Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E02: Comeback Girls

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, heatherrrrz said:

Thoughts on Kat's dress: totally inappropriate for an interview. She's 30 she should know better that cut outs are never appropriate. 

Co-sign. Almost all the girls wear sleeveless dresses which is fine I guess for a DCC interview (I would never go sleeveless to a job interview myself)...but the cut-outs to me crossed the line. Am I total stick in the mud? Perhaps. But I just feel like you should always err on the side of more safe/conservative attire when it comes to a job interview. And it was a job interview. I also agree that by 30 you should have enough experience/wisdom to know what is appropriate and if it is questionable, don't wear it!

I'm loving Maggie representing us psoriasis girls. She is a doll...cute, spunky, and a great dancer. Loved Mandy too. Gorgeous and very well spoken.

• Love 9

I don't think her dress deserved the attack it received... That judge totally trashed her by leading into the elementary school visit and then going in for the kill. It's a stupid dress. You're not interviewing Hillary Clinton about Benghazi. 

• Love 13

I felt bad for Caila and Kat, even though I never really cared for either of them dance wise. Can someone please tell me why it seemed that they were keeping some top secret info about Caila??!!?? Like during deliberations the man judge (big guy) said something like we know what her problem is but everything else is great???

• Love 3
Just now, DCCFAN71 said:

I felt bad for Caila and Kat, even though I never really cared for either of them dance wise. Can someone please tell me why it seemed that they were keeping some top secret info about Caila??!!?? Like during deliberations the man judge (big guy) said something like we know what her problem is but everything else is great???

Well people have spotted her out drinking underage so that could be it?

10 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I actually think Jay's question about the wall was borderline inappropriate. Asking what they think about the wall. Can we just leave political opinions out of this? Caila bombed because I don't think she had a clue what he was talking about, but I detest making interviews political. 

Kat looked terrible. Too skinny, too tan, bad makeup. 

Agreed on Jay's question. I was fine with Brenda's question, as Caila should know the most basic policy points/talking points of the 2 presidential candidates. I assume one has to live under a rock or never ever watch or read the news to miss that trump wants to build a wall. However, to ask her opinion on politics is inappropriate. One of my unspoken rules is to never talk politics at work. Part of the reason for me is that most of my coworkers are conservative and I'm the total opposite, but even if I wasn't, I think I would still steer clear of that topic. You never know how people will take it.

• Love 7

on the topic of politics my work is sponsoring a debate watch night with an open bar and that could never be a good idea.

Politics should stay out of work, your opinion shouldn't be an interview question at all.

57 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I just think it's funny that after Kat and some others get blasted for inappropriate cut out dresses who wore cut out dresses to finals the next day? Charlotte's daughter...Kelli's daughter...yeah.  hahaha! 

But Belk gave those to them to wear, so that's A-OK.

• Love 3

I loved Madeline's  solo... She also managed to humanize Charlotte for me- she said she likes to make eye contact with Charlotte because she lights up. Charlotte seemed to really enjoy Madeline's solo, and I loved her drop the mike comment. I guess even Charlotte has her moments. ?

Madeline definitely didn't do it for me last week, but she won me over completely this week. Her body looks really great, and her dancing was awesome. 

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

So far, I like the quick solos at Kitty's studio.  It was definitely nice to see almost everyone, and it made Kitty look more tame.

Seeing the vets learn the choreography this year was a great added bonus.  I still think they were gunning for Kat. 

Yuko is just ok & I think Kelli knows she needs to make the team.

Megan looks to me a little heavy.  

Love Madeline again.  

Megan did look heavy. Also, how does she manage to get away with wearing an outfit that covers up her mid section and in every season prior any girl that dresses like that gets crucified!! She must be a K&J favorite!!

• Love 8

According to Brenda's LinkedIN (what I can see of it) she'a VP of a law firm.  She was a total bitch to Kat about her dress.

Was kind of surprised when Jenna Allison said she deserved a spot in TC.

Caila and Hunter had the same problem like Teri and Alyssa. Messed up their interviews. 

Why wasn't Kat's solo shown? They usually show solos of the ones who get cut.

• Love 2

They probably couldn't find any bad enough footage of Kats solo to spin it as a reason she was cut.  Kat has spectacular dance technique, so probably all they could have commented on was her doing Rythmic again and how a ribbon is boring - my bet is Kelli and Judy didn't want to go there, so they couldn't even get a single snide comment out of them to put w/ the footage.  They did manage to show the run in her stocking though.

I thought it was interesting how Kat was saying she was in shock and she is still thinking that they are gonna call her up tomorrow and say they made a mistake.   Guess CMT didn't get any crying footage from her - guess they had enough though w/ that interview attack she went through.   I wonder if she knew she was toast after the interview, especially if she was late too, and was prepared for the cut enough to not cry.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 6

Melissa looked heavy this year at finals. The 2 second shot showed her leaping in the air. She was much lower this year than in years past. She always got so much air in her leaps.I was surprised. Now I understand why she did not get a Barbie. And what was Megan wearing? It looked awful. It looked liked an oversized apron. Weird. 

I was sad not to see any of Kelli Q. routine. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Agreed on Jay's question. I was fine with Brenda's question, as Caila should know the most basic policy points/talking points of the 2 presidential candidates. I assume one has to live under a rock or never ever watch or read the news to miss that trump wants to build a wall. However, to ask her opinion on politics is inappropriate. One of my unspoken rules is to never talk politics at work. Part of the reason for me is that most of my coworkers are conservative and I'm the total opposite, but even if I wasn't, I think I would still steer clear of that topic. You never know how people will take it.

Exactly.  She was asked what Trumps idea was about the wall, or why he wanted a wall, and she couldn't respond.

DCCs are supposed to be diplomatic and presentable in all circumstances. While the bar is high, it expects more of its' candidates.   Not knowing about the wall is huge. It's everywhere. It is discussed frequently.  Even if your only contact with news is Facebook, it's there. Someone may bring it up to her at some time, and she really needs to be informed.    I was a bit surprised myself, and her response, or lack of it.

I think, and remember, it's just an IMHO, that perhaps they were looking for what kind of response a DCC would give if visiting or dining with someone , if asked that.  I know dance skills and kicks are important, but so is being diplomatic.  

Edited by Dopeydwarf
  • Love 7

A good episode, but I still say CMT should do a two hour finals episode.

I do not care for Tasha. She seems a little too phony for my taste. Love Kelsey, but I was a little worried when she did not answer her question right away. I am now putting Brenda the judge on my do not like her for a judge list. I personally would not have worn the dress Kat had on because I am older, soft in the middle, and  a lovely scar from an operation to save me and my left kidney after being hit by a car before my fourth birthday, but to attack Kat like that. Not appropriate! I love how Kelli was defending her during the judges decision time. Love Kitty and Phil.

4 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

I am wondering what the "correct" answer about the wall is for the crowd...

If it was me, I would have said something along the lines of great question but I don't think this is the time or place to discuss politics.. Is there anything else you'd like to ask me instead? Politics causes too much division - whether she said we are building a wall to keep all the drug lord mexicos out, or Trump is a lunatic with shit hair she would have been crucified! 

• Love 9
13 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Caila looked like she's not only gained weight, but lost most of her muscle tone. I'm in my mid 30s, have two babies, and my triceps are more toned. However, she took responsibility and said she was disappointed in herself. 

@ShellyB Do you know why Jenna Allison wasn't taken into TC? 

No, I do not know. 

1 hour ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Megan did look heavy. Also, how does she manage to get away with wearing an outfit that covers up her mid section and in every season prior any girl that dresses like that gets crucified!! She must be a K&J favorite!!

It looked like an old 70s style swimsuit (I had one) that was a halter style dress with matching  bottoms. They made a comment about Kali Nicole (season 8) about wearing a big shirt and hiding weight gain.  Erica Jenkins  (season 3) was called into the office for the same reason. 

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, TiaGrace said:

Melissa looked heavy this year at finals. The 2 second shot showed her leaping in the air. She was much lower this year than in years past. She always got so much air in her leaps.I was surprised. Now I understand why she did not get a Barbie. And what was Megan wearing? It looked awful. It looked liked an oversized apron. Weird. 

She didn't get a Barbie ?? What does that mean?  I must be missing something.

24 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

I am wondering what the "correct" answer about the wall is for the crowd...

I was thinking that the answer would be like "it's important to all work together and create better policies for people to legally enter into the United states so that way everyone has a chance at the American dream"

• Love 7
3 hours ago, lovelyritamm said:

I really thought Kat's treatment by Brenda was distasteful. Why not just come out and say that you think her dress is inappropriate instead of asking her a question to trap her?  I thought that was really mean.  Clearly Kat didn't know she was walking into a trap when she was asked how she would dress for a kindergarten visit. And while sure, a dress with side cutouts might be inappropriate for a regular job interview, this is the DCC.  None of the women were in suits, they were all in dresses, and they are auditioning for a job in which they regularly appear in super short hot pants and stomach-bearing outfits with their boobs purposefully pushed up.  So it felt kind of hypocritical to slut-shame Kat for that dress when she routinely wears way less on the job.  That dress wasn't super-revealing, and when she was sitting, you couldn't even see the cut-outs.  Also, were Kat to appear at a kindergarten, there may be children there who have been to a game and (gasp) seen Kat in her skimpy uniform. 

There's just something weird about being puritanical about a dress that wasn't super revealing, from an organization who dresses their cheerleaders the way they do. I highly doubt Kat would be inappropriate with kids if she did an appearance with them.  I felt absolutely terrible for her to be called out the way she was - no wonder she shut down for the rest of the interview. I would have too.

If her dress was truly not appropriate, there are less cruel ways of telling her that.

I know Kitty has a reputation for being direct/mean. And I know Kelli and Judy are strict and have critical eyes. This just felt cruel, and then to say Kat was disinterested in the interview? I'm sure she was mortified and trying not to cry.   I was glad Kelli spoke up about it. I really hope the dress wasn't why she was cut, or for her "disinterest," when clearly being a DCC was something she loved being.  If her dancing was not up to par, that is one thing, but the show made it look like the dress and interview was why she was cut. Brenda's setting her up like that really put a bad taste in my mouth.

I don't think Kat was being "slut-shamed" over her interview dress.  While I think the way Teele went about addressing it was wrong (asking about what she would wear to meet children) I think the underlying point was a good one.  At 30 years old Kat should know better than wearing a dress with midriff cutouts to a job interview (hell they even call it a panel interview).  No, the girls don't wear suits but they do wear tastefully cut sheath dresses.  A baggy cutout dress like Kat's would not only show the midriff but also perhaps a bit of underboob, depending on how you were looking at her.

And likening what they wear on the field with how they should dress off of it isn't really a strong argument. They have been told repeatedly that they are to look tasteful and ladylike in all situations once they are DCC.

Perhaps if Kat had held her composure after the question she would have come off better.  Or if she had done a solo that wasn't gymnastics again.  Or danced better on the field.  But she didn't and I think it was all of those things that got her cut.

ETA:  I'm confused about why what Charlotte and Kelli's daughters were wearing has anything to do with Kat.  They can wear what they want because they weren't trying out.  I don't think that anyone said that Kat's dress was the most hooker-y looking thing ever.  She was called out for wearing it TO AN INTERVIEW.  

Edited by ChlcGirl
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I just think it's funny that after Kat and some others get blasted for inappropriate cut out dresses who wore cut out dresses to finals the next day? Charlotte's daughter...Kelli's daughter...yeah.  hahaha! 

Why were Charlotte and Kelli's daughters there?  Were they judging?  I did not notice them.

I've always thought a lot of things they do are hypocritical.  They blast the girls for inappropriate clothing but Kelli is always showing plenty of cleavage.  They harp on ladylike behavior but Kitty frequently has a real potty-mouth.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, cheerbear said:

Why were Charlotte and Kelli's daughters there?  Were they judging?  I did not notice them.

I've always thought a lot of things they do are hypocritical.  They blast the girls for inappropriate clothing but Kelli is always showing plenty of cleavage.  They harp on ladylike behavior but Kitty frequently has a real potty-mouth.

Haha no no no, i only saw pics of them on social media, like behind the scenes with their moms, DCC alumni, etc.  They both looked really cute, I only mentioned it because they were wearing cut out dresses (of course they were not being judged for their outfit choices). 

1 hour ago, TiaGrace said:

Yeah, I heard both Melissa and Erica were a bit of let downs with their solos this year (hence no barbies for either) :(  I am giving Erica some grace because wasn't she injured for a while? maybe it was too difficult to do tricks, etc. and not re-hurt it before camp.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Dopeydwarf said:

Exactly.  She was asked what Trumps idea was about the wall, or why he wanted a wall, and she couldn't respond.

DCCs are supposed to be diplomatic and presentable in all circumstances. While the bar is high, it expects more of its' candidates.   Not knowing about the wall is huge. It's everywhere. It is discussed frequently.  Even if your only contact with news is Facebook, it's there. Someone may bring it up to her at some time, and she really needs to be informed.    I was a bit surprised myself, and her response, or lack of it.

I think, and remember, it's just an IMHO, that perhaps they were looking for what kind of response a DCC would give if visiting or dining with someone , if asked that.  I know dance skills and kicks are important, but so is being diplomatic.  

I have no issue with Brenda's question. Jay, however, specifically asked where she came down on the issue. I have a problem with that.

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, JC123 said:

If it was me, I would have said something along the lines of great question but I don't think this is the time or place to discuss politics.. Is there anything else you'd like to ask me instead? Politics causes too much division - whether she said we are building a wall to keep all the drug lord mexicos out, or Trump is a lunatic with shit hair she would have been crucified! 

Exactly. There's no good answer to that question for Caila regarding Jay's question.

• Love 3

Yay think that Kat may have flashed her bra and that is what set the judge off?  Something got their attention and the cut outs were not that big from what we saw.  Mabye when she sat down it bunched up and showed something.   just a thought

Edited by Harrythecat
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, DCCFAN71 said:

She looked very heavy - first in her face and then there was a scene of her kicking on the field where her stomach had a ton of rolls too.  They clearly overlooked her heaviness and gave her a pass.   Amy T had a few looking "not so tone" moments in the episode as well (like during her solo you could see rolls on her stomach when she bent over).   I'm sure CMT had a lot of damaging footage that could have made them look really bad if they played it in slow mo like they did to Breelan.

Poor Calia and that arm shaking footage.  And what made matters worse was that right behind her is that tall, thin and perfectly fit Linsday girl also slowed down w/ no giggling at all - made Calia look even worse by comparison.

• Love 1

Random comments:

1.  I think the fact that Shelbi wasn't featured AT ALL shows that she has burned her bridge in light of the comments posted after finalists were announced.  Glad to see that writing on the wall as I think Shelbi is a) not attractive and b) white trash.

2.  Megan looked HUGE!!!!!  She was holding so much weight in her face.

3.  Seeing Amy's reaction to being selected, make me like her a bit more.  

4.  What made the episode for me was seeing Kelsey kill her interview.  LOVE.

5.  Wish we'd seen more of Kitty's class.

6.  The interview with Kat during the calling of the names -- do they pause while calling the names so they can interview the veterans who have not yet been called??

7.  Tasha makes me want to vomit.  She is so plastic looking (and terrible nose job) and that "I'm doing this for my daughter" is ridiculous; clearly, she's a media whore with an insatiable appetite for attention.  Hate, hate, hate!

• Love 8
Just now, PrincessLeia said:

It looks like vet Melissa wasn't called until almost the very end. There are a lot of empty seats and she's still sitting there.

I'm pretty sure one of the insiders mentioned she was the very last person called this year :-/ 

Yes I too was surprised by the lack of Shelbi footage

Googled Brenda and she is the owner of a title company: Brenda Teele is the owner of Aegis Title Company, LLC.   Her experience in the title industry is immense, overseeing more than 25-thousand Real Estate transactions as the Contract Manager for a multi-million dollar government contract.

I think when they were referring to we know what Calia's probably is was probably the reference to weight whether from overeating, eating the wrong things, alcohol usage or combo

Did you notice the girl with the pink and blue apron like outfit with the ? sodas?  Looked like the Sydney wore using cupcakes!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I'm pretty sure one of the insiders mentioned she was the very last person called this year :-/ 

Kelsey was called before Melissa. I can't tell if Amy really was the last person called or if that's editing. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

Wow... I'm hoping they set Megan/Melissa up with My Fit Foods, or at least speak with them about it; talking about it is awkward, but ignoring it cause they're great dancers is worse. I guess they're fine now though. I'm having a tough time figuring out what is their build/weight gain. Similar to Amy T. 

1 minute ago, cherryblossom said:

Did you notice the girl with the pink and blue apron like outfit with the ? sodas?  Looked like the Sydney wore using cupcakes!

That was Stephanie! And it did. I'd be interested in seeing her dance, seems hip hop is more her style

3 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Regardless of taste or anything, I thought Kat's dress was too big/baggy on her.  Just didn't look good.

Agreed.  Not an attractive style for her at all.

3 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

I just watched the whole thing and I loveeee Mandy and Maggie. I also loved how so many rookies ran up to immediately hug Holly. So cute, she must have been rooting for them. The hug between Heather H and Holly was adorbs. I'm such a Heather H and O fangirl this season. Jinelle is just wow, I can't even say words for how amazing she is. I hated her look when she first tried out and now I love her.

Thoughts on Kat's dress: totally inappropriate for an interview. She's 30 she should know better that cut outs are never appropriate. 

LOVEEEE CANDACE KEEP HER PLEASE.

Yes, a 30 year old should know that a dress with cutoffs is never appropriate for any kind of interview, even if it is a job with a really skimpy uniform.  Really the only place a 30 year old can wear a dress like that with cut-outs and have it be appropriate is for a night of bar hopping.  That being said I also don't think Brenda's reaction to it was very appropriate either.

Also a big fan of Candace!  I hope we see more of her this season but I'm not holding my breath.  

I agree with the two vet cuts, especially Caila.  I really like Maggie and Madeline, and I'm so happy for Kelsey and auto Amy.

I didn't necessarily think Jay's Wall question was a bad one.  Realistically, no these girls will never be speaking politics with anyone, but that question was just a way to test how well she thinks on her feet.  He didn't care what her opinion actually was on the issue and there's ways of intelligently answering that question without really bringing your personal politics into it.  All he was looking for was an intelligent answer incorporating some thought and some knowledge of the issue, and unfortunately she didn't have a answer to give him.  I'm assuming the Wall is a issue discussed more in Dallas than it would be in other parts of the country so that's why he picked it?

• Love 10

They showed a spilt second of Shelbi looking pissed or crying (don't remember)  with the others that were cut. She didn't get any camera time like the other come back girls did.

Kelli said this was the season with the most comebacks (or something like it). There were other seasons in which girls that came back that were cut in finals or TC.

Season 4 -3 girls 

Season 5-  6 girls

Season 6- 3 girls

9 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Sounds like vet Melissa barely made it back?! Is she a 1st or 2nd leader this year?

From what I remember hearing, they were not psyched with her weight and the fact that her solo was pretty blah (for her, anyway).  They were sending her a message more than anything.  BUT obviously she got it together - I don't think she looks heavy in any of her recent photos, she got second GL and she has a wonderful spot in the triangle. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I'm assuming the problem the judge was referring to was her obvious weight gain and soft appearance.

I forgot to ask in my first post, does anyone know why 2011 Jenna didn't make it to training camp?  Do they really not like to bring back anyone once they're off the team for something like weight gain or was it another issue they just didn't put on the show (or that I missed when they did show it)?

Nobody know why Jenna didn't make it back. We even asked ShellyB and she didn't know. I'm guessing that Kelli didn't think she came back strong enough or didn't like her look..

Spoiler

Jenna is now a San Antonio Spurs Silver Dancer.

• Love 2

All of the judges did vote yes for Erica. I find it interesting they did not show more vet judges voting. I know they showed Kat and Caila, but no other ones beside Erica. They also showed the judges being more kinder when it came to the way they made their decisions.

2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

.. I personally would not have worn the dress Kat had on because I am older, soft in the middle, and  a lovely scar from an operation to save me and my left kidney after being hit by a car before my fourth birthday, but to attack Kat like that. Not appropriate! I love how Kelli was defending her during the judges decision time. Love Kitty and Phil.

Quoting youor post, but I could have quoted a lot.

My two cents : had she only answered "Not that one !", with a laugh and a big smile, she could had a pass regarding her dress ! And she woud have add a bonus point adding something like : "I wanted to go bright pink today, and add some extra fresh air to try to stay cool and fresh"

• Love 3