Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E02: Comeback Girls

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

26 minutes ago, McGee43 said:

I just wonder if the girl on the left got the same treatment as Kat did.  Maybe her hair hid the cut-outs so it wasn't an issue?

2016-09-02.jpg

Oh wow. Yes. THAT is an inappropriate interview dress. I don't think the lime green dress is either, but the white bandage dress. Wow. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

Isn't Emily V in the neon? I thought I saw a pic of her from that day wearing a bright green...could be wrong. 

Doesn't look tan enough to be Emily.   My guess for the girl in the bandage dress is Tess?

2 hours ago, JC123 said:

If it was me, I would have said something along the lines of great question but I don't think this is the time or place to discuss politics.. Is there anything else you'd like to ask me instead? Politics causes too much division - whether she said we are building a wall to keep all the drug lord mexicos out, or Trump is a lunatic with shit hair she would have been crucified! 

These women are trained to say "yes, ma'am" for everything....your feet are ugly "yes, ma'am" your clunky "yes, ma'am", your heav "yes, ma'am".  They are not trained to tell the interview board their own opinions.  She was probably expecting the "what's your favorite book" question.  I believe Kat picked the dress for color.  The cheerleaders do not dress appropriately all the time....have you seen them at weddings?!  At a real life interview, the topic of your dress would not come up. Afterwards, maybe it is discussed amongst the panel, but not attacked during the interview.  I wish these girls would say, "I hear what your saying, but I disagree because..." 

• Love 2

What is so strange to me about the Kat situation is that she is already a DCC. Perhaps it was said and cut, but it seems like it would've been easy enough for Kelli to say, "Kat has been on multiple appearances this year, and she has always represented us well. That interview was out of character for her." I just don't get why they act like they don't have a body of work to look at for the vets. 

With that said, I imagine that Kat's dancing was a much bigger topic of discussion than what we saw, and the show focused on the dress issue bc it was more dramatic. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

I'm pretty sure one of the insiders mentioned she was the very last person called this year :-/ 

Do they still sit them in order of scoring at the meeting?  The meeting where they go over rules etc.. I remember one time Kelli stated she was upset to see a vet in the first row because those were the last to make it into training camp. 

11 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I guess it just looked similar to this one: 

Wow!  They are both gorgeous in this pic!  So proud of Danielle for coming back for a 5th year.  I wish Kelsey Bond would have stayed another year.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, lovelyritamm said:

I really thought Kat's treatment by Brenda was distasteful. Why not just come out and say that you think her dress is inappropriate instead of asking her a question to trap her?  I thought that was really mean.  Clearly Kat didn't know she was walking into a trap when she was asked how she would dress for a kindergarten visit. And while sure, a dress with side cutouts might be inappropriate for a regular job interview, this is the DCC.  None of the women were in suits, they were all in dresses, and they are auditioning for a job in which they regularly appear in super short hot pants and stomach-bearing outfits with their boobs purposefully pushed up.  So it felt kind of hypocritical to slut-shame Kat for that dress when she routinely wears way less on the job.  That dress wasn't super-revealing, and when she was sitting, you couldn't even see the cut-outs.  Also, were Kat to appear at a kindergarten, there may be children there who have been to a game and (gasp) seen Kat in her skimpy uniform. 

There's just something weird about being puritanical about a dress that wasn't super revealing, from an organization who dresses their cheerleaders the way they do. I highly doubt Kat would be inappropriate with kids if she did an appearance with them.  I felt absolutely terrible for her to be called out the way she was - no wonder she shut down for the rest of the interview. I would have too.

If her dress was truly not appropriate, there are less cruel ways of telling her that.

I know Kitty has a reputation for being direct/mean. And I know Kelli and Judy are strict and have critical eyes. This just felt cruel, and then to say Kat was disinterested in the interview? I'm sure she was mortified and trying not to cry.   I was glad Kelli spoke up about it. I really hope the dress wasn't why she was cut, or for her "disinterest," when clearly being a DCC was something she loved being.  If her dancing was not up to par, that is one thing, but the show made it look like the dress and interview was why she was cut. Brenda's setting her up like that really put a bad taste in my mouth.

I totally agree. Both me and my husband were shocked about her comments on kats dress. Although it wasn't very cute, inappropriate? No. Something was fishy about it. Almost seemed like they knew they didn't want her back so they were reaching for reasons. strange

Off topic but is anyone else having issues with spammy stuff on this site? I keep gettingg redirected to some sketchy stuff that I can't click out of 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Exactly. There's no good answer to that question for Caila regarding Jay's question.

There are certainly bad answers though - if a DCC said they agree with building a wall to keep Mexicans out because they hate Mexicans I would certainly think they're racist. If I was a judge, and a DCC said something that promoted hate/intolerance/etc, it would make me immediately give them a no regardless of their dance skills. As for this question not being appropriate, I disagree  – what if a fan or someone else asks them this, given this is such a hot topic in the world?

Also, I think Caila's answer (or lack thereof) was as bad as the girl who didn't know what the two political parties were a few seasons ago. Or the girl who thought Michelle Obama was the Democratic nominee in 2012. It's not like the judges were trying to trick them with these questions, because they're not asking them to know everything, just the basic facts. If you can't answer those questions, why should you deserve to be on the squad?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I have no issue with Brenda's question. Jay, however, specifically asked where she came down on the issue. I have a problem with that.

Exactly. Especially because frankly I think the more polished and enlightened answer to that question may not be the same as a Cowboys fan who she runs into at a gas station meet and greet.

23 minutes ago, sunwave said:

There are certainly bad answers though - if a DCC said they agree with building a wall to keep Mexicans out because they hate Mexicans I would certainly think they're racist. If I was a judge, and a DCC said something that promoted hate/intolerance/etc, it would make me immediately give them a no regardless of their dance skills. As for this question not being appropriate, I disagree  – what if a fan or someone else asks them this, given this is such a hot topic in the world?

Also, I think Caila's answer (or lack thereof) was as bad as the girl who didn't know what the two political parties were a few seasons ago. Or the girl who thought Michelle Obama was the Democratic nominee in 2012. It's not like the judges were trying to trick them with these questions, because they're not asking them to know everything, just the basic facts. If you can't answer those questions, why should you deserve to be on the squad?

I don't disagree with you, but my guess is some of those judges and certainly many Cowboys fans are a-ok with a wall.  As clear cut as most rational people think the issue is, I am not so sure the people she was answering would agree. 

• Love 2

In Season Three, Nicole Hamilton was called out for flunking the test, and Erika Jenkins was called out for what she wore during her solo (possibly trying to hide weight gain.) In Season four, I believe Justine Phillips, Melissa Kellerman and Amy Reese were low scoring vets.

3 hours ago, GAgirl said:

That was Stephanie! And it did. I'd be interested in seeing her dance, seems hip hop is more her style

That was the same outfit she auditioned in last year. She was a Milwaukee Bucks dancer for a few seasons.

• Love 1

If we are going to get into what is appropriate in an interview, asking someone political questions certainly is not. Everyone blurs the lines here.

1 minute ago, WichitaStateShock said:

I'm starting to think a lot of these "come back" girls are getting in simply because not many new people are trying out. Who wants to be on reality tv? Not most people.

At this point I think we all agree the fill training camp with girls who won't make the squad. I think they decided this year the theme was "come back". It gave them a nice neat plot line.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

I know Jenn K is the unofficial spokeswoman. I know CMT feeds them lines, and I know they regurgitate the same DCC talking points. And I know people love her. But she seriously just sounds like such an insincere know it all every single time production puts her in that position. 

This.

I am one of the few on the board who is NOT a fan.  Blech.  The only time I liked her is when she was teaching the rookies for the second night of training camp. At least she sounded human when she was telling the girls her weaknesses.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

This.

I am one of the few on the board who is NOT a fan.  Blech.  The only time I liked her is when she was teaching the rookies for the second night of training camp. At least she sounded human when she was telling the girls her weaknesses.

Agreed. I'm not a fan either. The only time I like her is in her solo at final auditions lol.

9 minutes ago, GussieK said:

Can someone explain why they were all wearing blue uniforms during tryouts.  Why werent newbies wearing pink?

They all wear blue in finals. I would imagine that it is easier to assess them when they are all dressed the same.

They don't do pink and blue till training camp.

• Love 1

I love everyone’s thoughts. Here are mine:

- Kat’s dress wasn’t that bad

- Jay’s Trump question was not out of line.  One cannot read or watch anything without another Trump can-you-believe-what-he-just-said recap.  The fact that Cailia didn’t know what Jay was talking about is pretty embarrassing for her. We've all heard, ad nauseum, that the cheerleaders need to keep up on current events.

- Cailia needs to stop with the full length black workout pants.  They make her look heavier than she is. I am sorry that she didn’t make it back though.

- I kind of wish Jenna Allison did make it to training camp.  She was an okay cheerleader her rookie year.  For her to come back would make me sit up and take her more seriously than when she first tried out.

- I think Tasha is scary looking.  If she looks like this at 25, how is she going to look when she is 60?

- Glad to see vets learning the choreography.

- I wish they would show us the girls taking the tests/test results.  I have a copy, somewhere, of the cheerleader test the Cowboy players took once.  Most of them failed.

Waving to all!!!! 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, McGee43 said:

I just wonder if the girl on the left got the same treatment as Kat did.  Maybe her hair hid the cut-outs so it wasn't an issue?

2016-09-02.jpg

That's who I point out in my earlier post along with back cutouts with Auto Amy.  I think the problem with Kat's was that it was so baggy it was not flattering and showed more skin than necessary.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, sunwave said:

There are certainly bad answers though

I think I would have told them what Trump wants to do and just answer that question. If Jay came back and asked me how I feel about it, I would tell him my opinion, emphasizing that Trump’s decision to build the wall comes from his racism. Answer like you would a pageant question.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 2

Finally watched the episode!! Loved it. I freakin love Kristi Scales and how she seems to be the one rooting for the underdog and all vets. Yeah the judge Brenda.. whoa. I wonder what Kat ever did to her! haha. Personally I don't see how Kat made it onto the team in the first place but it's not nice to see a vet cut. Poor Caila. I love Megan but yeah she needs to stop wearing her grandma's aprons for solos. 

CMT.. please show everyone getting called into training camp. Just quick shots, it wouldn't take much longer!!

• Love 9

Did Amy really try out for 5 years in a row? I only remember her being featured for the last 3. She must have been in the background or not shown for the other two. When she walked up after being called it almost seemed like a Vivian moment. JMHO.

19 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Kristi Scales picking up the pom poms in front of her when Kelli asked about Madeline.  How funny was that?????

Loved that plus Candice doing her Kelli impression. "More Style".

• Love 19
20 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Kristi Scales picking up the pom poms in front of her when Kelli asked about Madeline.  How funny was that?????

That was awesome. I always like Kristi in the deliberation segments but I LOVED seeing her get more air time this year.

The judges deliberation segment was one of my favorite parts of the episode. Both for Kristi and Candace's Kelli impression. That was FANTASTIC. Can we keep her?

• Love 11
22 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I actually think Jay's question about the wall was borderline inappropriate. Asking what they think about the wall. Can we just leave political opinions out of this? Caila bombed because I don't think she had a clue what he was talking about, but I detest making interviews political. 

Kat looked terrible. Too skinny, too tan, bad makeup. 

Yes, I thought DCC's were not supposed to give opinions on controversial things.  His question on her feelings about the wall should not have been allowed.  I was shocked when he asked that!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I'm sick about Royesha. I would have given seven Auto Amys for one Royesha.

Also, did yall hear Auto Amy call Kelli "girl" in the interview?! Interaction with potential employers in an interview should be friendly, not familiar. And I don't think it's ever appropriate to call Kelli "girl". Ugh. Uncomfortable.

I loved Royesha!  I thought she was SO beautiful.  I missed it when auto Amy called Kelly "girl".  I will have to rewatch it.  I can't believe she did that- SO inappropriate!  I am surprised Kelly did not cut her right then- I would not have blamed her.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, JayDKay said:

Finally watched the episode!! Loved it. I freakin love Kristi Scales and how she seems to be the one rooting for the underdog and all vets. Yeah the judge Brenda.. whoa. I wonder what Kat ever did to her! haha. Personally I don't see how Kat made it onto the team in the first place but it's not nice to see a vet cut. Poor Caila. I love Megan but yeah she needs to stop wearing her grandma's aprons for solos. 

CMT.. please show everyone getting called into training camp. Just quick shots, it wouldn't take much longer!!

I love Kristi too.  She is SO sweet and seems really down to earth.

13 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Hey cmt if you're reading... Replace Brenda Teele with a real VIP judge. She sucks.

She is MEAN!

• Love 1

I'm not a massive Kat fan but I feel SO bad for her after watching this episode. She was truly so proud of the organization and very grateful for her experience. I do think she is handling not making the team with a lot of grace and she is setting a good example. She'll be back. I just hope she spends the year with Kitty to beef up her performance technique. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

I'm not a massive Kat fan but I feel SO bad for her after watching this episode. She was truly so proud of the organization and very grateful for her experience. I do think she is handling not making the team with a lot of grace and she is setting a good example. She'll be back. I just hope she spends the year with Kitty to beef up her performance technique. 

Kitty should tell her to eat a sandwich like she did with Colby. 

15 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Agreed on Jay's question. I was fine with Brenda's question, as Caila should know the most basic policy points/talking points of the 2 presidential candidates. I assume one has to live under a rock or never ever watch or read the news to miss that trump wants to build a wall. However, to ask her opinion on politics is inappropriate. One of my unspoken rules is to never talk politics at work. Part of the reason for me is that most of my coworkers are conservative and I'm the total opposite, but even if I wasn't, I think I would still steer clear of that topic. You never know how people will take it.

Since our beloved DCC are presumably as close to "perfect" as possible,  they obviously KNOW which of the 3 cardinal rules of polite conversation to NEVER bring up; politics, money and religion...duh!

• Love 3

Aw, I really liked Royesha. She seemed sweet, poised and was so positive. Speaking of positive, I think if it were up to Kristi Scales they'd all make it. Although she does make astute observations, too. Aaaand on another positive note, judging from the number of girls who ran up to hug Holly P. when their names were called I'm guessing she's well liked.

• Love 13

The whole Brenda-Kat incident reminded me of Charlotte vs. Ann Lux.  Was there something pre-existing that caused Brenda to be so harsh with her? It couldn't really be all about the outift? I could really sense her dislike for the girl during deliberations. Back to the outfit---I'm glad the one poster put up that particular picture of Kat in the dress because while I was watching the episode, it was that exact moment I thought she wasn't wearing a bra if you can see what I mean.

I agree with others about liking Yuko better this episode. I got to see more of what she is like, but with the editing, I don't think she has lived up to Kelli's hype so far. (And I think it's weird how she makes a big deal about her because I don't ever recall her speaking about anyone else like that before). I want to see more of her dancing instead of snippets and slow motion. Otherwise I loved when she yelled, "I did it!" I thought it was really cute.

I was so disappointed not to see any of Simone's solo. She also looked like one of the last ones to be called into TC. At least with the editing, it looked like she was still sitting there when Kelli announced there were 5 names left.

Kelsey---wow! She looked great on the big screen during the dance portion. Jackie, the fan vote winner, looks just like DCC Jessica.

I love Candice Romo too! I'll just put this aside in here: I definitely like her and Tony as a couple ever since I read about them being criticized for having a "cheap" gift registry at Crate & Barrel and Macy's for their wedding when they are millionaires. It shows they are down to earth people. 

• Love 3

Note to self:  don't apply face treatments with acids and then go ugly cry to MTT watching Kyndall and Amy make training camp, and Caila get cut.  #ouchmyeyes

Candace Romo is fantastic - I hope she stays on permanently, she is hilarious and sweet.

And I love Kristi Scales forever for what a sweetheart she is rooting for the girls.

I don't feel as though the way Brenda tore into Kat was appropriate, but I loved her response to Kelsey rocking her interview question.

I'm really loving the new season - I wasn't sure about the first episode but this one was fantastic (although I wish there was more Kitty!)

Edited by raindancer
forgot to say how much I like Candace!!
  • Love 5

There was obviously more to it than just the dress. 

Her hair looked shit, her makeup was bad, the necklaces around the dress WTF?? Then when they did the side by side learning the choreo she was poor compared to the 2 next to her. Come to think of it, Every video I've ever seen of her dancing with the other DCCs she's not in the same league. I like Kat a lot.. I think she was really sweet but part of me wonders how she made the team in the first place. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Annette said:

Since our beloved DCC are presumably as close to "perfect" as possible,  they obviously KNOW which of the 3 cardinal rules of polite conversation to NEVER bring up; politics, money and religion...duh!

Maybe he was asking to see if he could trip her (which he did).  She could have pretended to know and said "politics is such a personal thing and I would prefer you ask me another question."   But maybe she didn't even realize it was political.  I think the questions are prepared in advance and can be used as a "test" to see if the candidates can stumble through a difficult situation and remain composed instead of looking lost.

• Love 4

1. Kat's dress was not any worse than half the girls. I would rate very few of them to be "business dress" if they were truly held to that standard. Kat looked positively demure compared to some. Brenda was completely out of line and it was very unfair to attack Kat like that. All the vets deserve to be supported to show their best side, and Kat sorely needed to show her strong ambassadorial qualities to have a chance.

2. It REALLY bugs me when solos are described as "this is when the girls get to show us what they're best at" - nek minnit, Kat doing what she's best at, rhythmic gymnastics, is rubbished?? It's a very unique talent that few can be accomplished at. Candidates have a chance to show off DCC style in the next portion of the process doing their DCC choreography so I don't see what the problem is with doing anything they want in their solo. 

2b. I adore Kat but I get why she was cut. She wasn't looking her best. Such a shame and she's looked great in dance videos since, posted to her Instagram. 

3. I agree with those above who've said that Jay's Wall question was not so much about inviting a political discussion as it was a chance to demonstrate diplomacy in responding gracefully to a hot topic. I've no doubt that DCC are schooled well in the art of tactfully negotiating tricky questions like that without giving anything away about their personal opinion; those moments would possibly come up a lot during appearances.

4. CMT I love you for producing such a fantastic episode! I like that we are seeing more flattering depictions of pretty much everyone, and we're getting some new angles on how things are shown. Please stretch out this episode and show us more solos next year!

5. I rolled my eyes about the psoriasis sob story. I can't believe that made the cut, it just wasn't very interesting! All power to the girl at the centre of that one, but surely there was more interesting stuff than that to show in this episode.

• Love 5

Lol!!!! Auto Amy seems to never get credit when its due.Her interviews are very polished. I spoke with Kelsey and a couple other girls. She helped so many candidates with interview.  She is extremely organized with a huge binder on just Cowboys knowledge. She never missed one football question over her years in interviews. They never show that. Even Charlotte was highly impressed. So were the other judges. And as usual editing showed her called last because she wasn't. Editing is brutal. I wish they would have shown Kelli Q and Auto Amy's solo. They were great!! It's funny to me they never show Amy's true dance skill or her winning moments in interview. Truly it's hard to judge because you never see the whole picture. She looked polished and amazing. It was her year! 

• Love 19
21 minutes ago, Dancemajor said:

Lol!!!! Auto Amy seems to never get credit when its due.Her interviews are very polished. I spoke with Kelsey and a couple other girls. She helped so many candidates with interview.  She is extremely organized with a huge binder on just Cowboys knowledge. She never missed one football question over her years in interviews. They never show that. Even Charlotte was highly impressed. So were the other judges. And as usual editing showed her called last because she wasn't. Editing is brutal. I wish they would have shown Kelli Q and Auto Amy's solo. They were great!! It's funny to me they never show Amy's true dance skill or her winning moments in interview. Truly it's hard to judge because you never see the whole picture. She looked polished and amazing. It was her year! 

I'm glad to hear you say this! Amy became a favorite of mine this year and I wish they'd give her the edit she deserved BUT of course this is the summer of comebacks and that was what they needed her for. As I mentioned before, she was NOT last called...a VET was. But that was not as dramatic lol Oh well. 

Edited by LaurenBrook
because i forget what thread i'm in half the time!!
  • Love 6