Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

(edited)

This season (7 episodes) won't be long enough for them to go back to Danger America. That's only mid-August, and we know how late she was with Izzy. No way they travel with 4-ish week old baby, which is what TLC would need to make good on their teaser. Especially true if she has another C-section. We saw in pictures how poorly she was about a month after Izzy was born. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

More likely, they're announcing that they're not going back at all. It's not as if they accomplished anything during their time down there.

They'll go somewhere with nicer beaches this time.

• Love 4

I think, once again Counting On is airing shows of what we already know. Big Surprise is Jill's pregnant. Jill & Derick go to CA and play basketball and give out banana squares.

It writes like a Sally, Dick and Jane primer.

• Love 14

This show is always so far behind with what airs. The 2 hour show coming up might include 15 minutes of them not repeating themselves. Might. I will watch, but I wish the frustration of it would stop.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think, once again Counting On is airing shows of what we already know. Big Surprise is Jill's pregnant. Jill & Derick go to CA and play basketball and give out banana squares.

It writes like a Sally, Dick and Jane primer.

Are you sure that isn't a little too advanced for this crew? 

• Love 7
(edited)

This sermon has been floating around for a couple of days now, and a tabloid even picked up on it (I want to say The Inquisitr). Derelict's Proverb of the Day yesterday: 

A dig at Jeremy, "hataz," or both? 

edited to note that the time on the tweet is MY time (west coast), so add two hours. Derelict is tweeting shit when most of us are into our workday. Oh...right...

Edited by Sew Sumi
link didn't embed the first time
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Shit, could they really be slamming each other through social media?

JD is probably flying Jin & Jer to Jill's & Derick's as we post so they can post a 'we are close' pic soon.

tenor.gif

Maybe its some some friction over the lawsuit.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

tenor.gif

Maybe its some some friction over the lawsuit.

Jeremy's sermon was from April 9th. Who knows how long the lawsuit has been in the works, it could be a fairly recent decision to file, but it was certainly in BOOB'S mind. 

It's also interesting that this is between the guys who don't live near the TTH (well, some of the time, in the case of the Dullards).  Now that this sermon has come to light, will Boob demand Jeremy' and Derick's presence at the TTH for a nice talking-to about us against them? 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jeremy's sermon was from April 9th. Who knows how long the lawsuit has been in the works, it could be a fairly recent decision to file, but it was certainly in BOOB'S mind. 

It's also interesting that this is between the guys who don't live near the TTH (well, some of the time, in the case of the Dullards).  Now that this sermon has come to light, will Boob demand Jeremy' and Derick's presence at the TTH for a nice talking-to about us against them? 

An ecumenical council of beta males, as it were? I'm sure they were planning the suit months ago. 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, JoanArc said:

They'll go somewhere with nicer beaches this time.

Hmmmm....well you know those heathens in the Bahamas need Jesus and dum- dums too.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

"Jessa and Ben expand their young family with an adorable newborn and experience all the joys and challenges that come with raising two small children. Viewers will see Jill and Derick say goodbye to return to Central America, but not before they make a big announcement to baby Israel and the rest of the family." 

I know I'm easily confused but to me this sounds as if they'll be showing the previous time that Jill and Der left for CA, not an upcoming time .... 

• Love 5

Why is the text now so small?

Thanks for the advice, I thought that over the weekend, old age had set into my eyes all of a sudden.

What did Jeremy say in a sermon that everyone thinks relates to Derrick?

Maybe they'll head to the Amazon and completely verify Jeremy's sermon! 

That's an outstanding idea--Amazon warehouses are ALWAYS hiring and they start at about $13 an hour with benefits, Derick!

• Love 15
1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

Thanks for the advice, I thought that over the weekend, old age had set into my eyes all of a sudden.

What did Jeremy say in a sermon that everyone thinks relates to Derrick?

That's an outstanding idea--Amazon warehouses are ALWAYS hiring and they start at about $13 an hour with benefits, Derick!

Jeremy took a slam at "unprepared missionaries" and ranted on that whole topic. 

I haven't listened to it yet. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

This sermon has been floating around for a couple of days now, and a tabloid even picked up on it (I want to say The Inquisitr). Derelict's Proverb of the Day yesterday: 

A dig at Jeremy, "hataz," or both? 

edited to note that the time on the tweet is MY time (west coast), so add two hours. Derelict is tweeting shit when most of us are into our workday. Oh...right...

I can see these two dingbats now flipping furuiously through the Bible, pointing at verses and saying"Yes!! Use that one. That'll get him!"

• Love 14
On 6/9/2017 at 9:36 PM, Jynnan tonnix said:

I usually add just a bit of ground pepper to mine, but otherwise just the butter, cream and parmesan as well. And garnish with a little fresh chopped parsley.

One of my Very Italian Grandmothers also taught home ec, so she'd toss parsley in everything, as and added bit of veggie and fiber that didn't really alter taste. But the parm/butter is the most traditional. Cream makes it smoother, the parm is so salty no salt is usually needed. I like extra pepper, but was taught if you use good Parn or put in some pecorino you don't need pepper. I still like a lot of pepper. 

Anyhoo....Jill's mess looks nasty. It's nice to make something for the fam to eat while you're gone, but if he can't put a spoon of peanut butter between two pieces of bread for a day, it's pitiful. I think they encourage dependence on the wife by not teaching them man to cook. And she can't have a job etc so vice versa.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Does Derick know he's calling himself stupid? Perhaps he's going to become a comedian. He needs a dictionary, a thesaurus, or a brain.

https://mobile.twitter.com/derick4Him/status/874280523748724736?p=v

He should post this too

Those who work their land will have abundant food,  but those who chase fantasies have no sense.

Here's what Derick tweeted:

"Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates reproof is stupid." Proverbs 12:1

So, I guess that means that Derick is open to reproof.  Here's some food for thought, Derick:

"Six days you shall labor and do all your work"  Exodus 20:9

"If anyone is not willing to work, then he is not to eat, either."  2 Thessalonians 3:10

• Love 12

The sluggard says, “There is a lion in the road! There is a lion in the streets!” As a door turns on its hinges, so does a sluggard on his bed. The sluggard buries his hand in the dish; it wears him out to bring it back to his mouth. The sluggard is wiser in his own eyes than seven men who can answer sensibly.

One who is faithful in a very little is also faithful in much, and one who is dishonest in a very little is also dishonest in much.

Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit”— yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.”

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Here's what Derick tweeted:

"Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates reproof is stupid." Proverbs 12:1

So, I guess that means that Derick is open to reproof.  Here's some food for thought, Derick:

"Six days you shall labor and do all your work"  Exodus 20:9

"If anyone is not willing to work, then he is not to eat, either."  2 Thessalonians 3:10

SOMEONE PLEASE TWEET THIS TO HIM!!   *I don't have twitter or I would do it myself

• Love 5

I have a friend whose husband apparently can't cook for himself.  Whenever we go out she has to order him food to take back home.  Even if she doesnt plan to get back till 9 or 10  he won't eat until she gets home and has food for him.  It's the most ridiculous thing ever.  Or he'll ask her to swing by a fast food place for him.  She gets so irritated with his requests to stop and bring him food but she still does it and enables his behavior. 

I also used to work with a lady whose husband couldn't even make mac n cheese. 

• Love 6

So I can decipher this into what I think it means, but can somebody dumb it down to Bible 101 and tell me what most interpret the message as?

I'm thinking it means being open to learning and listening will foster eagerness for knowledge and wisdom and one who thinks he knows it all will remain uninformed/misinformed.

Like the second half is describing Gothardism.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, gunderda said:

I have a friend whose husband apparently can't cook for himself.  Whenever we go out she has to order him food to take back home.  Even if she doesnt plan to get back till 9 or 10  he won't eat until she gets home and has food for him.  It's the most ridiculous thing ever.  Or he'll ask her to swing by a fast food place for him.  She gets so irritated with his requests to stop and bring him food but she still does it and enables his behavior. 

I also used to work with a lady whose husband couldn't even make mac n cheese. 

Husband certainly can cook for himself. I love to cook much more than he does. Back when my sister passed away and I had to fly across the country to help clean out her house, I made a zillion meals for Husband. Not that he could not do it, but it helped me to concentrate on something other than my future task at hand. 

That said, if I am out for the evening ... love ya, but you are on your own. 

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

So I can decipher this into what I think it means, but can somebody dumb it down to Bible 101 and tell me what most interpret the message as?

I'm thinking it means being open to learning and listening will foster eagerness for knowledge and wisdom and one who thinks he knows it all will remain uninformed/misinformed.

Like the second half is describing Gothardism.

I think it means that Derick is stupid for not listening to people who are telling him to take his DONATE button down and get a job to buy groceries instead of misappropriating funds.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I know I'm easily confused but to me this sounds as if they'll be showing the previous time that Jill and Der left for CA, not an upcoming time .... 

Maybe they'll walk in the door for their "big announcement," and it'll be, "guess what? We failed to get enough people to DONATE, so you'll be supporting us while we're home!"

• Love 8
On 6/11/2017 at 0:22 PM, Sew Sumi said:

I'm pretty sure that's Jana's bestie, Laura, who has been visiting the compound (or maybe hired as the new tutor?) for a while.

I just read on Lily & Ellie's site that Laura was the Wedding Coordinator for Joy & Austin's wedding. They also confirmed she is a friend of Jana's.

On 6/9/2017 at 6:24 AM, Lunera said:

This looks worse than chickennetti. I hate how incompetent these guys are they can't even cook a meal while their wives are out. I remember how Jessa prepared meals with instructions for Ben so he wouldn't go hungry while she was in labor.

20170609_062121.png

That is no burrito.  Cream of anything soup does NOT belong in Mexican food.  That looks horrendous.  

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

It looks like Hannie is pushing her chest out.  May she be the one who challenges ma and pa like no other.  

It looks to me like she's leaning to get into the shot idk

These people keep getting younger and younger with their marriages. Maybe Hannie is just getting a running start. She doesn't want to be CinderJana 2.0.

For some reason, my money is on Jenni and Jordyn for being the first semi-rebel girls. Rebel as in wearing pants and wanting to go to school, nothing that gets them sent to Journey to the Heart Jr or whatever.

• Love 4
Just now, RazzleberryPie said:

These people keep getting younger and younger with their marriages. Maybe Hannie is just getting a running start. She doesn't want to be CinderJana 2.0.

For some reason, my money is on Jenni and Jordyn for being the first semi-rebel girls. Rebel as in wearing pants and wanting to go to school, nothing that gets them sent to Journey to the Heart Jr or whatever.

I can see it. Johannah is somewhat included with the older girls, and Miracle is the favorite. These girls are completely ignored!

• Love 4

First of all, that slop on a plate looks revolting. And if there are three whole mushrooms in a can of Campbell's cream of mushroom soup I'd be shocked, so no, Dufus, no vegetable servings to speak of.

Second, if Mr. Wiser ever EVER referred to me as "wifey," even ironically...lets just say he's smarter than that by a mile.

I want to feel sorry for Derick because he looks like he's in a world of pain plus he got sucked into the Duggar Vortex of Hell, but then he tweets and ruins it.

• Love 20
33 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

If Mr. Sumi ever called me Wifey, even in private, he would, at minimum, be sleeping in the guest room. 

non-topic but replying to Wifey comments - - - I was in a restaurant recently and the lady (in her early-mid 30s) kept talking how wonderful Husband was... never called him by name... or said my husband (subject of convo was clearly loud enough everyone in the joint knew what she meant)... always said Husband and saying it very loud and obnoxious. Took all my strength not to get up and punch her in the throat - while hoping Husband knew CPR.   is this a new fad thing with young married people?? Husband wasn't on the list of recent baby names. from the 70s/80s..

Sorry... had to vent.  Thank you. 

• Love 2

I still don't understand what is in that slop. I thought it was some kind of lemon meringue something or another on his plate. Looks disgusting. I'm visually impaired, and even I "eat with my eyes first."

• Love 4
1 hour ago, MischaMouse said:

I still don't understand what is in that slop. I thought it was some kind of lemon meringue something or another on his plate. Looks disgusting. I'm visually impaired, and even I "eat with my eyes first."

I think even Sandra Lee & The Pioneer women would be embarrassed by that.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

At least Jilly Muffin never made a Kwanzaa Cake...

I don't think the Duggars know about Kwanzaa & that might be a good thing.  Lord knows how they would screw that up!

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, ariel said:

I don't think the Duggars know about Kwanzaa & that might be a good thing.  Lord knows how they would screw that up!

I'm not sure that even the Duggars could come up with a concoction quite as revolting as Sandra Lee's Kwanzaa cake! That truly was unbelievably vile looking/sounding. 

• Love 3
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I'm not sure that even the Duggars could come up with a concoction quite as revolting as Sandra Lee's Kwanzaa cake! That truly was unbelievably vile looking/sounding. 

I think if the girls ( especially Jill) put their little minds to it they could. ;)

Edited by ariel
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 6/11/2017 at 0:22 PM, Sew Sumi said:
On 6/11/2017 at 0:43 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Like Tabby, I believe she's in her early 30's, so it's possible. Or she could land an old dude who's loaded, like Anna's sister.

I'm pretty sure that's Jana's bestie, Laura, who has been visiting the compound (or maybe hired as the new tutor?) for a while.

I can't find it, but I thought I read somewhere when it was rumored she was courting John David that she is younger than them (Jana and JD). Tabitha worked for them for many years and she was 31 when she got married.

Edited by Temperance