Type keyword(s) to search

Tori & Company In The Media

I'm guessing if they can't pay their debts, they'll do another season of a reality show (if anyone wants them) to make a quick buck. Look for a public Dean cheating scandal in 3...2...1...

• Love 1

They've already signed up for a new reality show about life with the new baby. I'm not sure it makes any difference if they have income, though, since they don't seem to use their income for bills (or taxes). I guess with Candy paying for their basic expenses and the lack of debtors' prison, they have no consequences for not paying their bills. They must prioritize goods and services that they can't get on credit and that Candy won't cover. They don't own anything of value, so they don't have to worry about liens for the most part. They did get screwed when the IRS seized $700K+ from their bank account, but most creditors can't do that. I'm actually surprised they even had that much in savings. If Dean had over $700K in cash, why didn't he pay his $100K child support debt? They must live very much "in the moment" in the sense that until and unless repo men come knocking on their door they don't care. Candy pays for their housing and, presumably, the kids' schooling, reasonable allowances for food, clothing, domestic help, etc., so those things can't be taken away.

• Love 6

The IRS also seized Dean's first child's bank account contents, as well as him not paying child support. I don't care what happens to T & D, but his first child shouldn't be suffering for their ... whatever this is. Poor choices? Selfishness? Mental illness? The other kids shouldn't suffer too, but their grandmother will make sure they're taken care of.

I would be mortified if I were having financial problems and I would do everything I could to clean them up and keep them from happening again. I don't understand why they don't get things under their control. This isn't good press. And I don't think anyone cares about the new baby, or wants another reality show. They can stop having kids if that's why they're doing it.

• Love 6

I know they were shopping around a new reality show for the baby.  Was any network buying it?

Do we know they had $700,000 in their (plus poor Jack's) bank accounts, or did the IRS seize them as partial payment for the $700,000 debt?  I cannot believe they had that much sitting around while they refused to pay bills.  I think the IRS is still ready to collect more.

Candy, if you are reading this, do not help them out again.  This is not your fault.  Even if you were the worst mother alive who taught Tori nothing about budgets, at this point they are responsible for their own bad choices.  Offer to take the kids while they sit in prison or homeless in their car if you have to.  Give her the number of a financial planner or life coach (but if Randy offers tell him to get paid up front).  Don't bail them out; we are counting on you to stop the madness!

• Love 10

I'm dying to know what Candy's will says. I wonder what, if anything she will leave Tori and how it will be doled out. I can't imagine her just leaving her a big lump sum. I think that if she leaves her anything, there will be all kinds if stipulations on it.    And I still say that the minute her will is read and Dean sees that Tori isn't going to get millions, he's gone. I've always thought he was just waiting out Candy because if there's a chance Tori will inherit, he doesn't want to miss out. 

• Love 9

If I was Candy, I would not give them cash or anything like that. I would put aside accounts for all the children to have access to when they either A. enroll in college or B. turned 25. 

If things got bad, I'd drop food off at the house and buy the children reasonably priced clothing (with no tags or receipts!) to make sure their basic needs were covered. But I would not be handing over money or paying bills for these idiots. 

• Love 13

Candy doesn't seem like a stupid lady so I'm willing to bet that she will have stipulations for trusts in her will.  She can leave her grandchildren (Tori's and Randy's) bequests that are in the form of educational trusts, as well as allowances that come out.  Frankly, except for funds used for educational purposes, I would make the kids wait until at least 30, if not 35 so that they will (hopefully) be more mature and be forced to be employed in some way before the big payday.  

Randy seems pretty stable and responsible.  As far as Tori goes, if I were Candy and I was going to leave her anything, I would have the same type of stipulation.  A trust with a trustee in charge of a monthly allowance and receipts necessary for anything above and beyond that allowance.  

If Candy wants to do Tori and Dean any favors, she should spring for them to go to financial counseling. 

• Love 9
On 6/17/2017 at 1:19 PM, suomi said:

These idiot people. How many stories have we read in the last few weeks about their financial situation (I honestly can't remember all of the details), & the first public appearance afterwards is her, with bright purple hair, that she obviously paid to have dyed. Have the decency to at least look a little bit embarrassed about defrauding the government & having everyone know about your tax issues. If you can afford several hundred dollars for that hair (I assume that's a correct $ guess), you could probably pay your damn bills! Maybe you should do that first. 

• Love 6

She is now posting on her instagram about their current family vacation at some resort.  Some people have called her on posting about this while their finances are discussed regularly in the news, others have drank the koolaid and are super nice to her.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Cosmic Muffin said:

Vacation from what? Having babies and not paying their bills? (Not directed at you, alexa)

Cheating. Maybe that's just Dean.

I wonder if she cheats on Dean. She certainly cheated with him, which usually sets the pattern, but I'd actually be kinda surprised if she cheated on him. Man, that Charlie, he dodged a bullet.

• Love 8
(edited)

I know hubby & I looked rough when we had a newborn (let alone 4 other kids 10 & under, too)...BUT DAMN Tori & especially Dean look ROUGH. It's rare to see Tori without a ton of makeup.  They look exhausted. Did Candy not pay for a baby nurse/night nurse for baby #5? (I don't blame her if she didn't.)

No one has actually given them an offer for a new reality show for the new baby, right? 

Dean looks like he hates his life. My bet is he is not a happy camper & will be looking for women, drugs, & booze soon enough (if he isn't already). 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 7

Tori blames her parents for her expensive tastes and inability to manage her money; it will be sweet when her kids turn around and rightly blame her for their money issues.

I do find it intriguing that in her first book Tori went on in some detail about how her parents would throw her over the top birthday parties that were more about them than about her.  She really doesn't see the irony in that she's doing the same to her kids. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, carolinagirl81 said:

Her kid's always look sad and seem to have forced smiles as well as "save me " expressions.

I was thinking the same thing when I was looking at the pictures. The kids smiles never reach their eyes and their smiles seem so fake and forced. 

@henrysmom, I was also thinking about the way Tori complained in her book that she wished her parents had given her simple birthday parties that were Kore about her than them.  The irony is strong. 

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, henrysmom said:

Glad to see their money problems aren't getting them down!  Just keep spending Tori!  And hope Candy hasn't willed all her money to charity.

http://people.com/babies/tori-spelling-son-beau-malachite-nursery-photos/

Not even that cute, & seriously, probably cost more than my mortgage. Upside, I pay my taxes, so I won't lose my house like Baby Beau Ties (that was actually kinda cute) might lose his nursery if Mommy & Daddy don't figure out a way around their tax problems.

These dumbasses make my head hurt! My daughter slept in a room that we slapped a coat of paint on, had a crib from Walmart, had bedding from Amazon, had a 2nd-hand changing table bought from a friend, had a diaper genie bought from a Facebook yard sale site, had some book shelves on sale for $20 each at Menards, had a hand-me-down dresser, & most of her clothes not gifted to us at the shower were & still are from resale shops. She has had no long-term repercussions from such money-pinching, & we could pay our bills. It's not rocket science!

Edited by nkotb
Thought of more thriftiness to share after I posted.
  • Love 4
55 minutes ago, nkotb said:

These dumbasses make my head hurt! My daughter slept in a room that we slapped a coat of paint on, had a crib from Walmart, had bedding from Amazon, had a 2nd-hand changing table bought from a friend, had a diaper genie bought from a Facebook yard sale site, had some book shelves on sale for $20 each at Menards, had a hand-me-down dresser, & most of her clothes not gifted to us at the shower were & still are from resale shops. She has had no long-term repercussions from such money-pinching, & we could pay our bills. It's not rocket science!

You probably chose more soothing colors, too.

• Love 4

First . .  Beau Dean?  It's so redneck. Sorry not sorry.  All it's missing is a hyphen.

That nursery . . . it's like the Emerald City (as @ghoulina pointed out) mated with Izod, puked up nursery gear and it landed in the current Spelling-McDermott manse.  Ugh.  I really dislike gold accents. Not my style.  At all.  To each his or her own but it doesn't feel warm and it doesn't feel like a child's room. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

That nursery is fugly as hell. I feel like I'm in The Emerald City. 

But but the malachite "inspires my creative and positive energy!" LMFAO  Yeah....postive energy is synonomous with Tori Spelling. The woman is truly delusional.

• Love 2
(edited)

What annoyed me was the article's  description of the antique megaphone.  It was the only thing I was curious about, and it was the only thing I couldn't find in a picture.

Edited by Crs97
Misspelling
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Crs97 said:

What annoyed me was the article's  description of the antique megaphone, it was the only thing I was curios about and it was the only thing I couldn't find in a picture.

How annoying was that??  I looked at the pictures THREE times to find it.

• Love 2

Why can't anyone (cough, cough, people showing off nurseries in magazines, online, etc) seem to observe the rule of not putting things in the crib?  They put all of these bumpers and objects completely ignoring the safety advice for young babies.  I can't believe they haven't just quit selling bumpers entirely.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, akr said:

You probably chose more soothing colors, too.

Ha ha! Yes! Her nursery probably didn't flow as well as Little BeauDean's nursery, but it for sure didn't give her a headache. Sadly, her room was one megaphone short of being in a magazine spread, but again, we pay our taxes & don't have the government breathing down our throats, so we don't need to let everyone know that we can still afford a nursery for our poorly-thought-out-named child. We actually did her walls in blue as well, but more of a robin-egg blue (much softer) than that bright, royal blue she had. Whoever coined "emerald city" for this nursery gets a gold star, that's spot-on. 

Like many of you, I looked for the megaphone 3 times, & I just looked again before posting. Why would you specifically mention that & then not show it?? 

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm still just trying to understand why there's what appears to be a drink cart in a baby nursery? 

Good call. But, let's face it...

1. He's Tori Spelling's & Dean McDermott's son, he's going to need a drink sooner or later.

2. His name is honestly "Beau Dean", he's going to need a drink sooner or later.

3. We all know that Tori is going to be pregnant again soon, if she isn't already (she likes kids-in-pairs), meaning he'll be losing his "the baby" status pretty soon, so he's going to need a drink sooner or later.

4. There is literally dead animal parts hanging on the wall (at least antlers, but even if they're plastic, the thought is that they came from Bambi), so he's going to need a drink sooner or later. Not judging, my family hunts, but we don't hang the mutilated-animal-parts in our nurseries, dining rooms yes, (not my house) but putting them in the nurseries is tacky. YMMV.

5. The bookends are horse-heads, & you know one of the other kids is going to watch "The Godfather", if they haven't already, & one of those bookends will wind up in his already-unsafe crib, so he's going to need a drink sooner or later.

6. "The owls are not what they seem," for my fellow "Twin Peaks" fans (right next to that yuge baby-cam & the sugar canister on the dresser), so he's going to need a drink sooner or later.

7. (This one is trashy, FYI) I'm wondering if Grandpa Aaron's ashes are in that urn on the mini-bar. Sleeping in a room with your Grandpa's ashes, he's going to need a drink sooner or later.

I really hope that no one goes into one of my kids' rooms & makes a list like this...1. Jumbo-sized Pampers' diaper boxes aren't considered decorations, even if they match the decor...

Edited by nkotb
  • Love 19

There's too many delicate things in that room. Glass bottles. Things a baby can break, and really hurt himself. Of course, knowing that this is Tori, the room will probably be totally redecorated before Bodeen can walk. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Exactly.  Besides the awkwardness and general inappropriateness of a drink cart in a baby's nursery, that thing is made primarily of glass.  Glass.  Not exactly the sort of thing you want in a baby's room.

I had noticed that Tori color coordinated herself to the room but I didn't realize poor Bodeen was also color coordinated, between the navy blue suit with green accents and the gold shoes.  Barf. 

The second viewing of the photos almost made me feel queasy with all the green.  Way, WAY too much.  I like the dark blue chair but that's about it. 

And I must be totally unsophisticated because malachite?  That's just poster paint green to me.

Edited by psychoticstate
  • Love 5

the room will probably be totally redecorated before Bodeen can walk. 

Well, I think you've nicknamed the kid for life.

• Love 3

With a barn full of kids and a boat load of bills they could've simply reused their stuff from the last baby, or go the easier route and have the baby sleep with them. I did that, and I didn't even worry with a changing table until the kiddo got a little more mobile. A sling means no stroller and cloth diapers are easy and save money. Yeah I know that wouldn't happen in a thousand years but you don't have to spend bunches of money to take care of a baby. The human race has survived for centuries without gadgets and gear. I'm waiting for Tori to announce baby Beau's baby buddy any day now. 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

And I must be totally unsophisticated because malachite?  That's just poster paint green to me.

Haha, right? And I know some "fancier" terms for colors. But malachite was lost on me. I'd have just called it emerald, maybe. I'd need to look again to be sure, but I don't think that would be good for my health.

17 hours ago, GaT said:

Well, I think you've nicknamed the kid for life.

There's no way I can hear those two names and not put them together. Tori should have thought of this. 

• Love 2

That room is horrifically ugly and profoundly stuffy for a nursery--where are the toys, the bright colors, the natural light?  I feel like the air should be choked with cigar smoke and dust.  Why decorate a child's room with stuff they can't even touch/interact with safely? 

• Love 6
(edited)

Tori has no idea that this room is inappropriate for a baby. She doesn't/didn't interact with her kids when they were babies a lot unless there were cameras around. She had baby nurses for them and nannies...and Dean.  She has over-the-top children's birthday parties to plan, grifting to strategize, and health problems to deal with (to get pills and lock herself in her room away from the kids). 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 4

Just read that Dean is facing jailtime again for being behind on child support. Of course he denies it and says he is paying for his college and apartment and he told his ex it would be late because he had to pay sons security deposit and first and last months rent. Oh, and apparantly people got all over his shit for going on vacay and he was defending it.. lol  These two deserve each other....is she preggo for number 6 yet? 

• Love 7

I think they are just stupid at this point.  They seem like they are fairly nice and normal individuals but then they constantly do dumb stuff like this.  Yes, let's have court cases related to money going on, and then post instagram photos of your expensive vacation!  Why yes, that is so bright of you!  They may be Hollywood, but if you have debt as high as they do they are poorer than many people in America.  Those people should be going to the Four Seasons, not Tori and Dean and their huge brood of children.  

• Love 2