Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

• Start Topic

One word: alcohol.

I am laughing so hard at this. I do not know what dude wipes are for. But if they are for genital cleaning. All the commercial has to have is one guy saying remember when you thought cologne on your testicles would be a good thing or giving your testicles an alcohol bath would be quick and easy. They then both go ouch and start laughing.
  • Love 3

I hate that Playtex ad where the girl was falling all over herself trying to skate and then bam! she puts on a pad and suddenly she's Tony Hawk.

I resent the implications that women can't function as humans when they are menstruating. A man HAD to have written that ad.

It may have made her bac at skating, but it made her a better bowler, so it's a trace off.

• Love 1

The new one I'm hating is for cereal (I think). It starts with three adults (!) SLUUURPING milk from their cereal bowls. So gross! The worst part is that it occurs at the very beginning so I can't hit the mute button fast enough. I get angry just writing about it :/

• Love 3

"This is supposed to be fast food, people, and we can't exactly call it fast [if customers are complaining about the time it takes to get their order]."

"Why not? We call it food."

Brought to you by Roseanne; I was reminded of the "Chicken Hearts" episode by the posts above.

• Love 5

Did you notice they never refer to these morsels as Chicken Nuggets, just Nuggets or Golden Nuggets.  Nary a chicken word.

well "discarded chicken beaks n' butts" just doesn't sound very tasty.......

I would rather not know what goes into nuggets or hot dogs....

• Love 6

well "discarded chicken beaks n' butts" just doesn't sound very tasty.......

I would rather not know what goes into nuggets or hot dogs....

LOL!

And there are several places in my small town that really serve real milk shakes.  YUM!!

• Love 2

LOL!

And there are several places in my small town that really serve real milk shakes.  YUM!!

you know, that post about the milkshakes got me thinking....I've been hearing less about "real milk" milkshakes, and a lot more about "real ice cream" milk shakes.  

I wonder if there is some definition of ice cream that somehow makes it cheaper.  But In N' Out....a burger joint over here, serves real milk shakes and they are amazing!  And I know its real milk because my body complains bitterly afterwards.

• Love 4

There is a Tidy Cat commercial where people keep saying "hey, toss me that litter." I know what they are getting at, but I always get annoyed and want to shout at them "get your own litter, that stuff isn't free! "

Edited by 90PercentGravity
  • Love 7

I wonder if there is some definition of ice cream that somehow makes it cheaper.

"Frozen dairy dessert" or whatever they call that crap that masquerades as ice cream?  I recently had a throwback craving for an ice cream sandwich, but gave up after the first two brands I looked at did not contain actual ice cream.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 6

I HATE the bratty kids and the commercials for Halo oranges. Just what this world needs is more awful kids being indulged by idiot parents.

Ugh, I finally saw this: "If you don't have Halos, they [meaning crotchfruit] won't have halos"?!

• Love 2

There is a Tidy Cat commercial where people keep saying "hey, toss me that litter." I know what they are getting at, but I always get annoyed and want to shout at them "get your own litter, that stuff isn't free! "

get off my lawn!

"Frozen dairy dessert" or whatever they call that crap that masquerades as ice cream?  I recently had a throwback craving for an ice cream sandwich, but gave up after the first two brands I looked at did were not made with actual ice cream.

I've seen that and I'm so confused.  Real ice cream is also a frozen dairy dessert, as is frozen yogurt.  What kind of games are they playing that they want to use category description?  I'm not sure where you're at, but I believe a number of chains are selling something called "Cool Haus" ice cream sandwiches.  Having had them from a "Cool Haus" ice cream truck I can tell you that they are delicious.  

But it is sort of a sad commentary that you need to get super premium ice cream sandwiches if you want real ice cream.

• Love 4

I've seen that and I'm so confused.  Real ice cream is also a frozen dairy dessert, as is frozen yogurt.  What kind of games are they playing that they want to use category description?  

In the US, by law a product has to have at least 10% butter fat to marketed as "ice cream".  Many products nowadays, perhaps most infamously many varieties of Breyers, do not and as such have to be branded as something else.  Is the same situation that causes Kraft singles to be called "cheese product" because it doesn't meet the legal definition of cheese.  I'm thinking about lobbying to have regular Oreos called "chocolate slimwhich cookies" because there's no longer enough cream in them to legal be called a sandwich cookie.

• Love 7

I'm thinking about lobbying to have regular Oreos called "chocolate slimwhich cookies" because there's no longer enough cream in them to legal be called a sandwich cookie.

That's why I eat Double Stuff Oreos only. Edited by SmithW6079
  • Love 3

That's my understanding.  Sweetened Crisco.

From http://www.snackworks.com/products/product-detail.aspx?product=4400003202:

Ingredients

SUGAR, UNBLEACHED ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE {VITAMIN B1}, RIBOFLAVIN {VITAMIN B2}, FOLIC ACID), HIGH OLEIC CANOLA AND/OR PALM AND/OR CANOLA OIL, COCOA (PROCESSED WITH ALKALI), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, LEAVENING (BAKING SODA AND/OR CALCIUM PHOSPHATE), CORNSTARCH, SALT, SOY LECITHIN, VANILLIN--AN ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, CHOCOLATE.

I wonder if there is some definition of ice cream that somehow makes it cheaper.  But In N' Out....a burger joint over here, serves real milk shakes and they are amazing!  And I know its real milk because my body complains bitterly afterwards.

We have Steak n' Shake in my neck of the woods.  The burgers are meh imo, so greasy and too little meat.  Same with the fries; starchy shoestrings that get cold too fast.  It's like hangover food.  But the shakes are fab.  And I think they're real ice cream.  Or at least real milk?

As for the ad, I sincerely apologize in advance, but it's been popping up on YouTube for days and the first time I heard that chomping sound, I actually recoiled in horror.  I can't be the only one who's heard this ad.  The youtube comments are deservedly trashing it to bits.  It's supposed to be annoying, but not annoying enough to fling your phone across the room.  

People with misphonia, beware.  Shudder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njfp02JTzzY

• Love 4

I said this some time ago but Bush's has doubled down with new commercials.  BAKED BEANS ARE NOT VEGETABLES!  

I agree, I can see a bean being a vegetable, but baked beans are smothered in sugar and molasses and fat (I think)

Its like people somehow insisting that fried okra is a vegetable.  Technically, there is a vegetable in there somewhere...but come on man!

Bacon is not a condiment. It's a food group all on its own.

Bacon is a government conspiracy to keep the population down.  :)

• Love 2

I agree, I can see a bean being a vegetable, but baked beans are smothered in sugar and molasses and fat (I think)

Its like people somehow insisting that fried okra is a vegetable.  Technically, there is a vegetable in there somewhere...but come on man!

They're still a vegetable, just one prepared in a manner which negates the nutritional value by adding lots of sugar and fat.  Goes to show, not all vegetable dishes are healthy.  But they are yummy.

• Love 4

RCARTER, you must not be from the South!

Edited by Brattinella
  • Love 2

I wonder if there is some definition of ice cream that somehow makes it cheaper.  But In N' Out....a burger joint over here, serves real milk shakes and they are amazing!  And I know its real milk because my body complains bitterly afterwards.

I suspect it's the definition of "real milk" that's the issue. It's not unusual to see the price of 1%, 2% and whole milk be different at a local store. If they call it a "real milk milkshake", they may not be allowed to use a cheaper, lower-fat, milk.

• Love 2

They're still a vegetable, just one prepared in a manner which negates the nutritional value by adding lots of sugar and fat.  Goes to show, not all vegetable dishes are healthy.  But they are yummy.

You mean carrot cake doesn't count as a vegetable? Who knew?

• Love 9

Is there a petition yet to make Geico to pull the "Peter Pan" ad?  All the Liberty Mutual commercials are annoying enough, I can sort of tune them out, but that one from Geico is channel changing, rant evoking, not again! annoying!

• Love 7

LOL - I am not :)  But I've visited for work, and pleasure, and I've been shocked at what people will do to vegetables down there!  

But its all so good.  I had deep fried pickles, and knew instantly that I would be at least 500 pounds if I lived in the South.

I suspect it's the definition of "real milk" that's the issue. It's not unusual to see the price of 1%, 2% and whole milk be different at a local store. If they call it a "real milk milkshake", they may not be allowed to use a cheaper, lower-fat, milk.

that actually makes a lot of sense

• Love 2

I guess the kids could also argue that CHOCOLATE is a bean (or starts out as one) so they might as well as gorge themselves on it even more than baked beans!

• Love 7

I guess the kids could also argue that CHOCOLATE is a bean (or starts out as one) so they might as well as gorge themselves on it even more than baked beans!

Sounds like a solid argument.  I'll get the Reese's peanut butter cups out and get in my 7 servings of vegetables today.  I think nuts are considered a fruit (according to wikipedia) so I can get all my servings of fruit and vegetables done in about.....10 minutes :)

• Love 8

Not all baked beans are of the sweet (molassesy or brown sugary or whatever) kind - there are smokey, savory, hot, etc.  My grandma's recipe sure isn't sweet, but it's very very good.  But even Bush's have plenty of options.

They do.  And I like them all. ;)

• Love 3

Seems like a good enough reason to me. Traumatic brain injuries are no joke. A former fireman with one just shot and killed a waitress the other day for asking him not to smoke inside. Not every football player is a mega millionaire with the resources to deal with it.

• Love 11