Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

The reaction of Derick's brother and mother to the baby announcement is priceless. They are both stunned, and it's just the sort of reaction one would expect from the family of a young newlywed groom who didn't even kiss his wife until the wedding. Jill seemed a little put off by their reaction. I think she was expecting them to be jumping up and down and turning cartwheels. Instead they both gave off a "What's the rush?" vibe.

Edited by Hpmec
  • Love 3

I think you're right. To Jill, the whole point of marriage is to "purpose" to have babies. Why her in-laws wouldn't be thrilled that they "succeeded" right out of the gate must be confusing for her.

I was also really put-off by the phone call. The Duggars were all given the news in person at a family meeting while the Dillard's only rated a telephone call? I realize that this was all staged, but the optics of it were really bad.

• Love 4

Jill did seem to be a little taken aback by their reactions.  But in her family and social group (using that word loosely), your sole purpose in life is to have babies.  "Babies are like flowers, you can never have too many" is her mother's favorite line.  She's probably never witnessed anyone appear less than thrilled and not praising the Lord for the newest blessing. 

Edit:  Derick and Jill apparently went to an OSU women's basketball game today.  Derick also dressed up as Pistol Pete.  Sorry if these are huge or don't show up, I'm not sure how to post pictures really. :)

10997160_10152594037507307_7252427095994

11018847_1024997530861848_64148316316498

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 1

Jill did seem to be a little taken aback by their reactions.  But in her family and social group (using that word loosely), your sole purpose in life is to have babies.  "Babies are like flowers, you can never have too many" is her mother's favorite line.  She's probably never witnessed anyone appear less than thrilled and not praising the Lord for the newest blessing. 

Edit:  Derick and Jill apparently went to an OSU women's basketball game today.  Derick also dressed up as Pistol Pete.  Sorry if these are huge or don't show up, I'm not sure how to post pictures really. :)

10997160_10152594037507307_7252427095994

11018847_1024997530861848_64148316316498

This is a pic from a fan's IG.  Derick dressed as Pistol Pete at the game.  Is that the TLC film crew in the second pic?  If it is then maybe it will be shown on 19KAC.

10995246_620864381379543_684244379_n.jpg

Edited by abseedee

Are these real midwives or fundie midwives?

I think the midwives have some education, but just how much is unknown.  I'm hoping that whoever these ladies are, they have the experience and education to know when they need to insist on consulting an obstetrician or transferring to a hospital. 

At this point, Jill is expressing confidence and says there is also a backup plan in case things don't go well.  I don't think she'd insist to the point of idiocy on a home birth if things start to go wrong; her own mother has made much use of the skills and technological assistance of many heathen health care professionals in order to have her own mega-family.

And I hope Derrick let's his kids get a real education.

If Jill remains true to her training her children will be homeschooled and be socially and educationally stunted, although maybe not as bad as the younger Duggars appear to be.

We'll just have to wait and see if Derrick is OK with that or if he puts his foot down and insists on his children being better educated than his giggly, immature broodmare.  Right now he's letting Jill call all the shots, but he may assert himself later on when the 'new' wears off, especially if Jill continues to suffocate him with her constant need for having him close and attentive.

I wonder if Derrick can have a real conversation with Jill about current events or education

As for discussions on education, politics, current events, or history...  I don't think they have them and if they start having a lot of children close together they may not have the time for such things for quite a few years.  The majority of their time, attention, and financial resources will have to be dedicated to the children.  If Jill proves to be as fertile and as committed to having a large family as her mother was, they could be in their 50's before they have a chance to take a breath and really look at each other.  By then they both might be so worn out that they just don't care anymore about things going on in the outside world.

Wow, those pictures of Jill with Derrick dressed as Pistol Pete are awful. That tight orange shirt stretched over that huge belly and that dirty looking long striped skirt, not to mention the filthy looking canvas shoes - awful. I know women carry babies differently, but still think Jill is abnormally huge. I see nothing but a mini Michelle when looking at Jill - unkempt and full of her pseudo celebrity status. Jill does seem to handle young children better than her mother, but that is about the only difference I see. 

• Love 1

What?! I can't believe my eyes. Jill looks like trailer park trash, and MY APOLOGIES to anyone who lives in a mobile home....(NOT YOU)..Does she realize that she looks exactly like those women on the team who actually stuck a basketball underneath their shirts? That girl needs serious help and right now. No common sense or taste at all.

This family really needs to publicly address their belief system at this time...for all the years they have been on TV, they have stated that they don't participate nor do they watch team sports..especially females playing basketball; they are not only wearing "pants", but they are SHORTS and everyone can see their "girls" probably bounding around...not in the Duggar godly belief system..so how is it that Jill is attending these events? She also has been photographed bringing her younger brothers to sporting events with female cheerleaders and ungodly music on he PA system. Where do they stand on these things? If the has been brought up to believe like this, and is now attending these events, her husband deems NOT ungodly, and she must listen to him, does she believe that she, at the end of the day, has compromised her belief system that she has been taught her whole life? It's ok to "sin" if you husband doesn't think it's a sin? These people are out of reality, IMO.

Still, in conclusion, Jill looks absolutely awful...top to bottom. That outfit is a lesson in the "birds and bees " that the public does NOT need. Yuck...

• Love 4

Floridamom you are so right. The only time I've heard them mention watching sport was when they went to Ireland and the facts bubble said they are fans of some college football team.. what?!? Why haven't we seen them at a game on the show? That would be an Interesting episode. How they travel, how much it costs for tickets, food, and souvenirs. And them enjoying the games as a family. They only say the Duggars are sports fans because Ben and Derick are. (Jessa getting a television to watch sports and Jill at sporting events)

This really anoys me.

Oh and floridamom, Jill doesn't look the least bit guilty being at that game.

• Love 1

I think Derick looks rougher than Jill. He looks like he just rolled out of bed and threw on some clothes. Jill actually looks pretty cute, her hair is washed and brushed, and she's got a little makeup on. I can't really blame her for wearing that tired looking skirt though, you tend to run out of a lot of options that late in pregnancy. But, the shoes...Jill! Go out and buy some new shoes or throw this pair, you're so fond of wearing, in the washer more often.

She is probaly at the game because well, Derick is introducing her to new things. It's good for her. Of course her shirt is going to be tight, she is very pregnant.

I am glad she is doing new things instead of following Michelle's every thought. It makes no sense to complain about her when she acts like her mom OR when she doesn't.

I think she looks like a pregnant sports fan.

• Love 11

It's one thing to have the clingy shirt, but that skirt is very immodest in my opinion, along with looking cheap. In the picture with Derick as Pete, the skirt looks tighter (outlining more things) than a nice pair of maternity slacks/jeans would be. Even a pair of looser sweat- type pants would have been better, if not more comfortable. As we have said before, don't these people own mirrors?

I'm not following. Why is Jill blasted for going to a sports game unlike her family once married but someone like Alyssa Bates is praised for wearing jeans and sleeveless shirts unlike her family once married?

And, why should Jill have to care so much about what she looks like? She's, what, 8 months pregnant? Put on a skirt and show some team spirit by putting on a team shirt. What's so trailer park about that? (and if not meant to those living in a mobile home, then whom precisely?)

I do think the other women putting basketballs up their shirts is strange because it seems like they're promoting "everyone be pregnant!" which is just...too much. But, I think probably they meant it to come off silly.

But in regard to going to a sports game and Jill's attire, with respect, I'm really failing to understand the logic and emotion behind being offended.

Edited by Betweenyouandme
  • Love 24

Dear Alyssa Bates: PLEASE give Jill some style pointers. And get her OUT of those dowdy long skirts!  

The pic of Jill standing on the sidelines next to Pistol Pete. Does Derick EVER get some space to BREATHE?  Jilly Muffin, BACK OFF a little. Sit in a seat and watch your husband enjoy something on his own. No need for you to be standing two inches from his side AT ALL TIMES. Jesus Christ, someone check for an umbilical cord attaching Jill to the poor guy's side. Sit down and take a load off (literally). 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 4

I'm so lost right now.  I think Jill looks absolutely fine.  She looks no different than any other woman who is 8 months pregnant, but maybe I just know some dowdy people?  I kind of like she doesn't seem to obsess about how she looks. The skirt is probably super comfortable right now and she probably threw on an OSU shirt to show some team spirit.  We really can't ask for anything more. The girl can't catch a break.  

I'm not even going to touch on the fact that we are complaining because she's at a college basketball game, sitting amongst normal people. Some people on Instagram even said she toured a frat house.  We should be rejoicing, people! 

• Love 17

Why is Derick dressed as a mascot? Is that a part time job or does colleges offer guest people to dress up from time to time?

I'm glad Jill (and Jessa) is interested In sports. I just wished it was broadcasted on the show at all, because first they say they don't like it but now the family does? Jill and derick took James so several basketball games last year when they were still courting and if JB was so against it then James wouldn't have gone.

I understand what you're saying Spencer Hastings, but I disagree.

I dislike the clothes that the girls where (in particular the floor sweeping denim skirts, and the layers and layers of tops), but Jill always looks particularly bad. Look at how that skirt bunches oddly at her crotch and hangs oddly (all the way to the floor). Assuming Jill intends to be pregnant for the next twenty years, there is no reason that she couldn't invest in some decent maternity clothes. Maternity clothing is made to be comfortable and to fit appropriately.

I do think that she looks good in the picture with the OSU sweatshirt -- it fits and isn't stretching uncomfortably across her chest and belly.

It's not about being obsessed with appearance or fashion, simply about dressing in an appropriate manner for her body and for the occasion. She had no choice about being in the public eye as a child, but she is now a married adult and she and Derick have chosen to live public lives. She already looks like a harried mother of ten who doesn't have the time or energy to dress herself well and just threw something on for a quick trip to the mailbox.

YMMV, but to me, modesty is, in part, not having your appearance scream for attention. Many of the girls consistently call attention to themselves by dressing inappropriately for the occasion: floor sweeping skirts at a basketball game, flip-flops on a hike, long skirts over pants at a construction site, etc.

• Love 2

I'm not following. Why is Jill blasted for going to a sports game unlike her family once married but someone like Alyssa Bates is praised for wearing jeans and sleeveless shirts unlike her family once married?

And, why should Jill have to care so much about what she looks like? She's, what, 8 months pregnant? Put on a skirt and show some team spirit by putting on a team shirt. What's so trailer park about that? (and if not meant to those living in a mobile home, then whom precisely?)

I do think the other women putting basketballs up their shirts is strange because it seems like they're promoting "everyone be pregnant!" which is just...too much. But, I think probably they meant it to come off silly.

But in regard to going to a sports game and Jill's attire, with respect, I'm really failing to understand the logic and emotion behind being offended.

I'm so lost right now.  I think Jill looks absolutely fine.  She looks no different than any other woman who is 8 months pregnant, but maybe I just know some dowdy people?  I kind of like she doesn't seem to obsess about how she looks. The skirt is probably super comfortable right now and she probably threw on an OSU shirt to show some team spirit.  We really can't ask for anything more. The girl can't catch a break.  

I'm not even going to touch on the fact that we are complaining because she's at a college basketball game, sitting amongst normal people. Some people on Instagram even said she toured a frat house.  We should be rejoicing, people! 

There are things that Jill says or does that annoys me but, not what she's wearing at 8 months pregnant.  What she wears at this point is probably what is comfortable for her.  That matters, more than any criticism she may get. 

I'm happy that she went to the basketball game with Derick because exposure to anything other than Duggarville to me is a good thing.

• Love 6

Why is Derick dressed as a mascot? Is that a part time job or does colleges offer guest people to dress up from time to time?

I'm glad Jill (and Jessa) is interested In sports. I just wished it was broadcasted on the show at all, because first they say they don't like it but now the family does? Jill and derick took James so several basketball games last year when they were still courting and if JB was so against it then James wouldn't have gone.

Derick was the mascot in his school days at OSU. College sports events could be a stealth way to make college/university life seem more "normal" to the Duggar kids that slides under the Jim Bob/Michelle "bad influence" radar and slowly, perhaps the kids will start to question why they can't go to a real college, too.

I think there were expectations that Jill's life would go a lot differently than it has, since marrying Derick. There were hopes for Jill to keep working at being a midwife, relish in her free time and picking up on all the educational/cultural things she's missed out on growing up Duggar, for Derick's mom to take her shopping for pants and an updated look, and mostly for Jill not to have a honeymoon baby, pretty much. So everything about Jill in reality—the clothes, the hair, the baby bump, Jill's so-called clinging to Derick, all of it—are reminders that Derick has been pulled more into the Duggar orbit than the reverse, of Derick helping Jill to make some sort of break for freedom and rebellion against Jim Bob and Gothard life. So it all irks, and when people are irked, they pick, pick, pick.

Also, there is a generational divide on how much maternity clothes should accentuate the bump and any pregnant woman in the public eye learns that people have very strong feelings on the issue.

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 8

They are probably filming this to make a point about Jill having a brand new life away from her family with Derick. On the subject of Derick helping Jill embrace the real world, she needs to embrace it on her own without clinging to Derick or expecting him to do it for her. What type of relationship will they have with Derick giving into her need of being in the spotlight and letting her and his father-in-law run the show when it comes to their personal life. Jill is so into the Duggar way of life that they will need to send out a search party to bring her back to reality.

On the subject of nickpicking Jill and Derick. They bring this on themselves by blindly going along with TLC and Jim Bob wants. Yes, it was her nitwit parents who started the whole thing, but she is suppose to be a grown woman with a baby on the way. She can say no to the whole thing, and Derick can put his foot down, but neither one of them seem to be a big rush to do so. They have no one to blame but themselves when people make comments about their so-called 24/7 perfect life spiel.

I haven't heard Jill or Derick complain over comments made about them. I've heard that they delete comments or block users on their social media, but they have that right, and they aren't being rude back to people. That's their space, and they don't have to keep negative comments. I'm not on Facebook, but I also see that as a way to protect their friends and fans from reading foul language, which I'm not saying everyone who disagrees with them uses. But, I can understand wanting to delete comments if they do happen to use it.

In my assertions that I don't hate or dislike Jill and Derick, I'm not making anyone else agree. I just don't understand it, and I don't want to do it. I think even though they're on TV, they don't have to sit there and entertain anyone's opinions, just like we don't have to entertain theirs if we so choose.

• Love 4

I beg to differ with some of the posts here. Although I agree that an expectant woman needs to dress comfortably, would we be saying that someone who is heavily overweight should wear clothing that doesn't fit and it too small? I think the public would criticize that person for not dressing for their body type. The same goes for Jill. She needs to dress for her body type as it is now...Her choices have been hideous, IMO. Yes, that girl needs to invest in some appropriately fitting outfits for maternity especially since she plans on "not preventing it" throughout her 50 year marriage that's ahead of her...so a good investment. Also she doesn't match her outfits at all. That's a negative too.

• Love 2

I honestly don't notice these things. People can point this stuff out to me until the cows come home and I still don't see anything wrong with her outfit. She looks like a girl at a basketball game to me.

But one of my 5th graders told me last week that I need to go on "What Not to Wear." I'm 27. So my opinion is probably invalid.

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 13

I'm a little overweight and love to wear stretch jeans that look like they may be too small for me but are actually comfortable. ; )  So what I'm saying is that even if Jill's clothes look small/tight they still may be comfortable for her.

Edited by abseedee
  • Love 6

I have to admit, if I were pregnant, I would probably keep wearing my regular t-shirts until they barely covered my bump, simply because I'm really cheap, and hate the idea of spending money on clothes I'm only going to wear for a couple of months. Although in Jill's case, maternity wear could be an investment if she's going to follow in her mother's insane footsteps.

• Love 3

If maternity wear is begun when it's supposed to be worn, then it gets more than two months wear.  Some maternity wear from the less expensive places will only last through one pregnancy so it's OK to have it fitting and be stylish and decent looking.  Jill has never had the best fashion sense overall of the older daughters.  She's pulled together some good looks on occasion though.  I don't think her skirt looks dirty or she looks unkempt so much as the orange shirt simply doesn't go with that skirt.  A plain black or blue skirt would have looked better and a size up on the shirt wouldn't have hurt at all.  

I was watching the Lifetime channel yesterday, and they were showing ads for a new show about women giving birth in the middle of the woods. Of course, I had to think of Jill. I can picture the family running though the woods while Jill is being carried by her arms and legs to a place where Derick delivers the baby.

I'm sure Cathy will be thrilled with her grandson. But I'm also hoping Dan and Cathy can pull Derick aside from time to time and remind him there's nothing sinful about NOT having a supersized family.

I've always liked Jill. I get that she's immature and clingy and rather narrow in her outlook. But she's the product of a dysfunctional environment, and I'm hoping that once the honeymoon period ends, Derick will begin to reclaim his normalcy and Jill will begin to assimilate his relatively mainstream ways.

Maybe I'm overly optimistic, but I'm rooting for them.

• Love 2

Count me in on not really seeing the issue with her outfit aside from the skirt not matching

I am not a big t shirt person but I think when I/if i get  pregnant if I will be a total bump-accentuator. I think when some women opt for the giant flowy mu mus they look huge and make themselves look way bigger than they are. 

Also I think its awesome that they went to a women's basketball game. I think thats a step in the right direction for Jill!!! Hopefully they let their children play organized sports...

• Love 4

If Derick's parents take him aside and talk to him about how many kids they should or should not have, I'd hope Derick politely tells his parents ( and that goes for Jim Bob and Michelle as well) tell them to mind their own damn business.

I am not a proponent of large families like the Duggars but I AM a fan of parents keeping their mouths shut on their children's marriages.

• Love 9

i think Jill's shirt was a bit too tight for someone who is constantly droning on about modesty.

For the average person? Sure. It's fine. It was just REALLY form fitting for a Duggar Girl.

Other than that, I didn't see anything wrong with what she was wearing. Jill does not have that "style" that other people have but that doesn't bother me.

• Love 2

It doesn't have to be an extreme on the maternity tops.  There is a middle ground between stuffed sausage and muu muu.  It's the area of fitting.  It's where there is room for material to properly drape and isn't so tight that it's stretching the item out of shape.  It's the look in the ads for maternity wear.  Most modern maternity wear is more body hugging than muu muu yet it isn't too tight.  Jill continually errs on the too tight and outgrown side  

• Love 3

I agree Absolom. Target sells maternity t shirts for $15. I have five children and the most recent is 3 years old so I'm current. I did not wear regular t shirts skin tight like that. I'm on a tight budget and I managed to salvage my outdated maternity clothes and pick up a few t shirts at Target and the used clothing store. I carry very big, very early. I got some maternity t shirts and then wore my regular cardigan sweater with it to make it stretch over all the seasons.

For a regular girl, I would give her orange team shirt a pass...for a Duggar? Kinda NIKE!!!!!

Edit to add: Not to mention, Jill is a public figure and she is very pro family/pregnancy/baby etc. I'm surprised she doesn't want to show how nice and pretty a pregnant woman can look.

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 3

I doubt the sports team they went to see had maternity shirts. But, even if they did, Jill maybe only went once. Maybe she even borrowed derick's or a girl friend's team shirt or they suggested she wear it. I don't think bc Jill is in the public eye, she has to look stylish. Hopefully, in her mind, she's trying to both share some fun times she had while keep the focus on God and family. Seeing her pictures, I thought nothing bad. I saw happy people having a nice time. There's tons of people who maybe don't wear the correct size clothing for various reasons. She means no harm, I don't think.

• Love 4

Maybe Jill should've sized up that orange shirt. It's a bit NIKE for a Duggar...not leaving anything to the imagination about her belly. I thought we should be looking at her face and not her body. Drawing attention to the countenance....

Like I said, for a regular person, I wouldn't even notice. I'm sure I jammed my pregnancy self into a few shirts that were too tight.

But after so much fuss on modesty, I think her shirt was too tight by Duggar standards. We never saw Michelle or Anna on camera wearing a shirt so tight. Duggars have high modesty standards (according to them) and I think this shirt was really too tight according to their own standards.

I don't care what Jill wears but it's the hyposcrisy I don't like.

Her skirt and sneakers looked passable to me. Her hair is kinda messy but if Derick likes it, I don't care.

The Duggars have often said their show is a ministry and way to encourage others...I think Jill would want to show the good side of pregnancy. Certainly not that she has to...she can wear whatever she wants. But the fact is, she is a public figure...

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 2

And yet, like I said, Alyssa Bates doing it isn't hypocrisy? I don't think either are!

Maybe Jill is just loosened up a bit since her mother or father weren't there. Plus, the idea of modesty is to keep away impure thoughts. I guess a pregnant belly highlights that this married couple had sex, but so can just saying - yes, I have kids. I don't think a pregnant belly is sexual. I mean...people have all types of fetishes. But I don't think a high cut sports t-shirt over a pregnant belly is trying to say, "come hither, my boy toys...and you sexy lady, standing in the corner." I mean....I'm not going to slit shame people either way. But, I can also say that I don't particularly suppose Jill is looking amorous or anything by her clothing choices.

• Love 2

If Derick's parents take him aside and talk to him about how many kids they should or should not have, I'd hope Derick politely tells his parents ( and that goes for Jim Bob and Michelle as well) tell them to mind their own damn business.

I am not a proponent of large families like the Duggars but I AM a fan of parents keeping their mouths shut on their children's marriages.

In theory, I agree with you 110 percent, and of course I'm not advocating that anyone tell Jill and Derick how many kids they should have. But I think it would be perfectly appropriate for Derick's family to remind him that he needn't view childbearing as a contest, and that he has the right to have a voice.

• Love 3

While I could make a dozen excuses for Jill and the sports t-shirt, wearing clothes that don't fit has been one of the  hallmarks of her pregnancy.  Since she's posting them and she is a public figure, I feel fine commenting that she needs to buy properly fitting maternity clothes in general.  This is simply the latest example of her stretching out something rather than putting on the proper size.  Granted, it may be the easiest one to excuse if she just wore one of Derick's shirts that he already had.  If they bought her a new shirt, then no excuse at all.

And yet, like I said, Alyssa Bates doing it isn't hypocrisy? I don't think either are!

Maybe Jill is just loosened up a bit since her mother or father weren't there. Plus, the idea of modesty is to keep away impure thoughts. I guess a pregnant belly highlights that this married couple had sex, but so can just saying - yes, I have kids. I don't think a pregnant belly is sexual. I mean...people have all types of fetishes. But I don't think a high cut sports t-shirt over a pregnant belly is trying to say, "come hither, my boy toys...and you sexy lady, standing in the corner." I mean....I'm not going to slit shame people either way. But, I can also say that I don't particularly suppose Jill is looking amorous or anything by her clothing choices.

I don't think Jill can win with anything she wears.  Too tight, too big, too frumpy, too long, too short.  She'll probably be criticized or modesty would be mentioned if she wore a sleeveless top like Alyssa Bates or if she wore a sheer top like Jessa with her bra showing through.  A lot think Alyssa looks great in her sleeveless top and jeans (I think so too!) and I don't think it was brought up where I saw the pic of Jessa and her sheer top.

Edited by abseedee
  • Love 3

I don't think Jill can win with anything she wears. Too tight, too big, too frumpy, too long, too short. She'll probably be criticized or modesty would be mentioned if she wore a sleeveless top like Alyssa Bates or if she wore a sheer top like Jessa with her bra showing through. A lot think Alyssa looks great in her sleeveless top and jeans (I think so too!) and I don't think it was brought up where I saw the pic of Jessa and her sheer top.

Oh, well. She wins with me. I just can't get on board that she looks gross. It has nothing to do with being in the public eye. I don't think being in the public eye changes whether or not someone looks decent. To me, she looks fine. She's not offensive to me. And, she never will be in this line of dress no matter the level of public attention she gets. I see pictures of her, and I'm happy that she's happy and well with her family. Personally, I'd rather see her relaxed and happy than always done up. Her focus is family. She makes me smile. Sure, there could be more of a middle ground, but she's not choosing it. I'm not having to run to the nearest toilet to puke.

What I react to isn't someone noticing her sweater is kind of small, it's the expression of thinking how gross and hypocritical she clearly is. That is what I don't agree with and feel like standing up for her about. Everyone has a right to their opinion. Obviously, MMV about mine.

• Love 8

I don't care what she wears. She grew up the way she did. She has a TV, she has more freedom AND she's about to be a mom. She may suddenly get the urge to change her wardrobe later. People change so much over time. Are you the same person you were five years ago? of course not.

Derick has influence too. Jill does not appear to be mentally ill like her mother.

I find it funny to see sentences with "Jill being immodest" in some form or fashion LOL.

Isn't that what we want for Jill and all the Duggar kids, a little display of immodesty? :-)

• Love 11

I guess the Bates and Alyssa don't come off as so judgy judgy to me. They seem to have a more relaxed feel to how they think or at least how they present themselves.

Maybe it's the shouting NIKE that puts if over the top for me.

I'm happy if Jill loosens up a bit and I think she looks fine for a regular person. It's just that the Duggars put such over emphasis on clothing. I feel like saying to them "and this isn't a nike moment??????" So if Jill gets a pass on her nike tight shirt, then I should get a pass for my jeans or v-cut t shirt. But no...that's the part that bugs me. They will yell nike at me but Jill can walk on by....

Jill seems like a nice girl and I like her. She bothers me the least of the Duggars, actually.

Her nike shirt cracks me up.

• Love 4