Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

They definitely aren't cheap, and I know I've lived in Dallas too long, but $550 honestly didn't seem that bad to me. White boots just seem so impractical for your "investment" boot. So if I could have only one pair of boots, these wouldn't be it. 

Besides, we've seen these gals roll up into auditions wearing $250 sparkly bras. What's $550 for shoes? 

• Love 3

If I'm paying $550 for shoes, they better have a red sole or a nice T logo on it :)

White boots definitely don't seem like investment, have-forever, wear-with-anything-everything boots.  I would love me a pair of loubie boots ... mmmmmm yeah those are thousands

• Love 1
4 hours ago, kalibean said:

They definitely aren't cheap, and I know I've lived in Dallas too long, but $550 honestly didn't seem that bad to me. White boots just seem so impractical for your "investment" boot. So if I could have only one pair of boots, these wouldn't be it. 

Besides, we've seen these gals roll up into auditions wearing $250 sparkly bras. What's $550 for shoes? 

Regardless of the fact that some of these girls spend hundreds on audition wear, not all do and not all have the means to. I'm sure some will buy the boots, but it can't be expected when the things cost half a grand. I couldn't afford it unless I was going to seriously scrimp on other things.

• Love 1
(edited)

No, it wouldn't be "expected" to buy the boots, but if it were me in the final stages of TC, I'd make darned sure I had adequate field practice in boots that are as close as possible to the ones worn by DCC. It just seems penny wise/ pound foolish to spend so much money & effort on the earlier stages and then not feel totally ready to kick and stride on the field. Find three other TCCs of the same size & split the cost, sell them as "almost new" a week later on eBay (also sell audition and solo outfits that were worn once or twice), whatever it takes.

Edited by Moxiejan
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Well they're $550, so I personally wouldn't expect every girl who wants to be a DCC to shell out that money to avoid boot shock. With a price tag like that they're not really available to all.

You know what's funny? Being a Texas girl, my first thought was, " oh, that's not too bad," lol. My son is obsessed with cowboy boots, and we've seen upwards of 1500 dollars. I would never pay that, but I know someone would. I love the brown ones. 

• Love 1

I for sure think it's crazy town to buy them just for audition practice, but they are super cute boots. I think buying the Capezio dance boots they wore back in the day would be sufficient for practice ahead of time. And I would definitely do that before I bought the sparky bra for $250. I still just think that's crazy expensive, and my threshold for ridiculously expensive things is pretty damn high. 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I for sure think it's crazy town to buy them just for audition practice, but they are super cute boots. I think buying the Capezio dance boots they wore back in the day would be sufficient for practice ahead of time. And I would definitely do that before I bought the sparky bra for $250. I still just think that's crazy expensive, and my threshold for ridiculously expensive things is pretty damn high. 

Thanks, I was starting to feel like I was on crazy pills for thinking buying these solely for audition practice was nuts.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, kalibean said:

When you say the boots from "back in the day", do you mean the ones like in this photo?

1387166513-0.jpg

Or like, the go-go style boots that the DCC used to wear (and a lot of NFL squads still do)? Obviously, Luchesse boots are premium quality, but it seems like any old pair of cowboy boots could be worn to practice wearing on grass and wearing while dancing. If these girls didn't do *at least* that, it'd be foolhardy.

• Love 2
On July 5, 2016 at 5:59 PM, JC123 said:

Not shocked by the price, but I'm completely blown away by the fact that those are 4 inch heels!!! They soooo do not look like it!  I always thought they were like 2 inches... that's what they look like.  Mind blown.  

Also, Lucchese is a sponsor, they donate those boots in exchange for being able to say they're the official boot of the DCC.  There is no cost to the DCC. <<In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Lucchese actually pays the Cowboys to have the privilege of donating the boots. especially if there is advertising involved, like being mentioned as a sponsor in the calendar, etc.>>

13 hours ago, KellyAnn3 said:

When you say the boots from "back in the day", do you mean the ones like in this photo?

1387166513-0.jpg

Or like, the go-go style boots that the DCC used to wear (and a lot of NFL squads still do)? Obviously, Luchesse boots are premium quality, but it seems like any old pair of cowboy boots could be worn to practice wearing on grass and wearing while dancing. If these girls didn't do *at least* that, it'd be foolhardy.

Oooh, great pic find. I was actually thinking the more recent go go style...the last season I remember noting the more "basic" dance boot was Jackie Bob's rookie year. She was so damn excited.  

So our recommended DCC TCC checklist:  youtube and practice the bejesus out of Thunderstruck and get some time dancing on turf in boots. 

• Love 2

I know many people say the current shorts look like diapers, but I think the ones on the above picture look much more like diapers with the high waists.

• Love 3

In regards to the boots, as much as I would like a pair myself, there is NO way I'd be spending that much money on a pair of boots when there are other needs to be taken care of first.  That also be low on the list of expensive "luxury" items for me.

I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I've been watching the news about the police officers that have been shot and killed in Dallas. I seem to remember reading somewhere that former DCC Angela (from Australia) is married to a Dallas policeman. If she is, I hope her husband is okay. My prayers go out to Dallas and the families of the dead and wounded. Please feel free to move this post if this is not the right place.

• Love 5

@bjo1969 thank you for your post. As a police wife, anytime a blue brother is lost it hurts us all. Much like within any kind of community I'm sure. I'm definitely sending prayers out to all Dallas officers and their families, and Angela is certainly included in that. 

• Love 3
On July 1, 2016 at 11:09 PM, SopranoKris said:

I'm a nurse on a respiratory critical care unit and take care of patients with trachs/ventilators.  I think nothing of having to suction out their trachs.  You would not believe the number of resident physicians who can't stand being in the room when I have to suction the patient.  To me, it's just phlegm.  I actually had a junior resident start gagging when I suctioned a patient with pseudomonas infection.  Now, granted, pseudomonas stinks horribly, but you put on a mask and don't breathe through your nose.  Problem solved.  I looked at the resident and said "how did you get through med school without puking?" when she was gagging. LOL

My uncle is an orthopedic surgeon. He cuts through bone, tissue, muscle. Blood. He cannot handle vomit or poop. Doctors can be such babies! ?

• Love 4

As an ER nurse we were touring 2 med students through the ER as they were going to be working with us during the summer.  We just showed them the equipment on the blood drawing cart and one passed out!!  I always wondered how she made it!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

My uncle is an orthopedic surgeon. He cuts through bone, tissue, muscle. Blood. He cannot handle vomit or poop. Doctors can be such babies! ?

Yes, they can!

3 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

As an ER nurse we were touring 2 med students through the ER as they were going to be working with us during the summer.  We just showed them the equipment on the blood drawing cart and one passed out!!  I always wondered how she made it!

Doesn't make you wonder?  And they end up earning 4 times as much as we do.  I'm actually in the process of going back to school to get my DNP. I will *not* be squeamish, that's for sure :)

• Love 1
7 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Heartbroken for Dallas tonight. If Angela's husband is a DPD officer, I hope he's safe.

Doesn't anybody here follow her on social media? If you hear anything please post it.

I know we are sad and upset over what happen in Dallas, but one of the rules on here is not discussing politics related to the shootings. Political discussion can turn unpleasant and can lead to hurt feelings quickly. Posts discussing the shooting in relations to gun control, what political leaders are or are not doing, or war on certain groups of people or races will be hidden or deleted at the discretion of the mods. Lets turn our anger and sadness into something positive.

Will do bigskygirl.  Apologies as I wasn't trying to be negative but rather hopeful thinking that this violence will not continue. I will abide by your rules and refrain from discussing the political aspect of things. thanks

• Love 3
2 hours ago, SopranoKris said:

Doesn't make you wonder?  And they end up earning 4 times as much as we do.  I'm actually in the process of going back to school to get my DNP. I will *not* be squeamish, that's for sure :)

Congrats on DNP!  Have had a number of friends receive theirs.  Gave up on my PhD and just retired after 36 years in academic life.  Wait, I hope this is the small talk forum.  Sorry

• Love 1
1 hour ago, cherryblossom said:

Congrats on DNP!  Have had a number of friends receive theirs.  Gave up on my PhD and just retired after 36 years in academic life.  Wait, I hope this is the small talk forum.  Sorry

Yep, it's small talk forum, no worries :)  36 year in academia...wow!  Nursing is actually a second career for me.  Now that the kids are grown, I'm finally getting the chance to do what I want.

I have compiled a list of girls based on the prep class hashtag on Instagram! 

Caila Sims @cailamichelle95

Kelly Hoover @kellyhoover

Kaleigh Tower @kaleighnicoletower

Owoade @owoadek

Shelbi Crawford @shelbicrawford

Christina Marie @trd_christina

Madison Wetherington @madisonnicole63

Amanda Rose @trd_amanda

Samantha Jo @trd_samantha

Jourdyn Moore @jourdynmoore

Kristen Condren @kristencondren

Alex Marin @alexandreamarin

Isabelle Muller @dsd_muller

Mari @dsd_marisol

Kat Rogers @katkatrogers

Macy @macythemermaid

Cherlyn Pilar @cherlynpie

Mary Domino @mkdomino

Megan @ohmymegann_

Emma Jones @emmaleejones20

Alycia Holmes @alycia_holmes

Rachel Horikami @rachelorigami

Katie Jeanes @katiepjeanes

Jenna Brooks @jenna_brooks1

Missy Lawler @misslawler12

Liv Cortes @gettin_livy_with_it

@_physicallypoetic

Klarissa Moore @klarissamoore

Erica Gurrusquieta @ericacanalesg

(edited)

I follow Angela on both twitter and Instagram and she has not posted anything. I hope she's just busy and that something hasn't happened to her husband. I think it's certainly possible that if she is the wife of police officer she and her husband are with their law enforcement family and she's focused on real life.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by the shootings in Dallas. I was horrified to wake up to that news this morning.

Edited by SanLynn
(edited)
6 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

I have compiled a list of girls based on the prep class hashtag on Instagram! 

Caila Sims @cailamichelle95

Kelly Hoover @kellyhoover

Kaleigh Tower @kaleighnicoletower

Owoade @owoadek

Shelbi Crawford @shelbicrawford

Christina Marie @trd_christina

Madison Wetherington @madisonnicole63

Amanda Rose @trd_amanda

Samantha Jo @trd_samantha

Jourdyn Moore @jourdynmoore

Kristen Condren @kristencondren

Alex Marin @alexandreamarin

Isabelle Muller @dsd_muller

Mari @dsd_marisol

Kat Rogers @katkatrogers

Macy @macythemermaid

Cherlyn Pilar @cherlynpie

Mary Domino @mkdomino

Megan @ohmymegann_

Emma Jones @emmaleejones20

Alycia Holmes @alycia_holmes

Rachel Horikami @rachelorigami

Katie Jeanes @katiepjeanes

Jenna Brooks @jenna_brooks1

Missy Lawler @misslawler12

Liv Cortes @gettin_livy_with_it

@_physicallypoetic

Klarissa Moore @klarissamoore

Erica Gurrusquieta @ericacanalesg

Out of this group I like Caila, Kelly, owaode, shelbi (kinda), Madison, Jourdyn, Kristen, kat, Macy, Mary Kate, Emma, and Missy. 

pretty sure they've all auditioned for DCC except for Madison, Kristen, and Mary Kate. 

Also 95% sure the revs girls along with Kaleigh, Rachel, and Katie just took the class for fun. :)

Edited by dalgal214
15 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

Kathy D's boyfriend... where do you start.. the hair, the sunglasses... or fact her calls himself Dr Mike Ross dds on his personal Instagram?!?! Reminds me of The Hangover where he insisted on calling himself a doctor 

Bahahahaha. This dude makes me laugh. He strikes me as the type of guy who is totally in love with himself.

Kathryn needs to grow thicker skin and stop being such a big baby on social media. With all the self promotion she does..... Seriously. Get over yourself.

• Love 1

If she can't handle the so-called negativity on social media, I really wonder how she made it this long in the public eye.  She can control only so much about how she is perceived by the public and these social media tirades, if they can be called that, aren't helping her in certain circles.  At least, she hasn't gotten to Vivian-level of public craziness.  Yet.

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't know, for some reason I just don't see enough pop out of Kat, particularly for the kind of aggressive style basketball cheerleaders do. Just my opinion. Still rooting for her though!

Edited by SanLynn
  • Love 2

No I agree, I'm guessing Kat was cut from DCC because she's still lacking power even after a year - but I still think she looks good. Better than the girl next to her anyway lol  

I kinda think because like Schmat Schmunn and Emily and Hunter made Mavs but didn't make DCC, but Kat made DCC.. By that logic she'd be good enough for Mavs? 

If she does make it, i bet we'll see her way more on appearances than dancing throughout the year 

• Love 1
(edited)
11 minutes ago, JC123 said:

No I agree, I'm guessing Kat was cut from DCC because she's still lacking power even after a year - but I still think she looks good. Better than the girl next to her anyway lol  

I kinda think because like Schmat Schmunn and Emily and Hunter made Mavs but didn't make DCC, but Kat made DCC.. By that logic she'd be good enough for Mavs? 

If she does make it, i bet we'll see her way more on appearances than dancing throughout the year 

I think that would be pretty embarrassing to be honest.  I mean, it is a dance team she is trying out for.  Being picked to be on the team but not good enough to actually dance on a regular basis?  At least I would be embarrassed.

Edited by ChlcGirl
  • Love 1
(edited)
On July 9, 2016 at 4:12 PM, ChlcGirl said:

I think that would be pretty embarrassing to be honest.  I mean, it is a dance team she is trying out for.  Being picked to be on the team but not good enough to actually dance on a regular basis?  At least I would be embarrassed.

Edited by 2134.dancer
  • Love 2
(edited)

@ChlcGirl yeah a million percent. Imagine watching all your 'sisters' dance without you on the court all year while you're just aimlessly wandering round the arena lol 

Edited by JC123
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, 2134.dancer said:

Well they need a new Kathryn. Someone desperate who isn't the best dancer to do all their media and appearances so the actual sanders can do their job. 

Daaaayum lady, that is harsh!  And yet entirely true and exactly what was in my head :D

• Love 1

I think Kat is a really good dancer and much better than The One of Whom We Do Not Speak. Not even on the same page. 

Kat has great technique, fluidity, extensions, placement, artistry, etc, but just doesn't pop hard. The Other One was just a weak dancer - poor skills and showmanship. Both are very articulate and neither came off as desperate to me.

• Love 3

finalists for Mavs have been announced! I can see Kat

from DCC tryouts, Emma, Kylee, the one finalist with short hair (gah can't remember her name!!) Brittany I think?, Jourdyn, Shelbi, Whitney (YAYAYAYA), Miranda Tims, Celinda

AAIA Raven is also pictured on the bottom row

I see Kelly Hoover is pictured. I'm almost positive I can see Madison Nicole. Both have posted multiple prep videos on Instagram