Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

I cannot even with Hope Solo  I am a rabid follower of European football and her comments were ridiculous.  The way that Sweden played was EXACTLY how "smaller" teams/clubs play giants like Real Madrid/Barcelona/Spain/Germany.  There is no rule that says that teams need to play to YOUR team's strengths. If they are defending with everything they've got, it is up to your team to come up with a Plan B and break them down.  Idiot.  

And her comments to all the domestic abuse and you have a real jerk.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I also think that's a stupidass reason to make up such an elaborate and crazy story!  

Some opinion piece I read had the same sentiment.  If they quietly made reparations, odds are better that nobody would have been the wiser.  I guess their arrogance wouldn't let them, though.

• Love 1

Their greatest punishment will be the lack of endorsements (hopefully).  What a stupid thing to do.  I bet their parents are so embarrassed and wondered what went wrong.  My mom always told me I better not do anything to embarrass them or I would be very sorry.

• Love 2

My parents too, @parrotfeathers!  I wouldn't be at all shocked, though, if these are the "No, not my Johnny!" type of parents who will still manage to blame someone else for something their special snowflake did.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1

Hey everyone!  Another lurker here, lol.  Found this forum about a year ago and was so excited to find I wasn't the only crazy fangirl!  I have loved all the insight but was always too chicken to chime in.  I'm 30 and from Indiana.  And my name really is Jess (Jessica) ;)

• Love 3
5 hours ago, JessB said:

Hey everyone!  Another lurker here, lol.  Found this forum about a year ago and was so excited to find I wasn't the only crazy fangirl!  I have loved all the insight but was always too chicken to chime in.  I'm 30 and from Indiana.  And my name really is Jess (Jessica) ;)

Hey Jess, it is nice to see someone else from Indiana!  Am just retired from 36 years as a college professor and have watched this since the 2 hour pilot.  Actually became interested when they did the Love Boat and the movie along with the pilot!  Welcome

3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Haha, thanks @MrsEVH! I did see that on one of my Rush fan pages, and no, not true :)

It was on my FB page. I get feeds from The College Of Rock 'N Roll Knowledge (was from this one) and Ultimate Classic Rock.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1

Someone please help me with the CMT website!

This morning I could watch Season 1, Episode 1 all the way through.  I had to do some other stuff and came back for Episode 2.  All of a sudden CMT said I had to sign in with my TV provider (DISH) which isn't even listed.  

Anyone have any ideas?  I do get CMT on my DISH subscription.  Why doesn't CMT even list it?

32 minutes ago, ChlcGirl said:

Yep.  CMT will let you watch one episode but anything more than that?  You need to sign in.

I also have CMT but can't sign in.  Welcome to the (crappy) club!!!

I have TWC and an account for cmt. I tried watching a video that someone posted a link to and I couldn't see it.

1 hour ago, ChlcGirl said:

Yep.  CMT will let you watch one episode but anything more than that?  You need to sign in.

I also have CMT but can't sign in.  Welcome to the (crappy) club!!!

That is ridiculous.  I wonder what the hold out is with Dish.

No I'm aware of that. But us Brits have a GBR kit which is worn at international comps. i think she's just wearing a standard USA kit? So it could have been taken anytime from 2013. 

I'm sad the Olympics is over ?

• Love 2
14 hours ago, PBSLover said:

If we were to do a vote on favorite poster names on this board, mine goes to ParrotFeathers.  I suppose she is a parrot owner?

Oh yes that's me!!  I have probably 100 parrots and breed one of the most endangered, the Golden Conure.  Of course most species are very endangered in the wild.  I have bred 5 generations (which is a big deal in the parrot world)!  Just ask me anything about a parrot.  Also served as president for the largest and oldest avicultural organizations.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Oh yes that's me!!  I have probably 100 parrots and breed one of the most endangered, the Golden Conure.  Of course most species are very endangered in the wild.  I have bred 5 generations (which is a big deal in the parrot world)!  Just ask me anything about a parrot.  Also served as president for the largest and oldest avicultural organizations.

This is wonderful thing that you do!  Parrots are fabulous and I am sure with that many, all encompassing of your time.  My parents had a Grey for 30 years & we loved him so very much. Thank you for your parrot passion!

• Love 1
15 hours ago, KellyAnn3 said:

The USA Gymnastics team is not the same thing as the Olympic team. The girls who go to the Olympics are chosen from the girls who are already on the national team. Makayla Skinner, Regan Smith, etc. are all on the team along with girls like Maggie Nichols and others who we never hear of, they just didn't get to go to the Olympics because they aren't the top 5 or 6 that the televised competitions focus on.

I'd say that photo is from a few years ago when they held a major gymnastics competition at AT&T Stadium. No big conspiracy.

MAGGIE love her, wish she made the team but her injury had the worst timing. I follow McKayla and Ashton on snapchat, Ashton is so funny. 

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 8:08 AM, heatherrrrz said:

Lily beat a known doper which was what made a lot of people happy

except they made it about a Russia vs. US thing and frankly, the woman tested clean for this Olympics so I don't know why Lily is being so indignant and huffy over something she wasn't even involved in.  It's obnoxious and so stereotypical "American" ... to be haughty and have a superiority complex.  Again, this is why so many foreign countries can't stand us.  :(

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

except they made it about a Russia vs. US thing and frankly, the woman tested clean for this Olympics so I don't know why Lily is being so indignant and huffy over something she wasn't even involved in.  It's obnoxious and so stereotypical "American" ... to be haughty and have a superiority complex.  Again, this is why so many foreign countries can't stand us.  :(

I thought it was because the Russian girl wagged her finger at Lily saying she was number one unless I'm thinking about Michael Phelps, I have no clue lol

3 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I thought it was because the Russian girl wagged her finger at Lily saying she was number one unless I'm thinking about Michael Phelps, I have no clue lol

I think she wagged her finger up for winner her heat / race.  She came in at #1.  Lily was watching backstage and wagged her finger at the tv mocking her.  And then did it again later on ... and again and again.  As far as I'm concerned, separate and apart from past doping, that girl came out looking classier than Lily by not making the Olympics about stupid drama

• Love 1

So from my understanding, the Russian swimmer just tested positive a few months before the Olympics for doping and they allowed her to swim which pissed a lot of people off. 

2 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

So from my understanding, the Russian swimmer just tested positive a few months before the Olympics for doping and they allowed her to swim which pissed a lot of people off. 

Totally get why people would be "mad" but at the end of the day the Courts found it permissible for her to compete so be agree about the system not the person.  It sucks and it's not "fair" but life isn't fair and unless she was actually cheating at the Olympics, I don't see a reason for throwing shade.  Olympics is suppose to be a happy celebratory event for countries to come together in sportsmanship.  It's not about politics (dramatic Cold War references) and it's not about mocking or being holier-than-thou.  We can agree to disagree but I think Lily going on and on and on about the stupid finger and the media gobbling that up just made her as big of a dbag (in my opinion) as Hope Solo.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Totally get why people would be "mad" but at the end of the day the Courts found it permissible for her to compete so be agree about the system not the person.  It sucks and it's not "fair" but life isn't fair and unless she was actually cheating at the Olympics, I don't see a reason for throwing shade.  Olympics is suppose to be a happy celebratory event for countries to come together in sportsmanship.  It's not about politics (dramatic Cold War references) and it's not about mocking or being holier-than-thou.  We can agree to disagree but I think Lily going on and on and on about the stupid finger and the media gobbling that up just made her as big of a dbag (in my opinion) as Hope Solo.

No one is as big as a D bag as Hope lol

2 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

lol true dat!  sometimes I wonder what people like Hope and Ryan were thinking... their conduct probably / definitely cost them $$$ in sponsorship!

I don't understand why Ryan lied about it, seriously what was he thinking?

7 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

that is really neat - one of my favorite authors (Mercedes Lackey) has a lot of parrot-children, and I think she is also a falconer.  Some of my favorite books she's written actually detail some things about birds and I always thought it was fascinating.  I love birds but I know they are a seriously major commitment.  What are the personalities of the different birds like?  Do you have a favorite?  Can birds be litter trained?  What makes for having a happy parrot?

• Love 2

Oh it's the cutest thing, a bunch of amateur bakers get together in the summer in a tent with bunting etc and bake stuff, and get judged on it by Paul Hollywood and this cute old lady Mary Berry. Its like 8/10 weeks long and someone gets eliminated every week until there's a final and the winner is announced at an afternoon garden party! It's honestly just the best. 

• Love 1

I'm terrified of pretty much all birds, except parrots. My friends parrot (I don't know what type, she's mostly red with bits of blue and green) either calls me a wanker or a pretty girlie ?? they're so clever 

• Love 1

There's going to be a Gilmore Girls festival in the town that influenced the show and it's only an hour and 20 minutes from me, kicker is tickets are $175 but it's for the whole weekend

6 hours ago, raindancer said:

that is really neat - one of my favorite authors (Mercedes Lackey) has a lot of parrot-children, and I think she is also a falconer.  Some of my favorite books she's written actually detail some things about birds and I always thought it was fascinating.  I love birds but I know they are a seriously major commitment.  What are the personalities of the different birds like?  Do you have a favorite?  Can birds be litter trained?  What makes for having a happy parrot?

Parrots can be potty trained to a certain extent.  You have to pay attention to the signals they give right before and put them over whatever is okay to poo on.  They go quite often, but almost never at night.  So first thing in the morning you can teach them to "go potty" on a piece of paper out of his pen or even over the toilet.  

You are correct in the commitment part.  The larger the parrot, the longer the lifespan.   One of my pets just passed from a cancerous tumor on his wing at age 27.  

It's hard to decide which is a favorite species.  The babies are so cute you can't help but love them all.  All the breeders that are retired (mostly the amazons are retired) have been with me over 20 years so after seeing them every day they all seem like old friends.

I think the biggest mistake people make with the white parrots (cockatoos) is treating them like little humans.  They become accustomed to being the center of attention very quickly and then when the new wears off do not understand why they are not handled 24 hours a day!  I call the white cockatoos big termites because they will destroy anything wooden within their beaks' reach.

There are some great videos of parrots on FB!

A happy parrot is integrated into the family much like a dog.  Hands on attention is important, but so is the "ambient" attention.  Some species like amazons don't enjoy that much petting, but a cockatoo will just sit all day and let you pet them.  A bigger parrot is not necessarily a better pet.  Budgies are the best talkers ever.  Disco is a very famous parakeet with a huge vocabulary.  And with budgies you don't have to worry about them living 50 to 80 years!!

• Love 2
7 hours ago, JC123 said:

Oh it's the cutest thing, a bunch of amateur bakers get together in the summer in a tent with bunting etc and bake stuff, and get judged on it by Paul Hollywood and this cute old lady Mary Berry. Its like 8/10 weeks long and someone gets eliminated every week until there's a final and the winner is announced at an afternoon garden party! It's honestly just the best. 

I will have to check it out, it sounds adorable!!  British TV is so awesome....I've always loved Midsomer Murders and Rosemary and Thyme ?

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

What Dallas fans do during DCC performances. Also, don't wear a tube top to a fist fight. 

OMG the announcement at the end!

That is some terrible security. I've never seen a stadium fight go on that long. 

• Love 1

I wish I could figure out who was fighting who there.  I thought at first two women, then two men, and THEN a woman and a man.

Regardless, classy!  Also, "Don't wear a tube top to a fist fight" is as great a life lesson as "If given the chance, always pee before leaving."

• Love 3

If you're a Dallas fan, you're practically told not to go to a Dal vs NYG game at metlife stadium because they're incredibly rude to us. I live two hours away from Metlife but I'd rather go to Gillette for a Pats vs Dal game. On the list of worst fans by team, Giants are insanely close to the top. Seahawks, Steelers, Eagles, Jets and Raiders are ahead of them. Of course, we're almost top of the list because of those "five rings, what do you have?" type of fans.

1 hour ago, PBSLover said:

TONY ROMO’S BACK IS BROKEN.  Ugh.  Such a shame.

Lol it's not his whole back just a bone in it but they're saying he'll be okay to play