people about it for three days before she told her about it - time stamps and all.

I think each of their behavior stands on its own.  Luann for gushing she's in love and being in denial and Bethenny for being a raging, camera-time control freak, ED-shaming, bleeding when convenient lunatic.

• Love 14
26 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

OK, I'll pull a Bethenny & ask anyone to find 1 comment which says Lu is "fantastic".  Good luck finding it.  

I only went as far back as Thursday.  Couldn't take any more than that.

There are references to Luann's truces and peace offerings, her restraint and discretion. Her awareness and conscientiousness. How she nips bad energy, bad juju and bad vibes in the bud. Her optimism and guilelessness. How she refuses to live with regrets and moves forward no! matter! what! 

The only thing missing was The Flight of the Valkyries playing in the background as a soundtrack and footage of Luann being awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor.

Good 'nuf fer ya? 

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

There are references to Luann's truces and peace offerings, her restraint and discretion. Her awareness and conscientiousness. How she nips bad energy, bad juju and bad vibes in the bud. Her optimism and guilelessness. How she refuses to live with regrets and moves forward no! matter! what! 

The only thing missing was The Flight of the Valkyries playing in the background as a soundtrack and footage of Luann being awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor.

Good 'nuf fer ya? 

But No Luann is "Fantastic"! LOL Luann is almost as bad as Bethenny but Bethenny gets so vulgar that she is offensive even when she is right or is on point and she has to beat whoever it is into submission no matter if she is right or wrong. And Bethenny lets go of nothing, not a single perceived slight she has ever imagined (real or not) and she keeps digging up the dead/buried horse to keep on beating it over and over again until many of us want to vomit! LOL

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

But No Luann is "Fantastic"! 

Everything but that. I guess that word isn't specific enough. People really like to pinpoint what exactly it is about Luann that they love. Almost as much as they enjoying particularizing the precise reasons they despise Bethenny. 

Where were you people when I needed help eviscerating Ramona a few years ago, that's what I want to know!  I could have used some help.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Everything but that. I guess that word isn't specific enough. People really like to pinpoint what exactly it is about Luann that they love. Almost as much as they enjoying particularizing the precise reasons they despise Bethenny. 

Where were you people when I needed help eviscerating Ramona a few years ago, that's what I want to know!  I could have used some help.

"Fantastic" was probabaly used around the time some were so impressed when she got her "before they were HW's" gig. To say people were impressed would be an understatement. 

I was around to eviscerate Ramona. She is still probably the worse to me, ironically for what she did to Lu's daughter. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I was around to eviscerate Ramona. She is still probably the worse to me, ironically for what she did to Lu's daughter. 

I couldn't stand her from the minute she met Simon, accused him of almost breaking her hand when he shook it and then asked the room in general, "Why is he here? This is girl's night out."   Rude, thy name is Ramona.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Good 'nuf fer ya? 

I've NEVER seen "fantastic" used here to describe ANY of these broads.  Still, like I said above, I'll take the fuckdoll anyday over scary/angry/bitter monster Bethenny, as she is now on the show, thanks.  Jeez, I know soooo many tough New York gals who could clean Bethenny's clock so freakin' easily, it makes me think about protected she is, by them not hiring someone who could go face-to-face with her way better than Lu has.  But Lu is there & at least she's holding her ground & is not afraid to go against her.  She gets credit from me for that.  

Bethenny has humiliated Carole several times on cam & yet Carole cowered in fear of saying anything back to monster Bethenny.  Carole isn't just up her ass.  She's seriously terrified of her.  Everyone on the show is now terrified of her -- except for Lu.  I don't like Lu.  She sure as shit hasn't been "fantastic" in the past.  But you know what?  If she stays on the show & keeps going against the monster that is now Bethenny, she'll get my support.  But I'll never call her "fantastic" -- and I doubt anyone else would.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I was right there beside you! LOL I have never cared for Ramona, ever! LOL

• Love 8