Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: The Weddings

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

I did too.  I watched it twice, he looked at everybody and said, "I'll take that."  

I get what you're saying and I'll rewatch later, but why would they be applauding him?  Weren't they applauding her?

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Did you guys notice that hardly anyone stood when Sonia walked down the aisle?  I thought that was strange. 

They stood up and clapped. That was when he said I'll take that. 

• Love 2
On 8/4/2016 at 11:42 AM, seasick said:

In all sincerity, I need to ask--what is 'shyness' at the adult level?   For the shy folks--how does this present itself in everyday life?

As a kid, and especially a teen,  if I walked in the house where my parents had company, I was expected to stand and say hello--likely answer a few questions ('have you picked out a college yet? or how was your summer? ) even though I preferred to sink into the carpet. (one word answers were not acceptable)  When a little older I was expected to perhaps return a question (how is Suzy doing?  or how was your trip?)   I don't know if I was shy or not--I didn't burst into the room anxious to interact but I wasn't permitted to not make a polite social interchange.  

At the community pool a gf of mine may strike up a conversation with a stranger over the book she sees they are reading.  I may or may not if I am by myself. If everyone is grouped up and I am alone--I feel self-conscious at first. I would likely not interact. Would I ask someone if the restrooms are open inside? maybe..  If a neighbor walks by and strikes up a conversation I will stand and chat even though I don't know them.

At the grocery store if someone asks me if I know what aisle the tuna is in I tell them.  I've asked others for directions the same.  I recently attended a memorial service (alone) where I knew only the bereaved parents. I gave my condolences to the loved ones and then split.  I didn't care to sit with people I didn't know and eat.. At a wedding where you are sometimes seated with people you don't know, I would likely eventually strike up a conversation, but I wouldn't ;perhaps be so outgoing as to immediately introduce myself etc.   

So I'm not sure say--in those scenerios or others--how a shy person would be different. I guess I would think that even a shy person may not be out-going per se, but would be willing and able to make polite conversations in a social setting such as a wedding.   I don't consider myself shy.. but being the center of attention at a wedding where all eyes are on you would be kind of excruciating to me.  But I have been taught to 'suck it up' and and be polite and social, and even ask questions and act interested in others.

So I guess because I was 'taught--'forced' you might say to get over my feelings in those situations I don't know how a shy person would act any differently?  I promise I'm not trying to be judgemental--only to understand-- but It seems even a 'shy' adult should know how to make polite, appropriate conversation.  Very often it is an "act' until you get comfortable-- but that's part of living adult life, no? 

People can change as they grow older and life happens, in either direction, of one being more or less introverted. 

I have experienced it:

I used to be a real, live Extrovert and even the Myers-Briggs personality test said so about 17 ago.  Then I experienced some negative situations that due to my lack of resilience and other issues, sent me into a years-long spiral of depression, anxiety and socially isolating myself.  I still worked and went to school to become a nurse but that was it besides going to my therapist.  Basically, my entire personality fundamentally changed.  I knew that it did and when I had to take another Myers-Briggs for school I wasn't surprised when it came back that I was now an Introvert. 

My big mistake was writing that I used to be an E and now I'm an I.  My professor went on and on about the validity and reliability of the test so I must've scored it wrong one of the times.  I couldn't tell her even what I told you, but I know that they were both correct.     

Edited by crgirl412
  • Love 4

Oh!  I thought one of the brides walked down with hardly anyone standing. Maybe it was one of the other one. I could be wrong. 

I think Sonia is pretty as a whole but when you take one feature and just look at that it stands out. I think it was the makeup though. She had dramatic eyes and lips. 

Lily is adorable. I hate that she seems to be losing her hair. I have alopecia so I tend to check out other people and noticed that. 

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Oh!  I thought one of the brides walked down with hardly anyone standing. Maybe it was one of the other one. I could be wrong. 

I think Sonia is pretty as a whole but when you take one feature and just look at that it stands out. I think it was the makeup though. She had dramatic eyes and lips. 

Lily is adorable. I hate that she seems to be losing her hair. I have alopecia so I tend to check out other people and noticed that. 

I think Lillian's hair is better now. I saw recent pictures of her. It's definitely fuller. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Fedex has this thing called overnight delivery.

If Lily was truly devastated her NJ sis couldn't be in the wedding because of dress fittings, she would ship her a dress and have the sis get it altered in NJ.

Lily and NJ sister have issues but it never would have made it on camera but for the producers.

Maybe the production budget didn't allow for the above plan. Who knows?

Nick is a very interesting participant who hasn't revealed enough about his personality to surmise why he quipped "I love her" to the group of bridesmaids who were prodded by producers to ask Nick how he felt about his bride just hours after marrying her.

I think it's quite possible that when she told her sister she was doing MAFS that she was very negative about the idea.  She could be the type that --maybe an 'oldest sister knows best' type that is critical of her decisions, and therefore Lily wasn't crazy about having her in the wedding party. I know if it were me I'd want fun and supportive people around.  It's an adventure!  No Debbie-downers allowed!!

• Love 3

I really disagree with most of you. 

Nick is amazing. Yes, he's an introvert. I don't see him as shy though. He didn't appear to be embarrassed. I think he really is taking this seriously, and that he's a very sensitive and sincere person. He really reminds me of my son. I think that he really likes her, or at the very least, he was really deeply buying into the idea of this being his wedding day, a real wedding day. 

Sonia seemed very nervous, and it will take some time before she can know what she thinks because she was too nervous to really relax. I think they have a good chance if she is able to understand him.

I didn't see Heather as a cold fish at all. I just thought she seemed very cool and relaxed, and like, mature. I saw her as sort of reserving judgment on him, but still being positive about the possibility and invested in the process. I'm not sure about him though. 

Tom and Lilian are cute, but I worry about the bus thing. He said the women he dates "aren't willing to compromise," but I really wonder if he's willing to compromise. Is he going to insist they live in the bus together or they must divorce?

Edited by sharshur
  • Love 5
On 8/3/2016 at 0:56 AM, humbleopinion said:

Derek talks like he is doing a Humphrey Bogart impersonation with the full squint.

I noticed that too!  I told Mr. Snarkle that if someone should play Bogart in a movie, it should be him.

I also thought he was reminiscent of Dustin Hoffman with the squinting, the shrugging and the twirling around with his hands in his pockets.

I sure hope he doesn't turn out to be a jerk.  Heather is just so not romantic at all and I find it very unattractive.  Compared to Lily she seemed very matter of fact, like she was just getting married to satisfy her biological clock.  I hope she's not an ice princess.

On 8/3/2016 at 0:56 AM, humbleopinion said:

Nick is the new Ashley, cold fish, empty heart.

Saying he loved Sonia to the bridesmaids was weird, when it was obviously awkward and what was that?

ITA about Nick being the new Ashley, I thought that too, but was I the only person who heard Nick say Sonia was "very attractive" when he was up at the "altar" watching her walk up the aisle?  I just hope he's only suffering from some mild nerves and social anxiety and will get over them, not turn out to be really not into Sonia and never allow himself to connect with her.  She seems like a sweet woman who deserves so much more.

I predicted it last week and the previews are leading me to believe that it will actually happen - that when Lily gets a load of that bus and how Tom wants her to agree to live in it, she won't be happy.  He has some nerve if he tells her she's "materialistic" for wanting to live in a regular house like 90% of the rest of the world.....

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 2
On August 2, 2016 at 10:47 PM, ralph said:

Lily was crying saying "I can't believe he called me materialistic" I KNEW IT! I knew he would. He considers every woman who doesn't want to live in that damn bus with him a materialistic, stuck up princess.

I'm not sure I believe Lily would be that shitty about the bus. I choose to believe it's editing, lol!  Wee Screaming Texas Demon Trapped in Camper from Arranged did have something to screech about, but Tom's bus seems bigger than some studio apartments.

• Love 3
On August 3, 2016 at 9:22 AM, PityFree said:

Ugh. I kept looking at the thin spots in Lilly's hair during the wedding and reception. Tom is going to be sad when he sees her normal thin, flat hair. 

Sonia is the prettiest and she has inspired me to wear brighter lipstick. 

Derrick reminds me soooooo much of a guy I used to know that it freaks me out. I think he's cute, but I am a sucker for a well groomed beard. 

How could Tom miss the thin hair? God bless poor Lilly, the sun was glinting off her freaking scalp outside once the monsoon stopped, and I noticed it so many times during the reception.  WhyWhyWhy didn't they neaten her hair up?

• Love 2

Re: her thin hair, my partner said "it's a temporary thing, right?  Hair grows back."  I was the one that pointed it out.

Maybe it bothers women more than men.  We will have to see.  I had hair loss many moons ago and it grew back.  Bothered me more than my EX so perhaps there is some truth in that.  

• Love 2

I don't think anybody enjoys losing their hair. Losing hair early is troubling no matter what, in my opinion. My former coworker's brother started losing his hair at 18 and was shaving his head completely by 21. She's the older of the two but he looks much older than she does thanks to the baldness. Once men get to a certain age, though, it's to be expected (although not all men lose their hair - my dad didn't). Some men look sexy as hell bald.

Lily's thin hair is noticeable but doesn't bother me as much as the brassy blonde, and I wonder if the thin hair would correct itself if she stopped coloring. She was also a good sport about the fact that her wedding hairstyle was completely ruined by the rain. I'd have moved the whole thing inside - like, I'd have looked outside, seen the rain, and would not have put one foot outside. But failing that, afterward I'd have been like "Hold on, I need to put myself back together before we take pictures."

12 hours ago, EverybodyIsACritic said:

I'm not sure I believe Lily would be that shitty about the bus. I choose to believe it's editing, lol!  Wee Screaming Texas Demon Trapped in Camper from Arranged did have something to screech about, but Tom's bus seems bigger than some studio apartments.

We'll have to see how Lily reacts, but I feel like it's totally reasonable to be like "This doesn't work for me" when you're faced with a space that doesn't work for you. If she calls it a shithole* or something, that's one thing, but if she just says she's not interested in living on a bus, I think that's fair.

*One of my friends is dating someone who doesn't live in a nice place - and could afford one, he's a 42-year-old engineer. She has used the word "shithole" to describe it, although I don't think she's said that to him.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Lily's thin hair is noticeable but doesn't bother me as much as the brassy blonde, and I wonder if the thin hair would correct itself if she stopped coloring.

Bleaching tends to dry out and break off the hair.  I think Lily not only bleaches her hair but blow dries it as well, I'm surprised she has any hair left.

Edited by Neurochick

When he said "I love her" to his friends in a monotone voice, i was seriously wondering what was wrong with him. 

That was bizarre. Is there hope for a man who doesn't know you have to tell your bride she's beautiful, or is incapable of saying it even though he does know?

• Love 1

In defense of Nick, I really feel like he is very insecure about himself.  After all, he said that his worst fear before the wedding was that SHE wouldn't find HIM attractive.  Maybe he is one of those guys that's been dumped/rejected a lot in the past and is afraid to be vulnerable?  I don't know.  I kind of like him, so I don't want to think he's got major psychological issues.  Or is a complete douchebag.

• Love 2

About not moving the wedding inside - I'm no expert on Southern Florida weather, but I've been there enough times to know it pours for like 10 minutes at least once every day and then the sun comes right back out again.  Which is why no one packs anything in and takes it inside.  By the time they did it, the sun would be back out again.  It's like the old saying in many parts of the world, "Don't like the weather?  Wait 10 minutes".

• Love 3

Ugh, it took me forever to be able to log in (I had to reset my password in the end). It's nice to see all of you again. :)

I'm on the fence about most of the couples so far, but I just want to say this: I don't like bus boy Tom and I won't blame Lilly (or is it Lily?) if she won't be thrilled at the prospect of living in something like that. When you want a family, living in a bus is not exactly how you imagine your future. I'm concerned, though, that, because she's so young and she seems to want to please people, he'll be able to push her into "compromising" - which, apparently, to him means that the women should do what he wants.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

About not moving the wedding inside - I'm no expert on Southern Florida weather, but I've been there enough times to know it pours for like 10 minutes at least once every day and then the sun comes right back out again.  Which is why no one packs anything in and takes it inside.  By the time they did it, the sun would be back out again.  It's like the old saying in many parts of the world, "Don't like the weather?  Wait 10 minutes".

I agree, it's like the Caribbean; it'll pour for a few minutes,  then the sun comes out and ten minutes later it's like it never rained at all.

• Love 1
On 8/6/2016 at 5:16 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

Lily is losing her hair, badly. I wish I didn't know how I know. Tom is adorable!

How do we know she is losing it?  It can be genetic. 

20 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Bleaching tends to dry out and break off the hair.  I think Lily not only bleaches her hair but blow dries it as well, I'm surprised she has any hair left.

Yes but that does not reduce the number of follicles in your head. 

On 8/6/2016 at 6:53 PM, ctbabe said:

I think Lillian's hair is better now. I saw recent pictures of her. It's definitely fuller. 

It could just be the styling.  Here is her linkedin photo.  You can tell that she has extensions.  I wonder why she didn't get them for the show?

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAb7AAAAJDFmZTIwMDE0LWI4YzQt

Edited by wings707
3 hours ago, wings707 said:

It could just be the styling.  Here is her linkedin photo.  You can tell that she has extensions.  I wonder why she didn't get them for the show?

Her SM photos are facetuned to the moon and back. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, wings707 said:

She doesn't even look like the same person.  Wow.

• Love 2

Yes, we have afternoon thunderstorms that only last 10-15 minutes or so down here, BUT why did everyone stand there with towels over their heads in a thunderstorm?  Especially if there was lightning and they were beside a big body of water?  Every bride down here that plans an outdoor wedding (myself included) has a backup plan for rain-whether it's waiting a half hour or having a second location.  This whole getting married in a downpour thing was such a stupid trick to amp up drama.  

Also, just getting it on the record:  I really like Sonia and Nick, Lily and  Tom. Heather is super stuck up and Derek seems drunk in every scene.

Can I get the info for Dr Pepper's cosmetic surgeon?  Her face is soooooo smooth compared to the last seasons!

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

Then why not wait the ten minutes and start the wedding after the rain passed? If given the choice between starting a wedding late and standing outside in a downpour, literally everyone I know would pick the former. If you're getting married outside, you need to have some kind of backup plan like @Trixie Belden says. It strikes me as completely bonkers and really bad hosting to expect your guests to just stand outside getting soaked - the groomsmen didn't even have umbrellas. They were drenched. Couldn't be me.

• Love 4

Lily looks so different without the two tone hair.  I don't think she's the prettiest girl on the planet but there's something about her.  I thought she was very photogenic. Her smile and her disposition may have helped but rain or no, she made it seem effortless and I thought she looked great doing it. I think the other two couples' pictures might look strained.   

• Love 4
7 hours ago, wings707 said:

Wow, can you say photoshop x 10?  It's like magazine covers these days...they're so photoshopped they look like cartoons.

• Love 2
On 8/7/2016 at 11:50 PM, EverybodyIsACritic said:

I see now it may have been editing.  that may have been from a discussion about the type of car she drives---which Tom was bringing up to feel her out about living in a bus., so it did slightly involve it.

On 7/28/2016 at 10:59 AM, humbleopinion said:

The way the producers have edited Lillian's story, her Daddy disappearing from her life issues is front and center.

The white picket fence may not come into play if Tom can promise to never leave her literally and emotionally.

She also wanted a husband who could read her mind and do things without her asking.

Hope his telepathic powers are strong.

Of course, in the bus they will never be more than 8 feet apart so the mind reading waves only have a short distance to travel.

On 8/2/2016 at 10:15 PM, WichitaStateShock said:

Ugh... The previews make it seem like all the couples fail. 

Oh and heathers dress made her breast look saggy. Not attractive at all!

Her friend tried to steer her away from that unflattering look.  It's not a good look for her,  even much less so since the dress wasn't even altered to fit her properly.  I'm not even sure who that dress would look good on. If you're going to do a halter with that much cleavage,  it should fit properly and not flatten your boobs. And I agree with the friend,  you don't want to call so much attention to that area the first time he's meeting you. 

On 8/2/2016 at 10:39 PM, Empress1 said:

Yeah, even shy men, which Nick claims to be, will generally tell a woman she looks pretty if they think so without prompting. "You look/are pretty" is a very safe compliment. Sonia is the prettiest of the three women, IMO, but Nick wasn't acting like he was attracted to her. 

I said initially that he seemed dull but I think he really is shy. Now it's Heather who is coming across as dull to me - and she has kind of a mean face*, so I feel like I'm not going to like her.

*This isn't about attractiveness - she just kind of has resting bitch face.

Totally agree. I thought Heather and Derek would have been cute.  But she seems uninterested and he's maybe a little too high-energy for her.  I do like him and his mom, though. He has a smiling face,  just like her, if you take a good look.  Heather,  unfortunately, looks a little hard. It could be nerves and it could still work but right now it doesn't look like fun. 

I can't read Nick. I would say she's not his type but he seemed dull even before meeting her. He's probably shy.  On one hand he said he didn't feel comfortable telling her she looked pretty but didn't he also tell his mom that he did tell her? Did I imagine that? 

On 8/2/2016 at 11:09 PM, seasick said:

I enjoyed this whole episode.  My Lily girl was so warm and fun and she likes camping and the outdoors!!  Who would guess that? This could work. Tom seems over the moon about her.

I like Derek alot.  He seems so open and loving.  I knew Heather was going to be a bit dour from her previews.  She has trust issues. She did better than I thought but she is not very lighthearted.  I can see where her insecurities can cause trouble.

Nick and Sonia-- l said before, shades of Ashley and David.  I think he does like her okay but he is so closed off.  He gives nothing--not even a compliment or kind or reassuring word.  Can he actually be that shy and be out in the world dealing with clients??  He may be a great guy somewhere on the inside but as someone described he's a statue. I don't think Sonia will hang on to delusions like David did.  

At least we didn't have the clown act we saw last season.  I have more hope for these couples--at least the first 2.  

I don't think Nick is someone who has clients,  maybe more like customers lol.  They showed a clip of him showing a property. He was dry doing that,  too.  Is he the same guy who said he was silly and was riding his bike? Also,  what did Pepper mean when she said he could underwrite Sonia's mission-aligned lifestyle? 

I just can't get over Heather. She acts like a prude when she's asked to kiss her new husband, yet she chooses a wedding dress that's extremely revealing. Her breasts had no where to hide.

I'm guessing she's a very complicated person.

• Love 7
On 8/23/2016 at 9:45 AM, answerphone said:

I just can't get over Heather. She acts like a prude when she's asked to kiss her new husband, yet she chooses a wedding dress that's extremely revealing. Her breasts had no where to hide.

Baby-Laughing-Hard-and-Falls-Over.gif

• Love 3
On 8/21/2016 at 10:17 AM, love2lovebadtv said:

I don't think Nick is someone who has clients,  maybe more like customers lol.  They showed a clip of him showing a property. He was dry doing that,  too.  Is he the same guy who said he was silly and was riding his bike? Also,  what did Pepper mean when she said he could underwrite Sonia's mission-aligned lifestyle? 

Does he show Florida time shares?  That's what it appears to be.  I won't disparage his occupation, but the properties he is showing don't seem to be in the same niche as those shown on Million-Dollar Listing.  

PS: I, too, wonder what Pepper meant by that remark.   

On 8/23/2016 at 9:45 AM, answerphone said:

If I had to guess I'd put my bets on Heather having some sort of mood disorder; the way she just up and walked away from Derek during their cave expedition - when just moments earlier she appeared to be getting along with him just fine -  was telling. 

15 minutes ago, StayingAfterSunday said:

If I had to guess I'd put my bets on Heather having some sort of mood disorder; the way she just up and walked away from Derek during their cave expedition - when just moments earlier she appeared to be getting along with him just fine -  was telling. 

I honestly think that was the magic of some crappy editing there to make it look that way. I would bet if we saw the real full footage it wasn't her just up and walking away like he was making it sound. 

3 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

I honestly think that was the magic of some crappy editing there to make it look that way. I would bet if we saw the real full footage it wasn't her just up and walking away like he was making it sound. 

I keep wondering if we are to assume everythING Derek is saying is false. I dont think he would be complaining if she had said something. He is not a psycho. Regardless of his outburst, everything he said about Heather has been true. 

BTW The expert Rachel in an interview talked about how authentic Derek is. Since she knows both Derek and Heather, I trust her assessment. 

1 minute ago, ctbabe said:

I keep wondering if we are to assume everythING Derek is saying is false. I dont think he would be complaining if she had said something. He is not a psycho. Regardless of his outburst, everything he said about Heather has been true. 

BTW The expert Rachel in an interview talked about how authentic Derek is. Since she knows both Derek and Heather, I trust her assessment. 

I can imagine both would say things that are true and not true but no one called hi a psycho. I don't think everything he said about her is true. Just as everything she has said about him isn't. As for the "expert" they have been known to take sides in things when they shouldn't. These 2 new ones are just following in line with how the others had been. Heck remember how Pepper ran after "poor" Sam. Yet that crazy was trying to act like a blindsided victim when she was far from one. Never once did any of those people call at Ashley for her crap or Sam but told the guys instead to step it up and do whatever. This time its the Pastor doing that to Heather but not calling Derek out for his tantrum he had over video chat. I have a hard time trusting these 2 new "experts" just as much as the others and more so for the bad matching we are still getting.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

I can imagine both would say things that are true and not true but no one called hi a psycho. I don't think everything he said about her is true. Just as everything she has said about him isn't. As for the "expert" they have been known to take sides in things when they shouldn't. These 2 new ones are just following in line with how the others had been. Heck remember how Pepper ran after "poor" Sam. Yet that crazy was trying to act like a blindsided victim when she was far from one. Never once did any of those people call at Ashley for her crap or Sam but told the guys instead to step it up and do whatever. This time its the Pastor doing that to Heather but not calling Derek out for his tantrum he had over video chat. I have a hard time trusting these 2 new "experts" just as much as the others and more so for the bad matching we are still getting.

I am sorry to cut you off.. Rachel is not on anyone's side. Infact based on SM (facebook and Twitter) interactions she is closer to Heather. I could prove it but it's not necessary. Heather is also close pals with the producer that was in charge of them. I trust Rachel. I never trusted Dr Cilona and Logan.