Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E02: Comeback Girls

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

13 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I'm glad to hear you say this! Amy became a favorite of mine this year and I wish they'd give her the edit she deserved BUT of course this is the summer of comebacks and that was what they needed her for. As I mentioned before, she was NOT last called...a VET was. But that was not as dramatic lol Oh well. 

Wonder which vet was last??? That's more drama to me.

3 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I wish I could disagree, but I can't. Her makeup was a HOT mess. She appeared disheveled. I only saw a small piece of the choreo but it wasn't good. I don't think she had the DCC look ever, unfortunately. I think we all agree though that she is such a sweet person with such a great attitude though, and she has her own incredible talent with rhythmic gymnastics.

I don't dislike Kat, but I've always thought there was something not quite right about her look. A little unpolished maybe? I do hope she lands on her feet though.

25 minutes ago, JC123 said:

Hmm I wanna say Melissa? I think that's what I've read on here. Can you imagine being the last one called, omg I'd be in bits 

A vet called last seems far more dramatic to me. If only Amy just walked up normally with a little fist pump instead of half collapsing in the aisle! 

They could totally play up the "we only have one more name to call" angle by showing the three vets in that moment. Then segue into the issue of two vets not making it back and why. It's ridiculous to leave that storyline as Kat & to some extent Caila's major faux pas being only their presentation at interview.

• Love 3

Brenda reminds me of one my colleagues who feels very passionate about the students we allow into the program and their behavior.  This is because we were interested in outcomes such as reputation of our program, positive feedback from partners, rigor of program, and how easily students were licensed and hired.  This is for college level nursing program where often students go through 2 sets of interviews.  Some prospective students showed up to interviews in scrubs or jeans.  My colleague would say, "Did you know you were coming for an interview today?  Is this what you usually wear to an interview?"  That was usually followed with a withering look by her so I understand the depth that comes with Brenda's question.  These may not always be the most polite but we had one fabulous program due to the standards we held to during the application process.  OK, taking my soap box and going to surf the web!!

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

Brenda reminds me of one my colleagues who feels very passionate about the students we allow into the program and their behavior.  This is because we were interested in outcomes such as reputation of our program, positive feedback from partners, rigor of program, and how easily students were licensed and hired.  This is for college level nursing program where often students go through 2 sets of interviews.  Some prospective students showed up to interviews in scrubs or jeans.  My colleague would say, "Did you know you were coming for an interview today?  Is this what you usually wear to an interview?"  That was usually followed with a withering look by her so I understand the depth that comes with Brenda's question.  These may not always be the most polite but we had one fabulous program due to the standards we held to during the application process.  OK, taking my soap box and going to surf the web!!

Yeah that's fine, but Brenda should then ALSO go after the other 50 girls who wore attire more appropriate for the club. Why single out Kat? IMO there were less appropriate outfits than hers.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Dancemajor said:

Lol!!!! Auto Amy seems to never get credit when its due.Her interviews are very polished. I spoke with Kelsey and a couple other girls. She helped so many candidates with interview.  She is extremely organized with a huge binder on just Cowboys knowledge. She never missed one football question over her years in interviews. They never show that. Even Charlotte was highly impressed. So were the other judges. And as usual editing showed her called last because she wasn't. Editing is brutal. I wish they would have shown Kelli Q and Auto Amy's solo. They were great!! It's funny to me they never show Amy's true dance skill or her winning moments in interview. Truly it's hard to judge because you never see the whole picture. She looked polished and amazing. It was her year! 

This is awesome. Thank you for sharing!

19 minutes ago, Pinknblue said:

Yeah that's fine, but Brenda should then ALSO go after the other 50 girls who wore attire more appropriate for the club. Why single out Kat? IMO there were less appropriate outfits than hers.

Maybe she did..... It may not have been shown on TV.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Funny, that actually crossed my mind. Mighty slim pickins this year. And you're right. I mean, I wouldn't want to go on tv and be ridiculed by the judges...and then us lol!

I agree about the slim pickings. There were 204 in the stands at the start of tryouts, and I think Kellie said they took 104 to the next round. That's a 50/50 shot of getting past the first call.

• Love 2

There were way less girls but WAY more talent.  When the show first started, the majority of the women were from Texas.  Now, girls from California, Oregon and Arizona are starting to dominate. 

Kat looked bad. From the 80's hairdo to the ugly blue necklace, it all screamed tacky.  She seems extremely annoying.  Take you're ribbon and ball and retire already. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, ChlcGirl said:

I don't think Kat was being "slut-shamed" over her interview dress.  While I think the way Teele went about addressing it was wrong (asking about what she would wear to meet children) I think the underlying point was a good one.  At 30 years old Kat should know better than wearing a dress with midriff cutouts to a job interview (hell they even call it a panel interview).  No, the girls don't wear suits but they do wear tastefully cut sheath dresses.  A baggy cutout dress like Kat's would not only show the midriff but also perhaps a bit of underboob, depending on how you were looking at her.

And likening what they wear on the field with how they should dress off of it isn't really a strong argument. They have been told repeatedly that they are to look tasteful and ladylike in all situations once they are DCC.

Perhaps if Kat had held her composure after the question she would have come off better.  Or if she had done a solo that wasn't gymnastics again.  Or danced better on the field.  But she didn't and I think it was all of those things that got her cut.

ETA:  I'm confused about why what Charlotte and Kelli's daughters were wearing has anything to do with Kat.  They can wear what they want because they weren't trying out.  I don't think that anyone said that Kat's dress was the most hooker-y looking thing ever.  She was called out for wearing it TO AN INTERVIEW.  

#nailedit

• Love 5

Who is the girl in the black and maroon solo outfit? Kitty takes her tutu off and puts it behind her. Says she has a killer body. Is that one of the Heathers???

Rewatching again... I agree with Kitty. I don't like Tasha's costume either. She looked like a lingerie model. 

I think Jinelle looks incredible. She is just beautiful. 

I feel for Yuko. I can't imagine how nerve wracking panel interview must have been. 

I just freaking love Kelsey. "I'm 50 yard line Kelsey, and proud of it, because I just killed my panel interview." Drops mic. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Is it Milan?

That's heather O I believe.   That girl has great dance technique and an amazing figure.  I wouldn't be hiding any of it just like Kitty said.  I even think the tutu puff thing on that back was too much.   Kitty was funny when she said if I had your body I'd go naked - lol!  

• Love 2

I love how they portrayed kitty this year. It's a lot more accurate of how she is 24/7. Honest but fair, and a lot of sass. I know she has a rep on these boards for seeming like Abby Lee Miller but Kitty is honestly an incredible teacher.

• Love 9

Is there a method to how they call out the order of the names of the TC invitees?? If Melissa was last, she is a second GL so she surely wouldn't have been at the bottom of the scoring?? 

I might be in the minority but I love Melissa RS and her mentoring! I think she really helps the girls with their showmanship. 

The sharp decrease in applicants this year got me thinking. In years past, they had tons of people trying out that clearly were too old/too fat/too clueless/too dance challenged. This year, not nearly so many to point out for twerking! Just a lot of floor tumbleweeds, ha ha.

I'm surprised Kitty did not nail Milan about her hair for finals practice. The way it looked pulled up off her face did not look good and the judges noticed the dull color. But she looked much better on the field with it down and more natural.

Someone mentioned not seeing much of Selena and I had hoped to see more of her as well. She looked more confident and mature. Glad she made it to camp!

Getting to see more back stories on girls like Mandy, Heather O, Maggie and Milan was great. Now I have even more TCCs to root for! 

After the Taylor Low Kicks debacle last year, I think they have gotten uber strict on letting anyone with even mediocre kicks so that's why Royesha got nixed faster than she might have been in past years.

BEEP! More style! ???

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

The sharp decrease in applicants this year got me thinking. In years past, they had tons of people trying out that clearly were too old/too fat/too clueless/too dance challenged. This year, not nearly so many to point out for twerking! Just a lot of floor tumbleweeds, ha ha.

I'm surprised Kitty did not nail Milan about her hair for finals practice. The way it looked pulled up off her face did not look good and the judges noticed the dull color. But she looked much better on the field with it down and more natural.

Someone mentioned not seeing much of Selena and I had hoped to see more of her as well. She looked more confident and mature. Glad she made it to camp!

Getting to see more back stories on girls like Mandy, Heather O, Maggie and Milan was great. Now I have even more TCCs to root for! 

After the Taylor Low Kicks debacle last year, I think they have gotten uber strict on letting anyone with even mediocre kicks so that's why Royesha got nixed faster than she might have been in past years.

BEEP! More style! ???

About Taylor...she had tried out several times, was told about her kicks several times...so I could never figure out why she was so surprised when she got cut! 

• Love 1

Royeaha's kicks were a lot worse than Taylor's.   In addition to flexibilty issues, she also has some inward bowing in her legs when she kicks that would be a huge distraction in a kickline.   Not impossible to fix this stuff, but no way could it be done in the amount of time before the first game.   She needs to take ballet coupled w/ serious stretching where someone knowledgeable helps her make sure she is following good positioning when she stretches.

Emily Roslyn's kicks have similar lack of turnout issues, not really low, but the technique is not what it should be.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, cvogue said:

About Taylor...she had tried out several times, was told about her kicks several times...so I could never figure out why she was so surprised when she got cut! 

I couldn't either. My only thought was maybe she thought all her powerful dancing could make them overlook it. But as we all know, kicks are a deal breaker that they don't let slide. Especially in recent years.

• Love 1

i want to add how much Raylee has matured in her DCC appearance. Last year she was very young, looked confused and originally had a long stringy hair. This year she looks beautiful. I love her natural good looks. She is evolving into a stunner (well, at least to me). 

Anyone know if Hunter is going to try out again?  I wonder if she crossed someone at tryouts because she got a spectacular BAD edit. It is horrible to be known as the ignorant girl. It's not fair but ... Being 50 yard Kelsey is one thing since Kelsey In her talking head said she was nervous and knew she gave the wrong answer. Hunter though followed up in her talking head and admits she does not read. Yikes!!! 

• Love 2

I just rewatched the episode and noticed that when Kelsey was called, Amy was no longer seated.  Thus, Kelsey was called after Amy, and Kelsey must have been called pretty late as the seats were mainly empty.  However, you can see Melissa was still seated as Kelsey walked to the front.

I feel like everything I could possibly say has been said already, so I'll just say that I was very sad for Caila at the very end of the episode when she was being interviewed about her cut outside the stadium. She was obviously crushed and they kept asking her questions. As they finally cut away from her, you could just barely hear her say, "Can I go now? Please?" Poor thing. I don't disagree with her cut, but it always just makes me so sad for any girl who gets cut as a vet.

• Love 12
19 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Also, did yall hear Auto Amy call Kelli "girl" in the interview?! Interaction with potential employers in an interview should be friendly, not familiar. And I don't think it's ever appropriate to call Kelli "girl". Ugh. Uncomfortable.

I re-watched the interview segment three times and did not hear "girl"; if you're talking about the question to her about trying out 5 times, she seemed embarrassed and said something like "gah" while shaking her head.

• Love 3

Totally agree that this was such a fun episode!  The editing was good but also frustrating, mostly because I wanted to see more. And because they kept saying Mandy was from like 8 different cities (ok, 3 or 4), and I kept feeling so confused about whether she was the same person, or multiple girls who looked shockingly alike. Really like Mandy, though! Great dancer, beautiful, articulate and an accomplished small business owner--impressive! I hope they soften her hair color just a scootch. 

As for who wore what (and was it appropriate?!) to interviews, I don't think Tess wore the bandage dress. They show her walking in at some point in a cute but not especially  body conscious dress. I bet lots of candidates get marks against them for what they wear, but being groomed in comportment and presentation is part of the DCC training. So Kat, a 30 year old and a vet, definitely should know better. That said, I totally agree that what counts as sexy vs trashy in DCC Land is a fine line I don't always understand or agree with. Kat's dress was ill-fitted, her hair and accessories were messy and somewhat juvenile--all kind of surprised me. But I do remember thinking last year, in her intro segment, "Wow, cute outfit, but that's a pretty short skirt to be wearing with bare legs to work!" So maybe there really was something more behind her scolding beyond her interview outfit. 

I agree that calling a vet last would have been way more dramatic than calling Amy. If it was Melissa, as some have said here, that would explain her less than ecstatic demeanor when they briefly showed her walking out of the stadium. Bless her heart, really. She did look heavier to me in the vets rehearsal (I didn't notice Megan's weight gain as others have). But I remember that Melissa lost a lot of weight to make the team in the first place. Some excellent detective on this site once found an audition picture of her from the year before her rookie season, and she was noticeably heavier.  I know weight has been a struggle for her, and it just makes me admire her more for the way she's transformed her body to be a DCC, and how much more human it makes her, you know, because it seems like gravity doesn't apply to her dancing. Keep it up, girl! 

In addition to loving how Kristi Scales fought for the vets and underdogs, I also thought she looked great! She was wearing some makeup, and has colored and styled her hair a little, and I think it makes her look more polished and prettier, while still looking like herself. Bravo, Kristi!  At the same time, woah, Charlotte, wtf are you wearing at finals??!  I was digging her red blazer when all we could see was from judges table and up, but that dominatrix pleather-looking skirt is awful. And I bet a cow died and she spent a lot of money on that skirt. My mom always said, money can buy a whole lot of ugly. True. That. On the topic, I liked Judy's finals dress, but not her semi-finals look. I thought that was a rare miss for Judy -- the tented A-line dress + cage sandals didn't work for me. But each item was cute on its own!

Looks like a great rookie class. Glad for Auto Amy and Madeline, but I'm not a huge fan of them as DCC yet. Of the ones I've seen so far, I really love Maggie (and her resort-style backyard!) and Heather O, but I do like a lot of the girls so far.  I remember Heather O was my favorite dancer from the audition videos in the spring, and I thought she wasn't that pretty and I worried if her looks would affect her chances in camp. But now that I see her on the show and not in a tiny video, she's gorgeous!  

Maybe the judges had mean things to say about Jenna, and that's why they didn't show the discussion. I also was surprised she said she thought she deserved a spot in TC, particularly because I thought she was one of the least captivating DCCs her year. I wasn't that impressed with her audition video, either. She lacked the snap I'd expect of a vet. Interesting that they didn't introduce Selina among the comeback girls yet. I think she looks great--a clean performer and more mature beauty--and I hope we get to see more of her in camp. (I wasn't a fan last year because of her interview quote mishap, but she's young, so I'm past it.)  Glad they didn't bother to mention Shelby. Hunter had no idea she should have been embarrassed by her level of ignorance and distaste for reading anything ever. Even before seeing that, I hadn't loved her looks or dancing. She's good, but doesn't draw my eye, and I dislike the open-mouthed expressions she makes when dancing. Not sorry she got cut.  I was definitely sorry to see Royesha and Kaylee cut, though.  But I loved both of their responses to the outcome, and really hope they both come back stronger next year. 

Can't wait to see the start of camp next week!! 

• Love 2

Everything has pretty much been said.. but here's my views.

Caila should have known about the wall and should have at least a little knowledge of Trump's views but I don't believe she should have been asked HER opinion of it.

I don't believe any job interview would ask about your political opinion .. perhaps that is just the UK.

Poor Kat, I think when she has done meet and greets she always looked great and was good for DCC, I didn't find the dress offensive.. not compared to Jenn's purple monstrosity. I'm glad Kelli stuck up for Kat. I wonder if her solo was good? As someone said before, they usually show them if they are bad and cutting the girl.

Didn't like Hunter's solo. Looked clumpy to me.

Jenn is actually starting to annoy me a bit. Maybe it is over exposure.

Auto Amy also irritated me, can't put my finger on it.. not exactly arrogant.. I don't know, I didn't warm to her.

Go Kelsey! Proud of her!! 

I hope Royesha works on her kicks and comes back next year, liked her a lot.

Hooray for more dancing this week, hope it continues.. still waiting to see more of powerhouse Yuko who the judges rave about but so far we've not seen anything outstanding imo.

Here's my question -- we know the returning vets went on a swimsuit shoot shortly before finals.  Why would they even let Caila go looking like that?  I'd have told her to stay home and work on her figure or she'd end up missing out on more than just the swimsuit shoot.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, M1977G said:

Totally agree that this was such a fun episode!  The editing was good but also frustrating, mostly because I wanted to see more. And because they kept saying Mandy was from like 8 different cities (ok, 3 or 4), and I kept feeling so confused about whether she was the same person, or multiple girls who looked shockingly alike. Really like Mandy, though! Great dancer, beautiful, articulate and an accomplished small business owner--impressive! I hope they soften her hair color just a scootch. 

As for who wore what (and was it appropriate?!) to interviews, I don't think Tess wore the bandage dress. They show her walking in at some point in a cute but not especially  body conscious dress. I bet lots of candidates get marks against them for what they wear, but being groomed in comportment and presentation is part of the DCC training. So Kat, a 30 year old and a vet, definitely should know better. That said, I totally agree that what counts as sexy vs trashy in DCC Land is a fine line I don't always understand or agree with. Kat's dress was ill-fitted, her hair and accessories were messy and somewhat juvenile--all kind of surprised me. But I do remember thinking last year, in her intro segment, "Wow, cute outfit, but that's a pretty short skirt to be wearing with bare legs to work!" So maybe there really was something more behind her scolding beyond her interview outfit. 

I remember EXACTLY that scene.  I also gave that outfit a double take last year, especially since it wasn't just a scene at the office, but a meeting with client.  A mini skirt, bare legs and stilettos is less than professional for a client meeting.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, BritFan said:

Caila should have known about the wall and should have at least a little knowledge of Trump's views but I don't believe she should have been asked HER opinion of it.

I thought while watching, ‘does this girl live under a rock?’ HOW HAS SHE MISSED THIS????  Trump started saying this last year!!!!!  

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Here's my question -- we know the returning vets went on a swimsuit shoot shortly before finals.  Why would they even let Caila go looking like that?  I'd have told her to stay home and work on her figure or she'd end up missing out on more than just the swimsuit shoot.

Great question!  In past years, Alex Hermes and Hannah showed up to the calendar shoot overweight.  But when finals come, the directors act like they didn’t know????

• Love 1

Something that bugged me about the question for Kat regarding what she would wear to an appearance, do the DCC ever wear street clothes to appearances? It looks like they either wear their official uniforms or track suits or something like that everywhere. It just seemed like a dumb way to set up questioning Kat's choice of outfit.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I am constitutionally incapable of lateness, so if by some chance I showed up late, I'd be a mess.

LOL!  That is great.  I'm always apologizing for being early, usually at a doctor's appointment.  I say: I'm habitually early and I have no control over it.

I'm 30 minutes early to work everyday.  So. Stupid!  I'm not getting paid for it.  I'm shooting for 15 minutes but I feel incapable.  And then there are those who are 'habitually' late and I just can't with them.  I hate it and also cannot understand it.

• Love 3

Having spent a career with college age and beyond women, I will say that many under 30 do not watch the news.  They listen to the radio for music, or have their own playlist.  Now if it is something like Sept 11, yes they listen but many of them are woefully under informed about current events

• Love 4

I *finally* got to sit down and watch this episode.  Here are my thoughts:

- I *love* Kelsey saying "I'm 50 Yard Line Kelsey and proud of it because I just rocked my interview!"  Go, Kelsey!  The edit they gave made it seem like she had a huge pause before answering, but it was clearly a repeated loop.  I knew she was smarter than her previous interview edits portrayed her. Wish they'd shown more of her solo.  So proud of her for making it in to camp!

- I know Amy has gotten a bit of flak for saying "girl" when responding to the 5th year auditioning question.  However, I thought that was an endearing answer. She certainly doesn't let any nerves show during her interviews. I can imagine she was overwhelmed with emotion when she was selected as a TCC, so I cut her some slack for the dramatic pause before running up to the front.  

- Kat.  Oh, where do I start?  I was never of the impression that Kat should have made the squad last year.  I don't think she has the DCC look and she's so flexible that it makes her look too loose when she dances.  No pop.  Does that make sense?  From everything I've read, she's an incredibly sweet person and it's hard to see her dreams get crushed.  However, that interview dress was absolutely a no-no. I think the interviewer was a bit harsh in her tone, but she was right. Also, I don't know why Kat was sticking with the strawberry red lip stick, but it was not at all flattering.

- Caila. When they showed the vets practicing, even my husband said "she's going to get cut".  And he is always the one saying "there's no way I'd call her fat" when they show weight gain segments.  It was very noticeable weight gain. Her interview was atrocious. Even getting a land-mine question about politics, there's a way to give a refined answer that dodges that bullet, which is what I assume was the point of the question. She's still very young, so she can choose to work on things and try again, if she chooses.  We know from others that she was seen drinking underage.  I'm thinking word might have gotten back to Kelli about that.

- Tasha.  I agree with Kitty.  I hated her solo outfit. I'm not sure how I feel about her yet.  She gives off a very plastic outer shell look with Barbie-pink lipstick, but then she comes across so sweet in her interviews. I'm still on the fence about her.  I'll have to see more.

- Yuko.  I think she's adorable.  Crossing a big language barrier is very difficult.  You could tell she wasn't sure if they had called her name or not during the TC announcements.  I wish they'd shown a bit more of her dancing. I can't really get a sense of her style.  Everything was slo-mo. But I'm rooting for her. Cute dimples!

Random others - I hope Royeesha tries out again. If she improves her flexibility, she'd have the whole package.  We were all wondering why Hunter didn't make it in to camp and now we know.  YIKES!  "I don't read"??? She really said that???  Milan just needs a really good make over.  It really did have a gray sheen to it with the stadium lighting. Too much ash in the color. Emily is stunning when she's not dancing.  When she dances, her face gets frozen. I wish there was a way to fix that because she is beautiful. They really picked on Kyndall during solos & field, so I'm trying to understand why they brought her in to camp?

Can I just say that Kristi Scales was wonderful this episode? She's always so positive about the girls and she really stuck up for the ones that needed it. I know Candance Romo is new to the judging panel this year, but she fits in like she's been doing this for years. .loved her Kelli impersonation :)

• Love 8
16 hours ago, missmansfield said:

Yes, I thought DCC's were not supposed to give opinions on controversial things.  His question on her feelings about the wall should not have been allowed.  I was shocked when he asked that!

But someone could ask them that. Some drunk executive or mayor at an event, or some big homeless/oppressed person advocate at the Salvation Army events they do.

And there really were any number of smooth, polished answers she could have given without delving into divisive opinions. I think what was worse for Caila than Jay's question was how bitchy Brenda was when she pinned her down about what the wall proposal is. I really sense Brenda takes joy and satisfaction in the belittling she does.

At the end of the day, shame on Caila for not being better prepared. There aren't 19 candidates anymore, there are two. And even in May there were 4-5 tops. Knowing the most controversial topics in a presidential election year and having thought through how you'd speak to them is just common sense.

someone criticized Jenn K earlier for seeming "on" and pageant-like. But I bet given the opportunity to answer that same question, people here would be raving about her polish and what a great spokeswoman she is lol

2 hours ago, M1977G said:

Hunter had no idea she should have been embarrassed by her level of ignorance and distaste for reading anything ever. 

Right???? Where are the people in her life who love her enough to get her prepped for the interview part!! Makes me worried she's surrounded by people who have spent too much time telling her she's cute or would look adorable in the uniform, and not helping her present "the whole package."

2 hours ago, Moxiejan said:

I re-watched the interview segment three times and did not hear "girl"; if you're talking about the question to her about trying out 5 times, she seemed embarrassed and said something like "gah" while shaking her head.

Nope, I didn't hear her say it either, but I did hear Brenda call Kelsey "girlfriend." I just think people say "girl and girlfriend " enough it's not disrespectful if Any had said it to Kelli, especially considering she knows Kelli on a much more personal level than someone who's never had a conversation with her before. I heard a bank president speak at a huge Dallas business breakfast a few weeks ago and use the term "girl." She said something along the lines of, "and I was thinking to myself girl that's never going to happen."

13 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Kelli DID stick up for Kat in the war room though when they were all saying Kat seemed like she didn't care about her answers and Kelli goes "Well no, not after Brenda tore her apart" or something like that. I was like, GO Kelli. It was nice to see her stick up for the girls. I'm sure she does it more often than we see, but it was nice to actually SEE it happen.

It struck me as incredibly disrespectful to Kelli and Charlotte for Brenda to attack a veteran like that.

So good to be back here reading everyone's comments, some funny ones keep me entertained.   I found a photo with all the names of the girls going into training camp.    I thought it would be helpful to know which vets are back and those that chose to retire.   They don't show enough footage of the vets on the show, they did better this year, but still not perfect.  I didn't even catch that Melissa was back....her solo footage passed me right by also.  I didn't think they showed her but some of you mentioned it.   I will have to re-watch that part of the show.    Usually they highlight her the most.

I wish Mary had returned, she was a fav of mine.  

DCC-2016-Training-Camp-Group_namesre.jpg

• Love 6

I did hear the ‘girl’ comment by Amy but she said it very softly and it came across as sweet, to me anyway.

This is the second time Jay has asked a political question.  When he asked the blonde gal (I cannot remember her name) in Season 2 “What do you think of Condoleezza Rice running for president?” She wasn’t.  It was another ‘do you know what is going on in the world’ kind of question.  

• Love 3

My random thoughts-

Jay is a US militaries vet, and I think he's entitled to ask the girls the questions he does; they do have heavy ties with our troops!

Royesha pleeeeeeeease come back and be a DCC!

I love that we know Charlotte loved Yuko and Kelsey! Of all the hours and hours of judge comments and discussion, Charlotte's endorsement of those girls made the cut for a reason.

Wonder if so many of us hating on Brenda makes her a shoo-in going forward? They do need a "scary" judge who might throw out some hateful attacks just for drama. Brenda is qualified for that role if nothing else. 

Candice Romo yessssssssss forever!! Even if Tony is done, she's just a gem and a great judge! She has enough of a past career of her own (plus her bro?) to know what she's looking for in a performer and public figure. She's a cool chick.

Watching Kelli talk (and listen) during the Amy discussion is great insight into the KJ dynamic. Kelli loves the whole girl and listens to her heart. Judy can love a lot about a lot of people, but at the end of the day she's the (dance) business side of this duo. You can be darling, polished, killer bod and captivating performer but if you don't also have a strong dance foundation and promise of really growing on the team, Judy doesn't feel that "but" tug that Kelli feels.

At least a courtesy comment about former DCC Jenna would have been a nice gesture.

Dont get all the comments about Caila or Kat coming back? If I were either of them, I wouldn't.

Have to say, I already can't stand Kellie Pickler just from the teases of her own show shown in the DCC show. She seems like one of those girls who thinks acting dumb AF is endearing. I liked her when she went through AI years ago, and remember being really impressed with her given her rough family life. Her entire appearance is a gratuitous and poorly matched CMT shameless plug-gross!

Edited by GingerJ
#KPbugsme