Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Picture It. PTer. Today.

• Start Topic

(edited)
8 hours ago, Bastet said:

And those two conversations are just moments apart!  Sloppy writing; he could have just realized, "Oh, she must not know; she's never seen me in cleric's clothes" when Blanche said Dorothy never mentioned he was a priest.

He did just realize she didn’t know. That’s why he told Blanche that Dorothy didn’t know in that tone of voice. He just then realized it. And when Dorothy asked him why he didn’t tell her, he explained he had thought she knew. He didn’t realize she didn’t know until his conversation with Blanche a few moments earlier. 

But I do think it was stupid of him to announce to Dorothy he was leaving the church and then just leave. That was just bad writing to create a misunderstanding. 

On another note, has anyone else noticed how often one of the girls makes an announcement or unexpected statement and then immediately walks out of the room? Causing all the other girls to follow? The show uses it a lot to get the girls into another room. But it always leaves me thinking “why is she leaving?”

Edited by Ria
  • Love 6

Yea it was ridiculous for one of them to say something and then walk off to the kitchen/living room. Why?? When Dorothy threatened to hurl t.v. out of a window to join her in the kitchen when Blanche and Rose were watching I Love Lucy marathon. They go in the kitchen and one of them I think Blanche gets food. Why go in the kitchen when food was laid out on the coffee table and talk about Kate/Dennis. Dorothy could've threatened to break the t.v. if they don't turn it off and comfort her.

The episode Long Day's Journey into Marinara when Angela temporarily lives with the girls, Rose has a bowl of chicken chow to feed Count Bessie that she takes to her room. When Blanche, Dorothy, & Sophia get ready to eat chicken Rose barges in and says Count Bessie is missing because she went to the garage to feed her and she's missing. What??? Why would Rose take the chicken chow to her room if Count Bessie is in the garage? The only way to the garage is through the kitchen. When Rose brought Count Bessie home she tried sneaking her past the girls and into her room.

I will say that Angela in my opinion was always able to outwit Sophia. When they do their back and forth insults I always thought Angela's insults were better.

11 hours ago, Ria said:

He did just realize she didn’t know. That’s why he told Blanche that Dorothy didn’t know in that tone of voice. He just then realized it. And when Dorothy asked him why he didn’t tell her, he explained he had thought she knew. He didn’t realize she didn’t know until his conversation with Blanche a few moments earlier. 

That's how I always saw it too. His tone says "Oh noooooo. She didn't know. I thought she did."

Not my favorite episode but I loved Dorothy exclaiming that she looked like the mother of a Solid Gold Dancer.

• Love 5
(edited)

In Dorothy's Prized Pupil IDK why it always bothers me the way Dorothy pronounces Mario's name. It just sounded wrong. 

When they went to get counseling because they were always arguing, the example they gave of Dorothy being a bad roommate was stupid. Dorothy kicking Rose and Blanche out of her room because they're afraid of aliens seem reasonable to me. Dorothy being organized and competent can be a pain for some people but they could have gave a better example of that problem. The therapist was no better he asked about their bad qualities but didn't ask what they like about each other. Just jumped to advising them to move out.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 1

Here's something that's always mildly confused me.  In The Auction, the Girls decide to buy a new roof and agree to talk to Sid about paying for it in installments.  Then they overhear him harshly telling his father that "I said that payment was due today, not next Thursday.  Now that check better be on my desk tomorrow or you will regret it.  Believe me!", which convinces them to get the patch job instead.  What confuses me is why they don't still ask Sid to work out a payment plan.  He's being an ass to his father but he did give him another day to get the check in and it seems like Sid is strict with regard to due dates.  None of that means he won't go for a payment plan.  They would just have to stay on top of the payments.  I guess we're supposed to think he's not reasonable like Blanche assumed a few minutes earlier, and it sets up the A plot and Sophia's episode closing haggling, but it's a bit flimsy since they never talk to Sid and he never actually denies them the option. 

• Love 2

What's more confusing is why Rose & Dorothy felt the need to pay for a new roof. That's why they were paying Blanche rent so Blanche can get it fixed. Shocking how none of them brought it up to her. That new roof should have been all on Blanche.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, ShadowSixx said:

What's more confusing is why Rose & Dorothy felt the need to pay for a new roof. That's why they were paying Blanche rent so Blanche can get it fixed. Shocking how none of them brought it up to her. That new roof should have been all on Blanche.

Was this before or after Blanche made them co-owners? Remember the episode where 4 unrelated people couldn’t live in the home unless they owned it? 

• Love 1
(edited)

In some episodes, it looks like the beach is directly across the street from the house. You can see it from the lanai. I can’t imagine what a house on the beach in Miami would cost. 

Edited by Ria
  • Love 1

In that episode with Blanche and Mamie after Blanche and Mamie made up and Blanche gave her the music box. Mamie says that's not the music box and then proceeds to say they did all of this for nothing. Like damn bitch, made Blanche apologize to you and it's all for nothing cause you didn't get your slutty affair music box. Blanche should have seriously kicked her ass.

• Love 8
On 16/06/2018 at 2:51 AM, Ria said:

But I do think it was stupid of him to announce to Dorothy he was leaving the church and then just leave. That was just bad writing to create a misunderstanding. 

Exactly. And the bad writing made the misunderstanding and ensuing plot even less believable or enjoyable. 

He could of said he's thinking of leaving his church to become a teaching priest. Simple, logical, but not sitcom material... 

• Love 1
On 18/06/2018 at 5:52 PM, ShadowSixx said:

he therapist was no better he asked about their bad qualities but didn't ask what they like about each other. Just jumped to advising them to move out.

I always felt it was "reverse psychology" knowing that they'd realise how good they are together once they face separation. 

On 21/06/2018 at 6:06 AM, ShadowSixx said:

And the plot with the painting could have still worked even if only Blanche needed the money, and the girls "helping" her out at the auction. 

• Love 1
On 22/06/2018 at 4:20 AM, Ria said:

In some episodes, it looks like the beach is directly across the street from the house. You can see it from the lanai. I can’t imagine what a house on the beach in Miami would cost. 

It does seem that way in some episodes but when Sophia meets Alvin on the boardwalk (I think it's that episode) one of the girls gives her a lift to the beach (instead of her doing cartwheels, I think). 

Also when Rose moves out, she says her new place by the beach is a dream come true. 

Both scenarios suggesting Richmond St is not near the beach. Not to mention the cost, as you say. They weren't in jobs that indicated they could afford it. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 4:16 PM, ShadowSixx said:

In that episode with Blanche and Mamie after Blanche and Mamie made up and Blanche gave her the music box. Mamie says that's not the music box and then proceeds to say they did all of this for nothing. Like damn bitch, made Blanche apologize to you and it's all for nothing cause you didn't get your slutty affair music box. Blanche should have seriously kicked her ass.

Blanche really should have done that instead. I hate that episode. We don't even get Blanche going off on her for destroying all of her memories of her father, how she viewed him and her parents. I still can't believe the gall of Mamie showing up demanding the music box and telling Blanche all about her decades long affair with Blanche's father. If your going to do that (which we didn't need that to happen) you darn well better show us Blanche telling her off or something. Why did it have to be an affair at all? Why couldn't he have decided to leave it to her in his will for taking good care of his kids? It undermines the Daddy, Blanche always talked about and we got to see. Also could they have thrown in a line about what happened to his second wife? Come to think of it. If the affair was so great as Mamie claimed you'd think he would have went to find her after his wife died. Instead of marrying someone else. He got thrown under a bus for no reason.  

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 3

Yeah, I like Ruby Dee, but Mammy Watkins is a seriously shitty character, but who doesn't get treated by the script as the jackass she is.  It's the nature of sitcoms for behavior that would be called out in real life to be played for laughs instead, but this is ridiculous. 

She was like another mother to Blanche, and then just up and disappeared on her without so much as a good-bye when Blanche was ten, leaving the girl to wonder what she'd done to make her leave.  Then all these decades later, she turns up and says, "I could sure use a hug" at the door, like nothing ever happened.  Then she really gets going, saying the reason she got in touch is she heard Blanche was selling off Big Daddy's stuff, and she wants the music box (for free, mind you).  When Blanche tells her to get stuffed, she orders her to sit down like Blanche is still the child and she's still the nanny.  All so she can tell her she and Big Daddy were lovers.*  Not as some death-bed confession in which she seeks an apology or anything like that, no, but as justification for her demand for that damn music box.  When Blanche is big enough to say she forgives her, she says she doesn't want forgiveness, because she's not ashamed of anything!  Fool, bye.

*When Blanche tells the others, she says they had an affair for over 50 years.  She left because Mrs. Hollingsworth found out about the affair, so if it went on for 50 years, that means they kept on even after that?  Assholes.

• Love 8
On 24/06/2018 at 11:19 PM, Bastet said:

When Blanche tells the others, she says they had an affair for over 50 years.  She left because Mrs. Hollingsworth found out about the affair, so if it went on for 50 years, that means they kept on even after that?  Assholes.

I think the 50 years is just bad maths as we've come to expect from the writers. Or a damn long affair. 

In the hurricane a coming episode in season 7, when the shrink says Stan and Dorothy won't see each other for 2 years, Stan says his goodbyes and thanks Dorothy for 38 years of memories and friendship. But after 38 years of marriage, and about 2 years till the show starts plus 7 years during which Stan is still there (almost marrying her), he should thank her for almost 50 years of memories and friendship. 

The 1 continuity point they were somehow obsessed with, they can't let go of, and recalculate. 

On 6/24/2018 at 5:19 PM, Bastet said:

Yeah, I like Ruby Dee, but Mammy Watkins is a seriously shitty character, but who doesn't get treated by the script as the jackass she is.  It's the nature of sitcoms for behavior that would be called out in real life to be played for laughs instead, but this is ridiculous. 

She was like another mother to Blanche, and then just up and disappeared on her without so much as a good-bye when Blanche was ten, leaving the girl to wonder what she'd done to make her leave.  Then all these decades later, she turns up and says, "I could sure use a hug" at the door, like nothing ever happened.  Then she really gets going, saying the reason she got in touch is she heard Blanche was selling off Big Daddy's stuff, and she wants the music box (for free, mind you).  When Blanche tells her to get stuffed, she orders her to sit down like Blanche is still the child and she's still the nanny.  All so she can tell her she and Big Daddy were lovers.*  Not as some death-bed confession in which she seeks an apology or anything like that, no, but as justification for her demand for that damn music box.  When Blanche is big enough to say she forgives her, she says she doesn't want forgiveness, because she's not ashamed of anything!  Fool, bye.

*When Blanche tells the others, she says they had an affair for over 50 years.  She left because Mrs. Hollingsworth found out about the affair, so if it went on for 50 years, that means they kept on even after that?  Assholes.

So much this!  How dare she come to Blanche's house after deserting her, tell her about the affair, insist she did nothing wrong, and make demands?  Then, when Blanche tells her to get bent, Blanche is in the wrong, gets ordered around by Mammy, and has to be the one to apologize?  Hardly. Mammy and that boxer are two of the most obnoxious guest characters on the show with their acts that make the girls think they are the ones in the wrong.

• Love 4
On 6/29/2018 at 10:26 AM, BlancheDevoreaux said:

So much this!  How dare she come to Blanche's house after deserting her, tell her about the affair, insist she did nothing wrong, and make demands?  Then, when Blanche tells her to get bent, Blanche is in the wrong, gets ordered around by Mammy, and has to be the one to apologize?  Hardly. Mammy and that boxer are two of the most obnoxious guest characters on the show with their acts that make the girls think they are the ones in the wrong.

I would also like to add the Voodoo Housekeeper as well - she bugged the crap out of me, I can't watch that episode.  Mammy and Boxer are annoying, too.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I would also like to add the Voodoo Housekeeper as well - she bugged the crap out of me, I can't watch that episode. 

That ep was on last night and yeah, they hired her to clean their house and she used the time to study for law school (I'm pretty sure it was law school). Um, no, sorry, I didn't hire you study I hired you to clean my freaking house! Mammy was awful as well. I don't remember the boxer though. Maybe that's a good thing. lol

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I don't remember the boxer though. Maybe that's a good thing. lol

The boxer Pepe, played by the same actor as Rose’s boss Enrique Mas, was awful. He pretended not to understand a word of English and only to be able to box. Then when it was revealed he was a violinist who spoke perfect English who was deceiving them for their money, he basically accused the girls of racism because they thought he was just a boxer who couldn’t speak English. Ugh. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I would also like to add the Voodoo Housekeeper as well - she bugged the crap out of me, I can't watch that episode. 

One of my favorite quotes did come from this show. 

Blanche:
Girls, we can't fire her now. She's making me an aphrodisiac.

Dorothy:
Use vodka and black underwear like everyone else!

• Love 5
21 hours ago, Ria said:

The boxer Pepe, played by the same actor as Rose’s boss Enrique Mas, was awful. He pretended not to understand a word of English and only to be able to box. Then when it was revealed he was a violinist who spoke perfect English who was deceiving them for their money, he basically accused the girls of racism because they thought he was just a boxer who couldn’t speak English. Ugh. 

Oh gross! Glad I don't remember that one. 

This might fall under the banner of unpopular opinions, but with the exception of Blanche going on about the "little balls of sunshine," I cannot stand the "Sick and Tired" two-parter. It's depressing and what they do at the restaurant to get out of paying for their expensive champagne is reprehensible. Dorothy should have checked out the price of the champagne before she ordered it. And I hate it when Dorothy unloads on the doctor at the restaurant. Her symptoms did mimic signs of depression and all the tests revealed that there was nothing physically wrong with her. And the doctor told her that most of his patients couldn't walk. I don't know why it would make her feel any better when her illness had a name -- there's no cure for it and it's very debilitating (although it didn't seem to bother her much in the latter seasons.) There's just something about Bea Arthur's performance that bugs me in these episodes.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

This might fall under the banner of unpopular opinions, but with the exception of Blanche going on about the "little balls of sunshine," I cannot stand the "Sick and Tired" two-parter. It's depressing and what they do at the restaurant to get out of paying for their expensive champagne is reprehensible. Dorothy should have checked out the price of the champagne before she ordered it. And I hate it when Dorothy unloads on the doctor at the restaurant. Her symptoms did mimic signs of depression and all the tests revealed that there was nothing physically wrong with her. And the doctor told her that most of his patients couldn't walk. I don't know why it would make her feel any better when her illness had a name -- there's no cure for it and it's very debilitating (although it didn't seem to bother her much in the latter seasons.) There's just something about Bea Arthur's performance that bugs me in these episodes.

It was never mentioned again. She was perfectly fine the next episode.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, mmecorday said:

and what they do at the restaurant to get out of paying for their expensive champagne is reprehensible. Dorothy should have checked out the price of the champagne before she ordered it

This always bothers me too. They essentially swindled hundreds of dollars from that restaurant. I didn’t find it funny. Its called grifting. 

Edited by Ria
  • Love 2

I think Dorothy’s issue was that the doctors kept dismissing her. She then took additional steps, such as speaking to mental health professionals, and kept getting dismissed. If the last guy had actually spoken with/read the letters from her previous doctors, or shown her any compassion, before acknowledging that he didn’t have the answer, I don’t think she’d have gone off on him. But he treated her like she was wasting his time and faking her illness because he couldn’t possibly be dealing with an unknown diagnosis. His big solution was that she was getting older and to change her hair. His whole attitude was the issue that Dorothy took issue with and was the worst of the bunch. 

The champagne scam was low no matter what else went on. 

• Love 14
1 minute ago, scarynikki12 said:

I think Dorothy’s issue was that the doctors kept dismissing her. She then took additional steps, such as speaking to mental health professionals, and kept getting dismissed. If the last guy had actually spoken with/read the letters from her previous doctors, or shown her any compassion, before acknowledging that he didn’t have the answer, I don’t think she’d have gone off on him. But he treated her like she was wasting his time and faking her illness because he couldn’t possibly be dealing with an unknown diagnosis. His big solution was that she was getting older and to change her hair. His whole attitude was the issue that Dorothy took issue with and was the worst of the bunch. 

The champagne scam was low no matter what else went on. 

And that's why I love that scene. I've been dismissed by doctors who don't care and  couldn't be bother to help figure out what was wrong. I've had two different sets of medical problems and both times I was dismissed by countless doctors. Some clung to well it must be the flu or I must be pregnant without bothering to do any checking. I've had doctors rudely tell me to stop bothering them because they had more important patients to deal with. When I finally found a doctor who listened (after five years!) and discovered the problem and how to treat it. You'd think the second problem that came up would be much easier to convince doctors because I had been proven right. Nope, they still couldn't be bother to do anything. It didn't matter that I went from normal to not being able to take care of myself they still acted like I was making the whole thing up and that I should get seek a therapist. I've had to lose years going from doctor to doctor to try and find someone who will help me. Why did I have to lose eight years of my life because each one of those doctors wouldn't do their job?  Which yes makes me love that scene with Dorothy and her doctor. Sometimes I wish she said more. I hope when I finally get diagnosis (I've finally found a doctor who is helping me) that the ones that dismiss me are still in practice because I really want to go back and tell them off.  

• Love 13

I love every word of that restaurant confrontation between Dorothy and the doctor, but my favorite moments are probably when she says if she'd been a man she'd have been taken more seriously and when the doctor's wife tells him oh yes he is going to sit there and listen to this.

But, yes, the champagne thing is utterly stupid -- you're in a nice restaurant and order a bottle of their best champagne, and you don't think it's going to be expensive?

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I love every word of that restaurant confrontation between Dorothy and the doctor, but my favorite moments are probably when she says if she'd been a man she'd have been taken more seriously and when the doctor's wife tells him oh yes he is going to sit there and listen to this.

But, yes, the champagne thing is utterly stupid -- you're in a nice restaurant and order a bottle of their best champagne, and you don't think it's going to be expensive?

I love that his wife said that. You would expect her to defend her husband or think Dorothy off as crazy for going off on her husband in a restaurant but nope telling her husband he was going to sit and listen. That was awesome. And Dorothy was right. If she was a man he would have taken her more seriously. 

Yes, the champagne was stupid. Why wouldn't you check the price? 

• Love 1

I also liked the part when Dorthy tells him that she hopes that if he's ever sick that he has a better doctor than he was to her or something to that effect.  

The shenanigans with the champagne was terrible and yet another reason I generally can't stand Sophie. I drink wine all the time and you can tell if it's turned. I'm not sure about champagne. Would salt in it ruin it that way? I thought that a sophisticated sommelier or maitre d' at an upscale restaurant would know better. Even if the price wasn't on the menu, that's a definite sign that you most likely can't afford it!

• Love 2

One of the most powerful tools a doctor has is the ability to give a name to what is wrong with the patient, so I can understand Dorothy wanting that to happen.  It's my understanding that this story arc was taken directly from the experience of GG creator, Susan Harris.

• Love 7

I thought that a sophisticated sommelier or maitre d' at an upscale restaurant would know better.

Of course they would. That always bothered me about this episode. Anyone with that job surely knows when champagne has been tampered with. And also knows methods people use to get out of paying. Why didn't he taste someone else's glass or pour some from the bottle? I hate when a joke requires that everyone acts like a moron. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ZuluQueenOfDwarves said:

I hate that Rose tries to stop Dorothy from ordering it (she was looking at the price), and Dorothy tells her to be quiet. Then later, she snaps at Rose for letting her get it. 

It made Dorothy a real hypocrite too. She ordered the bottle and then went along with Sophia’s dishonesty to get out of paying for it and for free meals on top of that. Yet she was (rightly) all over Blanche for buying a dress, wearing it once, and then trying to return it. She ordered the bottle. Be an adult and just pay for it. 

• Love 3

This is why Dorothy is my least favorite of the four. There were so many times when it was clear she thought she was better than the others. I wanted to smack her when she was preparing to be on "Jeopardy!" and when she bragged about doing the New York Times crossword puzzle -- in ink. And when they thought Blanche was pregnant and Rose talked about the kid going to the University of Minnesota, Dorothy acted like that was some kind of backwoods place only a dumb yokel would attend. From what I understand, the University of Minnesota is one of the best schools in the country. Heck, Peter Graves went there!

• Love 2

Now, what I won’t do is sit here like a bump on a maple syrup-honey-brown sugar-molasses-Rice Krispie log while everyone badmouths my beloved Dorothy. I love the old bat, warts and all. ?

I actually had a question but now I can’t for the life of me remember it.

• Love 10
(edited)
On 7/10/2018 at 1:12 PM, mmecorday said:

This is why Dorothy is my least favorite of the four. There were so many times when it was clear she thought she was better than the others. I wanted to smack her when she was preparing to be on "Jeopardy!" and when she bragged about doing the New York Times crossword puzzle -- in ink. And when they thought Blanche was pregnant and Rose talked about the kid going to the University of Minnesota, Dorothy acted like that was some kind of backwoods place only a dumb yokel would attend. From what I understand, the University of Minnesota is one of the best schools in the country. Heck, Peter Graves went there!

Dorothy's know-it-all side was definitely played up to a really obnoxious extent sometimes. But IMO, her arrogant comments are nothing compared to the horrifically cruel things that came out of Blanche and Sophia's mouths on a regular basis.

Rose wasn't much better with her outrageous competitiveness.

On 6/15/2018 at 9:51 PM, Ria said:

They could have written it so that she overheard him say he was leaving the church. That would have made a lot more sense than him ending the conversation there.

Re: episodes that don't make sense - one that's always bothered me is the one with Ham Lushbaugh. It turns out he had horrible sex with Virginia, and thinks that it happened with Blanche. So what made him decide to contact Blanche, go out to dinner with her, and tell her how beautiful she is?

I guess it could be chalked up to him being lonely and wanting someone to flirt with him. But he didn't seem happy when Blanche flirted with him. It just made him uneasy.

Edited by Blakeston
  • Love 2

I figured Ham still genuinely liked Blanche and wanted to catch up when he was in town. That she gave him the worst night of his life (or so he thought) only seemed to matter when Blanche made advances. 

No matter what, though, this episode gave me one of my favorite Blanche moments: 

”I wonder what would happen if someone were to call my sister Virginia and tell her this terribly embarrassing story.”

::gleeful smile::

“I guess there’s only one way to find out!”

It’s SO mean but soooooo funny. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

I figured Ham still genuinely liked Blanche and wanted to catch up when he was in town. That she gave him the worst night of his life (or so he thought) only seemed to matter when Blanche made advances. 

He seemed to be encouraging her come-ons pretty strongly, though - like that whole business about how he thought she'd be just as pretty as she was in college, but now she's even prettier.

He also was eager to see her a second time, even though she hit on him relentlessly.

3 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

A commenter wondered why Blanche put up with Sophia calling her a slut.  Everyone in that house called her one several times. Her own mother called her one.    

True, and Blanche got upset when Rose was revealed to have more boyfriends than she had, insisting, “I’M the biggest slut!”

This scene is one of my favorites from Dorothy: “That doesn’t make [Rose] a slut; it makes her THE slut!” and “The slut is dead; long live the slut!”

• Love 3
On 09/07/2018 at 9:25 PM, andromeda331 said:

And that's why I love that scene. I've been dismissed by doctors who don't care and  couldn't be bother to help figure out what was wrong. I've had two different sets of medical problems and both times I was dismissed by countless doctors. Some clung to well it must be the flu or I must be pregnant without bothering to do any checking. I've had doctors rudely tell me to stop bothering them because they had more important patients to deal with. When I finally found a doctor who listened (after five years!) and discovered the problem and how to treat it. You'd think the second problem that came up would be much easier to convince doctors because I had been proven right. Nope, they still couldn't be bother to do anything. It didn't matter that I went from normal to not being able to take care of myself they still acted like I was making the whole thing up and that I should get seek a therapist. I've had to lose years going from doctor to doctor to try and find someone who will help me. Why did I have to lose eight years of my life because each one of those doctors wouldn't do their job?  Which yes makes me love that scene with Dorothy and her doctor. Sometimes I wish she said more. I hope when I finally get diagnosis (I've finally found a doctor who is helping me) that the ones that dismiss me are still in practice because I really want to go back and tell them off.  

Doctors, especially those senior specialists like the doctor in the scene, are mostly arrogant and full of self importance, and dismiss us plain simple people. I've been in Dorothy's shoes, with chronic fatigue, and the official diagnosis was a cause for celebration and such a relief, but without the champagne. 

• Love 4

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this. How old are these characters supposed to be?  Somebody once told me that they're supposed to be in their 50s (obviously not Sophia) but that can't be right. I'll be 53 in a week and they all look like they could be my mom.  I've tried so many different wordings on Google to find out the character ages but all I can find are the actresses ages.  If I were to guess, I would say that they were all mid 60s, maybe late 60s.  

I never really got into the show, I've watched maybe 10 full episodes of the whole series so if they said their ages, I missed it. 

I do have to say that it's really nice to see a show with older women who's faces actually move.  I love watching older shows that were made before every actress had botox, fillers, and bad plastic surgery. 

• Love 1