Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

58 minutes ago, Kamal said:

non American here.

Is the term "Galentines" a new thing ?

Or has italways been a thing and I just missed it till this year?

Saw a lot of girls posting about it on Valentines.

I think it's origin is "Parks And Recreation" TV program. 2010

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Harrythecat said:

Charlotte now goes by Charlotte Jones and not Charlotte Anderson Jones.  Shy her husband is no where to be seen on IG.  She has another man, Arie, who is tagged on her IG and appears to have been her date to SB

Charlotte and shy are divorced 

None of the current girls have posted anything about Ukraine on social media right?

Not that I think they should (or shouldn't) post things, but just checking.

Saw Alora Rose reposting posts and made me wonder.

Edited by Kamal
  • Love 1

If you go to the knot for Kristin’s wedding just click on the guest list..it shows VK wasn’t on the list. Meredith wasn’t either.  

Is this a thing now, posting your wedding guest list publicly?  I’ve never heard such but then I’ve been married for awhile.  I would think that could make things awkward. 

• Love 5

I’ve made comments critical of the Cowboys organization, particularly of how the DCC have been treated. I’m no fan of Jerry Jones as an owner nor as a GM. Charlotte doesn’t work for me as a woman working in the NFL.  I’m not even a Cowboys fan, my team is the 🖤Cincinnati Bengals🧡 

Having said ALL of that:  if I, for some (bizarre) reason, moved back to Dallas/DFW metro, and read that the organization is putting together a squad made up of folks 50 and over for game day and public appearances, I. Am. So. 
In🙋🏾‍♀️I would go to a prep class.  I would show up on audition day looking for Mr. Phil early and ready.  I am a total fan of the Best of the Best and have been since I saw the squad on The Love Boat as a little girl. I haven’t “drunk the Kool-Aid”, I always want to be apart of the best.  In the meantime, I’ll just read and share. 

• Love 6
On 4/22/2022 at 8:33 PM, WenD08 said:

Having said ALL of that:  if I, for some (bizarre) reason, moved back to Dallas/DFW metro, and read that the organization is putting together a squad made up of folks 50 and over for game day and public appearances, I. Am. So. 
In🙋🏾‍♀️I would go to a prep class.  I would show up on audition day looking for Mr. Phil early and ready.  I am a total fan of the Best of the Best and have been since I saw the squad on The Love Boat as a little girl. I haven’t “drunk the Kool-Aid”, I always want to be apart of the best.  In the meantime, I’ll just read and share. 

Our NBA team,  The Milwaukee Bucks has a dance team for 55 and older called The Grand Dancers. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7

I’ve made comments critical of the Cowboys organization, particularly of how the DCC have been treated. I’m no fan of Jerry Jones as an owner nor as a GM. Charlotte doesn’t work for me as a woman working in the NFL.  I’m not even a Cowboys fan, my team is the 🖤Cincinnati Bengals🧡 

If I was in Milwaukee and old enough, they’d see me at tryouts.  That seems like a fun outlet for a ham like me.  Not pressure-filled like the other squad, just fun. 

I just read the Primetimer updated "inclusion policy."  It says "posts containing slurs or insensitive language about a (real or fictional) person’s race, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, capacities, age or body type will be removed and the member issued moderation measures, up to and including a ban. "

Can some explain how this relates to this forum and what we are allowed to say/not say about "uniform ready" posts, etc.

• Useful 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I just read the Primetimer updated "inclusion policy."  It says "posts containing slurs or insensitive language about a (real or fictional) person’s race, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, capacities, age or body type will be removed and the member issued moderation measures, up to and including a ban. "

Can some explain how this relates to this forum and what we are allowed to say/not say about "uniform ready" posts, etc.

That’s a good question, especially as that’s a comment used by the very people who hire the dancers! I would like to think the pro dance world is more inclusive like that but it’s not. I do think that when we comment on how someone isn't “uniform ready,” we are usually commenting on someone is smokin’ hot by old school standards but not quite…not QUITE DCC. And we know what that’s means whether we like it or not. We as fans of the show, ex-dancers, etc. have actually been molded by the very judges like those on DCC who have all created these gross, outdated or unrealistic standards. Not gonna lie, I love being a lowkey K&J when I watch the show or IG posts. I also get that our words may be toxic or triggering to those who shouldn’t be reading such commentary but do anyways.

However, I guess you, me and we can try 🫣to move into the right cultural direction by critiquing on just their performance factor and dance technique and biting our tongue/not clicking submit when it comes to comments regarding face, physique, etc. I think if we can rein in political commentary re: the DCC as was done in 2017-2018 we can work on being more inclusive as well. Let the ugly commentary stay on FB. Thoughts? 

Great, A++ MATURE question😉

Edited by Cappuccinagina
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Cappuccinagina said:

I do think that when we comment on how someone isn't “uniform ready,” we are usually commenting on someone is smokin’ hot by old school standards but not quite…not QUITE DCC.

Hopefully a moderator will chime in.  I'm going to be very careful right now!

But I do agree with what you said about TPTB and their comments!  

I think it’s one thing to say someone isn’t uniform ready, or that they appear to be thick or have gained weight vs “OMG look at that fat jiggly belly?!?  She’s such a fat pig!!!”  Some of those types of low quality posts really stick out and don’t meaningfully add to any conversation. 

The fat/pig/lardass side of things would definitely be insensitive under any definition. Ideally we aren’t talking about bodies, but so much of this show truly is the appearance of the squad…just takes some sensitivity and nuance IMO. It’s not kind to point out that someone has gained weight, of course, but can be phrased more nicely. 

• Love 3
On 5/4/2022 at 12:25 AM, kalibean said:

I think it’s one thing to say someone isn’t uniform ready, or that they appear to be thick or have gained weight vs “OMG look at that fat jiggly belly?!?  She’s such a fat pig!!!”  Some of those types of low quality posts really stick out and don’t meaningfully add to any conversation. 

The fat/pig/lardass side of things would definitely be insensitive under any definition. Ideally we aren’t talking about bodies, but so much of this show truly is the appearance of the squad…just takes some sensitivity and nuance IMO. It’s not kind to point out that someone has gained weight, of course, but can be phrased more nicely. 

You phrased this really well! What could be helpful, is thinking about how you’d phrase something when your best friend asks for your honest opinion regarding looks/weight/clothes. You wouldn’t want to hurt her feelings after all, so I guess it’s a good test.

I also fully agree on your remark about looks being so important. In the cheerleading world, good looks, showmanship and dance go hand in hand. So of course we should be able to discuss that. 
I would like to say though, that I generally find the people on this specific forum very considerate and careful when it comes to such matters. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 5/3/2022 at 6:25 PM, kalibean said:

OMG look at that fat jiggly belly?!?

Like what Kelli does to those round 1 women? Or the obligatory "veterans who gained weight" segment when they do close-ups on the jumbo screen? 😂

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CduFDqgDAAt/?igshid=NmZiMzY2Mjc=
 Video from broncos cheerleaders swimsuit shoot in Mexico Lily is in the video 

I like the variety of the suits as several are very flattering for any body shape, the girls look sexy as hell and there's several one-piece suits as well.  There are several I would love to get for myself (though I wouldn't look nearly as good in them).  I've not been impressed with the suits that are chosen for the DCC are so skimpy they look like handkerchiefs tied together with dental floss and that's being generous in some cases.  I know the swimsuits calendars are aimed more towards certain populations, but they've seemed to be . . . cheap and more down-market then they used to be.  The girls themselves are in no way cheap, trashy, tacky or anything else.  I leave that kind of things to the people who aim that direction instead of classy sexy.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I like the variety of the suits as several are very flattering for any body shape, the girls look sexy as hell and there's several one-piece suits as well.  There are several I would love to get for myself (though I wouldn't look nearly as good in them).  I've not been impressed with the suits that are chosen for the DCC are so skimpy they look like handkerchiefs tied together with dental floss and that's being generous in some cases.  I know the swimsuits calendars are aimed more towards certain populations, but they've seemed to be . . . cheap and more down-market then they used to be.  The girls themselves are in no way cheap, trashy, tacky or anything else.  I leave that kind of things to the people who aim that direction instead of classy sexy.

There is one suit one of the ladies is wearing they posted the picture on their dbc site and if I was her I would be upset 

9 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Well, I can say that I just got back from the beach and in general women are wearing more modest suits.  Obviously at this time of year there were not a ton of teens, but there were some.  Suits covered a little more and were more athletic with less thin straps.  Oh, and if you don't have a Bogg bag, you just aren't anything.  (I do not have a Bogg bag :)).

(edited)
19 hours ago, Opine said:

Well, I can say that I just got back from the beach and in general women are wearing more modest suits.  Obviously at this time of year there were not a ton of teens, but there were some.  Suits covered a little more and were more athletic with less thin straps.  Oh, and if you don't have a Bogg bag, you just aren't anything.  (I do not have a Bogg bag :)).

Not only do I not have a Bogg bag, I had to google it to find out what it is. I would say, in my defense, I live nowhere near a beach -- but even if I did, I doubt I would have known what it was much less owned one.

When I saw them, I did think, "hmm, that might be nice for gardening tools" -- until I saw the price -- my old garbage can will continue to do the job.

Just call me nothing, old, unstylish, & cheap. 😁

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 4

The girls looked great in their suits which were flattering but didn’t need the sexy crawling out of the water look or pulling on their bottoms or clutching the top with the straps untied. Much more classy suits than DCC.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/20/2022 at 2:19 AM, hannahbanana said:

Not only do I not have a Bogg bag, I had to google it to find out what it is. I would say, in my defense, I live nowhere near a beach -- but even if I did, I doubt I would have known what it was much less owned one.

When I saw them, I did think, "hmm, that might be nice for gardening tools" -- until I saw the price -- my old garbage can will continue to do the job.

Just call me nothing, old, unstylish, & cheap. 😁

Me, too Hannahbanana!  They actually have quite serviceable knock-offs available for reasonable prices.  

Edited by Opine
On 5/17/2022 at 3:57 PM, ByTor said:

Like what Kelli does to those round 1 women? Or the obligatory "veterans who gained weight" segment when they do close-ups on the jumbo screen? 😂

I remember some of the ones who are trying out as a bucket list thing, not a real audition, and I know they showed the same women several years in a row, at the old stadium.  With the same nasty remarks. 

• Love 2

As an foreigner I have been ignorant about this tragic news thinking "oh another shooting in the US" but reading the stories of the police doing NOTHING but stoping the parents from entering the school is just so awful....

I'm sure the Japanese police wouldn't have done a better job but we also don't have school shooting here so...

This and the abortion laws is the reason why I don't want to live in the US.

Seems like Lacey has been getting some side-eye from reddit from her post on Instagram.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Seems like Madeline, Erin and Caroline and several others are at every wedding or a bridesmaid.   Wonder how much they spend on wedding related stuff alone.  Love weddings but haven’t been to that many.  Looks like so much fun though.  

Edited by GonnahearmeRoar
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

https://youtu.be/LprQVroEKEc

full video of thunder at Taylor’s wedding 

It was nice to see Hannah participating. It looks like some of Taylor's rookie sisters weren't there - Alanna, Brennan, Brianna, Cianna, Gabby ?
I am surprised about Alanna since Taylor was just at her wedding.

Edited by StellaCL
added Brennan
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, StellaCL said:

It was nice to see Hannah participating. It looks like some of Taylor's rookie sisters weren't there - Alanna, Brennan, Brianna, Cianna, Gabby ?

Maybe cause it was in Mexico im sure they were invited maybe it wasn’t in the budget for them 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Hasn't Alanna only just come back from a cruise around Europe? Those things aren't cheap!

I'm not a fan of destination weddings personally, especially given the rise in the cost of living right now!

• Love 1
On 5/30/2022 at 4:11 PM, Holly85 said:

https://youtu.be/LprQVroEKEc

full video of thunder at Taylor’s wedding 

Madeline looked awesome and sooooo pretty next to Taylor! I never really notice her bc she's not close to the front. Taylor looked beautiful and Bridget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 3
15 hours ago, TB12 said:

Madeline looked awesome and sooooo pretty next to Taylor! I never really notice her bc she's not close to the front. Taylor looked beautiful and Bridget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember someone joking that if you don't get point you can be point on your wedding, but I was thinking about how Madeline got a little of "her moment" next to Taylor.

Madeline was the the biggest blender last season and Taylors wedding was actually the first time she stood out.

Well Erin too but Erin will have her own wedding so she'll get to be point.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I was a big fan of Ashley N as a DCC! She didn't get a lot of screen time talking on the show, but her dancing and performance always caught my eye. She was one I had hoped would get 2GL and GL who never did. 

On 5/18/2022 at 8:05 PM, Holly85 said:

Lily is in this near the end and look so happy and relaxed in a way I pretty much never saw on the show. I think she appears to be shining on the Broncos team because she is more comfortable and that lets her perform and not be so stiff. I think the pressure she felt from K & J and/or part of the DCC environment was stressful and not positive for her and that showed in her DCC performance. I do not think it was her teammates who all appeared to support her and adore her that made up the negativity that strained Lily--I put most of that on Kelli and Judy. Or at least, the pressure Lily perceived was coming from them.

• Like 1