Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: The Wrath of Kahn

One of the teenagers goes rogue to prove that Noel Kahn is Uber A, while the others try to find evidence to back up her theory; Emily turns to Paige for comfort; Jason and Aria delve into Mary's past to find out what she's hiding.

12 minutes ago, AmandaPanda said:

One of the teenagers goes rogue to prove that Noel Kahn is Uber A, while the others try to find evidence to back up her theory; Emily turns to Paige for comfort; Jason and Aria delve into Mary's past to find out what she's hiding.

Ummmm ..... exactly which 'teenager' is going rogue ?  Because all the PLLs are in their 20s now.

The TV Guide online episode description now says 'ladies' instead of 'teenagers', but even that is a stretch.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Promo:

Is that Aria getting out of bed next to Discount Jesus/Jason  ?

And what's Hanna going to do with that long rope ?

There are an awful lot of Spencer videos on Veronica's laptop.

That simply looks like a tree branch breaking through the kitchen window during a storm coincidentally while a stalker is in Spencer's house (as trees do in Rosewood).

They're teenagers now? Sounds legit, PLL.

So I see now that Ezra's gone, Aria is back to serving the actual plot again. Thanks, Jason. I'm totally on board with this ship. 

Is Hanna uploading her torture sesh to her Website Page? 

Seriously, how many times are the PLLs going to get the only copy of incriminating evidence on someone -- only to lose it moments later.  FFS !!  Make a backup copy.

And once again, the PLLs don't wear gloves while breaking and entering.

So how long ago did Aria and Discount Jesus bang ?

Aria appeared positively elated that Nicole is still dead.

At least we know that Noel was DEFINITELY involved in the kidnapping/imprisonment in the bunker -- but was he the only one besides Charlotte ?

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 4

Aria broke it off with Jason in the hopes of possibly maybe running into Ezra in the course of her job.  What a moron.  I mean, did you see his chest Aria?  Comeon!

Once again they have vital important information that they don't bother copying or backing up or storing in a safe location, so it gets stolen.  So repetitive.

3 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

At least we know that Noel was DEFINITELY involved in the kidnapping/imprisonment in the bunker -- but was he the only one besides Charlotte ?

I immediately thought "that's someone in a Noel Khan mask".  

• Love 14

Where was Ali?  Can she please just have been working with Noel Khan this whole time, and be the psychotic bitch we knew and loved (to hate) when she was presumed dead?  Please?

And Aria is an epic idiot.  Jason is 10x hotter than Liam, who is at least 6x hotter than Ezra.  And she chooses Ezra?!  Idiot.

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, mac123x said:

Aria broke it off with Jason in the hopes of possibly maybe running into Ezra in the course of her job.  What a moron.  I mean, did you see his chest Aria?  Comeon!

Total moron. And did you see the look on her face when he suggested she go to Ethiopia instead of taking an artsy-fartsy editorial job? Her whole expression read, 'Me, take a job helping other people? No way Jose!’

• Love 13

I really thought Hanna was going to give up on her ridiculous mission to get Noel to talk after she failed to roofie him and let him steal back Sara’s phone, but then she comes back, bashes him on the head and knocks him out, and I was actually a little proud. I mean of course she’s wrong about him being A.D but good for her for seeing her horrible plan through.

I’m actually mildly intrigued by Noel’s involvement with the Dollhouse. Was he just helping Charlotte because they're friends and friends help each other torture people, or did she have something on him and force him into it? 

Aria is an idiot. And judging by that look of relief on her face when she found Nicole is not alive, not a very good person. Jason is gorgeous, has the hair and body of a god, and has dedicated his life to helping poor children, and for some reason, he’s into Aria. But Aria’s picks the whiney statutory rapist who preyed on her in high school instead.

Alison not being in this episode was stupid. It’s the penultimate episode of 7A, the mystery is yet again about her family, she should be involved, not away on a school trip. "Out of town" should be reserved for missing parents and love interests, not the girls themselves. Instead we get Jaria flashbacks and a look at the many loves of Emily Fields. The girls not actually being involved in the mystery that’s ruining their lives is getting old. Why are Aria and Jason, of all people, investigating Mary's second child? 

Is Paige stalking Sabrina now? Why was she just sitting in the Brew staring at her with that creepy intense look? It honestly looked like she was planning on killing her. I hope she’s A.D. so there'd at least be a valid reason for her return.

And so Emily’s dating Sabrina, but flirting with Paige and by the looks of it, is cuddling with Alison in next week’s episode? 

That was nice of the liars to hold off on going to the cops with the flash drive full of evidence so that A.D. would have a chance to steal it from them. They're so considerate. 

Edited by SadieT
  • Love 15

Hey Marlene, you like twists, right? Wouldn't it be a twist if Ezzzzzzzzzzzzzria didn't end up together but Jaria did? 

Yeah, do that.

Noel's involvement with the Dollhouse is not that surprising. Someone had to be working with Charlotte so they probably did Eeny, meeny, miny, moe with a list of names and it landed on Noel.

When Spencer was giving some excuse as to why they can't give the flashdrive to the police, all I heard was: "Blah blah blah A.D's going to steal it back obviously blah blah blah". And I'll bet there's some hidden file that gives them the answers on that flash.

It would be a nice twist if Sabrina was actually innocent in all of this, but maybe she ends up a victim because of Emily's bullshit.

"Let's wait" seems to be the theme of the episode. 

That's all I got, really.

• Love 4

"We should give the flash drive to the police right away!"

"We can't!  We need to drag this thing out for another half season and we can't do that unless I sit on this for awhile and give AD a chance to steal it."

Dumb. 

Silly Jason, Aria is much too selfish to go help anyone but herself and Ezra.  But mostly herself.

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, SadieT said:

That was nice of the liars to hold off on going to the cops with the flash drive full of evidence so that A.D. would have a chance to steal it from them. They're so considerate. 

It's actually an improvement for them, they usually just refuse to go to the police at all, now they've worked up to only delaying going to them. 

I don't even know what's going on anymore, are they ever going to explain what Hanna is doing?

Why does Emily have to go from person to person to person to person, either give her one person to date, or (HORRORS!) let her be single for a while.

• Love 3

I liked rogue Hannah. She was at least doing something else instead of being same village idiot like Spencer losing the hard drive when she should know better by now.

Aria was relieved Nicole wasn't found. Oye Aria, not the thing to be happy about.  

• Love 5

The writers of this show really need to familiarize themselves with the scripts that come before their episodes. When Jason first tells Aria about the fire at Aunt Carol’s, Aria pretends to be surprised but then he says he’s worried Archer was trying to hurt Ali so Aria tells him the fire was accident. Jason asks her if she was there with Ali, and Aria replies, “yeah,” except Aria was never there. She was off in Ezra land. I mean this all happens like 2 episodes before, it shouldn’t be that hard to keep straight. Aria didn’t have to say she was with Ali, she could have said Ali told her about it. 

• Love 7

I can't decide if I love or hate Jason's long hippie hair, but I laugh every time I see it. He's giving me shades of old school Brad Pitt and Jared Leto with the long blondish brownish hair/facial hair combination so the young version of me likes it.

I totally cracked up when Marco told Spencer that since Archer is in France now, it's kind of out of his jurisdiction. You mean Rosewood PD isn't going to pay to send you to France to investigate?

While I fully support Hanna stalking Noel Kahn, it was stupid of her to just stand there at the dumpster and go through his bag of garbage. Take the bag around the corner or put it in your car, girl!

I don't know what to make of Lindsey. She saw Emily with Sabrina last week, but this week she acted like she didn't know they were dating. I can't tell if she was just trying to cover up the fact that she already knew (which I think is normal in this kind of situation with an ex because you don't want to seem stalkery) or if she's super shady. But then she was sitting at the coffee place just watching Sabrina LIKE A STALKER.

Speaking of Sabrina, I get that she's frustrated by Emily saying things like Noel Kahn is dangerous and then not explaining anything beyond saying, "Just trust me." But at the same time, when you show up unannounced and ask Emily to go get something to eat when you clearly didn't have plans and you saw that two of her best friends were inside, don't go making this into Emily being evasive. I mean, yes, Emily was evasive about Noel, but saying that she can't go get something to eat right this very second is not something to get suspicious or upset about.

Emily, Spencer, and Aria splitting up during a storm was textbook What Not To Do. But these are the same girls who still refuse to wear gloves when they're snooping or sensible shoes when they know they're about to be chased.

Any coincidence that the publishing company Aria works for has the initials ADL?

Oh, Aria. When she asked Jason what she would do in Ethiopia, I just rolled my eyes. I would have given her the same answer that Jason did but in a much different tone. But I'm not going to complain about a flashback with shirtless Jason. When Aria laid out what's happened to Jason's various family members, it was a good reminder that although the focus is on the PLLs, other people on this show have suffered. Jason is probably the one who has suffered the most loss and emotional stress. First Ali disappeared which I'm sure must have been hard on their entire family. While she was gone, he found out that his mom had had an affair with Spencer's father and that he was really Spencer's half brother. Then Ali showed up alive and well, only to be accused of murder. Next he found out that his imaginary childhood friend was actually his little brother Charles who was actually his cousin Charlotte who had been stalking his sister Ali. His mother was murdered and then his cousin/sister Charlotte was murdered. While he was out of the country trying to help people, his sister Ali got married to a crazy fraud and was institutionalized and then his dead mother's mysterious twin sister showed up out of nowhere to help his new brother in law steal all of the DiLaurentis money. Poor guy.

But I was rolling my eyes again when the clerk assumed that Aria was his fiancee. Any woman with an engagement ring within a ten foot radius of a man must be engaged to said man because once you're engaged, you're not allowed to interact with anyone with a penis but your betrothed.

I loved how nonchalant Spencer was when she told Emily she was going to break into the Kahn Kabin, but I was shaking my head at Emily's reaction.  I mean, seriously, Em, what did you think you guys were going to do once you got there? Just take a picture from the car and then drive home? Ha, and of course Spencer's immediate reaction to spotting the camera was to punch it out. Once again I was disappointed in their choice of footwear for this kind of mission. It's okay to wear sneakers or flat shoes when there's a possibility that you might have to run from an attacker, girls. Noel's grandmother gets major demerits for having a sign that says "the Kahn's" on the cabin door. Why, people, WHY?

But dude, they were going through the Kahn Kabin looking for evidence but neither of them thought to look at the laptop until they found a flash drive? And have they learned nothing? When you have damning evidence like that, the FIRST thing you do is make a million copies and hide them in a million different places!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Oh, Aria. When she asked Jason what she would do in Ethiopia, I just rolled my eyes. I would have given her the same answer that Jason did but in a much different tone. But I'm not going to complain about a flashback with shirtless Jason. When Aria laid out what's happened to Jason's various family members, it was a good reminder that although the focus is on the PLLs, other people on this show have suffered. Jason is probably the one who has suffered the most loss and emotional stress. First Ali disappeared which I'm sure must have been hard on their entire family. While she was gone, he found out that his mom had had an affair with Spencer's father and that he was really Spencer's half brother. Then Ali showed up alive and well, only to be accused of murder. Next he found out that his imaginary childhood friend was actually his little brother Charles who was actually his cousin Charlotte who had been stalking his sister Ali. His mother was murdered and then his cousin/sister Charlotte was murdered. While he was out of the country trying to help people, his sister Ali got married to a crazy fraud and was institutionalized and then his dead mother's mysterious twin sister showed up out of nowhere to help his new brother in law steal all of the DiLaurentis money. Poor guy. 

The incest, don't forget the incest. 

Edited by Lii
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, cdp73 said:

I"m ready for this show to be over.  These "pull a storyline out of our asses" episodes are beyond ridiculous.  Time for a series finale.

Seriously. I'm not a hate-watch person, but this is probably the closest I'll get. I just gotta stick it out for another half a season.

This is the only place I go to read other people's thoughts and opinions so I gotta ask, are there many people left watching who actually think these episodes are good and aren't just holding out for the end? I know there are still crazy shippers out there, but besides those nutcakes.  

Edited by joelene
  • Love 6

Or his beautiful abs!

Next he found out that his imaginary childhood friend was actually his little brother Charles who was actually his cousin Charlotte who had been stalking his sister Ali.

You're correct, Lii. I should have added an asterisk after that statement that said then Jason had to go throw up again when he realized that Charlotte was the second sibling who he had made out with! How this guy isn't in a permanent state of PTSD is beyond me.

I thought it was interesting that Aria said that Jason's mother was dead. I mean, she is, but she was MURDERED. If she was trying to garner sympathy, that would have gotten her a few extra points.

• Love 3

I enjoyed the episode (they should probably have gone with Noel Kahn all along instead of the Charlotte=Charles BS), but the girls are perennially dumb to the point of implausibility. I still can't accept that at this late stage in the series.

Notes: 

What was with the red velvet cakes and their cupcake incarnations. Was Ezra involved?

Emily treats Sabrina like shit.

The sign at the cabin said The Kahn's.  Would a judge allow that sign, really? Maybe the judge's nickname is 'The Kahn'.  He seems like an egotistical guy to have everything in the file blacked out except for his name.

Emily said 'Noel' and not 'Noelkahn'!

Archer's passport said, 'Welsh Citizen'. My British passport  (never lived there - long story) says 'British Citizen'. Are Welsh ones different?  Why? Just curious. 

Why was Shower's phone still charged and why would Noel be so careless? Does anyone else have a picture of themselves on the display of their phone?

Why didn't any of Emily's friends wish her good luck in the interview or ask her how it went? I guess they had other stuff on their minds.  I still think the principal could be shady, but he didn't get a scene...so?

Where is Ashley?

The flashdrive! Just fricken email a video file or two to Caleb + dropbox. It just would have been 'hacked' and deleted anyway I guess - even if they had given it to the police.  It's quicker this way.   I noticed the folder for 'Mona' did not line up nicely with the other girls'. She can never get in with the gang. Where was Mona anyway?  Do you think she could still be shady/in on the dollhouse stuff? I didn't seem so at the time, but they can retcon stuff.  Didn't Shower get a video file or was her kidnapping fake after all? I forget. I just remember showers.

Aria was glad that Nicole wasn't found. Emily told her in the last episode that she didn't get to do that. The whole timeline of the Colombian rescue was laughable.

I wanted Aria to cheat on Ezra with the discount Jesus. How could cheating actually make me respect her more? Ethiopia - ew!  It could have given her cred for her writing though. That's why Ezra did humanitarian work.   Did DiscountJesus have a friendship with NoelKahn at one point?  Were they both in that club thingy?

Hanna's badass scene at the end made up for it.  I imagined her 'P' hat stood for Pretty (or maybe 'Pissed').  First time I have liked Hanna this season.

Did they say Mary is gone now?  Maybe she's pregnant again.

I liked that Spencer appeared to almost gag when she saw the video. It was very creepy the way he was meddling with her unconscious body.  Then she got that call about an alarm n shit and didn't suspect for a moment that it could be shady.  Sigh!

I am surprised that I like Marco Furioso. I guess he'll be AE then.

I immediately thought "that's someone in a Noel Khan mask".

Did you see this story on the news this week? I laughed.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/alleged-drugs-trafficker-arrested-wearing-bizarre-old-man-mask-1577154

Edited by insubordination
  • Love 3

Some random observations:

1.  Noel Khan's father is/was a judge?  I was under the impression that the Khan's were extremely wealthy because I swear I remember some piece of dialog saying Noel's dad owned half of Pennsylvania.  That just seems like an odd combination. 

2.  What was Sabrina wearing?  That fugly hat made me think she borrowed clothes from Blossom.

3.  I noticed in the bar scene, Noel told Hanna to be careful or she'd wind up like Shower.  At the time I noted the wording was a warning, not a threat.  I mean, it can certainly be construed as a threat, but the way these writers work, it gives them the option to pull another "I was only trying to keep you safe!" flipflop.

4.  Makeup and lighting did no favors to Marco in his first scene with Spencer.  He looked emaciated and quite a bit older than the actor or character is supposed to be.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, insubordination said:

I enjoyed the episode (they should probably have gone with Noel Kahn all along instead of the Charlotte=Charles BS), but the girls are perennially dumb to the point of implausibility. I still can't accept that at this late stage in the series.

Notes: 

What was with the red velvet cakes and their cupcake incarnations. Was Ezra involved?

Emily treats Sabrina like shit.

The sign at the cabin said The Kahn's.  Would a judge allow that sign, really? Maybe the judge's nickname is 'The Kahn'.  He seems like an egotistical guy to have everything in the file blacked out except for his name.

Emily said 'Noel' and not 'Noelkahn'!

Archer's passport said, 'Welsh Citizen'. My British passport  (never lived there - long story) says 'British Citizen'. Are Welsh ones different?  Why? Just curious. 

Why was Shower's phone still charged and why would Noel be so careless? Does anyone else have a picture of themselves on the display of their phone?

Why didn't any of Emily's friends wish her good luck in the interview or ask her how it went? I guess they had other stuff on their minds.  I still think the principal could be shady, but he didn't get a scene...so?

Where is Ashley?

The flashdrive! Just fricken email a video file or two to Caleb + dropbox. It just would have been 'hacked' and deleted anyway I guess - even if they had given it to the police.  It's quicker this way.   I noticed the folder for 'Mona' did not line up nicely with the other girls'. She can never get in with the gang. Where was Mona anyway?  Do you think she could still be shady/in on the dollhouse stuff? I didn't seem so at the time, but they can retcon stuff.  Didn't Shower get a video file or was her kidnapping fake after all? I forget. I just remember showers.

Aria was glad that Nicole wasn't found. Emily told her in the last episode that she didn't get to do that. The whole timeline of the Colombian rescue was laughable.

I wanted Aria to cheat on Ezra with the discount Jesus. How could cheating actually make me respect her more? Ethiopia - ew!  It could have given her cred for her writing though. That's why Ezra did humanitarian work.   Did DiscountJesus have a friendship with NoelKahn at one point?  Were they both in that club thingy?

Hanna's badass scene at the end made up for it.  I imagined her 'P' hat stood for Pretty (or maybe 'Pissed').  First time I have liked Hanna this season.

Did they say Mary is gone now?  Maybe she's pregnant again.

I liked that Spencer appeared to almost gag when she saw the video. It was very creepy the way he was meddling with her unconscious body.  Then she got that call about an alarm n shit and didn't suspect for a moment that it could be shady.  Sigh!

I am surprised that I like Marco Furioso. I guess he'll be AE then.

Did you see this story on the news this week? I laughed.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/alleged-drugs-trafficker-arrested-wearing-bizarre-old-man-mask-1577154

"The sign at the cabin said The Kahn's.  Would a judge allow that sign, really? Maybe the judge's nickname is 'The Kahn'.  He seems like an egotistical guy to have everything in the file blacked out except for his name."

I was hung up on this too...

13 hours ago, SadieT said:

Jason is gorgeous, has the hair and body of a godnce to steal it from them. They're so considerate. 

Or at least the son of one.

2 hours ago, insubordination said:

Does anyone else have a picture of themselves on the display of their phone?

Hey, it's The Age of the Selfie - why not?

Prediction:  It's Paige's crazyass stalking of Sabrina that actually leads to her discovering that Sabrina's a spy for "A" (or at the very least, a teenage witch).  Because this ends up being valuable information to the PLLs, Emily will be so thankful that the whole issue of Paige's obsessive stalking will be completely ignored, forgotten about and dismissed.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, mac123x said:

Some random observations:

1.  Noel Khan's father is/was a judge?  I was under the impression that the Khan's were extremely wealthy because I swear I remember some piece of dialog saying Noel's dad owned half of Pennsylvania.  That just seems like an odd combination. 

2.  What was Sabrina wearing?  That fugly hat made me think she borrowed clothes from Blossom.

3.  I noticed in the bar scene, Noel told Hanna to be careful or she'd wind up like Shower.  At the time I noted the wording was a warning, not a threat.  I mean, it can certainly be construed as a threat, but the way these writers work, it gives them the option to pull another "I was only trying to keep you safe!" flipflop.

4.  Makeup and lighting did no favors to Marco in his first scene with Spencer.  He looked emaciated and quite a bit older than the actor or character is supposed to be.

1.  You can be a judge and still be wealthy especially if you were a successful attorney first.  Also they may have family money.

2.  Hideous

3.  Agreed

4.  Marco is not hot

• Love 3

Hannah really sucks at drugging people. I mean, she was about three seconds from just throwing the beer into Noels pretty face. No wonder she finally just hit him over the head. Thats one way of dealing with problems. 

This show is really working overtime on making Aria look bad this episode. It turns out she dumped redeemed bad boy Jason (looks amazing, spends his time helping underprivileged kids) on the off chance that she might run into not cool enough to be a bad boy ever Ezra, the writers favorite child molester. That also means that she got into a relationship with Liam while she was still hoping to hook up with Ezra. Real classy. Then she practically did a happy dance when she found out Ezras dead fiance is, to my shock, actually dead (as of now). Again, classy. 

So, they cant take the disk to the police because...the kool aid man is red. I have no clue. I would think that even the Rosewood PD could figure out how to make a case out of that. Maybe. 

• Love 3

They can't even come up with some new nonsensical developments and pretty mcuh only rehash old ones. A secret Di Laurentis child. Check. The Liars idiotically losing important evidence in the form of a flash drive. Check. Paige being over the top stalkerish (probably) to mislead the audience into thinking she is A number 77. Check. Hanna going "rogue" with a plan that even a child could execute better. Check. Emily being so scared for Sabrina, even though Noel has no reason whatsoever to want to hurt that at this point. Jumping to conclusions - Noel's dad was the judge so the adopted kid must be Noel?!? Because he only presides over adoption cases where he himself adopts the kid, is that right, Aria? Breaking and entering left, right and center, nobody bothers to wear gloves. Alison being inexplicably absent, never mind this secret child/villain is once again her close relative. Check. Adding new villains with no apparent motive in a way that clearly shows this wasn't planned. Check. Police officers creepily hitting on one of the Liars. Check. Aria's fugly jacket. Check.

No, really. Was there a single viewer who didn't know that this flash drive was going to be stolen? Talk about an inexcusably lazy plotting that makes the characters look even dumber than usual.

Why was Noel so willing to take chances to get this phone back? How was Hanna supposed to prove he threw it away rather than the phone being in her all along after Shower's death? And the way she just let him get it back from her in that bar was so infuriating.

On the bright side, I am starting to ship Paige/Emily again, I can't help it, even though I know the best thing for Paige was to leave this crazy town ASAP and never look back.

Just me or Ashley Benson has completely checked out? Her "intense" expressions in this episode were incredibly unconvincing. Not that I can blame her much if that's the case, the lines and plots that she is given are appallingly silly.

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 10

Yeah the writers are just rehashing old plots that they did better. Seriously I have a very important question because it's becoming a problem on a lot of tv I watch: why do writers not seem to remember what happened in past seasons of their shows? The shows from decades ago did these things better and back then we didn't have ways to marathon them like Netflix or ondemand.. I'm just curious.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

Alison being inexplicably absent, never mind this secret child/villain is once again her close relative. 

In the first scene with Spencer and Marco, they said that Alison was on a field trip with her students. I'm sure that must have been fun for her since they're such sweet kids that they welcomed her back to school by wearing black hoodies and sassing her during class! This must have been one of those overnight field trips I see on tv all the time. I guess all the schools I went to sucked because my only school sponsored overnight trips were grad night lock in (held in our gym) and four nights away at sixth grade camp. I want to know what kind of overnight field trip high school students attend for English class. The last time we saw them they were studying Shakespeare so maybe they flew to England where Alison will seek out Melissa and Wren to help her solve the mystery of Wrollins in between seeing plays and stuff. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Hannah really sucks at drugging people. I mean, she was about three seconds from just throwing the beer into Noels pretty face. No wonder she finally just hit him over the head. Thats one way of dealing with problems. 

This show is really working overtime on making Aria look bad this episode. It turns out she dumped redeemed bad boy Jason (looks amazing, spends his time helping underprivileged kids) on the off chance that she might run into not cool enough to be a bad boy ever Ezra, the writers favorite child molester. That also means that she got into a relationship with Liam while she was still hoping to hook up with Ezra. Real classy. Then she practically did a happy dance when she found out Ezras dead fiance is, to my shock, actually dead (as of now). Again, classy. 

So, they cant take the disk to the police because...the kool aid man is red. I have no clue. I would think that even the Rosewood PD could figure out how to make a case out of that. Maybe. 

I wonder if Ezra knows that Aria banged Discount Jesus.  I suspect not.

21 hours ago, SadieT said:

But the flashdrive was obtained illegally so it's inadmissible in court. Spencer should know this. It's a pointless plot device.

14 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I can't decide if I love or hate Jason's long hippie hair, but I laugh every time I see it. He's giving me shades of old school Brad Pitt and Jared Leto with the long blondish brownish hair/facial hair combination so the young version of me likes it.

I don't know what to make of Lindsey. She saw Emily with Sabrina last week, but this week she acted like she didn't know they were dating. I can't tell if she was just trying to cover up the fact that she already knew (which I think is normal in this kind of situation with an ex because you don't want to seem stalkery) or if she's super shady. But then she was sitting at the coffee place just watching Sabrina LIKE A STALKER.

Emily, Spencer, and Aria splitting up during a storm was textbook What Not To Do. But these are the same girls who still refuse to wear gloves when they're snooping or sensible shoes when they know they're about to be chased.

But dude, they were going through the Kahn Kabin looking for evidence but neither of them thought to look at the laptop until they found a flash drive? And have they learned nothing? When you have damning evidence like that, the FIRST thing you do is make a million copies and hide them in a million different places!

1) Jason's hair cracks me up also. I generally don't like men with long hair but his really amuses me.

2) I'm not sure what to make of Paige. She's being very odd. Even when she was talking to Emily on the phone, her behaviour was strange and suspicious. And then we see her looking at Sabrina. Hmmm... But anytime the signs start pointing to any of the characters being "AD", I lose interest because I know it's not going to be that person. They're going for some big shock factor and so they won't dare hint at the person who is actually "Uber A".

3) Same thought crossed my mind during that scene at the Khan's cabin. You've done this countless times and you knew you were going to be searching the cabin. Gloves? Comfortable footwear? Take pictures? Also, what are the chances that the laptop would just be unlocked? I'm not some psycho that's going around stalking and torturing anybody but my laptop requires a passcode to be unlocked. Don't most people activate that feature? Especially the "AD" that seems to be exceptionally tech-savvy?

7 hours ago, dwmckim said:

Prediction:  It's Paige's crazyass stalking of Sabrina that actually leads to her discovering that Sabrina's a spy for "A" (or at the very least, a teenage witch).  Because this ends up being valuable information to the PLLs, Emily will be so thankful that the whole issue of Paige's obsessive stalking will be completely ignored, forgotten about and dismissed.

This made me literally LOL. Sabrina the teenage witch did magic in public all the time and nobody saw. Paige doesn't stand a chance.

• Love 1

Wow. Just wow. 

What flimsy reason are the writers going to give for Noel Kahn doing this to the Liars? You guys know he's going to die next right? I've already said good bye to his pretty pretty face. 

Hanna. Sigh. I was really just SMH during her whole plot line. What was she planning to do?Drug him? Torture him? Drop him off in front of Rosewood PD with a bow? 

The flash drive. Of course no one made a copy or saved a backup! in 2016. with all the shit they've been through.

Thank you show for the gratifying shots of half naked Jason. The long hair isn't my thing but I'm at the point now where I just have to take what I can get with this show.

I let out a very audible groan when Jason fixed his mouth to say that bullshit about Aria and Ezra belonging together. Why would anyone think that? Who would even say that to an ex that they still care about (or am I just petty because I wouldn't say anything like that to an ex)? 

What was the point of this cop? Or this Nicole thing? Watch Ezra come back and say some shit to Aria like "while I was gone, all I could think about was you." You saw it here first folks!

I really need this season to be the last. I can't quit on my own.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

In the first scene with Spencer and Marco, they said that Alison was on a field trip with her students. I'm sure that must have been fun for her since they're such sweet kids that they welcomed her back to school by wearing black hoodies and sassing her during class! This must have been one of those overnight field trips I see on tv all the time. I guess all the schools I went to sucked because my only school sponsored overnight trips were grad night lock in (held in our gym) and four nights away at sixth grade camp. I want to know what kind of overnight field trip high school students attend for English class. The last time we saw them they were studying Shakespeare so maybe they flew to England where Alison will seek out Melissa and Wren to help her solve the mystery of Wrollins in between seeing plays and stuff. 

I actually went on an overnight trip (3 nights actually) with my high school where we went to New England and toured a bunch of museums and historical sites and even got in a couple of college visits, and a whole host of random teachers came along as chaperones, but yeah, considering Alison literally just returned from "medical leave" or whatever they were calling it and did not have the smoothest transition back, it makes no sense that she'd be a chaperone even on a day trip.  

6 hours ago, timimouse said:

2) I'm not sure what to make of Paige. She's being very odd. Even when she was talking to Emily on the phone, her behaviour was strange and suspicious. And then we see her looking at Sabrina. Hmmm... But anytime the signs start pointing to any of the characters being "AD", I lose interest because I know it's not going to be that person. They're going for some big shock factor and so they won't dare hint at the person who is actually "Uber A".

I'm not entirely convinced that Paige is supposed to come across as creepy, I think we're supposed to read the creepy staring and casual stalking as romantic interest in Emily because these writers can't differentiate between creepy and romantic, plus Lindsey Shaw plays the character with this kind of crazed, wide-eyed, intensity that makes her come across as more sinister than probably intended. I'd like to believe that she's actually involved in the A.D. mystery but I feel like that's giving the writers too much credit and they're likely just wasting our time bringing back random characters because they feel like it. 

Edited by SadieT
  • Love 2

Come to think of it, the Liars watching only one of the videos on the flash drive was also incredibly stupid - what if some of the other videos depicted them committing crimes, rather than Noel or whoever? Imagine them giving the drive to the police, only to promptly get arrested for 1357 counts of tampering with evidence, breaking and entering and crimes against common sense?

But the flashdrive was obtained illegally so it's inadmissible in court.

To be fair, they could have lied about how they got the drive.

I'm not entirely convinced that Paige is supposed to come across as creepy,

I suspect that she is supposed to come across as ambiguously creepy but the problem is the show can't do subtlety any more, so she comes off as more of a stalker than intended. Either that or they are doing it deliberately because they think that characters behaving in a nonsensical way just to mislead the viewers is what writing mystery plots is all about.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

Hanna going "rogue" with a plan that even a child could execute better

What was she going to do if he passed out right there in the bar? Was she going to drag his unconscious body to the newspapered apartment (curtains are cheap these days).  Was he just gonna walk with her 'cos he was semi-conscious? Was that guy she arranged it with gonna help?  Why didn't she find out kind of drink he liked? I though she was doing the ol' glass switcharoo, but she wasn't.  For someone who casually threw a dead woman's phone into a dumpster, he certainly fought to get it back.

Plan B was better, but she hit him a little too hard I think.

• Love 5

I was mostly joking about overnight field trips being fictitious because I know people who went to other schools and went on overnight field trips (Mr. EB went to middle school in California and they had a weeklong trip to Washington DC in eighth grade which was the most surprising one since I can't imagine my parents letting me spend a week on the other side of the country at that age), but they seem far more frequent on tv. I remember on Parenthood, the kids drove from Berkeley and spent the night in Sacramento for a field trip. That's a two hour drive. When I lived in San Diego, we went to several competitions in LA which is also two hours away, but we got our asses up at 5am, drove to LA (on a school bus), went to the competition all day, and drove back that night. But yeah, considering what little assholes her students were and how concerned the principal was with even letting her stay to teach her class, I can't believe that one day he was telling her to go home and the next day he was like, "Hey, an overnight field trip sounds like what you really need right now!"

If Jason wanted to convince Aria, he should have played on her photographer side.
At least PLL mentioned an actual country and not just 'Africa' like a lot of shows do.

Nice of Noel to mention Shower Harvey died in the Shower just in case the viewer missed the joke when it happened.

All of these winks at the audience and trying to please everyone by giving us "what we want" (Jaria, Paily AND Emison, Spaleb, dollhouse revisited, shower dead, Jenna and Noel back and involved,...and so many throwbacks throughout the season) is getting old. All the usual couples are going to end up together, the girls are acting more stupid than ever and the plot makes zero sense. Instead of revisiting the greatest hits and trying to please everybody, they should have tried to come up with a semi-decent mystery unrelated to all of that crap to wrap up this season. We've barely even seen any parents and everything feels so damn forced. The most simple scene could be so fuckin creepy in the early seasons but now they try so damn hard it's so bad. It used to be on the good side of campy but they went overboard on 'not taking themselves too seriously'. Even the chemistry between the PLL's doesn't feel right.

So are Emily and Alison going to be teaching at the high school for PLL the New Class? Lucy and Troian are the ones most unlikely to return and the door would be open for Guest appearances by Ashley Benson if she builds her fashion business in Rosewood.

But seriously, I can't with the stupidity. Did Spencer really fall for the car alarm trick? Why didn't they make copies for all of the liars and a dozen more just in case? Why didn't they immediately go to Caleb (or Mona) so he could safely put it on the cloud and the cloud's cloud and another hundred frickin clouds??? Aaaarrggghhhhh I can't anymore.

Best moment was Hanna clocking Noel over the head. At least she's consistent in her dumb ideas and the execution is amazing to watch.

Most unbelievable moment (and there were many) was Paige not knowing which locker used to be Emily's. Please, like you didn't creep on her for 4 years.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, kissedbyarose said:

Hanna. Sigh. I was really just SMH during her whole plot line. What was she planning to do?Drug him? Torture him? Drop him off in front of Rosewood PD with a bow? 

This!  I wondered the same thing. How in the world was she going to handle him once the drugs took over? Surely she wasn't going to be able to lift and carry hunky and fit Noel Kahn back to her hideout. Wouldn't it have been better to have him meet her there and then drug him?  I know Hannah has always been the dumbest liar of the bunch but with each season they get stupider and stupider.

What was the point of this cop? Or this Nicole thing? Watch Ezra come back and say some shit to Aria like "while I was gone, all I could think about was you." You saw it here first folks!

The cop is probably to make Scooby shippers think they won't get back together. Nicole is supposed to infuse more angst into Ezaria. At this point I'd be shocked if she didn't show up at the wedding when they say "Does anyone object?"  This show has become that predictably cliched. 

6 hours ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

Come to think of it, the Liars watching only one of the videos on the flash drive was also incredibly stupid - what if some of the other videos depicted them committing crimes, rather than Noel or whoever? Imagine them giving the drive to the police, only to promptly get arrested for 1357 counts of tampering with evidence, breaking and entering and crimes against common sense?

I too thought it was naive to only check out one video.  But I tried to give the show credit in terms of understanding how difficult it would have to be for the girls to watch their own torture and relieve it all over again. However, at the same time, they could have had Toby (probably the only police officer they trust and a person who understands what they went through) view all the files alongside Caleb while he made back up copies of them.  Then they would know if there was additional evidence on the drive as well as if anyone else was involved. 

4 hours ago, insubordination said:

I though she was doing the ol' glass switcharoo, but she wasn't.  

I did too, but then it turned out that Hannah isn't smart enough for that either. 

• Love 3