Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

"Beverly Hills: 90210" anyone? I recently watched the first three seasons on Hulu and it was like being a kid again, but ultimately I lost interest because I'm not a kid anymore, lol.

I do love "Gilmore Girls" and can't wait for the reboot. I just hope it's good. I rewatched the whole show last year and was sad when I finished.

Can someone remind me how to make it so that you don't see posts from certain users? I've used it before, but I can't remember for the life of me. I refuse to make a dramatic exit from the forum, but I'd prefer not to see certain users.

6 minutes ago, bk10 said:

Can someone remind me how to make it so that you don't see posts from certain users? I've used it before, but I can't remember for the life of me. I refuse to make a dramatic exit from the forum, but I'd prefer not to see certain users.

Here is the Ignore Feature instructions for the situations where someone's posts may drive you to the brink.

1. Go to top of screen and click on the down arrow next to user name.

2. Click on "Ignored Users."

3. Type in the annoying person's name.

4. Select your preferences: Ignore Posts, Messages or Signature (if you leave them unchecked it will automatically ignore all three.)

5. Click "Add User" and you will see a list of users you are currently ignoring.

6. Return to the forum and have fun

Reminders: If another person quotes the poster you ignore, you will see the quotes and responses to the quotes. You cannot ignore the mods, and the mods cannot ignore you.

I love Gilmore Girls! I'm actually watching the whole series on dvd at the moment for like the 10th time. But I usually hate it when they try to bring shows back years later, so I'm gonna be really sceptical for now lol. 

• Love 1
On July 26, 2016 at 1:03 PM, ChlcGirl said:

It does indeed!  Sometimes it smells like a giant Hershey Kiss and sometimes like a rich, dark chocolate - cocoa powder day!!!

That is amazing! That sounds like a dream to me. I love chocolate.

• Love 1

My husband is a huge baseball fan and we've discussed "athletes" that look like Romo.  I'm sorry, but I don't think a person can be called an "athlete" if they look like they eat 2 dozen chicken wings and a case of beer every weekend (which is how a lot of baseball and football players look). 

• Love 3

Had another dream I was in TC last night.  Usually I am good for some reason (no dance training here!) and K/J like me and encourage me to stay.  This dream- we were rehearsing in the full uniform- I wasn't doing well so I quit.  They were mad, of course. Tobie, Cassie and Katy were all in TC with me.  When I left, they gave me a paper with 70% written on it and said I was the lowest ranked TCC.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Elizabeth9 said:

Had another dream I was in TC last night.  Usually I am good for some reason (no dance training here!) and K/J like me and encourage me to stay.  This dream- we were rehearsing in the full uniform- I wasn't doing well so I quit.  They were mad, of course. Tobie, Cassie and Katy were all in TC with me.  When I left, they gave me a paper with 70% written on it and said I was the lowest ranked TCC.

I've had a recurring dream that I somehow slipped under the radar and became a DCC, despite being overweight/not being able to do a split. Somehow I'm fine all year long, and then when I go to audition for my 2nd year I am terrified that K and J will figure out I can't do a split.

• Love 3

This is too funny!!!  I also had a DCC dream last night! hahaha.  I was at some former DCC's wedding and I was just right up there doing thunder struck with them! And wow, my kicks were great! hahaha!

• Love 1

The last DCC dream I had, I remember, after having made the team, being in the middle of a stunting-type performance and thinking "I can't believe I'm remembering all of this" and then promptly forgetting what I should be doing.  

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Elizabeth9 said:

So rude, and probably exactly what would have happened had that been reality. LOL

Funny a few of you are talking about dreams.  Last week I had a dream I made it, and I guess Kelli liked me because she hugged me.  I then panicked, wondering how I was going to make it to practices since I live/work just outside Philadelphia haha.

• Love 4

From three people who are currently at Oxnard and are a part of the team, scouts/insiders Romo is not overweight he's just wearing pads and it's an unfortunate angle...that's if you choose to believe that lol

22 hours ago, ByTor said:

Funny a few of you are talking about dreams.  Last week I had a dream I made it, and I guess Kelli liked me because she hugged me.  I then panicked, wondering how I was going to make it to practices since I live/work just outside Philadelphia haha.

Ha!  I've had dreams like that, too.  I keep dreaming I'm at try-outs and I'm thinking to myself "why am I here?  I'm 47 years old!" but then I make it in to camp and I stress about learning routines.  I put on the uniform and look fab and then my "real" body appears and I'm horrified and then I wake up. Kelli & Judy are always super nice in my dreams.  Such a bizarre dream, eh?

• Love 1

Sometimes I love talking to my husband about DCC.

*showing him pictures from press tour*

"She looks really big to be a DCC!"

Who? Holly? That's strange.

"Oh, it must be the angle."

"She looks like Kat"

Amy, seriously? How about in this picture?

"No, not nearly as much there"

*shows picture of Kat* Who's that?

"Kat"

How can you tell? 

"She looks like a mouse!"

Anyways, I thought it was funny

• Love 2
1 hour ago, McGee43 said:

What makes you say that? Their appearance on the finale of the Bachelorette?

Just thinking out loud, she's from Dallas so I would assume if she had any dance experience she probably would have tried out but idk

5 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

So I wonder if JoJo had any dance background and tried out for DCC...

haha i doubt that in a way BUT it's certainly a small world down there! I remember seeing her comment on one of Kelsey's pics on IG from last year...Kelsey's bf had just got back from Amazing Race and JoJo commented like "oh this made me smile!" so it made me think they are at least casual friends??! That Dallas world, man LOL 

Just now, LaurenBrook said:

haha i doubt that in a way BUT it's certainly a small world down there! I remember seeing her comment on one of Kelsey's pics on IG from last year...Kelsey's bf had just got back from Amazing Race and JoJo commented like "oh this made me smile!" so it made me think they are at least casual friends??! That Dallas world, man LOL 

The Dallas world is so small, I can't even fathom living there lol

4 minutes ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

Ugh. There are so many threads that have derailed (many of said derailments I personally take responsibility for. HA!) I can't for the life of me find what I'm looking for, nor can I remember who posted it! What is the bra that the girls use? @LaurenBrook? @dalgal214? Were you the ones who mentioned it? Thanks in advance!

sorry! wasn't me! aren't they Victoria secret Bombshell bras or something? 

Miracle Bra is a separate brand. Huge in the 90s. I think you can find them now at Kohls and Macy's. Miracle bra lifted and seperated into two globes.

VS makes the bombshell bra. It pushes up and together, and has at least two sizes of padding.

• Love 1

I tried on the Bombshell when I worked at VS - I loved the idea but seriously I looked like a cartoon character lol  I think they might alternate bra types depending on a cheerleader's individual size.  The Very Sexy pushup is my absolute favorite - it's only one level of pushup, whereas the Bombshell is two.

2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Now I would like to know if the bustier girls have to tape or do something else to keep things from busting out during kickline, etc. 

While I was never a DCC, I'm in the busty gal club and I can tell you that I had to use double-sided tape to keep from spilling out of costumes in the past.

• Love 1

Yeah I don't think I ever wore anythjng as push up as the DCC uniform so I don't know how tape would work if you're very endowed and doing their moves. We had more a line halter type tops or dresses that you couldn't fall out of. No cleavage. 

On August 3, 2016 at 0:38 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

They used to have contracts with Bedhead and maybe Two Faced  cosmetics (which is a horrible makeup brand from my experience). Or was it Hard Candy?

Two faced makeup is the most pore clogging makeup I have ever experienced/dealt with in my life.   It made me look like the poster child for proactive after 3 days of use, and I haven't had to deal w/ breakouts for over 20 years.   

One of the few foundations I have ever taken back to the store.  

The Cowboys just lost their backup quarterback due to an injury and there’s a shortage of good quarterbacks in the league. But I think the Jones’ might be tiring of these guys with baggage...Hardy, Manziel (there’s a rumor going around, don’t ask), and now Vick.  I guess it depends how desperate they become. 

• Love 1

This is way OT but I was just catching up on some of the forums and @kgirl38 I saw you mentioned being a Yooper - I lived in the UP off and on for 15 years (HS in SSM, undergrad at NMU), so if you're from there I'm sure I probably know you through the UP cousin-net lol  

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

Have you done bar? I have a few dvd's and while it was challenging, I don't feel like I'm getting results. Maybe I didn't do it long enough.

As a former dancer. It took me 3 months to get back into shape/see results  after a injury I sustained en pointe. I took a 1-1/2 off (mind you I was 14 when I returned to dance). Not sure how strenuous the barre method classes are but you may want to do 2-3 (1hr classes) to see results. 

10 minutes ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

I did it 4x a week for a about a month and the results were just meh. Maybe I was doing it wrong. Without an instructor to correct my form, (there wasn't a bar method in my area at the time) it's hard to tell.

I see. The Bar Method seems like a good alternative to people like me who hate yoga. I've never taken a class but I wonder if they teach the cecchetti and vaganova method.

16 minutes ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

I did it 4x a week for a about a month and the results were just meh. Maybe I was doing it wrong. Without an instructor to correct my form, (there wasn't a bar method in my area at the time) it's hard to tell.

Not meaning to derail, but what works for one (even most) doesn't necessarily work for all.  For me, running is the only thing that gives me results. Lower impact with weight training/yoga doesn't do squat for me.  So, to be sort of back on topic, I would probably refuse Jay's help if I had weight warnings, I know that running 50 miles a week would melt the pounds off rather quickly.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

Have you done bar? I have a few dvd's and while it was challenging, I don't feel like I'm getting results. Maybe I didn't do it long enough.

You're not alone... I used to take Bar Method with many former and current DCC. In my opinion, to see results, you already have to be pretty lean. You don't burn enough calories to lose the fat necessary to visibly show the muscle.

Edited by PrincessLeia

I went to Barre3 for about a year and never saw any results.  It's definitely not for weight loss but if you're already very thin you could tonne up.  I do Orange Theory Fitness now and that is the best workout ever, everyone loses so much weight it's crazy.