Type keyword(s) to search

Tori & Company In The Media

Sigh....assuming she is pregnant....we called it here first as soon as we knew about Beau, since she has babies in pairs. 

As for Tori being pregnant and jail - Can Tori and Dean really go to jail over their financial issues? It's not like they ran a Ponzi scheme or something. They just can't pay their bills and keep spending, which a lot of people do until they have to file bankruptcy, etc. I could see Dean going to jail for not paying child support, but could they really go to jail for not paying American Express and their creditors? 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 4
On 1/2/2018 at 2:28 PM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Sigh....assuming she is pregnant....we called it here first as soon as we knew about Beau, since she has babies in pairs. 

As for Tori being pregnant and jail - Can Tori and Dean really go to jail over their financial issues? It's not like they ran a Ponzi scheme or something. They just can't pay their bills and keep spending, which a lot of people do until they have to file bankruptcy, etc. I could see Dean going to jail for not paying child support, but could they really go to jail for not paying American Express and their creditors? 

I'm hoping someone who understands more about this topic can pipe in. I do think Dean could go over child support but as for their other debts, I don't know if they could get real jail time over it. 

• Love 1

Ok, the obvious question one more time: how do they live financially - pay their bills with 6 kids? The two of them are really not working at all. Except for a few assumingly paid magazine stories, Tori's recent psychic hotline commercial (obvious desperate for $$$ gig).   

It's got to be Candy money. Or wonder if there was a trust fund clause in Aaron's will: i.e. all the grand-heirs have a stipend from birth? Tori and her brother hit a certain age (40 something) and more money kicks in? ( I know a trust fund baby family where this was the case.)

So I googled her brother Randy Spelling, and it comes up that he is still a "life coach". Married still since 2010 with two kids. So maybe, just maybe, he is also riding the trust fund time line train? No need to work as certain Aaron will monies kick in at certain ages? Money to the grand heirs?

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 2

Randy lives much more simply in Oregon, I think?  He is doing fine.  He doesn't do what Tori does...live in a glamorous mansion and overspend and have 6 kids.  He has been featured on some random shows, and he has his stuff together.  Nothing like Tori.  He lives a normal life and most likely lives according to his means.

• Love 6

I’m watching the Reelz special now.  Tori is pregnant again?!!

Randy lives a “normal” life with his wife and kids. He probably took his $800k invested some, and bought a place to live. Between the two incomes they are not worried about paying the bills but aren’t trying to keep up with the lifestyle he had when he was younger.

As far as Tori-I heard Candy pays the rent and the kids school tuition- that’s it. Everything else is from the hustle (appearances, instagram hits etc). 

• Love 4

There are no longer any laws that allow imprisonment for nonpayment of debt in the US.  Debtor's prison was abolished years ago, however, you may be placed in jail for somethings like contempt if you violate a court order and can't explain why you did it to the judge's satisfaction.  Like, if you truly don't have the child support money and truly had no way to get it, it's supposed to excuse you being held in contempt.  It's up to the judge if they believe the story.  Another possibility is tax evasion, but, that's  a federal crime. 

I sure hope the rumor about Tori is not true.  One of these days and her luck is going to run out. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
On 12/4/2017 at 6:09 PM, LemonSoda said:

Hattie had diaper rash and they had taken a bath together. The Mother of a kid he attends school with asked how he likes his new little sister. He told the woman I like her but don't like when her pussy gets red. 

I get that kids say funny things sometimes but this should not have been put in a book or repeated. 

what??!! that is beyond inappropriate! disgusting. i'm sure the kids are gonna love being reminded of that by their friends or even just reading it again when they get older. wtf? tori. i usually like you despite staying with a loser of a husband and having way too many kids. your son should not have been taught by you to use the term "pussy" and putting that little anecdote in print was vile.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, msrachelj said:

what??!! that is beyond inappropriate! disgusting. i'm sure the kids are gonna love being reminded of that by their friends or even just reading it again when they get older. wtf? tori. i usually like you despite staying with a loser of a husband and having way too many kids. your son should not have been taught by you to use the term "pussy" and putting that little anecdote in print was vile.

The sad thing is Tori has some good qualities and I honestly think that's why I'm repulsed by so much of this behavior. What's the long term price of putting so much out there for a short term paycheck? How much long term damage will the children have to deal with? Even Tori embarrassing herself. While she has the ability to sometimes hilariously poke fun at herself, the last book was embarrassing and desperate. I know a lot of it was supposed to be funny like creeping in Kelly Wearstler's house and wanting to be BFF's with her but it came off creepy and desperate. Then the pussy bit with Liam. 

• Love 4
On 1/13/2018 at 11:15 AM, Scarlett45 said:

I’m watching the Reelz special now.  Tori is pregnant again?!!

Randy lives a “normal” life with his wife and kids. He probably took his $800k invested some, and bought a place to live. Between the two incomes they are not worried about paying the bills but aren’t trying to keep up with the lifestyle he had when he was younger.

As far as Tori-I heard Candy pays the rent and the kids school tuition- that’s it. Everything else is from the hustle (appearances, instagram hits etc). 

i want to know why randy only got $800,000 also. i can see that he did not trust tori with money but why punish the son also. and , couldn't he have set up a trust fund for her and her children overseen by an attorney. something strange with that will.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

i want to know why randy only got $800,000 also. i can see that he did not trust tori with money but why punish the son also. and , couldn't he have set up a trust fund for her and her children overseen by an attorney. something strange with that will.

Probably because Aaron, like a lot of people of that generation, left the majority of his estate to his spouse and a token to his children, with his spouse to decide what to do with her estate when she passes. 

This doesn’t bother me- Aaron loved and financially supported his children well into adulthood, it’s not as if they were so ill or disabled they couldn’t support themselves (that would be a different story). In instances where a parent has actually parented (Fed, clothed, educated their kids etc) an inheritance to a competent adult is a gift. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 17

I remember a line in that movie The Descendants where someone said that they left "enough money to do something, but not enough to do nothing" to their children.  I could see Aaron being old-school enough to believe in that.

• Love 9

That is also a famous Warren Buffett quote.  At one point Randy had a drug problem.  At the time Aaron wrote his will he might have been protecting both of them from themselves.  However, when the kids share both parents most people leave all or almost all to their surviving spouse and only let it flow to the kids after both are gone.

• Love 7

I know it's all speculation but maybe Aaron felt his children had been given the life skills and tools necessary to take care of themselves. I've never understood why so many feel Tori should've received more than she did. I honestly believe if she had inherited fifty million dollars she would still be in the current financial position she's in now. 

• Love 21
28 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

I know it's all speculation but maybe Aaron felt his children had been given the life skills and tools necessary to take care of themselves. I've never understood why so many feel Tori should've received more than she did. I honestly believe if she had inherited fifty million dollars she would still be in the current financial position she's in now. 

Let’s be fair here...she’d have a lot more storage units to pay for, lol.

• Love 12
18 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

I say she'd be faaaaaaar worse than she is now. If she had $50 million, she'd think that she'd have $50 million forever, no matter how much she spent, so she'd spend $50 million over & over & over & over again. It'd be awful to watch that. 

Just sayin', I could easily, happily, joyously live off the interest of $50 million, if anyone wants to leave that to me, & witness a story about someone managing a large inheritance. 

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, nkotb said:

I say she'd be faaaaaaar worse than she is now. If she had $50 million, she'd think that she'd have $50 million forever, no matter how much she spent, so she'd spend $50 million over & over & over & over again. It'd be awful to watch that. 

Just sayin', I could easily, happily, joyously live off the interest of $50 million, if anyone wants to leave that to me, & witness a story about someone managing a large inheritance. 

Yes! If anyone wants to leave me fifty million I'll take it! I would even be happy with the $800,000. 

She would probably be worse off with more money.

• Love 7

So, mystery... Tori has been missing from instagram since late January, and she usually posted regularly.  Apparently Dean is posting twitter updates, but there isn't really any info that acknowledges Tori.  Tori is usually pitching products no matter what, so this is a bit odd.

• Love 5

Hmmm...it's hard to believe they didn't even post anything acknowledging their "love story" on Valentine's Day, but they sure didn't. Dean posted a generic Valentine's Day greeting on Twitter and like @alexa posted, Tori's been off of Instagram for a month...which is weird. Tori also hasn't tweeted since early January. 

Maybe someone should do a welfare check on her. When famewhores stop famewhoring, I tend to get nervous...especially since I doubt that Tori has the insight to think she might want to take a step back from the famewhore circuit and since the Deaner hasn't mentioned her lately. I hope she's well and maybe decided to take a break from social media (which would be....surprising). 

I don't have a Twitter. Does anyone with one want to ask Dean if she's ok?

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 7

Baby Beau's first birthday is coming up real soon. March 2. Surely she will post photos then. How much will she dare to  spend on that party, in light of all the  publicity re the child support arrears?

• Love 3

I was just coming to post about her breakdown. This part didn't make an sense: 

'Bachelor' alum Corinne Olympios -- who was hanging with Tori the night before her possible nervous breakdown -- tells us she thinks Spelling's been overwhelmed with mommyhood struggles, particularly because she got pregnant again immediately after giving birth last year.

Did we know that she was/is pregnant? If Beaeudeen is almost 1, & she immediately got pregnant, she must've miscarried (hope not, how awful), as she'd be showing or have given birth by this point. That might explain the current breakdown, though. Or, she didn't immediately get pregnant, but rather, several months later, & she's shockingly pregnant again. 

ETA: I hate to speculate about a miscarriage, I truly hope that she wasn't pregnant & this was a misquote. 

• Love 3

Yeah....sounds like this Corinne girl just announced Tori's 6th pregnancy for her. I'd go crazy with Deaner as my husband and 5/6 kids....but she chose this in so many ways. I hope her (4 older) kids weren't around when the "breakdown" happened.  How scary for them! 

Dean doesn't seem too concerned: 

http://www.tmz.com/2018/03/01/dean-mcdermott-tori-spelling-mental-breakdown-cops/

I can only imagine how Candy feels about this - her daughter's continuous bad decisions, all these kids, the Deaner, Tori's mental health, etc. Ugh. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, nkotb said:

'Bachelor' alum Corinne Olympios -- who was hanging with Tori the night before her possible nervous breakdown -- tells us she thinks Spelling's been overwhelmed with mommyhood struggles, particularly because she got pregnant again immediately after giving birth last year.

Did we know that she was/is pregnant? If Beaeudeen is almost 1, & she immediately got pregnant, she must've miscarried (hope not, how awful), as she'd be showing or have given birth by this point. That might explain the current breakdown, though. Or, she didn't immediately get pregnant, but rather, several months later, & she's shockingly pregnant again. 

ETA: I hate to speculate about a miscarriage, I truly hope that she wasn't pregnant & this was a misquote. 

I just saw this story & saw the video Corinne posted, & I noticed that Tori was much, much heavier than normal. My first thought was that she just didn't get rid of the baby weight from the last one yet, but I can see that she could be pregnant again. If she is, she probably didn't announce it because she knows how much crap she would take from everyone.

• Love 4
(edited)

How the hell does she even have energy to get pregnant? And why the hell didn’t she tell the doctor to tie her tubes after the birth of Beau? What the hell is wrong with her? Does she want to kill herself?! 

ETA I really hope she isn’t pregnant again. 

Edited by TeslaNewton
  • Love 5

I think there is a misquote in play here. Some "news" sources quote Corinne as saying that T got pregnant right after having the 4th kid and other sources quote her as saying after the 5th kid. 

• Love 2
(edited)

She always says that she likes having kids in pairs, so she wants an even number. The Deaner's kid from his first marriage doesn't count when she does math.

With Tori and any choice at all, big or small, no matter what, you can count on her to make the worst possible decision.

PS Nice use of the passive voice talking about being overwhelmed with five kids and mounting debt; like there is no connection between the two and like these things just happened to them.

Edited by Cosmic Muffin
  • Love 10
48 minutes ago, TeslaNewton said:

Spelling and her husband, 51-year-old Dean McDermott, have also been at odds, fighting over money and the kids, the source claims. According to the source, McDermott had actually left the house for a couple of days for a break, which is why when he came home on Wednesday night, Spelling thought there was a break-in. 

Dean is going to rabbit. He's going to leave her & the kids & get the hell out of Dodge. I wonder if she still has all those storage units? 

• Love 6

I wonder what their fights over money are like. I wish the kids could go live with stable family members, but who wants up to five traumatized kids? Still, I wish the kids could bail, or that they'd start taking them away from these useless parents.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, nkotb said:

This CeleBitchy article explains that Corinne spoke incorrectly.  

[Update: Corinne is confused about Tori's timeline. Tori did have babies ten months apart, but that was six years ago. Her third and fourth children, Hattie and Finn, were born in October, 2011 and then August, 2012.]

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, teapot said:

Tori probs thought this would earn her a spot in a cushy treatment center for awhile, ala Teen Mom OG's Catelynn.

9 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Trying to avoid the hearing with the bank that's suing them? It's been pushed back to June now.

Is it bad that I immediately wondered whether they staged the whole thing to try to get interest for another reality show?

• Love 12
1 hour ago, TheRealT said:

Is it bad that I immediately wondered whether they staged the whole thing to try to get interest for another reality show?

Not at all.  Of course, I still have doubts about that whole cheating scandal ever actually happened, so you might want to take my opinion with a grain of salt. 

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

Not at all.  Of course, I still have doubts about that whole cheating scandal ever actually happened, so you might want to take my opinion with a grain of salt. 

It got people talking about her again, though, didn't it?

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

You are not the only one. There is no way in hell in this day and age that "Emily Goodhand" could sell a story to us weekly and not get doxxed and outed.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Cosmic Muffin said:

I wonder what their fights over money are like. I wish the kids could go live with stable family members, but who wants up to five traumatized kids? Still, I wish the kids could bail, or that they'd start taking them away from these useless parents.

I just hope that they have really amazing, devoted, caring nannies (that obviously Candy would be paying for). 

• Love 5
(edited)

My fear is that this was a ploy to shame Candy into shelling out more money.  While I have seen some of that in comments, I think most people have finally realized Candy could never give her enough to satisfy her and she is a grown woman who shouldn’t be relying on Mom anymore.

I just hope that, whatever this is, it gets their children the help they need.

Edited by Crs97
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Honestly, he should do,just that.

He already ran out on the first kid, so I have to disagree with you. He's the father, he doesn't get to dump them on Tori & go.

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, GaT said:

He already ran out on the first kid, so I have to disagree with you. He's the father, he doesn't get to dump them on Tori & go.

Sadly I think even despite not having a job he's he more stable of the two.

• Love 12
(edited)
On 3/2/2018 at 1:59 PM, Picture It. Sicily said:

You are not the only one. There is no way in hell in this day and age that "Emily Goodhand" could sell a story to us weekly and not get doxxed and outed.

Yeah, you would think they would have at least hired some starving Canadian actress to play the part of Dean's mistress (or hire one of his actual side chicks). But I can totally see Tori being too insecure to go with either of those options. What if the real (or fake) Emily Goodhand was skinnier than her? Or younger? Or prettier? Or less crazy?!?!?

So she came up with the idea of "Emily Goodhand" (thinking the name was clever), a faceless, voiceless slut who could never "pull a Mary Jo" by making media appearances in which she was more attractive, relatable, and sympathetic than Tori. No one would be taking "Emily Goodhand's" side over Tori's! No way!

Dean gladly went along because it spared him having to deal with the chick(s) he actually stepped out with or subjecting them to dealing with Tori.

On 3/2/2018 at 2:42 PM, Crs97 said:

My fear is that this was a ploy to shame Candy into shelling out more money.  While I have seen some of that in comments, I think most people have finally realized Candy could never give her enough to satisfy her and she is a grown woman who shouldn’t be relying on Mom anymore.

I just hope that, whatever this is, it gets their children the help they need.

I think pretty much everything T&D do publicly is a ploy to shame Candy into giving them money on some level, consciously or subconsciously. I'm pretty sure that Tori can't let go of the fantasy of "hitting it big" by FINALLY getting Candy to give her her "rightful inheritance," which (in her mind) would provide all the money she needs to live the life she wants/deserves/that Aaron would want her to have. I think she hopes that each additional kid, trip to the hospital, public report of her immense debts, etc., etc. will be the thing that gets Candy to "see the light" and open up the purse strings (In addition to being her plea for help/attention, effort to stay in the public eye/get a new reality show, etc., etc.).

Realistically, what does Tori have going for her at this point? She's trashed her show biz career to the point where she's staging increasingly desperate stunts in hopes of getting a short-run reality show. Her mom pays all of her bills, but refuses to cover anything beyond the basics (which is horrible austerity to Tori, as well as an emotional defeat in failing to coerce Candy into giving her unlimited money). She's in an unhappy marriage in which she feels the need to manipulate her husband into staying with her/doing what she wants in various ways (including having more and more kids). The kids she keeps having to fill her bottomless emotional void are getting older and less pliable, more critical, and less grateful for the crumbs of attention and affection that she throws them between self-involved meltdowns. Crazy as she is, she knows that her best hope for a "big score" is that she'll somehow get her hands on her parents' money.

Edited by TheRealT
  • Love 9