Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

I have a friend who needed inexpensive insurance to fill the gap until she qualified for Medicare.  She ended up using one of these programs, and there was a lot they did not pay for.  The were also very strict.  You had to stay within certain parameters or they wouldn't pay.  It was better than having nothing, but I'm not sure the frustration was worth it.  She was very happy when she could leave them.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I have a friend who needed inexpensive insurance to fill the gap until she qualified for Medicare.  She ended up using one of these programs, and there was a lot they did not pay for.  The were also very strict.  You had to stay within certain parameters or they wouldn't pay.  It was better than having nothing, but I'm not sure the frustration was worth it.  She was very happy when she could leave them.  

It seems like many of them also demand that their policyholders approach medical facilities and caregivers and ask for their bills to be written off or deeply discounted based on their use of a Christian based non-insurance plan.  It seemed that a lot of them required proof that the client had done the requisite begging and got turned down before even considering paying for the care.  I would think that a lot of their clients found this requirement difficult.

On at least a couple of occasions, I have been approached by patients using this very approach.  I declined, since being a Christian medical caregiver didn't get me discounts from my landlord or the utility companies.  I was asked for letters rejecting their proposal of a complete write-off (it was made clear that this was what they really wanted, not just a discount) for them to give to their healthcare pyramid scheme.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Angry 6
  • Useful 9
28 minutes ago, Notabug said:

It seems like many of them also demand that their policyholders approach medical facilities and caregivers and ask for their bills to be written off or deeply discounted based on their use of a Christian based non-insurance plan.  It seemed that a lot of them required proof that the client had done the requisite begging and got turned down before even considering paying for the care.  I would think that a lot of their clients found this requirement difficult.

On at least a couple of occasions, I have been approached by patients using this very approach.  I declined, since being a Christian medical caregiver didn't get me discounts from my landlord or the utility companies.  I was asked for letters rejecting their proposal of a complete write-off (it was made clear that this was what they really wanted, not just a discount) for them to give to their healthcare pyramid scheme.

I feel for the people who work in the billing department at any heath facility.  I would guess they have a form letter that they send out for these requests, but just listening to the begging must be exhausting.

• Like 11
(edited)
12 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I feel for the people who work in the billing department at any heath facility.  I would guess they have a form letter that they send out for these requests, but just listening to the begging must be exhausting.

I had one individual, a woman who used a group of midwives who I consulted with, contact me repeatedly asking me to write off a bill completely for a procedure I performed that saved her from a cesarean section (I turned her breech baby to headfirst).  The charge was $300 or so; the hospital charges and my fee for a cesarean would've been thousands more than that, yet, she wanted a freebie based on the fact that this midwifery group, with whom I had no financial ties or connection, had delivered her other kids too.  And, of course, because she didn't have real insurance but was a good Christian participating in a healthcare scam. She even came to the office unannounced a couple times asking to speak to me between patients so she could plead her case for Christian charity.  Her repeated intrusions only made me even more certain that I wanted my dam**d money if only for general aggravation.

I finally had to tell my office manager that if she called or showed up wanting to talk to me personally about it again, she was to be advised that she could make an appointment on my regular schedule and be billed for that, too.  She was also informed that only I could adjust charges and there was no point in speaking to anyone else in my office.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 11
  • Applause 10
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Is Everyone Gone said:

It's such a mystery why having actual health insurance became such a heathen thing according to peeps like Jessa.

They don't want to pay into companies that pay for birth control or abortions. Or anything else they oppose. 

• Like 13
  • Sad 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

They don't want to pay into companies that pay for birth control or abortions. Or anything else they oppose. 

Not to mention the fact that many of these churches and their members seem to feel that holding a regular job with benefits is the path to hell and it is far more godly to own their own marginally profitable business and then grift/beg for others to pay their way when it comes to basic stuff like health care.  See Jim Bob: the early years or the Rodrigues familly: dad is lazy so the world needs to suport us because we're better than everyone else.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 15
  • Angry 6
(edited)
14 minutes ago, realityfan26 said:

A long time friend of mine has become very conservative. About 6 years ago she said she wanted to find insurance that didn't cover birth control. She was an overweight smoker and about 60 years old. I tried to be polite as possible in saying that the people using BC probably didn't like paying for obese smokers. 

This reminds me of people who don't vote for school levies because their kids are grown so they don't use the schools.  If she really wants to save on insurance, her best bet would be to find one that refuses to insure premenopausal women since one of the biggest costs for insurance companies is not just contraception but covering care for pregnancy and childbirth.  Damned women costing us all kinds of money!  There are plenty of men in this country who also don't think they should have to cover the cost of birth control and pregnancy and parenthood; maybe she should form a club.

As far as finding insurance that doesn't cover birth control, she would need to go to work for the Catholic Church or maybe Chick fil A or Hobby Lobby since the affordable care act requires insurance companies to provide contraceptive coverage unless the employer has religious objections.  

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 13