Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

Whenever I see "Moschino" Barbie I keep reading "Maraschino" Barbie.

I detest the Google music commercial that shows people in a field dancing, but everyone has their ear buds in, dancing to their own playlists. The girl who sees them sets her own music to join in. I doubt if they intended it, but to me it's an indictment of society today -- all this technology that can connect us and we're more separated than ever.

• Love 13

I have a Mattel collectors Elizabeth Taylor as Cleopatra, mint in box.  I collect dolls (not Barbie) and picked it up at a doll show for ten bucks only because I've seen them at the larger doll shows for a hundred and fifty.  It's really beautiful.

*SWOON*

I adored Liz Taylor as Cleopatra, not because of her acting, because of her delicious beauty!  I looked up the Mattel doll, and OMG it is gorgeous!  That is my favorite costume from the movie, when she was brought in to the city on a palanquin.  AAHHH!!

• Love 3

*SWOON*

I adored Liz Taylor as Cleopatra, not because of her acting, because of her delicious beauty!  I looked up the Mattel doll, and OMG it is gorgeous!  That is my favorite costume from the movie, when she was brought in to the city on a palanquin.  AAHHH!!

Oh, you should see it!  I couldn't believe I got it for ten bucks!  Some lady was selling it for her friend, who told her to get whatever she could for it.  My lucky day.  I suppose i should feel kind of bad about it, but I don't.

• Love 4

Sweet Lord, it's flu season, so we have the Tamiflu commercial back, but this year instead of a Gulliver's Travel's man, we have a woman.  I hate those stupid commercials.  In this one, the woman walks like she's got a pants full of crap in her PJ's

There is a Tamiflu commercial with a man, but it's a different one from last year.

• Love 1

The "PC does what?" commercial always makes me think of the "penis goes where?" meme that's been floating around the internet for about a decade.

Actually, that "penis goes where?" was my reaction when, at the age of 12, I found out what sex was (followed by "Ewwww!").

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 2

There is a Tamiflu commercial with a man, but it's a different one from last year.

I never understood why they insisted on making that man so tall.  What does that have to do with the flu?  I've never been sick and thought why the F is everything so tiny?!  The moving slow thing, yeah you kinda do move in slow-mo when you're sick but as a poster up thread said the Gulliver's Travel's type of scenario is weird.

• Love 3

I never understood why they insisted on making that man so tall.  What does that have to do with the flu?  I've never been sick and thought why the F is everything so tiny?!  The moving slow thing, yeah you kinda do move in slow-mo when you're sick but as a poster up thread said the Gulliver's Travel's type of scenario is weird.

It has something to do with the flu being a big deal.  On the longer commercials they use a tagline like that.

• Love 5

I detest the Google music commercial that shows people in a field dancing, but everyone has their ear buds in, dancing to their own playlists. The girl who sees them sets her own music to join in. I doubt if they intended it, but to me it's an indictment of society today -- all this technology that can connect us and we're more separated than ever.

But for those of us, who are of the Accidental Tourist variety, we are loving this new society.

I saw this thing about this dance club that opened, where they give you your own head set to listen to the deejay (maybe there are a few deejays, because I remember there were different stations you could turn to) so that everyone is dancing in what looks like complete silence to an onlooker.

• Love 1

I saw this thing about this dance club that opened, where they give you your own head set to listen to the deejay (maybe there are a few deejays, because I remember there were different stations you could turn to) so that everyone is dancing in what looks like complete silence to an onlooker.

That is such an interesting concept.  First, all those people who dance off beat now have a good cover story.  Second, you can actually talk to someone if you want to.  I generally hate clubs because I can't hear anyone, and I'm not trying to dance all night in my heels, so its cool to be able to talk to someone, or anyone.  

• Love 2

Hate, HATE the new Zaxby's commercials with the chicken mascot.  WTFudge?  Are creepy mascots a thing now?  First Burger King did it with the...whatever the hell he is and now this chicken running around town?  =(

https://youtu.be/scO36LmE954

I liked the commercials with the Duck Dynasty guys in it or even Alfonso.  Winning Dancing with the Stars gets you a spot on a Zaxby's commercial--sounds good to me!  =D

The Moschino Barbie ad reminds me of the Leverage episode where they were conning a fashion designer and made up fake ads & interviews to push their fake designer - "It's a Moschino. Don't you love it?"

• Love 4

As I've said on some show threads, I've recently turned off the satellite and went to antenna. I thought cable channels had some really awful commercials, but wow, they're nothing compared to the crap on small over the air networks. There are the ones for medical appliances paid for by medicare - not stair lifts or scooter chairs, these are knee braces . Then there's financial "helping" ones, not just the opera on the bus, but ones for just in case you have a lawsuit going and are expecting a settlement - my guess, your entire settlement will go to the financial company and others for same day loans - including the rate suckers. To me the people who invented these business are evil people - ranking up there with Wall Street Bankers, but just a low rent version. And the skin cremes that will make you young again - ick, but you can use it for 30 days free.

• Love 6

I used to like the first few Havertys furniture commercials when Emily and Ryan first met.  Emily was kind of playful and pleasant.  Now, however, she is becoming a snooty bitch and he's becoming her enabler, so I don't want to see them anymore.

• Love 4

There is a Pet Smart commercial out there about a father getting his son a guinea pig for Christmas. I love the end, but everything up to that makes me sad for the guy. 1st the guys wife asks, did he actually put a guinea pig inside of a wrapped present that his son is shaking and pounding against the floor. I am thinking poor guy, either your wife thinks you are not very smart or she is not very smart for thinking you would wrap a small animal inside of a small box. And the way your son is handling that package does not bode well for that guinea pig, whether he is in that package or not. Dude you have a special family, short bus riding in nature.

I still can't decide whether I love the Dad for being so deadpan or find it too affected. No matter what, though, that kid should not have a live pet.

• Love 4

I hate the Geico commercial with Peter Pan.  I never cared for Peter Pan (book, movie, whatever) anyway, and this just seals the deal.  'Joanne!  Is that you? You don't look a day over 70.  Am I right?'  Grrrr!  I like to extend the commercial in my imagination where his classmates gang up on him after the reunion is over and he never makes it out of the parking lot.

• Love 11

After enduring the summer months of people trying to hide their skanky feet, we're "blessed" with the Amope commercials with people gazing lovingly at their feet after sanding down all the callouses. The yoga woman especially drives me nuts.

• Love 4

OMG, that Black Friday Woman commercial. Please shoot me now.

The new one is worse. Why the hell did Big Lots bring her back? The best part of the holidays ending last year was never having to see the idiot and her back up idiots again.

• Love 8

I love the Amope feet while eating dinner. Very appetizing. NOT

I HATE the bratty kids and the commercials for Halo oranges. Just what this world needs is more awful kids being indulged by idiot parents.

Yeah, when did it become cute for parents to be afraid of children?  Are more children sociopaths?  I'm happy that kids are crazy for fruit, but still.

• Love 4

Yeah, when did it become cute for parents to be afraid of children? Are more children sociopaths? I'm happy that kids are crazy for fruit, but still.

Of the Halo commercials, I can't decide what's crazier: that a child would behead her own stuffed horse or that she's apparently seen The Godfather. Either way, that horse reference still gives me a chuckle, against my better judgment.

• Love 7

Of the Halo commercials, I can't decide what's crazier: that a child would behead her own stuffed horse or that she's apparently seen The Godfather. Either way, that horse reference still gives me a chuckle, against my better judgment.

agree, I don't like bratty kids, but it is funny that she has seen...and is referencing the Godfather

• Love 2

I hate the Geico commercial with Peter Pan.  I never cared for Peter Pan (book, movie, whatever) anyway, and this just seals the deal.  'Joanne!  Is that you? You don't look a day over 70.  Am I right?'  Grrrr!  I like to extend the commercial in my imagination where his classmates gang up on him after the reunion is over and he never makes it out of the parking lot.

You're not the only one.  I'd beat the crap out of him while telling him that THIS is why he was such a popular target in high school.

• Love 4

About those Peyton Manning commercials; has anyone here ever read his Wikipedia page?  What he did to that female trainer and the court settlements afterward?  It's enough to make you sick.   I was already boycotting Papa John's, but this carves it in stone.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 3

Some people on here are grossed out by ads with people eating with their mouths open or making noises while they eat or that they eat certain brands of yogurt. None of those particularly bother me as I don't watch tv much, I listen while I do other things, read FB or the boards here or play computer games. But why is it that when I do look at the screen there's some fool shaving the skin off their feet! Yuck, that's what grosses me out.

• Love 3

Some people on here are grossed out by ads with people eating with their mouths open or making noises while they eat or that they eat certain brands of yogurt. None of those particularly bother me as I don't watch tv much, I listen while I do other things, read FB or the boards here or play computer games. But why is it that when I do look at the screen there's some fool shaving the skin off their feet! Yuck, that's what grosses me out.

what is that a commercial for?  do we all really worry that much about our feet?  every other commercial is about people hiding their toes, or touching their toes, or some cartoon creature digging in some toes...it's bizarre

• Love 3

About those Peyton Manning commercials; has anyone here ever read his Wikipedia page?  What he did to that female trainer and the court settlements afterward?  It's enough to make you sick.   I was already boycotting Papa John's, but this carves it in stone.

Are you confusing Peyton Manning with Bret Farve. The Football Gods are not happy!

Are you confusing Peyton Manning with Bret Farve. The Football Gods are not happy!

In 1996 while attending the University of Tennessee, it is alleged that Manning, while being examined by a female trainer, pulled down his shorts and sat on the trainer's face. He proceeded to rub his rectum and testicles on the woman's face until she was able to free herself from him.[228][229] Within hours of the incident, the trainer reported Manning's actions to the Sexual Assault Crisis Center in Knoxville.[229] Manning claimed that he did not do what the trainer alleged and was just mooning teammates across the room. Despite Manning's denial, several eyewitnesses confirmed the trainer's account. According to court documents, Manning taunted the trainer by re-enacting the incident on two occasions and called her a "bitch" after she attempted to give him a drug test. The trainer later settled with the university for $300,000 and left the school. In Manning's autobiography, he described the trainer as having a "vulgar mouth". As a result of this comment, the trainer was demoted from her job as Program Director at Florida Southern College. Copies of Manning's book were distributed on the campus and the trainer received threatening letters. The trainer sued for defamation, resulting in an undisclosed settlement and a court-ordered gag on Manning ever talking about the incident again. Court documents raised questions about the veracity of Manning's account. In denying a request for dismissal, Polk County Circuit Judge Harvey A. Kornstein stated "[e]ven if the plaintiff is a public figure, the evidence of the record contains sufficient evidence to satisfy the court that a genuine issue of material fact exists that would allow a jury to find, by clear and convincing evidence, the existence of actual malice of the part of the defendants", going on to say that "there is evidence of record, substantial enough to suggest that the defendants knew that the passages in question were false".[230] In 2005, Manning was forced to resettle after violating the court's gag order and discussing the incident on ESPN.[231]

• Love 2

Some publication did a great article on that behavior - and the fact it's so rarely discussed - several ago, but now I can't remember which one it was.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 1

In 1996 while attending the University of Tennessee, it is alleged that Manning, while being examined by a female trainer, pulled down his shorts and sat on the trainer's face. He proceeded to rub his rectum and testicles on the woman's face until she was able to free herself from him.[228][229] Within hours of the incident, the trainer reported Manning's actions to the Sexual Assault Crisis Center in Knoxville.[229] Manning claimed that he did not do what the trainer alleged and was just mooning teammates across the room. Despite Manning's denial, several eyewitnesses confirmed the trainer's account. According to court documents, Manning taunted the trainer by re-enacting the incident on two occasions and called her a "bitch" after she attempted to give him a drug test. The trainer later settled with the university for $300,000 and left the school. In Manning's autobiography, he described the trainer as having a "vulgar mouth". As a result of this comment, the trainer was demoted from her job as Program Director at Florida Southern College. Copies of Manning's book were distributed on the campus and the trainer received threatening letters. The trainer sued for defamation, resulting in an undisclosed settlement and a court-ordered gag on Manning ever talking about the incident again. Court documents raised questions about the veracity of Manning's account. In denying a request for dismissal, Polk County Circuit Judge Harvey A. Kornstein stated "[e]ven if the plaintiff is a public figure, the evidence of the record contains sufficient evidence to satisfy the court that a genuine issue of material fact exists that would allow a jury to find, by clear and convincing evidence, the existence of actual malice of the part of the defendants", going on to say that "there is evidence of record, substantial enough to suggest that the defendants knew that the passages in question were false".[230] In 2005, Manning was forced to resettle after violating the court's gag order and discussing the incident on ESPN.[231]

Say what?  What the hell was the point of any of that, that doesn't even sound amusing?  I just don't get it, and its all so weird..  This is like Clarence Thomas and the pubic hair on the Coke can all over again.  At first its so hard to believe because honestly, what human being does that, in front of other human beings?  What human being gets joy out of putting a hair on a coke can?  What human being finds pleasure in any of this?  Its so bizarre.

• Love 4

Say what?  What the hell was the point of any of that, that doesn't even sound amusing?  I just don't get it, and its all so weird..  This is like Clarence Thomas and the pubic hair on the Coke can all over again.  At first its so hard to believe because honestly, what human being does that, in front of other human beings?  What human being gets joy out of putting a hair on a coke can?  What human being finds pleasure in any of this?  Its so bizarre.

Misplaced machismo?  I dunno, your guess is as good as mine.

• Love 2

what is that a commercial for?  do we all really worry that much about our feet?  every other commercial is about people hiding their toes, or touching their toes, or some cartoon creature digging in some toes...it's bizarre

IKR? I don't get this obsession for "soft, beautiful feet" any more than I do tooth-whitening. OK, I'm yellowing. BFD!

• Love 4

IKR? I don't get this obsession for "soft, beautiful feet" any more than I do tooth-whitening. OK, I'm yellowing. BFD!

everyone has thousand watt smiles these days.  I remember when people used to have to get their teeth bonded for that look.

• Love 2

What is funny is that I have lived in Lakeland Fl. for over fifty years. The home of Florida Southern College. And this is the first I have heard of this incident. In my younger days I visited that campus a lot. I must admit I am not into athletes or celebrity books. People with talent giving us the woe is me or the you can do it too. Is a little much for me. People with talent especially great talent, usually start living in a non normal world at a very early age. And never quite see the real world most people live in, even after a hard fall.

• Love 2

The new one is worse. Why the hell did Big Lots bring her back? The best part of the holidays ending last year was never having to see the idiot and her back up idiots again.

Heh, The Back Up Idiots is so the name of my next band.

It doesn't help that the one who does the singing looks like Delta Burke, who I've always liked and had a low-grade crush on. It's a conflation I don't need, Big Lots!

• Love 8