Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

Or maybe he's just looking for another avenue to make money (although most podcasts aren't very lucrative).  It must be hard feeding a family of five on an Assistant D.A.'s salary plus whatever Jill brings in with her social media.  The book deal no doubt helped, but that was a one-time thing.

And Oklahoma DA staff lawyer salaries aren't on the lavish end of the scale, for sure. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

According to Google Derick should be making somewhere around $50,000. Certainly enough to get by on, especially since I think their house is mortgage free.

I would think there are far more lucrative side gigs that would take much less time and effort than a podcast.

• Like 7

He's probably looking at a podcast as being similar to filming for the show, where he just showed up and talked and got paid.  The good ones take a LOT of work, and I'm not sure he's willing to put it in.  There aren't enough people who want to hear what he says without his wife, and fewer care about what he has to say.

• Like 16
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I would think there are far more lucrative side gigs that would take much less time and effort than a podcast.

He could work for H&R Block or some other firm, doing taxes at tax-time. In fact, I though Izzy was wearing an accounting t-shirt in a recent photo and I wondered if Derick was already doing that?

• Like 6

They have a lot followers on SM. But they would seem to fall into two main groups. Duggar lovers who want family pics, updates on the children etc. Then what they might call hate followers, who want more dirt on the JB and the Duggar clan.

Anything outside off those two things would be a lot of work for Derrick to gain a following in my opinion

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Derick Jill must be pulling out the laptop and starting a book on boundaries, called Family (dys)Function.

The cover: 😁🤠

image.png.bece85806d14ab125bd5922843c052d2.png

Did Derrick borrow the hat from Jinger?  

• LOL 21

Derick probably still has missionary dreams and since he can't do that, nor is anyone clamoring to put him back on TV, he figures a podcast where there's no one to censor him is the next best thing.

• Like 6

I really hope Jill is doing okay after losing her pregnancy and getting the support she needs. It doesn't seem like the smile is quite reaching her eyes in those pics.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

It seems they were at Silver Dollar City and took a dinner cruise on the Showboat Branson Belle. They recreated the Titanic scene on the bow of the riverboat.

image.png.9a69001ad21c47c6e64e40350eab0f54.png

• Like 7
  • LOL 3
(edited)

I'm so caught between making a snarky comment about re-creating a movie that came out 25 years ago and being absolutely delighted about Jill being aware of and fond of a movie that features

- Limited religion

- nudity

- sex outside of marriage

- Literally spitting in the face of your fiancé (Ie. the one God has chosen for you per purity culture ugh).

- Telling your controlling parent to go pound sand and then cutting off the relationship. 

- A woman living life on her own terms in the 1920s-40s. 

- The ambiguous ending suggesting that Rose's heaven might be with the guy she had unmarried, un-parent approved sex with (horrors!). Plus, the other characters of unknown religious status applauding extra-marital kissing instead of shunning her for the floozie she is (j/k)

Edited by satrunrose
  • Like 19
55 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

I'm so caught between making a snarky comment about re-creating a movie that came out 25 years ago and being absolutely delighted about Jill being aware of and fond of a movie that features

- Limited religion

- nudity

- sex outside of marriage

- Literally spitting in the face of your fiancé (Ie. the one God has chosen for you per purity culture ugh).

- Telling your controlling parent to go pound sand and then cutting off the relationship. 

- A woman living life on her own terms in the 1920s-40s. 

- The ambiguous ending suggesting that Rose's heaven might be with the guy she had unmarried, un-parent approved sex with (horrors!). Plus, the other characters of unknown religious status applauding extra-marital kissing instead of shunning her for the floozie she is (j/k)

I'm not sure Jill watched the movie. Derick took the pic and he posted it, and he posted a pic of Rose and Jack from the movie.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
33 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Someone asked in the comments if Jill had seen the movie, and he said yes. 

I wonder how Jill and Jinger end up watching whatever movies they watch. They went 20+ years with little exposure to mainstream movies.

I start looking through the Netflix menu and usually quit before picking a movie/series, or when I do find one its usually a foreign film, which sucks for me because I'm not fond of dubbing or subtitles.

I would think the world of TV shows and movies would feel overwhelming for them.

• Like 7

I expect they began with movies their husbands wanted to watch or that they had watched and said you really need to see this.  From there they probably began finding their own tastes.  They neither one probably have a ton of TV watching time with young children around.  Netflix is mostly a wasteland to me.  Bring on Britbox and I'm happy.  

• Like 15
  • Useful 1
14 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I expect they began with movies their husbands wanted to watch or that they had watched and said you really need to see this.  From there they probably began finding their own tastes.  They neither one probably have a ton of TV watching time with young children around.  Netflix is mostly a wasteland to me.  Bring on Britbox and I'm happy.  

I like Acorn, too.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

I forgot which thread I was in and was thinking you were talking about Jill Rod and her recent outing to see the Sound of Music! I was thoroughly confused about the nudity and sex in The Sound of Music. 

The Sound of Music may have been worse than nudity and sex. Weren’t they… Catholic? *clutching pearls*

• LOL 24
3 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

The Sound of Music may have been worse than nudity and sex. Weren’t they… Catholic? *clutching pearls*

Not just Catholic, Maria is actually in a convent considering becoming a nun at the start of the film.   They also were shown dancing and *gasp* kissing before even starting a courtship.  

The Captain even let his slutty daughter Liesl rendezvous with her Nazi boyfriend, Rolf.  He didn't send her off to purity camp or lock her in her room or punish her in any way when she showed interest in a boy without his approval.  Maybe he should've, considering.

• Like 14
  • LOL 5
20 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

I forgot which thread I was in and was thinking you were talking about Jill Rod and her recent outing to see the Sound of Music! I was thoroughly confused about the nudity and sex in The Sound of Music. 

I thought the same thing. I just came from the sweet fellowship thread,and was confused for a second. Lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
On 6/29/2024 at 3:19 PM, ginger90 said:

Someone asked in the comments if Jill had seen the movie, and he said yes. 

Derick also said Jill has more college than most of his followers, so I don't put much weight in Derick's response.

• Sad 1
  • LOL 19

Freddy is a cutie!

Anyone else find it odd that Derick is now the one posting and not Jill? Maybe he's trying to increase his number of followers?

• Like 7
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Freddy is a cutie!

Anyone else find it odd that Derick is now the one posting and not Jill? Maybe he's trying to increase his number of followers?

To gain interest for his podcast? 😉

• Like 4
  • LOL 9
On 6/29/2024 at 4:02 PM, CalicoKitty said:

I like Acorn, too.

I have Acorn. I am waiting patiently for the next season of Candice Renoir. I love Madam Blanc. 

8 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The kids! Izzy is Derick's clone, down to the identical knees. 😂

Compress_20240704_214732_2749.jpg

Izzy is his dad all over again. The kids are really cute. 

• Like 10
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Interesting that he chose to post a picture that shows the front of their house.

It’s a nice picture.

I know, right?! From one extreme to the other in regard to privacy.

The pics are nice.

• Like 8
(edited)

We don't really know that's their house.  It looks like they're on a sidewalk, so maybe they were walking along the sidewalk and stopped to take a photo.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 8

It's their house. Pics easily found online.

40 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

We don't really know that's his house.  It looks like they're on a sidewalk, so maybe they were walking along the sidewalk and stopped to take a photo.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
3 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

We don't really know that's their house.  It looks like they're on a sidewalk, so maybe they were walking along the sidewalk and stopped to take a photo.

I know it’s their house. I wouldn’t have said it if I didn’t know.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Thanks 4
1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

Somebody on Facebook said he accidentally posted it and meant it for his private account, and it's been deleted. He thinks he's so smart.

Sorry Derick. It was publicly posted. Dirty deleting just makes you look stupid. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

On one of her IG stories, Jill talks about getting movies at the library if they're not available on your streaming platform.  They found Space Jam: A New Legacy at the library and will watch that next.  It's nice to see the kids learning about Looney Tunes.

• Like 16

The older 2 are the right age for Space Jam. The dillard boys would probably not be different from their friends if they didn't know looney tunes before watching.

My grands watched both Space Jams last summer. They had zero idea on any looney tunes characters, so I got some old ones for them to watch.

Same when they watched Disney Descendants during the pandemic. Never saw the original disney movies so none of them had any idea why Cruella, Jafar, Maleficent and all were banished. We had some great fun watching the old movies to see why they were villains.

• Like 13

I'm betting Jill is pregnant. Going back to Donut Day when they got 20+ donuts for free, almost every post has been about food. She also is only showing herself from the waist up.

I'm not sure why they hide it as they'll share the happy or the very sad news.

Of course I could be totally wrong and she's not pregnant.

• Useful 4
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm betting Jill is pregnant. Going back to Donut Day when they got 20+ donuts for free, almost every post has been about food. She also is only showing herself from the waist up.

I'm not sure why they hide it as they'll share the happy or the very sad news.

Of course I could be totally wrong and she's not pregnant.

I could see her keeping a pregnancy private until she is past the point where she lost Isla.  Of course, we didn't know about Isla until after, either. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 6

I kind of thought so too after seeing her in the anniversary trip photos. If so, I hope she just announces the birth one day. No need to announce a pregnancy or a loss if she wants to keep those things private.

• Like 8
On 8/4/2024 at 9:20 PM, YupItsMe said:

I kind of thought so too after seeing her in the anniversary trip photos. If so, I hope she just announces the birth one day. No need to announce a pregnancy or a loss if she wants to keep those things private.

My first thought, when I saw the anniversary trip photos, was that she had that fuller look to her face which often seems to come with pregnancy. But it comes with just gaining a bit of weight, too, so we really have no way of knowing until (if and when) it is announced. 

• Like 5

If she is, may it be a child they both truly want for itself and no other reason.  If she's gained a little weight, she's entitled to it.  

• Like 13

She also posted more some pictures in her story saying it was nice to catch up with family and friends which included a picture with Jinger (not dressed for wedding) and with some of the old show crew.  I guess they are still close to some.  She also responded in the comments that boys were not at the wedding but they were at the family dinner the night before.   

• Like 12

In our area the wedding invitation reveals a lot. Typically if the parents' names are not on the invitation, it means the bride and groom are paying for the wedding themselves.

I believe the reason this wedding was so different is because J&S paid for it, so they made their own decisions. 

As far as Jill not being a bridesmaid it could have been Jana's decision alone, or maybe one influenced by JB. I'm going to guess Jill, just the same as us, only has assumptions of why and how the decision was made.

But now that we know it wasn't Jill's decision, we know the book influenced the decision, because as Jill has said repairing family relationships after the book came out has been complicated and slow.

• Like 11