Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

10 minutes east, west and south of where I live you'll be in the sea ? An hour north and you're in sunny London taaaaaan! (FYI That's how Londoners say town ?) 

lol I live on the shoreline of Connecticut but our beaches are nothing to talk about, that's why we all go to Rhode Island.

1 hour ago, JC123 said:

10 minutes east, west and south of where I live you'll be in the sea ? An hour north and you're in sunny London taaaaaan! (FYI That's how Londoners say town ?) 

Norf Lundun girl here lol!

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, SopranoKris said:

I'm in the middle of the "mitten" of Michigan.  Surrounded by Great Lakes on 3 sides :)

Nice! I'm on the West side of the state myself, if I go 10 minutes further west I'll be in Lake Michigan.

Edited by SanLynn
  • Love 1

So the DD, a huge DCC and MTT fan, is now on her college dance team, less than half an hour from Frisco. She's taken a class or two with Michelle Keys, though just for fun, not as prep. Makes me wonder if she has a secret plan. She'll be getting her Lucchese boots this summer, so let's hope she rocks them!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, BritFan said:

That was really interesting, as a Brit I don't really get to see what a game is like. So much spectacle! I couldn't really see the point of the guys waving the little towels about.. they get paid for that? To watch the game from so close and wave a little towel thing? 

Loved how the flags shoot sparks! 

You certainly don't get all this in a UK 'soccer' match lol!

Tell me about it! The nearest thing we have to cheerleaders are Crystal Palaces "The Crystals" have you seen them?! They're TERRIBLE ?

I love how everything in America is such a show! So much fun!  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, JC123 said:

Tell me about it! The nearest thing we have to cheerleaders are Crystal Palaces "The Crystals" have you seen them?! They're TERRIBLE ?

I love how everything in America is such a show! So much fun!  

I don't usually comment about peoples looks because I think everyone sees beauty in different things.. But a lot of The Crystals are not lookers lmao!! ?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, BritFan said:

You certainly don't get all this in a UK 'soccer' match lol!

You should see what we Americans do during a European football match over here!! I've been to 4 or 5 and we looooooove to make a spectacle during any sporting event lol

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, BritFan said:

I don't usually comment about peoples looks because I think everyone sees beauty in different things.. But a lot of The Crystals are not lookers lmao!! ?

I've never seen the Crystals, but they do have an eagle too, yeah??  Much more impressive ?

(edited)

I live in Plano now, but I've lived in Uptown, Richardson, Addison and Fort Worth. I can't imagine the fresh hell of driving from Frisco to the stadium for MNF! No thanks. Ladies with regular 8-5 jobs would need to take PTO fo sho. I have successfully taken a $50 Uber to the stadium from Frisco when it was off hours (concert, not football) but I would allow myself at least an hour if I had to be there for a show and two hours if I was making sure I was on time DCC style for practice. Going north during rush hour in Dallas is horrific, and unless you're on 75 or getting swallowed by potholes on 35, you're paying a ton of money for the pleasure.  

There's a lot I don't get about how we do our stadiums and sport facilities here in Dallas, but Jerry Jones didn't ask me. I lived in Seattle for three years and went to several football and baseball games a year. Football because I love it, baseball because I like being outside with beer. Public transit made going a breeze in Seattle, but none of the DFW public transit goes to the Arlington stadiums. It's ridiculous. 

I get tha Arlington is central to DFW, but the growth is all in Frisco/Plano population wise, which is a north suburb of Dallas. I would love to go to more sporting events here but with transit time it's tough. 

Edited by kalibean

Hi, I'm another English fan of DCC Making the Team, from North West England, I've been lurking a while but thought I should introduce myself before I start postiing. Look forward to chatting to y'all!

• Love 5

Hi,

I have followed this site and love reading every ones opinions. Being based in the UK I have to rely on you tube to watch the most recent seasons.

I notice for those other UK readers that Season 3 is being shown on ITVBe from 6th June at 2pm. I believe this is the season when Casssie Trammell first started.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Londongirl55 said:

Hi,

I have followed this site and love reading every ones opinions. Being based in the UK I have to rely on you tube to watch the most recent seasons.

I notice for those other UK readers that Season 3 is being shown on ITVBe from 6th June at 2pm. I believe this is the season when Casssie Trammell first started.

I'd love to watch Season 3--what year's team would that be?  And what is ITVBe?  On another note, I just love most British TV on netflix--especially Doc Martin!

• Love 2

Love ITVBe and glad to hear they are airing the show again! I remember when they said they had no future plans to air it again so glad that has changed as I believe they are the only UK tv channel to ever air the show? Correct me if I'm wrong!

5 hours ago, Londongirl55 said:

Hi,

Woot! Woot!

20 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Wow, tastes really are different, I don't see one unattractive girl in that picture.

The pictures I saw with them all pouting were not good lol! I'm not sure about the legwarmers though!

Lol it's not that they're ugly, it's that they're terrible dancers hahah look on the Instagram ? For the only UK football cheerleaders I just think they're a bit embarrassing lol 

• Love 1

They're physically not bad, but the dancing...its lazy half stepping. Like when you're going over memory for a dance and "mini motion" so you can concentrate on what the actual movement is when you go out and perform later. They're definitely not giving 100%, performing, or even all together and clean. Bless their hearts.

• Love 2
(edited)

None of them are unnattractive per se, but there's a lot of very dated hairstyling going on, and the ones that aren't smiling are cracking me up. The darker skinned curly haired girl in the back row is practically scowling.

The dance vids aren't great. They definitely don't seem to have a lot of fire.

Edited by Oranaiche

Crystal Palace's cheerleaders, "The Crystals"

As far as I know, the only cheerleaders in the UK (they're not well known. At all). 

We've gone SO off topic lol 

13 hours ago, JC123 said:

Lol it's not that they're ugly, it's that they're terrible dancers hahah look on the Instagram ? For the only UK football cheerleaders I just think they're a bit embarrassing lol 

Looks like they're in slow motion or just low on energy.

Hello! I'm hoping I can get some help from any Austin residents! My husband and kids (7 and 14 yr old) will be traveling to Austin in a couple of weeks, and I'm hoping to get some tips about getting around the city. We're going for a competition and will be at the convention center, but staying at a hotel off of NI 35. Would we be able to travel around Austin without renting a car? I did see there is a transit system, and am hoping we can rely on that to save on car rental. We haven't planned any site seeing visits yet. Thank you in advance! Any other tips and suggestions for our visit are greatly welcomed.

God Speed Toby. I went to Austin in early September last year (first time there) and like to have died from the humidity. The first night, there, I took a 15 minute walk to get some dinner and had visible sweat marks on my shirt by the time I got to the restaurant. I really hate sitting around in sweaty clothes and feeling stinky, so I would never go there in summer without a car. I never tried public transit, so I can't speak about that, but it's an easy city to drive around, and a very easy drive from the airport.

:) I am so happy ITVBe are showing MTT again. Another Londoner here, from south of the river :) have a great week everybody, not long for another NFL season and another lovely DCC team. 

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, George199 said:

:) I am so happy ITVBe are showing MTT again. Another Londoner here, from south of the river :) have a great week everybody, not long for another NFL season and another lovely DCC team. 

A Saaf Londoner! I'm a Norf Londoner!

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I also love love love the traditional English breakfast with my over easy eggs, baked beans, grilled tomatoes, and rashers...groan!

And of course, my beloved bangers and mash!  And the Indian food there is amazing!!

If you ever need something sent from the UK .. not baked beans .. I ain't gonna post you a baked bean.. but anything that will withstand the postal service, just squeak!

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, BritFan said:

If you ever need something sent from the UK .. not baked beans .. I ain't gonna post you a baked bean.. but anything that will withstand the postal service, just squeak!

Thanks BritFan!  I also love your bookstores there - everytime I go, I go to the bookstore (now I can't remember the name but it's everywhere ..is it WH Smith??) and buy a bunch of paperbacks to take home. They're always have a buy Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale.  I love authors like Marian Keyes and Jane Green. Of course I got my Dragon Tattoo novels there; they came out in paperback way before they did in the States! And the covers are so much nicer than that of the States.

I love the U.S. but sometimes I feel like I was meant to be British lol

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, BritFan said:

Careful with this or I'll try to make you my source for Sleek palettes!

• Love 2

Yeah the Indian food here.. You just can't compete! Except maybe in India hahah 

@tobeyoungagain the grass is always greener, right?! ? 

Sooooo guys I found out I'm invited to Texas next year! My friend is getting married to a girl from Rockport(I think that's what it's called).. IM SO EXCITED OMG 

Since we're talking English food.  What I miss: Bulmer and those nasty sausage rolls for sale in the Undergound stations.  English sausage is so much more delicious than American sausage.

• Love 2

No lie: I have DREAMED of those sausage rolls.  I've actually looked into ordering them from the UK and having them shipped over.

I've had Pimms.  And (unfortunately) a pea and mint flavored vodka.

• Love 1