Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Do all the foreign fiances come here broke as a joke? It seems the Americans have to pay for everything - the wedding dresses, the rings, the weddings. I'm sure some will vehemently disagree with me, but when someone else is paying for everything, I don't make demands. 

I think there is a lot of emphasis on the American half of the couples' feeling "guilty" that their foreign betrothed "gives up everything to come here," and thus feels obligated to give them everything they desire.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Do all the foreign fiances come here broke as a joke? It seems the Americans have to pay for everything - the wedding dresses, the rings, the weddings. I'm sure some will vehemently disagree with me, but when someone else is paying for everything, I don't make demands. 

Alla brought a dress with her, at least.

Even tho Kentucky is landlocked, I'm sure there are some scenic lakes and man-made beaches nearby. That's common in the Midwest. State parks? They could figure something out for her.

• Love 9

I don't really like Anfisa, but she did let Jorge with a J know exactly what the deal was. He's a fool if he is still pretending that he didn't know. Of COURSE he knew! That's why he lied to her and pretended that he had more money than he actually does. He lied to her. He picked her out on the basis of her physical attraction only, and he basically agreed to purchase her. She hasn't shown him any other characteristics that would be worthwhile and he hasn't asked to see any. She may be a shallow little thing who is willing to trade her body for dresses, but he is every bit as shallow and a male chauvinist to boot.

I really enjoyed watching Anfisa push him off of her in next week's promo. The big desperate slob! (Seriously, she's walking around in $1000 dresses and he's wearing 4x t-shirts.) I just have this thing where I HATE watching affection forced on people who don't want it because at that point it ceases to become anything remotely resembling affection. Even if the object of the mauling has acquiesced in exchange for money or whatever, I still can't stomach it and I have zero respect for the drooling slob who debases himself by indulging in such a thing. (Shoutout to Mark and his fish kisses and Dani as well as Jorge!)

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Virtually Me said:

Thank you for posting that!  I have been thinking it the entire show and wondering why he's doing it and doing it so badly.  In Morocco, there is an excellent hair stylist on every corner.  I have gone there to get my hair done for special occasions because they are so cheap and fabulous.  He must be doing it himself and doing it badly.  There is no reason for his hair to look like that.

I'm spending too much time this season noticing their hair, Dani's odd red color, River's unkempt bush, Mohamed's DIY partial head shaving, Chantal's clip on's, Nicole's lack of a hair style.   It's too much LOL.

Yes, to everything! I'm here for the hair!

Maybe Azan's hair looks bad bc they are travelling and sleeping here and there, trekking thru the desert, etc. Maybe when he's doing his normal routine it looks better? I hope.

Oh yeah, Paola is wearing clip-ins, too. (And Narkiya is wearing a wavy wig/fake bun.)

• Love 3

I don't really like Anfisa, but she did let Jorge with a J know exactly what the deal was. He's a fool if he is still pretending that he didn't know. Of COURSE he knew! That's why he lied to her and pretended that he had more money than he actually does. He lied to her. He picked her out on the basis of her physical attraction only, and he basically agreed to purchase her. She hasn't shown him any other characteristics that would be worthwhile and he hasn't asked to see any. She may be a shallow little thing who is willing to trade her body for dresses, but he is every bit as shallow and a male chauvinist to boot.

I really enjoyed watching Anfisa push him off of her in next week's promo. The big desperate slob! (Seriously, she's walking around in $1000 dresses and he's wearing 4x t-shirts.) I just have this thing where I HATE watching affection forced on people who don't want it because at that point it ceases to become anything remotely resembling affection. Even if the object of the mauling has acquiesced in exchange for money or whatever, I still can't stomach it and I have zero respect for the drooling slob who debases himself by indulging in such a thing. (Shoutout to Mark and his fish kisses and Dani as well as Jorge!)

I enjoy your comments. You're usually spot-on and have a way of cutting to the core. And you're absolutely right: Jorge knew what he was getting himself into. I think he was hoping that she would discover she truly loves him in the 90 days before they got married and that he would be able to deny what he knew was the truth from the start. Now that he's getting toward the end of the 90 days, he's discovering that he cannot hide from the truth and that Anfisa will take every opportunity available to force the truth upon him. While we all foresaw the crashing and burning that (at least) begins next week, I still feel a little bad for him.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I can't stand Anfisa either.  Jorge told a HUGE lie when he said women in America were feminists and that's why he went abroad to find a wife.  The truth is that a woman in America, who looks like Anfisa, probably wouldn't be interested in him.  So he went to some international website, found Anfisa, promised her the sun, the moon and the stars and here she is.  I don't think they should get married.  I think Jorge should take a good, long look at himself and understand that for the most part, like attracts like. 

• Love 6

I'm pretty sure River is younger than Chantel (who is 24) since he said he was so upset he didn't even want to "go to school." I'd even go so far as to say high school since a college student would probably say something about not going to "class." Since her father is actually her step-father, River could be her half brother or step brother (which might explain the unnatural attachment to her.) 

Damn Azan for dashing Nicole's career dream of being promoted to Head Barista at Bradenton Starbucks! 

I also call BS on Nicole's mother for suddenly having a "friend" whose daughter is engaged to a guy in Algeria. How conveeeeeenient! They made it sound like Tonya was so nearby, just across the border. I looked at a map and there don't appear to be many places she could live in Algeria besides Algiers and that's at least 700 miles of desert driving by car or a 4 hour plane ride away. Obviously a producer driver "plant". 

Speaking of Nicole's mother, I couldn't get over how much Nicole looks like her except, of course, her mother's face isn't puffy (but one side of her mouth doesn't move?) 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 3

I feel really bad for Alla. She's been here 75 days at this point in the show and her fiance hasn't got the first damn clue how to make transition any easier on her. Really, he doesn't understand how to be compassionate and empathetic for the woman he claims to love. When it comes to the wedding venue, he should have been the one to sit down and talk to her about what they could and could not afford. It would have made life easier for him in the future if he would have explained what they can afford now and promise her the beach ceremony in the future when they renew their vows. At least she would have understood and she would have appreciated the promise of getting what she dreams of in the future, and it would have kept his mom from looking like the bad guy.

I think the preview from next week says a lot about his character. His friends (or brother) chose to hire one of Matt's ex-wives as the stripper for the bachelor party. The absolute and total crassness/boorishness required to do such a thing staggers the imagination. The fact that he doesn't (appear to) immediately object and counter with either canceling the stripper altogether or absenting himself from the party also staggers the imagination. Someone with whom you've been intimate should not be the stripper at your party! This is not a difficult concept. My wife and I are convinced this is what precipitates the chair-throwing incident they've shown in previous previews earlier in the season. And if I had a friend who hired one of my ex's to come strip for me, I would both leave the party and sever ties with that friend. Someone like that does not have your best interests at heart; they're looking to create trouble for you. And if you've got one ounce of emotional intelligence or care for and have any respect for your partner, you wouldn't tolerate or be part of such shenanigans.

If Alla doesn't marry Matt, it will be entirely Matt's fault: for not manning up and letting his mother do all the dirty work *and* for being friends with people who would engage in such tawdry tactics and allowing himself to be party to such things. Really, Matt is lucky that Alla's sister is half a world away because I can imagine that the events of the bachelor party would constitute just enough excuse for her sister to rightfully lay his ass right out.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, booboopbedoo said:

Is Matt's family paying for the wedding?

After #3 do they REALLY want to even go to the wedding? Taka Alla to the freakin Beach and get married-come home and have a nice reception.

I still think Matt is slow-that stunned cow look on his face.

Agreed.  Except on the "and have a nice reception."  For wedding number 4, burgers on the grill should do just fine.  No one should have to buy a fourth wedding gift to the same loser.

I feel for Alla.  I like her a lot, but she is with a weak man who lets his mom speak for him.

4 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

I think the preview from next week says a lot about his character. His friends (or brother) chose to hire one of Matt's ex-wives as the stripper for the bachelor party. The absolute and total crassness/boorishness required to do such a thing staggers the imagination. 

I think he said that as a joke.

I mean, oh gawd, I hope it was a joke.

Edited by Snewtsie
  • Love 2

Anfisa is my new hero. Is she a horrible person? YES, but she's a brutally honest horrible person. Jorge, this is the chick who deleted your phone info and got super upset that you didn't buy her a purse. Why are you so surprised now? Maybe because it's dawning on you that you are going to look like a fool on television. She hasn't lied. You have. To her, to yourself, to us... She's way more of a "feminist" than countless American women. And why do guys seem so surprised when the chick they met when she was showing off her body in skimpy outfits on social media wants to continue to show off her body in skimpy outfits? Meeting you isn't going to magically turn her into Donna Reed.

Nicole makes my head hurt. And way to try to take a stand for lady rights when we all know that unless Azan has some never before mentioned advanced college degree and bags a super awesome job, you will BOTH be working. Or at least should be.

What was Chantel's big freaking rush to get married? I'm not talking the 90 days imposed by the Visa, but all the time before that. Hey mommy and daddy, I have met a man who lives in the Dominican Republic who I really like. In fact, I might love him. We're talking about marriage. I want you to get to know him before he comes here. That's the adult way to handle all this nonsense so you don't end up lying like a toddler to everyone and crushing River's delicate world view. (Someone said he might be the only other sibling, not true. In like the first episode we saw her sister Winter(?)). P.S. the commercial for next week made me giggle. Aren't pre-nups designed for people who have more to protect than a studio apartment and a "job" as a cheerleading coach in your family business?

• Love 5
  2 hours ago, booboopbedoo said:

Is Matt's family paying for the wedding?

After #3 do they REALLY want to even go to the wedding? Taka Alla to the freakin Beach and get married-come home and have a nice reception.

I still think Matt is slow-that stunned cow look on his face.

Agreed.  Except on the "and have a nice reception."  For wedding number 4, burgers on the grill should do just fine.  No one should have to buy a fourth wedding gift to the same loser.

I feel for Alla.  I like her a lot, but she is with a weak man who lets his mom speak for him.

7 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

I think the preview from next week says a lot about his character. His friends (or brother) chose to hire one of Matt's ex-wives as the stripper for the bachelor party. The absolute and total crassness/boorishness required to do such a thing staggers the imagination. 

I think he said that as a joke.

I mean, oh gawd, I hope it was a joke.

I don't think it was a joke based on his reactions when the stripper was grinding up against him. It would be nice if it turns out to be joke. If it does, then it means Alla has a problem with Matt having a stripper at his bachelor party altogether. And I find that a reasonable position. I rejected having a stripper at mine and put my future brothers-in-law on notice immediately that there was not to be a stripper at the party. Period. In Alla's case, I think her negative reaction to such an event is even more justified given the lack of trust Matt has afforded her when she wanted to go out. And then he has a stripper at his bachelor party? Yeah, completely out of bounds.

• Love 9

I'm pretty sure River is younger than Chantel (who is 24) since he said he was so upset he didn't even want to "go to school." I'd even go so far as to say high school since a college student would probably say something about not going to "class." Since her father is actually her step-father, River could be her half brother or step brother (which might explain the unnatural attachment to her.) 

Damn Azan for dashing Nicole's career dream of being promoted to Head Barista at Bradenton Starbucks! 

I also call BS on Nicole's mother for suddenly having a "friend" whose daughter is engaged to a guy in Algeria. How conveeeeeenient! They made it sound like Tonya was so nearby, just across the border. I looked at a map and there don't appear to be many places she could live in Algeria besides Algiers and that's at least 700 miles of desert driving by car or a 4 hour plane ride away. Obviously a producer driver "plant". 

Speaking of Nicole's mother, I couldn't get over how much Nicole looks like her except, of course, her mother's face isn't puffy (but one side of her mouth doesn't move?) 

When it comes to one side of her mother's mouth not moving, it seems pretty clear she's had a stroke in the past. If you look at her face, her left eyelid is droopy, her left cheek is not symmetrical with her right, and the left side of her mouth doesn't move and is non-expressive. These are indicators of someone who's had a stroke in the past. Thankfully for her family, she survived it. Hopefully, people on the Internet aren't going to be too hard on her for this. It's not like she has any control over it.

• Love 10

I just looked at the "Touch of Elegance" website and the cheapest package will cost $30 a head. There's a charge for having the ceremony also. Did they mention how many people? Even at as few as 50 people, the bill would be over  to 2K, once you add in tax and gratutity and ceremony charge. For 2K, Matt and Alla can take a nice vacation to the beach, then come home and have a party at Matt's house. I don't understand the need to have wedding with all the trimmings for marriage #4. If I was a potential guest, I'd be damn glad not to get invited to another of Matt's weddings. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 5
  50 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I can't stand Anfisa either.  Jorge told a HUGE lie when he said women in America were feminists and that's why he went abroad to find a wife.  The truth is that a woman in America, who looks like Anfisa, probably wouldn't be interested in him.  So he went to some international website, found Anfisa, promised her the sun, the moon and the stars and here she is.  I don't think they should get married.  I think Jorge should take a good, long look at himself and understand that for the most part, like attracts like. 

Yeah, I really hate that lame excuse of "I can't find an American woman to marry because they're all FEMINISTS!" Whatever. If you treated women well and were respectful of them as human beings, you'd find there are plenty of American women to date - even if some of those happen to be feminists. That lame ass excuse is just code for "I can't find anyone who will acquiesce to my every demand and not require anything more of me than I am currently willing to give." What Jorge really should do is just get a sex doll because that's his "perfect woman". Of course, Anfisa is an animated sex doll and, as such, has demands he must meet in order for her to be willing to fulfill the "sex doll" portion of their arrangement. I'm really glad that Anfisa is becoming less willing to compromise because it's forcing him to face and accept reality.

And if Jorge would hit the gym a little and expand his interests, it would make it a lot easier to meet women and potentially find a wife. Maybe he should check out Events And Adventures. He's certainly got the money to do that.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I think there is a lot of emphasis on the American half of the couples' feeling "guilty" that their foreign betrothed "gives up everything to come here," and thus feels obligated to give them everything they desire.

12 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

When it comes to one side of her mother's mouth not moving, it seems pretty clear she's had a stroke in the past. If you look at her face, her left eyelid is droopy, her left cheek is not symmetrical with her right, and the left side of her mouth doesn't move and is non-expressive. These are indicators of someone who's had a stroke in the past. Thankfully for her family, she survived it. Hopefully, people on the Internet aren't going to be too hard on her for this. It's not like she has any control over it.

This is another red flag to Nicole that she needs to get her health in check.  Panting and nearly "passing out" walking up a desert hill because exercise "isn't your thing"- in  your early 20s is NOT ok and she could be heading down the same path as Mom.  If her mom did indeed have a stroke, she can't be much older than perhaps 50- and that could mean some bad genetics in the wings for Nicole (in addition to her unwillingness to eat well, exercise or otherwise take care of herself).

• Love 3
2 hours ago, greekmom said:

Right now on the douche scale, Matt is just below Mark from last season. Mark at least gave Nikki a beach wedding despite it being his 2nd marriage.  I am thinking Alla wanted a love match but as soon as green card is obtained and sister is over to the States side, Matt will be hunting online for wife #5.

Why is his mom even planning the wedding ?   Geez, does she still wipe Matt's ass too?   What do you all wanna bet she will sing at the wedding?

DON'T marry this loser.

• Love 6
  2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Yeah, but what I can't understand is how people like Chantel and Danielle are able to get their fiancee's approved for these visas since they clearly do not have the financial means to support them once they are here, which is something I know is required for the fiancee to move here permanently.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Miss Chevious said:

Nicole's fashion choices continue to amuse. That tie dye t-shirt was awful. Looked like a blender accident with a smoothie. 

Has Nicole really thought all this through? She talks like she can't wait to get Azan to America, then once he gets here, he's going to magically turn into the boyfriend/husband SHE wants. Which is her idealized version of an Arabian prince. Then she'll feel betrayed when she finds out it doesn't work that way. 

Even her mother and sister acted like they just wanted her to get this latest failed social experiment  out of her system and come home already.

Her vision of him is very common in the west.  Such unions often fail because the importer sees the imported spouse as more of an exotic acquisition, a trophy, rather than a fully formed human being with preferences and attitudes of their own.  Women like Nicole are too intellectually lazy to deal with the kind of change and compromise that it takes to allow another culture into their limited paradigms.  Nic is on an all expenses paid dream vacay in Morocco with an Arabian prince; she is not there to seriously consider whether she and Azan are truly compatible (they aren't).  I pray they part and don't continue their relationship.  It would fail and fail epically.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, balisticnikki said:

Alla brought a dress with her, at least.

Even tho Kentucky is landlocked, I'm sure there are some scenic lakes and man-made beaches nearby. That's common in the Midwest. State parks? They could figure something out for her.

That dress was gorgeous on her! I bet I'm not the only one who was relieved that it had no fur. :)

And seriously, she says she'd like the beach at sunset, maybe in Florida, and Matt's mom keeps talking about tropical islands. There is surely a way to compromise here. A lake like you said, or depending on where they are in Kentucky, they could have even hit a beach in southern Alabama. Or the Florida panhandle like someone mentioned. She wasn't asking for a destination wedding in the Bahamas. She asked for a beach at sunset. Matt should be able to stand up to Mommy, and have this discussion with his fiance to see if a compromise could be reached. 

Poor Alla is just so sweet and desperate for female family relationships that she let them steamroll her. We don't know if she came with any money, and if she didn't I assume Matt is paying the freight and should be the one making decisions with Alla. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Because guys have to have their fun, you know.   Alla can't go out with a girlfriend for a drink and some dancing, but he can have strippers at his bachelor party.   This is Matt's FOURTH wedding.   I think he is past blow out bachelor party's.

As for Nicole, of course they didn't discuss important things like religion and whether or not she would work after the marriage.   Their conversations went like this:

N:  Oh Azan you are so hot.  I love you.

A:  thank you.

N:  Tell me you love me too.

A.   Nicole we need to talk about each other, what do you like to do?

N:   Tell me you love me too.

A:   Do you go to school or work?

N:  Tell me you love me too.

A:  Honey, we need to talk about important things.

N:   WAAAAAHHHHH, you don't love me.   You don't think I'm important.   WAAAAAAHHHH.

I believe there was a lot less talking than that, if you get my drift.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

I just looked at the "Touch of Elegance" website and the cheapest package will cost $30 a head. There's a charge for having the ceremony also. Did they mention how many people? Even at as few as 50 people, the bill would be over  to 2K, once you add in tax and gratutity and ceremony charge. For 2K, Matt and Alla can take a nice vacation to the beach, then come home and have a party at Matt's house. I don't understand the need to have wedding with all the trimmings for marriage #4. If I was a potential guest, I'd be damn glad not to get invited to another of Matt's weddings. 

So easy to drive to a beach and give Alla what she wants! They just don't want to do it!

53 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I started wondering... what's the portmanteau for Narkyia and Olulowo? Any thoughts? How about Narklowo?

Oluyia?

49 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:
1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

SO easy to give her what she wants! Give Alla a white sand beach wedding! Stay in cheap hotels. Bring the family down and spare the friends who have already seen him get married enough. Beautiful! I think they just don't want to do it.

Bring the family down. That's what I meant to type.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Azan - I think he genuinely cares for Nicole, and if he had his druthers he'd move her to Morocco. A little off topic - but it's a really bad idea for any very Caucasian woman (red/blonde hair) to walk around in the streets of a Muslim country with their hair uncovered and their shoulders bare. The men will spit on and throw rocks at you. I can't imagine the producers (who paid for this trip) didn't give her a primer on how to behave while there. No way she couldn't have known the mosque was off limits.

Perhaps that's true in the small villages, but, most of Morocco isn't like that.  The scene where Azan tells her that Moroccan women stay home and don't go to mosque is so contrived.  Neither is true.  I own a home in Agadir (part of the show was filmed there), have family there and attend mosque on occasion.  It's heavily influenced by the west and women work in nearly every venue, very much like you see in the US.  There are a lot of foreigners and natives in the larger cities who prefer western dress. 

Edited by Virtually Me
  • Love 10
  3 hours ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Azan - I think he genuinely cares for Nicole, and if he had his druthers he'd move her to Morocco. A little off topic - but it's a really bad idea for any very Caucasian woman (red/blonde hair) to walk around in the streets of a Muslim country with their hair uncovered and their shoulders bare. The men will spit on and throw rocks at you. I can't imagine the producers (who paid for this trip) didn't give her a primer on how to behave while there. No way she couldn't have known the mosque was off limits.

Perhaps that's true in the small villages, but, most of Morocco isn't like that.  The scene where Azan tells her that Moroccan women stay home and don't go to mosque is so contrived.  Neither is true.  I own a home in Agadir (part of the show was filmed there), have family there and attend mosque on occasion.  It's heavily influenced by the west and women work in nearly every venue, very much like you see in the US.  There are a lot of foreigners and natives in the larger cities who prefer western dress. 

You know, watching the segments on Azan and Nicole made my wife and I really want to visit Morocco. I'm not sure we'll ever get around to it, but it's now firmly cemented in my mind as a desirable vacation destination - even if we only go there one time.

• Love 6

Once again Anfisa cracks me up.  Loved when Jorge is describing their relationship as something like growing/loving each other each day and Anfisa sits stonefaced.  Jorge reeled Anfisa in with the promise of material things.  Now she's on the hook and wants him to pony up.  Only now he wants to change the rules and make the relationship all about love.   I dont feel sorry for him one bit.    She doesnt love him and has told him that.  

Why does Matt's mom have so much say in her son's wedding  Hasnt she had like 3 of them to plan already.  They cant get married on the beach cause Matt married his 3rd wife on the beach.  What happens if Alla wants kids?  Can they not have them cause Matt's mom doesnt approve?  Red flag city.  

Someone needs to get Nicole the book "Marrying a Muslim for Dummies."  

• Love 7

Once again Anfisa cracks me up.  Loved when Jorge is describing their relationship as something like growing/loving each other each day and Anfisa sits stonefaced.  Jorge reeled Anfisa in with the promise of material things.  Now she's on the hook and wants him to pony up.  Only now he wants to change the rules and make the relationship all about love.   I dont feel sorry for him one bit.    She doesnt love him and has told him that.  

Why does Matt's mom have so much say in her son's wedding  Hasnt she had like 3 of them to plan already.  They cant get married on the beach cause Matt married his 3rd wife on the beach.  What happens if Alla wants kids?  Can they not have them cause Matt's mom doesnt approve?  Red flag city.  

Someone needs to get Nicole the book "Marrying a Muslim for Dummies."  

I loved Anfisa's side eyes looking away from Jorge during that segment! So telling. She's thinking "Don't you dare ask me what I think of what he just said!" and "Are you crazy? Do you really think I would fall in love with someone like HIM?!?'

As for Matt, I'll agree this is all red flags for Alla. At the same time, if she clues into the fact that she's marrying a very weak man, she could well turn that in her favor and dominate him. And if she's smart, she'll be able to dominate him without him fully realizing it. (And I believe she's smart enough to do this. I just don't think she's duplicitous enough.) Also, don't blame Mery's level of involvement in all this on Mery; it's all Matt's fault because he's a puss and refuses to step up.

As for Nicole, we need to start at a more basic level with her: "Marrying for Dummies". And that's assuming she's advanced enough to skip "Adulting for Dummies". I'm not sure she's that advanced.

• Love 14
56 minutes ago, Virtually Me said:

I thought women were allowed in the Mosque, as long as they stayed in the back. At least that is what a converted Muslim woman I used to know had told me, years back. is that true?

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I thought women were allowed in the Mosque, as long as they stayed in the back. At least that is what a converted Muslim woman I used to know had told me, years back. is that true?

Different mosques have different rules, but, it's common for women and men to be separated at mosque.

• Love 1

Anfisa is my new hero. Is she a horrible person? YES, but she's a brutally honest horrible person.

I can't go along with this... she's a despicable, greedy and cruel user- honest or not, she's taking advantage of some real flaw in Jorge's personality- the fact that he relishes her contempt and mistreatment screams "psychiatric disorder."  Honest or not, Anfisa couldn't care less if he got run down by a bus tonight.

Edited by Drogo
EDITED BY MOD: Quote formatting.
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't even think this is true either.  There are plenty of American women just as mercenary as Anfisa willing to overlook a man's looks and age in exchange for a man of means. Plus they probably wouldn't treat him any worse than Anfisa has on screen and they might even be able to boil water. He just wanted a foreign 'exotic' bride and all that implied to him.

I may need to have my glasses prescription updated but Nicole looked a little slimmer her last days in Morocco than when she 1st arrived. Not a huge amount, maybe a 10-15 lbs. Perhaps all that walking, lack of all her favorite fried foods and eating a veggie or two were the reason. 

I completely missed the part about Matt's stripper possible being his ex-wife (joke or not).

• Love 1

Let's get organized here:

We all agree that Mark is an ass and does not deserve Alla.  Anfisa should be paired with Mark as she wants money and be on the cover of magazines.  She could pursue her porn-bound career during the day and fleece Mark and leave him broke in less than a year.  Women like Anfisa use their bodies to entertain men and map their next step.   The problem with Anfisa is that she has nothing going for her.   Her body may be OK, in comparison to general population, but in the company of real models, Anfisa wouldn't go past being the receptionist.

Alla should be with Jorge under an open and mutually beneficial arrangement.  Alla has a child and can get a part time job or not work at all and take her of the kid and of Jorge (another kid)  Jorge wants a stay at home wife.  Jorge can also use a strong will friend and Alla strikes me as a no-bullshit person.  I really like her and wish her well.  Jorge needs a lot of growing up to do.

I thought that Alla/Jorge should hire Nicole so she could babysit, but Nicole is such a poor excuse of a mother to her own child that nobody would hire her as a sitter.

Azan and Pedro have a little bit of common sense and won't last 6 months with Nicole and Chantal.  They should should stay in their countries and asked to be sponsored under H1B work visas.  Of course, they must first decide what they want to do with their lives and work towards that.   One thing I have noticed with these shows is that people leave their native countries and their adult lives and when they arrive, they have no idea of what they want from life.   If you are ready to get married, you should have enough common sense to have at least a general idea of what you want.   Of these group, the only only one that has mentioned work aspirations is Anfisa and something tells me she doesn't want to make a career out of this (the way someone says I want to work with computers....or in construction) but because she has serious self esteem and poor confidence issues, that she thinks that being "famous" is going to ail her of those problems.   

p.s.:  River (Chantal nappy headed brother) should go to therapy to work on his incestuous instincts.  It's early enough in his life, he can work that out.  I still don't know how their parents (who seem to have their shit together and seem normal) produced such fucked up kids.

p.p.s.:  I'm leaving the big black girl and her Nigerian scam artist prince out because they are insignificant and everyone knows how that pair will end.   

• Love 4

This is my question. I seem to remember Nicole proudly stating "she lives on her own" in the first episode. I think it's also been established that she's a barista at a local Starbucks. Assuming no college degree? She's never mentioned as currently pursuing more education as well either? 

She's also a single mother courtesy of her last "Internet Love of Her Life" who apparently dumped her shortly after she went to Texas to "live happily ever after". 

So who's paying her rent, child care and funded her five-week trip to Morocco? Starbucks doesn't cover that. Her parents? They must be out of their minds. Are they fondly anticipating another child to support?No wonder she acts as entitled as she does. She's got the attitude but not the goods (intellectually, physically or financially) so to speak.

Speaking of attitude with not quite the goods (way more than Nicole though) Anfisa still makes me howl (still needs to avoid the profile shots). Does George (since they apparently don't know how Jorge is pronounced) think that by constantly addressing her as "my love" he's going to make that happen? IMO he's a mysonigystic schlub that gets everything that's coming to him.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, SuzyLee said:

I feel deeply sorry for Alla.  Matt is beyond schmucky.  I don't what sort of act he put on before she arrived in America that convinced her that he was a fully-realized grown man worth marrying.  Her comment last week about this country being a source of opportunities for her and her son was a bit of a red flag, but at this point, I don't blame her.  Get what you can, girlfriend.

Jorge deserves everything that's coming to him if he doesn't send Madame Moneybags back home on the next plane.  Anfisa-who-is-absolutely-not-20 is so bold and plain-spoken in her disdain for Jorge that it's hard to dislike her, quite frankly.  He is either a glutton for punishment or he truly can't find any other girl whatsoever in this country.  Like, no one.

I don't care one bit about Azan or Nicole.  The only person who matters in that absurd scenario is her tiny child who was left at home with relatives for more than a month.  Nicole needs to get her ass home to handle her responsibilities.  I still can't get my mind around the fact that she willingly left that baby for five weeks.  That's a long time in the development of a child that young and you don't get those days back, not that Nicole gives a crap.

As for Chantal, Kid of 1990's Kid 'n Play fame seriously needs to back down on the scorned lover act.  That's how he comes across.  I totally understand that he's pissed off at the notion of his sister marrying a guy who fits the stereotypical mold of someone who's only interested in her to gain citizenship, but seriously.  It's her life and she's a grown woman.  Half my life ago, when I turned 21, I eloped with (well, let's call him what he was/is) an opportunistic, jobless, druggie manwhore.  My parents were beyond upset, but at a certain point, my family took a hands-off approach and hoped I would eventually come to my senses (three years later, I did).  They basically chose to keep the peace in the interest of maintaining a relationship with my immature ass, something I'm deeply grateful for 20 years later because I know how difficult it was.  As for my brother, he was disappointed that I was making such a terrible decision, but he didn't act like I was cheating on him.  Kid needs to get a grip.  Chantal is the one who should be blamed.  I love the preview clip for next week where Pedro says, "They don't trust Pedro because of you."  Preach it, Pedro.

At this point, I'm doubtful that any of these yahoos will actually get married.

I grew up in a Czech Catholic close knit family. We always referred to our parents as Mommy and Daddy, even as adults.  Not in a creepy way....when we would talk to them directly, it was "Mom" and "Dad", but for some reason, when referring "to" them in talks with sibs, it was always "Mommy" and "Daddy".   We're all pretty sane.

• Love 4

"This is my question. I seem to remember Nicole proudly stating "she lives on her own" in the first episode. I think it's also been established that she's a barista at a local Starbucks. Assuming no college degree? She's never mentioned as currently pursuing more education as well either?"

(... is anyone having difficulty with the quote function?)

My guess is that Nicole is living the dream of receiving public assistance, family help to care frequently for her daughter, with the hope always just around the corner of a far-away Prince to take her away from it all.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

$2,000 for a wedding reception for fifty people ($4,000 for a hundred) is actually very cheap for a wedding these days.  Weddings usually run up into the tens of thousands.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Paired with the preview for next week where Chantel's parents push for a prenup, I'm starting to believe she has traumatic brain injury from a car accident and has a little settlement money put aside.  Her whole family, little brother included, are treating her like she's incapable of sound decision making.

YES! I was wondering about that. I thought she was a cheerleader (or coach) and a nursing student. Just what does she have that she needs a prenup? An estra stethoscope? The only thing I can see is a potential share in her parents' estate and that can be fixed by a few lines in their will.

• Love 7

I could see the logic in a a prenup coming from Matt -- or Matt's mother -- since their family has a couple of dollars and he is part of management of that company.

With Chantel they only way a prenup makes sense is if it has been suggested by the producers of the show in a pathetic attempt to add something to her story line, which at this point seems empty.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

I don't know if River is younger than Chantel (probably) he seems like he may have grown up in her shadow and now that she's the one screwing up, he's piling it on.

I missed the first episode so I don't know Alla's background in Ukraine, but she might have a completely unrealistic idea of American life, like a lot of non Americans - like we're all Kardashians who can just throw our families on a private plane and jet off to a destination wedding. She also may not get that by your 4th wedding most of your family & friends don't really give a crap so you'd be lucky if they showed up for cake & a quickee church ceremony. As far as Matt's Mom - I wonder how many of Matt's previous marriages she strangled to death with her apron strings.

Anfisa is ridiculous but she's right. Jorge knows he can't get a better looking girlfriend if it weren't for his bank account, and he never would have swiped right on Anfisa if she weighed 50 lbs more. If your dating strategy revolves around using wads of cash and expensive gifts to lure women, you can't turn around later and complain that you hooked a gold-digger. Jorge got exaaaaactly what he wished for.

I kind of think that the way Nicole throws side glances toward the camera, that she's taking cues from them, or something.

3 hours ago, MrSmith said:

Actually, it seems like Bell's Palsy. I knew someone that had it, and it's only on one side of the face. Wouldn't a stroke be down the whole left side of the body, not just the face?

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

I grew up in a Czech Catholic close knit family. We always referred to our parents as Mommy and Daddy, even as adults.  Not in a creepy way....when we would talk to them directly, it was "Mom" and "Dad", but for some reason, when referring "to" them in talks with sibs, it was always "Mommy" and "Daddy".   We're all pretty sane.

??  I didn't mention the whole "Mommy and Daddy" versus "Mom and Dad" thing.  I don't think it's that weird.  Every family is different. 

Bell's palsy is an acute event and usually a bit more dramatic than we see in Nicole's mother. I just looked at a clip from when she took Nicole to the airport and it looks primarily limited to her mouth. Could be a nerve injury. Strokes don't always affect the entire side of the body; some people just have weakness in a leg or hand.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, SuzyLee said:

??  I didn't mention the whole "Mommy and Daddy" versus "Mom and Dad" thing.  I don't think it's that weird.  Every family is different. 

He (River) mentioned, "Mommy and Daddy" when referring to their  parents, like my family does.  I thought that's what you were saying was odd.  Sorry if I misunderstood you!  Did I quote the wrong person??

Edited by LocalGovt