Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

Also remember, the plane was already in the upper Midwest, likely shuttling JB to the Republican debate that was held there.

If Smuggar left, this was a coordinated thing. I really doubt he was kicked out, or it's a MAJOR coincidence that the plane wad so close to come fetch him.

Again, there is NO proof that Smugs was actually on that plane. However, I do believe JD was the pilot and was insane to fly in those weather conditions. But then again, he is a Duggar and not inclined to critical thinking.

• Love 2

It's a cool story, might be true, might not. What could possibly lead to an emergency Josh retrieval? If he got booted out, he would just go somewhere and wait for better weather wouldn't he? Could be a story woven for interest, and it is interesting.

Maybe they caught him in the broom closet with someone - courtesy of Satan, of course - and he had to be booted out pronto. Unclean! Unclean!

• Love 1

The plane (N68SY) flew from Springdale to Rockford and back to Springdale on the 30th of October 2014. The Duggars probably routinely travel there for business that doesn't involve Josh praying his problems away, or Josh being turfed out into a homeless shelter for not praying hard enough.

Not that I think this is the case at all, but JimBob could've have Josh snuffed out months ago. Josh hasn't been seen at all in months, has he?

Jim Bob and Michelle were guest speakers at the reform school in October of 2014.  You can see pictures of the event here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3215560/The-Christian-rehab-Josh-Duggar-spend-six-months-reading-Bible-praying-doing-manual-labor-cure-sex-addiction.html

That is how they are connected to the school and why they would have sent Josh there.  They don't "routinely fly there on business."  That's probably the first and only time they were ever there.

Edited by Mollie

My link is an archived version of the FlightAware page for the Duggars plane (N68SY) as it was on the 8th November 2014. The plane was flying to Rockford before Josh scandal #1.

I doubt the actual flight was as dramatic as Inquistr made it out to be. The family do own like ten cars. It's 9 hours each way by road, approx 8 hour round trip by Duggar Air, but Josh could drive the way back if they did go to collect him. Illinois isn't the Amazon rainforest.

I believe that Rockford was a planned stop. The weather was coincidental.

The thing is, a really experienced pilot would not have flown in those conditions period.  My father was a really experienced pilot (3000+ hours) flying a Piper (with me as "co-pilot" - no license, but I could keep level flight in calm weather) and we once got within 30 miles of our home airport but the weather had gone to such incredibly turbulent shit (as in we nearly flipped over) that we did a 180 and headed west ahead of the storm, landed at a private airport, and waited there for five hours before the weather cleared.  Weather is never coincidental to aviation.

So I believe that JD, who doesn't have enough experience to know better nor enough experience to tell his headship to suck it up and wait for the weather to clear, could indeed have been flying that plane, and if so he and his passengers are incredibly lucky to be alive.  That was a very bad system, and Nosey (yes, I know, but when I see that N-number I always think Nosey) is a very small plane.

• Love 2

Can't get a secret vasectomy. If the scars are at all visible he would fail JimBoob's monthly "Sacred Sack" magnifying-glass inspection of all the breeding Duggar males to ensure that he isn't being defrauded of any grandchildren.

Coffee meet keyboard!  JB's sacred sack inspections will be my new band name.  

The Duggars or somebody they lease the plane to. There still doesn't seem to be any hard evidence that John David was actually flying the plane or that Josh was anywhere near it. .... They don't deem their air operations an actual business because of John David's flights because he's not a commercial pilot. If nobody but John David and Josiah flew those planes Duggar Aviation would be 100 percent a hobby. It's only a business because other people sometimes rent -- or at least could rent -- those planes to fly them themselves. That flight may have had something to do with Josh or it may have had nothing to do with any Duggar at all. The Inquisitr piece gives absolutely no source for anything it says and provides no evidence either, so in fact nothing is really known about where Josh is or why that plane flew to Rockford.

This article quoted the live feed from the RU Friday night broadcast.  This cracks me up.  I think it was our people who were asking these questions about why someone would leave or be kicked out fo the program.  So now we can consider ourselves investigative reporters.  

• Love 12

The Duggars announce everything publicly. Every time somebody in that family gets a hang nail it's plastered all over their social media. Yet they are totally silent on the big story that people want to know about - what is going on with Josh. I swear, these people are so annoying.

Well, let's say this. They announce everything publicly that they think will make them look good or sympathetic... Josh -- not exactly in that category. Looking back over his long career as a messed-up person, he's kind of the king of the non-announcement in Duggarland, really. It'll be very interesting to see what they say when and if they finally get around to mentioning him again.....

• Love 4

No way Joshie is coming home.

That would cause so much chatter on the vile things he did. No way. Jim Bob has the 19& Counting On episodes and there is $$$$ involved. The last thing the family wants is for anyone to be talking about Joshie.

Joshie will have to hide under a rock for as long as Jim Bob says. Jim Bob has Joshie neutralized in that RU group.

Coffee meet keyboard! JB's sacred sack inspections will be my new band name.

This article quoted the live feed from the RU Friday night broadcast. This cracks me up. I think it was our people who were asking these questions about why someone would leave or be kicked out fo the program. So now we can consider ourselves investigative reporters.

Yup. As I noted a few days ago, I was lurking during Cisco's bit on Friday. It was indeed our intrepid PTVers posing the questions, and either Cisco or Edward responded. They missed the one that I highlighted: Obey until you find Jesus.

• Love 1

No way Joshie is coming home.

That would cause so much chatter on the vile things he did. No way. Jim Bob has the 19& Counting On episodes and there is $$$$ involved. The last thing the family wants is for anyone to be talking about Joshie.

Joshie will have to hide under a rock for as long as Jim Bob says. Jim Bob has Joshie neutralized in that RU group.

It's another month until the first special airs (Jessa having a baby).  Do you think they are going to be able to keep Josh under a rock that long now that he's on the lam?  Are they just going to ignore his absence while they eat the Thanksgiving turkey?  To me, that would make them just as hypocritical as Josh is.  Sooner or later they have to make a public statement about him.  

Yes. Thanks for reminding me of his real name. He's the hottie.

Why is Ryan pretending to be Edward?  (There is an Edward who works there.)

Josh was supposed to stay 6 months, right? He went in there around August? I think Jim Bob has Josh neutralized until February. AFTER the specials have aired and TLC has counted their money...maybe thinking about another special.

I think they will totally ignore the Josh Issue because the Duggars are exceptionally good at ignoring things they don't want to deal with.

I was a Fundamentalist Baptist for many years. (Not quite like Duggarville because I have a masters degree from a regular school so you can see it wasn't so cultish.) Anyway, my church practiced Biblical Shunning. If someone was living a life of sin, they were shunned. Period. Until they could get themselves right with God and out of their sin etc.

I bet Josh is being shunned pretty hard. (he probably likes that, the dirty dog! hahahaha)

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 4

If Josh has tunneled out of rehab, bearing in mind that he was not spotted in between Joshgate 1.0 and Joshgate 2.0, I imagine that the Duggars will continue to be able to keep him successfully hidden. They have a guest house on their gated property in addition to dozens of rental homes and hundreds of shifty friends with spare bedrooms. The could shuttle Josh around the Fundie Underground for years undetected, like their own little Witness Protection Program. 

If Josh has tunneled out of rehab, bearing in mind that he was not spotted in between Joshgate 1.0 and Joshgate 2.0, I imagine that the Duggars will continue to be able to keep him successfully hidden. They have a guest house on their gated property in addition to dozens of rental homes and hundreds of shifty friends with spare bedrooms. The could shuttle Josh around the Fundie Underground for years undetected, like their own little Witness Protection Program. 

I'm sure they could. What a horrifying picture, though. What kind of grown man would allow this to be done to him? If he allows anything like this to happen just so he can keep sucking on JimBob's teat, he's even more spineless and idiotic than the rest of them.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4

The secret to secrecy? Don't tell Amy anything.
  • Love 11

Josh was all over Istagram in pictures with his kids and the new baby after he left Washington D.C.  When the Ashley Madison site was hacked, he was taken to the reform school within a week.  While at reform school, In Touch magazine published the interview with the prostitute he had rough sex with. He's a grown man with four kids to support and no income.  He can't stay hidden forever.  Besides that, it's not fair to his kids that they can't see their father; they are too young to understand the reasons why.  And, as despicable as Josh is, he has a right to see his kids.  Adultery isn't against the law in Arkansas and he was never charged for sexually molesting his sisters (albeit due to his parents' actions and a major legal screw up).  

The only reason his parents have any control over him right now is that he has to be running out of money and is virtually unemployable.  (Who would want to buy a used car from him now?)  

• Love 3

Lol, it's so funny how Josh is something that must be contained and hidden, like Sloth from the Goonies. None of his siblings seem to want to have anything to do with him (understandably), so Boob paying to keep him away is probably a win-win for everyone.

• Love 5

Lol, it's so funny how Josh is something that must be contained and hidden, like Sloth from the Goonies. None of his siblings seem to want to have anything to do with him (understandably), so Boob paying to keep him away is probably a win-win for everyone.

He's the elephant in the room.

• Love 1

Josh was all over Istagram in pictures with his kids and the new baby after he left Washington D.C.  

Yes, but the Duggars chose to post those pictures of him online. No paparazzi or private citizen managed to snap an unauthorized photo of him, because they did a surprisingly good job of keeping him hidden. I imagine that they would keep him hidden forever if Counting On ($$$) was on the line. 

Edited by Guest

Yes, but the Duggars chose to post those pictures of him online. No paparazzi or private citizen managed to snap an unauthorized photo of him, because they did a surprisingly good job of keeping him hidden. I imagine that they would keep him hidden forever if Counting On ($$$) was on the line. 

One of the pictures Josh posted on Instagram shows him bowling in a public place with his son.  Another shows him in a restaurant with his wife.  He was not hiding.  He just didn't have anything productive to do.  He's not like a Kardashian and he doesn't have people trying to photograph him all the time.  The only curiosity about him now is just to find out where he is 

One of the pictures Josh posted on Instagram shows him bowling in a public place with his son. Another shows him in a restaurant with his wife. He was not hiding. He just didn't have anything productive to do. He's not like a Kardashian and he doesn't have people trying to photograph him all the time. The only curiosity about him now is just to find out where he is

Kinda like where's Waldo?

• Love 1

I have no doubt that vasectomies are forbidden, but Josh is obviously a rule breaker.

I just read the article linked above and wow, I hope we learn what is actually going on. The Duggars must not have trusted Josh to stay in a shelter (as per RU's usual procedures for dropouts) until the weather changed, much less hop a Greyhound to come home. He must be trying desperately to get away - otherwise, why did this become an emergency??

I feel kind of bad for being so nosy about this, but damn.

Curiouser and curiouser.

The inquisitr could have gotten most of their info right here.

But then again, we are always right.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 5

Why is Ryan pretending to be Edward?  (There is an Edward who works there.)

Because the only thing these people are worse at than rehabilitation from addiction is technology.  I'm not sure they can figure out how to create an account.  Edward is their tech guy who seems highly challenged by microphones.  

On Friday, we said not to discuss the flight issue. We had previously said on at least one other occasion not to go all stalker-y on this issue of figuring out where the plane was when.

If it happens again, we are locking the thread.

Indefinitely.

Thanks.

• Love 5

I loathe Josh Duggar's fat, smug, smarmy hypocritical ass. Loathed it in its teenage form and now. However, I feel for him right now because, just like always, his biggest problem is his disgusting, arrogant, incredibly stupid and ignorant parents.

When he was a teenager, they knocked themselves out proving to the world that the deeply sick molestation problem in their house was a mere nothing, thus setting their effed-up kid up for an even more effed-up adolescence and young adulthood than he might have had had they dealt with that problem as was required. And now they're taking the opposite tack, sending him into some sort of bizarre exile over the Ashley Madison crap that was, comparatively, nothing at all. Millions of people were exposed in that Ashley Madison hack. So I wonder how many of them anybody even remembers as having been involved? How many are being subjected to some kind of bizarre life ruin by their families? How many are now widely considered unemployable and virtually untouchable, by many in the public? How many were locked away doing six-month stints in ridiculous "addiction" bible camps that certainly accomplish nothing but driving their residents a little farther over the edge? And, once again, just like when Josh was a teen, all so Jim Bob and Michelle, two of the world's worst people, can preserve their cash flow via their "family brand." First they made a molehill out of Mt. Everest. Now they're making Mt. Everest out of a molehill. Everything JB and M touch goes ass-backwards. I can't believe I'm sorry for Josh, given what a jerk he is, but I am.

• Love 11

Do we know - for certain - that Josh has given up on Rehab Camp? I thought he still had at least 2-3 months left. He didn't start until sometimes in August, right? I thought the whole Ashley M thing burst at the end of July...

Do we know - for certain - that Josh has given up on Rehab Camp? I thought he still had at least 2-3 months left. He didn't start until sometimes in August, right? I thought the whole Ashley M thing burst at the end of July...

We're Colonel Klink on this one. Except that we really do know nothing. There's a lot of conjecture but it appears no one has facts except the people involved.

• Love 3

Sgt Schultz actually. :)  

I can't imagine the pure hanging on by the fingernails that must go on surviving RU.  Although aside from the schedule part, I can see Josh having little to no problem getting through the workbooks and he probably already half or more of the scripture memorized.  His life had prepared him for sitting through BS church sessions and parroting workbook catch phrases.  A true recovery program would be much more work for Josh. 

• Love 5

Josh probably doesn't know what a condom is. Let alone how to put one on.

I imagine Sex Ed at SOTDRT is short and sweet. Lots of "submit to your husband" crap unless of course, you're unwed. Then you're a brazen whore who defrauded the poor,Godly young man. And missionary only.

Edited by Joe Jitsu913

There is no way that RU would kick him out. He's going to be their big name success story and put RU on the map.

The only way that I think that they would kick him out is if he flat-out told them he had no interest in praying his demons away, had no intention of going back to his wife, or if he did, that he had no intention to be faithful. Then, I think that they would kick him out and issue a press release so that they aren't the ones that "failed" when Josh goes back to his old ways.

• Love 4

I think the silence with Josh is because Jana is assigned to read this forum. And many posts recommended that JB & M stop issuing statements regarding him.

So Jana, if you are up late tonight, a little update on Josh and his repenting progress might stop all the speculation. (You can donate my PR fee to any cause supporting women's rights. You research them & pick the best one)

• Love 4

Josh probably doesn't know what a condom is. Let alone how to put one on.

Unfortunately people with Josh's anti- birth control, sex is evil mentality are more likely to not use condoms, even when they know they are planning to have sex outside of marriage, because bringing a condom means you had the intention to have sex.  Of course, being with a prostitute or joining Ashley Madison also means he intended to have sex outside of marriage.  But he can still pretend that somehow he just happened to end up with his erect penis falling into a vagina that was not attached to his wife.  You now, he tripped while walking and this happened.  Dammit!  Now I've thought about Josh having sex.  There is not enough brain bleach in the world.  

• Love 1

Unfortunately people with Josh's anti- birth control, sex is evil mentality are more likely to not use condoms, even when they know they are planning to have sex outside of marriage, because bringing a condom means you had the intention to have sex.  Of course, being with a prostitute or joining Ashley Madison also means he intended to have sex outside of marriage.  But he can still pretend that somehow he just happened to end up with his erect penis falling into a vagina that was not attached to his wife.  You now, he tripped while walking and this happened.  Dammit!  Now I've thought about Josh having sex.  There is not enough brain bleach in the world.  

I also think that this is part of their magical thinking. It is God who give babies to good, married women. If Josh is having sex outside of marriage, God will not bless that unrighteous union with a "blessing."

• Love 1

There is no way that RU would kick him out. He's going to be their big name success story and put RU on the map.

And this is why I think that Josh is still there, with no intention of leaving before his scheduled release date. In their world, Josh and his parents are VIPs and I'm sure he's been handled with kid gloves right from the start. He's probably getting all kinds of special privileges: a private room, exemption from work detail, all the potato chips and ice cream he wants, etc. He has a nice, cushy place to hide from a world that has become very cold and hostile towards him. He's probably quite comfortable there and is dreading the day when he'll have to return to the bosom of his family.

Oops, I said "bosom". NIKE!

• Love 8

That is true. Josh could be hidden in Duggarvile until the new episodes air.

I just think that is too risky for Jim Bob. He is a controlling person. Josh BURNED Jim Bob pretty badly and Jim Bob isn't going to forget that. Joshie proved to be slippery with no conscience. Seriously, if I was Jim Bob, I would NOT take him home until the specials aired. Of course...Duggars & critical thinking skills don't go together. Joshie isn't trust worthy.

I would LOVE to know what Jim Bob and Michelle say privately about Josh.

Maybe he is being dumped into another rehab?

• Love 4