Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

Michelle's teeth, at least recently have been white but JB's are always a lovely dim yellow. So the boys get their yellow teeth from JB and baldness from Michelle. I almost feel sorry for them.

I'm pretty sure Michelle has had her teeth bleached. In older pics and episodes, they are a more natural shade of yellow. Actually, I think it's more common for teeth to be naturally yellowish more than white. It's just our culture's obsession with perfect, movie-star looks that makes us think otherwise.

• Love 14

You know, I have long wondered about Justin's looks. He's a spunky cute kid, but he is not Duggar looking. He's the only Howler who has ever had bangs. All the others have always had the chair gelled, gooped, sprayed, spikes and sculpted. But Justin combs his hair down and natural.

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/

True. As I mentioned in another thread, Josie would look cute with bangs.

• Love 1

Totes agree. He came from the milk man.

The milk man! Dating ourselves a bit there. :-)

Seriously, with nineteen kids you're going to have variation. Given how eager Mechelle is to sleep with Boob ("It doesn't take too long.") I can't quite see her getting it on with anyone else...

I don't see anything wrong with what Johannah is doing there; it looks like very normal role-playing to me. But the fact that every single thing she ever does -- every tiny moment of spontaneity -- gets posted on the web and scrutinized and condemned by complete strangers all over the world, will probably wipe out any trace of curiosity or creativity she may have. Poor child.

• Love 6

I'm pretty sure Michelle has had her teeth bleached. In older pics and episodes, they are a more natural shade of yellow. Actually, I think it's more common for teeth to be naturally yellowish more than white. It's just our culture's obsession with perfect, movie-star looks that makes us think otherwise.

So true. Its really noticeable when I watch some of the first color movies on Movie TV. The natural teeth of the leads wouldn't pass a screening test for todays flix.
  • Love 3

I think Justin and Jackson have the same father.

Josie's father was a traveling interocitor salesman.

15i6nt1.jpg

Read all the names here aloud, top to bottom, going along without pauses. Now, is there any competition - at all - for the name that sounds like a dead clack of a broken key on the piano? Nope, it's just Ben and Jessa again. Being those free-wheeling, independent rogue-mavericks that they are. No wedding cake, no public first kiss, and a baby named Spurgeon. What heights they're going to achieve.

How clueless they are...

• Love 11

With all the J names available, they still did - Jana, Joy-Anna & Johannah. And Joseph, Josiah & Josie. And of course Jinger.

Joshua and Josiah bug me far less than Jana/Joy-Anna/Johannah. All their biblical names are derived from an English pronunciation of the Germanic J which is pronounced (in German) as Y, which is a transliteration of Latin I, but Jana/Joy-Anna/Johannah is just so incredibly lazy.
  • Love 1

Read all the names here aloud, top to bottom, going along without pauses. Now, is there any competition - at all - for the name that sounds like a dead clack of a broken key on the piano? 

Well, not really, but he's lucky he gets to be next to Jinger.  

With any luck, strangers to the blog and show will chime in with that longwinded explanation people who don't understand linguistics, sometimes give for it, instead of focusing on the dread that Spurgeon brings.  Where they seem to think you pronounce it like Jingle Bells, and not Ginger Candy.

• Love 1

eta quote

Cane or guide/service dog.

Hi Amy

What did a dog ever do to you to justify this?

Please! Think of the dog!!

I don't think I'd trust a Duggar with a guppy.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 2

https://www.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/a.518180528315601.1073741828.510067475793573/735321803268138/?type=3&theater

Yet another birthday with one of those melted, globby, blobby sundaes with a candle stuck in the center. But Happy Birthday, Justin !!! 

Methinks Ma and Pa Duggar have been listening in to their negative PR, maybe even here !

Instead of the insultingly generic descriptions of their children (Happy Birthday, J-Person Number ??? ! You have, uh... arms and legs, and have a heart for the Lord ! Blessing precious special flower encourage purpose !) they seemed to have actually written something specific to Justin. Cars, engines, athletics. Hmmm...

It all boiled down to him being a "preaching mechanic" to me, though. Way to cut through the awareness of your child's actual personality only to knock him back to a something-something-whatever soldier of God.

Can't any of their kids, for once, just for ONCE, just be a kid ? 

• Love 11

https://www.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/a.518180528315601.1073741828.510067475793573/735321803268138/?type=3&theater

Yet another birthday with one of those melted, globby, blobby sundaes with a candle stuck in the center. But Happy Birthday, Justin !!! 

Methinks Ma and Pa Duggar have been listening in to their negative PR, maybe even here !

Instead of the insultingly generic descriptions of their children (Happy Birthday, J-Person Number ??? ! You have, uh... arms and legs, and have a heart for the Lord ! Blessing precious special flower encourage purpose !) they seemed to have actually written something specific to Justin. Cars, engines, athletics. Hmmm...

It all boiled down to him being a "preaching mechanic" to me, though. Way to cut through the awareness of your child's actual personality only to knock him back to a something-something-whatever soldier of God.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I guess they could fudge the "no Googling themselves" rule by having someone do it for them. They engage in Google by proxy.

FB Quote: Happy birthday, Justin! You are our family mechanic, who not only loves but excels at working on cars and trucks! We see a bright future for you as our preaching mechanic!

Justin is also very athletic, and enjoys beating his older brothers in football and basketball! He brings our family much happiness.

We love you, Justin. Happy birthday!!!

ETA: Preaching mechanic? Can't he just be a mechanic who believes in God?

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 11

No bow tie, Justin?

Their birthday wishes always seem like they're reading off of a fortune cookie and inserting 'J' child's name. Very generic birthday wishes. Like they literally went on http://www.fortunecookiemessage.com/archive.php and pulled phrases from there.

• Love 3

Is it me, or do the Duggar parents seem like they're listing Justin's resume' to sell him off to the highest bidder? A list of "great things he does", likes, talents, etc..? Why can't those two EVER speak or write anything real, and warm about their own child or children? It seems to me like a distantly cold "trying to be warm" post.

I believe that BOTH Jim Bob and Michelle have relationship issues and they overcompensate, Jim Bob with the "sex stuff" and Michelle with the "overly sweet, and the wooooonderful husband crap". No one actually speaks like either of them in the real world and claim to actually be mature, middle aged, well adjusted people. I feel sorry for Justin,, as it was his turn in the rotation to spend that "quality time" having a lunch with his parents on "his day"...yeah, there are 18 others who have such a special day...it gets washed out IMO after the 10th birthday of the year if you ask me. Hopefully Michelle "scheduled" his birthday lunch right around the time for his preset 15 minutes with his parents. That way, they didn't have to see the poor kid twice in the same week. Someone should help those poor kids. Why doesn't the grandmother step up? How can she be a part of this travesty and stand quietly by while her grandchildrens' lives are wasted away?

• Love 4

My brother in law's brother is a Catholic priest, before he became a priest he was an auto mechanic talk about switching gears.

• Love 3

And why does Jim Boob have his ugly mug in the picture? Can't Justin even have a birthday pic by himself? 

Edited by gingerandcloves
  • Love 3

"Justin Duggar, Preachin' Mechanic" - I only hope he also plays the guitar and sings. Because this is a great basis for a reality show. Justin and a hunky accountability partner travel the U.S. in a red vintage Corvette, stopping along the way to earn a little money by mechanic-ing, and dispensing Godly folk wisdom while reefing on spark plugs. They will leave each town just a little better than they found it.

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 11

I wonder if they will actually let him get a proper education in auto mechanics or if they will just let him tinker away and learn by observing a real mechanic for a few hours. With attached accountability partner Jackson of course. Cars these days are a lot more complicated and computerised than they used to be and from what I understand the vocational training has become increasingly theoretical compared to how it was just a few decades ago. Are there Christian trade/vocational schools? Because I just can't imagine Boob letting any of his kids attend any school not heavily fundie.

• Love 6

Is it me, or do the Duggar parents seem like they're listing Justin's resume' to sell him off to the highest bidder? A list of "great things he does", likes, talents, etc..? Why can't those two EVER speak or write anything real, and warm about their own child or children? It seems to me like a distantly cold "trying to be warm" post.

Actually I think it was a Fuck You Internetz! moment. People have been noting for some time that all the birthday wishes are interchangeable, every kid has a loving heart and a love of Jesus, etc. So this one is very specific: "Justin is interested in auto mechanics, Justin is a good athlete. See?? We do TOO know specific facts about individual children!" I'm sure Jana was happy to draw up that list for them.

Edited by JenCarroll
  • Love 12

"Justin Duggar, Preachin' Mechanic" - I only hope he also plays the guitar and sings. Because this is a great basis for a reality show. Justin and a hunky accountability partner travel the U.S. in a red vintage Corvette, stopping along the way to earn a little money by mechanic-ing, and dispensing Godly folk wisdom while reefing on spark plugs. They will leave each town just a little better than they found it.

Singing with piano. I think only pinkos own guitars.
  • Love 5

You want Justin to travel the country with Guy Fieri?

• Love 7

I wonder if they will actually let him get a proper education in auto mechanics or if they will just let him tinker away and learn by observing a real mechanic for a few hours. With attached accountability partner Jackson of course. Cars these days are a lot more complicated and computerised than they used to be and from what I understand the vocational training has become increasingly theoretical compared to how it was just a few decades ago. Are there Christian trade/vocational schools? Because I just can't imagine Boob letting any of his kids attend any school not heavily fundie.

http://crowntradesandtech.com/programs/#auto

• Love 1

Justin and Jackson, The Odd Couple. They look alike, but they couldn't be more different!

And Catholics. US Catholics are big on guitars in church.

Oh and Lawson "Jet Screamer" Bates.

When my friend was in seminary school they used to take the super-sized communion hosts and make pbj sandwiches out of them.

• Love 3

Joy Anna has an Instagram account. I bet she's courting.

There are a surprising amount of fake social media accounts impersonating the Duggar kids. You would think that they, having nothing better to do, would spend some time reporting the fake accounts to have them deleted. For instance, there is a fake Jana twitter account that is The Worst.

When my friend was in seminary school they used to take the super-sized communion hosts and make pbj sandwiches out of them.

Gross. Don't the wafers melt in your mouth so you don't chew Jesus, an then the PB would adhere to your palate? (Not meaning to be rude re:wafers; grew up on those myself in the Episcopal Church.)

• Love 1

Gross. Don't the wafers melt in your mouth so you don't chew Jesus, an then the PB would adhere to your palate? (Not meaning to be rude re:wafers; grew up on those myself in the Episcopal Church.)

When I was attending military school in Ks I attended their Episcopal Church, the Catholic Church was to far away.

Robin Williams described the Episcopal Church as Catholic Lite

• Love 2

I guess now we know where Justin and Jackson will be going in about ten years time then. If this school is connected to Clown College does that mean that it's not accredited either? (Not that I know if you need a real degree/license to work as an automechanic).

Who knows? But it's obviously got to be a lot easier to set up a creditable single-topic technical program than to get a whole college accredited. Those two things aren't even in the same ballpark when it comes to complexity.

The outside group (AUtomotive SErvice Excellence)  involved in the auto-diesel training appears to be national and looks pretty rational:   https://www.ase.com/Home.aspx

And here's what Crown says:

"The Auto Diesel Technician Training Program is a two year training program designed to prepare students to become proficient, entry level technicians in both automotive and heavy duty diesel trucks with ASE certifications.

"The student will receive comprehensive instruction from knowledgeable ASE Certified instructors who have over 50 years of combined professional experience. Thorough classroom and hands-on training using modern techniques and industry standard tools to troubleshoot and diagnose computer and electronic systems, engine overhaul, transmissions, brakes, steering, suspensions, electronics and all other systems and sub-systems for cars, light, medium, and heavy duty trucks.

"Upon graduation from this course the students will be trained as entry level technicians in both automotive and heavy duty vehicles. Receiving training in both auto and diesel will increase the student’s marketability and opportunity in a competitive job market.

"Students are required to have at least two ASE certifications by graduation. ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) certifications are the standard in the automotive and heavy duty industry, highly recognized and respected as a high standard of achievement. These certifications are offered several times throughout each year.

"The two-year Auto / Diesel program is divided into four semesters, two fall semesters beginning each August and continuing through December, and two spring semesters beginning each January and continuing through May. While completing these Auto / Diesel courses, students will also be enrolled in selected Bible classes to instill a solid foundation for life. Bible courses are offered through Crown College of the Bible and qualifies the student to earn a Foundation for Christian Life Certificate."

• Love 2

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/pb.510067475793573.-2207520000.1447856955./735865236547128/?type=3&source=54&refid=17

Is Joy a lost girl or a lonely J ? I think she straddles both circles. Here she is pictured with a miniature horse, or maybe a pony. In the early shows, Joy was a twitchy little girl and tween. Frequently, the camera would quickly pan out while she made her twitchy faces. She has really grown up and seems much more natural than her older sisters.

• Love 2

Gross. Don't the wafers melt in your mouth so you don't chew Jesus...

I was going to ask if this is actually a true thing, but it doesn't really matter if it is or not. I laughed so hard my mascara is ruined at 9:00 AM anyway.

• Love 4