Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Dutch and the Real Girl

• Start Topic

I thought that was pretty good return from S1 -- no slow down in the pace, we picked up only a few days after the bombing of Old Town, they've got D'avin back, we found that there is definitely something different about D'avin since he was able to resist the Level 6 conversion, that Fancy is indeed a Level 6 now, that Dutch may have been wrong about Khlyen all along and that he has been protecting her from something that scares even him, and we got to meet a new character who is heavily modded (26% to be exact), sassy, and might have a thing for Johnny.

Pree made a good substitute as the 3rd member of the team searching for D'avin, and he had some pretty funny lines.

• Love 8

I never knew how much I missed this show until now.

A pretty fun return, and it was not only great seeing Dutch, John, and D'Avin again, but I enjoyed them bringing pretty much all of the main supporting characters back in prominent roles like Pree (yay!), Fancy, and Khylen.  Even name-dropping both Dr. Pawter and Alvis, so I'm sure they'll be back once they figure out how to get back into Old Town.

Between this and American Gothic, I see Stephanie Leonidas is finally be able to show her face again, after three seasons under all those prosthetics as Inara in Defiance.  Enjoyed Clara and her badass gun-arm.  Hopefully she'll be popping up again.

I'm all for more episodes that require John and Pree to go undercover together.

So, Khylen might not be the big baddie, but someone trying to prevent the true bad guy from getting to Dutch?  And Fancy is now Level 6 and is helping him?  Guarding him?  Not quite sure what to make of that scene.

Speaking of confusion, I have no idea what to make of D'Avin's vision of Dutch beating the crap out of people on that planet.

John continues to be hilarious.  And John/Lucy continue to be one of my favorite human/spaceship relationships.

Welcome back, Killjoys!

• Love 9
(edited)

I love this show but they better not mess with Fancy -- if he's not full of snark, wit, and creativity and has become Khlyen's mindless zombie, I will not forgive or forget. The level 7 tease was great, I wonder if episode 5 made them all immune, and this hour was over way way too fast.

As for Cybergirl/Johnny, even the ship was shipping them. This confirms that Johnny's predilection for...circuitry...is now canon. We did not imagine the frisson between him and Lucy.

Update: In re: Ep 5, it would be Dutch and D'avin who'd be immune, right -- Johnny never got nanited did he? Or is it something inherently jaqobian? Remember how Johnny "used" the goo-computer towards the end of S1?

Edited by Snarkette
Added thoughts about immunity
  • Love 9

Praise the trees and pass the hokk! Glad to have the show back. Loved seeing all the characters again. Pree was hilarious. So were Khlyen and D'avin. 

And nice to see Stephanie Leonidas from Defiance as Clara.  Perhaps we'll see her again.

• Love 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, Gillian Rosh said:

And nice to see Stephanie Leonidas from Defiance as Clara.  Perhaps we'll see her again.

Totally missed that was who played Clara, but on rewatch her voice confirms it, with the dose of sarcasm liberally applied (when they were comparing who had the worse life backstory).  I also hope Clara is a recurring character in S2.  Well, Clara and Alice.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 4

John - "... well, maybe if she wasn't such a huge raging bitch." / *utter silence in the whole place afterwards*; 'Poker' player - "Whoa!  You don't disrespect your man's mother!"

Best 30 seconds of the episode.

Good start to the season, really set up some future plot points and mysteries.  Looks like the freeing of Old Town is going to the next immediate time-frame focus for our Killjoys.

• Love 12

For me it was when Alice hit on Johnny -- after Lucy hit on him all last season. Plus steampunk girl (who technically isn't human either).

But the poker scene was beautiful too.

And now that I think of it, doesn't Johnny have a bottle of green goo still?

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Snarkette said:

For me it was when Alice hit on Johnny -- after Lucy hit on him all last season. Plus steampunk girl (who technically isn't human either).

And now that I think of it, doesn't Johnny have a bottle of green goo still?

That was pretty good, too.

No, Khlyen broke into his room and stole the vial of goo back (if I'm remembering correctly).  After killing the woman that was analyzing it for Johnny.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 1

The only thing I missed was the intro song (I liked it in S01 and was looking for a full-length version, no luck).

The rest was just as I remembered: high-speed ride with my favourite characters. Ok, so D'avin is still a bit bland, but the rest of the cast makes up for it.

I guess whatever Doctor Sam Carter did do D'avin before S01 makes him immune to Level 6?  I'm really looking forward to this season!

• Love 1
(edited)
22 hours ago, Ariah said:

The only thing I missed was the intro song (I liked it in S01 and was looking for a full-length version, no luck).

The rest was just as I remembered: high-speed ride with my favourite characters. Ok, so D'avin is still a bit bland, but the rest of the cast makes up for it.

I guess whatever Doctor Sam Carter did do D'avin before S01 makes him immune to Level 6?  I'm really looking forward to this season!

Would make sense. 

And speaking of Dr Sam Carter, I happened to notice in the opening credits that Amanda Tapping directed this episode [or maybe it was Dark Matter, but I know she was credited as directing one of them]. - - - ETA: Just saw the info, and it was Dark Matter than AT directed.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 1
(edited)

I didn't realise how much I missed this show until it was back!

I hope Fancy is still Fancy just with Level Six healing and conditioning, although I'm not sure if the universe can handle a Fancy/Khlyen teamup. That much competency and badassness combined? It's a good thing that they seem to on Dutch's side even if they are playing chess while our heroes play checkers.  

As the show is clearly set on Dutch/D'avin and John/Clara had some chemistry I'm just going to go with it. Dutch and John would have worked better for me but that doesn't look like it's happening so I hope Clara comes back. It helps that I like her as a character in her own right which I never really have for D'avin.

My guess is that The Lady and the woman D'avin saw who looked that Dutch are one in the same. Twins? Clones? Mother? Who knows. 

Edited by patchwork
  • Love 4
(edited)

I agree with ya'll❗ I am so satisfied that KILLJOY is back! Pree is a welcome addition.                                            

'Where'(the location) were D'avon and Khylen in the green-Goopon vision ? Also, what did Khlyen mean that "He shouldn't be here yet"(or to that effect) upon seeing D'avon in the green-Goopon vision ?                                                                        

*[i do think that Dutch needs to cease 'modeling' in her walk and some of her facial expressions.]

Edited by The Crazed Spruce
Edited spacing issues, removed unneeded quote.
  • Love 1

Like Johnny, D'Avin, Pree, Alvis, Dutch, like the one liners, so glad to watch the show.

Of course, this episode basically undid the actual events of the big exciting finale to season one, bringing D'Avin back to the fold and foiling Dutch's revenge. As far as the revelations about the continuing plot, there are, let's see.. the Nine and the Company, whose relationship is still unclear, up to no good; the Rac and Level Six and Level Seven, whose relationship is also still unclear, also up to no good; the ominous threat that is "coming," whose relationship to anybody but D'Avin (he was an experimental subject,) is still unclear, also up to no good; Khlyen who was not only up to no good, but unlike all the others we more or less knew what he wanted, but now we don't: Old Town, who are more or less just victims, and our Killjoys, who are according to the premise all about the warrant, except our heroes are really about stopping the plot to...well, I've forgotten by now, but no doubt it is suitably heroic.  I suppose we can safely conclude that pretty much anything can happen and pretty much anybody can suddenly do something wholly unexpected. I guess this will make for exciting episodes.

As to the basics, in some ways the real plot, the triangle. Johnny is apparently doomed to intense but brief attractions with techy girl of the week, or merely sexual relationships. But his only emotionally intense relationships are with Dutch (and maybe Alvis as religion teacher?) D'Avin loves Dutch. Dutch has no relationships that are both sexual and emotionally committed. The proverb is, make haste slowly. 

• Love 3

Man, that hour went really fast.  Hate the opening credits... sorry.  I am not a fan of the cartoony look.  But loved the pace and everything else.

- Pree's expanded role in this was everything.  Nice to see what he can do when he is not just handing out drinks with sage advice.  From his calling everyone 'sweetie' to his "dying underwear" to his funny/convenient "marriage" to Johnny he was perfect.  And so damned pretty!!

- New girl Clara? is a fun addition.  She feels like a continuation of the steampunk elements that the show dropped in here and there last season underneath all the hard science fiction stuff.  Of course her gun-arm has a name and it liked Johnny!  His milkshake brings all the AI girls to the yard!

- Funny moment when we see inside D'Avin's head as he is fantasizing kissing Dutch, complete with the schmaltzy music and we cut to him humming it and dreaming with a stupid smile on his face while his doctor-torturers look upon him like "what the....?"

- The "Black Root" seem to be, heh, mostly black guys.  LOL

- Khlyen is such an enigma.  And so supremely hot in his long, sexy coats.  Whatever he is doing, whatever game he is playing or whatever cards he is holding...it is like it is the longest of all long cons with life and death consequences.  He always feels like he is several moves ahead of everyone.  And I am here for it.  I love a complicated ...villain? antagonist? anti-hero?.... whichever one it is, he is definitely it.

- Dutch kinda looked like Rihanna in that wig/weird eye combo outfit she had on when they were rescuing Clara.

- Oh my poor Fancy!  Please still be on our side in some way. If it took him becoming a Level Six to increase his screen time, then so be it. 

- So glad they mentioned Pawter and Alvis.  Good to know they'll still be around this season

- And finally, one of Pree's aliases is Paris O'Malley.  Ha!

• Love 7

Good lord is Hannah John-Kamen just ridiculously gorgeous. The disguise hair made me weak in the knees.

I absolutely adore this show. If there were any justice, it would be a full-blown breakout summer hit. Everything about it is just fantastic. Hell, I'll even admit that I like the new credits. I liked the old ones too, and I'm not even a comics/anime kind of guy. But I think it fits with the vibe of the show, and it's an extra bit of fun (for a show that's just chock full of fun!)

Anyway, if this premiere is any indication, season 2 might be even better than season 1. I am brimming with optimism for what's to come, anyway. I am giddy with anticipation over the prospect of Khlyen and Fancy teaming up to defend/protect Our Heroes from whatever big bad is hiding in the bushes. And yeah, Clara needs to be made a full-time member of the team asap. Pree too, for that matter. Meantime, seems to me even D'Avin has settled in and is becoming more and more interesting/entertaining with each passing episode. 

So much fun. And the arrow is pointing upward all the way around. This has officially become can't miss television for me. In fact, it might very well be the ONLY can't-miss show of this summer for me. And... you know what? I know this is a dangerous thing to say, but what the hell, I'm just gonna say it... it's quickly approaching Firefly territory. Whoa, was that out loud? Damn right it was! I regret nothing!

• Love 10
10 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Still not impressed by the new opening credits -- 

Agree. Have always felt opening credits were super cheesy. New ones even cheesier. I always tell people they must watch Killjoys but not to be put off by the opening credits as the show is umpteen times better. 

I'm thrilled this show is back. It makes me so happy to spend an hour in this world with these characters. Loved everything about this episode. No quibbles. Just give me more :)

• Love 1

Ah that was excellent (sans the opening credits)! Loved tech-girl and Alice (who of course crushed on Johnny) and Pree was excellent. Glad we got a shot of Oldtown at the end - I was getting worried. And Alvis and Pawter are not forgotten.

I guess Khlyen did prep Fancy as his very own Level 6 in case of emergency? Guy is truly one step ahead of everybody all the time. I agree - these two will make an awesome duo. I wonder if the lady that Khlyen should have been brought to is the head of the Black Root or just someone up higher in the hierarchy. Since I'm spitballing maybe she's Dutch's mother.

The big mystery was D'Avin's dreamwalk on Arkyn. What the hell was going on there? Khlyen called it a very old memory. There were Scarbacks and guys wearing the odd symbol fighting each other and it looks as if the fight was about tree saplings? Given how often this show mentions trees that probably shouldn't be surprising. Same goes for the big bad called Black Root (so I kept hearing beetroot). I wonder if the green goo is somehow tied to trees as well. And if it's a memory from long ago how could Dutch be in there - killing Scarbacks? I venture a guess that was not Dutch but an ancestor. Yeah, Dutch's family tree (he!) is definitely something I hope the show will finally explore a bit.

Very happy the show is back (cheesy credits and all)!

• Love 5
(edited)
59 minutes ago, MissLucas said:

The big mystery was D'Avin's dreamwalk on Arkyn. What the hell was going on there? Khlyen called it a very old memory. There were Scarbacks and guys wearing the odd symbol fighting each other and it looks as if the fight was about tree saplings? Given how often this show mentions trees that probably shouldn't be surprising. Same goes for the big bad called Black Root (so I kept hearing beetroot). I wonder if the green goo is somehow tied to trees as well. And if it's a memory from long ago how could Dutch be in there - killing Scarbacks? I venture a guess that was not Dutch but an ancestor. Yeah, Dutch's family tree (he!) is definitely something I hope the show will finally explore a bit.

What if -- Dutch is a clone ?  A clone of an ancient member of  her clan/family.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1

Yeah, I thought about that too but as usual when the word 'clone' pops up in my mind I think my love for 'Orphan Black' is playing tricks on me. On the other hand they're everywhere (12 Monkeys,  Dark Matter) so who knows.

• Love 1

I loved the addition of Pree to the crew but was sad that Clara didn't stay. I know she'll be back but I really feel like they need to expand the crew beyond three people, one of whom is kind of boring (D'avin). When they were all back on the ship with Fancy included I got all excited thinking, this could be the new crew.

• Love 4
(edited)

Pretty solid return to what have been a surprisingly great season 1 (especially the latest episodes !)

Looking forward to sail the stars again with that gang ! 

Anyhow, I also look forward to see Pawter back, I really liked her and her dynamic with John (more than the glimpses we had of his dynamic with Clara).

Edited by Triskan
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm starting to get really interested in Khlyen. There's something about this character type that always strikes a chord with me. He and Dutch are probably my favorite relationship right now,  but I hope we'll get a more nuanced reaction from her (I mean, she totally has a right to hate him, but it's kinda one-note).

I'm definitely interested in the green goo and "The Lady" mention. The new cybord character was OK although they've laid a bit too thick on her being Johnny's next love interest (potential, at least). Still, she was OK and I don't mind if she reappears down the line. I think I like her more than Pawter.

I think I'm ready for them to start telling D'Avin's backstory and I certainly need it to live up to the build-up.

I definitely suspect Dutch is a clone of the woman D'Avin saw in the flashback.

It kinda bugged me that the team was immediately distrustful of Fancy and went as far as to shoot him and leave him after they learnt he was level 6. Does it really mean he's brainwashed and against them? I mean, they weren't even sure D'Avin wasn't level 6.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 1

My favorite space show is back! I am so excited that I get to hang out in this world and with these characters again!

Its great to see Johnny and Dutch and D'Avin again, along with the always awesome Pree! I just am amazed at how many awesome characters this show has, both its main heroes and the supporting characters. Speaking of, I swear Fancy better get back to normal soon. You cannot have Fancy as some mindless drone! He is perfect the way he is! Plus mentions of Pawter and Alvis, so hopefully they join the gang soon. I also hope Clara comes back, she was awesome. Almost like a steampunk anime character come to life. And of course she has a thing for Johnny. Who wouldn't? I adore all the characters, but Johnny is still my favorite. 

I want the next episode now please!

• Love 5
5 hours ago, snowwhyte said:

I loved the addition of Pree to the crew but was sad that Clara didn't stay. I know she'll be back but I really feel like they need to expand the crew beyond three people, one of whom is kind of boring (D'avin). When they were all back on the ship with Fancy included I got all excited thinking, this could be the new crew.

I agree. I especially wish that Clara (and Alice!) could have stayed. I was totally shipping her and Johnny, and she was a badass fighter. 

• Love 1

I am so happy this show is back! It was a pretty good opening to the season. We found out a little more about Khylen. Apparently he can be hurt. We got a fun new character (Clara) and some intriguing new plot (D'Avin's memories).

I missed the old opening credits, though I can't remember now what they looked like. The new one is OK, I guess they wanted to tie in more with the comic books.

Pree is very funny, I hope they keep him onboard. I also liked the line "We're outnumbered by a factor of holy times shit." I love the funny lines on this show!

• Love 1

I guess I'm wired differently, because Johnny remains the character I like the least. I'd swap him for Pree in a hot minute. Repeatedly. So I was glad we had more of Pree here, and pleasantly surprised at how nicely done, too. Often expanding the material for characters who are very much "characters" doesn't end well (the "best in small doses" set), but this left me looking forward to more. 

Glad D'avin is back. Loved the goofy smile / humming. Super dorky and worked for me. (Overly cool characters can sometimes bug.) Liked the use of Khlyen, who was cool but didn't bug, and appreciate the indication of a more nuanced relationship with Dutch to come. I wasn't fond of the one note-ishness they've had. Clara was fine, didn't even mind the heavy telegraphing of possible romantic interest, so they must have hit something right there. (Wouldn't she be more cyber- than steampunk?) 

Nervous about Fancy. I like him way too much for this to zombify him. Fingers crossed the snark remains. Still, glad he appeared, and relieved he's still alive. Where there's life, there's hope.

Really like the recurring character name dropping and exposition about Oldtown. It was handled organically and helps make their world feel more robust and three dimensional. All in all, glad this is back. Didn't even mind the credits. Kind of liked the colors, in fact.

So glad to have this show back! Really enjoyed the first episode and I hope Pree and Clara stick around. I thought they fit in nicely and I liked Clara's chemistry with both Johnny and Dutch. It's nice to feel excited about a show again, especially one centered around a great female character. I also appreciate that even though the show deals with some heavy storylines it never feels depressing, it has a nice tonal balance. I'm used to having at least one character or storyline annoy me, but I'm into pretty much everything the show's serving up right now. 

• Love 2

YAY!!  Show is back!!!  I have missed The Quad so much!!!  Lucy has Clara's numbers, so I'm sure we'll see her again.  LOVED Clara & Alice with Dutch shooting up Eulogy.  And every morsel of Pree was delicious.  I was already intrigued by Khylen, but now even more so, and if he's indoctrinated Fancy as his Level 6, I can't wait to see where that goes.  I also hope we see Turin again... last we saw of him, Khylen had shoved a sword through his back, and was dragging him away somewhere.  

Dutch was as beautiful and badass as ever, and Johnny is, well... Johnny.  I want to like D'avin, I really do.  And I like the actor, but any more super special snowflakiness on D'avin's part and I'm going to starting calling him Sam Winchester, circa S2-S3 of Supernatural.  He's even starting to out snowflake Dutch.  

And the green goo that D'avin was bathing in did look like it could be part of the same goo that Johnny had stuck his fingers in (and briefly stole), so I will wait not-so-patiently to hear more about what that stuff is, and continue to wonder if it's green because of the trees.  Yeah, I definitely want to hear more detail on the warrior Scarbacks too.  

• Love 1

I enjoyed the small journey of D'avin lying to Dutch to talk her out of going to kill Khylen > Dutch giving D'avin a very long and searching look before agreeing to leave > D'avin subsequently admitting to her that he had lied > her saying she knew he had (but went along with it anyway).

Never try to put things over on Dutch, boys.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Wynterwolf said:

Dutch was as beautiful and badass as ever, and Johnny is, well... Johnny.  I want to like D'avin, I really do.  And I like the actor, but any more super special snowflakiness on D'avin's part and I'm going to starting calling him Sam Winchester, circa S2-S3 of Supernatural.  He's even starting to out snowflake Dutch.  

I'm curious. Just how is D'avin a special snowflake?  My impression is that something terrible was done to his brain possibly to hide some secrets when he was a soldier. This procedure perhaps allowed him to resist the Level 6 indoctrination. I haven't seen him exhibit any special powers or skills that would overshadow his partners. He's needed saving several times and has saved his team mates in return. 

Edited by gaby4ever25
  • Love 1

My impression is that something terrible was done to his brain possibly to hide some secrets when he was a soldier. This procedure perhaps allowed him to resist the Level 6 indoctrination. I haven't seen him exhibit any special powers or skills that would overshadow his partners. 

Dr. Jaeger programmed him to be able to override his control over his own actions and kill on demand, he wasn't supposed to be able to remember what she did, but he did and it caused his PTSD symptoms, which took a lot of screen time to sort out, and showed that his reaction was unusual.  It also seems likely that what was done to him will eventually tie to the larger political picture they're painting.  Now Khylen has tried to indoctrinate him to Level 6, which he completely rejected, which has also never happened, but he remembers some funky visions that he wasn't supposed to be able to see, that are probably going to drive the S2 storyline, and tie to the larger political picture, similar to how his PTSD memories drove much of the action in S1.  

But we'll see where they take it. This show still has my absolute favorite world-building, and the best use of secondary characters I think I've ever seen, so there's still plenty for me to love about this show.  D'avin is just at the bottom of my ranking for favorite character, but his issues drive almost as much of the action as Dutch does.  And now her interaction with/about/for him is even driving a lot of her actions.  I'm hoping we'll be getting more clues about her history soon, and I'm hoping for a much bigger role for Alvis (including maybe seeing his contact in The Company again, from the episode with the black rain).     

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, Wynterwolf said:

Dr. Jaeger programmed him to be able to override his control over his own actions and kill on demand, he wasn't supposed to be able to remember what she did, but he did and it caused his PTSD symptoms, which took a lot of screen time to sort out, and showed that his reaction was unusual.  It also seems likely that what was done to him will eventually tie to the larger political picture they're painting.  Now Khylen has tried to indoctrinate him to Level 6, which he completely rejected, which has also never happened, but he remembers some funky visions that he wasn't supposed to be able to see, that are probably going to drive the S2 storyline, and tie to the larger political picture, similar to how his PTSD memories drove much of the action in S1.  

But we'll see where they take it. This show still has my absolute favorite world-building, and the best use of secondary characters I think I've ever seen, so there's still plenty for me to love about this show.  D'avin is just at the bottom of my ranking for favorite character, but his issues drive almost as much of the action as Dutch does.  And now her interaction with/about/for him is even driving a lot of her actions.  I'm hoping we'll be getting more clues about her history soon, and I'm hoping for a much bigger role for Alvis (including maybe seeing his contact in The Company again, from the episode with the black rain).     

Aren't we supposed to assume that the inplant was what enabled him to resist the Level 6 programming.  In a way i tend to see D'avin as less a special snowflake than a mcguffin.  He is the object that triggers the stories but it is all pretty random.

i didn't think about the Trees and the green goo but that makes a lot of sense.  The bad guys killed the farmers (?) in order to control the trees and the goo because that enables the creation of zombie super soldiers to help run the galaxy.  I don't know if Dutch is a clone (doubt it) or a daughter but i guess that Kylen was training her to kill whoever she looks like and take over.  But she escaped.  Clearly he isn't running the show and doesn't like it.  But whether his interest is in thinking that he could control Dutch or actually is protecting her remains to be seen.

Still think the world building is great.

10 minutes ago, call me ishmael said:

In a way i tend to see D'avin as less a special snowflake than a mcguffin.

That could be too, depending on how we move forward.  But I don't think either generally make for enjoyable characters.

17 minutes ago, call me ishmael said:

I don't know if Dutch is a clone (doubt it) or a daughter but i guess that Kylen was training her to kill whoever she looks like and take over.

It was hard to get a sense of what time frame that vision was from.   Whether it was from the present, or the past, or maybe a possible future, or just a manipulation/simulation for someone else's benefit.  As for Khylen, I've mostly felt that he was training her to protect herself because she's a threat to someone. But because she doesn't really know who she is, she doesn't know she's a threat.  I think someone hid her in that harem to protect her (otherwise, why wouldn't they have just killed her), and Khylen was sent to make sure she could survive.  But yeah... that's the mystery I want to learn more about, and how her history ties to what's happening now.    

Khylen called the vision a 'memory' so we have to assume it was from the past unless he's pulling a Benjamin Button.

It's hard to tell where the show is going with D'avin. At first I thought his resistance to the green goo indoctrination had been caused by the dormant implant. But it's true he was also not supposed to remember what he had done when the implant had kicked in for the first time (not to mention that he was not supposed to kill everybody around him). So it's possible that there's something special about him - but it's also possible that it's all just stuff happening to trigger new plots. (My Gibbs-radar says otherwise, too many coincidences.)

I do hope we get back to Alvis soon so that he can provide more intel on Scarback history and tree cult. I always felt that would become important.

On a sidenote: the battle of the tree saplings happened on Arkyn where the company's first attempts to terraform went horribly wrong. So maybe something's off with those saplings and their green goo and the Company wanted to destroy all of them (before realizing they could be used to create killing machines) and the Scarbacks wanted to protect them because trees are holy?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Khylen called the vision a 'memory' so we have to assume it was from the past unless he's pulling a Benjamin Button.

Ha, true.  But you know Khylen, he can say something that is 100% true, but be 90% misleading because of all the context he leaves out.  I'm really starting to love that guy!  And Rob Stewart is phenomenal.  

• Love 4

You've all basically said everything I would, but just wanted to add that I'm so glad this show is back!!!!!  It's so much fun!!!  And man, those boys are HOT.  My only wish was that there had been a "previously on" so I could've been reminded what happened last season, haha.

Don't like the new intro, but everything else was FABULOUS! Loved seeing Pree featured more, loved seeing Bellus and Fancy ,not to mention the fact that they mentioned Pawter and Alvis.
Loved Clara and Alice. Hope we get to see them again.