Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Matchmaking Special / Wedding Preparations

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Evil Queen said:

Agree about what they really should be asking them. I know its edited but I am betting that those things were not asked at all. I just know watching that matching episode all that seemed to be harped on was sex.

If you notice, they addressed the major concerns people on here had last season.  Trashley was frigid, David was a "hardened criminal" (as Trashley's friends tried to get people to believe) - so they asked more sex questions and made a point of checking everyone's criminal history and outstanding debt.

4 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

.....said it was a "luxury bus" .....

The producers, and possibly participants, have a unique use of the adjective "luxury".  It must be an important buzzword for the target demographic, or simply a favorite word of the producers.  

Last season had a "luxury" car salesman.  Seemed as if he sold Lexus', certainly nice vehicles, but not something everyone identifies as "luxury".

Hope the "luxury" bus is parked in a "luxury" RV park and not just a regular RV park. 

• Love 3
(edited)
21 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

Or when you're retired. But two people having to be in each other's faces all day every day - nuh uh

If you're retired, wouldn't you be in each other's face all day, every day?  Gee, what did people do decades ago when houses were ginormous McMansions?  Those days when kids actually had to share a room.

But that bus was fugly.

I don't think Lillian has a medical problem regarding her hair, to me it looks like bleaching + blow drying/chemically straightening. That can make your hair thinner if you do it often.

One thing I find interesting is that they have matched two Caucasian men with two Latina women.  Originally, they'd looked at a biracial black woman, I think her father was white, to match with one of the men.  I wonder why they didn't do that.  I'm thinking about Lillian and the pearls, she said her mother was born in Nicaragua; I'm sure that the biracial woman's parents were born in the USA.  Wouldn't that make more of a compatible match?  On the other hand, if they were to match a black/white couple, it would only be for the drama, so maybe it's best they didn't do it. 

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 5
On 7/26/2016 at 11:40 PM, izabella said:

Does that guy really live on a stupid bus (and expects a woman to NOT get tired of it?)?  Or is that just for the show, to make him "quirky"?  If he really lives on a bus, I'd be so mad if I were Lillian.  Who wants to be with a guy who lives on a bus?  Certainly not a real estate agent!  A guy who think that's the best lifestyle for himself is not the kind of guy that will be appealing to most people looking for a life partner.

I think it's horrible that they chose Tom (bus guy) to be on the show.  The fact that living on a junky bus is a deal-breaker should have disqualified him immediately.  No woman (especially one desperate enough to marry sight-unseen) is going to be ok with that.  These women want to settle down and have children which is not conducive to RV park living. It also shows just how uncompromising and immature he is that being a surfer dude takes top priority.  He should never be married.

And the sad fact is, except for the blonde, the women are not good looking enough for the men.  And that is a huge thing. If the guy isn't instantly enamored with the woman's looks the relationship is doomed.

I wish I could be on the show to match couples, lol.  To me all the questions they ask are silly. You can ask about marrying outside of race and of course most will say "yes i am open to that" when they don't even realize how their cultural background shapes their expectations and ideals. It seems obvious that Lillian desires a more traditional marriage.  She'd want a man who could "take care of her" while providing for her and future children.  Tom the bus guy is the LAST person to fulfill her ideal.What's wrong with these "experts"?

• Love 7

Heather is 32.

Life has worn her out.

Oh, wow.  I thought Heather was in her late 30's or something, maybe even early 40's.

She is a flight attendant and that can really age people. 

Not sure how long she has been one.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

If you notice, they addressed the major concerns people on here had last season.  Trashley was frigid, David was a "hardened criminal" (as Trashley's friends tried to get people to believe) - so they asked more sex questions and made a point of checking everyone's criminal history and outstanding debt.

Sure they asked certain questions but not what was the concerns of people. Do we really need to know how many one night stands any of them have had? Or if they are kinky or what not? Like I said I think all that could have been asked on that topic is if they enjoy sex so they didn't find a cold fish type again. They still picked people with arrests if you look under the other thread. While to me they aren't as huge a deal considering its not like they repeated those things over and over again but you know that there are going to be those screaming so loud over any kind of arrest/criminal records. So they may have checked like they always claim they do but they still will pick them with no problems. As for debt, we have no real clue there. 

2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

One thing I find interesting is that they have matched two Caucasian men with two Latina women.  Originally, they'd looked at a biracial black woman, I think her father was white, to match with one of the men.  I wonder why they didn't do that.  I'm thinking about Lillian and the pearls, she said her mother was born in Nicaragua; I'm sure that the biracial woman's parents were born in the USA.  Wouldn't that make more of a compatible match?  On the other hand, if they were to match a black/white couple, it would only be for the drama, so maybe it's best they didn't do it. 

I noticed that too and wasn't sure what was up. Not only was Lillian's mother born in Nicaragua but didn't Lillian say she was as well and raised there? I know she didn't know how to say affection in English and asked them in another language. That kind of bugged me a bit and made me think of so many questions about her and a few more about the show. Sadly I agree it would be for drama if they did match a couple that was black/white together. Which is terrible but it seems that is all they do anyway. Sort of like why they probably picked bus boy. SMH

1 hour ago, JaneVM said:

I think it's horrible that they chose Tom (bus guy) to be on the show.  The fact that living on a junky bus is a deal-breaker should have disqualified him immediately.  No woman (especially one desperate enough to marry sight-unseen) is going to be ok with that.  These women want to settle down and have children which is not conducive to RV park living. It also shows just how uncompromising and immature he is that being a surfer dude takes top priority.  He should never be married.

And the sad fact is, except for the blonde, the women are not good looking enough for the men.  And that is a huge thing. If the guy isn't instantly enamored with the woman's looks the relationship is doomed.

I wish I could be on the show to match couples, lol.  To me all the questions they ask are silly. You can ask about marrying outside of race and of course most will say "yes i am open to that" when they don't even realize how their cultural background shapes their expectations and ideals. It seems obvious that Lillian desires a more traditional marriage.  She'd want a man who could "take care of her" while providing for her and future children.  Tom the bus guy is the LAST person to fulfill her ideal.What's wrong with these "experts"?

Agree. As I said the only reason I can think of why they picked Tom is because it will create some sort of drama they hope with his bus life and surfer dude attitude. I agree guys/girls like him shouldn't marry unless they can find someone with the same kind of lifestyle. Otherwise it won't work. They should never have picked him though and matched him with someone like Lillian that sells homes for a living. Especially if she is about traditions that her mom will more than likely keep bringing up over time. LOL With that I don't think a flight attendant should have been picked either when that is a job that will take them away so much. 

I think anyone watching this show could do a WAY better job in making REAL matches. Maybe the producers need to ask for viewers to come on as the "experts" instead. LOL They are silly questions that in the end either the couple should figure out together and discuss or make no sense to ask at all. I do thinking making sure its ok to be matched with outside your own race is one of the few that is ok to ask. Yet I'd make sure they aren't just saying it so they don't come off in bad light. I thinking expanding on that one would be ok. Such as have you had a relationship with someone outside your own race and for how long? If they asked good questions the editing sure didn't show it and gave us overload of ones that shouldn't have been asked. 

• Love 4
(edited)
10 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

Derek seems Jewish to me but they're not making a thing out of that, at least not so far.  His mother doesn't look heartbroken that he might marry a shicksa unless she's hiding it real well, so perhaps that won't be an issue, thank goodness.

I realized after writing this that Heather's last name (Seidel) is often a Jewish one, so perhaps she is Jewish and Derek asked to be matched with a Jewish woman.

Speaking about the women's attractiveness relative to the men - I don't think they're far off in terms of relative attractiveness.  I don't particularly find Derek or Tom all that attractive, although with the right personality they could probably grow on me.  That said, I think both of THEM would probably not be so keen on the women they were matched with at first sight.  All the women this season have facial quirks that would take a while to grow on anyone, IMO.  Living in a place like Miami and coming out of the clubbing scene, I think the guys might have higher standards.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Evil Queen said:

I noticed that too and wasn't sure what was up. Not only was Lillian's mother born in Nicaragua but didn't Lillian say she was as well and raised there? I know she didn't know how to say affection in English and asked them in another language. That kind of bugged me a bit and made me think of so many questions about her and a few more about the show. Sadly I agree it would be for drama if they did match a couple that was black/white together. Which is terrible but it seems that is all they do anyway. Sort of like why they probably picked bus boy. SMH

Yes, I wondered about that too.  It's almost like the show is trying to say that even if two people aren't born in the same country, have different cultures, and languages, they are more alike than a black/white couple who both speak the same language and were born in the same country.

But then again, this show is about the drama, not about the matches, that's why I don't consider this any kind of "social experiment."  A real experiment wouldn't be filmed as a reality show.

• Love 3

The only woman who is conventionally pretty is Heather. Sonia is attractive but does have that deer in the headlights kind of look. Tom is very active with his lifestyle and Lillian doesn't look to be in the best shape. 

Im not crazy about the bus but if these girls are that desperate maybe it would be a non issue. 

All the women this season have facial quirks that would take a while to grow on anyone, IMO.

What facial quirks do each of them have? I must have missed it.

Heather? Sonia? Lillian?

I think that guys are less forgiving of women's looks than women are of men.  Therefore I predict Heather's husband will be disappointed.  Possibly Lillian's as well

I think Sonia is adorable but not everyone's cup of tea.  I do think find any of the guys all that attractive but I become more attracted once I get to know someone.  The majority of my friends are married to men less attractive than they are.  Most guys feel entitled to date someone they see as conventionally attractive.  I have a friend who is 26 has a great job and is stunningly beautiful.  She has the worst time dating.  She gets hit on alot and surprisingly alot of the guys are unemployed or twenty years older than her or missing teeth or grossly overweight. And when she either ignores them or expresses her disinterest they get offended or more persistent as though they are entitled to her company because they find her very attractive even though they have nothing to offer.  

I think the experts once again did a shitty job matching couples based on their interests and lifestyles.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Yes, I wondered about that too.  It's almost like the show is trying to say that even if two people aren't born in the same country, have different cultures, and languages, they are more alike than a black/white couple who both speak the same language and were born in the same country.

But then again, this show is about the drama, not about the matches, that's why I don't consider this any kind of "social experiment."  A real experiment wouldn't be filmed as a reality show.

Couldn't agree more! Sadly this show and its crackpots ("experts") are so far gone on the drama happening instead of really trying to make matches that work. 

BTW, I am getting a weird vibe from Nick.....not sure if anyone else is but I will see how he is after the weddings to see if its still that way or not. LOL 

4 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

The only woman who is conventionally pretty is Heather. Sonia is attractive but does have that deer in the headlights kind of look. Tom is very active with his lifestyle and Lillian doesn't look to be in the best shape. 

Im not crazy about the bus but if these girls are that desperate maybe it would be a non issue. 

Agree she doesn't look in the best of shape so wondering how this well end up. We have no clue if he likes a little around the middle or if he likes stick skinny or what. He could be a guy that doesn't care at all too. I do think that it was a bad match though. He is someone that wants to be out on the waves as much as he can and lives in that bus and she seems to be far from that kind of person. 

4 hours ago, ctbabe said:

What if all three couples are still happily married? {Thinking out loud}

LMAO 

45 minutes ago, kira28 said:

I think the experts once again did a shitty job matching couples based on their interests and lifestyles.  

Agree but at this point it really feels like that is what they are trying to do more than anything doesn't it? 

1 hour ago, kira28 said:

I think that guys are less forgiving of women's looks than women are of men.  Therefore I predict Heather's husband will be disappointed.  Possibly Lillian's as well

Gotta disagree.  In the previous 3 seasons, there has never been a man express even slight disappointment with his wife's looks - but 4 women have.

• Love 3

The 4 women repulsed by their grooms' faces

1. Jamie, fame whore maximus

2. Jackie, lover of all things animal print and Tito's Vodka

3. Sam, addict of wax melts, Mother of sugar gliders

4. Ashley, AKA Trashley, AKA muStachley

• Love 10

I find Heather quite pretty, and she has a nice figure.  She looked great when she was riding her bike.  She needs to loose the super-blond hair, though. 

Sonia is a cutie.

When I look at Lillian I just feel pity.  The hair, the makeup, the figure, oy!  At least her mother will go back to Nicaragua after the wedding and will no longer interfere in what appears to be the worst match this season.  It's almost cruel that the producers chose to put her on TV.

I find all of the men acceptably physically attractive--I'm sure some will become more or less so as we see their personalities emerge. 

Off to the races!

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, WhoAmIReally said:

Sonia is a cutie.

She has an old Myspace account with pictures going back to 08.  There was a brief period in 09 when she had her weight under control and looked okay but she smoked back then (not sure if she still does)...that's an instant deal breaker for me.  Today's version is chubby and has a joker smile.  Plus the experts made the comment that she needed someone to "underwrite her mission-oriented life".

I don't care how nice she is, that isn't happening with a 33 year old, chubby girl.

55 minutes ago, Jack Sampson said:

She has an old Myspace account with pictures going back to 08.  There was a brief period in 09 when she had her weight under control and looked okay but she smoked back then (not sure if she still does)...that's an instant deal breaker for me.  Today's version is chubby and has a joker smile.  Plus the experts made the comment that she needed someone to "underwrite her mission-oriented life".

I don't care how nice she is, that isn't happening with a 33 year old, chubby girl.

I respectfully disagree.  Sonia has a beautiful feminine curvy body but she is absolutely NOT "chubby".  Once upon a time I used to fit women in a dept. store and I learned to eyeball their sizes.  I would be very surprised if she were anything over a size 8, and that's going by her photos, which we all know can add 10-20 lbs.  I have yet to meet any woman who can wear single digits who is chubby.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to come after you, I just get my hyde up when any woman who has a feminine shape and isn't a stick insect is called "chubby". 

• Love 15

It's bad enough that Tom was cast despite the bus and slacker surfer persona, but choosing Lillian was an even bigger mistake to me because of her age and seeming neediness. She couldn't even stand up to her mother over a trifling superstition.

Then putting together the exact two people most unsuited for (1) the show, (2) each other, and (3) any kind of permanent commitment? Feh.

Who knows what happened to Cilona and his vaunted "instruments," but we were told the applicants do complete a detailed survey. Okay, peachy. Any of us would then tabulate the results and start by selecting people with the highest percentage of matching answers. (If any thought was put into this, the answers would also be weighted, with some assigned more importance than others.) Any potential couples with less than -- what, a 70% match score? -- would be rejected. Then review the deal breakers and pluck out anyone who's a no go because of those. Present the remaining pool of potential matches to the god-help-us-all "experts" and they take it from there.

Somehow I don't think that's how it actually goes down.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WhoAmIReally said:

Filtered much?  Can you even guess who this is supposed to be?

lillian.jpg

Wow! Then it's probably lucky that they don't meet until the altar! Or poor Busboy would be sorely disappointed :(

• Love 1
9 hours ago, WhoAmIReally said:

Filtered much?  Can you even guess who this is supposed to be?

lillian.jpg

I had no idea who this was until I noticed the hair. Wow. I need to have a serious conversation with my cell phone. 

• Love 3
On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 3:35 PM, qtpye said:

THIS is the problem I think most people are having.  I have watched many tiny house/ tiny living shows and have seen many regular non luxury yacht interior designer people make a small space both beautiful and functional.  His space was neither.  It quite frankly looked like a crappy Greyhound bus with wood paneling.  I think everyone was expecting a much more refined product.

There's a program on the Travel Channel called "Big Time RV." When someone says they build/live in a "luxury RV," THAT'S what I visualize; not the RV Tom lives in.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 8:31 AM, JaneVM said:

<snip>

<snip>

But isn't that part of the reason many of these people, who claim they want to get married, haven't? Because they've been concentrating on the superficial, as opposed to what really matters?

I'm middle-aged. Throughout my life, I've known many men and women who claim they really want to fall in love, get married, and have a family - but hadn't done so, because they couldn't find the "right" person. Without exception, these people all had two things in common: extensive, unrealistic lists of criteria for their potential spouse and rejecting potential partners immediately because they didn't find them "attractive" (or didn't feel immediate "chemistry" with that person).

These folks were people who would go out on one date with a new person, and dismiss them based on one small thing they'd discovered about the person during the date, or because they weren't "attracted" to them right away - and refuse to go out with them again.

Nobody acts like themselves on a first date. Everybody is nervous, to an extent, and that nervousness can manifest itself in different ways. Some people talk too much or too loudly, or clam up and barely say a word. People who are usually graceful can become complete klutzes. They can be so excited to be with you they go overboard trying to impress you and come off as boastful and/or totally obnoxious. To judge someone based on a first date, unless that date reveals something truly awful about them (for example, they're a drug addict or recently buried a family of five in their backyard), really isn't fair. You have to go out with someone at least three times to begin to figure out who they really are.

Rejecting someone based on what is perceived as a "lack of chemistry," i.e. "sexual attraction" on a first date also isn't wise. Feeling an immediate sexual attraction to someone isn't an accurate predictor of long-term compatibility, nor is not feeling an immediate sexual attraction to someone mean you never will. That's not how it works. You can develop a very strong sexual attraction to someone with whom you are truly compatible over time if you give it a chance.

Feeling an immediate sexual attraction to someone only predicts....immediate sexual attraction. Not compatibility. You can be out-of-your-mind-crazy sexually attracted to people who are absolutely, positively, wrong for you on just about every level. Once you get over the "I wanna have sex with you 24/7" phase and you have to deal with the real person behind all that sexual attraction, that's when you often discover how incompatible you are and end up back at square one. Relying on "chemistry" often blinds us to a person's faults. 

Not that I think "Married at First Sight" solves this problem at all. It doesn't, because it fails to address the underlying issues (unrealistic expectations and a reliance on immediate "chemistry") that are keeping these people from finding the right person to begin with.

By the way - all of the people I've known that I was thinking of when writing this are middle-aged and either still single or have been married and divorced multiple times.

• Love 11

Many things point to Tom (bus boy) doing this for the money.  He does not appear to be very ambitious, despite his claim of remodeling "luxury yachts".  

They like to throw in that "luxury' stuff  like they did with Tre selling "luxury"cars. When if fact one would probably make more money selling used cars.. but that's not as sexy. 

So they had to do the gratuitous sex interview .which of course tells us nothing.  Sean told us he was "Christian Gray  sexual"  and we saw how that played out.  I guess we will be treated to the stupid 'fish bowl" instead of a bunch of questions to take on their honeymoon that would actually help you get to know the person.   Beavis and Butthead produce this show Heeeeeeeheeeeee.

Lillian is my favorite--I think she has a lot of genuine warmth.  I wish she darkened her hair--she looks great in that picture even if it's 'facetuned??"  Is that a real thing?   I do not like the brassy reddish blonde look on the Latinas.  She has that indigenous body type that can turn matronly at a young age.  She's not cookie-cutter pretty but I I personally find that boring.  I like to see personality and character in a face.

Heather to me, is cookie-cutter pretty.  But I don't think one has to be 'drop dead gorgeous and perfect in every 'movie star' way in order to find love.  To me they are all pretty attractive and I think Sonia is quite pretty despite the fact that her smile is a little bigger than some or she gets a little wide-eyed look at times.  Her face fits her exuberant personality.

We don't have much to go on as far as their preferences since they wasted alot of time in the matchmaking' special with people who weren't picked.  

I think Heather will be a bit of a stick-in-the-mud with her trust issues and taking the whole thing way too seriously.

;I think Nick and Sonia will get on each others' nerves.  He's a statue: appears dull and bland and un-fun.  He could be this year's Ashley.   Sonia will get bored to tears and hurt that he's so closed off.  Nick will find her exuberance annoying (much like the David-Ashley match) and I think it's going to be a misery ride. Nick may have done this just to shut his mother up who has probably been begging "when are you going to find a nice girl and get married?"  

I don't think Lillian and Tom have a chance in hell, and I started thinking that the promo pics that were posted had Tom's face so buried that I wonder if it was even him??  I just hope they don't do a Sam; Ashley repeat where they stupidly take out the mismatch on their match..  I think of all the couples they have the most potential to at least be friends.  (although I think there will be some sex,  I think it will quickly go friend zone)   

^^^ Lillian is a "Luxury Real Estate Agent".  The other buzz word is "ambition".  Why do they have to call everyone ambitious?  Especially when it's clearly not the case.  Just once, I'd like to hear someone say that their ambition is to be a great father.  Or a great wife and mother - that wouldn't fit the Strong Independent Woman™ narrative but it would be refreshing.   

Or just be honest, "My ambition is to ride this surfer-beach-bum thing as far as I can."  "I want to be on TV and ruining some poor girl's chances of finding a husband is the shortest path."  "I'm sick of working, so my ambition is to find a husband to support me.  If I have to squeeze out a kid or two lock him down, so be it."

• Love 3
2 hours ago, seasick said:

Many things point to Tom (bus boy) doing this for the money.  He does not appear to be very ambitious, despite his claim of remodeling "luxury yachts".  

They like to throw in that "luxury' stuff  like they did with Tre selling "luxury"cars. When if fact one would probably make more money selling used cars.. but that's not as sexy. 

So they had to do the gratuitous sex interview .which of course tells us nothing.  Sean told us he was "Christian Gray  sexual"  and we saw how that played out.  I guess we will be treated to the stupid 'fish bowl" instead of a bunch of questions to take on their honeymoon that would actually help you get to know the person.   Beavis and Butthead produce this show Heeeeeeeheeeeee.

;I think Nick and Sonia will get on each others' nerves.  He's a statue: appears dull and bland and un-fun.  He could be this year's Ashley.   Sonia will get bored to tears and hurt that he's so closed off.  Nick will find her exuberance annoying (much like the David-Ashley match) and I think it's going to be a misery ride. Nick may have done this just to shut his mother up who has probably been begging "when are you going to find a nice girl and get married?"  

LOL at the Beavis and Butthead. It really did feel that way when you think about it. 

And yes they do want to make it seem like these people are all doing something big time with the "luxury" word. Of course the producers and "experts" think those of us watching are so stupid that we will believe that its true. SMH

If Nick does come off as an Ashely...I have a hunch on why. As well as if he did it to shut his mom up too. I just get a certain feeling from him so far. 

1 hour ago, Jack Sampson said:

^^^ Lillian is a "Luxury Real Estate Agent".  The other buzz word is "ambition".  Why do they have to call everyone ambitious?  Especially when it's clearly not the case.  Just once, I'd like to hear someone say that their ambition is to be a great father.  Or a great wife and mother - that wouldn't fit the Strong Independent Woman™ narrative but it would be refreshing.   

Or just be honest, "My ambition is to ride this surfer-beach-bum thing as far as I can."  "I want to be on TV and ruining some poor girl's chances of finding a husband is the shortest path."  "I'm sick of working, so my ambition is to find a husband to support me.  If I have to squeeze out a kid or two lock him down, so be it."

God forbid they be honest about anything with this show. LOL But heck we can all tell all that guy wants to do is be a surf bum. And if Lillian sells "luxury real estate" I have some bridges to sell you. LOL Heck the least they can do than is make it look like she was selling something that would be considered that when she was shown inside a tiny condo. Those 2 were doomed from the time they were matched.  I guess they can just compared their "luxury" bus and real estate though and all will be ok because the "experts" will say that is what they have in common. SMH

• Love 3
4 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Feeling an immediate sexual attraction to someone only predicts....immediate sexual attraction. Not compatibility. You can be out-of-your-mind-crazy sexually attracted to people who are absolutely, positively, wrong for you on just about every level. Once you get over the "I wanna have sex with you 24/7" phase and you have to deal with the real person behind all that sexual attraction, that's when you often discover how incompatible you are and end up back at square one. Relying on "chemistry" often blinds us to a person's faults. 

I couldn't agree with you more.  I think today people watch too much TV, watch too many movies and use those things as reference to what a good relationship is.  

Attraction is a funny thing.  I think Sonia has a nineteen forties glamorous look about her, like Rita Hayworth.  I don't think she's chubby at all.  However, if a man is more attracted to size 00 with huge breasts, then yes, Sonia might look chubby to them.  Also, a person can be physically attracted to someone initially, but later put off by their personality.

• Love 11
On 7/29/2016 at 9:57 AM, Vinyasa said:

She is a flight attendant and that can really age people. 

Just curious, how does being a flight attendant age a person? I'm a property manager. Now that will age you!

I just finished watching this.  Trainwreck or no, I fucking love it.

Agree with other posters that a 24 year old saying they haven't been able to find their true love yet is like putting clothes on Ryan Lochte and having him speak.  Stupid and makes no sense.   I really think there should be an age range starting at 30.  Regardless, Lillian seems harmless enough to me. Yeah, she's listening to her mother  . . because she's 24.  I will say that I liked her dress best out of the three.

Speaking of, I hated that dress Heather chose.  WTF?  I didn't think it was flattering on her and it basically said "My boobs and I are here!  Check us/them out!"  Heather is giving me an Ashley vibe - - very reserved, possibly snobby.  Which if so should go very nicely with David, I mean Derek's personality.  I know that Dr. Pepper said that Derek was quiet and shy like Heather but I didn't see that at all.  Nick seemed quiet and shy.

Sonia seems outgoing and lot a fun.  Maybe they put her with Nick thinking her extroverted personality would mesh with his introverted? 

@Neurochick, you are not alone about Tom's bus.  I get it.  I live by the beach in an apt but the thought of living right on the beach in a small house makes me giddy.  I don't fault Tom for reno-ing/living in the bus but he's got to understand that may not be everyone's cup of tea.  Especially not a realtor.  I'm not sure what Tom and Lillian are going to have in common.  I know either Pepper or Rachel said something about sexual chemistry but look what happened with Vanessa  and Tres last season.  They should know better.

With the exception of Heather, who rubs me the wrong way for reasons I'm not sure of yet, I like everyone.  Right now.  I don't see Heather and Derek making it.  Unsure about Tom and Lillian.  Sonia and Nick have the greatest chance.  Right now.  Definitely subject to change after each and every episode.

I wish they would go ahead and have a 2 hour premiere and just show the weddings.  We know they get married so why the non-drama?

I need to jump over to the spoiler thread because clearly the couples did not marry on the same day - - Sonia and Nick were marrying outside and it was beautiful and sunny while it began pouring rain on Lillian and Tom.  Why did Heather and Derek get married in that curtain draped corner?  They're in Miami, for heaven's sake.  The water is right outside  - - marry outside!

• Love 2
13 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Agree with other posters that a 24 year old saying they haven't been able to find their true love yet is like putting clothes on Ryan Lochte and having him speak.  Stupid and makes no sense.   I really think there should be an age range starting at 30.

I just had to laugh at this.  

But I agree that Lillian is too young for the show, and if she's not into surfing and being on the beach there could be a problem, since Tom said surfing is his church.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Agree with other posters that a 24 year old saying they haven't been able to find their true love yet is like putting clothes on Ryan Lochte and having him speak.  Stupid and makes no sense.

Ha. Love this. So true.

• Love 1
On 7/28/2016 at 3:00 PM, Nowhere said:

I may have brought this up before but I thought the people they chose had to be more flexible in what they wanted in a mate. Didn't Dr. Pepper say that the more deal breakers a person has, the less likely it would be for them to get chosen? So why did they choose this guy? Or the woman who hates pearls? Seems like if you're so picky that you can't even tolerate a pearl, maybe you shouldn't be participating in an experiment where another person is involved. I know I'm exaggerating about the pearl thing but you'd think they'd pick up on the fact that she can't even bend for something as trivial as what type of jewelry is acceptable. It's like they chose these two because they knew it would fail and they needed ratings. It's just wrong. People actually trust these so called experts. The show is bullshit this season.

I love the minimalist lifestyle but there aren't a lot of us out there. There's a reason this guy hasn't gotten married and we didn't need an entire show dedicated to what that reason is. It doesn't take a medical degree to figure it out.

I hope I made sense. I'm rushing around. Sorry I'm scattered.

she doesn't have anything against pearls...peard are a bad wedding omen where she's from.

On 7/28/2016 at 2:56 PM, Neurochick said:

The funny thing is you might want to live like that after you hit fifty and don't want to clean a large house, full of too much crap. 

i guess it goes full circle. it's a easy cheap kinda cool way to live in your 20's----you're beneath it when your in your 30's-40's----and then in your 50's-60's it's back to being a cheap easy way to live and you don't care what other people think about it

Edited by ralph
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, ralph said:

she doesn't have anything against pearls...peard are a bad wedding omen where she's from.

I said I was exaggerating the pearl thing. I was talking more about the "experts" choices than the woman herself.

On July 30, 2016 at 8:46 AM, seasick said:

On July 30, 2016 at 9:42 AM, Jack Sampson said:

I'm a very ambitious Luxury Homemaker. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ctbabe said:

Actually Tom posted a picture of the kitchen on his bus on twitter. It looked bigger than a NewYork studio apartment. It definitely isnt as bad as we think. 

I've never thought it was bad at all. I actually think it's pretty badass. I just don't think there are a lot of women who would want to live in a bus and I think their reasons are very valid. I'm surprised that a more traditional "white picket fence" type of man wasn't picked instead of him because of the limited amount of women who'd be ok with it long term. That's probably the reason why he's single if he won't budge when it comes to where he lives. Maybe I'll be surprised. I hope so.

8 hours ago, Nowhere said:

I just don't think there are a lot of women who would want to live in a bus and I think their reasons are very valid.

I agree, but I wonder why that is.  Is it because we women have been sold the idea of the "white picket fence and 2.4 children" more than men?

I don't think its the picket fence idea. I think its the tiny space and no privacy EVER idea. Living like we have for almost 3 yrs with 3 kids in an apartment (2 of them being teen boys), I can tell you right now that there is NO WAY IN HELL anyone will half a brain would want to live in something like that with kids. Especially as they get older. Everyone needs there privacy or that time to get away from the rest of the family and when you are not in a big space its not possible. More so when there is a limit on rooms. With that bus, its not even nice IMO. Its dark and gloomy like. Makes it come off like there is no natural light with that dark wood all over the walls and stuff (not a dark wood fan ever). I always find dark anything makes small spaces even smaller and darker. It took him how long to even get that kitchen done in that place? Which sorry I have had enough of a small kitchen to last me a lifetime. If he was to have a wife that wanted to really cook that kitchen is not a place to do so either if you like to spread things out and do a lot at once. Oh and the kitchen the counter tops looked like stainless steel which for me anything that would reflect light off it would bug the heck out of my eyes and I'd end up with constant headaches. Its another thing that comes off cold to me. The fact is that bus is like having a studio apartment. There is no real bedroom with it wide open as it is. So its not ideal if you want a family ever. Its great for a single person and a couple that either has no kids or they are grown and don't mind living that way but for most of us its a no go. Plus I have seen ones on some of those home shows that I would say look nice. Still wouldn't live in it but they weren't dark and small feeling. In the end I only think the experts plucked him out of SM and paired him with someone to cause drama on the home issues. Guess next time they should ask about tiny living to these people. LOL 

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

In the end I only think the experts plucked him out of SM and paired him with someone to cause drama on the home issues. Guess next time they should ask about tiny living to these people. LOL 

This is why I don't think he truly lives on that bus.  I have seen the Tiny House Hunters shows, and most of their back stories are BS.  Often, they plop those houses down on their parents, or somebody else's property, or it's really a vacation house, etc. 

I think Bus Boy doesn't live in that bus full time, and this is all for the show to make him seem quirky.  Maybe he gets to advertise his "luxury" whatever business, too, so he agreed.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

The fact is that bus is like having a studio apartment. There is no real bedroom with it wide open as it is. So its not ideal if you want a family ever. Its great for a single person and a couple that either has no kids or they are grown and don't mind living that way but for most of us its a no go.

Personally, for me the smaller space the better.  I don't know about "most of us."  But I'd rather clean a smaller space than a larger one.  McMansions make me ill, so much waste. 

I would not be a bit surprised if the bus was something like a "beach house." 

I wonder if that bus is larger or smaller than Davina's apartment in Manhattan.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I wonder if that bus is larger or smaller than Davina's apartment in Manhattan.

Bigger, but the apartment appreciates. 

I think the issue is stability.  A house is the most permanent dwelling available (outside of a castle) and his aversion to that makes people question his commitment.

• Love 3