Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

Cute picture. I'm glad someone is showing Mere attention. I always felt like she was the undeserving casualty of her parents' marital problems. I've been wondering if Anna is starting to slowly check out now that she has J'Slaves to watch her kids for her.

• Love 1
On June 2, 2016 at 1:09 AM, louannems said:

Jeremiah has graduated from Alert Academy and he won an award for being an - get this- AN ENCOURAGER!!!  Of course, Michelle wore her eye-catching wild, floral print blouse that we all love!  She does not seem to have many clothes.  

At Alert, Jer learned to loath laziness and curb his anger.  He learned diligence and how to DRAW CLOSER TO THE LORD. He loved Alert!

http://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.duggarfamily.com%2Fmichelles-blog%3FID%3Daaf05fbb-baa6-4f11-a55e-cc507dc12b46&h=DAQF2WMUt&enc=AZNcAU4d-zdV9pijSHLjYxFWqLA-FpNIjX5iDJw9licoM3wYfA0MpI0jjD6qukinsmA&s=1

That's a pretty snazzy uniform for something that means practically nothing.

• Love 5

They don't own TVs, yet they watch movies on little lap tops. Why not just buy a TV and watch whatever it is they are allowed to watch on a screen big enough for more than two people who wouldn't have to sit inches away.

Just because you own something doesn't mean you have to use it all the time - just look at their kitchen.

• Love 23

I have teens and I swear the computer is worse. They can literally watch ANYTHING (hello, Josh)  At least the TV is a choice of X number of channels that I pay for so I know what is going on.

I'm always puzzled by the Duggar computers love but TV hate. Espeically now. 

• Love 2

wait wait wait WAIT... ummm is Meredith the first to have her ears pierced???? Really??? Any of the other J'Slaves and such have pierced ears???  wouldn't that be cause for shunning?  my head is spinning. what did I miss???????

• Love 1
On 5/24/2016 at 3:25 AM, Micks Picks said:

This is a slightly more personal message than most of them get.  I personally like Jackson, like his smile, and wisecracks, and he makes me smile.

Definitely an FU interwebs post. See, MEchelle really does know her kids, y'all! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DawgMom said:

wait wait wait WAIT... ummm is Meredith the first to have her ears pierced???? Really??? Any of the other J'Slaves and such have pierced ears???  wouldn't that be cause for shunning?  my head is spinning. what did I miss???????

I think most of the girls have their ears pierced.

33 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think most of the girls have their ears pierced.

No way.  REALLY?!?!?!  Wow... I gotta pay more attention!  My mind is so blown.

I think Duggar daughters can get their ears pierced at 18. They didn't start wearing earrings until maybe 3 or 4 years ago, around the time the book came out. 

Anna also pierced Mack's ears super young. 

By contrast, the Bates girls can't pierce their ears until they marry. Carlin, etc. wear clip-ons, as did Alyssa on her wedding day (she and Erin later got them pierced. Not sure about Michael).

(edited)

Who in the seven hells pierces the ears of a baby?? And why? Piercings fucking hurt and there's always a risk of infection if you're not careful about cleaning them so why would anyone do that to a child too young to even want them or understand what they're for? Like, how do you explain to a ten-month old why you just punched two holes in their flesh?

Edited by Vaysh
spelling
  • Love 3
(edited)

Yes, as I noted above, Mack had her ears pierced at around 4-6 months. 

The Duggar girls appear to share the same pair of fugly dangling earrings, although Jill seems to have bought some of her own in Danger America. I hope she helped the local economy rather than buying them at Wally World.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

I posted the pic of Joy with the kids in school uniforms in the Lonely J's thread. It's  a tough call, but she IS 18 now and was teased about courting for the entirety of JJ:CO. 

I've lived all my life in a cultural zoo.  I didn't get my ears pierced until I was really old, and you can't get your ears pierced by anybody anymore until I think 18 unless mom is with you (a note won't work) It's easier to get an abortion, for crying out loud.  But I remember all my life seeing babies with pierced ears.  They were Italian, Mexican, Central American, etc.  Not done in my area of this zoo.

The jewelry sold by the "natives" is stated by Derrick to be for the mission.  So to my horror he is getting the profit off the jewelry.  There is no market that they are selling to to improve their own lives, but to support the mission.  Horrors.

• Love 3

He's claiming that it's local economy, so I HOPE that SOS provides them supplies (sort of like Heifer Internation, but with beads and stuff), and ALL the profits go to the artists. I'm sure tracts are part of the deal regardless of how the cut goes.  The Dullards don't tend to ban "haters," so I'd love to ask them about this aspect. 

I think anything that isn't straight up ass-kissing as labeled as a hater. There is no black and white (aka questions/skepticism) with these fools. It looks like they got both Cancel the Duggars and The Umbrella Army shut down on FB. And no one there was suggesting anything that we don't talk about here. As for me, I actually toned it down on FB, because it was common knowledge in these groups that the Duggar Huggers (as they were commonly known) would stalk you, report your pictures, and in some cases, contact employers about your conduct. It was strongly recommended that one lock down their FB page as tightly as possible to deter these freaks. 

I don't know any Duggar critic who has gone this far on a Duggar "Hugger" page. I know I was blocked by a woman named Diane Stadherr (or somesuch). Most everyone I know got blocked by her when they posted anything not absolutely groveling at the Duggars' feet. She's been a laughingstock for years. 

• Love 4

Getting blocked by Diane is a badge of honour:-)) Even I got blocked and I've only ever bothered once or twice. She's unhinged.

I haven't experienced it myself, and I wouldn't be bothered at all, aaaaaaaaaaand my profile is locked tight as it should be, but apparently yes, there have been people who are so mentally unhinged that they will take it personally when some heathen insults this "wonderful godly Family (TM)" and report and call and what not.

I'm flabbergasted that they should do this. WHY on earth would you?

• Love 3

Nobody was really willing to criticize the Duggars until they:

• Covered up Josh's misdeeds
  • Made Jill and Jessa defend Josh on national TV
  • Demonstrated just how ignorant and uneducated and indigent their children are.
  • Fraternized with conservative hate groups and made robocalls.
  • Checked out on raising their kids and made their oldest daughters slaves
  • Stunted their children to the point they are incapable of functioning or earning a living outside the family bubble
  • Promoted their extreme religious views about modesty and purity and their batshit crazy religious beliefs.
  • Started grifting as a way of life and their pathetic famewhoring.

Pretty much the only critique most people had prior to robocalls and Joshgate  was maybe they had too many kids and over the top conservative and those horrid prairie dresses, but as long as they weren't hurting anyone....not anymore...

• Love 7

True.

It's amazing how the tide has turned. Even with all the deleted comments on their official page, it's still full of criticism. Those fangirl blogs ditto.

Doesn't the fact that they chose to be on telly at all kind of void their "we are so modest, and harmless little Christians"? Showing yourself off to the breathless public is not modest. At all.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Micks Picks said:

I've lived all my life in a cultural zoo.  I didn't get my ears pierced until I was really old, and you can't get your ears pierced by anybody anymore until I think 18 unless mom is with you (a note won't work) It's easier to get an abortion, for crying out loud.  But I remember all my life seeing babies with pierced ears.  They were Italian, Mexican, Central American, etc.  Not done in my area of this zoo.

The jewelry sold by the "natives" is stated by Derrick to be for the mission.  So to my horror he is getting the profit off the jewelry.  There is no market that they are selling to to improve their own lives, but to support the mission.  Horrors.

Bolded, that's the way I read it too...

• Love 1

Baby ear piercings are hugely common in latin (hispanic? I may have the distinction incorrect here) cultures. It is also possible to get them done by a doctor, at the doctor's office (my sister had my niece's done this way, although when she was a bit older, maybe 6 or so). My very feminist professor is Cuban and had her daughter's ear's pierced when she was an infant at the doctor's office, and how she received some negative commentary about it from friends. It's not something I would ever choose to do for a child of mine, but I don't think it is in and of itself a bad thing. 

• Love 4

Right, I indicated that you couldn't get a minor's ears pierced anymore by a professional or at a jewelry store or whatever without the parent being there.  But it was common from time I was a child and noticed such things that most baby girls in other cultures had their ear pierced.  I go lightly on a lot things, because people have a variety of child rearing and feeding and medicating practices that sound awful, but they have been proliferating quite nicely for thousands of years.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Looks like Famy and King Dill Pickle are in difficulties according to the tabloids. 

They Did an episode of Couples Therapy. To keep Amy's name out there, I suspect.

Couples Therapy?  Isn't that the one where it goes on for many weeks?  Mama June and Sugar Bear were recent victims.  Anything for a buck.  Gee, if anybody wants to join me we could make a couple and make some bank.  We are al well known as most of these people.  Or it might be the one that Jon Gosselin was on, which is even worse.  Barf.

A new season of Couple's Therapy just started, and the Kings aren't on it. I guess they film these things a months in advance? 

What drama will supposedly happy newlyweds bring? Will they get shut down while telling some girl from Little People LA about Jesus?

I hadn't heard about Dillweed being in debt. I guess we will find out just how good of actors they are if these rumors are true and they actually did this. How else would someone associated from Mob Wives know who the hell Famy is? 

(edited)
On 6/6/2016 at 1:49 PM, DoctorWhovian said:

Baby ear piercings are hugely common in latin (hispanic? I may have the distinction incorrect here) cultures. It is also possible to get them done by a doctor, at the doctor's office (my sister had my niece's done this way, although when she was a bit older, maybe 6 or so). My very feminist professor is Cuban and had her daughter's ear's pierced when she was an infant at the doctor's office, and how she received some negative commentary about it from friends. It's not something I would ever choose to do for a child of mine, but I don't think it is in and of itself a bad thing. 

Yes, agreed, I have lived in some heavily hispanic neighborhoods in NYC and it's all over.  As someone who had hers done as a teen and wasn't very good at taking care of them ("but I can't SEE the back of my ears, Mom..."), mine have basically grown over and are useless, so I can see the sense in wanting to do it when you the parent can wrangle the aftercare around.  Perhaps not appreciated by the baby, but by the pre/teen version of the girlchild.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 1

Eh, I must be in the minority but I just find any type of body modification done without informed consent to be ooky. Especially if it involves pain and doesn't serve any purpose aside from being ornamental. The argument that it's traditional or cultural doesn't sit well with me because there are an awful lot of awful things that are or used to be done in the name of tradition and culture. YMMV of course.

• Love 6

I got my ears pierced when I was in the 4th grade (or just after, for my 10th birthday). I was ready, took care of them diligently, yet still wound up with an infection in my left ear. I had to allow it to close up and had it re-done 6 months later. To this day, I have problems with that ear, so it's my body, not negligence. 

The point is, I hope that these little girls don't have any problems with infection before they are old enough to take care of their ears themselves. I just saw a 4 month old with pierced ears on my IG feed today, and everytime I see that, I worry. She's Anglo, so it's not a cultural thing here; it's purely vanity. I hope these mothers are prepared to deal with ripped out earrings, infections, etc. 

Yes, it's cute, but I'm in the "not until they can take care of it themselves" camp. 

• Love 6

I had to be sixteen. And there weren't piercing-kiosks in the 60s so had a family-friend/nurse do the deed. Not the best choice. She was good with the cleanliness but not so good with pierce placement. Years later I had them evened out and was reminded of what a pain in the ass aftercare is. And gave up the multiple piercings idea.

Yeah, though I'm not against babies or little girls having their ears pierced on principle, I really think it ought to be choice of the kid. This sect is against infant baptism because they say they don't have a choice, but they'll pierce a baby's ears?  I'm just sayin....?

• Love 8

I usually lurk but just chiming in to say I think it's better to wait until the kid has some say in it.

My mother had my ears pierced when I was under 1 year old--not for cultural reasons, just because she liked that sort of thing herself. I wasn't old enough to talk yet, but I made my lack of pleasure well known by then spending the rest of the afternoon screaming, which was not my default mode, and trying to rip them out of my ears to the point of causing bleeding. My dad came home from work, was horrified, and had them removed. 

Needless to say, those piercings have since grown over, and I just never had the desire to get them pierced again. I think it's fine if other people want to pierce their ears, but I do think they should be old enough to have a say in it and also to be able to do whatever aftercare is required. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Yeah, though I'm not against babies or little girls having their ears pierced on principle, I really think it ought to be choice of the kid. This sect is against infant baptism because they say they don't have a choice, but they'll pierce a baby's ears?  I'm just sayin....?

and what about circumcision?

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Ahhhh, irony.

I got mine pierced for my First Communion, apparently because my best friend got pearl studs to wear with her dress and my I wanted some as well.  (Yes, they were fake.)  My mother took me to Claire's a week before the blessed event.  Turns out I have a flap of cartilage that runs across the back of my lobes that is really tough and things ... well ... they did not go well.  To this day I rarely wear earrings in those holes but they never close up.  

I've also had at least one piercing in top of my left ear since I was fourteen.  That one I did myself and successfully hid from my parents until it was healed up.