Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 07/11/2016

Jaded
  • Start Topic

My father took me to vote the first time. I asked him who I should vote for. He told me I didn't need to know all that, just pull the Democrat lever. That's how old I am, they had a lever. Lol. But I appreciate that he taught me the importance of exercising my right to vote.  A right that was denied to him for a long time.

• Love 6
(edited)

GHScorpiosRule wrote - "sadly, there are some who are" (Bernie supporters who claim they will vote for Trump) But from what I've seen, it's fewer than 10%, so that's encouraging at least.

Proud of Joy for standing strong against  Raven's and Jedi's third party nonsense.  Raven doesn't know enough to know she doesn't know but Jedi might have ulterior motives i.e., a vote for a third party candidate is a vote for Trump in essence.

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Proud of Joy for standing strong against  Raven's and Jedi's third party nonsense.  Raven doesn't know enough to know she doesn't know but Jedi might have ulterior motives i.e., a vote for a third party candidate is a vote for Trump in essence.

Hopefully Gary Johnson will appeal to some Republicans who don't like Trump.  Jedidiah says she's a Libertarian and likes Johnson's views. (No pun intended)

• Love 3
2 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Seems that's always the case with her and Paula. I'd say the same for Candace, but I don't think she has that much depth.

• Love 3
(edited)

Oh My Gravy Miss Whoopi. "Men also have boobs" in response to Max's comment that women have boobs for a reason. How in the world does that make sense to you??? You're a dimwit.

BTW I'm totally sympathetic to Sara. Breastfeeding can be difficult and isolating, and if the time comes when it's just too much you should be able to give it up guilt free.

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 7

I'm not sure it was a good idea for Sara to talk so candidly about her issues with her husband on national tv.  I feel her pain (having gone thru this too) but if she needs to vent or is seeking advice she should stick to her girlfriends, not coworkers she barely knows.  At least they all seemed sympathetic and encouraged her to do what she thinks is best  I know the guilt  

Leslie Jones was delightful. My jaw dropped too when she said she is 48.

• Love 8
(edited)

Sara always has a negative story about her experiences as a new mommy. I wouldn't be surprised if in a few years she comes out with a book "My Experience with Postpartum Depression."

Edited by Blissfool
  • Love 5

That first segment was awkward. I wonder what the conversation will be like this evening between Sara and her husband. I like Sara (don't get the airhead references), but it wasn't the right place for that conversation. 

I'm wondering what will happen with tomorrow's show. Trump mentioned that his announcement will be at 11 am (part of me thinks he picked that time to piss off the hosts so they would be preempted), so I'm wondering if they'll have a live show or if it will be something previously aired. 

• Love 5

I'm not sure it was a good idea for Sara to talk so candidly about her issues with her husband on national tv.  I feel her pain (having gone thru this too) but if she needs to vent or is seeking advice she should stick to her girlfriends, not coworkers she barely knows.  At least they all seemed sympathetic and encouraged her to do what she thinks is best  I know the guilt  

Leslie Jones was delightful. My jaw dropped too when she said she is 48

I thought the same thing as she was talking about it. I didn't hear the whole conversation, but my take on it was that her husband is a bit dickish and obtuse. Was he frustrated because he couldn't understand why she couldn't nurse as expected? I spent a great deal of my life being open like she is and saying way too much. My husband always says, "A fish dies with an open mouth". I will bet that two hour fight they had the other day will turn into an even bigger one today.

Leslie Jones is fabulous and I was stunned yesterday when I learned she was 48. I thought she was in her twenties. Now I love her even more because I love seeing people bloom in their later years. I am sincerely hoping that will happen for me. She is a new role model for me.

• Love 4

That was either the most candid and brave conversation about marriage I've seen on TV in awhile or it's the end of her marriage.  Maybe both...  I haven't watched the View in awhile, just keep deleting it off the PVR, but I tuned in today for something easy to watch.  Yikes, that was quite the opening.  I do have to say, as a Canadian who had access to  a full year off (and took extra time with each one), it's a lot easier to breastfeed when you're not appearing on TV regularly.  I don't know how these women do it.  On the other hand, yeah, breastfeeding is done by the woman only.  I didn't expect my husband to sit there watching me nurse.  Maybe after he's had his computer break while Sara is feeding, Max could take the baby for a bit and she can have her break?  Team work people!

Oh, and Whoopi, men technically have mammary glands but they'd have to take hormones to make them functional.  Get a clue.

• Love 6
(edited)

I happened to see a few clips of Monday's reaction (and Miss Diamond bless her and her baby) to all the mayhem last week.  Why the hell did they drag Bratton in and compare him to Gholiani and his heinous remarks on Face the Nation and MSNBC last week?  The interview with Diamond was heartbreaking.

Did they hire that ass Jediblahblah?  I can't with this show for the most part but Whoopi and Jediblahblah's back forth today made it to a blog I frequent so YouTube led me to the other clips.  On Monday, Sunny was beautiful and I thought that CCB's me too bullshit was cold and callous.  Joy was also very good on  Monday, Whoopi as was expected was on fire.

I'm sad but not surprised that some of you think that Sara is struggling, I thought that might happen since she was struggling emotionally during her pregnancy.

Edited by NextIteration
because led is not leg.
  • Love 2
(edited)
30 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

I'm wondering what will happen with tomorrow's show. Trump mentioned that his announcement will be at 11 am (part of me thinks he picked that time to piss off the hosts so they would be preempted), so I'm wondering if they'll have a live show or if it will be something previously aired. 

It's being reported in IN that (according to sources) it will be Pence.  As someone who lives in IN I can't be happier... that we will be rid of that jerk.  BAB will be thrilled.

Edited by Haleth
16 minutes ago, Litnit said:

On the other hand, yeah, breastfeeding is done by the woman only.  I didn't expect my husband to sit there watching me nurse.  Maybe after he's had his computer break while Sara is feeding, Max could take the baby for a bit and she can have her break?  Team work people

Yes, very odd indeed that she expects him to sit alongside her as she breastfeeds. So wierd. I thought it was also strange that she compared it with climbing Mt Everest. She feels incompetent and is really struggling.

And Whoopi bringing up the man boobs, shut up! It has nothing to do with the situation. As if HE could breastfeed....eyerollin!

• Love 3

I'm not sure it was a good idea for Sara to talk so candidly about her issues with her husband on national tv.

She has always annoyed me but that was way too much information. It would have been different if there was just a big story about it.

It is going to be a long next season with airhead Sara Haines. I think these types of stories with her will be the norm. Did Jedi even say a word?

• Love 1

I remember (back in the day) that Meredith, for one, was really candid about problems she was having, so this isn't new.  Just sayin'.

I think that poor Sara is in overload & really doesn't know how to handle the "situation".  I really feel for her!!

• Love 11

I like you, leslie jones, but was the whoopi tongue-bath really necessary? Seriously, that is something that could be shared backstage. TPTB and the cohosts know the topics they're going to discuss with each guest, why do they insist on the having the Whoopi-worship in full display? Whoopi COULD be humble and tell TPTB to put a stop to this, but hell hasn't frozen over yet, has it?

• Love 8

Well, dammit, I missed the show again today.  But instead of being glad after reading here (which is my usual feeling), now I wish I HAD watched!  It sounds like Sara delivered a pretty gripping segment, lol. 

I have to wonder what kind of support system Sara has around her in her personal life.   It sounds like she perhaps needs a good crew of girlfriends and sisters to be there for her, both for emotional support and advice.  Because getting that deep on a TV show about something so personal might not be the healthiest or wisest thing.  I mean I can appreciate the "realness" of her comments as described here, and it sounds like good TV.  But it seems like something that make her home life even more challenging.  And what kind of real help did anyone on the panel offer her?  Because it doesn't sound like Whoops was very helpful at all (what a surprise). 

Does anyone know of a clip being posted yet?  I'm curious to see what she said for myself.   I am not really in the pro- or anti-Sara camp, but I am rooting for her with regard to the whole adapting to motherhood/not being able to nurse thing/less than awesome husband thing.  Because I've been there and I know how hard it can be, especially when you don't have a good support system.  You feel like a failure, that people are judging you, and you have nowhere to turn for help.  I wouldn't wish it on anyone. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Hey, hey Paula, Trump didn't just embellish. He lied. Does it all  the  time. He's a pathological liar. Check out Politifact, Factcheck, and Snopes. Now they're your friends, not the folks at Fox. If you're depending on Fox for accurate news, you're being misled. Their motto (should be): "We distort, you're deceived." 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 11
(edited)

Maybe I'm being unfair.  I do get that having a child can be overwhelming and that physically/chemically a new mother's body can work against her as well.  And I do think some of that is Sara's issue.

But I also can't help but get a sense that Sara is one of those people who consider the slightest bit of adversity an emotional set back and struggle.  And that she has to have something that she is struggling with.  She tends to mix in real issues with special snowflake 'whyyyyyyy me' attitude.  Just as some people coughHair&MakeupBurecough have to act like everything is essentially perfect and refuse to look simple wobbles in lie in the eye, Sara seems like one of those people that tries to validate the good in their life by always finding issue with it.  I'm not sure how much awareness is involved in all that (not just the issue today).  I know some people who want appreciation for their struggle and even accolades simply for carrying on.

It makes it hard for me to feel much for her when she couples her struggles with her husband keeping her company while she breast feeds.  My university professor sister loves the down time and if she can't enjoy it, she multi-tasks like grading, proof reading or even just watching the news to catch up.  It also makes me really wonder just how much the husband is not pulling his weight when this is one of her issues.  Maybe instead of treating her like she is the Madonna and her is a shepherd in the stable he really is doing something that she would otherwise have to do.  Or maybe he is doing stuff and thinks that the feeding time is when he can do his stuff.  It also makes me wonder sometimes when candor like this is employed on an issue that is first and foremost between two people, often times the issue is boiling over because the one has not actually addressed even if they think they have.  Sara needs to sit down and do some real talking with hubby and figure out if he truly knows what she is thinking and feeling before she goes on about like today.  He might be an unfeeling ass.  She also might be huge raging ME (she is pursuing a self-focused career after all) with an added dose of post-pregnancy hormones and emotions. 

Edited by tenativelyyours
  • Love 3

Thanks for the clip @Fisher King!  Whoopi  the Great needs to STFU with her lame "advice" on most things but especially when it comes to someone's marriage.  Gah!

5 hours ago, Jpxfactor said:

Miss whoopi. Miss whoopi.  Miss whoopi.  Miss whoopi.  Miss whoopi.  Lol 

Hahahaha!  I had the same thought JPX!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Bmarsh said:

I didn't mind the show it was eh. I didn't like the first segment really it was sooooo long. But I actually loved the After Show! Paula was a surprisingly good moderator. and they didn't talk any politics!

Paula did very well as moderator for After the View. She was also the lead anchor on GMA this past weekend with Dan being on vacation. She is better than Miss Whoopi and just as good as Joy. Not surprised.

• Love 1

I think Sara doesn't have a good support system. Or she is just a needy person. But to put it all out there on national television with Miss Whoopi the marriage expert giving her two cents worth was ridiculous. I cringed listening to it. The same thing when Paula once complained that her husband didn't want to cook. Bitch about it with a girlfriend, relative, whatever, not to the world, especially with Miss Whoopi sitting there thinking she is the all knowing sage of all things.

• Love 5

I kind of think when Paula joined the Sara discussion and said she knows Sara's husband and knows he loves Sara, she was trying to rein Sara in a bit.  It seemed to be a little damage control for when Sara gets home tonight.

• Love 5

I thought for sure today would be much, much worse than it was. When I saw Joy wasn’t there, I was going to turn the channel, but then thought I wouldn’t be able to enjoy the comments here if I did. lol I’m more impressed with Sara Haines now. Amazingly, I think she was the lynchpin that held the show together today, jmo. Her presence kept the Foxbots from tag-teaming on every topic and all of them (including Whoopi) from shouting/screaming. I loved what she said about BlackLivesMatter, how Fox News just dismisses those problems as if they don’t exist—that’s why I cheered at the clip they showed of Hughley. (I’m glad Whoopi didn’t let Jedi have her f-ed up final words on that topic either—but when does Whoopi allow anyone to have the last word on any topic.) There are still others I’d prefer, but I don’t mind Sara at the table. Sara, Joy, and Sunny (on her good days) would be a nice trio.

Paula has used the embellishment excuse for Trump several times before. I’m glad Whoopi wasn’t having it. I liked Sara’s nursing story. Especially when she described her husband saying, “Whatever you want to do, I’ll support you,” I understood from the way she said it how it could be condescending. Hopefully they won’t argue later. lol

Leslie Jones was great. I’m not a Ghostbusters fan, but I plan to see that at some point on Netflix just for her and Melissa McCarthy. I’ve never watched After the View, but I’m not surprised Paula can moderate well. I still would never want her to be in the mod seat though. She's enough to deal with as a regular co-host.

• Love 7

Thanks so much for posting that clip, Fisher King!  Wow, that was the kind of thing I always thought this show should be doing -  TV doesn't get any more "by women, for women" that that. 

However.  

Oh boy, is there gonna be some t-r-o-u-b-l-e in Sara's house tonight, lol.  If just discussing whether she should talk about their situation on the air resulted in a two hour fight, I can't imagine the hell raising that will be going on.  It sounded like Sara's husband Max's overwhelming concern was how he would come off.  Well,  Sara gave me the impression that Max is a real clod. Judgey, shaming, controlling, ignorant, and insensitive.  Just the kind of guy who is going to LOVE Whoopi Goldberg looking into the camera, addressing him by name, and delivering a lecture to him on how to treat his wife.  Poor Sara.  Poor stupid airhead Sara.  Don't let the producers talk you into getting so personal. again.  Not unless you can find a way to describe your situation without making your husband out to be (or should I say "revealing" your husband to be)  a complete asshole.  It was great TV, but it's not worth what is waiting for you at home tonight, girl.   

I don't even know where to begin with what she said about her actual situation.  I sympathize with her predicament re: the breastfeeding.  There is nothing worse for someone who is struggling  with it than to have some jerk imply it's your destiny, duty, and privilege simply because you have breasts. That doesn't mean it's going to be easy.  Breasts don't have a faucet you just turn "on" like her husband seems to think ("can't you just pump more?" ... ugh, what a tool).  But it also sounded like Sara felt lonely and isolated when she breastfeeds because her husband takes to the computer and she is ... left alone?  I get that sitting there trying to make this thing happen can be a drag, but that part did suggest a bit of neediness on her part.   I doubt if she would expect her husband to sit by her and keep her company if she was just giving the baby a bottle of formula. But hey, MAX!  If having your child breastfed means that much to you, maybe you could forego updating your facebook page for a little while just to encourage Sara's efforts, ya know?  

I LOL'd at  Paula trying to do damage control for Sara.  It was a valiant effort, but it was a lost cause. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, tenativelyyours said:

It makes it hard for me to feel much for her when she couples her struggles with her husband keeping her company while she breast feeds.  My university professor sister loves the down time and if she can't enjoy it, she multi-tasks like grading, proof reading or even just watching the news to catch up. 

So much this.  First of all, breastfeeding means you're with your child, not alone.  However, I loved reading, watching TV etc. while nursing.  And as somebody else pointed out, I'm sure bottle feeding doesn't feel less "lonely.  I guess her husband could do it, though.

• Love 1
(edited)

Ya know, I just watched that clip.  I had one child that was a champ and very easy to breastfeed, I had another that never got the latch down and it  was just time to give up or she would not have thrived.  Period.  When I wasn't struggling to get her to latch and have her fuss through a feeding I was pumping and getting no sleep.  The pediatrician was happy that she got the colostrum and said ya know?  You have to do what is best for the whole family and having you exhausted and unable to function is not good for the family.  Best advice I ever got, and she stressed hard that I should not feel guilty.

It seems like every couple years formula gets better and augmented with more things that are like what is in breast milk.  I think that the mommy wars has done terrible things to new mom's esteem.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 11
(edited)

Some afterthoughts: 

- I think Paula learned to use the word "embellish" in her other jobs. I don't recall GMA anchors calling people liars but i can imagine them saying "he embellished the truth." It's just a more professional way of calling people liars.

- I understand being called "sweetie," "honey," etc is offensive; but is it ok for Whoopi to call people "baby"? (Serious question) 

-I'm not surprised Paula is a good moderator. Didn't we all notice this when she moderated earlier in the season while Whoopi was on a lengthy absence? I believe she only did it once or twice and then they switched it to Joy moderating. We assumed whoopi got mad about Paula moderating and preferred for Joy to take over while she was out. 

Edited by Blissfool
  • Love 2
(edited)

But I also can't help but get a sense that Sara is one of those people who consider the slightest bit of adversity an emotional set back and struggle.  And that she has to have something that she is struggling with.  She tends to mix in real issues with special snowflake 'whyyyyyyy me' attitude. 

But it also sounded like Sara felt lonely and isolated when she breastfeeds because her husband takes to the computer and she is ... left alone?

Oh, I think everything with airhead Sara Haines is going to be "why me?" She was upset before that her husband watched some TV show with out her, so I'm sure this put her off the deep end.

I doubt she works 40 hours a week, cooks dinner and cleans the house so she should think about people that have it harder than she does before she cries a river on TV.

She will likely do anything the producers ask her to make sure that she is on next season since Raven and CCB are still around.

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Some afterthoughts: 

- I think Paula learned to use the word "embellish" in her other jobs. I don't recall GMA anchors calling people liars but i can imagine them saying "he embellished the truth." It's just a more professional way of calling people liars.

- I understand being called "sweetie," "honey," etc is offensive; but is it ok for Whoopi to call people "baby"? (Serious question) 

-I'm not surprised Paula is a good moderator. Didn't we all notice this when she moderated earlier in the season while Whoopi was on a lengthy absence? I believe she only did it once or twice and then they switched it to Joy moderating. We assumed whoopi got mad about Paula moderating and preferred for Joy to take over while she was out. 

I' m thinking Brian Lyin' Williams getting to work out his multi-million contract and stroke his ego indecently while on camera over at MSNBC put the word "embellish" firmly in a lot of "I'm putting the 'ME' in media" television 'news' personalities.

• Love 2
(edited)

Oh Jeebus Cripes.  I guess I'm the only one who didn't see Paula's "I know you love your husband, and I know he loves you very much" 'splanation' as her trying to rein Sara in. I saw it as her defending Max, and trying to convince Sara that she should think about how HARD it is for Max. That she should try and understaaand where he is coming from. You know, concede that her husband is right and had a right to say what he did. Because, you know, Paula knows how much Max loves Sara.

That said, I do agree, and I think I mentioned it when Sara first started appearing on this show last year, that there is a neediness to Sara. There are some women who can't breastfeed, and yeah, they have boobs too. If she can't do it, she shouldn't force it, or feel like she's a failure. My best friend tried to, with her first baby; she thought for the first two days, that the baby was getting milk, but nope. dry diaper; poor baby was hungry. So she pumped what she could, but her milk dried up, so she went to formula.

Ahem. Topic?

JediJabatheHUT can just STFU, when she totally deflected and tried to say that Fox isn't a racist network; when you have every.single.host, and anchor either blatantly or passive aggressively trying to "school" the non-viewers how racism doesn't exist because, hey! We voted in a Black President! Or that Black Lives Matter is racist. And a whole host of other shit. But I'll stop here, because, off-topic. I fucking LOVED what D.L. said. Did anyone here watch that interview, and if they did, can they tell me what that fembot said in response to D.L.? 

Yeah, Paula. Pick up a dictionary and learn the difference between Embellish and a flat out fucking LIE. So glad Whoopi wasn't having any of it. And tried to justsify it by saying ABC NEWS reported that there was "one" person asking for a moment of silence; as if that equates or is the same as "many people" or "group" asking for the same thing. Or the "thousands and thousands of Muslims" that that orange Orangutan said he "saw" "celebrating and cheering" on 9/11.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 10

The full video of Megyn Kelly and D.L. is embedded here.  Which was what brought me back for a hot minute to y'all.  If they hired Jediblahblah and have CCB returning, I can assure you I'm out again next season and will only contribute when the show breaks the internet with anything interesting. ;)

• Love 5
3 hours ago, rcc said:

Paula did very well as moderator for After the View. She was also the lead anchor on GMA this past weekend with Dan being on vacation. She is better than Miss Whoopi and just as good as Joy. Not surprised.

Even though many of you do not agree with Paula on politics or how she defends trump and is constantly trying to play the devils advocate. Her and Joy are the best options to moderate. They know that they must leave their loud opinions in the other chair and lead the discussion while they moderate unlike Whoopi who likes the own the convo. 

• Love 9
(edited)
5 hours ago, Blissfool said:

That happened while Joy was out. If I'm remember correctly, Sherri was guest co-hosting in her spot. Joy has always been next in line after Whoopi, thankfully.

4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh Jeebus Cripes.  I guess I'm the only one who didn't see Paula's "I know you love your husband, and I know he loves you very much" 'splanation' as her trying to rein Sara in. I saw it as her defending Max, and trying to convince Sara that she should think about how HARD it is for Max. That she should try and understaaand where he is coming from. You know, concede that her husband is right and had a right to say what he did. Because, you know, Paula knows how much Max loves Sara..

I had the same reaction. She also made sure to insert the whole "The baby's both of yours" when Whoopi was saying it's her body/her experience, her decision to decide what works best for her body. You know, subtle shades of the eternal abortion fight that's at the back of Paula's mind (remember her dream to open a crisis birth center).

Did anyone here watch that interview, and if they did, can they tell me what that fembot said in response to D.L.? 

I don't know about the whole interview, but in the clip she showed, she said (paraphrasing), "Come on. You just insulted millions of people watching this channel." Then he responded that (can't remember exact wording) he couldn't care less if he insulted them considering Fox News insults him/all black people regularly.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 4

Oh Jeebus Cripes.  I guess I'm the only one who didn't see Paula's "I know you love your husband, and I know he loves you very much" 'splanation' as her trying to rein Sara in. I saw it as her defending Max, and trying to convince Sara that she should think about how HARD it is for Max. That she should try and understaaand where he is coming from. You know, concede that her husband is right and had a right to say what he did. Because, you know, Paula knows how much Max loves Sara.

Oh I saw it and posted "Paula, we know that you and airhead Sara are best pals but you don't need to be all sappy on the show."

This is another reason why we don't need best pals on this show! Paula didn't need to lay it on that thick!

3 hours ago, NextIteration said:

Ya know, I just watched that clip.  I had one child that was a champ and very easy to breastfeed, I had another that never got the latch down and it  was just time to give up or she would not have thrived.  Period.  When I wasn't struggling to get her to latch and have her fuss through a feeding I was pumping and getting no sleep.  The pediatrician was happy that she got the colostrum and said ya know?  You have to do what is best for the whole family and having you exhausted and unable to function is not good for the family.  Best advice I ever got, and she stressed hard that I should not feel guilty.

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Didn't they used to use that tactic when husbands used to hit their wives?  You know, like it is partly her fault.  Sara's husband seems harsh and controlling.

3 hours ago, NextIteration said:

This is what we experience in our family.  Some babies take to it well and others don't.  Some mother's take to it well and other don't.  No judgement.  No inquiries.  If a mother is breastfeeding they may set up shop wherever they want and we wait on them hand and foot.  We try to be supportive at family functions.

I really like Leslie Jones.  Loved D.L. and am loving the black community with voices standing up.  I saw a sign that said White silence = death that is so true.

So Paula, we can just jot you down for a Trump vote then?

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

So Paula, we can just jot you down for a Trump vote then?

I do believe she said once that she is for Trump.   She is a real conservative who does not like abortion and would like to open a crisis-center for pregnant women.  Can't imagine she would be for anyone else!

• Love 3

Sara is needy. I remember her saying that she's never been single, has always had a boyfriend. I seem to remember her even saying that she wouldn't dump a bf unless another was in arm's reach. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Sara is needy. I remember her saying that she's never been single, has always had a boyfriend. I seem to remember her even saying that she wouldn't dump a bf unless another was in arm's reach. 

Sara talks too much!!!  Just sayin'.

• Love 4