Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

Just now, tobeyoungagain said:

what do you mean?  how do you know?  I wonder if they cruise this board... poor shelbi

She liked two of my instagram photos lol I found that really weird.

On 4/29/2016 at 10:15 PM, DanceChick said:

I'm doing Beachbody workouts (Piyo and 21 Day Fix) along with Shakeology. I've lost 15 pounds pretty easily.

I'm starting PiYo on Monday next week.  Can't wait to get started.  I'm making hubby do it with me :)

3 minutes ago, SopranoKris said:

I'm starting PiYo on Monday next week.  Can't wait to get started.  I'm making hubby do it with me :)

Friend is starting 21 Fix next week... I may attempt a modified Whole30 but it's gonna be hard!  I just lack willpower sigh

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

She liked two of my instagram photos lol I found that really weird.

Have you liked or commented on any of her posts? She did the same to me when I commented on hers. I always think that is kind of sweet when they do that! 

I liked probably her last three posts. Aw that's cute, she seems really nice. I've been rooting for her since the beginning.

Just now, heatherrrrz said:

I liked probably her last three posts. Aw that's cute, she seems really nice. I've been rooting for her since the beginning.

I really hope Kelsey gets a chance to go to TC.  It's hard to interview when you're nervous and cameras are on you.  Especially when you're young.  She's absolutely gorgeous and dances well.  I'd love to see her at least get a shot at TC.  I'm hoping she might be able to get the fan vote :)

• Love 1

We should all pull for her for the fanvote, just vote for Kelsey lol. I think we're all rooting for her actually.

OK not sure if this topic was banned or not, but there is a tweet from Sam which has a picture of her and underneath it says Texas A&M University, Biomed.

I guess despite what Kelli tweeted and despite the big whoopla about doing Ivy League tour and getting accepted into Columbia, she's going to Texas A&M.  So weird! She spent so much time going on and on about being accepted into Columbia and deciding which Ivy to go to and her friends were tweeting about how she's going to Ivy ...and now this?  A bit disappointing and confusing.

Texas A&M isn't a bad school ... it just feels anticlimactic given all the publicity and claims re: ivy leagues

Eh, a lot of kids have huge dreams of going to study in Paris or join Peacecorps or whatever, and have the creds to do it, then right before graduation reality sets in and they aren't quite ready to venture so far from home. Sam will be fine. Texas A&M is a good school.

As for biomed as a major, half the freshman class of a lot of schools is some sort of premed or something glam like broadcasting or sports marketing. Then they're weeded out into something easier or more realistic. Sam is smart. She probably won't be weeded academically, but who knows. Either way, she'll be fine.

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 5:02 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

Eh, a lot of kids have huge dreams of going to study in Paris or join Peacecorps or whatever, and have the creds to do it, then right before graduation reality sets in and they aren't quite ready to venture so far from home. Sam will be fine. Texas A&M is a good school.

As for biomed as a major, half the freshman class of a lot of schools is some sort of premed or something glam like broadcasting or sports marketing. Then they're weeded out into something easier or more realistic. Sam is smart. She probably won't be weeded academically, but who knows. Either way, she'll be fine.

Yeah agree ... my pre-med class started with over 100 people and by graduation, only 38 completed all requirements with passing grade.  It's a "sexy" major because it is interesting and you "sound" smart but when push comes to shove, a lot of people decide it's not for them.  This comment isn't specific to Sam but about the major / declaration overall.  At end of the day, you just don't know enough to declare a major before you even get to college.  Not sure why they still have kids do that ....

3 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Speaking of Sam, I came across her youtube channel last night. It's mostly beauty and make up...

she has one?  interesting!  I wouldn't have thought of her as a beauty and make-up artist / expert. 

I've been reading this board for a few months (and watching the show for years) in anticipation of my daughter trying out for DCC this season. Someone posted that they wanted an inside view of the audition process, which I will be happy to report. There may be questions I have along the way, so I hope to get some help too! We are not from Texas, so won't be doing prep classes and don't have an 'inside' track, but hope that she can make her way thru the process. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, winenotwhine said:

I've been reading this board for a few months (and watching the show for years) in anticipation of my daughter trying out for DCC this season. Someone posted that they wanted an inside view of the audition process, which I will be happy to report. There may be questions I have along the way, so I hope to get some help too! We are not from Texas, so won't be doing prep classes and don't have an 'inside' track, but hope that she can make her way thru the process. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Oh yes please keep us updated!!! We would all love to hear her journey!

15 minutes ago, winenotwhine said:

ahh! so exciting!!! can't wait to hear how it goes for her :) Hopefully she has been studying current events, NFL stuff and Cowboys info in anticipation for interviews...I think I'd be hardcore into that even if I wasn't sure I'd make it to that round lol Just so much to know! 

34 minutes ago, winenotwhine said:

Oh wow!! Best of luck to your daughter and you, I'm sure everyone on here will be rooting for her the whole way!! -Best wishes from mid Missouri-

Oh yes, she's been studying - flashcards and everything! Doesn't want to be the '50 yrd girl'. She loves football and attended the NFL draft this year :) Her prelim and solo dances are done, along with the addition outfits. She comes from a very technical dance background, and has done multiple styles but in the spirit of anonymity I don't want to say more :P She is beyond excited (as is her mom)!

• Love 2
9 hours ago, winenotwhine said:

Oh yes, she's been studying - flashcards and everything! Doesn't want to be the '50 yrd girl'. She loves football and attended the NFL draft this year :) Her prelim and solo dances are done, along with the addition outfits. She comes from a very technical dance background, and has done multiple styles but in the spirit of anonymity I don't want to say more :P She is beyond excited (as is her mom)!

Sounds like she is pretty set then!! I'm excited for her!! 

I'm so excited that we'll have an insider in auditions, can't wait to see what happens. I'm hoping she gets through to training camp.

14 hours ago, winenotwhine said:

Wow!  Good luck to her! I hope they show her on tv and makes it to camp so we can get the scoop :)

Wow!  Good luck to her! I hope they show her on tv and makes it to camp so we can get the scoop :)

If her daughter auditions and makes it to TC, it would be extremely wise of the mother to button up and not say anything else in this forum from that point forward. If her mother accidentally reveals something that she shouldn't, or says something that could be misinterpreted or misunderstood by the DCC organization, she could jeopardize her daughter's opportunity. As much as we'd like the inside dish, she's better off keeping quiet.

• Love 2

Thank you for the wise words sleepyjean :) My idea was to give info on the audition process in more general terms and some behind-the-scenes stuff that may not be seen on TV, and not to provide negative or snarky comments about the DCC hopefuls or negatively affect my daughter. They've all worked hard to prepare for the auditions, and someone else's daughter may be reading this. I know I may read comments about my daughter, but I'm prepared for that. If there is a nondisclosure statement ( as I'm fairly certain there is) I would be up front about what could be shared and after reading this board, I think there are some folks on here with some insider info.

I just thought it would be nice for future hopefuls to know more of the process other than what is shown on MTT.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, winenotwhine said:

Thank you for the wise words sleepyjean :) My idea was to give info on the audition process in more general terms and some behind-the-scenes stuff that may not be seen on TV, and not to provide negative or snarky comments about the DCC hopefuls or negatively affect my daughter. They've all worked hard to prepare for the auditions, and someone else's daughter may be reading this. I know I may read comments about my daughter, but I'm prepared for that. If there is a nondisclosure statement ( as I'm fairly certain there is) I would be up front about what could be shared and after reading this board, I think there are some folks on here with some insider info.

I just thought it would be nice for future hopefuls to know more of the process other than what is shown on MTT.

Yeah, I personally would not even care to know info about other girls, the stuff I am just curious about is like, how many nights a week do Kelli and Judy actually show up? Do they work out regularly with Jay still? Do they still randomly get quizzed on NFL facts, etc.? 

Oh I know you have completely innocent motives. But sooner or later, everyone who posts on social media has something they posted completely in innocence taken completely the wrong way. I'm showing my cynicism, but it just seems to me like when the girls get to TC, Kelli and Judy are looking for reasons to thin the herd. It doesn't take much. The gums you've been showing for weeks are now too much, the legs that haven't grown in weeks are now too short. All of a sudden, they just aren't feeling you anymore. And Kelli, once she turns on you, it's over. There's no explaining what you meant and how they misunderstood. If your daughter is spectacular, she's golden. But if she's merely "great," in a crowd of "great," having a mom who talks on social media could be a liability. Even if the mom never says anything negative. The potential is there. Maybe they don't want everyone knowing that Kelli isn't there every night, or that the girls have to turn in their sneakers when they're dismissed from camp, or whatever it may be.

That is, if they can figure out which one is your daughter ;-)

I just wouldn't risk it at all. There's too much at stake. But like I said, I'm cynical.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, winenotwhine said:

Oh, absolutely! We'd all love to hear the inside scoop, but anything 'juicy' won't be able to be discussed. I'd love to know if Judy actually gets up and demonstrates anything, or if she even does more than arrange combos and stage things.

On 4/29/2016 at 9:15 PM, DanceChick said:

I'm doing Beachbody workouts (Piyo and 21 Day Fix) along with Shakeology. I've lost 15 pounds pretty easily.

I'm doing T25 (on Alpha now), and when I've completed Beta I am going to buy Cize, so Shawn can teach me to dance. I'm 64 years old and love to dance a little when we go to stores that are playing good songs. It embarrasses the heck out of my daughter :) . My favorite dance stores are Lowe's, IKEA, and Walgreens.  

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Dopeydwarf said:

I'm doing T25 (on Alpha now), and when I've completed Beta I am going to buy Cize, so Shawn can teach me to dance. I'm 64 years old and love to dance a little when we go to stores that are playing good songs. It embarrasses the heck out of my daughter :) . My favorite dance stores are Lowe's, IKEA, and Walgreens.  

You should look up ClubFitz on youtube. Waaaaay better than Shaun T!

• Love 1

Seattle Seahawks Ricardo Lockette announced his NFL retirement today...due to the neck injury he sustained during last season’s game against the Cowboys.  Jeff Heath was the player who he collided with/struck him/whatever happened.  He is 29 years old.  Sad.

• Love 2

Jeff aka Paige's bf lol. Jeff made a clean, very hard hit on Lockette who took it hard. It was a freak accident, they were both playing hard.

13 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Jeff aka Paige's bf lol. Jeff made a clean, very hard hit on Lockette who took it hard. It was a freak accident, they were both playing hard.

wow .. I wonder if he feels guilty.  I mean, it's technically not his "fault" as everyone takes on the risk when playing a contact sport but as a human being, we tend to usually feel bad or some remorse if our actions intentionally / unintentionally causes someone else pain (or in this case, ends their career so abruptly)

• Love 1
Just now, tobeyoungagain said:

wow .. I wonder if he feels guilty.  I mean, it's technically not his "fault" as everyone takes on the risk when playing a contact sport but as a human being, we tend to usually feel bad or some remorse if our actions intentionally / unintentionally causes someone else pain (or in this case, ends their career so abruptly)

He felt guilty the moment it happened he said, no doubt he probably feels more guilty now.

On 13 May 2016 at 8:38 PM, BritFan said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Chargers/status/718570459835412480/photo/1

So someone mentioned on one of the other topics that TCC Rose was now a Charger girl.. I liked Rose so I googled them and found this pic.

I really hate how it looks like they are basically wearing underwear. Lots of the tops just look like bras. ?

Woweee that's tooooo far. Theyre such pretty girls but dancing around in basically underwear is only ever going to look trashy.. I know it might be a regional thing but still. At least the DCC are covered up a little more than that lol.

I liked Rose too! She seemed so nice 

(edited)

OMG - I am listening to an interview with Mike Judge (creator of Beavis & Butthead) on Howard Stern.  Howard is asking him all about how he created the characters (fascinating story by the way) and here’s what he said on coming up with the famous obnoxious laugh for Beavis: a guy in a calculus class laugh like that at the teacher (there were no hot teachers in the math dept. at UT Dallas apparently) who came in midway through the school year...she was a former Dallas Cowboys cheerleader. These were all science geeks and they were over the moon that a gorgeous woman was their teacher.  I wonder who it was?

Edited by caligirl50

Talking about Texas and how big the state is. Boasting here because Montana is the fourth largest state. Western Montana and Eastern Montana feels like two different states. I have some interesting family history in the Eastern side of the state. I do love seeing the farm land and open spaces, but I do love being able to look outside and see the beautiful mountains. The drive between Helena and Great Falls is amazing because of the Missouri River and the canyon areas.

I responded to Sydney about the whole shirt debacle and she just liked the post lol okay. 

My state is so small it only takes like two hours to leave either side. An hour east from where I live and you'll be in Rhode Island, an hour to an hour and a half north you'll be in Mass, and like 2 hours and you'll be in NYC.