Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

On 6/17/2016 at 0:29 PM, JoanArc said:

As long as Michelle has and endless latte supply, they could care less what the kids eat.

Ugh. This just brings up a bad image about My Breast Friend. I think Michelle's endless latte supply has dried up at this season of her life. I'm not sure she knows that, but anyway. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Ugh. This just brings up a bad image about My Breast Friend. I think Michelle's endless latte supply has dried up at this season of her life. I'm not sure she knows that, but anyway. 

I meant the Starbucks kind!

8 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

I don't mean to shame Amy, I just think if the Duggars had "good" legs, we'd have seen Jessa's. They're not so modest that they don't flaunt what they've got. 

Michelle's legs must really be something, since she believes the sight of her kneecaps to be so defrauding she wanted the film crew to put a black strip over them!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Well, as someone with similar legs, I think she should wear whatever makes her happy. I dunno, I don't like judging her over this. Women get enough pressure from society. 

Yeah two years of stress with uni and family has given me legs like that.  I wear clothes that make me feel good, I'm assuming that Amy feels the same way.  If she feels like hot stuff in a dress that covers her butt and boobs and is somewhat fashionable, good for her. 

If we are talking fashion, I'd rather snark on Mechelle's horrible hair and the ridiculous use of t-shirts under perfectly normal dresses.  

• Love 4
On 19.6.2016 at 0:50 AM, Arwen Evenstar said:

Smaller towns often don't offer the variety of foods that us city slickers enjoy.  Many of these folks just are well used to the staple canned corn, green beans, mixed veg, baked beans, and fruit cocktail served with meat and potatoes or Mac and cheese in a box.  These represent the most banal of the American culinary experience, but at least 3 generations have been raised on them. Mr. Evenstar now in his late 50's recalls the first time he was served beans from a can. He was horrified and thought his mom didn't love him anymore.

Is that the way it is in rural US? We've different stuff, a bit healthier overall I think. But yes, food has changed during the last few decades. Strange that in Victorian times, people at a whole lot more variety than we do now.

Mind you, up until about 8 years ago, I didn't know (and had never seen) that tomatoes also come in other shades than red, so maybe I should just shut my trap........

Meeeechelle's hair is beyond ridiculous. These straggly bits of hair are horrible. They really are stuck in the 80s.

I did wonder about that humongous car - what on earth is it?

I would guess part of the reason the Duggars use canned goods is for shelf life, as well as cost. I have thrown away my fair share of spoiled produce, and canned goods are cheaper. For us living in New England, summertime is a treat because locally grown fresh produce is available. In the wintertime, we have some greenhouse, and out of state vegetables in our stores, and they're not so good.

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't particularly like food and am not experimental at all.  I have a horrible life long habit of being a single food eater for long lengths of time and then stopping eating with no warning and going on to another single food.  There is only me.  My current is grilled cheese sandwiches and can't get enough of them.  One day I'll start on egg sandwiches, then maybe tuna.  I buy but don't eat enough fresh fruit, throw most of it out.  There is only me.  I will make fruit smoothies and share with neighbors, bringing them a glass and sitting around chatting outside.  I eat currently lamb chops and a potato once a week approx, and sometimes do lunch, mexican, or steak, or whatever.  Sometimes I don't eat all day.  Or for 2 days.  I know it's awful.  Just the way I am.  If there were more people here there would be more fresh food but I get freaky throwing so much out.  I'm still alive, so guess this weird habit is ok for me.  My current dog refuses all meat, likes high quality kibble and chicken.  Not mixed.  He won't eat food that touches each other.  He didn't learn that from me.  I might eat stew, I know he'd never touch it.  We are all different, and for our bodies, I guess it's good so long as we're still kicking.

Got to have my chocolate at night though.  That's a must.

Edited by Micks Picks
  • Love 8
(edited)
11 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Is that the way it is in rural US? We've different stuff, a bit healthier overall I think. But yes, food has changed during the last few decades. Strange that in Victorian times, people at a whole lot more variety than we do now.

Mind you, up until about 8 years ago, I didn't know (and had never seen) that tomatoes also come in other shades than red, so maybe I should just shut my trap........

Meeeechelle's hair is beyond ridiculous. These straggly bits of hair are horrible. They really are stuck in the 80s.

I did wonder about that humongous car - what on earth is it?

Fried green tomatoes are a regional southern treat and these green tomatoes are also called tomatillo (Spanish for little tomato).  These green tomatoes are used to make hot sauces and relishes. The first time I saw heirloom tomatoes, I noticed they came in hues of orange as well as yellow. I was scared to eat them because they were rather misshapen and looked diseased, but once they were offered in restaurants, I found out they are absolutely delicious and flavorful.

it was later explained to me that these tomatoes were the original cultivars, much like the antique roses.

The enormous vehicle is likely their 15 passenger van. 

Yes, they are totally stuck in the 80's. I'm the same age as they are, but I've moved on long ago with both fashion and hairstyle.  Boob dictates Michelle's fashion choices.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
18 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

It's some water ink transfer technique. I have no clue if he does the actual design work or if he uses templates. 

So people want their guns and knives all pimped out??!?

Where are they getting the money to do all this. Dill Pickle and Famy don't make that kind of money to live large like that,

Can only imagine Boobs head exploding about them going to such sinful places! Key West is one of the most welcoming LGBTQ friendly places in the US. Rainbow flags everywhere! It's just an all around fun destination for anyone and everyone. Boob don't like fun.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Where are they getting the money to do all this. Dill Pickle and Famy don't make that kind of money to live large like that,

Well, they did save $50,000 by not paying his medical bills...

• Love 17
On 6/19/2016 at 9:32 PM, Tabbygirl521 said:

Well, as someone with similar legs, I think she should wear whatever makes her happy. I dunno, I don't like judging her over this. Women get enough pressure from society. 

Ditto!! I don't have what would be considered "good legs" heck I barely have any at all, I'm 4'11" on a good day ;) therefore maxi's are not my friend. Love wearing a comfortable mini. And boots, you can forget that, I have the calves of a body builder and not in a good way lol, however I'm comfortable in my skin just not blessed with good legs lol :)

• Love 3
(edited)

I almost choked on my tea when I read the comment about how the Duggars are teaching their kids to work for a dollar. Never mind that the family has nine adult children with no jobs. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 17

But hey if you make your knives and AR15s or whatever into camo, you won't be able to find them. I personally have neon green, and neon pink, etc tape to paste on stuff so I can find the danged stuff.  Why are remotes all black, like the tv, the cable box, etc?  I make a rule of never going from one room to another with an object, so that when I go looking for it I limit the area.  But sometimes I srew up and do end up in another room with an object and then it's time to go shopping cuz I ain't never seeing it again.  FML

Any miscreant who comes into my house is getting shot with a neon pink firearm.  When I go for a walk I have the neon green tear gas or taser.  I'm not into stabbing.  Too personal

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

The pickle is wrapped in a serviette 

13497643_843389422461375_753970374468075

Koka, a serviette would be too classy; we're talking Duggars so it's a paper towel.  It only makes the photo slightly less disturbing, so they get some credit for that.

• Love 1

I noticed all kinds of stuff on the floor, both sides of the rug, by the couch, etc.  Then there is the leather couch and the kid sitting on a leather chair , in front of and facing the same way as the couch.  Fugly hard to figure out furniture too.  Wonder where he was.  At first I thought it was a garage.  Then I noticed the furniture and couch.

4 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

What a grubby little urchin he is! WTF is that in the background? Looks like dog or cat poo!

I think it's just a leaf-pattern accent in the corner of the rug. Though the white bits look like legitimate litter of some sort.

• Love 2
(edited)

Have to say, I've seen those same gross looking fingernails on my hard working Subaru certified mechanic son, so Justin HAS been hard at work on something mechanical.  (are we sure he's a Duggar?)

Maybe they're waking up to the fact that they need to learn useful, marketable skills. (Nah)

Edited by ChiCricket
One more thought
  • Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Remember that video of Justin working on a car and there was another man in it that they called "Pastor" - was that Jeremy?

Could've been, but I think I recall that it was that northwest Arkansas guy who got bad publicity recently for sticking pamphlets about the the evil of gayness inpeople's doors -- and maybe enlisting some young kids to spread his message? Can't remember his name, but I think it was him. They've been seen hanging around with him quite a lot over the past year or so, especially some of the howlers -- more pictures of him than of Jeremy, I suppose because they were keeping Jer on the downlow. I think that guy's married, perhaps?

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1