Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

• Start Topic

I see the character of Little Sweet is back. One of the ads has him talking to a guy who's just finished assembling something with an allen wrench. which LS calls a "little tool" - not the best phrase for the character to be uttering.

Little Sweet cracks me up, although not as much right this second since the Prince show I had tickets for last night got cancelled because he had the flu.

• Love 1

Little Sweet is a character best appreciated in small doses, but the company doesn't do that, and will fill its ad time in a show with him. Yes, it's different ads, but it's the same voice and shtick, so it grates after a while.

• Love 2

I see the character of Little Sweet is back. One of the ads has him talking to a guy who's just finished assembling something with an allen wrench. which LS calls a "little tool" - not the best phrase for the character to be uttering.

I haven't seen the ad but it sounds deliberate to me.  Little Sweet is supposed to be over the top ridiculous.

I think the parents in the gelato commercial are assholes! They're also what made me make the post about the ice cream left on the spoons that they pull out of their mouths.

I agree.  If they don't want the kid to have sweets before bed, tell him to go to bed.  But to go on and on about how delicious it is is just mean.

• Love 3

Little Sweet is a character best appreciated in small doses, but the company doesn't do that, and will fill its ad time in a show with him. Yes, it's different ads, but it's the same voice and shtick, so it grates after a while.

I hope Prince sues the crap out of Dr. Pepper and stops that ad campaign.

• Love 4

(weeps silently)  Like the Soba Noodle Broth Bowl.  Guess it was a seasonal item.  

Oh, how I mourn that Soba Noodle Broth Bowl. I don't think it was seasonal, because it was at my local Panera for at least a year. I hate the new broth bowls they've put in its place. I used to eat lunch at Panera twice a week, now maybe I get there once a month if that. And you're all right--that pretentious commercial does nothing for my desire to go there. It could have something to do with the fact that I'm old and no longer their target market, but I suspect it has more to do with them adding things I like to the menu, getting me hooked, and then taking them away.

• Love 4

Taylor Swift. Please go away. (Or at least back to the studio where you will probably record more songs throwing shade on your former boyfriends.)

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 7

The idiots sitting around the table at Panera eating soup and sandwiches and watching whatever stupid video on the one phone aggravate, but the one girl with the long hair dragging on her sandwich makes me sick.

• Love 5

Eh, I hate the Wizard of Oz and all the songs therein, so it doesn't bother me one way or the other.

Oh my god, I love you! I HATE that movie, I've never seen anybody else who hates it too! I tried it as a kid, hated it. Tried it again as a teenager and got maybe halfway through before I bailed, tried it again in my 20s and then just gave up.

I can't stand anything about that stupid ass movie.

Oh yeah, commercials, I really hate the Payless commercial where one woman says she loves the BoGo sale and the other woman says "if you love it so much why don't you marry it", then I throw something at my TV.

Who, past the age of 10 says that?

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 5

There is a local plumbing service that is saying there are lots of reasons for clogged pipes, they show someone pouring some very thick stuff into the sink, AND they show a toddler in diapers throwing lots of toys into the toilet and flushing it!  REALLY?  Why in God's green earth would you ENCOURAGE this kind of behavior??  Little kids get ideas!

• Love 1

The idiots sitting around the table at Panera eating soup and sandwiches and watching whatever stupid video on the one phone aggravate, but the one girl with the long hair dragging on her sandwich makes me sick.

Soup and sandwich and hair and dandruff and sandwich and soup and hair products and choking on your own hair and soup and . . . .

• Love 10

There is a local plumbing service that is saying there are lots of reasons for clogged pipes, they show someone pouring some very thick stuff into the sink, AND they show a toddler in diapers throwing lots of toys into the toilet and flushing it!  REALLY?  Why in God's green earth would you ENCOURAGE this kind of behavior??  Little kids get ideas!

Of course they do....while the evil plumbers sit around waiting for your call....bwahahahahahaha

• Love 6

I can't find it right now, but I keep seeing this dumbass Toyota commercial where the guy passes a truck and then makes cutesy faces in the mirror or whatever the truck is hauling.

It irritates me so so much!  You don't pass on the right and you don't spend time doing stupid faces in a reflection when you are driving!  I want him to drive off a cliff.

• Love 3

Re the Liberty Mutual idiots:

That one lady who talks about possibly having to drive three-fourths of a car (which.....whut?) was on earlier, and I decided that the Statue of Liberty is actually in the background giving these people the finger rather than just holding her torch in the air.

• Love 8

Wow. You can't even see the wires. Direct TV should hire her. She'd be a natural.

(I kid. Mostly. Denise and Neve Campbell were the best part of Wild Things [shut up], and just the fact that she'd not talk shit about Charlie Sheen elevates my opinion of her a bit, but man, she cannot act. At all.)

• Love 7

Wow. You can't even see the wires. Direct TV should hire her. She'd be a natural.

(I kid. Mostly. Denise and Neve Campbell were the best part of Wild Things [shut up], and just the fact that she'd not talk shit about Charlie Sheen elevates my opinion of her a bit, but man, she cannot act. At all.)

In all fairness to her, it is never easy to play a nuclear physicist.

• Love 5

Did you ever watch the 30Rock episode with Denise Richards?  I feel like 30 Rock is probably your sense of humor....if you haven't, you totally should watch that episode, I thought it was hilarious.  I'm all about someone that can poke fun at themselves.

• Love 1

That commercial about never getting married, never moving to the suburbs, never having another kid, never driving a minivan, then "I'm never letting go." If the pattern were to hold, the next scene is dude with a 22 year old girlfriend and a divorce attorney.

Edited by bitchin camaro
  • Love 15
Wow I'm not even gonna peek at that video!  Really, that's the video?

Yeah.  I took one for the team, and those stupid arrow slingers are the "battalion of free radical impaling anti-oxidants" POM is full of; one gets distracted by the doorbell and instead of hitting a free radical, hits a cat (heard, not seen).  Because that's funny.  Assholes.

• Love 8

This ad enrages me.  What is humorous about shooting a cat with an arrow?

I prefer to believe it was a near miss and the cat was yelping because it was startled. *covers ears* La la la la, I can't hear you!

Edited by riley702
  • Love 8

I've never seen 30 Rock.  *hangs head in shame*

LOL.....I think a lot of people haven't seen 30 Rock....but you should give it a try.....starting with Season 2.

I avoided the show for years, because did I really want to watch a show about a pretty girl with a great job that was going to whine about not finding a man?  But once I watched, I loved it.

Because its never too late for now (which is a reference you'll get if you ever decide to watch)

Jesus Christ. POM should yank that ad toot sweet. Then fire their PR people. Then apologize to PETA and to cats and to people who love cats. I do not kid this time.

They should....if for no other reason than aren't cats like superstars on the internet?

• Love 4
They should....if for no other reason than aren't cats like superstars on the internet?

One step more, they should because cats are living creatures and randomly shooting at them with arrows as a joke is heinous. This happens more than you think.

I predict that it is yanked right quick, but the memory lingers.

• Love 9

One step more, they should because cats are living creatures and randomly shooting at them with arrows as a joke is heinous. This happens more than you think.

Unfortunately they've actually been running that one for months.  Grumpy Cat needs to have a word with them.

• Love 2

LOL.....I think a lot of people haven't seen 30 Rock....but you should give it a try.....starting with Season 2.

I avoided the show for years, because did I really want to watch a show about a pretty girl with a great job that was going to whine about not finding a man?  But once I watched, I loved it.

Because its never too late for now (which is a reference you'll get if you ever decide to watch)

Yep: 

POM has always been a bit sketchy anyway.

• Love 4

That commercial about never getting married, never moving to the suburbs, never having another kid, never driving a minivan, then "I'm never letting go." If the pattern were to hold, the next scene is dude with a 22 year old girlfriend and a divorce attorney.

Driving a red Mazda MX-5 Miata, "remember when you were you." 

• Love 8

This one was probably mentioned before I found this thread. If so I apologize. I despise this commercial though and the way this actress handles the dialogue. I've liked her in TV shows and etc. that's she's been in but her character in this commercial makes me want to throw stuff at the TV.

• Love 4

This one was probably mentioned before I found this thread. If so I apologize. I despise this commercial though and the way this actress handles the dialogue. I've liked her in TV shows and etc. that's she's been in but her character in this commercial makes me want to throw stuff at the TV.

That reminds me:

I really like Maya Rudolph, but this ad is just irritating. It might have been less so if she didn't kiss the stupid bottle.

• Love 2

Oh, I agree with you.  I'm just saying from a heartless marketing executive's standpoint...even for someone who has no soul or moral compass, this would be a bad idea because of how much people adore cats.

What tickles me is she is walking right by the Clorox product that he scented to not smell like bleach.  

• Love 3

Denise and Neve Campbell were the best part of Wild Things [shut up]

Not for those of us who prefer the sight of Kevin Bacon (all of him). Actually, Wild Things was an ingenious movie, and I defend it without apology.

• Love 2

It seems Weight Watchers has ditched the Oprah ads. I'm guessing they found they were having a negative effect.

Which I bet astounds the all mighty Oprah (puke) because she seems to think she walks on water and we should all worship at her feet.

Sorry, not a fan at all.

• Love 9

Which I bet astounds the all mighty Oprah (puke) because she seems to think she walks on water and we should all worship at her feet.

Sorry, not a fan at all.

Plenty of shade at her feet, or at least there use to be, before the Weight Watchers.

• Love 2