Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E16: Love at First Fight

• Start Topic

The sisters try to fix Rob and Chyna's relationship after the couple get into an explosive fight; the family set their sights on ending Khloe's streak of bad birthdays; and Kourtney panics about having to go on press tour without her siblings.

9 hours ago, OnceSane said:

The sisters try to fix Rob and Chyna's relationship

At this point it seems they have more invested in Rob and BC's relationship than Rob and BC do.  Without these two, the K's would have had no storylines for this past season and they wouldn't have had an interim show to run while KUWTK was on hiatus (now that I am Cait is cancelled). 

• Love 8

At this point it seems they have more invested in Rob and BC's relationship than Rob and BC do

Kim less so. Her comment in the clip I saw was pretty cold. Her only reason for making nice with Rob was to put on a united family front for the cameras/public. Her main concern over not hearing in advance about the engagement was that she  didn't know what to say to her friends and people tweeting/texting her. 

I have 7 siblings and hear shit about  one or another second/third hand all the time. They all use facebook and I don't, nor do I twitter, so I'm not always up to speed. I don't get bent out of shape about it.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, nexxie said:

For Rob's sake, I hope his new show succeeds - but the clip I've seen (Chyna screaming about texts) makes it look anything but fun.

Chyna screaming is one of the reasons I'll be tuning in.

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Ha! I'm so over the shrieking on these shows.

Her shrieking will be a relief from Khloe's cursing and disgusting foul mouth. Along with her never ending complaints about how trapped she is by everyone expecting her to take care of Lamar and having to sacrifice her life for a burden SHE CHOSE TO TAKE ON.  

• Love 6

Rob's bipolar.

Loved Khloe throwing in that everyone thought Chyna fixed him when she couldn't but now  he's as bad as he ever was. 

Also maybe Kim should *67 her calls to her brother cus as his least favorite sister,  he ain't picking up her calls. .lol

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, ExplainItAgain said:

I swear I only watch this show for Scott. Male strippers! Ice skating rink! Foam party!

I'd rather that than watch Khloe drink herself stupid and act like a fool. But then doesn't matter the atmosphere, if liquors involved, Khloe over does it.

One fight and Kim has them done, asking if he'll even see his child. 

• Love 6

Did anyone catch Kanye's snotty look at Rob when he was greeting everyone after he arrived? WTF is his problem? 

Were Tyga and Kylie there at the party?  I thought it was kinda sad Rob and Chyna didn't bring her little guy with P and North there. 

Will I get kicked out  of the cool kids club here if I admit that I actually enjoyed the end of the episode and was smiling watching how happy everyone was when Rob showed up?  Also how eager Chyna was and how happy to be invited. It warmed my cold  dead heart a bit.

Scott makes this show for me. He's the only one who makes me laugh consistently. 

• Love 5
On September 1, 2016 at 4:38 PM, nexxie said:

Ha! I'm so over the shrieking on these shows.

Between Rob looking dull witted,  Chyna looking dull witted, Rob sitting around looking like Tweedledum and Chyna bellowing over this dullard "talking to other bitches" ( as if he could even find another bitch  to "talk to"), this show makes I am Cait must see TV.   Sorry, two dumb, ugly, boring people yelling and getting yelled at is something even I , with my awful viewing habits, will not endure.  It's like Jerry Springer with dumber, uglier people. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, ExplainItAgain said:

I swear I only watch this show for Scott. Male strippers! Ice skating rink! Foam party!

Me too.  I hardly paid any attention last night, but I did notice that Scott also showed up in the Rob/Chynna previews. 

Other than that - blah.   Kim - boring, Khloe - boring.  Kourtney droning on about honey or whatever - ZZZZZZZZ.  Not to mention another opportunity for Jonathan Cheban to slide out of Kim's butt long enough to contribute nothing as usual.

Let's face it - Rob and Chynna is the only thing they have right now.  The rest of it:

Oh, Kourtney is afraid to talk!!!!!   Whatever will she do? 

It's Khloe's Birthday but there are always dark clouds around it!  Oh My! 

Will anyone come to the party?  Will Rob show up at the party?  Goodness Gracious!

And Rob has Kim's Selfie Book on  a table?  Probably uses it for kindling.  (Like that book wasn't planted there by Kim or production).

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Maya said:

Wait - I didn't watch the episode but just read the recap - please tell me Kourtney wasn't a "Woman of the Year."

No, she presented the "inaugural Manuka Doctor award" to a British "YouTube star". She's a paid shill for Manuka Doctor, an overpriced skincare line with unproven claims.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, MarysWetBar said:
16 hours ago, MarysWetBar said:

Did anyone catch Kanye's snotty look at Rob when he was greeting everyone after he arrived? WTF is his problem? 

Were Tyga and Kylie there at the party?  I thought it was kinda sad Rob and Chyna didn't bring her little guy with P and North there. 

Will I get kicked out  of the cool kids club here if I admit that I actually enjoyed the end of the episode and was smiling watching how happy everyone was when Rob showed up?  Also how eager Chyna was and how happy to be invited. It warmed my cold  dead heart a bit.

Scott makes this show for me. He's the only one who makes me laugh consistently. 

I also watched the ending and they almost had me all warm and fuzzy, until I realized this was the Kardashians Everything they do is for the show and I dont know what to believe with them.... (but if I wasn't such a critic, I would be happy for Khloe and Rob for reconnecting 

• Love 1

Scott never fails to make me laugh. He is the only genuinely enjoyable part of the show. The rest of the show you never know each week who is going to act bipolar and get upset about something. It's like a fake reality show that mirrors those family sitcom - someone messes up or behaves stupid but by the end of the episode, someone has an aha moment and shares their life lesson. How convenient. 

I'm impressed that Kourtney doesn't display her diets, or talk about her obsessions with workouts or anything similar but she clearly seems like the most healthy of the family. You could tell that Khloe was feeling it a bit as she was running and making conversations and Kourtney does it like it's nothing. That's my goal - can I please learn how to engage in cardio and not be so out of breath that I can't utter a word? 

I can't keep up with these girls bipolar behaviour toward Rob. First they're getting mad at people who 'enable' him. He's fat and lazy and apparently deserved his miserable life so how dare other people help him out. Now they're doing the exact same thing when they stalk him and try to 'fix' his relationship. I noticed that the difference in the way Kim spoke about Chyna versus how Khloe spoke about her. Khloe can only seem to compliment or approve of Chyna in some way that relates to Rob. Kim is talking about wanting both of them to be happy and Khloe is talking about feeling good about Chyna because of what she's been able to do for her brother. I just can't find the ultimate sincerity in Khloe's turnabout when I have yet to see her acknowledge Chyna as being her own person. You don't have to be friends with her to wish her well or say something kind about her. 

• Love 6

Please stop using "bipolar" as a perjorative. Bipolar disorder is a very real, very serious mental illness. I have been battling it for 16 years and it upsets me so much when I see "bipolar" being bandied about as a means of describing bad or unpredictable behavior.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Scott never fails to make me laugh. He is the only genuinely enjoyable part of the show. The rest of the show you never know each week who is going to act bipolar and get upset about something. It's like a fake reality show that mirrors those family sitcom - someone messes up or behaves stupid but by the end of the episode, someone has an aha moment and shares their life lesson. How convenient.

Very true. I even think this is how they want the show - harkening all the way back to the original credits which were a rip-off of a sitcom credits. I think this is why the majority of the shows are boring - they are either filler scenes or they are some "problem" that we all know will either be solved by the end of the episode or the end of the "mid-season." Speaking of, how do they even have seasons for this show? It's constantly on!!

• Love 4

I don't think posters,including me mean it as a perjorative. I know I truly think he might be. I think the show treats his situation in a reality show manner. Sadly I think his family is more concerned with the impact on their show than really delving into his problems. Coming out from the black cloud he was under for all this time, the answer is not to have him start filming a TV show. IMO they have lost sight of real life, it's all a reality show to them. If tragedy should strike and Rob lose his life, they will continue on filming as usual, all attending a funeral in coordinating Yeezy outfits and Gucci sunglasses and five inch heels. 

I wish you well in your own battle and I will be more careful in what and how I post in the future on this subject. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, bethster said:

Please stop using "bipolar" as a perjorative. Bipolar disorder is a very real, very serious mental illness. I have been battling it for 16 years and it upsets me so much when I see "bipolar" being bandied about as a means of describing bad or unpredictable behavior.

I didn't intend to bandy anything about. I work in mental health and believe he quite possibly is bipolar by the behaviours and actions they choose to edit into the show. The isolating and sleeping around the clock that goes hand in hand with depression and his little bursts of social media posting, working out, and socializing publically show me signs of  manic episodes. 

I'm also appalled that this is playing out on a reality show. Something is wrong with him and i wish he mattered more to them  than the money. 

• Love 7
21 hours ago, MarysWetBar said:

Chynna acted like she was invited to the cool girl's table.   It warmed my heart a little too, because her excitement seemed genuine.  I think she was really glad to be included.

2 minutes ago, MarysWetBar said:

I'm also appalled that this is playing out on a reality show. Something is wrong with him and i wish he mattered more to them  than the money. 

Yes - that is the saddest thing of all. No way should this play out publicly.  But I guess it's his decision - he seems to be able to tell them No when he wants to - not being with them on holidays for several years, apparently.   

• Love 4
22 hours ago, MarysWetBar said:

I just watched the episode and well, shit. That got to me a little bit too. And I hate when these people do things that make me feel that. I remember smiling when the photobooth pics of the party first popped up online. I know a lot of stuff on this show is fake but so much of this episode felt real especially when Kim was saying how Chyna realized Rob's problem goes deeper than just family issues.  The hug between Kim and her at the party looked very sincere too. Through all the drama with Kylie, Rob, etc those two were really close once.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

What's up with his house? When Kim and Kourtney were there, the rooms were empty, even the kitchen was barely furnished. Yet Kris and Faye Resnick furnished and decorated the whole thing.

Don't you remember, Kourtney started removing things she didn't like. She probably came back & took out the rest.

12 hours ago, iwasish said:

What's up with his house? When Kim and Kourtney were there, the rooms were empty, even the kitchen was barely furnished. Yet Kris and Faye Resnick furnished and decorated the whole thing.

I was wondering this as well.  We know this show likes to employ creative continuity, but what the heck happened to all of the extravagant furnishings and wall art, etc.?  Why did the house look abandoned?  Are we supposed to think that Rob and Chyna had a fight and...the furniture disappeared?  I don't understand.

12 hours ago, iwasish said:

Too bad Chyna didn't realize that before she and Rob decided to have a child.  

Rob clearly has mental and emotional issues (that may or may not be improving or stabilizing, it's hard to tell).  On this episode, he said that it's bizarre to him to have a child with someone and not be involved with that person.  I can't help but feel that Chyna can and will pack up and take that baby away from Rob if she decides that she can't handle being married to him, and what that might do to Rob's psyche.  I also agree 100% that it's shocking to see this being played out on a reality show.  I'm not sure if anyone, let alone his sisters, his mom, and BC - truly have Rob's best interests at heart.  Rob may have agreed to the new reality show, and I understand that he's a grown man with the ability to say "no," but I don't know if he can.  He's spent his entire life trying to please his mom and sisters, and now Chyna.  Furthermore, he probably has no other source of income.  The show pays the bills.  But putting cameras in the face of someone who appears to be emotionally fragile seems like a really bad idea.

• Love 3

Why is Scott's attendance suddenly necessary at every lunch with Kris?  I can only assume she knows that he is the lone member of the family worth watching at this point, but his weird fawning over her and their strange back-and-forth is annoying.  He's so loud and boisterous, and she's so stoned/drunk/spaced out, they make for a strange pairing.

LOLZ at baby Reign running around in a black Yeezy shirt.  LOLZ at all of them wearing his stuff, in fact.  Product placement at its finest.

And is Dave & Buster's going bankrupt?  That's the only reason I can think of for Khloe name-dropping the place and having her party there.  Way to seal your fate, D&B.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I was wondering this as well.  We know this show likes to employ creative continuity, but what the heck happened to all of the extravagant furnishings and wall art, etc.?  Why did the house look abandoned?  Are we supposed to think that Rob and Chyna had a fight and...the furniture disappeared?  I don't understand.

Rob clearly has mental and emotional issues (that may or may not be improving or stabilizing, it's hard to tell).  On this episode, he said that it's bizarre to him to have a child with someone and not be involved with that person.  I can't help but feel that Chyna can and will pack up and take that baby away from Rob if she decides that she can't handle being married to him, and what that might do to Rob's psyche.  I also agree 100% that it's shocking to see this being played out on a reality show.  I'm not sure if anyone, let alone his sisters, his mom, and BC - truly have Rob's best interests at heart.  Rob may have agreed to the new reality show, and I understand that he's a grown man with the ability to say "no," but I don't know if he can.  He's spent his entire life trying to please his mom and sisters, and now Chyna.  Furthermore, he probably has no other source of income.  The show pays the bills.  But putting cameras in the face of someone who appears to be emotionally fragile seems like a really bad idea.

Chyna won't go too far. The money is with the Kardashians. I suspect Rob has in some way finally gotten what he craved, his mother's constant attention, and a career that he considers  on a par with his sisters. Not just a background character on their show but his own show. He isn't stable, Chyna is just now getting a glimpse of what her future might be like. And forever tied to him with a child. Additionally what will the impact be on their child, if it's father's life is an endless cycle  of periods of depression and withdrawal? 

I find it so funny, the constant talk about their deceased father and how proud he would be of them. Yet everything they've said about him seems to show a person who would be mortified by what they've become. 

• Love 7

Do we know exactly why the K sisters began hating Chyna, since Kylie was the one who "stole" Tyga in the first place?

I could understand if the situation was reversed and them hating Chyna for stealing Tyga from Kylie. It's beyond immature that a bunch of 30-ish year old women would band together and further dump all over Chyna (publicly) in defense (offense, really) of their teenage sister.

• Love 2

But she's their sister!!!! and family is everything!! That's they way they were raised. 

Kim admitted that she dumped Chyna as a friend, when Kylie started seeing Tyga. 

Kourtney at least seems the most accepting of her. And honest about why Chyna might have issues with Kylie. 

They all just over look the fact that Kylie was underage. Just like they rarely mentioned that Kim was married to Kris Humphries  while pregnant with North. If there are negative comments, it's all from haters.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Do we know exactly why the K sisters began hating Chyna, since Kylie was the one who "stole" Tyga in the first place?

I could understand if the situation was reversed and them hating Chyna for stealing Tyga from Kylie. It's beyond immature that a bunch of 30-ish year old women would band together and further dump all over Chyna (publicly) in defense (offense, really) of their teenage sister.

I still don’t see how 14-year-old Kylie “stole” grown man Tyga from Chyna unless she kidnapped him at gunpoint.  Tyga is the real villain in this piece because he groomed and seduced an underage, insecure, misguided girl while dumping his pregnant stripper girlfriend. Kylie’s family and Chyna should have banded together against him as the lowlife that he is instead of fighting among themselves. Chyna has long since forgiven Tyga but then provocatively posted that face-slapping emoji that she fully intended to represent Kylie. And as for her “friendship” with Kim, I think that was just based on both of them getting publicity by posing together to show off their grotesquely enhanced asses. At any rate, cunning Chyna has gotten the best revenge, as she will soon be Mrs. Angela Kardashian, the mother of the one and only true Kardashian heir, and new reality TV star, while still-clueless Kylie is stuck bailing out loser-user Tyga.

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, Veronique Bette said:

I still don’t see how 14-year-old Kylie “stole” grown man Tyga from Chyna unless she kidnapped him at gunpoint.  Tyga is the real villain in this piece because he groomed and seduced an underage, insecure, misguided girl while dumping his pregnant stripper girlfriend. Kylie’s family and Chyna should have banded together against him as the lowlife that he is instead of fighting among themselves. Chyna has long since forgiven Tyga but then provocatively posted that face-slapping emoji that she fully intended to represent Kylie. And as for her “friendship” with Kim, I think that was just based on both of them getting publicity by posing together to show off their grotesquely enhanced asses. At any rate, cunning Chyna has gotten the best revenge, as she will soon be Mrs. Angela Kardashian, the mother of the one and only true Kardashian heir, and new reality TV star, while still-clueless Kylie is stuck bailing out loser-user Tyga.

My hope is that Kylie is smart enough NOT to get

knocked up. 

Kim's only interest in this whole storyline is to keep a happy face on in public. She's a phony through and through.  As long as Rob and Chyna are a "couple" she'll be chummy with her. Once it's over, she'll drop her again. Fake friend!! 

• Love 5
16 hours ago, iwasish said:

Too bad Chyna didn't realize that before she and Rob decided to have a child.  

THIS!! X 400thousand gazillion. 

Chyna acting like she's at the cool kids' table is because her 'relationship' is purely by design kompletely kalkulated and IMHO has nothing to do with love and everything to do with business and climbing on that money train 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Oh, she realized it, she was counting on it. Have a baby with a wealthy unstable person, get sole custody, keep the child support checks coming in.

I agree that she planned it. Rob is too adamant that it was his idea, that he convinced her to have a baby. His way of keeping the peace in the family. Once it's over, I wonder if he'll do to her what he did to Rita Ora, trash her publicly or do what he did to Adrienne and inundate her with calls and texts and stalking.

But.....

You think Kris will let her have control over the only male Kardashian grandchild? I can easily see a threatened custody battle, solved by a $$$$$$ settlement, giving Chyna "liberal visitation". But she won't be invited to Sunday dinner or the several annual family vacays. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Kylie & BC got into a very public feud on Instagram, it was kind of ridiculous.

1 hour ago, iwasish said:

You think Kris will let her have control over the only male Kardashian grandchild?

You're forgetting about Mason, Reign, & Saint.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, GaT said:

You're forgetting about Mason, Reign, & Saint.

I think the point is that none of the other grandkids actually carry the Kardashian name, Mason and Reign Disick and Saint West.  So they aren't technically marching the Kardashian name forward.  And let's be honest, Kris values that name over literally everything else to the point when she was going to change her married name to her exes name while still married! 

• Love 5