Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

(edited)

Lol  teasing!

My go-to rewatch shows are Friday Night Lights (love, love, love even though I despise football), Gilmore Girls, Happy Endings, Swing town (only one season but silly fun) and True Blood (because Lafayette and Pam)

Oooooooooooooo!  And Justified!  

Edited by ChlcGirl
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

Haha I kind of feel like it's because I responded to someone who asked Judy a question?

YES to Friday Night Lights!! love!! And so excited for new GG episodes on Netflix!! 

• Love 1

I'm currently on my second go round of "Big Love." It's an HBO show but I highly recommend it to anyone who has access. It's a really compelling real world type story with excellent acting. Probably in my top five shows of all time. I also can't recommend "Breaking Bad" and "Mad Men" enough.

And if you're down for something a little more cheesy and soapy, "Pretty Little Liars" is my guilty pleasure.

I used to watch "Cheerleader Nation" about Dunbar Hugh school, a full decade ago. Little did I know I would get hooked onto MTT much later. I also used to watch Pretty Little Liars, but holy cow it will never end haha

• Love 3
1 minute ago, GAgirl said:

I used to watch "Cheerleader Nation" about Dunbar Hugh school, a full decade ago. Little did I know I would get hooked onto MTT much later. I also used to watch Pretty Little Liars, but holy cow it will never end haha

I LOVED cheerleader nation!! Such a short show, it was so awesome to see

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, GAgirl said:

I freaking loved Cheerleader Nation.  You can still watch on lifetime website.

Even years later, Chelsea still annoys me 

Just now, ChlcGirl said:

I freaking loved Cheerleader Nation.  You can still watch on lifetime website.

Even years later, Chelsea still annoys me 

I didn't realize you can still watch it! I'm going to start it tonight haha!

• Love 1

I third the recommendation for Friday Night Lights, excellent show.

Myself, I'm pretty much obsessed with Game of Thrones at the moment. It's not everyone's cup of tea I'm sure but I can't get enough right now.

Started cheerleader nation last night again haha! Chelsea still does annoy me, a lot.

i actually managed to find Ryan on Facebook and she's now the spirit coordinator of University of Alabama at Birmington. She's engaged and graduated University of Alabama Tuscaloosa in 2012. Man that show must have been forever ago!! She cheered all four years at Dunbar, went to University of Kentucky for maybe a year (I couldn't tell) and then transferred to UA! 

Man im such a creep haha!

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Is anyone else obsessed with gymnastics even though you've never tumbled?

Me. 150%!! I've watched every cheer and gymnast tv show or movie and I follow Olympic gymnastics so much. I'm so tall so I think I've just always hated that I couldn't do it haha

• Love 1
(edited)

Started watching Cheerleader Nation because y'all were talking about it and I was curious. :P  Chelsea annoys the heck out of me!

I love gymnastics too!  Simone Biles is a beast!  All of them are superhumans of course, I doubt I could even walk across a balance beam without falling...

Edited by ClosetBachJunkie
Just now, ClosetBachJunkie said:

Started watching Cheerleader Nation because y'all were talking about it and I was curious. :P  Chelsea annoys the heck out of me!

haha me too!! i'd never heard of it but watched the first episode last night.  At 31, I forgot how annoying teenagers in general are LOL 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dccfan37 said:

Me. 150%!! I've watched every cheer and gymnast tv show or movie and I follow Olympic gymnastics so much. I'm so tall so I think I've just always hated that I couldn't do it haha

Same. I've always been tall and was so sad I couldn't be a flyer.

1 hour ago, ClosetBachJunkie said:

I love gymnastics too!  Simone Biles is a beast!  All of them are superhumans of course, I doubt I could even walk across a balance beam without falling...

She's amazing - so incredibly strong - a lot of energy and electricity packed in that tiny body!  I wonder if she will win gold this year .. that would be amazing!!  I wonder if Gabby is satisfied with her gold and not aiming or expecting it this year.  I'm sure it's an accomplishment in itself to get back on the team after 4 years and your body changing.  Very sad not to see Mckayla vault again. That girl has a beast of a vault - the most amazing ones I've ever seen!

I loveeeee gymnastics but I'm an ex gymnast so ;) can't wait for the Olympics! 

Simone biles is a little firecracker.. Gabby hasn't been in many internationals this year so I think Simone really has a chance for gold! 

Keep an eye on the British girls too; we've come on leaps and bounds in recent years. Claudia Fragapane is an incredible tumbler and (j believe) has a shot at a medal. Becky and Ellie downie (the sisters) will also be worth watching. 

I'm so excited!!! 

• Love 2

Sorry if someone mentioned this and I somehow missed it...did anyone watch Make it Or Break It? The teen show about girls trying out for the Olympics? It was soooo much drama LOL but man, I loved it.  I keep trying to find it online to watch and it's next to impossible. Was so annoyed it was cancelled right before Olympics! 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

Started cheerleader nation last night again haha! Chelsea still does annoy me, a lot.

i actually managed to find Ryan on Facebook and she's now the spirit coordinator of University of Alabama at Birmington. She's engaged and graduated University of Alabama Tuscaloosa in 2012. Man that show must have been forever ago!! She cheered all four years at Dunbar, went to University of Kentucky for maybe a year (I couldn't tell) and then transferred to UA! 

Man im such a creep haha!

And Chelsea's mother??  I'm like "WOMAN!!! Do not let that little snotface with her horrible dye job talk to you like that!!! Ground her ass!!!"

She never took my advice though ... ?

6 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Sorry if someone mentioned this and I somehow missed it...did anyone watch Make it Or Break It? The teen show about girls trying out for the Olympics? It was soooo much drama LOL but man, I loved it.  I keep trying to find it online to watch and it's next to impossible. Was so annoyed it was cancelled right before Olympics! 

I watched it!! And I actually just rewatched it. One of my FAVORITE shows!!!

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

I watched it!! And I actually just rewatched it. One of my FAVORITE shows!!!

Always felt like the whole Emily thing ended weird...like, oh, having a baby, off to grandma's, bye and then she was TOTALLY off the map!! 

44 minutes ago, JC123 said:

I loveeeee gymnastics but I'm an ex gymnast so ;) can't wait for the Olympics! 

Simone biles is a little firecracker.. Gabby hasn't been in many internationals this year so I think Simone really has a chance for gold! 

Keep an eye on the British girls too; we've come on leaps and bounds in recent years. Claudia Fragapane is an incredible tumbler and (j believe) has a shot at a medal. Becky and Ellie downie (the sisters) will also be worth watching. 

I'm so excited!!! 

I'm kind of sad Gabby got in over Maggie. Gabby hasn't been doing well in competitions and this is the time that she needs to. I feel like she might have peaked too soon and Martha will be pissed if she doesn't do good at the games considering this is Martha's last year and she wants to go down with another team gold.

26 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

omg I totally watched it!  I wish it were on Netflix as I really did enjoy it (even though it was a bit young).  Bummed that Emily left the show (I know actress got pregnant but still sigh) and it was annoying that they ended it right before Olympics.  I think it was too neat of an ending with all of them making the team.  And didn't Payton break her back and still come back to do gymnastics on a competitive level?  smh ... love those crazy shows

15 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Always felt like the whole Emily thing ended weird...like, oh, having a baby, off to grandma's, bye and then she was TOTALLY off the map!! 

yeah ..I  thought she would show up for the series finale .. maybe to cheer them on at the trials?  It's so weird that they never talked about her again. Did the guy who got her preggers (on the show) stay by her or was she raising baby solo?

• Love 1
Just now, tobeyoungagain said:

omg I totally watched it!  I wish it were on Netflix as I really did enjoy it (even though it was a bit young).  Bummed that Emily left the show (I know actress got pregnant but still sigh) and it was annoying that they ended it right before Olympics.  I think it was too neat of an ending with all of them making the team.  And didn't Payton break her back and still come back to do gymnastics on a competitive level?  smh ... love those crazy shows

I swear every girl had a major health issue before the series ended LOL Peyton broke her back, Kaylie had anorexia, Emily got pregnant and in that last season Lauren had heart issues! mercy!! 

Yeah I was too! I don't follow many of the US gymnasts, only the superstars cos there's just too many to keep up with otherwise haha! I think Gabby is incredible don't get me wrong, but in the last 2 years she hasn't shown the commitment to the sport like Maggie has. but it is what it is I guess. 

Glad I mentioned Cheeleader Nation! Haha. I'm now on the third episode, and what I've found funniest are the mid 2000's song choices and clothing. That's awesome about Ryan! I really liked her.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ClosetBachJunkie said:

I watched all eight episodes of Cheerleader Nation over the course of about two days.  I need a life!  Unfortunately, my opinion of Chelsea didn't really improve.

Regarding gymnastics, I think Laurie Hernandez will be one to watch too.

Laurie is so cute!!

5 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

The whole show is available on Hulu. I just rewatched it a few weeks back and was so sad when I finished it again. The ending was so abrupt and I wanted to see them go to the Olympics. I honestly might watch it again in the near future, lol.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, ChlcGirl said:

I'm only slightly embarrassed to say that I looked up a "Where Are They Now" page.  Chelsea is living with her boyfriend and daughter.

I found Chelsea on Facebook! Ugh I'm so embarrassed with my creeping ability. She's engaged and definitely has veneers haha

5 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

The actress who played Emily was actually pregnant in real life, so they had to write her out somehow. I was honestly never a fan of the Emily character. Payson and Kaylie were my favorites. I really also hated the Jordan character they brought in to take Emily's place.

Oh, and I also loved KP even though she was an awful bitch in the first two seasons.

7 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

I found Chelsea on Facebook! Ugh I'm so embarrassed with my creeping ability. She's engaged and definitely has veneers haha

I'm impressed!  It is disturbing that I still feel a "blech" when I see her.  I wonder if she is still unpleasant.

7 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

The actress who played Emily was actually pregnant in real life, so they had to write her out somehow. I was honestly never a fan of the Emily character. Payson and Kaylie were my favorites. I really also hated the Jordan character they brought in to take Emily's place.

Oh, and I also loved KP even though she was an awful bitch in the first two seasons.

I loved the way KP ended up in season 3! I physically teared up when she decided to retire

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

I loved hers but did you see Ragans??? I'm obsessed with hers!!!

Is she the real tiny one that danced to Adams Family?  That was great too.

7 minutes ago, omgtv said:

She is so cute! Can't wait to see her in 2020! wait-- she is an alternate, right?

Yep she's an alternate! As long as she continues improving and doesn't peak too early, I think she's good for 2020!

9 hours ago, omgtv said:

Is she the real tiny one that danced to Adams Family?  That was great too.

YES OMG I'M OBSESSED WITH THAT ROUTINE. I showed my mom and she was like "it is cute" I'm like no mom, she's adorable!

random and back to food (yeah I have a problem lol) ... but anyone ever hear of cheddar-caramel popcorn??  I mean seriously!  I can't decide if I like it or hate it ... I just know my mouth is super confused and I can't stop eating it

• Love 1

I'm traveling DCC style this evening and I don't know how they do it. My husband and I are headed to Florida for a wedding and unfortunately his best friend's mom passed away this week so we had to go to the service right before going to the airport. I'm wearing a skirt and heels and I am a jeans or sweats and sneakers kind of girl at the airport. My heels aren't even that high and I'm regretting it. 

10 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

random and back to food (yeah I have a problem lol) ... but anyone ever hear of cheddar-caramel popcorn??  I mean seriously!  I can't decide if I like it or hate it ... I just know my mouth is super confused and I can't stop eating it

A cheddar caramel mix is called Chicago mix which is actually the trademarked name by the one company that invented it.  Like it but perhaps it is really a Midwest type of snack

• Love 1

@tobeyoungagain and @cherryblossom I know the kind you're talking about...I actually live in downtown Chicago and Garrett popcorn shops are super popular here.  The Chicago mix is supposed to be one of their specialties http://www.garrettpopcorn.com/flavors/cp-garrettmix.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwq8y8BRCstYTm8qeT9mwSJACZGjUkF6UhxN4-4vs6rgIx8XaDIwazXYnwsXhlzutvg-7jqhoCbN_w_wcB .  I've never tried it but I love their caramel corn.  There are a few locations by where I live, and there is almost always a line out the door and you can smell the caramel corn as you walk by.  It's pretty tempting.  Also, @tobeyoungagain, I saw you mentioned you like Chicago PD earlier - I actually saw them filming a block away from me across from my gym.  If you happen to see a scene with an overturned ambulance that crashed partway through a cement barrier...that'll be it :)

• Love 1